IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #250 on: Aug 02, 2017, 07:12 AM »
Ashen, Room 25:
Spoiler: show
Ashen strains to raise her knife and seemingly cannot do so. She grits her teeth in frustration.

"KILL IT, PROTECTORS!" she cheers the group on. "TEAR IT TO PIECES!"

Her eyes begin to water as she stands trembling.

Next: Seth > Sharis > Gibba > Scarab

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #251 on: Aug 02, 2017, 12:08 PM »
"There were vines that seemed to be controlling the statues," Aaron huffed, "how was I supposed to know that the statues would attack me for freeing them from their bindings!?"

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #252 on: Aug 02, 2017, 12:38 PM »
"Do you guys think... There's still time for diplomacy?" Luis coughed, closing his eyes every now and then, as he coped with the pain. "We know they are strong... And they know we are in equal levels to them... Maybe they understand a language any of us speak..."

"And I am not just saying because I want to eat that pig or anything..." Sparkly wiped some drool that had gathered.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #253 on: Aug 03, 2017, 12:00 AM »
Seth, Room 25:
Spoiler: show
Seth felt a blow of embarrassment after seeing his arrow failed to affect the beetle in any way. Ashen's encouragement managed to insult him even further but he held back on making any remarks against her. Instead of wasting any more arrows and his time, Seth put his bow away and headed towards Sharis's direction.

"Need a little help there?" His hand started glowing as soon as he made contact to Sharis's skin.

[OOC: Seth uses Cure Wounds on Sharis]
1d8+2  = (2)+2 = 4

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #254 on: Aug 03, 2017, 03:09 AM »
Sharis: Room 25 [BATTLE]
Spoiler: show

Sharis tightens his body as the creature's dagger like limbs tear into his flesh. He grunts, shrugging off the scarab's blows, bracing himself for another assault. Ashen's words do not register, nor does the approach of Seth, even as he feels the mild pain of his wounds ebb away.

For Sharis, there was only the battle. With a twist of his grip, he stamps his foot into the ground, turning, bringing his maul slamming into the scarab's side.

Sharis uses reckless attack to give advantage to his attack, while giving advantage against those who target him as well
Rolls to hit: 1d20+6  = (2)+6 = 8
 1d20+6  = (14)+6 = 20
Damage: 2d6+6  = (3+1)+6 = 10

As a bonus action, Sharis uses his Ancestral Protectors to harass the scarab, giving it disadvantage to attack anyone who isn't himself, and reducing it's speed by half if it takes the disengage action.

Minions, assemble!

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #255 on: Aug 03, 2017, 06:57 PM »

Aaron/Luis/Sovereign/Yoshiko, with Boyfriend Statue, Room 28, ROUND FIVE:
Spoiler: show
INITIATIVE
Luis > 19 (killed S4)
Id Pig > 19 (dead)
#1 Stone Boyfriend > 16 (following Yoshiko)
Bad Statues 2-6 > 16 (S2 attacks Boyfriend, S4 is dead, S3-5-6 attacking)
Sovereign > 11
Yoshiko > 9
Aaron > 8

 
Sovereign's attack brings Statue 4 crumbling to its knees, and the stroke of Luis's mighty pen shatters it. As large chunks of rock cascade to the floor, the insides of the statue reveals many holes throughout the rock where the creeping vines have taken hold. Now the vines, having lost their host, creep back into the cracked garden floor.
 
The three remaining statues still look alert and intact, and divide their vicious attentions between Sovereign (-5hp), Luis (-2hp), and Aaron.
@Mister Kent:  1d20+3 vsSovereign = (15)+3 = 18
@Mister Kent:  1d8 SovDamage = (5) = 5
@Mister Kent:  1d20+3 vsLuis = (18)+3 = 21
@Mister Kent:  1d8 LuisDamage = (2) = 2
@Mister Kent:  1d20+3 vsAaron = (7)+3 = 10

 
Yoshiko leads the strangely affectionate statue back to (Room 28) to reunite with her friends, while the other statue continues to attack them. The "Stone Boyfriend" takes a hit for Yoshiko, and blocks her body with his heavy arms (-3hp Stone Boyfriend). The vines still twining around them follow the statues back to the other room.
@Mister Kent:  1d20+3 vsBoyfriend = (15)+3 = 18
@Mister Kent:  1d8 BoyfriendDamage = (3) = 3

 
The doorway North is lightly blocked by the Id Pig's smoldering body, and must be stepped over to get through. It twitches, but does not rise, as Yoshiko and her protector move North.

 
Lai Shan/Seth/Sharis, with Ashen & Gibba, Room 24, ROUND TWO:
Spoiler: show
INITIATIVE
Lai Shan > 19 (16 bludgeoning on scarab)
Ashen > 19 (KILL IT KILL IT DO IT FOR ME)
Seth > 17 (Cure Wounds on Sharis)
Sharis > 11 (DESTROY SCARAB)
Gibba > 7 (YARR)
Ambush Scarab > 4 (X_X)

 
The music coming from the North hall stops abruptly, and a pair of shadowed shapes emerge from a room up the hall.
 
As Sharis brings his maul down on the scarab's golden shell, there is a trembling, a rumbling like pressure building. The two halves of the scarab's carapace suddenly pop open like a party favor! Confetti of parchment and gold coins erupt against the stone ceiling and shower over everyone nearby. The dead scarab falls limp on the flagstone floor, its inner contents scattered for all to see.
 
Ashen sheathes her dull blade and hurls herself against Sharis in an embrace. Gibba whoops excitedly and waves his hands in the air. When he calms down, if left on his own, he wanders down the dark halls Eastward. The sound of wind and soft crying continues in the West.
 
Inside the scarab are papers and writings of all kinds:
  • crude hand-drawn pictures by Gibba, depicting him and the Medusa having a picnic by a giant stone snake statue (labeled "ME, MOMMA, DADD")
  • torn pieces of steamy love letters to "Nia" from "Ella"
  • a half-digested unauthorized biography of the Medusa by Caphtor Clowe, entitled "Through the Eyes of Evil"
  • shreds of an article about a man named "Levalliant Green", written by Linneax Gruel
  • a scroll of Comprehend Languages, a scroll of Clone
  • 135 gold pieces

Sharis, Seth, Yoshiko > 300 XP each


All who can read Elvish, Room 24:
Spoiler: show
Upon defeat of the scarab, the elf script on its carapace says "A Unified Philosophy of Literature, by Dr. Scribus Scarabus", and then the beginnings of a complicated and curse-laden treatise on what should or should not be considered "literature". Ends mid-sentence.


Truman, with the Oku, Room 8:
Spoiler: show
You pass the masked men and quietly leave the snail-and-baby's room. The men offer you a piece of dried meat wrapped in parchment before you go. You see them go about re-lighting torches in the room, and head on to the Escher Room. They seem appreciative of the rope connecting them to (Room 2).

You enter a long cavernous room with three rope bridges stretching over a great darkness. The torches on the far wall illuminate your destination, and the lit torches in the room beyond show a large empty room full of crude toys.

While crossing over the rope bridge, the bird-masked thieves introduce themselves as the Oku, claiming themselves as legendary trickster birds. "None more trickier, and none more bird-ier!" their leader Agrimony boasts, eliciting triumphant chirps of "Oku-oku!" from her cohorts. The one who had used the Climb spell to scale the Escher Room is Tutsan, and the archer lookout is Yarrow.

They don't recall how they got in the Maze, just that their old leader Akerstrom was taken by the Medusa to the Cells, and now these three before you are but one of several Oku factions trying to pull off jobs. "Akerstrom was on the job too...I think he was supposed to do something against the Medusa...can't remember now," Agrimony explains.

"Are you here for jobs?" Agrimony asks. "We have a new friend gives us all kinds of assignments! After we hit the Treasury, we can get you work too-oku!"
« Last Edit: Aug 04, 2017, 04:06 PM by Mister Kent »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #256 on: Aug 03, 2017, 07:25 PM »
Yoshiko shouting in Room 28
Spoiler: show

"Y' BIG LUG! WHAT'CH-"

Yoshiko stopped and cleared her throat, realising Aaron was there. He had trouble deciphering her accent and slang.

"Aaron, lad? What did you mean by... freeing their bindings? Because it looks to me these things live and die by those vines!"

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #257 on: Aug 03, 2017, 07:47 PM »
"It would appear to be so," Aaron shouts back, "but I was a little pissed off because of the fucking shadows." He taps his stump with the bottom of his mace, wincing only slightly. "I suppose it impeded my judgment. But what can I do now?"

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #258 on: Aug 03, 2017, 08:00 PM »
"Ell' if I know! Calm them down? Apologise? Give them water? I mean how would you like it if you cut off someone's arteries!?"

Yoshiko squinted, recalling Aaron not possessing any cutting weapons. Her accent slipped back.

".. wait,you didn' try burnin'm dincha?"

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #259 on: Aug 03, 2017, 08:35 PM »
Truman, with the Oku, Room 8:
Spoiler: show
You pass the masked men and quietly leave the snail-and-baby's room. The men offer you a piece of dried meat wrapped in parchment before you go. You see them go about re-lighting torches in the room, and head on to the Escher Room. They seem appreciative of the rope connecting them to (Room 2).

You enter a long cavernous room with three rope bridges stretching over a great darkness. The torches on the far wall illuminate your destination, and the lit torches in the room beyond show a large empty room full of crude toys.

While crossing over the rope bridge, the bird-masked thieves introduce themselves as the Oku, claiming themselves as legendary trickster birds. �None more trickier, and none more bird-ier!� their leader Agrimony boasts, eliciting triumphant chirps of �Oku-oku!� from her cohorts. The one who had used the Climb spell to scale the Escher Room is Tutsan, and the archer lookout is Yarrow.

They don�t recall how they got in the Maze, just that their old leader Akerstrom was taken by the Medusa to the Cells, and now these three before you are but one of several Oku factions trying to pull off jobs. "Akerstrom was on the job too...I think he was supposed to do something against the Medusa...can't remember now," Agrimony explains.

�Are you here for jobs?� Agrimony asks. �We have a new friend gives us all kinds of assignments! After we hit the Treasury, we can get you work too-oku!�

Truman, with the Oku, Room 8:
Spoiler: show
Truman's eyes light up as the Oku recite their names. This was too much to be a coincidence. He walks up to Agrimony and offers her a very specific gesture, part handshake, part salute. Subtle enough to look like a overly cheerful greeting to the uninitiated, but to those in the know, it was an age-old code, marking one as a very specific type of criminal.

"You can be frank with me, you know. What year did you enter the maze in?"
« Last Edit: Aug 03, 2017, 08:37 PM by Q-Bit »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #260 on: Aug 03, 2017, 09:30 PM »
Truman, with the Oku, Room 9:
Spoiler: show
Truman's eyes light up as the Oku recite their names. This was too much to be a coincidence. He walks up to Agrimony and offers her a very specific gesture, part handshake, part salute. Subtle enough to look like a overly cheerful greeting to the uninitiated, but to those in the know, it was an age-old code, marking one as a very specific type of criminal.

"You can be frank with me, you know. What year did you enter the maze in?"

Spoiler: show
Once across the bridge, the three Oku watch your gesture, quietly chatter among themselves, and then all try to shake your hand at once, completely oblivious to any handshake protocol. "A new partner in crime-oku! Akerstrom would be proud of us!" they cheer.

Agrimony considers your question. "What...year? Why, 1967? '68?--"

Yarrow chimes in. "The Oku are magical trickster birds! We have ALWAYS been here, I think! Well, for a hundred years at least-oku!" Agrimony changes her mind, and finds Yarrow's answer more probable. Tutsan chirps with approval.

"Yes, we've been here forever, running around, just out of the Medusa's reach," Agrimony goes on. "I think..." She shakes her masked head. "I don't know what to think. The Glyph Witch gives us jobs now, keeps us going, says she does our thinkin' for us..."

Yarrow and Tutsan cheerily head into the playroom and begin examining an oversized chess set with 1-foot tall pieces. Agrimony stands near you, still trying to puzzle out her existence.

"We'd better get to the Treasury...oku. Its Northeast, in the Almery..."
« Last Edit: Aug 03, 2017, 09:35 PM by Mister Kent »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #261 on: Aug 03, 2017, 09:57 PM »
"I..." Aaron trails off as Yoshiko facepalms. He clears his throat self-consciously.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #262 on: Aug 03, 2017, 10:14 PM »
Spoiler: show
Once across the bridge, the three Oku watch your gesture, quietly chatter among themselves, and then all try to shake your hand at once, completely oblivious to any handshake protocol. "A new partner in crime-oku! Akerstrom would be proud of us!" they cheer.

Agrimony considers your question. "What...year? Why, 1967? '68?--"

Yarrow chimes in. "The Oku are magical trickster birds! We have ALWAYS been here, I think! Well, for a hundred years at least-oku!" Agrimony changes her mind, and finds Yarrow's answer more probable. Tutsan chirps with approval.

"Yes, we've been here forever, running around, just out of the Medusa's reach," Agrimony goes on. "I think..." She shakes her masked head. "I don't know what to think. The Glyph Witch gives us jobs now, keeps us going, says she does our thinkin' for us..."

Yarrow and Tutsan cheerily head into the playroom and begin examining an oversized chess set with 1-foot tall pieces. Agrimony stands near you, still trying to puzzle out her existence.

"We'd better get to the Treasury...oku. Its Northeast, in the Almery..."

Spoiler: show
Not the response Truman was looking for. But he seemed to cause some kind of a reaction in Agrimony. Maybe if he pushed it a little farther. He pulls her aside as the other two move on ahead.

"Where I'm from, it's 1980. If you can't remember who you were, maybe it's time to start fresh. I know some people who could help you start over. Or, you can spend forever and a half living in a maze full of deathtraps, your call."

With that, Truman calls Tutsan and Yarrow, and asks to compare notes with the three of them. Rooms, their inner workings, and the faces they've seen. He also asks how the Oku have been finding food and water.

"If we're going to go to the Treasury, I recommend we meet up with the rest of my team. It'll make this job a surefire success."

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #263 on: Aug 03, 2017, 10:53 PM »
Truman and Oku, Room 9:
Spoiler: show
Agrimony seems to consider your offer, but says nothing more about it for now.

Tutsan and Yarrow are eager co-conspirators and share things they know. They claim to get fresh food and water from Aelfadred the Glyph Witch, who sounds like she fills the same role Benjamin Braddock does to you and your team. They offer you her amnesty as well, but say she'd want to meet before accepting you into their band. Their hideout is nestled in the Gardens, though the Oku and the Witch all fear the incursion of these strange vines. They have been bringing the garden statuary to life, the statues interfering with their heists. The Witch claims to know the vines' source, and is both enraged and terrified.

Also, as you saw a bit ago, the masked men offer food and drink sometimes. They are the Bondye Reparate, or "Bondees". The servants have also been known to offer rum, cigarettes, or their own repair skills. They ask for nothing in return and treat it almost like a religious duty to assist you, as long as they aren't harmed in the process.

They rarely see the Medusa but figure she's North guarding her Cells. The Three Sisters make themselves scarce too, as their presence is rumored to have strange effect on others. One  makes her home near the Treasury, if you're interested in meeting a goddess in person.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #264 on: Aug 04, 2017, 07:06 AM »
Sharis: Room 25
Spoiler: show

Sharis' body relaxes, and he lets out a hearty laugh.

"There we go! Not too bad of a warm up, if I should say so! You see, Lady Ashen, so long as you travel alongside us through this maze, nothing shall stand in our path."

He directs his glance towards the "loot" on the floor, and back to Lai Shan and Seth.

"My compatriots, let us gather our bounty and press on! We have much greater foes to conquer if we wish to have something worth telling our descendants of!"

Minions, assemble!

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #265 on: Aug 04, 2017, 11:08 AM »
"I..." Aaron trails off as Yoshiko facepalms. He clears his throat self-consciously.

Hearing Aaron and Yoshiko's conversation, a sudden thought came to Sovereign. "Are you telling me, that you got into this mess because of what you-" she brgins, only to be cut off by a sudden fist to her jaw by the next statue. Anger swelling in her eyes, she raises a hand to the air, pointing and screaming at the offending statue, "A POX! A POX ON BOTH YE HOUSES!"

(Casting Hexblade's Curse on Statue 6)

Gripping her sword with both hands, Sovereign swings down and forces the statue to its knees,

(Attack Roll:  1d20+6  = (20)+6 = 26)
 
-then follows up with a spinning horizontal cut that utterly shatters the statue, sending stone fragments flying across the room.

(Damage Roll: 2d10+4+4+2+2  = (8+10)+4+4+2+2 = 30)

As what remains of the statue crumbles, the bruise on Sovereign's face begins to disappear, as if she has somehow been healed by the defeat of her foe.

(HP gained: 3+3 = 6, curse effect ended)



*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #266 on: Aug 04, 2017, 12:42 PM »
Lai Shan, Room 25

Spoiler: show
While sorting through the loot, Lai Shan takes notice of the two scrolls and pockets them. While going through the documents, she takes notice of the 'family drawing', picks it up and approaches Sharis.

"According to one of the maze's residents, we have the Gallery to the west of here, and the Medusa's 'private collection' to the east of here. The weird snake child went eastward, and I think I know why..."

Lai Shan shows Sharis the crude drawing, gesturing to the stone snake.

"The snake child must be looking for its mother. Furthermore, considering the state of the 'father', I think it should be obvious what the Medusa keeps in her 'collection'..."

Lai Shan rubbed her chin.

"The Gallery to the west would be easier to loot, but if we go east we're bound to run into the 'family'. Your call, Sharis."

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #267 on: Aug 04, 2017, 05:54 PM »
Yoshiko room 28

Spoiler: show

The shattering of another statue was very clearly audible. Along with the outburst of a very angry half-elf.

Yoshiko could only sigh. There was no non-violent solution possible now. Not with this group of raging buffoons.

1d20 +6 slingbooletatbadstatue = (3)+6 = 9

In a very halfassed manner, Yoshiko whipped out a loaded sling and flung a rock at the bad statue's knees.

The bullet just bounced off the rock in similarly halfassed manner.

Sighing and clearly not motivated,  Yoshiko slid back behind her boyfriend's protection.
"Y'got this, lad."

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #268 on: Aug 04, 2017, 06:07 PM »
Owl saw that Yoshiko was safe from the statues. She had a protector! Owl perched on her shoulder, hooting gently to say hello. Owl now hoots at Yoshiko's boyfriend statue. You can do it, rock human!, Owl says in Owlish.

Meanwhile, spurred forward by his team's progress, Aaron continues his raging assault. He aims for another domino effect, slamming the statue in front of him squarely in its side.

@cuteapoot:  1d20+4 Aaron attack roll vs statue = (11)+4 = 15
@cuteapoot:  2d6+4 Aaron damage vs statue = (5+4)+4 = 13

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #269 on: Aug 04, 2017, 11:30 PM »

Yoshiko squinted, recalling Aaron not possessing any cutting weapons. Her accent slipped back.

".. wait,you didn' try burnin'm dincha?"


"I..." Aaron trails off as Yoshiko facepalms. He clears his throat self-consciously.



"Do you guys think... There's still time for diplomacy?" Luis coughed, closing his eyes every now and then, as he coped with the pain. "We know they are strong... And they know we are in equal levels to them... Maybe they understand a language any of us speak..."

"And I am not just saying because I want to eat that pig or anything..." Sparkly wiped some drool that had gathered.


"Are you telling me, that you got into this mess because of what you-" she brgins, only to be cut off by a sudden fist to her jaw by the next statue. Anger swelling in her eyes, she raises a hand to the air, pointing and screaming at the offending statue, "A POX! A POX ON BOTH YE HOUSES!"


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Too distracted thinking about pain and food, Luis didn't even notice he had been punched again, until he staggered around.
Blurry vision. He couldn't see well from one eye.
Didn't even say anything, just retaliated with Monomythica's Spiritual Pencil, aiming at the staute that was left.

Spritual Pencil Hit Roll
1d20+4 = (16)+4 = 20

Spiritual Pencil Damage Roll

1d8+4 = (7)+4 = 11


His body decided this was his limit, making him drop to his knees nearby Aaron.

Luis
tried calling his friend's name, but not even a whisper came out. His eyes could barely distinguish shadows, Dog wasn't even sure if his eyelids were still open.


Luis has disengaged combat, and now is covering behind Aaron, using him as protection from further attacks.
« Last Edit: Aug 04, 2017, 11:35 PM by elge »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #270 on: Aug 05, 2017, 10:09 PM »
Lai Shan/Seth/Sharis, with Ashen, Room 25:
Spoiler: show

As you gather the scattered treasure, a figure from the North appears in the hallway, barely illuminated by a tall handheld candle, everything around you slows down. Words left unsaid hang on the tips of your tongues, and time itself seems to pause in respect for her arrival.

A tall, curvy young woman with white-blonde hair appears at the farthest end of the North hall, wearing cascades of glistening gold and amber jewelry, and nothing else. She holds out the candle in front of her to get a better look at the group of you.

"Hello? Are you new visitors?" she asks curiously. "I am Chronia Torn. What are you doing out here?"

Ashen Chanterelle immediately drops to her knees, lowers her face, and presents her holy symbol, which Chronia clearly recognizes. "You're traveling with one of ours? So you're all pilgrims, then? If so, please, come inside a moment, before more scarabs escape the private collection." She points East to the Almery, and North to her chamber. By this time the once tall candle is already down to a waxy stub in her hand.

Waiting behind her is a stubby little chalk-white creature, roughly bulldog-shaped but with a flat piranha-like face and a ridge of spines on its back like a lionfish. "Come, visitors! Fracture-of-the-Bone won't bite unless asked politely." The stubby piranha-dog snorts happily and goes to each of you to sniff a hand or leg.

The wind in the hall continues to move Westward at jagged intervals, and child-snake Gibba has already disappeared East in the purple darkness, gibbering to himself.


Aaron/Luis/Sovereign/Yoshiko, with Boyfriend Statue, Room 28, ROUND SIX:
Spoiler: show
INITIATIVE
Luis > 19
Owl >
#1 Stone Boyfriend > 16 (following Yoshiko)
Bad Statues 2,3 > 16 (S4/S5/S6 down)
Sovereign > 11 (next)
Yoshiko > 9
Aaron > 8


Luis's magical pencil strike drives right through the statue, dropping it instantly, two statues standing--one attacking Yoshiko and her bodyguard, and one facing off against

Owl flutters its tiny wings, sending feathers into the air. They seem to hang in space for a few seconds before falling, and pause again before lightly setting down on the flagstone floor.

Shuffling through the shattered remains of its fellow statues, Statue 3 continues its relentless assault but to no success. The vines are covering more of the statues' bodies now, hanging off them like reins on a horse.

The statues around Yoshiko still fight each other, but neither are significantly damaged.


Truman, with the Oku, Room 10:
Spoiler: show

While looking around the room at the various simple toys, Tutsan picks up the nearest chess piece from the set, a bishop. As a solid stone implement about 1-foot long Tutsan seems to identify it as a handy short club. He chirps happily as he practices swinging it, but then falls silent. Neither Agrimony nor Yarrow can move him as he goes catatonic.

There is the sound of something approaching from the Northwest room, like a jingling of windchimes or chains.

« Last Edit: Aug 06, 2017, 07:39 PM by Mister Kent »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #271 on: Aug 06, 2017, 06:29 AM »
Sovereign, Room 28:
Spoiler: show


Still mad, Sovereign dashes forward and just barely manages to hit the remaining Statue with a wild swing of her sword.

1d20+6 Longsword = (8 )+6 = 14
1d10+4 Longsword damage = (1)+4 = 5


She sticks close to the statue (within 5 feet), preparing to attack again as soon as the opportunity presents itself.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #272 on: Aug 06, 2017, 10:01 AM »
Yoshiko Room 28
Spoiler: show

Sighing, the cat decided she should probably at least make this ugly task a quick one.

With a quick flick, she let loose another sling bullet towards the bad statue's knees, strafing out and back into her safe spot behind her boyfriend.


@Jiisuri:  1d20+6  = (12)+6 = 18
@Jiisuri:  1d4 +1d6+4 sneakattack = (3)+(1)+4 = 8



*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #273 on: Aug 06, 2017, 10:16 AM »
"Don't even think about it," Aaron says, seeing the vines. He can't be certain that leaving the vines alone would lead to further trouble, but just to be safe, he lifts his maul, now lightly powdered with stone dust, and summons the power of fire to burn down the vines for good.

@cuteapoot:  1d8  = (1) = 1

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #274 on: Aug 06, 2017, 10:37 AM »
The Pencil is still glowing, at least Luis could manage to barely see its blue light.
Still on the floor, he tried moving his good arm to attack...

Spirit Pencil hit roll
1d20+4 = (4)+4 = 8


But he doesn't seem to have enough strength to control the weapon.

 

Newest Comments -

 
MyHatsEatPeople icon

Crikey Dile vs. Terminal
@ 3:46 AM Jul 23rd

MyHatsEatPeople icon

Ashlan vs. THE BEAST OF VOID
@ 3:40 AM Jul 23rd

Astrodile icon

Harlow Ironlocke vs. Wictor
@ 10:32 AM Jul 22nd

Desichan icon

Queen of the Night
Cadenza

@ 9:47 AM Jul 21st

 

Newest Characters -

 
The Abominable Dr. HoangAshlanEgg DealerAstroleoAzu FloresSehemaThe ProfessorsTiffanyShmagicPudding WashingtonLumin KaiHarlow Ironlocke
 

Open Challenges -



Latest Topics -

 
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Jul 22, 2018, 09:53 PM
Graeskar and Oswood Duo Incubator 
Last updated: Heathen - Jul 22, 2018, 06:54 PM
Steampunk Jam 
Last updated: Badger - Jul 21, 2018, 04:23 PM
/[|| RETRIBUTION: Order vs Chaos ||]\ 
Last updated: Heathen - Jul 21, 2018, 12:36 PM
LGBT+ Jam 
Last updated: Dechado - Jul 20, 2018, 11:28 PM
 

Latest Members -


Users online -

 
49 Guests, 0 Users


Most Online Today: 68.
Most Online Ever: 1,050 (Aug 30, 2015, 03:43 AM)

 

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us