Character art Evolution

Re: Character art Evolution
« Reply #50 on: Sep 06, 2010, 12:04 AM »
That little preview of 19 there is making me happy. I really want to see it :).

And yeah, I'll do one of these once I have more comics under my belt xD;

« Reply #51 on: Sep 06, 2010, 08:08 AM »
If the entirety of your 18th comic is as clean as that small sample. I will be thoroughly impressed.

Also, I'll consider doing one of these when I have more than 1 comic.

It is :D

And glad you guys are looking forward to those comics

*edit-awful typo
« Last Edit: Sep 06, 2010, 11:29 AM by angieness »
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #52 on: Sep 06, 2010, 11:55 AM »

One year of Sabgatt.
It's not like you guys know him, but he's what allowed me to get to a decent level over the last year.
The 8th and 9th one were done exactly half a year after his creationand the last was done on his first birthday, so you get the exact start, middle and end in there. ;) (well, end... hopefully not)
"I knew when I sighned up for Void years ago, Someday I'm going to prison for this site"  - Mister Kent, words to live by

« Reply #53 on: Sep 06, 2010, 05:15 PM »

:D

« Reply #54 on: Sep 06, 2010, 07:05 PM »
Oh man I love these!  I'll have to link mine, since it's so wide:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b193/vergeofsanity/A_Sketchy_Timeline_by_vergeofsanity.jpg

« Reply #55 on: Sep 06, 2010, 07:12 PM »
Oh man I love these!  I'll have to link mine, since it's so wide:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b193/vergeofsanity/A_Sketchy_Timeline_by_vergeofsanity.jpg

Glad I'm not the only one who's had a character since forever haha
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #56 on: Sep 06, 2010, 07:37 PM »
He seems a lot older when I can actually see him grow up. XD

That's really awesome though.

« Reply #57 on: Sep 07, 2010, 07:45 AM »
I've actually had my character since I was... 12? 13? but at first, she was only text, then the drawings were lost, then I stopped drawing... so I dont have an evolution of  her...

...Is it wrong that I like Exanon's first and third drawings better?
"I knew when I sighned up for Void years ago, Someday I'm going to prison for this site"  - Mister Kent, words to live by

« Reply #58 on: Sep 07, 2010, 08:35 AM »
I've actually had my character since I was... 12? 13? but at first, she was only text, then the drawings were lost, then I stopped drawing... so I dont have an evolution of  her...

...Is it wrong that I like Exanon's first and third drawings better?

Awwww shucks :///3

Except the scales look retarded in the first one and he has a lopsided titty in the third one xD

« Reply #59 on: Nov 09, 2010, 02:50 PM »
I got kinda bored and noticed this jam hasn't been updated in the last two months, so, why the heck not!

Linking off-site since it's fat: http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/6739/corneliustimeline.jpg

« Reply #60 on: Nov 09, 2010, 04:25 PM »
Enaxon: In a future evolution I would remove the black fur from the crotch (maybe/maybe not on the chest), because having that isolated strip of black fur draws more attention to his crotch than necessary.

« Reply #61 on: Dec 09, 2010, 09:49 PM »
Dirty harry already beat me too it but yeah at oe point we were all pretty Weaboo.

Re: Character Art Evolution
« Reply #62 on: Dec 29, 2010, 07:43 PM »
This is a huge file lol

Figured I'd finally do this jam since 2010 is almost over. I progressed from lame, to a little less lame.

« Reply #63 on: Dec 29, 2010, 09:23 PM »
And now you'll get to destroy me with those less lame skills in the new year :D ! But if you = a little less lame then I = totally doomed, because I am all the way at the bottom of the lametacular scale haha.

« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2011, 07:47 PM »
 I've been meaning to update this evolution sheet so here we go!

« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2011, 08:08 PM »
I should probably do the same haha this is an abridged "in the past year" version because a full one is getting into 1MB and beyond territory.

the mini comics are done in a more cutesy style and are not really a full representation of what I can do but I included them anyways as they're still comics and they still show subtle changes and improvements. Included the recent design sheet for where I'm at stylistically now when I'm not doing cutesy stuff.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2011, 09:33 PM »
It's really cool seeing how much your style has evolved, Angie. It seems to have made a leap into the style you're using now. Is there a reason for that, or did it just sorta happen?

Regardless, your stuff is looking awesome. I love how fluid it is.

« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2011, 09:48 PM »
Thanks! :D

Believe it or not in high school my stuff was very expressive and loose haha I naturally always did really loose expressive things. But then I got to college I felt kind of pressured to tighten up my work. You'll notice that my style started getting looser around when I had been out of college for a few months (graduated 05/10, during Arma). It also helped that I started working digitally so I stopped being so scared of making mistakes. So I've kind of gradually gone back to what I did in high school, I think coloring David's lines on like a billion jobs helped too. To show I'm not making this shit up these are some old paintings I did in high school (horrible photos, they're huge so I tried to cheat to get the whole thing in. Each of these paintings are about as tall as me)

http://angieness.deviantart.com/art/We-eat-our-pills-so-happily-2600423?q=sort%3Atime%20gallery%3Aangieness&qo=786
http://angieness.deviantart.com/art/it-changes-changes-and-again-9-2600328?q=sort%3Atime%20gallery%3Aangieness&qo=789
http://angieness.deviantart.com/art/Trapped-in-my-tiny-box-2600523?q=sort%3Atime%20gallery%3Aangieness&qo=782
http://angieness.deviantart.com/art/Crude-Dying-Monster-2600256?q=sort%3Atime%20gallery%3Aangieness&qo=790

I'm not quite sure what exactly happened that made me get really OCD about doing really clean work, but I guess I got over it haha
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 09:50 PM by angieness »
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2011, 03:41 AM »
I'm not quite sure what exactly happened that made me get really OCD about doing really clean work, but I guess I got over it haha
I have the same problem right now. I've realized it makes my work a bit stiff and restricted.

Well dang, thanks Angie! You've inspired me to loosen up a bit.

« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2011, 08:12 AM »
Glad to hear it!
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #70 on: Apr 22, 2013, 02:43 PM »
REVIVE!!

Yes Wizzie used to be a rayman fan character

« Reply #71 on: Apr 22, 2013, 04:11 PM »
http://majikura.tumblr.com/image/48646662134

yeah i don't improve very fast

« Reply #72 on: Apr 22, 2013, 04:52 PM »
Instead of updating the ginormous list for Angie, here's a compilation from her design sheets on Void

Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #73 on: Apr 22, 2013, 05:42 PM »
Either Angie's chest size has gone down, or she's gotten more sensitive to the cold over the years.

Just kidding, it's awesome to see this level of development.
- I yearn for redemption, but I'll settle for a breakfast sandwich.

« Reply #74 on: Apr 22, 2013, 05:54 PM »
It's a bit of both! haha I've gradually changed her body type throughout the years.
Kittens wearins mittens

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Mar 28, 2024, 07:15 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

463 Guests, 2 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 504.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us