schupfnudel artings

schupfnudel artings
« on: Dec 31, 2008, 04:44 AM »
Hay guyz here's some stuff I did recently ... Hope you enjoy

Illustration for a horror story I wrote.

An RPG character =)

Bday present for a friend

My first decent painting. YAY
No pain no gain

Re: schupfnudel artings
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31, 2008, 10:13 AM »
Very nice stuff dude, I really like the bottom one. What's going on in his clothes though? I see some horizontal lines kind of going through it
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #2 on: Dec 31, 2008, 02:03 PM »
I think that's the texture.

« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2009, 05:11 AM »
Thanks Angie  ;D And corny is right, that's a texture I used there. Guess I could've made it more subtle but oh well ^^;
No pain no gain

« Reply #4 on: Jan 02, 2009, 02:07 PM »
I really really like your costume designs. I'm a sucker for embracing culture.

more?

« Reply #5 on: Jan 02, 2009, 02:41 PM »
hah, this is quite amazing, I like your more realistic approach more to be honest. but the lines are solid anyway. more please.

The first one is very eye-catching to me.
Get ready- pop it, let's go.
Enter galactic, you and me,
Enter galactic, you and me.

« Reply #6 on: Jan 05, 2009, 08:26 AM »
your painting looks great, but I'm a little confused about the intense green you have scattered around, it's a bit distracting because of how strong and saturated it is.

« Reply #7 on: Jan 08, 2009, 12:55 PM »
@(Pi): Thanks! It's not really design though ... just me picking stuff I liked  ;)

@jho: Hmmm well I think too much realism is boring, I like stylized art and I think even my more comicky style is pretty realistic.

@Gauge: Haha like I said it's my first decent painting most of the time I didn't really know what I was doing so ... I'll keep it more subdued next time.
No pain no gain

« Reply #8 on: Aug 29, 2009, 05:31 AM »
Some new and oldish stuff ...

Speedpaintings, ~1h each

Artist at the Ready stuff

I was going to tone the comic but didn't have the time.

Chardesigns ...

And some fanart

Lastly a wip, lemme know what you think ... PS: It's not a chick just a girly Asian guy

« Last Edit: Aug 29, 2009, 05:55 AM by schupfnudel »
No pain no gain

« Reply #9 on: Aug 29, 2009, 08:43 AM »
Are those lines digital ? It all seems too blocky and oversimplified ; compared to your grayscale pinup picture it feels like its gone one grade lower.

I say this because I just about LOVE everything else you did here,your color treatment is tits awesome and the comic seems to be missing too much to fit in.

« Reply #10 on: Aug 29, 2009, 04:13 PM »
Atleast give her an adams apple if you want it to be a guy :P

« Reply #11 on: Aug 30, 2009, 06:13 AM »
@Monday: Thanks =B No, it's all trad ... I tend to do very clean lineart, but mebbe I'll just stick to my usual pencil lineart if the inked stuff looks crappy. Any idea how to embetter my inking??

@BornLoser: Well she is wearing a scarf so you can't see her ... um his adam's apple. If that's the only problem you see then I'm glad XD
No pain no gain

« Reply #12 on: Aug 30, 2009, 08:43 AM »
Well men and women do look the same. Its all about the small details that makes us able to see a persons gender in the face.
You provided no suych things tho, so dont be suprised when less mature people will reply with things like "*fap fap fap*" :p (Dont think there are any people like that on this specific forum tho)

« Reply #13 on: Aug 30, 2009, 09:25 AM »
 :( Hm ... Any specific hints what I should change?? He is supposed to be of the pretty boy sort of guy but I still want the gender to be clearly recognizable.
No pain no gain

« Reply #14 on: Aug 30, 2009, 03:45 PM »
Well Im not the best artist when it comes to these things but I think making the eyebrows  a little thicker might help some. Maybe removing the lipstick (this coming from an artist who also draws lipstick on men. so maybe you should get input from someone else before you change stuff :P)

« Reply #15 on: Aug 30, 2009, 08:57 PM »
Wait, I'm confused now. I thought the one with the lipstick and red hair is supposed to be a girl, and the blond one with the strong chin and jawline is the guy?

« Reply #16 on: Sep 01, 2009, 03:13 PM »
Haha BornLoser, the guy with the lipstick looks like a girl because it IS a girl. I thought you were talking about the last picture all the time .......  ::) I'm happy that Pi got it right though  ;)
No pain no gain

« Reply #17 on: Sep 01, 2009, 03:26 PM »
Yeah from the way it was setup I also thought you meant the person with the lipstick and the pink was supposed to be male.  The last one is fine.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

290 Guests, 2 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us