The Post That Hurts The Most

Re: The Post That Hurts The Most
« Reply #100 on: Aug 01, 2014, 05:20 AM »
Which of you punks listens to Superego? Better question: why don't all of you listen to Superego?

« Reply #101 on: Sep 10, 2014, 08:11 PM »
recolor since i lost the original hi-res.

and a work in progress

my dayjob's been taking up a good chunk of my time, & i just wrapped up a flatting gig to have my cintiq start giving me power issues. but hoping to do a character book by the end of the year & start this webcomic i've been threatening.

« Reply #102 on: Sep 10, 2014, 10:01 PM »
nice stuff overall,but that last one is a instant fav. !

« Reply #103 on: Sep 29, 2014, 03:31 AM »
Thanks, Stefan!

Since it's all been characters lately, here's a page from the webcomic I'm working on. 

Took a while but the thing that took the most time was trying to get the perspective right with it being a hill & redrawing the cars a couple of times. Don't intend to get this detailed with EVERY page, but settings are kind of important in this one so I'll spend time setting them up. Colors coming next.

« Reply #104 on: Sep 29, 2014, 05:56 AM »
That's awesome!!!
\'Ello...

« Reply #105 on: Sep 29, 2014, 04:39 PM »
thanks! I appreciate it.
pretty far along with flatting it but I'm a little unsure about the scale/proportions of the environment the more I look at it. tried flipping it, but fresh eyes could help. any suggestions?

« Reply #106 on: Sep 29, 2014, 04:55 PM »
Perspective looks good to me. That page is really gorgeous, Kuro! *u*

« Reply #107 on: Sep 29, 2014, 08:40 PM »
Oh my god Kuro, you're a crazy person! I think it's a little strange how head-on the foremost car is. Even if the car wasn't obviously at a slight angle to the viewer, it'd be an odd visual choice to show it so directly, because it stops the viewer from moving in and out of your scene. It becomes more of a resting spot than a lead-in.

Even so dude, it's an absolutely amazing illustration, and I hope you don't go back and mess with anything, because I can't imagine how long this has already taken you. When are you planning to start your webcomic?

« Reply #108 on: Sep 30, 2014, 04:28 AM »
thanks, that's super helpful & the kind of thing I was looking for. I just finished the flats last night & I think I know a couple of tweaks I could do to get it more askew without having to spend a lot of time redrawing. if it takes me more than 20 minutes, I'll revert back. I think the problem stemmed from needing a reference image for the angle & settling for something close & not tweaking it enough. but it makes perfect sense about the depth.  thanks!

EDIT: Oh & sorry. At the moment, I'm building up a buffer to a certain point in the story Im pretty certain is going to happen around pg 20. I'm hoping it'll start with the new year but I'm not making promises not fully aware of my work schedule ovrr the next three months.
« Last Edit: Sep 30, 2014, 04:33 PM by Kuro »

« Reply #109 on: Oct 01, 2014, 04:40 PM »
Some final tweaks are going to be needed but I'm pretty happy with where it is. But right now I need to move onto other pages.
« Last Edit: Oct 01, 2014, 04:42 PM by Kuro »

« Reply #110 on: Jan 04, 2015, 07:09 AM »
So I'm still working on my webcomic. Didn't reach my goal of being able to post it with the new year but I haven't stopped. At the same time, I was really bummed by not posting much last year so again, this year I'm attempting to do a character a week. Not much, but something to show for at least.

« Reply #111 on: Jan 05, 2015, 05:19 AM »
That coloured bit of webcomic is stunning!
Oh and the headless Warrior of course.
Are you trying to get a bank of pages up first so that it will be a regular update?

« Reply #112 on: Jan 05, 2015, 06:58 AM »
Thanks dude!! I did more to the colors on that, I think that was when it was about 90% done. Like it was bugging me how she wasn't casting a shadow & stuff.

Are you trying to get a bank of pages up first so that it will be a regular update?

Yeah, get a pretty heavy buffer going since I've got a dayjob, a bunch of shit going on, & well, frankly I take for-goddamn-ever. Also, part of me was thinking about dropping the first 10-15 pages in one big chunk too, just so there's something substantial to start reading too, either all at once or daily for that first stretch. But I wouldn't be counting that necessarily as part of the official buffer. But that depends on exactly how much I can get done between now & the arbitrary deadline I have set in my head.
« Last Edit: Jan 05, 2015, 07:01 AM by Kuro »

« Reply #113 on: Jan 05, 2015, 09:36 AM »
Interesting, I don't think you'd really need 15 pages to start out. I'm sure 3-4 would grab peoples attention, especially with that level of art. I guess it depends on your pages to story development ratio.

Then you could use those excess pages as a buffer. Just so it gets you started and you can get into that routine as soon as possible.

I feel that probably you actively doing it and it being out there would get more people reading it.

But then, what is your objective for the webcomic?
Is it for tonnes of people to see and love it, or just as a pet project, something for you to do, a way to keep you movtivated? Something else?

I am the most ill informed person to give advice though seeing as I have never done a webcomic, even though I'd love to. For both the reasons that it would be lovely to get tonnes of compliments for my work and people to enjoy it, (constructive criticism would be great too) and I'd want to sort of set myself that challenge and see if it ups my productivity.
I just have this constant fear/argument that the quality would suffer, vs. at least I'm creating something if I am working to a deadline, even if it isn't "perfect".

I'm really excited to see what you have to show though. Your art, and imagination with all these character creations is spectacular.

« Reply #114 on: Jan 06, 2015, 04:03 AM »
the 10-15 is less about needing 10-15 pages but rather reaching a certain point in the story. It's a good cliffhanger point, where things really start to jump off. besides I could post all of that & have it read as kind of a concise first chapter. since it's hinging on me vs time, i'm trying to pump a lot of quality into these sort of preroll pages, but after that it's about meeting deadlines. im hoping between working on these first & the buffer pages, I'll find a sweet spot. and the objective is of course world domination.

if you have any inkling of doing a webcomic, you should give it a go. you could always test the waters with a finit eshort story. go for it!
« Last Edit: Jan 06, 2015, 04:15 AM by Kuro »

« Reply #115 on: Jan 06, 2015, 01:03 PM »
Great colors on your headless knight dude!

« Reply #116 on: Jan 07, 2015, 10:07 AM »
Thanks man!

Speaking of buffers, I'm working on one for the characters too as I have a lot of work I want to get done this year. I never got around to officially posting that character in the robes with the halo I posted in the fall. so that might be my week 2 right now & the one I was working on originally might be week 3 then so I can give it a little extra bit of love.

« Reply #117 on: Jan 08, 2015, 06:44 AM »
Week 2. Here's this one I did in the fall finished.

Like I said, I never officially posted him & I'm still making tweaks & finishing the one I had been doing for this week originally.

« Reply #118 on: Jan 15, 2015, 12:28 PM »
And Week 3.

Still like the kernel of the idea I started this with but I fucked it up executing it in a few different regards. Ech.

« Reply #119 on: Jan 18, 2015, 11:57 AM »
You've been killing it with these character designs dude. Rad work :)

« Reply #120 on: Jan 21, 2015, 08:38 AM »
Thanks man!!
Here's a sneak peek at the next one before it goes up tomorrow

(Hope that link works. It's queued for tomorrow but not posted yet) This is the first one I've done 100% digitally. The line weight got kind of chunky in places but I'm pretty okay with it ultimately.
« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2015, 06:46 AM by Kuro »

« Reply #121 on: Jan 23, 2015, 06:52 PM »
Loving the kind of sci-fi/fantasy blend going on here. Also I enjoy the colours you chose for him too.

« Reply #122 on: Jan 23, 2015, 06:56 PM »
I haven't had the chance to tell you this Kuro but man I am totally loving your character designs, week 2 being my personal fave! Can't wait to see some more in the future

« Reply #123 on: Jan 24, 2015, 06:36 PM »
Thanks guy! Yeah with the colors, my goal is to kind of try somethings a little out of my comfort zone.

This weekend, I'm looking to get a couple done so I can spend next weekend exclusively on that other thing I've got going... But again, here's a sneak peek for next week.

Name & color scheme might change some. Not entirely sure. She's supposed to be an alien superhero diva type. More details once she's posted for real Thursday (which I'm doing only because Jan 1st fell on a thursday, but mid week? eh I dunno). After that, 1 month down, 12 to go.
« Last Edit: Jan 29, 2015, 06:45 AM by Kuro »

« Reply #124 on: Jan 24, 2015, 11:23 PM »
I dig it. The gold accents on the suit are cool, as well as the subtle asymmetry with only having her right (our left) shoulder with it.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Today at 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

152 Guests, 2 Users

Most Online Today: 181.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us