BornLoser (NSFW)

Re: Bo's art (NOW WITH EXTRA HITLER)
« Reply #75 on: Apr 29, 2010, 05:04 PM »
Inbetween my endless sketching I made myself some time to practice more faces. Eyes this time... And accidentaly afew noses came with them =P
Its kinda tricky getting the eyes to look three dimensional on a head turned to the side more than a 3/4 view.

« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2010, 02:04 AM »
Starting with some photo referenced arms.

And then some more high contrasty stuff.

« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2010, 03:47 AM »
very neat! the photo ref stuff looks fantastic. the kid on the tree's left leg is looking a little short, and the kid in the foreground looks a bit pixelated.

also, as a rule of thumb, crop either at the waist or mid-thigh for a medium shot, below the knees/above the ankles is an awkward place to do it.

« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2010, 09:18 AM »
the kid in the foreground looks a bit pixelated.
Ah yes, the wonders of not zooming in while working with thin lines :P I should try avoiding that.

« Reply #79 on: May 19, 2010, 08:31 PM »
Its here, everybody draw muhammed day!

« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2010, 07:39 PM »

Sir Christopher Monckton. Climate change denialist and retard.

And some arms. Should think I had enough practice with those... NEVER!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 07:53 PM by BornLoser »

« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2010, 12:00 PM »
Since Ive been drawing some muscular women it was only a matter of time before other people who like that stuff did requests for it. Heres DC's Raven from Teen Titans. I dont like the show or the character but I like to please what few fans I got :P

And yeah. I did those legs as ripped as I could just for the heck of it :P

« Reply #82 on: May 27, 2010, 01:58 PM »
those legs don't looked "ripped" so much as "made out of spaghetti."

« Reply #83 on: May 27, 2010, 03:41 PM »
But the legs you linked too aint that ripped really, they are just beefy. especially the second pair.
And while yeah, I wanted em to look kinda rediculous, I have seen bodybuilders with legs that ripped up (ofcourse, black lines makes everything a tad more harsh looking.)

« Reply #84 on: May 27, 2010, 04:35 PM »
lose the hard edges and see how that looks. the point is that i've never seen anyone with legs that look remotely close to that. unless your muscles are made of industrial cables or something, you're not gonna look like that.

« Reply #85 on: May 28, 2010, 03:56 AM »
Yeah pretty much.

« Reply #86 on: Jun 19, 2010, 11:56 AM »

Yeah the hand sucks, dont mention it, I'll have to practice hands, I know :P

« Reply #87 on: Jun 22, 2010, 03:05 AM »
She's got pretty broad shoulders for a lady, I think the rule of thumb is shoulders should match the hips?

The hatching looks pretty cool, although it looks like you used a finer quality on the face versus the rest of her. Try applying that same level to the rest of the piece and see how you like it.

« Reply #88 on: Jun 22, 2010, 05:17 AM »
Based on a real person (but no specific photo or anything) and the proportions are quite correct. Hell even if it was just a random character, you know I dont like following the stereotypes ;)

I agree about the hatching.

« Reply #89 on: Jun 30, 2010, 07:23 PM »
Trying something new.

« Reply #90 on: Jul 04, 2010, 11:38 PM »
Two quickie photo studies I did while my internet was acting up.

« Reply #91 on: Apr 25, 2011, 08:59 PM »
Making a grand return!

And heres a doodle based on a photo of a young Vincent price.
« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2011, 09:01 PM by BornLoser »

« Reply #92 on: May 10, 2011, 10:59 AM »
Grand return my ass! you threw like three or four little photos in here while I know you do a million scrap drawings of legs and women and stuff a day lol :3

But anyway. In terms of anatomy I have nothing to say since really you're probably the person that got ME into anatomy and stock and stuff, and I know you're working at it always. If I had to put forward my main concerns it's that yes I suppose the figures sometimes look a little stiff, but I think it's gotten waaay better over time, it used to be straight up mannequin territory if you ask me. Now you have people bending and stuff, I like seeing that, like in your top picture of Casca there. But I won't complain about stiffness this whole time, you know sports or dynamic stock would be great to work from so take a break from the muscle women sometime and get to that! You own that muybridge book don't you? You could use that! lol

In terms of other crap I'd like to see from you, it's kinda hard to put into words. But it's very rare that I see not-so-structured practices from you. You've voiced how you have trouble coming up with ideas and then the motivation, I feel like you bite off more than you can chew. You're a detail whore! Which is nice, but you've said yourself you wanna simplify your stuff so you can draw at an easier pace and get some comics done or whatever. You know what I'm thinking of asking of you? I want you to "Macchan's Diary" this bitch up. Not saying to do crappy, non-funny 4 koma strips about children or anything, but do something comic related, even if the effort level is lower than what you want. I say start somewhere low and work up from there, if you feel like your attention to detail is robbing your motivation.

I think it's safe to say you've got the idea of drawing from stock and reference down pat. This is a comic site, you're the one who brought ME here, and you always talk about wanting to do comics. There's got to be some way to break down the barrier between whatever's making it seem so difficult to do comics in the first place.

« Reply #93 on: May 16, 2011, 04:39 AM »
Thanks. Heres some backgrounds mostly. I just got my a3 scanner to work for the first time in almost ever so Ive scanned a bunch of things from the last year or so, this is some of it worth showing, the ones with watercolor are done in the last few days.

The watercolors got a bit brighter when scanned. No worries about the darks since I could just level those, but a few of the finer edges of bright shades, especially in the first one dissapeared a bit. Oh well, no biggie.

Re: BornLoser (NSFW)
« Reply #94 on: Jul 05, 2012, 11:23 PM »
I'm back, and this time... It's personal.

Some friends talked me into returning to the site. Let's see if there's anything interesting going on.

Re: BornLoser (NSFW)
« Reply #95 on: Jul 06, 2012, 05:21 AM »
There is EVERYTHING interesting going on! Welcome back!

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

298 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us