IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #275 on: Aug 06, 2017, 11:47 AM »
Lai Shan/Seth/Sharis, with Ashen, Room 25:
Spoiler: show

As you gather the scattered treasure, a figure from the North appears in the hallway, barely illuminated by a tall handheld candle, everything around you slows down. Words left unsaid hang on the tips of your tongues, and time itself seems to pause in respect for her arrival.

A tall, curvy young woman with white-blonde hair appears at the farthest end of the North hall, wearing cascades of glistening gold and amber jewelry, and nothing else. She holds out the candle in front of her to get a better look at the group of you.

"Hello? Are you new visitors?" she asks curiously. "I am Chronia Torn. What are you doing out here?"

Ashen Chanterelle immediately drops to her knees, lowers her face, and presents her holy symbol, which Chronia clearly recognizes. "You're traveling with one of ours? So you're all pilgrims, then? If so, please, come inside a moment, before more scarabs escape the private collection." She points East to the Almery, and North to her chamber. By this time the once tall candle is already down to a waxy stub in her hand.

Waiting behind her is a stubby little chalk-white creature, roughly bulldog-shaped but with a flat piranha-like face and a ridge of spines on its back like a lionfish. "Come, visitors! Fracture-of-the-Bone won't bite unless asked politely." The stubby piranha-dog snorts happily and goes to each of you to sniff a hand or leg.

The wind in the hall continues to move Westward at jagged intervals, and child-snake Gibba has already disappeared East in the purple darkness, gibbering to himself.


Spoiler: show
Lai Shan eyed the new 'host' up and down. There's no where she could possibly be hiding a weapon, which means she's either harmless, or possibly the most dangerous threat in this maze.

Immediately, she beamed a friendly smile. "I'm glad you'll have us Ms. Torn, I'm very excited to be here! Everything I've seen in here so far has been far beyond my wildest imagination. I would love to see more!"

As the group is prompted to proceed forwards, Lai Shan hangs back behind Ashen. As the piranha-pug makes its rounds sniffing each of them, Lai Shan takes note of it and of Chronia's diminishing candle and makes a few mental notes:

Be on alert for sudden temperature changes, don't let the lady touch you. Also, apply new perfume before fleeing.

[OOC: Lai Shan rolling Insight to discern Chronia's possible intent: 1d20+2 = (13)+2 = 15]
« Last Edit: Aug 06, 2017, 11:50 AM by A Bad Idea »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #276 on: Aug 06, 2017, 07:34 PM »


Aaron/Luis/Sovereign/Yoshiko, with Boyfriend Statue, Room 28, ROUND SEVEN:
Spoiler: show
INITIATIVE
Luis > 19 (pencil!)
Owl > 16 (HOOT, also time shenanigans)
#1 Stone Boyfriend > 16 (attacking S2)
Bad Statue 2 > 16 (attacking Boyfriend)


The fire from Aaron's last attack does lingering harm to all of the remaining statues. Statue 3 is standing in close enough proximity that Aaron, Luis, and Sovereign can see its vines sizzle and begin to fall off.

Luis's pencil attack reaves a large crack down Statue 3's chest. As the last standing statue within the trio's reach, it grasps desperately for Luis, but crumples to the floor in defeat.

Yoshiko's slingstone takes Statue 2 out at the knee, and it lands on the ground with a THUNK. The protective Statue 1 makes use of the opening Yoshiko has made--once its companion drops to the floor, the "stone boyfriend" kicks the offending golem to dusty shards.

Stone Boyfriend drags his feet, and drops to one knee. It's impossible to tell when such a creature is "tired", but it appears to be losing speed, and vines.

@Mister Kent: 1d20+3 S2versusBoyfriendo = (7)+3 = 10
@Mister Kent: 1d20+3 Boyfriendo = (14)+3 = 17
@Mister Kent: 1d8 BoyfriendoAttack = (4) = 4

Combat has ended!
Aaron, Luis, Yoshiko, Sovereign > 400 XP each
Yoshiko > +125 XP for the Id Pig
Sovereign > +Inspiration for the pragmatic way you handled Sanguifluus


Lai Shan/Seth/Sharis, with Ashen, Room 27:
Spoiler: show


Immediately, she beamed a friendly smile. "I'm glad you'll have us Ms. Torn, I'm very excited to be here! Everything I've seen in here so far has been far beyond my wildest imagination. I would love to see more!"
[OOC: Lai Shan rolling Insight to discern Chronia's possible intent: 1d20+2 = (13)+2 = 15]
Lai Shan:
Chronia is slightly taken aback by your enthusiasm, but returns your smile. "Oh...okay. That's a little weird. Most people are sobbing messes by the time they reach the center of the Maze. Still, it's nice that you're not like that. I mean, I'm glad." She smiles a little nervously.

To your keen and experienced eye, you see the woman bare, and not just physically. She seems lonely and eager to entertain visitors, and she's more than a little tipsy. She searches your face and each of your party members' faces. For every smile she sees, her own grin brightens.

As she enters her room, she chucks the candle stub in a wooden bucket with similar melted candles. "Come inside," she urges you.

Chronia Torn's huge room is a warm cocoon of rotting silk and reflected light from chandeliers 50-feet up. Everything is beautiful and bright and falling apart. You see screens made from stacked glass and polished bricks of semiprecious stone. The floor is pale quartz sand, inch-deep over the rotted remains of granite flags. There are low lumps of abraded stone and the remains of sculpture, the only art to last.

Chronia takes a seat on a small couch near the center of the room. Beyond her is a small spherical structure to the Northwest, where Fracture-of-the-Bone resides. The back of the room is guarded by two large figures. Two sinewy men with blue-black skin stand at attention, 7-feet tall from shoulders to toes. Upon their shoulders sit 2-foot tall hourglasses containing red-quart sand. They are armed with a long khopesh in each hand.

"Tell me everything about everything," Chronia says as she sits, and offers you all cushioned stools close to her couch. Not too close, however. She drinks straight from a bottle of dark red wine.

Ashen introduces your group as her saviors. She especially notes the fact that Sharis the Triton personally protects her, and two of the other adventurers are a gob with magic and a felinoid-hybrid. She is quite proud of these facts. Chronia doesn't seem as interested in that.

"A lot has changed, Priestess," Chronia sighs wearily. "The Triarchy is no more. All your accumulated power holds no currency here."
« Last Edit: Aug 06, 2017, 11:23 PM by Mister Kent »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #277 on: Aug 06, 2017, 08:08 PM »
Yoshiko room 28

Spoiler: show

Yoshiko watched with elation as her statue boyfriend took down the other statue. This shifted to concern as she saw him also fall to his knees, losing vines.

She made her way over the pig and saw... fire on vines. Walking over to the group, she took out a water pouch and sprinkled it over the fire before STOMPING on Aaron's remaining foot.

"TH' ELL Y'DOING!? Y'NEARLY KILLED M' NEW FRIEND!"

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #278 on: Aug 06, 2017, 08:31 PM »
Cat's sudden ramblings, made Luis assume the battle was over. He saw how Aaron's healthy foot was attacked by Yoshiko. He would have yelled at her for hurting his boyfriendfuzbro, but he was too tired and beaten up to start a discussion.

The pain on his shoulder was starting to increase, and any mobility of the arm was near impossible. He had to patch himself up, at least until he was able to gather his belongings that had spread through the floor with the fight.

With whines and painful moans, and often a swearing, he grabbed his dagger with his good arm, inserted the weapon inside his shirt, and ripped it off with a loud grunt.
Calling the Spiritual Pencil to help him, they used his clothing to improvise an arm sling.

"Aaron..." He coughed a bit, trying to improve his voice "Aaron, the fire..."

It certaintly wouldn't be good for anyone that a fire, no matter how small, started in some kind of maze, with no apparent exit for the smoke to leave.

Speaking of air. Bacon was a scent he still perceived.
His stomach grumbled.

Rest or Food. Quite the predicament.
« Last Edit: Aug 06, 2017, 08:46 PM by elge »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #279 on: Aug 06, 2017, 10:06 PM »
Aaron lets go of Create Bonfire as soon as he sees the last opposing statue crumble. He turns to address Yoshiko.

"Good, I see--OW!" He gives Yoshiko a half-confused, half-angry stare before turning towards Luis, dumping the healing potion down his furbro's throat.
(@cuteapoot:  2d4+2  = (3+3)+2 = 8 damage healed)

After discussion with his companions, Aaron sets about to finding a replacement for his missing foot. He begins to inspect the fallen statues, but quickly moves on due to the holes burned straight through the back of his head from Yoshiko's angry glare. He follows his nose to the weird big pig (his Arcana knowledge tells him this is a rare Dungeon Pig, one of the most delicious and rare pigs in the known world), chops an appropriate chunk of hoof and lower leg along with a solid strip of flank, and finds Luis.
@cuteapoot:  1d20+4 Arcana = (1)+4 = 5

"Can you, uh... help me with this? Also I got you some Dungeon Pig meat. It's a delicacy; we're quite fortunate to have found one."
« Last Edit: Aug 06, 2017, 10:32 PM by Bobo »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #280 on: Aug 06, 2017, 10:12 PM »
Yoshiko Room 28
Spoiler: show

Yoshiko first took her... boyfriend and met up with the rest of the group.

"So ab..."
She cleared her throat, seeing that she was speaking to Aaron too.
"So about my friend you nearly killed by burning things... TWICE... He's... kind of my new boyfriend. Helped me against those other statues that you AGITATED. Also we danced."

She pointed at the owl.

"That one can attest to helping me. Now with that said, do NOT burn anymore vines here."

She took out a dagger, readying herself to quickly carve off the Id Pig's horns before anyone else would.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #281 on: Aug 06, 2017, 10:25 PM »
(This is before Aaron starts searching for a new foot)

"I was not aware that I was harming your new ally," says Aaron, holding up a small chunk of meat for Owl as it tucks itself back in Aaron's hood. "I uh... apologize?" he glances at the statue, trying to figure out whether or not it understood anything he was saying.

@cuteapoot:  1d20-1 Insight = (17)-1 = 16

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #282 on: Aug 06, 2017, 10:31 PM »
"Just keep that thing controlled and we'll be fine, cat" Sovereign said pointing at the remaining statue, still angry over getting dragged into the fight. "I'm going back to the other room, you three can lick each other's wounds or whatever, I don't care."

She turns away and starts walking back to the throne room (room 5) , grumbling something about not helping them because she wanted to.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #283 on: Aug 06, 2017, 10:34 PM »
(Again before searching for a foot)

"Thank you, blade mage. Would you like a second pair of eyes for that puzzle of yours?"

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #284 on: Aug 06, 2017, 10:40 PM »
Yoshiko placed a hand on the statue's shoulder, in a gesture akin to "it's ok, don't beat that one up."

"Not sure if it understands speech. I'm going to go check the back and see if I can bring my friend outside. Also, watch the pig. It was nasty."

She spoke up to address Sovereign

"Also go 'head and check it, just don't die or somethin'. And DON'T BREAK THE TREASURE!"

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #285 on: Aug 06, 2017, 10:57 PM »
Sovereign, without looking back just says, "Fine, whatever," and continues on, walking carefully through the shadow trap room, past the dead body of the old king, and sits down in a corner of the throne room, putting her pack down and leans back against the wall, trying to get some rest.

(Sovereign will take a short rest in Room 5)

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #286 on: Aug 07, 2017, 05:24 PM »
Truman, with the Oku, Room 10:
Spoiler: show

While looking around the room at the various simple toys, Tutsan picks up the nearest chess piece from the set, a bishop. As a solid stone implement about 1-foot long Tutsan seems to identify it as a handy short club. He chirps happily as he practices swinging it, but then falls silent. Neither Agrimony nor Yarrow can move him as he goes catatonic.

There is the sound of something approaching from the Northwest room, like a jingling of windchimes or chains.

Truman, with the Oku, Room 10:
Spoiler: show
Seeing Tutsan suddenly freeze in place does nothing for Truman's nerves. The strange noise moving closer does even less.

"Either of you know what that noise approaching us is? Because if not, I suggest we grab Tutsan, try lifting him with our strengths combined, and make ourselves scarce."

Lai Shan probably came this way, but this room splinters off into so many others. My best guess is that she probably kept moving forward out of the room previous, and the northwest is obviously a no-go, so, northeast?

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #287 on: Aug 08, 2017, 11:38 AM »
"Good, I see--OW!" He gives Yoshiko a half-confused, half-angry stare before turning towards Luis, dumping the healing potion down his furbro's throat.
(@cuteapoot:  2d4+2  = (3+3)+2 = 8 damage healed)

Still finding it difficult to process anything at a normal rate, he was barely able to see a big figure approach him. He seemed to be holding some crystal glass.
"Aaron what are you d- GLRBGH!"
Forced to drink, and almost chocking afterwards "Fucking shit Aaron you could have warned-..." But Sparkly stopped, as it occurred to him he was feeling way better after consuming what he now assumed had been the Healing Potion, he had handed to his bugbear friend a bit earlier.

"T-thanks..." With his face burning red, he said with a humbled tone. 

Thanks to Aaron's actions, Luis has recovered 8 HP! His health is now at 10/25!


Once his friend turned around and went deeper into the room, Luis managed to get on his two, and pick up what he had dropped during the combat. A sincere soft smile was painted on his face.

"I'm going back to the other room, you three can lick each other's wounds or whatever, I don't care."

"W-wait S-Sovereign, aren't you hurt too?" He said a bit shyly and worried "I c-can lick your wounds better if you want"
That's what wolves did when hurt, right? It was also a common thing between mer and men, right? Right?

While awaiting any response, Luis moved towards a wall, sitting softly, with a long sigh.

After discussion with his companions, Aaron sets about to finding a replacement for his missing foot. He begins to inspect the fallen statues, but quickly moves on due to the holes burned straight through the back of his head from Yoshiko's angry glare. He follows his nose to the weird big pig (his Arcana knowledge tells him this is a rare Dungeon Pig, one of the most delicious and rare pigs in the known world), chops an appropriate chunk of hoof and lower leg along with a solid strip of flank, and finds Luis.
@cuteapoot:  1d20+4 Arcana = (1)+4 = 5

"Can you, uh... help me with this? Also I got you some Dungeon Pig meat. It's a delicacy; we're quite fortunate to have found one."

"Aaron...but this is..." Luis knew he wouldn't like his response "Even if I patched it up, it would hurt like hell... I'm sorry, I don't think this is a good idea-" A grumbling sound cut him as he saw and sniffed the pig meat Aaron had brought him. Started drooling without him being aware.

How could he refuse aiding his furbro after he had brought something to eat.

"Alright..." He sighed, taking some bandages and medical tools from his Healer's kit. "I'm gonna need your Bonfire spell. I'll do my best to avoid you feeling any pain" He started removing the old bandages from Aaron's foot.

Luis' Medicine roll
1d20+4 = (14)+4 = 18


Adding some kind of anaesthesia first, he started suturing.
« Last Edit: Aug 08, 2017, 11:42 AM by elge »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #288 on: Aug 08, 2017, 07:46 PM »
Sharis: Room 27
Spoiler: show

Sharis follows along, as confident as ever. As long as no hostility is shown towards him, he would hold none towards them.

"The center of the maze then! Why, to get here so soon, I'm beginning to worry that conquering this won't even be worth telling my neices and nephews!"

Minions, assemble!

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #289 on: Aug 08, 2017, 08:09 PM »
Thanks to a moment of unusually perceptive reading of body language, perhaps because of the inherent newness of his experience with this statue, Aaron sees that Yoshiko's stony new ally understands him quite well. He smiles, delighted at the possibility of learning more of this creature, then his face falls.

"I-I am so sorry. I never meant to harm you or your companions. I..." he trails off, realizing just how horrific this experience may have been for this creature; depending on its level of sentience, of course. Quietly, he continues, "my gratitude for protecting the feline one, for whatever that may be worth."

Hunched over, Aaron continues over to the fallen Id Pig (which, as you may recall, he believes to be a rare Dungeon Pig), collecting its meat for Luis and its hoof for a temporary prosthetic (hopefully).

And now Aaron's timeline is finally back on track! Let's see how his and Luis' attempts at creating a peg leg work out...

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #290 on: Aug 08, 2017, 09:15 PM »
Chorden, Room2:
Spoiler: show
In which we flash-back to half-an-hour ago, when everyone split off into different directions, and left little lizardy Chorden back in Room 2...

You kneel on the floor and prepare your mapping tools, fully intending to catch up to the others. If only they hadn't made it so difficult by scattering the group in all directions! You have your things together and are about to go down on path or the other...

Suddenly, behind you, a moon-faced gentleman in strange robes appears. "Greetings, small friend. Welcome to my Mistress's Maze. Do you have business here? A deposit of a new prisoner, perhaps? All new visitors must be processed properly or leave the premises at once!"



Under the light cast by the gentleman's head, you feel your feet rooted to the floor, and feel compelled to answer this polite new presence with only truthful responses. There is no physical evidence of his entry into the room, as if he'd manifested out of air.

"I am Torgos Zooth, the Medusa's majordomo. And you would be...?"
« Last Edit: Aug 08, 2017, 09:18 PM by Mister Kent »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #291 on: Aug 08, 2017, 09:26 PM »
Truman, with the Oku, Room 10:
Truman, with the Oku, Room 10:
Spoiler: show
Truman, with the Oku, Room 10:
Seeing Tutsan suddenly freeze in place does nothing for Truman's nerves. The strange noise moving closer does even less.

"Either of you know what that noise approaching us is? Because if not, I suggest we grab Tutsan, try lifting him with our strengths combined, and make ourselves scarce."
Spoiler: show
Agrimony chirps nervously. "Don't know the sound! But I'm sure it's not good-oku!" She and Yarrow try to help you heft Tutsan to the next room. Tutsan remains silent but sounds like he's trying to speak. His body is rigid as a statue, his hand tightly clutching the stone chess bishop like a man possessed.

You reach the Northeast door opening to a stark white room with a 6-inch wide black line running straight across to the North wall. As you reach the entryway, a cluster of sinuous figures appears from the Northwest door in the room you are fleeing.

A trio of lithe machete-wielding female reptilians emerge, their bulging chameleon eyes rolling around to survey the room. "You there! Halt!" the boldest (and shortest) chameleon woman shouts at you, pointing a delicate clawed finger. As she moves, her many bracelets jangle, the telltale sound you heard from the other room. "I, Nadzikambia of the Neonate Empire Wilderness Bureau, claim this Maze as a Lizardfolk Heritage Site! Its treasures belong to us, by ancient rights!" She flicks her curly tongue to show you she means business.

While she talks, the other two chameleon women (one with a rusted holy symbol at her neck) case the room, searching for valuables but finding only junky toy-things. Noting the relative uniqueness and craftsmanship of the oversized chess set, the lizard-girls begin throwing pieces into a large bag.

The lead lizard points at the chess piece in Tutsan's hand. "Come on, give us the goods, warm-blood!"

« Last Edit: Aug 08, 2017, 09:31 PM by Mister Kent »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #292 on: Aug 08, 2017, 10:08 PM »
Aaron/Luis/Yoshiko, Room 28:
Spoiler: show

Is anyone else taking a short rest while Sovereign does?

Yoshiko:

The statue heeds your words and makes no move to attack anyone against your wishes. Steadying himself on you, he stands and begins to scout the room for any more threats to your well-being.

You saw off the Id Pig's horns, which tingle with infernal magic as you tuck them away into your pack. (OOC: Each horn is a 1d3+1 magic weapon, piercing damage only, can be thrown like a lawn dart. Possibly probably cursed.)

Aaron:
@cuteapoot:  1d20+4 Arcana = (5)+4 = 9
@cuteapoot:  1d20+4 History = (11)+4 = 15
Luis' Medicine roll - 1d20+4 = (14)+4 = 18


Calling upon your scholarly research, you know full well that grafting new limbs onto a living patient is a risky operation regardless of the patient's hardiness. There are few verified accounts of successful surgery without the use of magic, and with the use of magic it would still take the abilities of a highly trained medical-magus. The concept is controversial but not unproven, however recovery from such a physically traumatic procedure would take a few days, even with the aid of healing spells to fend off all sorts of diseases.

There are legends of warriors with monster claws grafted to replace their lost sword hands, and formerly blind sages cured with the eyes of fallen angels--nothing like the demon-foot transplant you are planning. All that said, with the right mage and well-prepared precautions, it can be done.

Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #293 on: Aug 08, 2017, 11:55 PM »
Chorden, with Torgos Zooth, Room 2
Spoiler: show
"Greetings, small friend. Welcome to my Mistress's Maze. Do you have business here? A deposit of a new prisoner, perhaps? All new visitors must be processed properly or leave the premises at once!"
Quote
A jolt of fear had shot up through Chorden's spine at the greetings of the unknown dweller behind him. With a dagger in hand Chorden quickly turned to face his enemy with a cold stare, yet whatever ferocity he mustered was quickly replaced with a sense of dumbfoundedness at the sight of the large headed moon man.

"What sort of creature is this? A deity fallen down from the stars above? A trickster spirit?... Is he made of cheese?" Chorden internally questioned to himself.

However these questions had escaped his thoughts as he noticed a great light had began emitting from the odd being. Such illumination must have carried a great power Chorden thought, for as it shined upon him his feet had suddenly been planted into the floor he stood upon. Unable to move an inch, he found himself at the mercy of this creature as he carried on with his message...

"I am Torgos Zooth, the Medusa's majordomo. And you would be...?"
Quote
"Majordomo", a word Chorden had sworn he knew. Thinking back long enough he recalled coming across it while looking through a page of one of Aaron's books, a "chief steward" he believed it was? All he knew was that this "Torgos Zooth" held a high position in this supposed prison, and it was enough.

It would have been smart to bluff his way out of this powerful hold, a lone measly Kobold looking for a polished trinket would have perhaps made a good enough excuse for his situation. Yet something compelled him to dissuade such thoughts, the very power that held him prisoner must had been forcing him to speak only honesty to the being before him. Refusing to lock eyes with Torgos, Chorden began to speak in disgruntled stutter...

"My...My n-name is...Chorden. I've...entered this d-domain w..w-with a company of others, searching for whatever treasure and fortune this place holds. Or at least what th...th..they s-seek, I only w-wished to come because I b-b-believed that i-if the l-legends were true..." Chorden hesitated for a moment as a look of fear appeared on his face. Not for the one who had control of him, but for what clawed deep in the back of his mind. As he continued, Chorden broke into a fit of shivering..." If the legends were t-true, that they would...or at l-least o-o-one of them would r-remain to g-guard such a f-fortune. I must... I must find my Lords..." He remained silent for a moment, as if to gather as much courage as he could to finish his sentence.

As he looked up to Torgos Zooth square in the eye he exclaimed..."I must find the Dragons!...Please tell me, are they here?!"
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 10:16 AM by ZigZagaroo »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #294 on: Aug 09, 2017, 12:08 AM »
Yoshiko Room 28-???

Spoiler: show

"Well, now that tis' all settled, I'ma go check'n 'nother room back there."

Yoshiko clung onto the Statue Boyfriend's arm, pulling him towards the door labelled "Storage".

"Alright lessee whass'n ere. Oh, by the by.."

She engaged her boyfriend.

"Y'wouldn' 'appen t'know where y'vines lead would'ya? Tryn' t'figure out 'ow t'git you outta 'ere."


Perception roll for the room if neccessary:
@Jiisuri:  1d20 +4  = (9)+4 = 13

Yoshiko will slowly check out the room and, if safe, rest in there.


*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #295 on: Aug 09, 2017, 07:05 AM »
Seth, Room 27:
Spoiler: show
Seth just remained quiet even after the beetle had been defeated. It was less of him being in a bad mood from what had happened previous (both the arrow not hitting and his venture through that weird white room [Room 23]) but more there just wasn't anything that needed to be said. Just collect the treasure and head towards where his other teammates planned to go. He was used to being just the follower.

He had zoned out of the situation for a little while before yet another pretty woman makes her introduction to the the group - a miss Chronia Torn. Next thing he knows, the group is heading towards the next room.

Waiting behind her is a stubby little chalk-white creature, roughly bulldog-shaped but with a flat piranha-like face and a ridge of spines on its back like a lionfish. "Come, visitors! Fracture-of-the-Bone won't bite unless asked politely." The stubby piranha-dog snorts happily and goes to each of you to sniff a hand or leg.



As he walks behind the group, he notices he was being sniffed by the piranha-mutt and that it was being uncomfortably close to his cloak.





"Damn dog," He murmured with a hint of annoyance in his voice. He continues to follow the group into [Room 27].

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #296 on: Aug 09, 2017, 08:26 AM »
Yoshiko and Boyfriend, Room 31 (Gardener's Hovel) and Room 32 (Storage):
Spoiler: show

As you pass through the ransacked apartment you find a vine-wrapped human skeleton wedged partly underneath the bed.

You find the STORAGE door closed but unlocked. Beyond the door is a mess of collapsed shelves and broken ceramic jars. The statue refused to enter, like a stubborn child.

At the back of the room are 4 jars intact, each holding a dark bluish substance in them. The jars are labeled "HERBICIDE" in Common.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #297 on: Aug 09, 2017, 09:25 AM »
Chorden, Room 2:
Spoiler: show
Torgos walks closer calmly. He's actually rather short-bodied, with his massive head comprising one-third of his stature.

'Dragons? Oh my. You may need to consult the Reptile Archive to the farthest corner Northwest of us. The King holds all knowledge of dragons here."

He begins to wax sentimental. "There were many dragons on my homeworld," he laments. "Alas, a forgotten moon from a forgotten age!"

"I believe there was an uninvited dragon-woman around here, but she's no noble beast, just a dirty spy. If you see her again, report her to me at once!"

"Do you need an escort to the Archive, small friend Chorden?'

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #298 on: Aug 09, 2017, 10:13 AM »
Yoshiko Room 31-28

Spoiler: show

"Ah..."
Yoshiko left the room quickly, rejoining her Boyfriend.
"Settles it then, th'vines be what keep y'going. By which case..."

Yoshiko headed back to the two fuzzy boys.

"Any of you know if the vines can survive on its own when cut out? And if not, maybe... trace the source of the vines on my pal here?"




Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #299 on: Aug 09, 2017, 02:51 PM »
Chorden, Room 2
Spoiler: show
'Dragons? Oh my. You may need to consult the Reptile Archive to the farthest corner Northwest of us. The King holds all knowledge of dragons here."

He begins to wax sentimental. "There were many dragons on my homeworld," he laments. "Alas, a forgotten moon from a forgotten age!"
Quote
Chorden felt somewhat relieved by Toros' reply, hearing no hostility in his words. Whatever his intentions were, it seemed he didn't intend on taking his life (for the time being at least). However, the mention of "The King" had caught Chorden off guard.

"The King? I thought this "Medusa", the Ashen woman mentioned, was the one who ruled over this prison?" Chorden thought to himself. "Could he share the power alongside her? Or is it simply a title of importance?"

"I believe there was an uninvited dragon-woman around here, but she's no noble beast, just a dirty spy. If you see her again, report her to me at once!"
Quote
Dragon-woman? He couldn't mean that Lady Capilli creature he saw before could he? What an insult then, to refer her as one of his kin. Though she did carry her curved horns and wings as proudly as a dragon would, her cloven hooves and nearly human face betrayed the image of one. Even he, a lowly Kobold could say with utmost certainty that such a comparison would insult even the mighty Dragonborn. Friend or Foe, Chorden without a doubt knew she was not of his kin.

"Do you need an escort to the Archive, small friend Chorden?'
Quote
Chorden felt a bit of fear well up in his underbelly at the offer, yet he couldn't refuse. Besides, making this trip could give him a better idea of the layout of this domain. It could even allow him to rejoin with the others if the chance arose. With a slight nod to his captor, Chorden agreed to the escort.

"Yes, by all means lead the way..."




 

Newest Comments -


Newest Characters -

 
KotSister KiteriaGhostThe Abominable Dr. HoangAshlanEgg DealerAstroleoAzu FloresSehemaThe ProfessorsTiffanyShmagic
 

Open Challenges -



Latest Topics -

 
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Sep 19, 2018, 10:18 PM
Post Apocalypse Jam: Redux (CAUTION: NSFW 18+ INSIDE) 
Last updated: Shen - Sep 17, 2018, 10:52 PM
SilverBlaze's Incubation pod 
Last updated: ArtsandGoodies - Sep 14, 2018, 09:54 PM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: MightyMayhem - Sep 14, 2018, 04:38 PM
Challenges Thread 
Last updated: Dechado - Sep 12, 2018, 11:42 AM
 

Latest Members -


Users online -

 
51 Guests, 3 Users


[] [Think Tank]

Most Online Today: 79.
Most Online Ever: 1,050 (Aug 30, 2015, 03:43 AM)

 

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us