New Year, New Beginning!! :P

« on: Sep 05, 2009, 07:24 AM »

This is not as finished as it will  (possibly) be (depending if I feel like it).

I kinda should get started now on the battle with JAZ, so in the meantime - do your worst (or not, to stroke my self esteem).
« Last Edit: Jan 02, 2011, 02:31 PM by Fern »

Re: Fern's stuffs.
« Reply #1 on: Sep 05, 2009, 08:53 AM »
I don't see a reason to smash you into the ground. This looks like you tried :) Of course I'm interested in what's going on, if you'd like to think your style is demonstrated here, I like it. It's cool. I like her hair and the wobbly buildings, and I'm sure a lot of fun things could come from that dark black figure. It seems like you know what you're going for IMO, what are you going for? It seems you know what to do in order to invent whatever you want in your style :)

« Reply #2 on: Sep 05, 2009, 08:59 AM »
She isn't in the picture.  While her form is good and I cant see anything wrong anatomy wise (her knees might be a little thick), she's sitting on air.  The sidewalk is too angled for her to sit on it the way she is.  I don't know if the wobbly buildings work for me.  Wobbly stylized buildings can be done and done well bit in this case the middle building it particularly glaring since it just looks like it's leaning on the building next to it.  It's a good effort though and the colors are nice.

« Reply #3 on: Oct 25, 2009, 07:21 AM »

unfinished (teh background!)

i want to do the comic im drawing now in this style... y/n? any comments?

xF

« Reply #4 on: Oct 25, 2009, 07:48 AM »
there's something a little awkward about the way the shoulders are spun around but the knee is bent. the weight seems a little off in that pose. beyond that, it's a little stiff as well. the shading's nice though.

« Reply #5 on: Oct 31, 2009, 01:39 AM »
Yes! I like this style! Ditto on what Kuro said, there is something a little awkward with the posing and the feet seem a bit big but that's probably a style thing. Otherwise I like where this picture is going!

« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2010, 03:39 PM »
a selfportrait plus a sketch of lophii done as a sort of warmup. I wasn't drawing much for aaaaages!!

(quite like the look on the right one)

« Reply #7 on: Feb 01, 2010, 07:04 PM »

This is not as finished as it will  (possibly) be (depending if I feel like it).

I kinda should get started now on the battle with JAZ, so in the meantime - do your worst (or not, to stroke my self esteem).

Heheheh, I'm sorry, I laughed so hard after taking 2 minutes to figure out who she looked like in that pic!

Overal though, you have a nice inking technique. XP

« Reply #8 on: Feb 02, 2010, 04:28 AM »
 :D

« Reply #9 on: Mar 01, 2010, 07:43 AM »

Might color it later.

« Reply #10 on: Mar 01, 2010, 11:35 AM »
Please do! The kids/raft are getting a little lost in the water, some colors would definitely make it pop.

« Reply #11 on: Jan 02, 2011, 02:06 PM »
I decided to draw and post (sometimes here, but mainly on the new bloggyness--> http://fernmoon.wordpress.com - it's not exactly brilliant looking yet, but I'll work on that later) at least one, even small/quick drawing, doodle, SOMETHING a day. I know this will end up being 3 drawings a week at some point, but the higher I aim the higher I will hopefully get :P Here is what I did so far (bear in mind it's 2nd of January and this is my sorta new year's resolution - I've never had one before. Ho.)

This is a character from a story I have been thinking about doing lately. It will be truly epic and fabulous, but so far I only have a rough idea. A bit of experimenting with the brushes Angie pointed me to  :-* They are truly fabulous.

First drawing of Lophii of the year! I know the head's too big and hands are wonky... But I think colours came out lovely for a change. I seem to have problems with colour choices, I always hate the final effect, and here... I like it!

« Reply #12 on: Jan 02, 2011, 02:13 PM »
:) Good to see you back at it gal.

I like the colors that you have. Regardless if they weren't what you are looking for they have a nice subdued tone.

Hope to see more in the future. Keep it up!

New Summer New beinning?
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2011, 01:56 PM »

yh... I might actually not vanish this time. Fingers crossed.

This is sort of inspired by one of Neil Gaiman's Fragile Things.

Re: New Year, New Beginning!! :P
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2011, 02:24 PM »
Yay :)

I got an idea for a match later with arena, lophii and others that is like a 'girls night out' sorta thing~

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

299 Guests, 2 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us