IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #375 on: Aug 22, 2017, 10:07 PM »
Sharis room 14 Round 3
Spoiler: show

Under the Rage, Sharis feels a pull towards his wounds, but shaking his head, charges the final orchid man. He brings his axe down, but the distraction of the wound is enough that his first strike falls short. Planting his foot, he brings his other axe around, slashing across the creature's torso.


1d20+1 wisdomsave = (19)+1 = 20
2d20k1+6 Sharis vs OM 3 first strike = (4+3)+6 = 10
2d20k1+6 sharis vs OM 3 second swing = (14+11)+6 = 20
1d6+2 second swing damage = (3)+2 = 5
Total Damage= 5

Minions, assemble!

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #376 on: Aug 23, 2017, 09:49 PM »
Aaron > Ratleopards > Sovereign, Room 5, ROUND ONE:
Spoiler: show
Seeing the ratleopards' menacing stares, Aaron makes a tactical decision belying his recent behavior. Reaching out with his glaive again, he brings it in a wide arc, intending to slice through their exposed fascia. So hasty to retreat to safety, however, Aaron backs away a little too quickly, and his glaive slices through nothing but air. Grumbling to himself, Aaron limps backwards, taking shelter behind Sovereign.

"I'll uh... provide backup," Aaron grins sheepishly at his bladed companion.

@cuteapoot:  1d20+4  = (11)+4 = 15

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #377 on: Aug 23, 2017, 10:12 PM »
Chorden, the Archives:
Spoiler: show
Black Medick hands you the torch as Dark Mullein tries to open the heavy metal door. "I hope you know what you're doing, lookout," Black Medick mutters nervously.

At the entrance to the room, the Curator flicks out its left forefinger and sends little Great Mullein flying right past you into the wall with a loud CRACK!


Sharis > Orchidman > Lai Shan > Seth > Ashen, Room 14, ROUND THREE:
Spoiler: show
The last beautiful and deadly orchidman jerks as Sharis's axe cleaves into its abdomen. Reflexively it vomits acid all over Sharis' arm--a revolting stream of sizzling olive-green nectar. Just when it seems it cannot possibly have any more of the horrible fluid within it, it spits directly onto Sharis's chest.

@Mister Kent:  1d20+3 acidon = (16)+3 = 19
@Mister Kent:  1d10 aciddam = (7) = 7
@Mister Kent:  1d20+3 acidonsharis = (18)+3 = 21
@Mister Kent:  1d10 aciddam = (8) = 8


Aaron > Ratleopards > Sovereign, Room 5/6, ROUND ONE:
Spoiler: show
You notice sound coming from the corner of the room, muffled voices on the other side of the wall in the Northeast corner.

Now having Sovereign as their foremost target and Aaron behind her, the first ratleopard attacks the warlock with its fleshy claws and gnashing teeth. The second follows suit, clawing up Sovereign in an attempt to reach Aaron, leaving open bloody gashes on Sovereign's limbs (Sovereign -17hp!)

@Mister Kent: 1d20+5 rat1attack = (10)+5 = 15
@Mister Kent: 1d4+1d10 ratclaws = (3)+(2) = 5 << Will be negated by Sov's Shield on her turn
@Mister Kent: 1d20+5 rat2attack = (14)+5 = 19
@Mister Kent: 1d4+1d10 ratclaws = (2)+(10) = 12

« Last Edit: Aug 23, 2017, 10:31 PM by Mister Kent »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #378 on: Aug 23, 2017, 10:29 PM »
Truman, with Oku, Room 10:
Spoiler: show
Agrimony isn't certain. "Hmm, that way isn't known to us-oku. I think it might open...from the other side-oku..." You can see that the bridge ends up at a stone ledge but no discernable door.

Truman, with Oku, Room 10:
Spoiler: show
"Well, we can't go through the room with the bizarre stairways. At least, not without splitting up. And we can't go through the middle path anymore, not that that was a good idea to begin with. So our options are limited. Let's see, if I were building an eldrich hellmaze, I'd put a secret door panel,
riiiight... here."

Truman taps the wall. Nothing.

"Here?"

He taps another spot, and another. After it becomes apparent that this is going nowhere, he stops and listens to the wall.

@Q-Bit: 1d20+4 Perception = (16)+4 = 20

Truman hears the faint sounds of combat through the stone.

"I hear fighting. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the others. If I can make enough noise, maybe I can get them to open the door."

He turns toward the others.

"Unless either of you have any more tricks up your sleeve."

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #379 on: Aug 23, 2017, 11:02 PM »
Lai Shan, Room 14 [COMBAT, ROUND 3]

Spoiler: show
Lai Shan Attacking with Shortsword vs Orchidman = (12)+6 = 18 [HIT!]
Shortsword Damage = (3)+4 = 7 piercing damage

Using Step Of The Wind (1 Ki) to Disengage as a bonus action

As the remaining orchidman vomits excessively on Sharis, Lai Shan leaps forward, driving her blade deep into the side of the orchid's 'head'. Knowing the consequence of a fatal strike against the creature, Lai Shan pulls her blade free and in a swift blur, darts back with a flip and a tumble, landing gracefully at a safe distance before the orchid erupts.

Lai Shan Wisdom Save vs Acid = (18)+2 = 20 [SAVED!]

Lai Shan flicks her sword to the side, shaking off the strange plant juice before returning the sword to its scabbard.

"Phew, everyone alright?"


« Last Edit: Aug 23, 2017, 11:29 PM by A Bad Idea »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #380 on: Aug 23, 2017, 11:06 PM »
Sovereign Room 6

Spoiler: show

It wasn't the fact that Aaron charged ahead with his glaive. Nor was it him hiding behind her, after missing his swing and causing the beasts to attack her instead. A reaction cast of Shield even managed to stave off what would be a far bigger wound. No, it was the bugbear's sheepish grin that made her snap.

Use Reaction to cast Shield (+5 AC till next round)

"No! You're dealing with this yourself you leatherheaded excuse of a librarian!" Turning back to the ratleopards, Sovereign takes a sidestep and rushes past their claws, taking a right back into the shadow room, looking for an escape and a way back to the rest of the party.

Disengage action


*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #381 on: Aug 23, 2017, 11:10 PM »
Truman, with Oku, Room 10:
Spoiler: show
Agrimony squeaks. "I...might have something...but I haven't had to use it for some time. Please, get off the bridge, just in case..."

When you are clear, she stands fifteen feet from the suspicious wall, and her eyes begin to glow so bright a blue it shines through her bird mask. "The Glyph Witch said each of us have a gift...and this is mine!" From her hands, she unleashes a trio of brilliant blue missiles of magic energy. They crash into the wall and cast up a cloud of smoke (Aaron and Sovereign will hear this from the other side). When the smoke clears, there is a large crack in the wall, large enough to see into the next room and perhaps pass items through, but not large enough to move a person through.

You see a frenzy of action, and Sovereign fleeing the scene. Two molerat-cat chimera-looking things are running around causing trouble. After leaving Sovereign in poor shape, they seem to turn their attention to the next room as Sovereign escapes.
@Mister Kent:  3d4+3 Agrimony'sTrick = (2+2+4)+3 = 11


Aaron, Room 5, and Sovereign, Room 3:
Spoiler: show
You hear a great impact strike the corner where the sound was coming from in your previous room (Room 6). A crack appears, and you can sort of make out people on the other side if you look hard enough.


Lai Shan, Sharis, Seth, Room 14:
Spoiler: show
For slaying a trio of very bad orchidmen, you each receive 125xp.
« Last Edit: Aug 23, 2017, 11:17 PM by Mister Kent »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #382 on: Aug 24, 2017, 02:06 AM »
Seth, Room 14
Spoiler: show
"Just peachy over here."

He held his usual smug look on his face but there was a tone of relief in his voice, grateful he didn't get hit with the acid, especially after seeing Ashen's behavior. Not to mention being grappled by the creature like that...

He made his way towards the high priestess and touched her wounded shoulder, not bothering to be gentle at contact. "It'll only hurt for a moment. Just bear with it."

[OOC: Seth uses Cure Wounds on Ashen.]
1d8+2 #cure wounds on ashen = (7)+2 = 9


*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #383 on: Aug 24, 2017, 03:06 AM »
Sharis Room 14
Spoiler: show

Sharis relaxes his body, puting his handaxes back to his side. He grunts, slaking off the acid drenching him, and moves to the table in the room, clearing it off and lifting it.

"The Lady Ashen is in no condition to continue forward right now, and I myself am fairly spent. I suggest we attempt to barricade the entries to the grassy room ahead to prevent more of those creatures from coming upon us, and rest."

He sets the table down near the doorway.

"It might also be good to eat something. Honestly, my stomach feels like we've been traveling much greater than it seems."
Minions, assemble!

Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #384 on: Aug 24, 2017, 01:26 PM »
Chorden, with the Bird-Brained Bandits, the Archives
Spoiler: show
Chorden swiped away the torch into his grasp. He raised it high above him, slowly trudging a few feet forward, as to maintain a close distance to the door. If this suspicion of his proved true it could give him a upper hand against the Curator if he were to survive this encounter. At the very least it could buy him and the others time to escape, maybe even save the smallest if he's luck-CRACK...as he was saying, buy time to escape.

As the Curator crept ever closer, Chorden raised the letter held firmly in his right hand, while lowering the torch in his left. The torch was mere inches away from letter, and Chorden made sure the Curator was well aware of it. Yet as a precaution, he made sure obstruct the letter as best as he could, in case the knowledge he held had little value to the archives. As he tried his best to hide the fear behind his voice, he began to shout...

"Stay back! You guard these archives don't you? Well what good is a beast like you if it can't protect even one piece of valuable knowledge. What will Medusa do if she hears of this I wonder? Perhaps she'll melt you down, make you into armor for someone more competent. No, she'll just break you apart throw you away, she wouldn't want to use such useless material!..."
« Last Edit: Aug 24, 2017, 02:46 PM by ZigZagaroo »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #385 on: Aug 24, 2017, 02:01 PM »
Lai Shan, Room 14

Spoiler: show
"Has it really been that long? I hadn't realized. It becomes difficult to discern the time without the light of the sun."

Lai Shan sets down her satchel on a nearby table and brings out the rations again.

"I've got some snacks if you guys need to eat something. Should be enough for all of us if we share."

Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #386 on: Aug 24, 2017, 02:12 PM »
Chorden, with the Bird-Brained Bandits, the Archives
Spoiler: show
Chorden swiped away the torch into his grasp. He raised it high above him, slowly trudging a few feet forward, as to maintain a close distance to the door. If this suspicion of his proved true it could give him a upper hand against the Curator if he were to survive this encounter. At the very least it could buy him and the others time to escape, maybe even save the smallest if he's luck-CRACK...as he was saying, buy time to escape.

As the Curator crept ever closer, Chorden raised the letter held firmly in his right hand, while lowering the torch in his left. The torch was mere inches away from letter, and Chorden made sure the Curator was well aware of it. Yet as a precaution, he made sure obstruct the letter as best as he could, in case the knowledge he held had little value to the archives. As he tried his best to hide the fear behind his voice, he began to shout...

"Stay back! You guard these archives don't you? Well what good is a beast like you if it can't protect even one piece of valuable knowledge. What will Medusa do if she hears of this I wonder? Perhaps she'll melt you down, make you into armor for someone more competent. No, she'll just break you apart throw you away, she wouldn't want to use such useless material!..."
« Last Edit: Aug 24, 2017, 07:15 PM by ZigZagaroo »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #387 on: Aug 24, 2017, 02:16 PM »
Aaron > Ratleopards > Sovereign, Room 5/6, ROUND TWO:
Spoiler: show
"I thought we were a team!" Aaron barks as Sovereign makes her cowardly retreat. I should have seen this coming, he curses his foolishness in expecting the bladed mage to cooperate on a plan she didn't come up with. They had been on enough jobs together to make it clear that Sovereign generally preferred to work alone.

"Fine," Aaron growls to himself. Taking a few steps back away from the open doorway, he channels Create Bonfire to hopefully discourage his opponents from approaching him, at least for the moment.

Then, he gets a stupid idea. "Hey you!" he shouts at the three knights behind him, "Any chance you noble warriors would acquiesce to helping an injured bookworm rid this place of literal vermin abominations?"

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #388 on: Aug 24, 2017, 09:30 PM »
Aaron > Ratleopards, Room 5, ROUND TWO:
Spoiler: show
The knights look on silently, confidently holding their swords, guarding their lords' thrones.

Not wanting to roast themselves in the Bonfire, both chimeric ratleopard creatures make a run for the hole in the floor from which they had emerged, not stopping to grab their corpse meals as they go. They burrow back into their tunnel, kicking up dirt and broken flagstone behind them.

Combat has ended. Aaron and Sovereign both receive 200xp.


Sharis/Lai Shan/Seth, with Ashen, Room 12:
Spoiler: show
There is a sound of rushing wind Eastward down the hall, and the air momentarily pulls in that direction. You hear the faint echoes of the sound of crying, which you heard upon first entering this area.

You hear Chronia Torn begin to play her music in her room again, on what sounds like an out-of-tune guitar.

Seth:
Ashen seems exuberant about her caustic wounds, and seems annoyed when you bring her back down to earth with a stinging Cure Wounds technique. "Dogon," she whispers into the air deliriously. "Don't leave me again...I can't do this without you..." She slumps to a dry patch of floor and sighs before passing out. Her shirt is drenched in acid, however, and will need to be replaced.

Sharis:
Upon bringing the table to barricade the entrance to (Room 49), you see an open arch leading to an amazingly dark room. Even those naturally superior vision have trouble seeing in this room, likely due to the black roses growing here amidst massive tangled thorn bushes. These roses are sunflower-sized and seem to absorb light. There are fallen petals on the ground, and even those seem to have the same dark or negative aura.

There are two open doors in the black-rose room, reachable if you can hack through the thorns, one nearby on the Northwest wall, and one directly South.


Luis/Yoshiko, and the gang, Room 58:
Spoiler: show
 The Glyph Witch stands from her painting and looks at you all carefully. She especially is cautious of Stone Boyfriend. "You were able to ally yourself with a statue? Wrest it from Xanthocerasss's power? Hm. Perhapsss the lich is not as in controlll as we thoughttt."

She then laughs, slowly and cruelly. "All the same--a haaappy ending is off the taaable, I'm surrre," she snickers. "Zamia lovesss no one. She desiiired to essscape Xanthocerass affectionsss, and the onlyyy way to do so was do DIE."

The Witch then walks over to the north wall and pulls the hanging cloth down, revealing three stone doors in the wall. "Zammmia lies beyond here in endless sleeeep," she explains, and then explains the process by which this was done.

Almost everyone who encounters Zamia Torn falls in love with her. This has been the case for 8000 years, but when the "Loving Lich" Xanthoceras made his intentions known it was too much to bear, the final straw. Zamia conspired with a powerful killer (now stored in the Cells) and the Medusa to separate Zamia's soul from her body and turn it to stone.

"Zammmia will not wake until her stone soul is freed and reunited with her body, buuuut Xanthoceras is beside himself with his overwhelming desire to awaken herrr."

She points to the East door. "The lich lies Eaaaast, if you dare to consulttt with him." Her tone is both pitiful and fearful. "The Oku and I no looonger attempt to reassson with such a sinnnngle-minded being, but perhapsss you will have better luck."


Chorden, the Archives:
Spoiler: show
You raise the torch, and the Curator stops in its tracks. Black Medick scoops up Great Mullein in his arms--it's not certain the little Oku is even still alive.

At your dare, the Curator backs up into the last room, but still watches you closely. Just when you think Dark Mullein might break the iron door down, it opens.

Inside (Room 160), a robed figure greets you. It is a woman in a black floor-length evening gown and midnight-blue hooded cape. The hood is drawn up to shadow most of her facial features, but she seems young and beautiful. Her flesh is milky pale with almost a azure sheen to it. At her appearance, the Curator withdraws completely from sight, but you can hear it's fingersteps lingering around the corner.

"Hello," the woman says in a pleasant manner. "Did my Curator give you a fright?" She motions to your torch. "You can put that down now. The danger is passed." She flashes a delicate smile, and the Oku squeak nervously. "The Curator is such a stickler for rules...don't touch this, don't touch that. Why not live a little, right?"

"Come inside," she offers, and steps aside to let you into what looks like a grand chamber, decorated in fine silk and an enormous mounted dragon skull. There is another person here, also cloaked in dark robes, laughing to himself quietly. The Oku nervously enter.

She waits for you to come in. As she looms over you, her hood writhes lightly, the playful peek of serpents darting in and out of shadow. "What brings you to my home?" the Medusa asks you calmly.
« Last Edit: Aug 24, 2017, 10:04 PM by Mister Kent »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #389 on: Aug 25, 2017, 09:56 AM »
Aaron, Room 5:
Spoiler: show
"Shit, I was gonna study those monsters," Aaron curses under his breath. Oh well, better safe than sorry.

Dropping the fire, Aaron steps cautiously into Room 6, peering into the crack in the wall. "Hello?" he calls hesitantly, "Who's on the other side of this partition?" I really just want to get back to this puzzle, to be honest, but I can't just ignore this stupid crack, Aaron thinks impatiently.

Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #390 on: Aug 25, 2017, 06:26 PM »
Chorden, the Archives
Spoiler: show
She waits for you to come in. As she looms over you, her hood writhes lightly, the playful peek of serpents darting in and out of shadow. "What brings you to my home?" the Medusa asks you calmly.
Quote

At that moment, Chorden had been completely struck with fear. His whole body had seemed to freeze over, as if this Medusa had already place her curse on him. Just as he outwitted one abomination, here he was standing before the ruler of this strange domain. With a shaken grip, his torch had slipped from his grasp , impacting with the stone cold floor below, it's crackling growing ever softer until the flame itself had burned out. Regaining his focus, Chorden quickly turned his gaze away from the Medusa's, with Aaron'sexplanation of the woman fresh in his mind he wouldn't allow her the chance to petrify him. For that moment, for what felt like an eternity, it seemed he couldn't utter a single word. Perhaps he had feared that if he spoke wrongly, some form of consequence would surely occur. Given enough thought, with enough built up courage he slowly gave her his response...

".....W...W-Why m-my lady...G-Great and B-B-Beautiful Medusa, theres no point in s-speaking of such m-m-matters out here. I-It would be better t-to speak in the comfort of your chambers....s-so that me and my "acquaintances" may calm down from our ordeal. B-Better to ask us w-with our minds clear...."

Chorden took the letter he had threatened to burn and quickly rolled it up. Though wishing to quickly escape the presence of the Medusa, he simply held it in the crook of his arm instead of simply storing it back into his container. After which he swiftly attempted to pass the Medusa to enter her chamber.
 
« Last Edit: Aug 30, 2017, 10:48 AM by ZigZagaroo »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #391 on: Aug 25, 2017, 11:06 PM »
Truman, with Oku, Room 10:
Spoiler: show
Agrimony squeaks. "I...might have something...but I haven't had to use it for some time. Please, get off the bridge, just in case..."

When you are clear, she stands fifteen feet from the suspicious wall, and her eyes begin to glow so bright a blue it shines through her bird mask. "The Glyph Witch said each of us have a gift...and this is mine!" From her hands, she unleashes a trio of brilliant blue missiles of magic energy. They crash into the wall and cast up a cloud of smoke (Aaron and Sovereign will hear this from the other side). When the smoke clears, there is a large crack in the wall, large enough to see into the next room and perhaps pass items through, but not large enough to move a person through.

You see a frenzy of action, and Sovereign fleeing the scene. Two molerat-cat chimera-looking things are running around causing trouble. After leaving Sovereign in poor shape, they seem to turn their attention to the next room as Sovereign escapes.
@Mister Kent:  3d4+3 Agrimony'sTrick = (2+2+4)+3 = 11

Aaron, Room 5:
Spoiler: show
"Shit, I was gonna study those monsters," Aaron curses under his breath. Oh well, better safe than sorry.

Dropping the fire, Aaron steps cautiously into Room 6, peering into the crack in the wall. "Hello?" he calls hesitantly, "Who's on the other side of this partition?" I really just want to get back to this puzzle, to be honest, but I can't just ignore this stupid crack, Aaron thinks impatiently.


Truman, with Oku, Room 10 (Speaking to Aaron through the hole in the wall):
Spoiler: show
"Excellent work, Agrimony!"

Truman gets up close to the hole in the wall and peer through it, seeing Aaron's face through the crack.

Well, better him than Sovereign.

"Grok! No time for pleasantries. I've got someone catatonic with me, affected by some kind of curse. We need someone who can speak infernal, or abyssal. I'm going to need you to get this door open, or, failing that, find Yoshiko and bring her here."

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #392 on: Aug 30, 2017, 06:35 AM »
Luis/Yoshiko, and the gang, Room 58:

Spoiler: show

"Ufufufu~"

Lucy tugged her Stone Boyfriend's arm and tapped her toecap on the floor.

"I suppose it's worth a shot then. Madam Von Klaw, where from here was your way into this maze? If we're venturing towards Orchidman territory, you'd best stay put here with my cleric whilst I have a chat with our lovestruck lich."

She turned to Luis.

"Unless you've got objections to this plan?"


*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #393 on: Aug 30, 2017, 04:48 PM »
Truman, with Oku, Room 10 (Speaking to Aaron through the hole in the wall):
Spoiler: show
"Excellent work, Agrimony!"

Truman gets up close to the hole in the wall and peer through it, seeing Aaron's face through the crack.

Well, better him than Sovereign.

"Grok! No time for pleasantries. I've got someone catatonic with me, affected by some kind of curse. We need someone who can speak infernal, or abyssal. I'm going to need you to get this door open, or, failing that, find Yoshiko and bring her here."

Aaron, Room 6:
Spoiler: show
"I can cast a spell that allows me to understand those languages, but I cannot speak them. Let me see if I can aid you in expanding this fissure so we can locate the feline one together."

Aaron raises his maul, slamming it against the wall with all his might.
@cuteapoot:  1d20+2 STR = (13)+2 = 15

OHHHHHHH YEAAAAAHHHH the maul smashes through the wall, the crack becoming a gaping hole as Aaron wipes the dust off of his crystal.

"Shall we prevail upon our feline friend for assistance?" Aaron grins proudly.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #394 on: Aug 31, 2017, 10:28 PM »
Yoshiko, and the gang, Rooms 58+:
Spoiler: show
Morgen Von Klaw points to the East room from here. "We came from east, and north. My men died in a room of total darkness, we could not see the ambush! Just blood, acid, and the stench of roses..."

To the east, a small metal creature appears in the doorway, like a moving sculpture or a living glyph. Where his head and hands should be there are only thick iron hoops. "Your name please, madame, so I may announce you to Xanthoceras, the Loving Lich." The sculpture golem speaks to you in a formal but youngish sounding voice. "I am Orloc, the Witch's Observer of Formalities. Only I may escort you to the lich's chamber."


Aaron/Truman, with Oku, Rooms 6/9:
Spoiler: show
Aaron:
The secret door shatters at the might of your weapon, uniting you with your human companion, Truman. He stands on a stone landing leading to a rope bridge. He has three bird-masked folks with him. The one in the red sweater seems comatose or possessed, and clutches a large stone chess bishop in his hand.


Truman:
Aaron looks little worse for wear, except now sporting some strange pig's-foot apparatus where his one foot would've been. There is the corpse of an old man in this room, and you glimpse a trio of silent knights idling in the other room (Room 5). No sign of your other companions.


Sovereign, Room 3:
Spoiler: show
You hear Aaron bring down the corner wall of Sanguifluus' room, and you hear the familiar voice of Truman as well.


Chorden, with Oku, Room 160:
Spoiler: show
The Medusa laughs softly. "Oh, these are not my private chambers. I am simply paying a visit to an old friend," she explains, and gestures to the cackling figure sitting on a plush crescent-shaped couch. He appears to be an undead lizardman, his head almost skeletal, resembling a crocodile. "When I'm feeling down, I visit dear Draco. He always knows how to cheer me up." Once everyone is inside the large room, the Medusa closes the door, leaving the Curator to await on the other side.

She frowns at the presence of the Oku, who chatter quietly and wait for their chance to make a break for it. The Medusa ignores them for the moment and turns to you. "I'm sure you didn't cross dimensions just to antagonize my house staff," she says in a silky whisper. "Now, what is it you came here for? My vast riches? Or did you come to free one of my prisoners? Either way, I'm not sure it's going to turn out like you'd hoped." She laughs briefly. "Er, sorry to say."

« Last Edit: Aug 31, 2017, 10:30 PM by Mister Kent »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #395 on: Sep 01, 2017, 08:23 AM »
Aaron, Room 5
Spoiler: show
Aaron takes a moment to scan his memory for any mention of bird-masked individuals from history, as well as what might be plaguing the one in red.
@cuteapoot:  1d20+4 History = (6)+4 = 10
@cuteapoot:  1d20+4 Arcana = (19)+4 = 23


A sudden pinch pulls Aaron out of his thoughts for a moment. Owl is hungry! Aaron absentmindedly hands his companion some rations. Owl hoots contentedly, then, upon a silent command from its master, flies south to find Yoshiko and the rest of Aaron's companions.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #396 on: Sep 07, 2017, 04:22 PM »
Aaron/Truman, with Oku, traveling thru Gardens:
Spoiler: show
The bird-people introduce themselves as "Oku". You know of no historical accounts describing such people, but the name brings to mind a very old myth. In this ancient pre-Fall belief, "Oku" was a trickster god in bird form, some accounts describe as a crow. He stole light from the sun and gave it to the moon, which is allegedly why the moon glows today. These people seem wholly convinced they are such trickster birds.

The leader of this small band, Agrimony, explains to Aaron that the trio pulled off a heist over East at the dinner halls, careful not to disturb the "Dead Wedding" taking place therein. There the Oku obtained the key to the Medusa's treasury, got chased off by a "gold soul", and met Truman, whom they offered a part of their take.

Now united, you travel into the Gardens to meet up with Yoshiko and Luis.

Room 28:
The first room is dark but full of healthy green vines littered with broken remains of black statues. The statues' features are shallow and suggestive rather than finely crafted. Mixed with the healthy vines there are also tangled masses of burned vines, courtesy of Aaron, who begins to explain what the birdlike Oku already claim to know--the vines magically animate the statues, who will attack but if antagonized. Aaron stuns them when he reveals that the sole surviving statue is now the ally of his friend Yoshiko. The vines seem to be growing back at an alarming rate.

There is a room to the immediate West that none in the party have explored yet, and rooms to the South that are unknown to Aaron. The room to the Northwest is...

Room 34:
In this quaint gardener's toolshed, where Aaron had acquired some tools to brace his leg, you see that a large crack has been made in the East wall, large enough to pass through. "Your friends must be seeking out our people," says Agrimony. "I hope they meet peacefully."

You crawl through the cracked wall, passing catatonic Tutsan through gently, and end up in...

Room 56:
Your feet set down on a soft carpet of moss and vines. The South half of the room has some half-rotten wooden benches like pews in a chapel. At the North of the room sits a cracked sarcophagus covered in thorny weeds. There is a small stone table in front of the sarcophagus with a trio of recently snuffed out votive candles. The sarcophagus lid remains closed but there are scratches at the seal, as if someone had previously tried to open it to get at the grave goods within.

Through the West and South walls you hear an echoing cackle from an adjacent room, a mad laughter that's not at all human. There is a door on the North wall, through which you find...

Room 55:
You blink as the light envelops you for a moment before dying down to a less blinding level. The entire floor of this room is an uneven mosaic of illuminated blocks made of a material like glass or cut gemstone. The tiles of the room ebb and flow with strange light, and once in a while reveal strange images on their glowing surface.

Very briefly you can clearly see several of the Queen of Void's White Jacquets walking down a familiar corridor, white armor gleaming under torchlight. You glimpse Lai Shan in what looks like her elven sleep-trance. You see a woman sitting in a drawing room, her face concealed by a nearly opaque veil. You see a strange snake-boy waving a wooden sword in the air.

All of these images are clear but fleeting, mere seconds long. Spending ten minutes to focus on any tile will give you a longer view, though you cannot control which room in the Maze you observe. The archer Oku Yarrow sighs with relief when reaching the room's Northeast door, opening up into...

Room 54:
The room is actually a large hallway surrounding a central closed off chamber. There are several more Oku here, who ease Tutsan onto a nearby bench. The door North is open, and through it you can see...

Room 58:
In here you find Yoshiko (in her "Lucky Lucy" clothes) and Luis, accompanied by the last remaining animated statue acting as "Lucky Lucy's" bodyguard.

There is another Oku in a dress (Kidney Vetch), and a human woman in paint-spackled armor (Lady Morgen Von Klaw). There is a strange white figure, a bald woman with antlers made of jet-black ink--Aelfadred, the Glyph Witch. Coded symbols flash above her head, and she speaks slowly as she decodes her own thoughts.

The room itself is lines with drop-cloth tapestries, and is being used as the Witch's painting studio. There is door to the East and West, and a North wall with 3 doors in it.


Yoshiko/Luis, with Oku, Morgen, Stone BF, Rooms 58+:
Spoiler: show
Listening to the Glyph Witch speak is an agonizing test of patience. By the time you are ready to move on and Orloc is ready to escort you, familiar faces arrive: Aaron and Truman.


Chorden, with Oku, Room 160:
Spoiler: show
The second the Medusa's glances off towards the hideously laughing Draco Scabra, Black Medick hands you the bag of spoils from the vault room, and Great Mullein begins to stir to consciousness. Though the bird masks are not that expressive, he looks at you with what you can only read as desperation.

"I carved out this little hollow between dimensions so I would not be disturbed, and both my prisoners and mementos would be secure," the Medusa explains. "But with each passing century I receive more and more visitors. It is me, or shouldn't some things remain sacred? I mean, isn't a girl entitled to a little privacy?" She retains her cool demeanor, but is mildly annoyed. "Now, what is it you wanted, again?"

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #397 on: Sep 07, 2017, 09:44 PM »
Yoshiko/Luis, with Oku, Morgen, Stone BF, Rooms 58+

Spoiler: show

"Oh my~ It seems we have..."

"Lucy" squinted at Truman and the bugbear. She made eye contact with Truman and glanced at the bugbear a few times. It was a kind of signal, one that pretty much meant "keep an eye on him and make sure he doesn't screw this up."

"...guests! Ah, a coincidence meeting you here~ These are fellow clients of mine. I'm helping them acquire new goods and... specimens from this here maze~ This Bugbear is an aspiring wizard you see. Looking for new fauna and species of beasts."

She stepped closer to the newly arrived pair and whispered from behind her sleeve.

"Bout time y'joined up. What's th' snitch?"

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #398 on: Sep 11, 2017, 09:39 AM »
Owl, lots of Rooms:
Spoiler: show
Owl begins its trip to find the lady with pointy ears. She's nice even though she looks scary. Owl hoots happily, hoping she gives treats.

As Owl flutters over the spinning shadow holes, a metallic sound rings out from a nearby room. Owl peeks its head into the big hall where the demon lady was. White Jacquets are entering the maze! Owl sends a silent message to Who. Receiving instructions back, Owl sets off to the north, dutifully abandoning the thoughts of pointy-ear lady giving treats as it glides off in search of the rest of the crew.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #399 on: Sep 11, 2017, 09:59 AM »
Aaron w/Yoshiko, Luis, Oku, Morgen, Stone BF, Rooms 58+
Spoiler: show
Seeing "Lucky Lucy", Aaron reprises his role as "Bugbear Customer 1."
@cuteapoot:  1d20 Performance = (10) = 10

"Bugbear Customer 1" turns to "Lucky Lucy." "YES I WOULD LIKE TWO FAUNAS PLEASE." Then, whispering behind his maul, "Truman made some new friends and one of them is possessed by a spell and can only speak Infernal and Abyssal. THANK YOU I WILL TAKE THOSE FAUNAS THEY ARE EXCELLENT WARES EVERYONE SHOULD BUY FROM LUCKY LUCY, BECAUSE SHE ALWAYS HAS EXCELLENT PRODUCTS FOR REASONABLE PRICES." Aaron gives Yoshiko a big wink and pats her on the back, knocking her slightly off balance.

Nailed it, "Bugbear Customer 1" thinks to himself.

 

Newest Comments -


Newest Characters -

 
CrocoRocioKotSister KiteriaGhostThe Abominable Dr. HoangAshlanEgg DealerAstroleoAzu FloresSehemaThe Professors
 

Open Challenges -



Latest Topics -

 
2018 Secret Santa! 
Last updated: Orion - Today at 02:51 AM
Banners for VOID 5.99 
Last updated: Shen - Nov 16, 2018, 11:55 PM
Challenges Thread 
Last updated: Miss Jetster Fukken Jay ❤︎ - Nov 16, 2018, 03:05 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Nov 16, 2018, 08:24 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Desichan - Nov 15, 2018, 11:35 PM
 

Latest Members -


Users online -

 
19 Guests, 3 Users


[]

Most Online Today: 88.
Most Online Ever: 1,050 (Aug 30, 2015, 03:43 AM)

 

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us