Figure Drawing Jam (Nudity 18+ NSFW)

Figure Drawing Jam (Nudity 18+ NSFW)
« on: Dec 18, 2008, 10:41 PM »
Ok....so in trying to replace all the files I lost when my site went down I am in the process of scanning some of the Figure Drawings from my portfolio....and I thought this would make a good jam. Also it will continue what I started with the Ink Brush and Pen Jam way back when. http://entervoid.com/board/index.php?topic=8843.0

this in an effort to get people off of those damn tablets...say what you want and believe what you will.... but having little to no experience with traditional media limits you as an artist especially when you are just starting out. there is a fantastic benefit to your overall ability and understanding(about you and your art) that you will develop by using a variety of traditional media

In addition to this there is the obvious need to study and understand the human figure clothed and unclothed and how it interacts with an environment.

REQUIREMENTS:
Present your work based on real life models.......and yes yer Mom can be a model...... and no she doesn't have to be nude. I would however suggest you stay away from  attempting Level 3 of this jam if drawing Mom.
No photo reference work. Photo Reference is cool and all,especially when you don't have an alternative, but noting replaces real life observations/drawings. There are people all around you....use them.

Traditional Media Only
.Charcoal, Conte, Chalk, Pastel, Graphite, Ink etc....no digital stuff.

Average Level: complete a few images

Super Cool Level: complete a few images with a variety of media and techniques

Ultra Super-Just as cool as Picasso- Cool Level: complete a few images and then have sex with the model(s) after wooing them with your artistic sensitivity. Sketches of this are optional.

SUGGESTIONS:
If you are feeling extra creative or adventurous or especially if you are more comfortable with figure drawing already....try switching things up...use a different tool or different types of paper....try a different technique....work big(don't blame me when it's time to scan it)....just mix it up somehow

I'll see how this rolls and post more as people post thier own......or they won't so I won't
« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2008, 08:46 AM by Wei Ingnan »
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

Re: Figure Drawing Jam
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2008, 10:56 PM »
Traditional Media Only[/b].Charcoal, Conte, Chalk, Pastel, Graphite, Ink etc....no digital stuff

WHY YOU BE HATIN WEI?! haha Nah I know it's important to get well versed in a variety of medias and most people don't have their computer with them for a figure drawing class to really draw from life. (although I did just that this semester) You can have two of the drawings I did that I didn't touch with any digital even though obviously it's not specifically made for the jam and is in my Go for Broke too. I'll try and do some new stuff for this, but I'm getting the ball rolling

Kittens wearins mittens

Re: Figure Drawing Jam (Nudity 18+ NSFW)
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2008, 11:35 PM »
obviously it's not specifically made for the jam and is in my Go for Broke too.

hey, if Angie does it then I will too. These seem more appropriate here than in go for broke anyways. But I promise to post new new stuff just for the jam. Plus, I'm taking life drawing class again next semester  <3

« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2008, 06:14 PM »

« Reply #4 on: Dec 20, 2008, 05:40 AM »
Hellooooo :) I'm Rah. I doubt anyone knows me, I mainly just lurk on here. (I'm trying to get a character together to slap on the incubator but it may be a while as I have a lot of schoolwork at the moment, even if it is xmas hols.)
BUT, I do have a lot of figure drawings so I thought I'd show some, seeing as I've nothing else to put up.
Also, do excuse the poor quality of some of these - my scanner is disagreeing with me at the moment. :(

Messing around with light and dark - there is a head but my teacher said it wasn't important so I cut it off...

8 and a half months - really lucky to get this model. :)

And finally, some pen drawings.
Mmm biro

Fineliner and a running-out brush tip :)

I hope I didn't put in too many pictures!  :(

Also, I actually love the amount of detail you use in your Wei. I want to try some close-ups like those.
And Angieness, the contrasts in yours really work well - I especially like the more solid shadows in the first picture.

« Reply #5 on: Dec 20, 2008, 06:35 AM »
I hope I didn't put in too many pictures!  :(

not at all....and good for you Art Jams are for everyone on the forums; Site Artist or not.

.....and I quite like the one you did in conte (#6) and the flow in #4 is very nice as well.

If you want to do higher detail works just try working really big at first like I did. The smallest of these were done on 18"x 24"

« Last Edit: Dec 20, 2008, 06:38 AM by Wei Ingnan »

« Reply #6 on: Dec 20, 2008, 07:23 AM »
Oh good, that's a relief! :)
And thank you for the comments and advice - I'll try drawing bigger next time.

EDIT: forgot i had to post art in my replies
« Last Edit: Dec 20, 2008, 07:27 AM by RahBahKah »

« Reply #7 on: Jan 01, 2009, 09:00 AM »
No Love for the Figure Drawing Jam huh?

well last one until I can get the giganto mondo drawings scanned on my little scanner....I say last one cuz if I post or scan the ones of my girl I won't be breathing for very long

« Last Edit: Jan 01, 2009, 09:04 AM by Wei Ingnan »

« Reply #8 on: Jan 01, 2009, 11:19 AM »
I'll hopefully have some more when my semester starts since I'm going to try and get into another Figure Drawing class since at the moment I don't have any people readily to model for me since I live alone
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #9 on: Jan 02, 2009, 07:04 AM »
I REALLY WANNA DO THIS but i dont wanna use mirror  i'll work something out
Get ready- pop it, let's go.
Enter galactic, you and me,
Enter galactic, you and me.

« Reply #10 on: Jan 02, 2009, 12:26 PM »
Aww poor little figure drawing jam ... I'm here for you! I'll give you some luv:

Oldish but I like the pose  :)

They called him the man with the golden underpants.
No pain no gain

« Reply #11 on: Jan 10, 2009, 10:52 AM »
Yesterday I went to my first life drawing session at UC Berkeley. It was a lot funner than I though it would be. But it was kinda weird becuase we (my sister, aribooboo, and my friend) were the youngest ones there and everyone else was in their 20's/ 30's XD Anyway, here's a few that I thought turned out alright. =]

10 minutes

15 minutes

20 minutes

« Reply #12 on: Jan 10, 2009, 04:49 PM »
Yesterday I went to my first life drawing session at UC Berkeley. It was a lot funner than I though it would be. But it was kinda weird becuase we (my sister, aribooboo, and my friend) were the youngest ones there and everyone else was in their 20's/ 30's

you guys from the area? the sessions are mostly for students and alums. It's good that's you're getting into it early though.

Is it still 2 bucks or whatever?

« Reply #13 on: Jan 10, 2009, 05:04 PM »

you guys from the area? the sessions are mostly for students and alums. It's good that's you're getting into it early though.

Is it still 2 bucks or whatever?

Yeah. We used to live in SF, but we moved like ..45 minutes away, so we took BART.
2 dollars? na, it's 4 dollars now. D8

« Reply #14 on: Feb 06, 2009, 02:11 PM »
Just started classes again so I'll be able to supply Wei's jam with naked people again

First new thing of the semester, felt like doing something a little different. Going to keep trying to work in this way and see where it takes me. This took about an hour, it's only like 9X12 since I really need to work smaller this semester. This murdered my arm and shoulder. Ran out of time on the bg
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #15 on: Feb 06, 2009, 03:40 PM »
Just started classes again so I'll be able to supply Wei's jam with naked people again

...because I don't already get enough naked people at work

« Reply #16 on: Feb 13, 2009, 07:10 AM »

Here you go Wei. Been forcing myself to keep trying to get better with this technique. Will try actual hatching in a little bit. It's extremely hard and frustrating to not allow myself to make horizontal lines for the shading haha doing the hair gave me a headache because I just wanted to draw the hair texture and do it the way I normally do hair. But yeah, a good exercise at least, trying to push myself to do different things in Figure Drawing this semester. I originally wasn't going to have any outlines but my teacher suggested to have some light ones in there.
« Last Edit: Feb 13, 2009, 07:12 AM by angieness »
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #17 on: Feb 17, 2009, 07:15 PM »
HERE YOU GO WEI <3

lotsa gesture and a few longer drawing sessions.

SORRY I SUCK AT TAKING PICS.

« Reply #18 on: Feb 19, 2009, 03:43 PM »
Some of this stuff is a little old (like 1- 2 years) but it's all I've got scanned from this huuuuuge pile of drawings in the corner of my closet. Still, I like alot of it regardless of the fuckups.

HERE COMES THE NAKED TRAIN! OPEN WIDE!

« Last Edit: Feb 19, 2009, 03:45 PM by Puzzlething »

« Reply #19 on: Feb 20, 2009, 05:45 PM »
My scanner kind of ate this one, this one had 2 days of work in it. I wanted to punch the model though because she wouldn't stop moving so I fucked up some areas

Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #20 on: Mar 06, 2009, 05:38 PM »

And another. I had a hard time keeping a poker face when I drew this guy because he had like bright orange pubes.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #21 on: Mar 07, 2009, 06:24 PM »
If I hadn't known he was a ginger, I would've said it was Santa Claus

« Reply #22 on: Mar 13, 2009, 06:25 PM »

Some Charcoal Drawings done during my Drawing II Saturday classes at UARTS Fall 2008...
\'Ello...

« Reply #23 on: Mar 26, 2009, 04:03 PM »
I thought I'd finally take pictures of a few drawings I have. Sorry for the shitty photo quality, I only have a cheap webcam to use.

« Reply #24 on: Apr 23, 2009, 12:32 AM »
no one has posted since I last did? That's a downright shame...

Here's some more

« Last Edit: Apr 27, 2009, 10:11 AM by Qyzex »

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

544 Guests, 2 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 643.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us