Awards!

Awards!
« on: Apr 13, 2009, 05:51 PM »
We've been toiling away for awhile on new things for VOID.  One of those things has just been released - Awards.  Think PS3 Trophies, Xbox Achievements or whatever other conceptually similarly collectible system, only for us now too!

Images are forthcoming, with 16 Awards currently in place.  More can, and likely will, be added later.  Suggestions are being taken for new Awards, but are strictly based on actions, earnings, and performances of Artists, not Characters.

See 'em in action:
http://entervoid.com/profile.php?id=1018
http://entervoid.com/profile.php?id=297

Other fun things are on the way as well.
« Last Edit: Apr 14, 2009, 05:19 AM by Kevin Birtcher »
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

Re: Awards!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 13, 2009, 06:21 PM »
Glad to see they're live now! The only thing I noticed was I don't have Veteran and Angie's been on Void for more than 2 years with more than 5 comics. Can't wait for the rest of the images to be completed
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #2 on: Apr 13, 2009, 06:40 PM »
I can't see any awards anywhere. I'm on whatever Internet Explorer gives you a bunch of tabs in the one window.

I'll take my Youngest Voider Ever award now :3

« Reply #3 on: Apr 13, 2009, 07:01 PM »
Yeah, I can't see any awards either. I use Google Chrome.

« Reply #4 on: Apr 13, 2009, 07:02 PM »
Use Firefox and all your problems will be solved.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #5 on: Apr 13, 2009, 07:24 PM »
I can't see any awards anywhere. I'm on whatever Internet Explorer gives you a bunch of tabs in the one window.
Yeah, I can't see any awards either. I use Google Chrome.

These have been tested in Firefox 3, IE 8, IE 7, Opera 9.6, Safari 3.2, and Chrome

fixed IE 7 issue.
« Last Edit: Apr 13, 2009, 08:35 PM by Kevin Birtcher »
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

« Reply #6 on: Apr 13, 2009, 08:16 PM »
Yay, thanks Toast!

« Reply #7 on: Apr 14, 2009, 04:16 AM »
Links didn't work, but I found the awards (got 404ed by the links above). Maybe have an award for comments? Or... is that something you're trying to avoid for fear of people commenting too much (Which I don't see as much of a problem here honestly)?
;-)

« Reply #8 on: Apr 14, 2009, 04:52 AM »
Links didn't work, but I found the awards (got 404ed by the links above). Maybe have an award for comments? Or... is that something you're trying to avoid for fear of people commenting too much (Which I don't see as much of a problem here honestly)?
I've got 404 too, and I'm using Firefox  :'(

Commenting too much would be a problem if ALL of them were "Cool stuff"

« Reply #9 on: Apr 14, 2009, 05:27 AM »
links in first post updated

« Reply #10 on: Apr 14, 2009, 05:56 AM »
Ok, it's working perfectly now :) I'm guessing we'll have some cool avatars with those awards soon :)

« Reply #11 on: Apr 14, 2009, 08:27 AM »
Well, we did propose a commenting award earlier on but decided that it could be too easily abused. You could potentially get the award by making 500 1 word posts.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #12 on: Apr 14, 2009, 10:37 AM »
Well, we did propose a commenting award earlier on but decided that it could be too easily abused. You could potentially get the award by making 500 1 word posts.

hahaha yeah. i was going to say, i like this whole idea so long as it doesn't lead to things like that. like the goddamn trophy levels in little big planet haha. but this is cool.

good work you guys.

« Reply #13 on: Apr 14, 2009, 11:19 AM »
Nice work Kev, excellent way of making Voiders feel that little bit more appreciated.

« Reply #14 on: Apr 14, 2009, 01:05 PM »
I'm all for this idea! Makes us comic artists feel nice and speshul.
Will there also be awards for special matches like SDT tournament champion, Battle Royale, Armageddon etc?

Perhaps since we also had that Best of 2008 line up, maybe have end of the year awards that are geared towards categories like best beyond battle, best comedy match, etc?

« Reply #15 on: Apr 14, 2009, 01:13 PM »
I'm pretty sure awards for SDT/Battle Royale/Arma and such are in the works. I do remember suggesting them.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #16 on: Apr 14, 2009, 02:22 PM »
So what are the awards so far? Got a list of them somewhere?
;-)

« Reply #17 on: Apr 14, 2009, 02:33 PM »
Avid Voter - Vote on 200 comics
Long Haul - Complete over 50 comics
The Creator - Make 5 characters and battle 5 times with each
The Butcher - Win 5 Scar Matches -to my knowledge, no one has this one yet
The Grim Reaper - Win 5 Death Matches
Hot Streak - Win 5 matches in a row
Perfect 10 - Win 10 matches in a row
Storyteller - Complete 5 solo comics, earning B rank or better -to my knowledge, no one has this one yet
Bronze - Complete 5 matches, earning C rank or better
Silver - Complete 5 matches, earning B rank or better
Gold - Complete 5 matches, earning A rank or better
Platinum - Complete at least one comic with an MG rank

more are coming, but those are the ones that are live

Toasto edit:
Welcome Wagon - Compete against 5 new members
Veteran - Have a character for 2 years and complete at least 5 comics
Old School - Have a character for 4 years and complete at least 10 comics
« Last Edit: Apr 14, 2009, 03:07 PM by Kevin Birtcher »
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #18 on: Apr 14, 2009, 03:09 PM »
Added three more to Angie's list.  More is planned for these, but I can't give a go-live date for features like comparing against other artists and some of the other stuff that's planned.

FYI - Some slight issues exist for Vet and Old School, but those should all go away in May

Personally, I'm going to now shoot for Avid Voter

« Reply #19 on: Apr 14, 2009, 03:19 PM »
seems that Avid Voter is the easiest one, becuase I have it XD

« Reply #20 on: Apr 14, 2009, 03:20 PM »
So how long am I going to be the only person with Creator?

Also, Do SDT fights count for Welcome Wagon?

Also, how about an achievement for being in a lot of events?

« Reply #21 on: Apr 14, 2009, 03:20 PM »
FYI - Some slight issues exist for Vet and Old School, but those should all go away in May
Oh good, that's when I get them.

Still waiting on that "youngest voider" award :'3

« Reply #22 on: Apr 14, 2009, 03:35 PM »

FOREVERRRRR! I think the only people that had close to the amount of characters you have are inactive now.

I'm probably going to be the only one with Storyteller when I get it for a long time haha
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #23 on: Apr 14, 2009, 03:38 PM »
Says you! Just you wait until I get some time on my hands!

« Reply #24 on: Apr 14, 2009, 03:39 PM »
Until Jar and Caanan come back and don't default.......................................... .........................

................................................. ...............................it'll prolly be awhile

Also, Do SDT fights count for Welcome Wagon?
Welcome Wagon should probably be explained a bit better.  If two newbies go against each other, neither gets the 'point' for battling a new member.  One of the artists will need to have completed at least one match while the other can't have completed any yet for it to count as competing against a new member.

Also, how about an achievement for being in a lot of events?
Event Whore?  Kidding... though this is under consideration

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 14, 2024, 09:08 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

138 Guests, 2 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 176.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us