BornLoser (NSFW)

Re: Bo's art (NOW WITH EXTRA HITLER)
« Reply #50 on: Sep 17, 2009, 12:16 PM »
Wow you're really working hard Bo! Don't forget to paint some hard edges too both paintings look kinda blurry. Use sharpness vs. blurriness to establish focal points. 
No pain no gain

« Reply #51 on: Sep 17, 2009, 07:40 PM »
yeah on the first one I kinda did afew sharper bits, but on the second one I got a little lazy and never zoomed in or changed the brush size at all. Ill be trying more stuff in the future ones.

« Reply #52 on: Sep 18, 2009, 04:19 PM »

Made another one of these tests and this time tried to make the face as realistic as possible. Sure it clashes with the body in terms of quality. But I just wanted to see how well I could do it.

Based on a stock photo by Felixdeon.deviantart.com

« Reply #53 on: Sep 21, 2009, 01:09 PM »
My god, it's beautiful.

« Reply #54 on: Oct 26, 2009, 04:27 PM »
Just trying out watercolors.

« Reply #55 on: Oct 28, 2009, 03:10 PM »
Two more. First one is half a year old. The other one if from today.

Abit of a water overdose on this last one :P

« Reply #56 on: Oct 29, 2009, 04:41 PM »
Trying to cut down on the use of orange in these watercolor tests. =P

« Reply #57 on: Dec 25, 2009, 11:59 AM »
TheTimeDevourer dared me to make the good the bad and the ugly in a cute animu style. I think I kinda failed but I'm still happy with the results (infact, happier than I'd have been if I succeeded =P )

« Reply #58 on: Dec 25, 2009, 03:21 PM »
Haha, looks good to me, dude! The eyes are a little creepy (I think it's the small pupils), but otherwise very neat.

« Reply #59 on: Dec 29, 2009, 07:30 AM »
ahah sweet!
I'd totally read a manga version of it, with speed lines for gun drawing and all that shit.

Nice watercolors too! Plan to implement that in your battles?
By air

« Reply #60 on: Jan 06, 2010, 01:20 AM »
Nice watercolors too! Plan to implement that in your battles?

Its definately possible. I still need to practice some more with it tho.

« Reply #61 on: Feb 27, 2010, 07:49 AM »
HEY KIDS!
Trying to improve drawing women from imagination while still not having em all look the same (I hate artists who only draw a single face for women... and there are plenty of those.)

Also trying to practice with color choises. I suck at picking colors but I think they turned out alright on these (these are actually portrait 2-5. the first one looked both too butch and had crappy colors.)

« Reply #62 on: Feb 27, 2010, 02:41 PM »
Not sure how much you succeeded in making them all with different faces. they all have very similar head shape and facial features. If you're drawing from imagination first, exaggerate and build your range. Big eyes vs tiny eyes, pointy sharp noses vs fat bulbous noses vs tiny noses, big fat faces vs super skinny faces, etc. And then you can go further with aging and imperfections like scars, freckles, moles, and others.

If you need to do more reference, don't be afraid to draw from life or photos. Just start opening magazines or going through the internet and draw as many faces as you can.

Hope this helps!

« Reply #63 on: Feb 28, 2010, 03:45 AM »
Yeah this was just a start. I notice I tend to draw pretty flat noses. Gotta get some veriation into noses for sure.
And drawing from photos is something I already do. I just dont post it.

« Reply #64 on: Mar 01, 2010, 05:27 AM »
Ok some lip practice, eyes and noses to come soon. (then at the end ill practice getting the actual shape of the face more varied.)

My practice is serious business ;P

« Reply #65 on: Mar 01, 2010, 06:41 AM »
Oooo, the right bottom one looks fab.  :D

I have problem with same thing I suppose but more like with other sex ;) good stuff man :)

« Reply #66 on: Mar 01, 2010, 11:34 AM »
very cool! that is some good variation!

see if you can draw them from some different angles now, just so you get a feel for them in 3D. 3/4 view can be difficult for lips, so why not give it a shot?

« Reply #67 on: Mar 02, 2010, 11:14 PM »
Thanks, yeah Im definately gonna do a few more pages of lips. And noses and the rest of the stuff. I really wanna get some good variation down... Speaking of variation from the norm...

A woman... WITH MUSCLES!? The world is surely coming to an end!

« Reply #68 on: Mar 06, 2010, 08:22 AM »
Damn, that woman looks like she could eat me for breakfast. Excellent work!

« Reply #69 on: Mar 08, 2010, 09:25 PM »
Just trying out some digital painting.

« Reply #70 on: Mar 09, 2010, 08:08 PM »
I gotta practice drawing eyes more before I ever draw/paint another face :P .
Anyways, some more color practice. Using a new computer now so I could work at a bit higher ressulotion.

« Reply #71 on: Apr 25, 2010, 10:23 PM »
Ok so its abit silly how inactive Ive been lately, but thats mostly been cause Im drawing more traditionaly lately and I got no working scanner. Anyways have a few recent practice things that Ive done to try to improve my faces.

5 profiles of women, trying not to rely on cliches too much and also make em varied. (I really disslike the middle one, the rest turned out ok)

And here are some photo referenced stuff.

Ive also been studying anatomy and muscles from both books and photos.
Have some legs referenced from female sprinter Wendy Jeal... They look about ready to explode =P

edit: I guess I could show some real art too :P

and some sketches I did trying to make some postapocalyptic looking  dewds. The first two looked way too madmax/fist of the northstar.

« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2010, 10:28 PM by BornLoser »

« Reply #72 on: Apr 26, 2010, 01:05 AM »
The profile faces might be a little over-stylized, I think toning down the exaggeration a bit would do wonders. Also, I had no idea how unattractive big noses could be. Maybe that's why it never worked out with that cute Jewish girl...

The photo reference stuff looks fantastic, especially the faces at the beginning and Jeal's legs. Although, if you hate drawing feet, that's usually a good sign you need to draw more of them.

Your characters at the end look really, really stiff. It's fine for the guys standing up-right in neutral poses, but for the guy who's been shot and the two dudes at the bottom, it looks almost unnatural for them to be posing that way. I recommend doing some gestures of athletes in motion for getting the range of the human body down, then gestures of people in a public place to get the natural posture down, both sitting and standing. Most important to understand is the tilt of the shoulders and hips, the lean of the torso, and the twist of the spine. These things are almost never in line with each other, so it's really about finding their relation to each other that makes a pose look right or not.

Keep it up, man, you're looking good!

« Reply #73 on: Apr 26, 2010, 08:11 AM »
Ah yes, they do indeed look really stiff. I can ofcourse do better when I pay attention, but I would really like it to come more as a natural thing. For these I was just trying to come up with some interesting clothes mostly.
Ill definately be doing some gesture drawings, but Im gonna try getting faces down abit better first.

edit: oh and yeah. The fact that I hate drawing feet is definately a sign that I need to draw more of em. Atleast I can draw shoes and boots just fine now. When I first joined this site I tried to avoid drawing below the knees as much as possible. So there have been some improvements. ;P
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2010, 08:20 AM by BornLoser »

« Reply #74 on: Apr 28, 2010, 12:32 AM »
Did some perspective stuff in school breaks but cant show that.
I did this picture quickly for a friend.

Did these sketches of SNKs Ikari warriors from the games of the same name and King of fighters (thiese designs are from KoF 12) Dont know if ill ever ink em or anything. But I did try to make the poses abit less stiff. Same for the pic above.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 22, 2024, 11:47 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

546 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 554.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us