IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #225 on: Jul 29, 2017, 12:42 PM »
"Gwagh!" His pains resonated through the places. He was taking quite the beating "You stupid useless fricking pieces of-... R-rocks!" Anger was starting to take over him, and he knew this. "A-and vines!"

"Time to tackle to situation in a different way" He thought, while taking a long breath.

Taking the opportunity to plan his next move while the rocks were down, Luis' fur started glowing again, but this time, his presence gave a strange peaceful vibe. His pelage became soft to the touch, and his expression turned into a way more amicable one.

Spoiler: show
Wildhunt Shifting
While shifting, you gain temporary hit points equal to your level + your Constitution Bonus.
Being a Wildhunt Shifter, Luis also increases his Wisdom score by 1, and gains advantage on all Wisdom-based checks and saving throws.
 

Total Temporary HP gain = 3-1 = +2HP = 11/25HP -> 13/27HP



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-DvP__8p4M
Sparkle Mode

Finally exhaling, he opened his eyes, now giving out a steady light. Sparkly ordered the Spiritual Book to get close to Aaron, as if protecting him.
"Cure Wounds..."
His words echoed for a bit.

Cure Wounds roll
1d8+2 = (2)+2 = 4
« Last Edit: Jul 29, 2017, 01:56 PM by elge »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #226 on: Jul 29, 2017, 12:45 PM »
Sovereign:
Spoiler: show
The owl flies around the dark room to survey the scene. When you set the crown-sword down, the neon cloud seems placated and lowers to hover over the sword. Pulling the tree-sword and vine-sword causes two more vaporized thanes to emerge, one green and dark-veined like a leaf held to the sun, and the other golden like the rims of sunlit clouds.

"Swordssss" these ones call out, just like their companion.

As the last sword is removed, Sanguifluus smiles. "Th-thank you, maiden. Tell Chronia Torn, her son is at peace~" he whispers, then dies.

Spoiler: show

Seeing the old man finally passing on, Sovereign then turns her attention to the vaporised thanes. Setting the two swords she pulled next to the first one, she takes a step back, looks up at the clouds, and asks, "Now how do I deal with you three?"

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #227 on: Jul 29, 2017, 12:56 PM »
Sovereign, Room 6:
Spoiler: show
The vapors watch you pile the swords into one space, and lower themselves to eye-height. They begin to take solid form until you see three knights before you in gold, green, and shiny chrome armor. They pick up the swords, silently bow their heads, and if allowed will go to the room to the West without any violence. They are very protective of the swords.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #228 on: Jul 29, 2017, 01:01 PM »
Sovereign, Room 6:
Spoiler: show
The vapors watch you pile the swords into one space, and lower themselves to eye-height. They begin to take solid form until you see three knights before you in gold, green, and shiny chrome armor. They pick up the swords, silently bow their heads, and if allowed will go to the room to the West without any violence. They are very protective of the swords.

Spoiler: show

Seeing the three knights's offer of peace, Sovereign will not stop them from leaving. She will instead follow them from a few steps behind to see the room to the West herself, if nothing gets in the way.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #229 on: Jul 29, 2017, 02:11 PM »
Truman, Room 174:
Spoiler: show

The mechanical peacock chatters more in disgust. "Help! Those blasted Oku are back!" he calls to the glimmering lights down the hall.

The lead thief stands in front of you, jogging in place. "Let us through-oku!" she yells. "We got the KEY, man, don't you see? To the Medusa's Treasury! We'll split the take with you, but if we don't go right now, the aurum spectres will catch up and kill us all!"

Her two compatriots squawk excitedly. "Goldsouls on our six-oku!" the one with the quiver of arrows shrieks.
Truman, Room 174:
Spoiler: show
Truman didn't know what an Aurum Spectre was, but he didn't like the sound of it. Knowing that he was as much of an outsider as these Oku seemed to be, he decided to take his chances with them, for the time being.
Making sure the peacock wasn't looking, he motioned for the trio to run past him, preparing to make a scene of chasing them as they left the room.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #230 on: Jul 29, 2017, 02:15 PM »
Owl is grumpy. Why won't the sword lady help? Owl flies in a circle around Sovereign's head. It lands on her shoulder and hoots in her ear. It waits for Sovereign to come with. (Owl knows Sovereign well enough to be at least a little cautious; it will use its reaction to hoot angrily and fly away from her if she tries to smack it or anything.)

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #231 on: Jul 29, 2017, 04:22 PM »


Aaron/Luis/Yoshiko, Rooms 28-29:
Spoiler: show

When Yoshiko backs up behind her stone protector, she finds herself against a plain wooden door (to Room 29). Violence erupts before her. Seeing the statue take up Yoshiko's defense, the Id Pig attacks it with its horns. It's own painful fiery damage prevents it from doing anything. Likewise, Statue 2 and Statue 1 fail to do any damage to each other.

While its fellow attackers writhe to get off the floor, Statue 4 punches Luis's collarbone, and there is a loud crack (Luis -5hp, 8/27hp).

@Mister Kent: 1d20+4 pigvsstatue = (9)+4 = 13 > Id Pig misses BF statue
@Mister Kent: 1d20+3 boyfriendvspig = (4)+3 = 7 > BF misses pig
@Mister Kent: 1d20+3 statuevsboyfriend = (2)+3 = 5 > S2 misses BF statue
S3,S4,S5 are recovering from prone
@Mister Kent: 1d20+3 vsLuis = (16)+3 = 19 > S4 hits Luis
@Mister Kent: 1d8 Luisdamage = (5) = 5 > Luis 8/27hp


Sovereign, Room 6:
Spoiler: show
You follow the vapor knights to (Room 5). First you see two skeletons on the floor, wearing garments similar to those the old king was wearing when you euthanized him. You also see 3 stone thrones against the North wall (with space for a 4th). Each throne has an inscription on the chair-back and slots in the right armrest. The slots are the exact size of the swords' blades.

The West wall has a large inscription stretching from the ceiling to the floor.
"Here sit the Four Sons of Chronia ~
Sanguifluus, whose kingdom is Winter, ever-long and ruinous
Semotus, the Autumn's Lord, promising bounty and decay
Silvaticus, Lord of Summer, whose rule is passionate flame
Subfoetens, Prince of Spring, whose reign is yet to come"


The first throne bears this inscription:
"You'd like to spend the night with me
But if you spend all day with me,
We'll sleep together."


The second says:
"I am a heavy burden
But anyone will take me from you."


The third throne says:
"My clock keeps years
Not minutes."


The vapor knights take a knee across from the thrones, and kneel in silent vigil over the empty thrones.

Sharis/Lai Shan/Seth, with Ashen, Rooms 23+:
Spoiler: show
Child-snake Gibba crawls slowly after you with wooden sword in hand one hand and patchwork bag in his other hand. His line takes the form of the fearsome snake-haired Medusa herself. "Momma, I be gud now," Gibba whispers sadly as he slowly travels the black line.

The group find themselves in a tight network of halls. There is wind blowing West, and the faint sound of a woman crying. To the East there is only darkness.

Truman, Room 174:
Spoiler: show
The Oku gratefully pass you and rush out into the Escher Room. Seeing the dangling rope you left, the leader bird and the archer bird scamper up and attempt to swing over to the North room (Room 8 ). The middle bird chirps something and begins to climb the walls, avoiding the whole messy staircase jumble and directly crawling spiderlike up to the next room.

From the hallway in the peacock's room, a flickering golden apparition appears, the aurum specter, or so-called "goldensoul" the Oku feared. It begins to float towards you menacingly. It radiates pure malice to all living things.
« Last Edit: Aug 06, 2017, 10:22 PM by Mister Kent »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #232 on: Jul 29, 2017, 08:20 PM »
Yoshiko room 29
Spoiler: show

From behind her romantic guard, Yoshiko threw another flask of oil at the pig with clearly bad intentions.

Using inspiration
@Jiisuri:  repeat(1d20+4,2)  = (18)+4 = 22, (9)+4 = 13


She scurried back behind her bodyguard, and heard yelling from the other room. It was the dog with many anger related issues. She recalled that there was a commotion over there before the other statues went nuts.

"Numbskulls."

She decides to check the door with her paw.

@Jiisuri:  1d20+2+2 perceptiondoorcheck = (19)+2+2 = 23


Finding nothing odd with the door, she opened it slightly. Hopefully there is a guy in charge of this garden to reason with.
« Last Edit: Jul 29, 2017, 08:48 PM by Jiisuri »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #233 on: Jul 29, 2017, 08:29 PM »
Sharis/Seth/Lai Shan, Room 9 to Room 10:
Spoiler: show

The Bondees cordially nod as you pass through. When finished with their work they prepare to move South. They leave a packet of dried rations behind in case you need it, setting it carefully in a little bowl on the floor.

"Hayyy," the slobbering child-snake says as each of you pass him by. "Wadoo?"

"Umventurers?" he asks quietly as he gnaws on his wooden sword. "Momma don' want umventurers in hur hoss. Nuhuh!" He coughs on his spit and throws his sword down. "Play with Gibba? Or Gibba come too?" He begins to slither after you slowly, the large rook-shaped knot in his stomach making it difficult.

When you reach the Northeast room (Room 10), you see a stark white room, bare on all sides. The only thing in this room is a quivering black line 6 inches thick. It quivers as you approach.

Lai Shan:
When you approach the line, it forms the intricate image of a face well known and well feared--the stern face of Shura, the Syndicate trainer, in all his cold fury. This time the line traces every inch of his cruel and creaseless  face, his usual glare of disappointment and resentment watching your every step, waiting to call you on a missed move or failed tactic. You fight the urge to rage against his teachings, or crumple into a heap and sob. Even here in the Maze, you know you are not beyond the Syndicate's reach. To traverse the line will take about twenty-five minutes.


Lai Shan in Room 23
Spoiler: show
Lai Shan was in a good mood. Considering the narrow escape from Queensmen capture into an unknown painting dimension, things were going rather well. The labyrinth in the painting has thus far shown little resistance, and has even been helpful in some regards. There was supposed to be treasure here and the job would have been closed out on a good note. Lai Shan was in a good mood.

But not anymore.

There he was, staring down at her with cold, judging eyes, watching her every move. His razor-thin lips curled at just the tips in the smallest of smirks, as though something about his pupil's shortcomings bemused him. All at once the sensations came back; the cold stone floors of the old temple, the frigid air sending a chill crawling across her skin. Lai Shan's normally carefree smile had swiftly retreated, the optimistic shine in her eyes was gone. Her teeth were clenched, her lips were quivering, and she clutched herself with both arms, as though to shield herself from the cold, but also because his very stare felt as though it were exposing all of her weaknesses and vulnerabilities. She wanted to hide. She wanted to disappear. But where? He taught her everything she knows about hiding, about fighting, about lying and deceiving and using others. Even if she did hide, he would find her. Shura was always watching.

You're going to die, you know.

His lips didn't move, but she remembers the cut of his voice like it was yesterday.

All of us are. It is the nature of this business, you see. But those of us who work for it at least get to choose how we die.

"Stop it..."

Most of us are content to die with our knife in some governor's back, or having stoked the fire that burned down the grand cathedral, or beheaded at the behest of a grief-stricken baron for the murder of his only heir. So long as we leave our mark, we are fulfilled.

"Stop..."


She tried to cover her ears, but the voice was in her head.

But you're not one of us...are you?

"I said stop...!"

Of course, there is no mark for you to leave. Try as I may, there's only so much I can do with a lowborn student.


She could hear his voice and feel his oppressive stare upon her back, even as she fled through the rainy temple steps. He was there when she left. He could have stopped her at any time, but he didn't. Maybe he can just find her at his leisure, any time he wanted. Maybe he was tired of dealing with her. Or, in the most likely case, maybe this was his way of telling her that she isn't really free.

Honestly, it has been a challenge for me as your handler. But in the end, a lowborn is a lowborn, and no matter what you think you'll accomplish, you'll die in the same place we found you; deep in a rainy gutter.

"Leave me alone!"

By the time she had the courage to open her eyes again, Lai Shan found herself on the other side of the room, with Sharis, Seth, and Ashen beside her. Her eyes were damp with tears and she was in a cold sweat. She wiped her eyes clean, took a deep breath to steady herself and took a fresh glance of her new surroundings. One hall to the west and one hall to the east.

"Okay, so according to some information I got, this is the Medusa's 'private collection'. There ought to be something here. I'll check the dark areas, since I can see in there."

Fastening the belt around her sword's scabbard, she departed Eastward.

"I'm already getting tired of this place."

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #234 on: Jul 29, 2017, 09:54 PM »
Yoshiko, Room 29:
Spoiler: show
You strike the Id Pig as he runs off towards the network of halls Eastward, and he screams as the flesh reignites (Id Pig -6hp).

Peeking into (Room 31), you find a bed, table, chairs, numerous implements of the gardening craft, all in a quaint little hovel fit for a professional gardener. There is junk scattered all over the place as if the room had been ransacked at some point, but nothing's been touched in recently. There is another door marked "STORAGE" on the East wall of this room.

Lai Shan/Sharis/Seth, with Ashen, entering Room 24:
Spoiler: show
A voice from somewhere North echoes down the hall. Not crying now, but singing some sad song. At some point during the woman's chorus, a large dark figure drops from the ceiling--it is a 5-foot long scarab beetle, it's carapace golden and engraved with elvish script.

It rubs it pincers together and eagerly clicks its antennae. It raises its dagger-like forelegs and rushes towards Lai Shan.

Please roll INITIATIVE!
@Mister Kent:  1d20 initiative = (4) = 4 > Ambush Scarab

« Last Edit: Jul 29, 2017, 10:02 PM by Mister Kent »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #235 on: Jul 30, 2017, 02:29 PM »
Lai Shan/Sharis/Seth, with Ashen, entering Room 24:
Spoiler: show
A voice from somewhere North echoes down the hall. Not crying now, but singing some sad song. At some point during the woman's chorus, a large dark figure drops from the ceiling--it is a 5-foot long scarab beetle, it's carapace golden and engraved with elvish script.

It rubs it pincers together and eagerly clicks its antennae. It raises its dagger-like forelegs and rushes towards Lai Shan.

Please roll INITIATIVE!
@Mister Kent:  1d20 initiative = (4) = 4 > Ambush Scarab





Lai Shan in Room 24 [BATTLE!]

Spoiler: show
[OOC: Lai Shan's Initiative 1d20+4 = (15)+4 = 19]
[Turn 1]
Like a hail of maces, the consecutive footsteps of the giant beetle thundered down the hall as each clawed foot punched into the tiled floor. Instinctively, Lai Shan flicked her sword from its scabbard with a quick flourish and lunged forward to lay in a graceful horizontal cut.

[Lai Shan attacking with Short Sword 1d20+6 = (7)+6 = 13] [MISS!]

Predictably, the small blade pinged off of the metal creature's carapace without as much as a scratch. Lai Shan continued from the momentum of her turning cut to deliver a spinning roundhouse kick!

[Lai Shan attacking with Unarmed Strike 1d20+6 = (11)+6 = 17] [HIT!]
[Damage 1d4+4 = (3)+4 = 7 bludgeoning damage]

Lai Shan's foot slams into the side of the Scarab's face, turning it aside with an audible PANG!!  Stepping back to regain her distance, Lai Shan turns her head aside to the hall behind her.

"HEADS UP GUYS! WE HAVE COMPANY!"
« Last Edit: Jul 30, 2017, 08:21 PM by A Bad Idea »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #236 on: Jul 30, 2017, 03:38 PM »
Lai Shan/Sharis/Seth, with Ashen, Room 24 ROUND 1 BATTLE:
Spoiler: show

INITIATIVE
Lai Shan @A Bad Idea: 1d20+4 = (15)+4 = 19
Ashen @Mister Kent: 1d20 asheninit = (19) = 19
Seth @fukuro: 1d20+3 = (14)+3 = 17
Sharis @GPS/Will: 1d20+2 = (9)+2 = 11
Gibba @Mister Kent: 1d20 gibbainit = (7) = 7
Ambush Scarab @Mister Kent: 1d20 initiative = (4) = 4


Ashen Chanterelle recoils when the ambush scarab drops from above. "Save me, protectors!" she squeals, and defensively huddles back by Seth. She defensively draws Love Fool, her blunt-bladed dagger, and readies it in case the great monstrous bug breaks through Lai Shan and Sharis.

Seth, Room 24:
Spoiler: show
Being in close proximity to Ashen, you find that despite millennia in captivity she still looks amazing. Also, the way she drew that dagger was very practiced, like an experienced killer.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #237 on: Jul 31, 2017, 04:06 AM »
Seth, Room 24:
Spoiler: show
Being in close proximity to Ashen, you find that despite millennia in captivity she still looks amazing. Also, the way she drew that dagger was very practiced, like an experienced killer.


Seth, Room 24 [BATTLE]
Spoiler: show
[OOC: Insight roll on Ashen's moves 1d20+2  = (1)+2 = 3]
While Seth was flattered by Ashen's presence besides him, Lai Shan's warning of the ambushing beetle kept him from being completely distracted by Ashen, not paying too much heed to her dagger. He switched out his dagger for his longbow and pulled an arrow from his quiver before aiming at the monstrous insect. Once he aimed at his target well enough, he shot the arrow.

[Seth attacks with Longbow 1d20+5  = (11)+5 = 16]
[Damage 1d8  = (6) = 6 piercing damage]




*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #238 on: Jul 31, 2017, 04:10 AM »
Spoiler: show

Seeing what clearly appears to be a puzzle in front of her, Sovereign decides this is something for the more academically-inclined members of the group. Speaking of, she finally pays attention to Aaron's familiar, following it back to wherever it's going.

OOC: (Sovereign's leaving the room and following the owl back to Aaron and co)

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #239 on: Jul 31, 2017, 10:21 AM »
"About time," Aaron grumbles as Owl informs him of Sovereign's approach. He glances over at Luis. "Heal yourself, Bluis, I'm fine," he growls, his rage shifting toward the still-standing statue. Raising his crystal-topped maul once again, Aaron strikes at the statue, hoping to add it to the pile of statues on the floor in front of him.

@cuteapoot:  1d20+4  = (16)+4 = 20
@cuteapoot:  2d6+4  = (4+2)+4 = 10


His maul smashes into the statue as Aaron utters a curse on this whole goddamned maze and all of its godforsaken inhabitants!
« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2017, 04:55 PM by Bobo »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #240 on: Jul 31, 2017, 04:18 PM »
Sharis: Room 24 BATTLE
Spoiler: show

Sharis's skin tightens. His entire body tenses. The desert heat. That dead air, that barren wasteland. It racked his nerves to cross it, but now, before him, a creature of the very domain. And finally, something to fight.

Sharis's muscles quiver, his tattoos shimmer, and in a gutteral shout, he lunges forward with his maul, all too eager to let loose.

Sharis uses Reckless attack for advantage to hit, going into a Rage, the spirits of his ancestors swarming the scarab
1d20+6  = (13)+6 = 19
1d20+6  = (2)+6 = 8
Sharis rolls for damage 2d6+6  = (1+5)+6 = 12 bludgeon

« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2017, 04:21 PM by GPS-Device »
Minions, assemble!

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #241 on: Jul 31, 2017, 04:50 PM »
Luis fell to the ground. His backpack opening and spreading his itemes all around. Everyone had heard a bone or two cracking. (Surpisingly) He wasn't complaining, it didn't hurt. Not much at least, he did feel something was out of place though. Sparkly knew his collarbone would demand being felt once the Survival Instinct wore off.

Stretching his good arm, he grabbed the Healing Potion that had fallen out of his backpack. Offering it to Aaron. "Here..."

Aaron has reveived +1 Healing Potion!

"I don't..." He had somehow managed to get up, but that's as far as he could go "I don't think I can continue..."

No good, he was getting dizzy.

Completely ignoring what the bugbear had advised. He could easily avoid taking care of himself...
But the idea of someone else being in pain wasn't even debatable. Besides... For some reason, his magic didn't work on him.
Coincidentally, his Spiritual Book, was still nearby Aaron. His fur started glowing again as he casted one last spell "C-Cure Wounds..." The blue aura around him turning dim.

Cure Wounds roll
1d8 = (8 ) = 8


Panting, he curved, feeling like he was about to vomit. Or die. Probably die and then vomit.

Sovereign was on her way though. Luis already felt ashamed as it was.
Hopefully those two would be able to have a better chance at taking the golems on. He'd just get in the way. He was out of spells too.
« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2017, 05:15 PM by elge »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #242 on: Aug 01, 2017, 12:00 AM »
Truman, Room 174:
Spoiler: show
The Oku gratefully pass you and rush out into the Escher Room. Seeing the dangling rope you left, the leader bird and the archer bird scamper up and attempt to swing over to the North room (Room 8 ). The middle bird chirps something and begins to climb the walls, avoiding the whole messy staircase jumble and directly crawling spiderlike up to the next room.

From the hallway in the peacock's room, a flickering golden apparition appears, the aurum specter, or so-called "goldensoul" the Oku feared. It begins to float towards you menacingly. It radiates pure malice to all living things.

Truman entering Room 8:
Spoiler: show
Truman didn't wait for the goldsoul to make its move. Instead, he offered the spirit a quick salute as he dodged into the Escher room, shutting the door behind him. Truman tailed the Oku,
 scaling halfway up his climbing rope, coiling up the loose rope as he went. With one swing, two swings, and three, he leapt from the rope, holding the coiled rope in his off-hand, only to crash face first onto the floor of room 8.

OOC: Truman's Athletics(Dex) roll:
@Q-Bit:  1d20+4  = (4)+4 = 8

Right on target. Ha. Ha ha. Ouch.

 Scrambling to his feet, he tied the loose end of the rope to a nearby sconce and bolted toward the Oku, shouting toward them.

"Slow down, dammit! If you value your lives, we need to plan this out!"

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #243 on: Aug 01, 2017, 04:38 AM »

Aaron/Luis/Sovereign/Yoshiko, Rooms 28-31, ROUND FOUR:
Spoiler: show
INITIATIVE
Luis > 19 (healed Aaron)
Id Pig > 19
#1 Boyfriend > 16
Bad Statues 2-6 > 16
Yoshiko > 11
Sovereign > 9
Aaron > 8


The sizzling Id Pig runs past the fighting statues. "Deny your Id and be forever lost!" the creature squeals. He reaches the hallway's intersection, keels over and dies with a croaking gasp.

The boyfriend statue and its former ally continue to pummel each other over the fate of Yoshiko, but neither seems to damage the other.

The other statues advance on Aaron, Luis, and Sovereign, dealing great harm to Luis (-4hp) and Aaron (-7hp).


Lai Shan/Seth/Sharis, with Ashen, Room 25, ROUND ONE:
Spoiler: show


Lai Shan > 19 (successful unarmed strike, scarab -7hp)
Ashen > 19 (drew weapon)
Seth > 17 (failed arrow)
Sharis > 11 (reckless attack, scarab -12hp)
Gibba > 7 (GIB! GIB!)
Ambush Scarab > 4


Somewhere at the back of the group, childsnake Gibba waves his wooden sword and hollers.

The great golden scarab beetle is unfazed by Seth's arrow, which glances off its carapace. It is however annoyed by Lai Shan and Sharis's attacks (-7 and -12hp to the scarab, respectively). Enfuriated, the beetle rears up, first stabbing with its front pincers, then rending with its clawed limbs, doing significant harm to Shari's (-9hp after resistances).


Truman and the Oku, Room 8:
Spoiler: show



The aurum specter does not pursue you any further.

Entering (Room 8 ), you find a 5-foot tall coiled shell, rocking what looks like a mutant infant, fast asleep. The Oku creep quietly past the monstrous baby and its nurse, only to walk right into a quartet of masked men at the North end of the room. The Oku and the men make motions to shush you, but the baby begins to stir.

(Please make a Stealth check to creep past the baby...)

« Last Edit: Aug 01, 2017, 05:05 PM by Mister Kent »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #244 on: Aug 01, 2017, 07:17 AM »
Yoshiko, Room 28-31
Spoiler: show

Seeing the vile pig rambling about desire bite it, Yoshiko let out a sigh of relief. Now she had to make sure the mad dog and what she presumed was an enraged Aaron were alright on the other side. And not making the situation worse. She very much doubted the latter.

Seeing her "boyfriend" and the other statue pummel each other to no avail, she decided to take a gamble. One of favor. And appeal.

She placed a hand in front of the attacking statue in a halting gesture before going to her "boyfriend's" side and giving him... a hug. Making a pouty face, she gently lead her boyfriend over to the room her comrades were at, keeping watch and readying herself to hide behind the good statue at the sign of danger.

Yoshiko will be leading her boyfriend over to the others as if she was a girlfriend. She will also be using the Dodge action if possible while at it with boyfriend by her side for extra protection.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #245 on: Aug 01, 2017, 12:50 PM »
Lai Shan, Room 25 [COMBAT!]

Spoiler: show

TURN 2
[OOC: Lai Shan attacking with Flurry of Blows]
1d20+6  = (7)+6 = 13 [MISS!]
1d20+6  = (17)+6 = 23 [HIT!]
1d20+6  = (15)+6 = 21 [HIT!]
1d4+4  = (4)+4 = 8 Bludgeoning Damage
1d4+4  = (4)+4 = 8 Bludgeoning Damage
TOTAL: 16 Bludgeoning Damage


Lai Shan watches the Scarab's movements carefully, anticipating its next move. Right on cue, as Sharis comes roaring in with a mighty slam of his hammer, the Scarab turns its attention to him and flings its bladed claws and gnashing teeth at him, intent on turning the brave Triton into fish sticks! With the Scarab's attention turned, Lai Shan takes the opportunity to unleash a swift combo attack! She springs off the floor and opens with a spinning axe kick. The blow merely glances off the beetle's metallic carapace, but it places Lai Shan close enough to firmly stomp other foot forward and advance with a powerful double palm thrust. The force of the impact rings throughout the halls as the beetle staggers backwards, giving Lai Shan enough room to follow with a turning thrust kick that strikes with the strength of a battering ram!

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #246 on: Aug 01, 2017, 05:58 PM »
Sovereign, into Room 28
Spoiler: show

Seeing these two in somehow getting themselves into a fine mess by themselves, Sovereign throws down her torch and unsheathes her pact weapon, which took the form of a long sword. Shoving Luis to the side, she enters the room and strikes at the nearest statue [4], her eldritch powers to bringing the sword to bear on her target.

Attack Roll : 1d20+6  = (18)+6 = 24
Damage (Versatile/Magic/Slashing) : (1d10)+3+1  = (9)+4 = 13

« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2017, 12:23 AM by Ten Dead Kings »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #247 on: Aug 01, 2017, 09:35 PM »
"Glad you could join us," Aaron growls as Owl flies off to find Yoshiko. He looks from the statues to Luis and Sovereign and notices how even the most damaged statue is hardly slowing down.

"Dammit," he barks, "we're hardly doing anything! How are we supposed to get past these damn statues?"

Aaron swings his maul once again, smashing its metal head into the statue's stone one.

@cuteapoot:  1d20+4  = (14)+4 = 18
@cuteapoot:  2d6+4  = (3+2)+4 = 9

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #248 on: Aug 01, 2017, 10:45 PM »
He didn't even complain this time. Just a very subtle groan as he tried to keep his balance.
With zombie-like slow movements, and with a face of pain, he was able to notice how Sovereign was behind them. His tail wagged, Luis was too wounded to even care about avoiding to show some sort of happy gesture at her. "Sov-Sovereign..."
However, just as his grin appeared, it left, being now replaced by the reaction of a sudden twinge in his shoulder. "Ughyah! B-be gentle, I'm hurt...!" He whined. Moving now his tail between his leg, and lowering his ears.

Happy about his favorite warlock being with them? Screw that. She's a meanie...

Barely being able to observe and process Aaron's actions, it seemed they were still going to continue fighting.

"Alright..." He inhaled before speaking "[By Monomythica's will, I shall defend my friends...]"

The Pencil Weapon lunged itself.


Spiritual Pencil hit roll
1d20+4 = (19) + 4 = 23

Spiritual Pencil damage roll
1d8+4 = (8 )+4 = 12


Luis chuckled as he saw Monomythica's pencil clearly take a chunk off the walking statue. "Not bad..."
An odor in the air suddenly entered his nostrils. "Is that... Bacon? I could really use some food right now..." He panted.
« Last Edit: Aug 01, 2017, 10:48 PM by elge »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #249 on: Aug 02, 2017, 02:04 AM »
"I'm only here because your flying featherball wouldn't leave me alone," Sovereign snapped at Aaron. "How in the Nine Hells did you two pick a fight with these statues anyway?!"

 


Latest Topics -

 
Entervoid Script Challenge 
Last updated: Astro Sean - Today at 07:32 AM
Challenges Thread 
Last updated: Dechado - Nov 13, 2018, 10:38 PM
/[|| RETRIBUTION: Order vs Chaos ||]\ 
Last updated: PyrasTerran - Nov 13, 2018, 09:50 PM
Stan Lee Tribute Art Jam 
Last updated: Golden - Nov 13, 2018, 06:45 PM
\V/CAST 
Last updated: PyrasTerran - Nov 13, 2018, 05:17 PM
 

Latest Members -


Users online -

 
54 Guests, 5 Users



Most Online Today: 111.
Most Online Ever: 1,050 (Aug 30, 2015, 03:43 AM)

 

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us