IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #350 on: Aug 20, 2017, 10:44 AM »
Sharis: Room 14 ITS COMBAT NOW MOTHERFUCKERS
Spoiler: show


As the strange creature lurches forward, Sharis pulls his hand axes free from his sides as his body tenses up, letting the rage take hold throughout.

"Excellent! I was worried for a moment that a simple greeting might have worked!"

The Triton lunges forward, swinging his axe wildly with a shout.

Sharis activates his rage, activating the 3rd adn final use until a long rest. He also uses Reckless attack to gain advantage to attack, and giving enemies advantage to attack him
Sharis rolls to attack with Handaxe: 1d20+6  = (20)+6 = 26
Not gonna bother rolling a second one, but Reckless attack was called prior.
Damage:  2d6+6= (2+5)+6 = 13 slashing


Minions, assemble!

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #351 on: Aug 20, 2017, 01:24 PM »
Luis, along with Luck Lucy, Stone Boyfriend, Lady Morgen Von Klaw, and Kidney Vetch; Room 34-55
Spoiler: show


"Where did you get that pot-... What are you doing with that cloth- Kyaaagh!" He screeched, as he turned around flustered "Cat, what the shit!?"
Luis stayed like this for some time, and only moved his head back to Yoshiko once she cleared her throat... And started using her other voice.

"You know? I think I prefer your original accent, makes you sound cute-eeerrrrrrrrrrr-Less annoying!"
Sparkly groaned, avoiding eye contact with Lucky Lucy

Mindlessly, he followed her slowly, not speaking another word. While his shoulder felt a bit better from lack of movement, it still pulsated. There was no point in trying to use his magic, it didn't work on himself for some odd reason unknown to him; And what would the Healer's Kit do now that the improvised arm sling made out of his shirt hadn't done?

He wasn't aware of his sorroundings until another female voice filled the room. His fur bristled a bit when the crossbow started aiming at them.
Yoshiko Lucky Lucy took the initiative and started talking, trying diplomacy before things turned south.

When she introduced Luis as her Cleric under a contract, he couldn't help himself but raise an eyebrow and subtly growl at Cat.
He spaced out again while the two ladies traded information, but was called back by her employer telling Luis to act on.

"Don't tell me what to do you dumb cat" Muttered back "Of course, Lady Lucy"
He then approached the wounded knight, and kneeled next to her.
"Greetings, Lady Von Klaw, as my acquaintance introduced me, I am Luis Rios" He said, as he slowly took out the Healer's Kit from his backpack "May I treat your wounds?" continuing to take out medicinal tools and some cleaner bandages.

"Stupid numbskulled feline, using me as a way to negotiate. A cleric's role is to help everyone in need, I swear I am going to yell at her face once we're done in here. Oh, she's gonna get it. Keep that smug while you can. Soon you'll be known as UNlucky Lucy..."

He stopped his thought before he twisted his own face into a frown.

Feature: Healer's Calm

Healers are almost universally seen positively. They can gain the trust of almost any intelligent creature that is sick or hurt if they present themselves as willing to help. Even hostile creatures will often let a healer approach them to render aid. This effect is instantly negated if the healer or their companions acts with hostility.


"You also have my condolences for your fallen [comrades]. I'll pray for their safe travel"
Now focused, he quietly continued listening to the interchange of words. Hoping to find something that could help them fight these Orchid Men should they encounter some.

However... Luis seemed to be hesitant to go on with this "This... Is quite embarassing, but as you may see, I'm in an event where I only have one arm available..." The cleric gestured at Kidney "Could you please hold this for me while I continue to patch our Knight's wounds?" He said, handing a vase, which seemed to contain an ointment, to Kidney "My thanks"



« Last Edit: Aug 20, 2017, 02:41 PM by elge »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #352 on: Aug 20, 2017, 03:19 PM »
Sharis: Room 14 ITS COMBAT NOW MOTHERFUCKERS
Spoiler: show


As the strange creature lurches forward, Sharis pulls his hand axes free from his sides as his body tenses up, letting the rage take hold throughout.

"Excellent! I was worried for a moment that a simple greeting might have worked!"

The Triton lunges forward, swinging his axe wildly with a shout.

Sharis activates his rage, activating the 3rd adn final use until a long rest. He also uses Reckless attack to gain advantage to attack, and giving enemies advantage to attack him
Sharis rolls to attack with Handaxe: 1d20+6  = (20)+6 = 26
Not gonna bother rolling a second one, but Reckless attack was called prior.
Damage:  2d6+6= (2+5)+6 = 13 slashing



Sharis > Orchids > Lai Shan > Seth > Ashen, Room 14 ROUND ONE:
Spoiler: show
Sharis cleaves into the fist attacking orchidman with his axe! (OM1 -13hp) The creature's wound bubbles and pops. In return the creature attempts to grapple Sharis with its long tendril fingers, and spews acid on the Triton's axe-arm (Sharis -4hp). Sharis is a slippery fishman, and heroically wriggles out of the orchid's grasp.

The second orchidman wraps its tendrils around Ashen--she writhes to reach her blade but cannot escape its grasp! The drooling menace sprays acidic nectar onto her shoulder (Ashen -4hp).

The final orchidman sprays acid in arcs, attempting to hit Seth and Lai Shan, but its acid lands on the ceiling and walls of the room.

OM1 - grapple Sharis, spit attack
   @Mister Kent: 1d20+1 OMgrappleSharis = (12)+1 = 13
Sharis' STR save w/ adv > @GPS/Will:  1d20+6  = (16)+6 = 22, @GPS/Will:  1d20+6  = (3)+6 = 9
   @Mister Kent: 1d20+3 acidspit = (3)+3 = 6
   @Mister Kent: 1d20+3 acidspitADVANTAGE = (17)+3 = 20
   @Mister Kent: 1d10 aciddamSharis = (4) = 4
OM2 - grapple Ashen, spit attack
   @Mister Kent: 1d20+1 OMgrappleAshen = (14)+1 = 15
   @Mister Kent: 1d20 AshenDexSave = (8.) = 8
   @Mister Kent: 1d20+3 OMacidspitAshen = (19)+3 = 22
   @Mister Kent: 1d10 aciddamAshen = (4) = 4
OM3 - spit attacks
   @Mister Kent: 1d20+3 acidspitLaiShan = (6)+3 = 9
   @Mister Kent: 1d20+3 acidspitSeth = (6)+3 = 9
« Last Edit: Aug 20, 2017, 06:19 PM by Mister Kent »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #353 on: Aug 20, 2017, 06:26 PM »
Lai Shan, Room 14 [COMBAT!]

Spoiler: show
1d20+6 Lai Shan Attacking with Shortsword vs Orchidman = (5)+6 = 11 [MISS!]
1d20+6 Lai Shan Attacking with Unarmed Strike vs Orchidman = (11)+6 = 17 [HIT!]
1d4+4 Unarmed Damage = (4)+4 = 8 Bludgeoning Damage

As soon as the Orchidmen close in to strike, Lai Shan springs into action, flicking her sword loose from its scabbard with an elegant flourish. Skidding to Lady Ashen's side, she cuts past the assailing Orchid with a horizontal cut that only scrapes off the creature's membrane. Using her turning momentum, she plants her heel into the soil, spins around leaning backward as she raises her back leg to let loose a devastating back heel roundhouse, aimed right at the Orchid's head!

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #354 on: Aug 20, 2017, 06:35 PM »
Luis, along with Luck Lucy, Stone Boyfriend, Lady Morgen Von Klaw, and Kidney Vetch; Room 55:
Spoiler: show
"You also have my condolences for your fallen [comrades]. I'll pray for their safe travel"
Now focused, he quietly continued listening to the interchange of words. Hoping to find something that could help them fight these Orchid Men should they encounter some.

However... Luis seemed to be hesitant to go on with this "This... Is quite embarassing, but as you may see, I'm in an event where I only have one arm available..." The cleric gestured at Kidney "Could you please hold this for me while I continue to patch our Knight's wounds?" He said, handing a vase, which seemed to contain an ointment, to Kidney "My thanks"

Kidney Vetch chirps excitedly and assists you in any way you need, like nurse to a doctor. Morgen Von Klaw feels more at ease once you are present. "Thank you, priest," she says quietly, and puts away her crossbow.

She addresses "Lucy" once more. "Maybe if I could just make it back to the staircase I could leave, back to the island. Unless it only works one way. But I don't know of another way out..."

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #355 on: Aug 20, 2017, 08:13 PM »
Luis, along with Luck Lucy, Stone Boyfriend, Lady Morgen Von Klaw, and Kidney Vetch; Room 55:

Spoiler: show

"Very well! We shall provide protection services all the way to your point of entry~ In exchange..."

Lucy tapped her chin with a single finger.

"How about say... a token sum of money... about 75 gold for each of us... and everything you know about this Zamia Torn and its location."

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #356 on: Aug 20, 2017, 08:59 PM »
Luis, along with Lucky Lucy, Stone Boyfriend, Lady Morgen Von Klaw, and Kidney Vetch; Room 55
Spoiler: show

"There, that should keep you going, [Lady] Von Klaw" He exhaled happily as he finished patching her.
Starting then to gather his tools

"Very well! We shall provide protection services all the way to your point of entry~ In exchange..."

Lucy tapped her chin with a single finger.

"How about say... a token sum of money... about 75 gold for each of us... and everything you know about this Zamia Torn and its location."

"Yoshiko!" He snapped, turning around wildly. "We are NOT taking advantage of scared and wounded souls to gain profit! They have already been through enough!"
Luis started breathing heavily, with his fur bristled, showing his teeth threateningly at Lucky Lucy.
However, along with his breathing, he would make a pain face caused by the injured shoulder.
« Last Edit: Aug 20, 2017, 09:01 PM by elge »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #357 on: Aug 20, 2017, 09:31 PM »
Luis, along with Lucky Lucy, Stone Boyfriend, Lady Morgen Von Klaw, and Kidney Vetch, Room 55:
Spoiler: show
Morgen considers the offer of employment. "Hm, seventy-five each--you, your cleric, and the golem? Ah, I'd say your price is right, especially in--"

Both she and Kidney Vetch pause when Luis lashes out at "Yoshiko". "Um, is there a problem?" Morgen asks. "As I said, your price is right...'Yoshiko', was it?"

Kidney nervously excuses herself, and exits to the room East. She leaves the door open part way and you can see other bird-masks gathering around her.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #358 on: Aug 20, 2017, 09:32 PM »
Luis, along with Lucky Lucy, Stone Boyfriend, Lady Morgen Von Klaw, and Kidney Vetch; Room 55
Spoiler: show

This. Wretched. Mutt. It's about time, "Lucy" thought, to teach this imbecile a thing or two about cooperation and what happens if you do not do so when negotiating a deal where all parties benefit and instead sell off your own partner. FOR A COMPLETELY LEGITIMATE TRANSACTION.

But first she must fix the main issue. With a tried and tested method she found when someone made a mistake regarding her real name.

"First of all, cover your nose... snout when you sneeze! Is this how you treat your patients, sneezing on them!? What if they get disease! This how clerics treat patients these days!?"

She turned to Lady Morgan.

"Pardon my cleric's outburst. He makes the strangest of sneezes when he is angered and he's been through much. Got punched in the shoulder as you can see. As compensation for the sneeze, I'll reduce the protection fees that my cleric is unaware is very much a steal already to... 75G each for me and my golem partner. The cleric shall work for free. Oh and the name is "Lucy"."


@Jiisuri:  1d20+3 deception = (10)+3 = 13


« Last Edit: Aug 20, 2017, 09:34 PM by Jiisuri »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #359 on: Aug 20, 2017, 09:44 PM »
Lucky Lucy, along with Luis, Stone Boyfriend, Lady Morgen Von Klaw, and Kidney Vetch, Room 55:
Spoiler: show
Lucky Lucy:
Morgen nods, and offers her good hand in agreement. "A deal, then, Miss Lucy. Get me out of here alive and I'm sure the Warsaw Company can afford a substantial bonus for you," she says. Stone Boyfriend mimics your behavior and goes to shake her hand as well, though it was not requested. He then shakes your hand.

Morgen then leads you into the East room, which is actually wide hallway that goes all the way around a central room and has exits North and East. Several bird-masked humanoids are lined up in the hall, plucking familiar looking vines out of the wall. Kidney Vetch returns with pruning shears and tries to keep the plant growth at bay.

Kidney waves you all over. "Ah! These regrow twice as fast now...I think Zamia Torn's chamber has to have the answer, but no one can get close. Aelfadred the Glyph Witch, our leader might know how we can get in safely."

"What about an exit?" Morgan asks you. "If we go the way I got in, we'll have to right past the orchids, unless you know any other way..."

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #360 on: Aug 20, 2017, 10:02 PM »
Lucky Lucy, along with Luis, Stone Boyfriend, Lady Morgen Von Klaw, and Kidney Vetch, Room 55:
Spoiler: show

"I'd advise against my entry point. You've dealt hands with the Syndicate from the sounds of it so I'll give you a freebie; there would be White Jacquets there. Out of one hell and into another, I'd say."

"Lucy" clapped her paws together.

"So we shall go whence you came in. But not immediately. If we are to make it though safely, it'd be best to deal with the root of the problem wouldn't it? I say we rendezvous with your leader, Miss Kidney."

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #361 on: Aug 20, 2017, 11:15 PM »
Truman, with Oku, Room 10:
Spoiler: show
Agrimony throws up her hands while Yarrow shakes Tutsan. "It only started when he grabbed that chess piece!" Agrimony sighs. "We need to get a move on..."

"Sounds like some demon stuff," Yarrow guesses. "Uh, I don't know Infernal...or Abyssal, or what-have-you! The Glyph Witch back at the hideout, she does!"


Truman, with Oku, Room 10:
Spoiler: show
"You know, I might just know someone else who can help us. Friend of mine, a merchant, picked up some Infernal in her travels. I'd like to check with her first, if there's no problem."

Truman studies the room's exits, and realizes that one leads directly toward the corridor where the party split.

"It's this way. Let's get a move on."

Knowing them, that damn dog has gotten them all into trouble by now.

Truman once again rallies the Oku to lift Tutsan up and move out.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #362 on: Aug 20, 2017, 11:29 PM »
Truman, with Oku, Room 10:
Spoiler: show

You move South across the rope bridge until you reach the large hall with a colorful mural (Room 7). When you approach the entrance, a hissing voice calls out:

"The first to cross these coils must dance,
The second, sing to safety reach,
The third must bleed or risk mischance,
The fourth one dies between my teeth!

But three have passed my coils today
Upon the fourth I'll slake my thirst
If any more come through this way
The fifth one I shall count as first
Those who fail this test are fools
The wise will always heed my rules!"

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #363 on: Aug 21, 2017, 01:03 AM »
Seth, Room 14 [COMBAT]
Spoiler: show
[Seth attacks with Longbow: 1d20+5  = (15)+5 = 20]
[Damage: 1d8  = (1)+3 = 4 piercing damage]


As the Orchidman attempted to spray its acid towards Seth's and Lai Shan's directions, the shady woodsman took its clumsy aim as an opportunity to gain some distance away, keeping a firm grip on his longbow. He readies his aim at the spitting creature and with a 'twang!' sound, he shoots the arrow towards his target.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #364 on: Aug 21, 2017, 09:06 PM »
Aaron, rooms 5/6
Spoiler: show
Aaron scans through his mental library, pulling down several books on magical creatures, medical research, and the natural world. These creatures are new;
 abominations formed from suturing together existing creatures rather than creatures born of blood or magic. "I must study them," Aaron says under his breath,
 stepping closer behind Sovereign.
@cuteapoot:  1d20+4 Arcana = (10)+4 = 14

"Sovereign," Aaron mutters, "whatever you do, ensure that you maintain at least one of these chimeras whole." Having spoken his request, Aaron extends his simian arm, thrusting forward with his glaive into the nearest ratleopard, skewering the surprised creature as it writhes away from Aaron's blade.
@cuteapoot:  1d20+4 Glaive vs ratleopard = (13)+4 = 17
@cuteapoot:  1d10+2  = (10)+2 = 12 Damage vs ratleopard


The pair of macabre beasts hiss in anger, vile intent flashing across their abhorrent visages, and turn their attention toward Aaron and his occult companion.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #365 on: Aug 21, 2017, 09:30 PM »


Sharis > Orchids > Lai Shan > Seth > Ashen, Room 14 ROUND ONE END:
Spoiler: show
Ashen screams as the acid hits her shoulder, but shortly the terrified scream becomes a shriek of pleasure. She stops resisting the orchidman's grip, and lets the hateful juice boil her flesh. An exhilarated smile grows on her face...

END ROUND ONE
Total damage this round: Sharis -4hp, Ashen -4hp, OM1 -13hp, OM2 -8hp, OM3 -4hp
ROUND TWO begins with Sharis


Luis/Yoshiko, with Stone BF, Morgen, and Kidney, Room 58:
Spoiler: show
Kidney Vetch leads the group through the North door, where you step down into a medium-sized dwelling. The floor and walls are lines with drop linens to cover the vine growth. Some of the cloth is spattered with paint, as the North half of the room seems to be in use as a paint studio. In the corner is a stack of extra bird-masks. There at an easel, painting on a stretch of animal hide, sits a gaunt figure.

The Glyph Witch, Aelfadred, has chalk-white skin and is completely bald. Her large eyes periodically flicker strange static. Her body has tiny black symbols painted on it in fresh ink. From her forehead, two spires of ink rise up like antlers. These ink-antlers form a flat table in mid-air, whereupon multiple cryptic glyphs appear. The glyphs change speed and formation with the flow of the Aelfadred's thoughts.

Seeing the new arrivals, she rises from her painting to meet you, eyes flickering as she processes the proper greeting. Her words are always slow and deliberate, as if she must concentrate to translate thoughts to speech.

"...Helllo. Laady Von Klawww, I trussst you are resssting welll? But y-y-youuu? I haave not haad the pleasssure! I amm Aelfadreddd, the Glyphhh Witchhh, trusted serrrvant and guide to the Okuuu."

She walks over to you at a brisk pace and ushers the five of you inside. "...Noww, what bringsss you to the Maaaze? You will find little here but deathhhh, I'm afraaaid." The witch grins coyly. "Deathhh, and love, and sadnessss."

"Kidneyyy says you seeeek the source of the vines? And the orchidsss? The answer lies with the goddess Zamia Torn...and the poor lich in love with her!"


Chorden, with Oku, the Archive Chase:
Spoiler: show
Having leapt upon Dark Mullein shoulders, you look back as you enter the next room. Tiny Great Mullein has fallen behind, and the Curator gains. You have a clear view now of his grotesque form, stomping like a stone spider.

"We need to turn here!" Black Medick yells, motioning to the East, where stands a normal-sized but heavy-looking iron door. "Get inside and seal it behind us!"
« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2017, 06:52 PM by Mister Kent »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #366 on: Aug 21, 2017, 10:18 PM »
Sharis: Room 14 Combat Round 2
Spoiler: show


Sharis casts aside the orchid man's attempt to snare him and grunts as the acid hisses against his skin. With a fury, Sharis slams the blade of his axe into the creature's shoulder, and ripping it free, uses the added momentum of his twist to bring his second straight into the creature's torso.

The orchid man shudders after the second strike, and it's bloom of a head ruptures into a final spray of acid as it dies. Sharis ducks, only just barely able to get out of the way.


Reckless attack as usual: First strike, 1d20+6= (10)+6= 16
1d20+6=(10)+6= 16
Damage: 1d6+6= (4)+6= 10
Second strike: 1d20+6= (16)+6= 22
1d20+6= (18)+6= 24
Damage: 1d6+2= (6)+2= 8
Total Damage= 18
Dex Saves Against Acid Difficulty 12
Sharis Dex save against acid: 2d20k1+2 = (10+5)+2 = 12
Lai Shan Dex Save vs Acid: 1d20+6= (17)+6 = 23
 Seth Dex Save vs Acid: 1d20+5 = (9)+5 = 14

Minions, assemble!

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #367 on: Aug 21, 2017, 10:22 PM »
Luis/Yoshiko, with Stone BF, Morgen, and Kidney

Spoiler: show

"Lucky Lucy. Just a wandering merchant of all wares looking for new goods~"

She bowed.

"And I am here with my fine newly acquired golem companion and a Cleric under my employ. Lady Von Klaw just hired us to escort her back from whence she came, but to do so would require we... fix this Orchid man issue. Now then."

Lucy placed her paws on her cheeks in a coy fashion.

"Do tell us of this tale of love~ I do very much enjoy these~"

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #368 on: Aug 21, 2017, 10:30 PM »
Sharis > Orchids > Lai Shan > Seth > Ashen, Room 14 ROUND TWO:
Spoiler: show
The remaining orchidmen gurgle in appreciation of their brother's sacrifice. The drooling creature still holding Ashen in its viney grasp turns to spray acid at Sharis, its streams of corrosive nectar going wide of the mark. The other remaining orchidman attempts the same trick on Lai Shan, but the shadow monk proves too evasive for the monster's streams.

OM2 - holding Ashen, adv attack on Sharis
   @Mister Kent: 2d20k1+3 OM2vsSharis = (3+1)+3 = 6
OM3 - acid attacks on Lai Shan
   @Mister Kent: 1d20+3 OM3attack1vsLaiShan = (9)+3 = 12
   @Mister Kent: 1d20+3 OM3attack2vsLaiShan = (6)+3 = 9


Aaron > Ratleopards > Sovereign, Room 5, ROUND ONE:
Spoiler: show
First move goes to Aaron. Your glaive was not corroded upon contact with the enemy.
@cuteapoot: 1d20 = (2) = 2
« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2017, 02:47 PM by Mister Kent »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #369 on: Aug 22, 2017, 12:19 AM »
Lai Shan, Room 14 [COMBAT!]
Spoiler: show

1d20+6 Lai Shan Attacking with Shortsword vs Orchidman = (7)+6 = 13 [HIT!]
1d6+4 Shortsword Damage = (6)+4 = 10 piercing damage
1d20+6 Lai Shan Attacking with Unarmed Strike vs Orchidman = (15)+6 = 21 [HIT!]
1d4+4 Unarmed Strike Damage = (1)+4 = 5 bludgeoning damage

Hearing Ashen's cry(?), Lai Shan feels the urgency to strike down Ashen's assailant. Lai Shan coils back, leveling her blade and tucking her elbow back before thrusting her blade deep into what would normally be the nape of the creature's neck. In one fluid motion, she withdraws her sword, exposing the open wound, steps forward and strikes the back of the creature's head with a powerful palm thrust, tearing open the wound and prying open the creature's neck from behind. Unexpectedly, the orchid creature sprays a geyser of acidic nectar from its severed neckhole!

1d20+6 Lai Shan Dex Save = (2)+6 = 8
1d10 Ouch acid burns = (4) = 4 acid damage

"Ow! Ugh!"

The scalding acid sears Lai Shan's overextended arm, but she shakes it off and returns to her fighting posture, looking out for her next target.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #370 on: Aug 22, 2017, 06:01 AM »
Seth, Room 14 [COMBAT]
Spoiler: show
1d20+5 Seth attacking Orchidman with Longbow = (9)+5 = 14
1d8+3 Damage: (1)+3 = 4 piercing damage


Staying some distance away from the orchidmen proved to be a good idea after all as Seth continued to avoid being sprayed by the creatures' acids as they croaked. He certainly doesn't want to get his hands any messier than they should be but he's gotta make it easier for his two teammates after all.

As soon as the elf monk had finished slaying the one of the orchidman, Seth grabs another one of his arrows and shoots at his same target as before, the third orchidman.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #371 on: Aug 22, 2017, 05:41 PM »
Truman, with Oku, Room 10:
Spoiler: show

You move South across the rope bridge until you reach the large hall with a colorful mural (Room 7). When you approach the entrance, a hissing voice calls out:

"The first to cross these coils must dance,
The second, sing to safety reach,
The third must bleed or risk mischance,
The fourth one dies between my teeth!

But three have passed my coils today
Upon the fourth I'll slake my thirst
If any more come through this way
The fifth one I shall count as first
Those who fail this test are fools
The wise will always heed my rules!"

Truman, with Oku, Room 10:
Spoiler: show
"...Forget that."

Truman leads the Oku back to room 10. They set Tutsan down again,
and Truman sets to work cutting the rope holding up the middle bridge to ensure that no one is tempted to enter the mural room again.

When he finishes, as he picks Tutsan back up, Truman asks the Oku if the bridge Southwest would also lead to the room he last saw his friend enter, and if so, barring any other complications, he prepares to head that way.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #372 on: Aug 22, 2017, 06:34 PM »
Luis/Yoshiko, and the gang, Room 58:
Spoiler: show
After the most agonizing of dramatic pauses, Aelfadred tells the tale of Three Goddesses: Chronia, Charity, and Zamia Torn, who millennia ago served as the innocent figureheads of a monstrous regime, the Triarchy. To end the Triarchy's war with the waning Reptile Empire, two leading ministers, Xanthoceras the Necromancer and Chancellor Sophronia Wort, teamed with Reptile Empire's Ambassador Draco Scabra to imprison them forever in the Medusa's infamous Maze.

Xanthoceras was ever a black-hearted necromancer and grew to be a powerful lich--until he fell in love with Zamia Torn. This was an epic, laws-of-physics-defying kind of love. Now instead of spreading decay, Xanthocera's presence in the Maze spreads life--a wild, cancerous, throbbing surplus of LIFE. Everything is infected with his heartache, right down to the garden's statues. And it's only gotten stronger since Zamia's recent attempted suicide.

"...Thisss love will kill us all," the Glyph Witch warns you. Kidney Vetch squeaks and twitters with worry.

Morgen finds a wooden chair in the corner of the room to rest on. "So, Lucy, what's the plan? This garden is even deadlier than when we got here."


Sharis > Orchids > Lai Shan > Seth > Ashen, Room 14, ROUND TWO END:
Spoiler: show
When the orchidman holding her dies, Ashen Chanterelle is struck with a numb sensation, staggering back against the wall. She closes her eyes, and with most depraved grin on her face reaches her hand to her acid-drenched shoulder. She grasps at the wound, slathering acid up and down her arm, across her collarbone, spreading acid and causing further damage (-3hp to Ashen).

@Mister Kent:  1d4  = (3) = 3 extra acid dam
ROUND THREE begins with Sharis - Sharis, please make a WIS save/DC 15 or spend your next turn doing the same to your wound, spreading the acid and incurring 1d4 extra damage.



Truman, with Oku, Room 10:
Spoiler: show
Agrimony isn't certain. "Hmm, that way isn't known to us-oku. I think it might open...from the other side-oku..." You can see that the bridge ends up at a stone ledge but no discernable door.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #373 on: Aug 22, 2017, 06:54 PM »
Luis/Yoshiko, and the gang, Room 58:

Spoiler: show

"Ufufu~ I did say the solution is to fix the root of the problem didn't I, Lady Von Klaw?"

Lucy turned back to Aelfadred.

"So, how can we meet this Necromancer and Goddess? I'd say its time to negotiate with them~ Maybe offer them a matchmaking service. One honeymoon out of this dungeon perhaps~"


Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #374 on: Aug 22, 2017, 08:43 PM »
Chorden, with the Bird-Brained Bandits, the Archive chase
Spoiler: show
Perception check:
@ZigZagaroo: 1d20+7 = (5)+7 = 12


Chorden looked upon these iron doors with such excited eyes, overjoyed by the thought of his escape from this nightmarish scenario. At the corner of his eye he couldn't help but also make out two tables across the room from where they were. One carrying an assortment of colorful flowers, the other merely covered by a large cloth to hide it's contents. However, given their current situation there was no time to take notice of such things, only to exit this place at once.

Giving a quick glance back Chorden saw how far the shortest of the Bird-Brained Bandits had fallen back, surely what would have happened to him had he not climbed onto the largest of the three. Behind him he saw all too clearly the Curator, in all it's morbid glory as it gained further speeds. At this rate the smallest would surely be caught and crushed in mere moments.

"Fine, if his death means the safety of us all then so be it. Afterall, the fault falls on the three, recklessly chasing into danger without any plan to avoid such an encounter as this. Well I certainly hope a few old dusty books was wort..."

And it was at that thought Chorden strung up an idea. Jumping down from the largest of the Bird-Brain Bandits he quickly opened his map container to pull out the old letter. After unrolling it, he turning to the leader in read and asked," Quick hand me your torch. If this works we could all leave here alive!.."







 

Newest Comments -

 
Desichan icon

Conway Convict
Conway

@ 11:01 AM Dec 15th

Julz icon

Fred v2.0.1
@ 3:34 PM Dec 14th

KarmaLarma icon

Intro Story
Kindervampen

@ 1:50 PM Dec 14th

 

Newest Characters -

 
KindervampenCrocoRocioKotSister KiteriaGhostThe Abominable Dr. HoangAshlanEgg DealerAstroleoAzu FloresSehema
 

Open Challenges -

 
No Open Challenges
 


Latest Topics -

 
ELECTION 2018 Art Jam 
Last updated: Pita - Today at 12:31 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Today at 01:49 AM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Dec 13, 2018, 10:11 PM
Wii/Wii U/3DS/whatever Nintendo Network IDs! and also PSN 
Last updated: PyrasTerran - Dec 12, 2018, 07:23 PM
2018 Secret Santa! 
Last updated: Shen - Dec 12, 2018, 02:30 PM
 

Latest Members -


Users online -

 
66 Guests, 6 Users


[] [Think Tank]

Most Online Today: 83.
Most Online Ever: 1,050 (Aug 30, 2015, 03:43 AM)

 

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us