Void Realism Jam

Void Realism Jam
« on: Jan 25, 2009, 08:32 PM »
So yeah, I got inspired by AVT to try my hand at digitally painting a more realistic Angie and thought it might be fun to see other people give it a shot. The guidelines are

-Try interpreting a Void character as realistically as possible. You can use whatever materials you like with the exception of doing photo manipulation. Can be BW or color. It's totally cool if this doesn't look like the most 100% realistic interpretation ever, push yourself and do what you can. By all means it doesn't have to be just a plain portrait, push yourself to do different expressions!

-Must be a finished piece of work.

-MUST BE A NEW PIECE, A WEEK OLD AT THE MOST

Additional fun stuff if you don't want to draw a Void character

-If you don't want to draw a character and just want to try your hand at realism or a self portrait that is a-okay!

-Doesn't have to be a portrait, if you want you can try to do backgrounds, give us a real Void city scape if you like.

Trying to keep it kind of broad so people will have fun with it and want to participate and all that

« Last Edit: Jan 25, 2009, 08:35 PM by angieness »
Kittens wearins mittens

Re: Void Realism Jam
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2009, 07:48 PM »

« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2009, 01:29 PM »

A realistic rendition of marinduquenio's Ru. Neither very manly nor very Asian looking because I fail  :(
No pain no gain

« Reply #3 on: Feb 02, 2009, 12:54 AM »
Looks great you guys!
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #4 on: Feb 04, 2009, 08:50 AM »
I just finished this piece a few minutes ago. First try of realism with ink. Hope you guys like it =D

« Reply #5 on: Feb 04, 2009, 11:08 AM »
Is... that your character?

« Reply #6 on: Feb 04, 2009, 11:37 AM »
While a moose character would be amazing, I don't think that's their character.

« Reply #7 on: Feb 04, 2009, 12:15 PM »
"-If you don't want to draw a character and just want to try your hand at realism or a self portrait that is a-okay!"

nice moose. o3o

« Reply #8 on: Feb 04, 2009, 12:54 PM »
Looks great! And yes, I kept the jam open for people who didn't have a character or didn't want to draw one
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #9 on: Feb 04, 2009, 01:18 PM »
That's a self portrait.
Ya-ha-ha-ha-ha!

« Reply #10 on: Feb 04, 2009, 04:57 PM »
It's a caribou! LOL

A moose has a different, heavier sort of head, and their antlers are totally different.

« Reply #11 on: Feb 04, 2009, 05:21 PM »
Caribou are the same as reindeer, aren't they? That's what I remember learning...

Anyway, great work!

« Reply #12 on: Feb 04, 2009, 05:45 PM »
It's a caribou! LOL
A moose has a different, heavier sort of head, and their antlers are totally different.

yes it is a caribou not a moose..moose are much much uglier..they do however taste remarkably similar
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #13 on: Feb 04, 2009, 06:58 PM »
It's a caribou! LOL

yes it is a caribou not a moose..moose are much much uglier..they do however taste remarkably similar

you say that & i can't help but envision you stalking the canadian wilderness & dragging them down with your bare hands as some sort of brutal taste test.

« Reply #14 on: Feb 04, 2009, 07:02 PM »
Less talking, more art
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #15 on: Feb 04, 2009, 08:08 PM »
It's a caribou! LOL

you say that & i can't help but envision you stalking the canadian wilderness & dragging them down with your bare hands as some sort of brutal taste test.

Ohmygod, I love moose.... soooo much, I wish I was eating some right now.... @ @

« Reply #16 on: Feb 13, 2009, 07:56 PM »

This piece has been put on the backburner for a little bit, I started this painting around the start of 09 (maybe mid-earlier January) but the progress was interrupted by my battle, so i didn't finish it till now. It's actually one of the few digital paintings I'm really satisfied with because two years ago, I had no idea how to draw people :\

« Reply #17 on: Feb 13, 2009, 08:05 PM »
Dammit Air, you and your beautiful colors.

His head feels like its tilted a bit too far... but when I tilt my own head it looks okay... HM.

« Reply #18 on: Feb 13, 2009, 08:08 PM »
[Edit: got rid of nonexistent quote]
DAMNIT you edited your post right after I replied- yeah there's a general tilt to the image itself.
« Last Edit: Feb 13, 2009, 08:11 PM by Airlight »

« Reply #19 on: Feb 13, 2009, 08:17 PM »
Looks great dude! You totally shouldn't have done a photo bg though although I completely understand not wanting to do much with the bg after all that
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #20 on: Feb 13, 2009, 08:20 PM »
Rob's face is looking hella realistic and those eyes are impressive! You even gave him pores; that worked really well! The hair still needs to work, but DAYUM! XD
you just spurred some inspiration in me; i gotta try this sometime.

« Reply #21 on: Feb 13, 2009, 08:22 PM »
Looks great dude! You totally shouldn't have done a photo bg though although I completely understand not wanting to do much with the bg after all that
Except that its not a photo :O

yes :OOOOOOOOO
By air

« Reply #22 on: Feb 14, 2009, 01:02 AM »
Aww poo pants - I canna follow up the awesomesicle that was Airlight's project - so all I gots is this one I did yesterday in an afternoon. Not the most realistic, but, uh, realistic-er?

It's darling Mimi, by the by, of whom I am a huge fan

« Reply #23 on: Feb 14, 2009, 10:04 AM »
haha damn it's not a photo? very convincing Airlight.  And Mister Kent that's looking good, don't worry if it's not ultra realistic. The whole point of the jam is to try to draw something as realistic as you can. Since none of us are Rembrandt, it never hurts to get more practice in and I'm trying to get people to try something a little different than what they normally do.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #24 on: Feb 14, 2009, 10:21 AM »

I took that as a compliment xD. It was closely referred off of a existing window photo that my dad took in new york. I copied the generalized perspective grid off of it and a couple of the building details that I brushed into linewise, and threw up some imitation textures onto it. In reality its a very lazy textured painting that was cleaned up carefully, then blurred and contrasted to the extreme.

Rob's face is looking hella realistic and those eyes are impressive! You even gave him pores; that worked really well! The hair still needs to work, but DAYUM! XD
you just spurred some inspiration in me; i gotta try this sometime.

Thanks-- I know I got blatantly lazy on certain portions of the hair, but his hairstyle was already somewhat unrealistic as it is o__o I guess I got fed up with trying to make it look believable. Can't wait to see what you come up with, yourself!

Might do a couple of realistic cityscape type things for this JAM later on! Portrait was a fun practice.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 22, 2024, 11:47 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

532 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 571.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us