Post Apocalypse Jam

Post Apocalypse Jam
« on: Jan 04, 2010, 12:28 PM »
Because everyone likes post apocalyptic stuff, here's a jam idea from the suggestions thread. Draw your own interpretation of a post apocalyptic world, it can be in comic form, pinups, sketches, etc. It can be Void related or not, it's up to you! Although I'm sure it'd be awesome if someone did a whole crazy post apocalyptic Void comic.
Kittens wearins mittens

Re: Post Apocalypse Jam
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 10:07 PM »
hey gang, pixelman here.  well I'm posting this image so enjoy also this illustration was created in a 24x36 in paper that is why it took me a while but here it is also I used charcoal and pencil  enjoy...

« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 02:19 PM by pixelman84 »
I love you guys.....

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 10:35 PM »
Holyyyyy shit those depth fields are making my eyes melt.

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 10:41 PM »
I'm enamored with the chainsaw.

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 03:52 PM »
Holyyyyy shit those depth fields are making my eyes melt.

thanks, well it will be updated, I started when I got out of work (late) so just added the image and over time I'll be upgrading it and adding more and more characters, hmmmmm.  but I'll add more shadowing and more depth to the drawing.. again will update in the same post

oh and thanks for the uplifting thoughts, much appreciated.
I love you guys.....

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 07:30 AM »
My whole Pyko story line is post apocalyptic. I'm
Sure I'll post some of the void characters I'm gonna do
In my stories here before I put em in the stories.

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 09:14 AM »
Stop the drama please. Responding is as bad as starting it. If you need to continue then PM each other.

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 09:14 AM »
posts deleted.....play nice you chuckleheads and go piss in someone else's sandbox
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 09:17 AM »
Oh hahahaha, I was going to threaten to delete stuff but Wei doesn't fuck around, apparently.  8)

Play nice!!

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 10:52 AM »

The last survivor of the Entourage D'Arene, she wanders the wasteland searching for anyone who can help her feel alive again, be it on the battlefield, at the bar, or in bed.

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011, 02:35 PM »
update.... sorry for the wait...... it took me a while but finished, I used a 24x36 in paper with different size pencils and charcoal... hope you guys like it.. please post and or reply for critique or comment's.
I love you guys.....

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2011, 10:29 PM »
Pixelman cool stuff. Ur art reminds me off old school wood block
Prints. I see Pyko in there hes kinda freaking me out lol. Cool beans keep it up.

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2011, 08:22 PM »
Since my comment got deleted, and it actually HAD CRITIQUE IN IT... I'll just go ahead and post my critique again for you. And Wei, you're being just as childish as I am now. Stop it.

I like the whole scale of the picture, it's pretty ambitious. The problem I have is almost everything blends together, since everything is nearly the same line width. Right now, Your main depth cue I see is that stuff closer to the viewer is lower in the composition. There is a bit of overlapping, and while it makes sense in the back part of the image, when it comes to Slaughterface, it gets confusing. He's not overlapping the back part of the image at all, and there's some negative space in there between them. It flattens out Slaughterface. This is true of mostly everything at the bottom of the image. It just feels flat, and not like it belongs in the foreground.

Also, I do like that style of hatching, but with the lack of strong lines to begin with, and having some of the hatching have even stronger lines than the figures makes a lot of the image blend together, and the figures don't stand out as well.

I hope this helps you, and please note that I do enjoy where this is going, and I do enjoy your attitude/outlook on the whole thing :D

Pyras: Just to make sure... there's a giant hole in the head, right? That would kinda put damper on... well... everything, haha. Good work. I would suggest really work on beautiful flowing lines, as right now, a lot of them break up midway through a straight line for no apparent reason.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 11:15 AM by Qyzex »

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2011, 12:33 AM »
She can still see just fine despite that giant hole :) She never had traditional eyes in the first place.

I know what you mean by the lines, i'll try working harder on that, it's been something that comes out on its own when I draw quickly

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2011, 03:37 PM »
a year later..

n the wastelands of the post-apocalypse, Arena and Angela find kinship in both having lost everyone they loved. They travel together, protecting one another and preventing the insanity of loneliness from taking them over.

But no matter how long they travel, they always come back to Julia's grave at least once every several months, where Angela leaves flowers she's collected from her travels.

Arena has fallen for Angela, and longs for the night Angela will welcome her by her side. Until then, she promises to try and make Angela smile again.

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2011, 04:15 PM »
very awesome, thank you :D
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2011, 04:53 PM »

Things I should be doing: Commissions and homework
Things I'm doing: Getting distracted by awesome concepts and scenes from rps
Blurry, yes, but it won't be for long. Thanks for showing me this, Pyras. XD;
[Look ma, no bushy pigtails...probably more to come...with other people...damnit. Dx ]
Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Formerly destructivenix

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2011, 03:37 PM »
Colored version

Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2011, 04:16 PM »
are you guys adding gas to the fire i started with Pyko? awesome stuff people.

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2011, 05:15 PM »

As one of the few things immune to the terrible effects of the radioactive wasteland, that was once Void City, Girl must scavenge to survive in a world gone mad!

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2011, 05:32 PM »
That's so rad Jb. I really like her weapons and how the chain is
Wrapes around her arms. And the rust on em let's see more people.

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2011, 07:29 PM »
Was gonna color this, but I gave up.

Already having lost whatever sanity she had left after doomsday, She now 'rules' a huge fiery wasteland. Oh hey, what's that around her wrist?

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2011, 08:15 PM »
I've seen that symbol before!

...I choose to pretend I'm right. :)

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2011, 08:25 PM »
I've seen that symbol before!

...I choose to pretend I'm right. :)
What symbol where?
Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Formerly destructivenix

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2011, 09:42 AM »
Dammit! I wanted to be the first to post in this jam, and by the time I finished my thing there's all these awesome pics in front of me :D Glad to see people posting!

Admittedly, my composition's kinda "meh", but I got to practice my colors.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 22, 2024, 11:47 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

251 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 284.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us