Angie Does Art Yay

Re: Angie Does Art Yay
« Reply #225 on: Jun 14, 2013, 03:39 PM »
Half Century War and Orc Stain are the prize trophies in my comic book collection. Thanks to you and James for being such a huge inspiration.

« Reply #226 on: Jul 30, 2013, 05:25 PM »
Thank you!

In addition to My Little Pony and Peter Panzerfaust, I'm now colorist on the new TMNT Animated series! Just quit my day job to do coloring full time, which is both exciting and scary! I've only been away from the day job a week now, but thus far it looks like I'll have more drawing time.

TMNT

Arts

done during a google hangout, Fence was drawing a fu dog so I felt like drawing some sort of fu dog thing. Charlie suggested I color it like James, so I did.

(it's actually out now!)

Quick Attack on Titan fanart. Someday I'll do one with exciting poses since the series is essentially "Cool dynamic poses, the series".

This one was a color practice I did going from a tutorial for a color style I was unfamiliar with. I now know some things that would make this better and faster, learning is fun!
« Last Edit: Jul 30, 2013, 05:28 PM by Angie »
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #227 on: Jul 31, 2013, 12:29 PM »
I loves all them colors! Them Turtles pages look great, and the foo dog is majestic and vibrant :))

« Reply #228 on: Aug 01, 2013, 01:21 PM »
I saw that fu dog on DA. It's awesome!

« Reply #229 on: Aug 01, 2013, 03:17 PM »
I'm confused...
"I'm now colorist on the new TMNT Animated series"
and then pics from a comic, is the comic called "Animates series" or are you colouring animation now too?

Either way those pages look luminescently beautiful!

« Reply #230 on: Aug 01, 2013, 03:43 PM »
No, the new comic based on the current animated series ;D Tis loverly stuff!

« Reply #231 on: Aug 02, 2013, 08:20 PM »
JEALOUS!

wow... fantastic! I must have missed that update on FB! Congrats on being able to do what you love full time - and working on a TMNT property to boot? soooo jealous.
I'm not always lazy... sometimes I'm procrastinating.
http://scruffyscribbler.deviantart.com

« Reply #232 on: Aug 06, 2013, 08:06 AM »
Thanks guys!
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #233 on: Aug 07, 2013, 12:34 AM »

This is beautiful - and congratulations on getting a full-time job doing art! A true inspiration for the rest of us! :D

« Reply #234 on: Aug 10, 2013, 06:04 PM »
Thank you very much! I essentially worked 2 full time jobs to get to this point, so it's good to finally have my hard work pay off!
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #235 on: Oct 21, 2013, 09:46 PM »
Bunch of stuff!

Random fanart

Angie having issues with characters that are taller than her (pretty much everyone)

Angie and a Phinora named Kavi

Angie and Jim, who belongs to an old school Voider called kiraxlee

Some ridiculous 4 panel comics I did for fun

My anthology cover

Stuff for work!

and a quick warm up before color work

Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #236 on: Oct 22, 2013, 05:11 AM »
Your coloring will never cease to amaze me, angie! Love all of the stuff you posted!

« Reply #237 on: Jan 15, 2014, 01:02 PM »
Thank you!

Got some more stuff

And on the job side of things, here's some of my color work

Department 0 issue 2 page

TMNT Animated issue 7 page, it came out today!

MLP issue 15 page, it also came out today!
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #238 on: Jan 15, 2014, 01:10 PM »
Ahahaha i love the log ;D

I also wonder, what species is Gentoo? Do we ever find out? :P

<3 all your stuff :>

« Reply #239 on: Jan 15, 2014, 01:21 PM »
Thank you! I don't have a name for his species yet, but he's from a penguin type tribe that specializes in healing.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #240 on: Jan 15, 2014, 03:16 PM »
Ah cool. I just started to wonder because all we ever see is the back of his head and that could belong to any like.. animal or something ;) And the mask shape does not necessarily mean the face slots in perfectly ;)

« Reply #241 on: Jan 15, 2014, 05:42 PM »
Here he is unmasked in all his manly glory

he's still single, ladies.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #242 on: Jan 15, 2014, 07:19 PM »
Raddd colours as usual dood.

Also Gentoo is pretty cool.

« Reply #243 on: Jan 16, 2014, 12:51 AM »
ohhhh. can i have his number? ;)

« Reply #244 on: Jul 11, 2014, 12:08 PM »
I've been really busy working on color jobs as usual

Guys! Guys! I got to be a part of the 30th Anniversary TMNT special! I got to pair up with Chris Allan and Ken Mitchroney who did the art for the old Archie TMNT series. This was a huge deal for me as that comic was a favorite of mine as a kid. (it's also pretty cool that TMNT turns 30 the same year I turn 30)

I'm also working on getting the web comic going the site is at http://phinoracomic.com/ it's not officially launched yet so there's not a lot there yet. Here's some design work for it

Playing with fake digital inkwash

Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #245 on: Jul 11, 2014, 12:23 PM »
Wee little Angie is so cute! I cannot wait to get my read on :)

« Reply #246 on: Sep 21, 2014, 07:04 PM »
The web comic should be live soon! I'm finishing up the chapter before I start rolling pages out so I'll have a giant backlog to cover my ass.

Another chapter cover for the web comic

Angie and Julia, who's thumb disappeared in inking whoopsies

Angie's monster form got an update for the web comic

updated design sheet for it

Exciting work stuff! Some of these are uncropped

Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #247 on: Jan 05, 2015, 08:24 PM »
Haven't had too much time to do actual drawing lately since work's been crazy, but here's some stuff. Mostly random fanart.

Also I got to do something for Marvel for the first time! This was Katie Cook and I's entry for the Spider-verse anthology. And a random MLP page, which was the best.

Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #248 on: Jan 05, 2015, 09:21 PM »
Hey Angie, this is simply incredible work. Sorry if this has been asked already (didn't read the whole thread) but I'm hecka curious.

What would you say has been the largest contributing factor to your vast improvements over the years? Is is just practice? Did you find some special little tricks here or there? Stuff that worked for you?

Just looking for tips, since my work has improved at an incredibly slow rate over the years, while yours has improved by leaps and bounds!

So impressed; and doubly so that, with all of the work you have, you're still taking the time to keep this site in order! :D

« Reply #249 on: Jan 05, 2015, 10:34 PM »
Thank you very much! I think drawing comics are probably the fastest way to improve because they force you to work on everything. Obviously any practice is going to help you improve, but if you suck at backgrounds or anatomy or perspective, comics make you work on all those things over and over and over at the same time.

I don't think I have many tricks for drawing, but I do have one for perspective. I still have issues with perspective, but it improved a lot when a Voider showed me you could just rough out the perspective and then go back and fix it. This helped me a lot because I struggle with using the far more technical "start out with a grid" because I can't really visualize things that way. I still use a grid, just not until I have an idea of how I want a scene to look.

For me it also helps to occasionally completely shake up your style. I personally get super bored  drawing one way all the time, so that's a fun way to get excited and motivated. You never want to get too comfortable with art!
Kittens wearins mittens

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 22, 2024, 11:47 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

241 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 430.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us