Astrodile's Characters

Astrodile's Characters
« on: Dec 12, 2017, 02:03 AM »
Hopefully sometime soon I'll be whippin' out this dude (I'll...Clean up/Possibly redo this reference later):
Also this is like my first time in years using a forum so...Hope y'all can bear with me here lol.

Niles doesn't have any magical powers of the sort outside of their ability to transform from monster to human instantly in intervals that can be controlled but are ultimately random. They can put up a decent fight, but at best they'd rather...Avoid it.

Intrusive and vague as a monster yet, reserved and humble as a human, they use their forms as advantage and are oft to pretend as though they're two different people entirely until they are discovered.
They were originally always human, but magic changed them by pure chance.

Any commentary is super appreciated! I'm worried that their design as a monster is...Overbearing, and if so I'll switch to another character.

Re: Astrodile's Characters
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2017, 06:49 AM »
He's so handsome!  Do you have something in mind for what you wanna do with him on VOID?

icon by zee!

« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2017, 07:21 AM »
He's so handsome!  Do you have something in mind for what you wanna do with him on VOID?

Thank you!! :Dc I don't have any definite plan yet but, in Niles main story his interests were discovering the functions of magic, so I might do something with that in mind!

Or maybe just make friends. He likes doing that haha.

« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2017, 08:39 AM »
I'm worried that their design as a monster is...Overbearing, and if so I'll switch to another character.
I don't think you need to switch to another character, maybe just simplify or clarify a little? My first reaction to the monster form is that he looks cool, but I'm a little confused. Are those super long teeth? How big is the mouth? Where exactly are the translucent fin things attached? Was this just a design you thought was cool or is it based on something? Maybe I'd work on your story a little because it's not really clear why he turned into a monster. I mean, making a more well defined story might help your design process a bit. Why does he transform? Does he hate it or does he embrace it? What are his goals? Ask yourself questions like that to flesh out your character.
But, your art is good so I'm looking forward to more! Just my thoughts.

« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2017, 09:12 AM »
I'm worried that their design as a monster is...Overbearing, and if so I'll switch to another character.
I don't think you need to switch to another character, maybe just simplify or clarify a little? My first reaction to the monster form is that he looks cool, but I'm a little confused. Are those super long teeth? How big is the mouth? Where exactly are the translucent fin things attached? Was this just a design you thought was cool or is it based on something? Maybe I'd work on your story a little because it's not really clear why he turned into a monster. I mean, making a more well defined story might help your design process a bit. Why does he transform? Does he hate it or does he embrace it? What are his goals? Ask yourself questions like that to flesh out your character.
But, your art is good so I'm looking forward to more! Just my thoughts.

I'm super happy you asked! I'm glad you like my art btw, haha. :DDc
To answer, I can definitely understand your confusion! The design is very...A finicky thing, honestly. The features of his general head area do appear as super long teeth, and a mouth, yes! But those parts are definitely not able to be utilized as such, and the location of his actual mouth is a mystery right now. The design was based off the scale worm, Eulagisca Gigantea! Although at this point the connection to that worm is pretty thin. I'd be happy to redo the reference so that I can make some things clearer!

I wasn't exactly sure if I could explain the whole transformation thing en' length, but the reason why he transforms is because in his story, he enters a completely different universe which included the existence of magic, none of which exists on Earth and etc.
Because he enters this universe, a completely new species (Human) which didn't gain entryway through methods natural, the magic of that universe creates a 'Balance' of sorts by gifting him this monster form so that he may be less of an outlier in an environment of non-humans. AKA "This thing is here, it shouldn't exist here but...Magic will make it work somehow."

His feelings on this ability are more or less indifferent! In the story, his environment is of monsters, the transformation is of no trouble to him because of how adjusted he is to living amongst those who are non-human. However, because some of his relationships throughout the story are...Not healthy, he perpetuates his monster self as a second chance at life, a way to live as someone else, who would always be better then him.
His goal in that story is to simply...Find out the science behind magic in that universe, discover how he got there alive, who did this to him, and how he is able to transform with seemingly no repercussions whatsoever, because it's intriguing! (And also he needs someone/something to blame for the current state of disarray he's in.)

I'll certainly think more on this and all!! Thank you for the questions/tips!! :>

« Reply #5 on: Dec 15, 2017, 09:13 PM »
Hi just gonna double post here because I'm working on my intro comic and just want to get some feedback before I work on these first two pages hahaaaaa....

« Reply #6 on: Dec 19, 2017, 04:31 AM »
Ohmigosh that's awesome! What a nicely paced intro, and WHO IS THE GOOD BOSS??? I think you'd have no trouble getting in. I'm looking forward to fighting you, maybe!

« Reply #7 on: Apr 05, 2018, 02:58 PM »
Guess who's throwin' in another character sometime down the line, once I get more comics done?? This dude lmao
Please excuse the resizing issues for this reference here :'D I'll tidy it up possibly and redo it later once I make the full reference, but this is all I wanted to share so far.

Her name is Ash, just Ash, and she's a monster who conveniently has a human form that she uses to look nice and match the rest of the crowd. Doesn't show her actual face often, very rarely does she do it and only if she trusts someone enough.
Day time she likes to do fun stuff like singing, dancing (Hip-hop!), musical theatre, etc. etc. Brash, sociable, and bold, she actually makes a pretty good friend and is excellent to talk to. Romantically only interested in women and is polyam, but isn't shy to physical relationships with anyone regardless of their gender. Might hit on you because she's just that casual.
Nighttime she's an underground half human-half monster fighter, doesn't really care about winning or losing (But she does enjoy the former), as long as the role is played and she gets to go home afterwards. She's only so far from being distinctly feral, a carnivore only eats meat. Be it people or animals, she needs the flesh and the hunt, and fighting provides her that typically.

« Reply #8 on: Nov 20, 2018, 09:41 PM »
UPDATING THIS BABY because I just like to do that, I dunno, I like sharing my characters just incase y'all have something to say about them!

but anyways, I won't be trying to add Tattles till probably...Dunno? I wanna get one or two more battles in with my current characters before  I throw in this fool. Regardless!

Tattles (They/He)! And Tattles only, that's the only name they've ever known. A fortune teller (With a nice mobile caravan) by trade, though that's just a very fancy way of saying that they can look into the future, quite literally. A 'contracted' demon, and also legally an alien/extraterrestrial because there's no hell in their universe. They act somber/dour but in reality can be really excitable and humored/fun-loving!

Their most prominent and well known ability is to see into the future, at the sacrifice of having to consume someone else's blood. Regardless of the species, just give a bag and Tattles can handle the rest. The main issue is just that, the future can change many ways, and Tattles foresight doesn't exactly specify how what they view even happens, so the accuracy in actuality can be a bit strained. There are also several other issues, such as lapses into a rather deep slumber that could last for weeks, months, maybe even a year; As obtaining the future experiences/memories of the blood donor can only be removed through sleep.
They can also shapeshift! But their color scheme doesn't change, nor will their scars, so they only use this to humor themselves. Tattles' also got some minor abilities like walking on walls/ceilings, slow regeneration, etc. etc.

Because Tattles is a demon from another universe and all that, holy powers are ineffective on them, as well as powers that solely relate to controlling/manipulating/trapping demons.
« Last Edit: Nov 20, 2018, 09:43 PM by Astrodile »

« Reply #9 on: Nov 21, 2018, 12:41 PM »
qrtyuytrfghfghdfgdhgf TATTLES

« Reply #10 on: Nov 30, 2018, 01:03 AM »
OK SO I PUT TATTLES HERE P RECENTLY BUT NOW I WANNA ADD THESE TWO AND I CANT PICK BETWEEN WHICH TO DO SO pleaz...help me decide

I'm not putting their ref's up here yet because they're Old and I wanna make BETTER ones, but anyways, Bruhma Dahiri (Left, any pronouns) and Monty A. (Right, he/him)

Bruhma is a werewolf who's a part time hair stylist, and a full time bounty hunter. Pretty good at her job, quick on her feet and flexible, excellent with guns and swords and whatever she can use as a weapon at the time. She's really quiet, like, she doesn't talk alot but when she does she's pretty blunt and straightforward, relies on whatever face she's making at the time to get the message through rather then wasting her breath with words. Her personality is...pretty volatile? Bruhma is quick to get violent because she's really tense all the time, but also shy when it comes to social interactions. She's definitely Not going to let you know that.
Due to being raised by non-humans, humans weren't really a species she's encountered in her life up until very recently. She's adjusting well.

Monty is a vampire, an assistant to Bruhma. A very kindred spirit who always means well, and doesn't really want to hurt others. Even to the extent that he'd MUCH prefer to drink blood from a good ol' purchased blood bag then actually chomp down on anyone. He sees the good in the world and people, and he really wants Bruhma to see that as well, trying to convince the other to 'turn over to the good side', and it's slowly but surely working!
Even though the two work together professionally, they do live together and consider each other as siblings.

« Reply #11 on: Nov 30, 2018, 08:44 PM »
I am all for both of them in and maybe one of them be considered an NPC?? Because I think I've seen that done a couple times?
But if only one can be chosen I cast my vote for Bruhma!

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

CrocoRocioKotSister KiteriaGhostThe Abominable Dr. HoangAshlanEgg DealerAstroleoAzu FloresSehemaThe Professors

Open Challenges -

No Open Challenges

Latest Topics -

ELECTION 2018 Art Jam 
Last updated: Fred v2.0.1 - Today at 08:17 AM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 01:41 AM
Wii/Wii U/3DS/whatever Nintendo Network IDs! and also PSN 
Last updated: PyrasTerran - Dec 12, 2018, 07:23 PM
2018 Secret Santa! 
Last updated: Shen - Dec 12, 2018, 02:30 PM
Challenges Thread 
Last updated: Astrodile - Dec 10, 2018, 12:04 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

57 Guests, 3 Users

Most Online Today: 89.
Most Online Ever: 1,050 (Aug 30, 2015, 03:43 AM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us