Darwings and Sturf :)

Darwings and Sturf :)
« on: Sep 06, 2009, 08:07 PM »
Did an image as a trade for some textpattern training

for a blog I am sketching around with, gonna do some chara design and stuff for a book so I picked one of my favs

Very quick line up of some characters for some comic pages I am drawing for fun

And a couple of characters just for giggles :)
Ol country boy

Parking attendant
"Fuck off stpl. You're no friend you're just a backstabbing leech, and I always knew it "
-------

Re: Darwings and Sturf :)
« Reply #1 on: Sep 06, 2009, 11:57 PM »
always a delight to see stuff from you, wish you won zuda too.

the ender's game stuff looks cool, though i'd love to see more than just the battle training illustrated, people always seem to flock to that. the traffic cop looks like you went a bit overboard with the wacky proportions, haha, maybe tone it down a bit.

can't wait to see your next project!

« Reply #2 on: Sep 14, 2009, 11:21 PM »
haha yeah I was specifically trying to push the proportions a bunch but perhaps I wandered to far :) As for the enders game I am doing a blog (that is wicked stalled at the moment) with some people from back int he school days and me and kate came up with the idea of doing characters based on a book so there will be some more designs done for that jam :) As for the next project I am finishing up a zuda thang which will hopefully net me another 500 bones and a chance at more so hopefully that will work out :)

and now more art sturf :)
I am a fan of the Phoenix Wright games in a big way so it was inevitable that it would make it's way into my drawings at some point :)

and a image of the process on the image :)

"Fuck off stpl. You're no friend you're just a backstabbing leech, and I always knew it "
-------

« Reply #3 on: Sep 15, 2009, 02:49 AM »
You show high quality in here, kodus, I like the clean shading and colouring. The last picture works good, even without outlines and thank you for showing your working process, that's quite interesting!

I have only two small notaitions:

First, the point where her neck and chin are crossing with some space of brown outline is a bit 'close' you only recognize at the second view, that it's a part of the outline. Maybe you can mace her neck a bit thicker (I think that would fit also better in her anatomy).

Second is her left (from the viewer) eye. I think it doesn't fit with her face shape and maybe it's a bit to low.

If you could correct those small mistakes I think that would upgrade your picture even more.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

541 Guests, 2 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 643.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us