The Post That Hurts The Most

Re: The Post That Hurts The Most
« Reply #25 on: Feb 01, 2010, 08:05 PM »
Man, that Supertron one almost brought a tear to my eye

« Reply #26 on: Jun 05, 2010, 07:41 AM »
So like, my scanner broke something fierce. I got a new fancypants a3 one & it works pretty well. I'll have comics soon but I started the daily sketches at my blog again.

And not part of the dailies, but some of you might recognize this:

More soon

« Reply #27 on: Jun 08, 2010, 02:49 PM »
Goddamn these are beast.

« Reply #28 on: Jun 08, 2010, 05:00 PM »
Hey man thanks a lot!

More of the mech pilot chick:

« Reply #29 on: Jun 11, 2010, 10:06 AM »
These are great!

On 2010.01.19, is that Neil deGrasse Tyson? He is my hero, and our only hope to stop Apophis in 2029.

You should draw more real people like that. The challenge is they don't wear all the cool sci-fi stuff, so you'd see if you can convey their personalities with just body language, expression, and regular old men's wear house suits.

« Reply #30 on: Jun 11, 2010, 10:35 AM »
I thought Apophis stopped being a concern...

Anyways I really like the mech chick.  In some way she kinda reminds me of Akira from Rival Schools.  The short hair and tight suit probably.  And I guess if they ever make a Snow Crash movie, you would be the guy to go to for character designs.

« Reply #31 on: Jun 11, 2010, 11:05 AM »

You must be thinking of Nibiru. But I digress. ;D

« Reply #32 on: Jun 11, 2010, 03:01 PM »
On 2010.01.19, is that Neil deGrasse Tyson?

You're damn right it is! That night, at the last minute, I found how he was going to be talking at a school sorta nearby, & Colbert was kind of interviewing him, & it was free. So I went & got to meet Dr. Tyson. He's just as awesome in person. At the end of the night, he walked away with the original sketch. Thanks dude! I think if I draw any other science men of action, Michio Kaku'd be next.

You go right on thinking that...

In some way she kinda reminds me of Akira from Rival Schools.  The short hair and tight suit probably.

I guess she's that kind of shape. I was going for a shaggier version of the April O'Neil hair though. And wasn't Akira like semi-mute or whatever? Kinda like Rei from NGE? I've been drawing her way too calm, because in reality, she's supposed to be more like Patton; intense & super cocky (for good reason). It's something I gotta show as I develop her more. Thanks, man

here's today's:

Tintin & Snowy

« Reply #33 on: Sep 14, 2010, 08:47 AM »
Probably not going to be posting as daily but I'm getting my blog going again. Semidaily.

CHECK IT OUT!

« Reply #34 on: Sep 21, 2010, 01:57 PM »

some akira shizzz i wasted too much time on
« Last Edit: Sep 21, 2010, 01:59 PM by Kuro »

« Reply #35 on: Sep 21, 2010, 05:44 PM »
truly amazing guts.

« Reply #36 on: Sep 21, 2010, 05:53 PM »
Thanks a lot, Squid!

« Reply #37 on: Sep 21, 2010, 07:18 PM »
Yeah that is a pretty sick picture. I can't help but maybe say with some shading it'd look ten times awesomer, but man the guts probably took forever haha.

Cool stuff man.

« Reply #38 on: Sep 22, 2010, 07:37 AM »
Thanks, dude.
I was only intending on doing kaneda originally. Things got way out of hand as it was, & I wasn't looking to spend any more time on it. The blobby bits were colored in a cop out way anyway. Once I had the color blocked out, I duplicated the layer as multiply a couple times & erased certain bits on certain layers. Easy way to get the variation, but kind of a bitch to go back & shade over top of.

« Reply #39 on: Sep 22, 2010, 05:26 PM »
Dude, I love the Akira drawing. BEWARE OF SLIDING WALL OF ORGANS.
- I yearn for redemption, but I'll settle for a breakfast sandwich.

« Reply #40 on: Sep 23, 2010, 07:06 PM »
Yes!! Thanks, guy.

Jho's Gonna Kill Me
« Reply #41 on: Nov 11, 2010, 06:15 PM »
Doing the 30Characters challenge with the likes of Zsa, Fetus Man, BeardedMenace, Mr. Kent, & Alberto311. Fell a little behind, but here's what I've got so far. I know there's no pose & angle variance going on. Jho'll no doubt point that out soon enough. The plan is to combine them all into one big image when I'm done though. Some of them are red pencil now too. As time goes by, they might end up in color, if I can back on track again & decide to go back.

« Reply #42 on: Nov 12, 2010, 03:25 AM »
Awesome dude, such a variety going on here : O!!

« Reply #43 on: Nov 24, 2010, 09:00 AM »
Thanks Orange. I fell a bit behind but I'm slowly catching up.

« Reply #44 on: Nov 24, 2010, 09:27 AM »
Hey man, you've really been tearing it up on those designs as of late!  I'm still stuck on #10 unfortunately.  But to be honest the turnout for the competition hasn't gotten me fired up about it.  The best designs i've seen are from you and fellow voiders though.  You think you can make it all the way to 30? I'm probably gonna have to resort to portrait shots at this point.

« Reply #45 on: Nov 26, 2010, 08:59 AM »
Thanks, man! Yeah things kind of dropped off there. They encourage everyone to be really positive but it's hard to maintain that when you got people doing things in mspaint or covering their stuff in lens flares. There are a few people who's stuff I'm digging, but they kind of post irregularly & probably not making the full thirty. Others I'm finding are either well rendered or well thought out, but not so much both. From the start though, I was interested in doing it for the exercise itself. I'm gunning for the full 30, but I think I'm probably going to fall short. Only because I don't want to do shitty characters. I mean could probably bust out 14 generic superheroes in a day & be done with it, but I'd like to think I'm capable of better work than that.
« Last Edit: Nov 26, 2010, 09:04 AM by Kuro »

« Reply #46 on: Nov 26, 2010, 12:06 PM »
Goshdarnit, dude, your designs are creative and amazing! I think my favorites are the radioactive (?) monkey astronaut and the tribal girl riding a rhino. I can't wait to see more !

« Reply #47 on: Dec 01, 2010, 10:36 AM »
Thanks, Theo! Those were my faves too. Plus Day 29, which will be added below.

So I was really far behind & time was running out so I did like 14 in a matter of two days & finished the challenge. Pardon the flood:

It was fun. I knew I wasn't going to run short of ideas, but just time to draw because I'm so painfully slow. Wish I could've spent more time on some of them towards the end there, but I'm pretty happy with them quality wise. I'm looking to slowly start cleaning & coloring these up for a group shot, but my priority right now is to find a new place to live. So that first...

« Reply #48 on: Dec 01, 2010, 10:41 AM »
rexquire is just about the coolest thing ever.

props for getting it all done, man!

« Reply #49 on: Dec 01, 2010, 12:21 PM »
Day 29 is made of pure win
- I yearn for redemption, but I'll settle for a breakfast sandwich.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

532 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 643.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us