The Post That Hurts The Most

Re: The Post That Hurts The Most
« Reply #125 on: Feb 05, 2015, 07:17 PM »
Thanks man! I appreciate it. I thinking it ultimately ended up looking kinda sharp, but I didn't get what i was intending setting out, which was more of a different style entirely.

She's supposed to be a Dwarven sniper. I started her around the time I did the first guy but didn't finish it until now, of course just as everyone suddenly has opinions on snipers after that dumb movie. But whatever.
« Last Edit: Feb 05, 2015, 07:19 PM by Kuro »

« Reply #126 on: Feb 12, 2015, 07:36 PM »
This week's. It's a Seismology survey robot.

And here's a bonus tuktuk for nuthin'

« Reply #127 on: Feb 13, 2015, 09:48 AM »
Dude, the level of detail and attention to perspective and proportion in your work just astounds me. Did you use guidelines to plan the perspective for that buggy, or did you just eyeball it? Because it looks perfect.

« Reply #128 on: Feb 13, 2015, 11:08 AM »
thanks dude!
with the tuktuk, it was part of a without/then with reference exercise (I took out the one i did prior from memory because it looked wretched). I don't really use reference all that often, but on account of the exercise, I tried to stick really close. I think the perspective was mostly a fluke though because the angles didn't seem nearly as severe in the original. thanks though!

« Reply #129 on: Feb 17, 2015, 04:45 AM »
The last few weeks have been my favorites--especially Kanjiroba, Epsilon, and Descar :D

« Reply #130 on: Feb 23, 2015, 12:28 PM »
Thanks dude! Those three, coincidentally, have been the 100% digital ones. And here's another.

I did a slightly larger flat version too because I thought it looked neat & wanted to show a little more of the detail.

« Reply #131 on: Feb 23, 2015, 04:17 PM »
yeah the flat one looks just as good too, your style works well either flat or with a more rendered look to it. Wicked character too by the way.

« Reply #132 on: Feb 24, 2015, 06:16 AM »
Yeah I think I might just do more stylistically flat stuff now that I can work digital & keep my line art super clean. Before, since a lot of times I was using straight pencils, the lines were just a little too muddy to get away with that sorta thing. Thanks very much!!

« Reply #133 on: Mar 02, 2015, 07:44 PM »
His face may seem a little familiar but sasquatch vs yeti. totally different, bruh

« Reply #134 on: Mar 02, 2015, 07:46 PM »
different ways of drawing different types of fur
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #135 on: Mar 17, 2015, 05:47 PM »
I fell a week behind. Mostly because of other things, some not so constructive, others very much so. anyway i'm not sweating it. here, here's a dumb punny sorta character:

« Reply #136 on: Mar 17, 2015, 06:00 PM »
Hahaa yess! Apocalyptus is such a badass.

« Reply #137 on: Mar 24, 2015, 07:09 AM »
Thanks dude!

Got a little further behind the eightball here as I suddenly had a freelance gig on top of my dayjob stuff that took a portion of my weekend. Anyway this is a character for a comic I'm actively working on (OOH HOW NOVEL!), not the webcomic but something else on the shorter side for now. I might throw it up as an artist BB or something if I get it done in a timely fashion.

« Reply #138 on: Apr 11, 2015, 10:36 AM »
Twofer for characters as I go back to working on my webcomic.

« Reply #139 on: Apr 11, 2015, 07:21 PM »
cosmomummy is a cool idea and the posture is fantastic but needs more aztec items maybe a bit more grit and dirt or stains on his space suit ....Miss Wu on the other hand is quite classy and I enjoy the overall body type and character-isms in her appearance(more beige in her stockings would pull in from brocade/cybernetics(I cant tell which) on her arms and hand and skin tones however)....maybe a little more contour in the tonework of the material of the dress to further accent her lovely curves
« Last Edit: Apr 11, 2015, 07:28 PM by Wei Ingnan »
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #140 on: Apr 13, 2015, 06:59 AM »
Thanks dude!

I was toying in the sketch with the mummy wearing more Incan style clothes over top of his space suit but figured it was a little awkward. Like Superman's external underwear. That & trying to keep the silhouette in the shape of the geoglyph. Probably could've given him some more jewelry though. Definitely hear you on the beige in the stockings. I had a little more & it seemed to desaturate when I tried adding texture. I should've went back but I was already spending way more time than I was looking to. Ultimately though I think the posing & the positioning of the arms are really what makes it fall flat on its face though. Would've helped with the curves & gotten the idea of the arms across better at the same time. I can see what you mean with contouring being part of it.

« Reply #141 on: May 25, 2015, 04:20 PM »
Hey. Remember that thing...?

Still going, albeit super-slowly.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 04:22 PM by Kuro »

« Reply #142 on: May 29, 2015, 03:06 AM »
you my good sir are one hell of a character artist,love that you're pushing out,...the way you color really gets my attention . good stuff

« Reply #143 on: Jun 06, 2015, 01:36 PM »
Thanks dude!

Here's an update as I've started coloring that page. I like how the effects turned out, but there's more to do yet.

« Reply #144 on: Jun 06, 2015, 06:03 PM »
You added a hat to him! Looks wicked!

« Reply #145 on: Jun 07, 2015, 07:12 AM »
Thanks. I just decided to pull that hood up last minute to make him seem a little more sketchy/mysterious. Like I don't know why I gave him one & had it off.

« Reply #146 on: Jul 05, 2015, 09:20 PM »
Just a lil' nature drawing

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 14, 2024, 09:08 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

137 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 144.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us