Angie Does Art Yay

Re: Angie Does Art Yay
« Reply #200 on: Jan 31, 2012, 09:31 PM »
Thank you! I just finished drawing part 3 of Winter, just have to color it and I'm all done. Don't have too much to show because one of the jobs I've been spending a lot of time on I'm not allowed to show until it's published.

This is a pitch for a client, David and I got to work together again

another for the same client, different artist

Also chugging along with the Solar Salvage web comic http://solar-salvage.com/

just fucking around on a Naruto page. I'd intended on coloring the whole double spread and I might, but I didn't because I went to sleep instead.

random panel from Winter part 3 I felt like coloring, no the comic will not be colored like this. The other one is just a random panel I liked, no the whole comic isn't just quarter view shots of Angie looking to the left, I'm just limited on what I can show from this comic.

angry kitties from Winter part 2

« Last Edit: Jan 31, 2012, 09:34 PM by angieness »
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #201 on: Apr 02, 2012, 10:42 PM »
Oh it's been a while since I've updated this thing! Busy as usual, on the last few pages of a massive gig and a new massive gig just fell into my lap so I've been keeping the color train moving.

Already posted in the anthology hype thread but you can see my entry with David and Frank in the EnterVOID Anthology soon

Got a few jobs going for a really awesome guy named Jamie Gambell, he's currently employing me and 3 other Voiders for some books.

Department 0. He asked me to color similar to Dave Stewart so I of course obliged because Dave Stewart is great

Intranauts with David on lines

The Hero Code with Jar on lines

There's also one other job, this one being with Michael Harris. Jamie hasn't posted any previews from it yet so I can't give any previews for that one yet.

This one is for a short horror anthology entry

Oh yeah and I still draw

Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #202 on: Apr 03, 2012, 01:46 AM »
Epic works, both with the colouring jobs and your drawings, particularly dig that fuzzy monster! ;D

« Reply #203 on: Apr 03, 2012, 08:13 AM »
Thank you! Oh yeah and I have fixed the out of order word bubble that's on the comic page, I forgot to upload the final version so one of them is currently out of order.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #204 on: Apr 25, 2012, 06:19 PM »
Keeping busy as usual

the first of the blood wielders

panels from The Chuchunaa Islands Prologue

And coloring stuff, a lot of stuff I'm not allowed to show but here's some of the stuff I've been doing for work that I can show

Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #205 on: Apr 25, 2012, 06:44 PM »
Great job on all of these. Your coloring skills are top notch.

« Reply #206 on: Apr 25, 2012, 08:05 PM »
wonderful work, angie!

« Reply #207 on: Apr 25, 2012, 08:56 PM »
Thanks guys! :D
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #208 on: Apr 26, 2012, 12:08 AM »
Dammit, now I'm keen for that pizza... and it's only 9 in the morning here. Great stuff Angie :D

« Reply #209 on: Apr 26, 2012, 09:05 PM »
Thank you very much! A similar pizza exists in Japan, but I don't think anything straight up like that one does.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #210 on: May 20, 2012, 08:14 AM »
If you want to see what James and I have been up to

http://orcstain.wordpress.com/2012/05/20/only-masers-can-keep-us-apart/
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #211 on: May 20, 2012, 08:25 AM »
The colors look amazing, angie. How do you work with the artist, does he just give you a palette and you flat it out? Do you get to have any creative liberties?

« Reply #212 on: May 20, 2012, 08:33 AM »
Thanks! Well with James, the way I do flats is I just throw a bunch of colors down. I make it to where James can easily select every object, and from there he does his thing. So usually my flats end up being a big mess of neon colors haha. So the actual color choices are James, I just lay down the groundwork for him to be able to make easy selections and cut his coloring time down.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #213 on: Sep 13, 2012, 10:24 PM »
Been crazy busy! I've been slowly working on the next part to the Chuchunaa Islands between tons of color gigs. You can now find me in Image's Peter Panzerfaust, Dark Horse's Number 13, and of course James' amazing Godzilla:Half Century War from IDW. I also got to do an issue of Ninja Turtles with Marley Zarcone for IDW.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles:Micro Series April
TMNT is near and dear to my heart as I grew up with the series so it was a dream come true to work on it! Marley did an awesome job on the lines, she drew the best April O'Neil.

Can't show much from Peter Panzerfaust yet as the issue I start color duties on hasn't been released yet, but these 2 have been shown online. The art was done by Tyler Jenkins.

I can't show anything from Number 13 yet and since I only did flats on Godzilla, there's no need for me to show off as the lovely detail and colors are all from him.

Here are some random panels and a page from the next Chuchunaa Islands comic, they haven't been toned yet.

Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #214 on: Sep 13, 2012, 11:08 PM »
SO PRO. DAMN.

« Reply #215 on: Nov 01, 2012, 08:34 PM »
Not much I can show off right now, but here's a few things.

Several things I worked on this month are coming out! My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic #1 (we've apparently hit 90,000+ pre-orders which is more than X-Men, The Avengers, etc. Crazy stuff!) and Peter Panzerfaust #7!

They had this page hanging in a special My Little Pony art show in NY so I can show it off

Peter Panzerfaust #6

I've actually had some time to do some drawing here and there aside from working on my comic

Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #216 on: Nov 02, 2012, 08:37 PM »
The pages in the gallery, I was pretty thrilled. It's also well worth looking for photos of the actual gallery, they had lots of cool stuff http://www.coolhunting.com/culture/my-little-pony-exhibit.php

Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #217 on: Nov 03, 2012, 07:27 PM »
I'm no Brony, but I understand the significance. You should be very proud.

« Reply #218 on: Mar 11, 2013, 03:22 PM »
Been a while since I've updated this, so I guess now's the time.

This was my first finished drawing in Manga Studio. Probably going to eventually do a new design sheet for Angie, cause why not.

angry kitty

Angie and Julia

this was a quick practice comic I did to teach myself how to use Manga Studio for making comics. I'd always wanted to do a comic where Julia learns about Angie's other less pretty form. Not the most polished thing but I learned a lot about the program when I made it.

Promo for the final arc.

Random unnamed guy that might appear at some point

After finishing up crunch time on a bunch of stuff I got to color something of my own.

And here's coloring stuff

Peter Panzerfaust

My Little Pony

Payback
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #219 on: Mar 21, 2013, 07:36 PM »
You guys should have more comics from me soon! I've made the decision to wrap Angie's story up on Void by using EnterVOID's web comic format. I hated that due to my being so busy, people have to wait months between chapters and forget what happened/get less invested in what's going on. So putting 1-2 pages up a week using the web comic format here on the site will make it to where I can keep the story chugging along at a consistent pace. It also allows me to really take my time and make it look nice, because there's no pressure of oh my god this is going to take me 6 months to put the chapter up. I got no use for points/ranks/votes anymore so the switch makes sense and I can still receive crits and comments which is the important part!

Toast has to update the web comic script for 5.0 so I'm not sure when pages will start going up, but hopefully it'll be very soon! In the meantime here's 2 pages as preview, the second without the dialogue.

« Last Edit: Mar 21, 2013, 07:39 PM by Angie »
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #220 on: Mar 21, 2013, 08:06 PM »
Ooo, a webcomic section for Void. That sounds amazing as I've always wanted to do one, but my excuse was that I'm really bad at any sort of web design stuff. This is the perfect opportunity!

I'll really enjoy seeing your comic on here, because its always a treat to read.

Just wondering though, why you, being a professional colourist, chose to go down such a simplistic route in regards to colouring for your own comic? Is it because you want to focus more on a story and your non-colour art, or your just trying to practice this style of colouring,, or something else? Excuse me if this seems a stupid question...

« Reply #221 on: Mar 21, 2013, 08:16 PM »
Glad you've been enjoying it! I had stopped coloring my comics on Void for two reasons really. One was due to time. And the other is due to wanting to focus on making my lineart stronger by staying away from coloring. I figure I practice coloring enough when I'm doing pro work, so it's healthy for me to try and bump up my BW game. Once the Chuchunaa Islands chapter is wrapped up, I intend on doing the next chapter, which is a mini chapter focusing on Cora's back story, in full color. There might be one last chapter in there somewhere that's in color, but the rest will be in black and white.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #222 on: Mar 21, 2013, 10:38 PM »
Sounds like a sound strategy to me! :D

« Reply #223 on: Jun 05, 2013, 09:20 PM »
Some random arts!

new design sheet for Angie

designs for Cora's diplomat uniform and Kateri as they'll eventually appear in the web comic I do with Angie when her Void story is done. Cora's pose is pretty awful, but I made up for it with Kateri's.

hype art for the next part of the Chuchunaa Islands, featuring Angie with most of her immediate family.

Pokefusion, it was Abra and Blastoise.

Void sticker

And on the professional side of things, here's some colorings for MLP and Peter Panzerfaust.

and for fun, cause I still color stuff for fun sometimes.

Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #224 on: Jun 06, 2013, 11:27 PM »
Hey cool, my sister has some of those MLP comics. That's some colouring work.

Yeah, I respect colourists more since reading this Gutters comic.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 22, 2024, 11:47 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

236 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 284.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us