SDT 2010-super important info link for new comers added to first post

Re: SDT 2010
« Reply #50 on: Jan 12, 2010, 09:34 PM »
*feels tempted to enter OSbot in this...*
If you do... and you don't win... then all future Christmases will be ruined.... ;_____;

Hahha XD I'm surprised at the amount of people who have given me this as a reason not to enter OSbot. I guess we'll just keep on going with the Xmass battles.

« Reply #51 on: Jan 12, 2010, 11:17 PM »
This would be cool to enter. I'll try and whip up some intro pages for a character and make this my entry into VOID I think, only because I have yet to actually submit a character here. I realize my character is more than likely going to die but oh well, I love making new characters anyway.

I was just wondering how many rounds do these usually last for?

« Reply #52 on: Jan 13, 2010, 01:13 AM »
MaxximumMatt,  "Billy"

Waking up one morning in Void City "Billy" knew immediately that he was in trouble. He had a sense for these things. The day before he was on his home planet, or dimension- who knows where Void is in relation to his home - a forest world filled with terrible creatures built for killing. So "Billy" is no stranger to danger and can handle himself. Still, though, he couldn't help but wonder what dragged him to this city... how he came to be here... and what this danger - this tournament- that he seemed to be stuck in the middle of really was. Maybe if he follows the leads as they present themselves he'll be able to find a way home or at least a few good meals as long as he's stuck here.

Seeking to blend in the young creature took on a generic name. Tom didn't suit him. Neither did Dick, or Harry... but Billy... Billy was a name he liked. His true name- a howl and a shriek- are too hard to pronounce in the western language that dominates the city he's in now.
"Billy" also managed to find a hat and vest that he is now quite fond of. He doesn't always wear them for he is, on the inside, an animal and prefers to be naked and free... but he is often seen in the hat, which he has taken a liking to. For some reason it, above all things and against all odds, seems to survive the worst encounters.

Personality:
"Billy" is highly intelligent, often kind and sometimes innocent and childlike. But he is, above all else, a predator who when hungry will eat almost anything without discrimination and when threatened will definitely fight anything that challenges him. Though he walks on his hind legs in imitation of many of the denizens of the city he can often be found padding around on all fours, naked, when no one is watching.

Powers and Abilities:
The race of creatures that "Billy" comes from are extremely malleable to the point of nearly being shape shifters. This not only allows them to hide many of their offensive and defensive attributes until they need them but allows them to flatten themselves enough to squeeze under a door or hide, if need be.

"Billy" has a prehensile tail.

Intelligence: Billy can currently speak his native language and English, the latter of which he learned by listening to people speak in the city. Billy has the intelligence of a very cunning animal but when it comes to languages he can learn them in a short period of time (about an hour).

Sixth Sense: Like most animals, "Billy" has an uncanny ability to sense danger- not just attacks from behind but also the intent of those around him or even changes in weather. This sense is strong enough that he senses the danger of the tournament long before he knows what it actually is.

Healing: "Billy" can actually regrow lost limbs (or wings) if need be, HOWEVER it would take at least 8 hours to do so, during which time he will need to feed for strength and then rest.

"Billy" is extremely agile and well versed in battle tactics.

"Billy" has a heightened sense of smell/sight/hearing/taste

"Billy" can reach a top speed of 90km/h on all fours- he can only maintain this speed for about a minute.

Flight: "Billy" has wings for flying which he produces from his back when he feels the need to.

Offense - "Billy" has large claws which he can unfurl from his hands or feet as well as razor sharp teeth. The edges of his wings are also very sharp.

Defense - "Billy's" back can harden into black and green rock hard scales. The scales, like any other part of his body, can heal when damaged if given time. His underside will still be soft after this process though so he often rolls himself into a ball to protect his underside.
Note: by moving at high speeds and then rolling into a ball this hard outer shell can be used offensively as well.

When enraged "Billy" may choose to stand to his full height and adjust his bone structure to make it optimal for battle- the main change being the direction the knees on his hind legs bend.

Height: 3ft when standing on hind legs (max height 6ft from wing tip to bottom of feet, standing)
Eyes: Dark and cold.... like a doll's eyes.
Hair: None.
Scales: Translucent milky white with a blue and purple shimmer. (Black with a green shimmer when hardened)

I think I covered just about everything...
« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2010, 01:16 AM by MaxximumMATT »
What is there to live for in this world??? Kitties. Kitties are nice.

« Reply #53 on: Jan 13, 2010, 04:51 AM »
This would be cool to enter. I'll try and whip up some intro pages for a character and make this my entry into VOID I think, only because I have yet to actually submit a character here. I realize my character is more than likely going to die but oh well, I love making new characters anyway.

I was just wondering how many rounds do these usually last for?
Likely 5 or 6 rounds
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

« Reply #54 on: Jan 13, 2010, 10:45 AM »
Mister Kent, Dipuc

Name: Dipuc (de POOK'), aka the Angel of Hate, Demigod of Disgust, Lord of Loathing, Saint of STFU
Interests: Hate
Gear: knife-on-a-chain, barbed-wire halo, cowboy boots (the only thing in existence he seems to care for one iota)
Abilities: Hate (and also superhuman endurance and agility, flight, prehensile tongue, and FULL HATE MODE, featuring razorsharp teeth and nigh-uncontrollable raaaage)

Years ago in Void City, nerdy and lovelorn scientists discovered a golden strand of hair from the God of Love himself, Cupid. When the scientists tried to clone the chubby little cherub for their own purposes, they got Dipuc, the twisted supernatural murderer. Dipuc's only goal is to spread madness and animosity all across the universe.

« Reply #55 on: Jan 13, 2010, 11:44 AM »

Name: Z-Sabre User
Nationality: Brazilian

History: Like all Brazilians he has green skin and orange hair.  While training in the Amazon a dying rock god handed him the mystical Z Sabre and a mighty guitar.  Deciding to abandon being a comic artist, he enters SDT to prove he is the best.  When he wails on his electric guitar he electrocutes enemies.  He can slash and chop too.

« Reply #56 on: Jan 13, 2010, 11:50 AM »
I think we already have a winner!
By air

« Reply #57 on: Jan 13, 2010, 12:05 PM »
AHahahahaaa!!

« Reply #58 on: Jan 13, 2010, 12:06 PM »
garic, No Face Girl

« Reply #59 on: Jan 13, 2010, 02:06 PM »

He is a chinchilla that carries a human sized mace, and runs on pure, unadulturated rage.
« Last Edit: Jan 16, 2010, 12:21 PM by michaelharris »
your sig is too big! -the management

« Reply #60 on: Jan 13, 2010, 06:05 PM »
Agh!
« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2010, 11:29 AM by Fushigi »
What your looking at is my Sig... Yes.. I am dull....[/size][

« Reply #61 on: Jan 13, 2010, 06:59 PM »

Name: Z-Sabre User
Nationality: Brazilian

History: Like all Brazilians he has green skin and orange hair.  While training in the Amazon a dying rock god handed him the mystical Z Sabre and a mighty guitar.  Deciding to abandon being a comic artist, he enters SDT to prove he is the best.  When he wails on his electric guitar he electrocutes enemies.  He can slash and chop too.

HHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH YYYEEEEESSSS!!!! This is the greatest Void Character EVER!!!!

« Reply #62 on: Jan 13, 2010, 07:22 PM »
Fushigi, Baby Herman

William Franklyn Binkelton the Third, or Billy as he calls himself.  Extremely bad temper, horrendous New York accent, and a Swiss Army Rattle as a weapon.  When trying to appear innocent,  he has a cute look on his face, but when he doesn't care, he looks like a thirty year old man.

yeaop....

Try again.
Be nice Jack.

« Reply #63 on: Jan 14, 2010, 07:49 AM »
Yesterday, I was talking to my lady friend, and she was telling me about a new co worker. She said she was very pretty, but can't remember what she looked like because she didn't have any features that stood out to her. "It's like she has no face, you know what I mean?" My stomach sank, and I thought to myself, "...she's everywhere." /void horror story  :-[

I love the entries to SDT.

« Reply #64 on: Jan 14, 2010, 10:13 AM »
I would like to join the fun.

Clio

Clio Warburton is a low criminal in the streets of Void City.
Mostly she is busy with extortion and robbery in the streets.
While she is good at her job she´s not very liked in the her criminal environment.
A awful habit or maybe a mild schizophrenical feature causes her a urgent  wish to cut things into pieces and she doesn´t care about wheather this are material things or humans out of flesh. The flash off extreme aggressiveness is mostly stopped by pleasant events, like the victim´s wallet in her hand. But if you make her happy it should work.
Her "colleagues" are not rarely victims to her periods and to be honest, who wonders? The Gang is not known for its smartness. Otherwise its more of a wonder that she hasn´t got killed yet.
Wait...On the other hand she might be killed soon. One of the Gangs assholes registered her at the SDT. Yeah its a bunch of Motherfuckers.

« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2010, 02:49 AM by Yaz »

« Reply #65 on: Jan 14, 2010, 10:16 AM »
agressivity needs to be a word.

« Reply #66 on: Jan 14, 2010, 10:39 AM »
*shakes fist to monday* can you say something about the character too, mister awesome?

sometimes i hate to be german

« Reply #67 on: Jan 14, 2010, 11:01 AM »
I like the cutting habit, she seems like a well rounded character.

but perhaps play around with a few more versions and see if theres a more exciting design you want ?

She's not stellar... yet.

« Reply #68 on: Jan 14, 2010, 02:25 PM »
(post updated to pg 13)
« Last Edit: Jan 24, 2010, 06:24 PM by The One Dark Knight »

« Reply #69 on: Jan 14, 2010, 03:25 PM »
My rage filled animal is going to kick your rage filled animal's ass...

« Reply #70 on: Jan 14, 2010, 04:06 PM »
My rage filled Brazilian will slaughter you all.  
« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2010, 04:12 PM by William_Duel »

« Reply #71 on: Jan 14, 2010, 04:08 PM »
does he do gravity defying barrel rolls? If so, I give up already...

« Reply #72 on: Jan 14, 2010, 04:09 PM »
I was told he eats barrel rolls for breakfest
By air

« Reply #73 on: Jan 14, 2010, 04:11 PM »
COUGHtitanCOUGH

« Reply #74 on: Jan 14, 2010, 04:33 PM »
Straps:

I can do some intro pages too if I need to :). I can also cut the text out of the reference image if its bothersome as well, I just figured it'd be handy to put there (I can also change the font, I realize it may be a bit shitty haha, It just fit though imo).

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Mar 28, 2024, 07:15 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

439 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 504.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us