IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #200 on: Jul 25, 2017, 11:13 PM »


Sovereign, Room 6:
Spoiler: show

King Sanguifluus grimaces as the three swords shift uncomfortably within his torso. The sword wounds do not bleed, and the blades themselves look like they can be easily removed from the King's body.

"The Medusa is timeless eons old, and has seen untold Armageddons sweep the World clean. I am not as old as she, but like her I am undying. Born of the Goddess Chronia Torn, one of the Triarchy, I do not cling to life! Life and I are merely stuck together," he laments.

"The Medusa destroyed my three most loyal servants, trapped their souls within me, and sealed them there with these swords. Removing the swords will free all of us from our misery." He groans again, more loudly.

"A word of warning," Sanguifluus adds in a quavering yet grandfatherly tone, as if having a sudden spontaneous moment of clarity from the pain, and reaches for your arm. "As you explore the Maze, you will see things of strange and terrible beauty, and things not of your world. The rooms and all their beings, torn from other places like cross-dimensional driftwood. Never wonder how such things came to exist in this Maze. To qualify for imprisonment in the Maze is to be a singularly dangerous entity, one that the Medusa has deemed a threat to the continued existence of the World out there. Vigilance, maiden! Do not be fooled!"

King Sanguifluus then lapses once more into ragged breaths and groans of pain.


Spoiler: show

INSIGHT @Ten Dead Kings:  1d20+1  = (20)+1 = 21

Despite the King's appearance in this strange maze, Sovereign feels that he is not trying to be deceptive. She comes closer to him, and lays a hand on the pommel of one of the swords. "Very well. I will grant you your wish. But I have one final question: If I do pull out all three of these swords, and you still stand, how does one kill the son of a god?"

At the end of the sentence, Sovereign grips handle and pulls out a sword.

"You do want to die, correct?"

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #201 on: Jul 26, 2017, 11:13 AM »
Luis' Initiative roll
1d20+1 = (18)+1 = 19
Mister Kent -
Luis is fastdawg
elgesugha -
Gotta sparkle fast
[/sub]

"Ugh, do you smell that?" Luis expressedin disgust "There are a lot of odors in here. Not all pleasant... And... I think Cat? It's the most faint one"

Before he could continue monologuing at his buddy, a weird loud low pitched moaning sound filled Luis's ears, which he reacted by flinching and shivering, clearly uncomfortable.



"Had that been Yoshiko? No... She has a way different tone. Wait, do cats make low sounds when-"

"You know. On second thought. I think I'll stay out here and-"
Spotting some humanoid sturdy-looking... Rocks? Adorned with long thin vines, with a menacing gesture that were moving towards him and Aaron, Sparkly took out his dagger.

"[Resistencia]" He said as he touched the back of the bugbear.

Spoiler: show

Resistance
You touch one willing creature. Once before the spell ends, the target can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to one saving throw of its choice. It can roll the die before or after making the saving throw. The spell then ends.
« Last Edit: Jul 26, 2017, 11:19 AM by elge »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #202 on: Jul 26, 2017, 04:39 PM »
Lai Shan, Room 9

Spoiler: show
Lai Shan looks across the gap and spots Sharis, with Seth and Lady Chantrelle not far behind! Enthusiastically, she waves at them and hurries across the bridge to meet them.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #203 on: Jul 26, 2017, 06:25 PM »

Aaron/Luis/Yoshiko, Rooms 28-30 INITIATIVE:
Spoiler: show

Luis @elgesugha:  1d20+1  = (18)+1 = 19
Id Pig @Mister Kent:  1d20 initiative = (19) = 19 << First round spent eagerly awaiting removal of debris
Bad Statues @Mister Kent:  1d20  = (16) = 16 << These statues clearly want to mangle you all with their misshapen fists
Yoshiko @Jiisuri:  1d20+4 initiative = (7)+4 = 11 << First round used pawing at the creature's barricade
Aaron @Aaron Khuulurgrek Grok:  1d20  = 8 = 8

Yoshiko's WIS check vs the Id Pig @Jiisuri:  1d20+4 initiative = (7)+4 = 11
STR check on barricade @Jiisuri:  1d20+1  = (5)+1 = 6

Aaron/Luis/Yoshiko, Rooms 28-30:
Spoiler: show

The beast in (Room 30) grumbles noisily as it waits for Yoshiko to remove the barricade of shelves preventing his release. His grunts gradually begin to turn into speech. "All of it can be yours," he snorts to Yoshiko confidently. "I will show you the way..."

The statues near launch an all-out attack, enraged by Aaron's fiery threat. While none of the stone foes land any meaningful blows on Aaron, one statue rounds the curved wall and pummels Luis square in the chest with his knobby rock fist. The attack hurts like hell (-4hp to Luis), but not enough to break the concentration on his Resistance spell.

The romantic statue near Yoshiko sees his feline would-be paramour distracted, and raises his fist--but cannot act, standing frozen as if afraid to strike her down.

Yoshiko has her back turned to the statue. Spurred on by the grunting pig-thing, she instinctively stoops over to remove the barricade from the beast, but paws at it ineffectually, finding the mass of debris too heavy for her lithe limbs to carry.

Bad Statue 5 @Mister Kent: 1d20+3 vsAaron = (9)+3 = 12
Bad Statue 6 @Mister Kent: 1d20+3 vsAaron = (4)+3 = 7
Bad Statue 4 @Mister Kent: 1d20+3 vsLuis = (16)+3 = 19
Damage @Mister Kent: 1d8 vsLuis = (4) = 4
@elgesugha: 1d20+2 = (14)+2 = 16 >> Luis maintains concentration!
BS3 moves North, BS2 moves South
Bad Statue 1 @Mister Kent: 1d20+3 vsYoshiko = (1)+3 = 4

Aaron's turn, then we begin again!

Sovereign, Room 6:
Spoiler: show

"I assure you," Sanguifluus insists, "My life will end as these swords are removed. And yes, yes, I want that more than anything. My knights, the vaporized thanes, might be more stubborn. You may have to put them down more forcefully. Please locate my mother just north of us within the Maze, and tell her I am at peace." He painfully exhales another flicker of glowing gas, and his eyes well up with tears.
 
As you go to grip a sword, you see the three swords have different patterned hilts. One is rust-colored metal etched like grapevines, the pommel resembling a bunch of grapes. One is gold-plated with a pommel shaped like a little crown. The last sword's hilt is an ashen pewter color, shaped like a tree.
 
(Which sword are you removing?)

« Last Edit: Jul 28, 2017, 04:13 PM by Mister Kent »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #204 on: Jul 26, 2017, 07:09 PM »
"My apologies," Aaron said, shifting his weight onto Luis as he took a big swing at the statue attacking his friend. Even with the power of friendship driving Aaron's maul, his newly unbalanced body and throbbing stump kept him from being able to land a proper hit. His maul glanced off of the statue as he swore under his breath.

OOC:
Original attack roll: @Aaron Khuulurgrek Grok:  1d20+4  = (5)+4 = 9
Inspiration attack roll: @Aaron Khuulurgrek Grok:  1d20+4  = (5)+4 = 9
woo

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #205 on: Jul 26, 2017, 10:53 PM »
Spoiler: show

Sovereign goes for the gold-plated one first.


*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #206 on: Jul 27, 2017, 02:03 AM »
Sharis steps forward on the rope bridge with little hesitation.

"Well, it looks like there are many roads to our destination. Fantastic! We can charge forward even more confidently!"

Sharis laughs, pressing ever forward.
Minions, assemble!

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #207 on: Jul 27, 2017, 02:05 AM »
Caught off guard, he yelped as he felt the punch hit him directly. "[*swearing in Sylvan*]" He somehow was able to endure the pain, and keep concentrating on assiting his friend.
"Aaron... A little help?" He puffed. But wasn't able to react in time as the bugbear leaned on him for support. "Wh-Wha-!?"

Luis' Strength check
1d20-1 = (3)-1 = 2


"Hurk!"

Maybe it had been the Power of Friendship that had allowed him to be able to hold the bigger one. Luis wasn't exactly known for his physical power.
Or maybe the envy he had towards Sharis fueled him to push himself further. The Triton sure would have a laugh looking at him struggling to keep up.
Heck, it could even be he was impulsed by the anger he felt towards Seth.

Whichever it was, it was working.

...


Who are you kidding Luis, of course it isn't.


"Bichoso... I-..." He started trembling, his legs were ready to give up.

No...
Aaron was in a lot of pain, and was exceeding his limit already. Sparkly couldn't ask him to avoid using him to balance his weight.

"[Fucking shit...]" He inhaled.

"[Monomythica, hear my plea!]"

His fur started glowing, emanating some kind of blue colored energy. This ethereal substance quickly shaped into a overly-sized book and a pen resembling a sword. These weapons took an agressive stance, and positioned themselves next to Aaron

"Alright... Now we are talking..." He panted "Let's go, fuzzbear"

Luis gestured his hand, ordering the Pencil to attack.

1d20+4 = (12)+4 = 16
 
Spoiler: show
Spiritual Weapon
You create a floating, spectral weapon within range that lasts for the duration or until you cast this spell again. When you cast the spell, you can make a melee spell attack against a creature within 5 feet of the weapon. On a hit, the target takes 1d8 force damage + your spellcasting ability modifier.

As a bonus action on your turn, you can move the weapon up to 20 feet and repeat the attack against a creature within 5 feet of it.

The weapon can take whatever form you choose.

Note: The strength check was for fun.
« Last Edit: Jul 27, 2017, 11:38 AM by elge »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #208 on: Jul 27, 2017, 09:44 PM »
Truman, Room 174:
Spoiler: show

The mechanical peacock returns to the center of the room next to the food table. You can notice that amidst the rotten food sits a cheap-looking bottle of white wine. It wobbles as the peacock's fanned tail knocks into the table.

Someone down the hall shouts: "SQUAWKsquawkSQUACK! THEY'RE RIGHT ON OUR TAILS-OKU!"

Three masked figures run frantically into the room from the East. They are humanoid bodies wearing bird masks, and they squawk and chirp like birds as well. They are in such a rush they run right through the ghost boy, which startles him terribly.


The figure in front has a jaunty cap and shouts through her bird mask's open beak. "We got the stuff-oku! They're on our tails! Help us-oku!" Dangling from her right hand you see a large ornate key on a silver chain.

The ghost boy looks down the hall at what pursues them, screams silently, and vanishes. A pulsating golden glow looms closer from the East.

"Thieves!" the peacock shouts disdainfully and flaps his metal wings. "Pitiful excuses for birds!"

The bird-masked trio mean to run by you into (Room 4). "Come with us and we'll cut you in on the big score-oku!" the leader bird implores you.


Sovereign, Room 6:
Spoiler: show

You slide the crowned sword from the bloodless wound, and hear Sanguifluus sigh in relief. As he sighs, a static neon cloud puffs out of the sword wound, flickering staccato like a projected wraith. The sword tingles in your hand, and you instantly feel so much cooler (+1 CHA).

"My sssword," the cloud hisses, then rises to the ceiling where it remains, hovering and watching you.

Sanguifluus drops to his knees. "Yes, keep going!" he pleads.


Sharis/Seth/Lai Shan, with Ashen, Room 9:
Spoiler: show

Gathered together on the small semi-circular landing north of the bridges, you stand in the doorway to the next chamber (Room 10). You see what looks almost like a game room, with an over-sized chess set in the middle and a few random toys strewn about (hoola hoop, wooden ball, croquet mallet). Sitting in the room is a 4-foot long creature best described as a "child-snake", gibbering and cooing and chewing on something he's probably not supposed to put in his mouth. In his left hand he holds a wooden sword with edges smoothed for safety. He also has a little patchwork pouch at his side.


Around the edges of the room, 4 masked men  straighten up after the child-snake, putting toys in their place and relighting extinguished torches. The child-snake playfully snaps at them if they venture too close, but doesn't seem interested in hurting them.

Three of the men have youthful athletic bodies, the fourth is older but no less fit. They carry shoulder-bags and torches. Their papier-mache masks are the faces frumpy plain-faced women.

Ashen nudges Sharis but speaks so Seth and Lai Shan can hear. "Those are the "bondees" I told you about, used to come to clean my room. Seems to be their sole function in the Maze. The "Bondye Reparate..."


The wide room has two open doorways on the North wall. The next room to the Northwest seems dark, while the room to the Northeast is brightly lit.


Aaron/Luis/Yoshiko, Rooms 28-30, ROUND TWO:
Spoiler: INITIATIVE • show


Luis (attacked)
Id Pig
Bad Statues 1-6
Yoshiko
Aaron

Spoiler: show

Luis's spiritual weapon pierces the nearest statue's chest, causing a hairline crack. (Statue 4 -1hp)
@elgesugha:  1d20+4  = (12)+4 = 16
@Mister Kent:  1d8  = (1) = 1


Frustrated and enraged at Yoshiko's feeble attempt to free him, the fearsome creature lowers his horns and rams the barricade keeping him back. "The Id Pig must be freed!" he grunts as his horns smash the shelves into pieces. "Untold riches! Follow me to glory! The world is yours, you just don't know it yet..."

The enraged statues close in on the party, two stone attackers for each party member. The romantic statue still cannot bring itself to strike Yoshiko, but his companion rushes in from the North and clocks her in the gut (Yoshiko -5hp, 13/18hp). They refuse to harm Luis (still 21/25hp) as his holy floating book seems to diffuse their blows. Aaron doesn't fair as well, as the first enemy statue punches him in the ribs, and a second kicks him on his bloody stump (Aaron -10hp, 9/28hp).
@Mister Kent: 1d20+3 vsYoshiko = (3)+3 = 6
@Mister Kent: 1d20+3 vsYoshiko = (17)+3 = 20
@Mister Kent: 1d8 vsYoshiko = (5) = 5

@Mister Kent: 1d20+3 vsAaron = (18)+3 = 21
@Mister Kent: 1d8 = (5) = 5
@Mister Kent: 1d20+3 vsAaron = (18)+3 = 21
@Mister Kent: 1d8 = (5) = 5

« Last Edit: Jul 27, 2017, 10:13 PM by Mister Kent »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #209 on: Jul 27, 2017, 10:01 PM »
Yoshiko, room 29-30, audible from room 28
Spoiler: show

Something about what the pig said pissed Yoshiko off. It sounded enticing at first, riches and comfort. Anyone would like that. Anyone sane.

However, any conman would promise that. And this one was probably cheating with magic.

The punch in the gut from nearby simply helped her snap to her senses.

"Riches? Luxury? Interesting. Yess... but..."

She whipped out a flask of oil and dunked it onto the pig.

"Y'need t'learn bout negotiatin', y'big tub o'lard!"

Her hands moved quickly, retrieving and slapping a flask of alchemist's fire at the pig.

"Nah talk, y'horned swine! Y'make deals o' my terms, no tricks! Else i'not free y'from th' fire'ell an 'av bacon f'supper!"

In infernal
"Or would you prefer to talk in this tongue, you arrogant stinkhole!

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #210 on: Jul 27, 2017, 10:26 PM »
Yoshiko, Rooms 29-30, audible from Room 28:
Spoiler: show

@Mister Kent:  1d4+5 burnpiggy = (4)+5 = 9

The Id Pig squeals and rages as the alchemists fire ignites the oil. The sizzling flesh has a sweet smell, and the creature shoves his fat face towards you.

(In Infernal)
"Curse upon you, hybrid! You'll die before you ever reach fulfillment!"

The Id Pig's flesh burns, but you can tell he's far from dead yet.


*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #211 on: Jul 28, 2017, 01:20 AM »
Lai Shan in Room 9
Spoiler: show
Having crossed the bridge, Lai Shan regroups with the others and gives Ashen a big smile and a friendly wave.
"Good to see you here safe, Ms. Chantrelle. Likely so, in the company of our marine crusader and our shady woodsman!"

Lai Shan turns to look at Sharis. "Although if you're here, that must mean you're looking for a big fight, yeah?" Peering into the next room, Lai Shan observes the strange snake baby and its attendants.

"...not sure if that's the fight up ahead..."

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #212 on: Jul 28, 2017, 05:33 AM »
Sharis, Room 10
Spoiler: show

Sharis looks around the room, taking stock of its inhabitants.

"So these are the cleaners then?"

He turns to face Lai Shan.

"I must agree. I was told the Medusa lie to the north, but it appears that not all in this maze is as threatening as I had hoped."

Sharis presses forward, heading toward the Northeast door, paying little mind to the Bondees or the Child Snake.
Minions, assemble!

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #213 on: Jul 28, 2017, 02:50 PM »
Aaron/Luis/Yoshiko, Rooms 28-30, ROUND TWO:
Spoiler: show
Aaron doesn't fair as well, as the first enemy statue punches him in the ribs, and a second kicks him on his bloody stump (Aaron -10hp, 9/28hp).

@Mister Kent: 1d20+3 vsAaron = (18)+3 = 21
@Mister Kent: 1d8 = (5) = 5
@Mister Kent: 1d20+3 vsAaron = (18)+3 = 21
@Mister Kent: 1d8 = (5) = 5


After years of study focused on the art of Divination, Aaron's Third Eye has begun to form vague visions of the future. As the second statue extends its stony leg, this new companion in Aaron's mind activates, and he moves his leg just in time to avoid the attack.

As a Wizard trained in the School of Divination, Aaron is gifted with the Portent class feature, which allows him to replace an attack, save, or ability check roll with one of two d20 rolls I have pre-rolled. I replace the second statue's 18 with a 5, bringing its final value of 8 below Aaron's AC. I can use this feature once per turn and must have a long rest before I can roll another pair of d20's to apply using this feature again.

THAT'S IT, Aaron's anger begins to boil over. With a roar, he swings his maul toward the head of the statue that tried to kick his stump, narrowly missing as his rage engages.

Seriously, what the fuck.
@Aaron Khuulurgrek Grok:  1d20+4  = (8)+4 = 12
@Aaron Khuulurgrek Grok:  1d20+4 inspiration = (7)+4 = 11


EDIT: Forgot about someone important!
@Aaron Khuulurgrek Grok:  1d20+1 Owl Initiative = (15)+1 = 16


As Aaron bursts into rage mode, a tiny ball of fluff flies out of his hood. Look! It's Owl, Aaron's fey familiar! Only 5 inches tall and almost as wide, Owl looks like a ball of lint next to the hulking bugbear it calls Father. Well, it calls him "Who," but that's Owl for "Father."

Owl flaps its sleepy wings. Good morning, Owl! The day has already begun! You've missed a lot! Owl hoots quietly at Aaron. Hello, Who! Owl flaps its wings once more, and it has begun a great adventure through the maze! Owl leaves the room. It floats over the shadow-pits with ease. It hoots happily. Owl dives into the door to the north of the shadow-pit room. Where is sword mage? Help Owl find Sovereign!
« Last Edit: Jul 28, 2017, 04:16 PM by Bobo »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #214 on: Jul 28, 2017, 03:40 PM »
Aaron, Room 28:
Spoiler: show
You are now 5hp up, so 14/28 hp.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #215 on: Jul 28, 2017, 03:54 PM »
"Wait... Was that cat?"

Luis' Strength check
1d20-1 = (1)-1 = 0
ARE YOU SERIOUS


"Ghu-ah!" Luis lost balance as his friend tried to attack one of the statues, making both of them fall. Thankfully, Aaron fell on him, taking no damage to his hurting limb. "Bichoso, I know you're angry and all, but I am the one carrying you! I am not the strongest one of the bunch!" He complained, as he huffed.

"Well... Since we are down here, might be a good idea trying to treat those nasty hits from the dumb stones attacking us"


"[Curar Heridas]" He spoke, while landing his hand softly on Aaron's fur.

Cure Wounds roll
1d8+ 2 = (2)+2 = 4


Sparkly's hand started glowing, as some energy mended some of the bugbears's bruises.

"[Palabra de Amor]" Luis continued.

...But nothing happened? The spell was supposed to be instantaneous, what was going on-

The canine's blood rushed to his cheeks, gasping with a loud "Oh shit!"
"[P-palabra de Sanacio'n!]"
You could clearly hear how the cleric facepalmed several times. Using a different curse word everytime he did.

Healing Word roll
1d4+2 = (2)+2 = 4


"Th-that... Should keep you going for a bit" He stammered "Could you please get off me now?" With a whine added, he said between teeth "And fuzzbear... Whatever you do, please don't look up what [Amor] means..."
 
Total HP healed = 8

« Last Edit: Jul 28, 2017, 03:59 PM by elge »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #216 on: Jul 28, 2017, 04:20 PM »
Lai Shan, Room 10
Spoiler: show
Remembering the location of the Medusa's Private Gallery, according to the mummified lizard, Lai Shan follows Sharis to the northeast exit.

[OOC: Exiting room 10 heading North East!]

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #217 on: Jul 28, 2017, 04:33 PM »
Seth, Room 10:
Spoiler: show
Seth continues to trail behind Lai Shan towards the northeastern room. He keeps his eyes on the snake child and the attendants, making sure he's prepared if there's any random attacks happening while their backs are turned. 

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #218 on: Jul 28, 2017, 06:15 PM »
Truman, Room 174:
Spoiler: show

The mechanical peacock returns to the center of the room next to the food table. You can notice that amidst the rotten food sits a cheap-looking bottle of white wine. It wobbles as the peacock's fanned tail knocks into the table.

Someone down the hall shouts: "SQUAWKsquawkSQUACK! THEY'RE RIGHT ON OUR TAILS-OKU!"

Three masked figures run frantically into the room from the East. They are humanoid bodies wearing bird masks, and they squawk and chirp like birds as well. They are in such a rush they run right through the ghost boy, which startles him terribly.


The figure in front has a jaunty cap and shouts through her bird mask's open beak. "We got the stuff-oku! They're on our tails! Help us-oku!" Dangling from her right hand you see a large ornate key on a silver chain.

The ghost boy looks down the hall at what pursues them, screams silently, and vanishes. A pulsating golden glow looms closer from the East.

"Thieves!" the peacock shouts disdainfully and flaps his metal wings. "Pitiful excuses for birds!"

The bird-masked trio mean to run by you into (Room 4). "Come with us and we'll cut you in on the big score-oku!" the leader bird implores you.
Truman, Room 174:
Spoiler: show
Truman knew trouble when he saw it, but he felt someone had to do something about the thieves. It was becoming clearer to him that what Lady Capilli told him was true,
that this place was not meant to be tampered with. Maybe the 'birds' would listen to reason, but if not, he readies his whip in one hand and a dagger in the other,
held firmly but not threateningly.

"Someone should make sure those three aren't up to no good. You're busy here, so I'll go ahead. I'll try to be quick."

Truman makes haste on his way toward the trio.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #219 on: Jul 28, 2017, 09:47 PM »

Truman, Room 174:
Spoiler: show

The mechanical peacock chatters more in disgust. "Help! Those blasted Oku are back!" he calls to the glimmering lights down the hall.

The lead thief stands in front of you, jogging in place. "Let us through-oku!" she yells. "We got the KEY, man, don't you see? To the Medusa's Treasury! We'll split the take with you, but if we don't go right now, the aurum spectres will catch up and kill us all!"

Her two compatriots squawk excitedly. "Goldsouls on our six-oku!" the one with the quiver of arrows shrieks.


Sharis/Seth/Lai Shan, Room 9 to Room 10:
Spoiler: show

The Bondees cordially nod as you pass through. When finished with their work they prepare to move South. They leave a packet of dried rations behind in case you need it, setting it carefully in a little bowl on the floor.

"Hayyy," the slobbering child-snake says as each of you pass him by. "Wadoo?"

"Umventurers?" he asks quietly as he gnaws on his wooden sword. "Momma don' want umventurers in hur hoss. Nuhuh!" He coughs on his spit and throws his sword down. "Play with Gibba? Or Gibba come too?" He begins to slither after you slowly, the large rook-shaped knot in his stomach making it difficult.

When you reach the Northeast room (Room 10), you see a stark white room, bare on all sides. The only thing in this room is a quivering black line 6 inches thick. It quivers as you approach.

Sharis:
As the first to step on, you see the line shift beneath your feet. It takes the shape of a vivid picture, a scorching desert with no shelter, littered with the bones of warriors. The line is winding but unbroken, and the image is fairly simple, but you almost feel the dreadful heat of this scene. You know in the pit of your heart that the desert and the Maze are similar. Here, so far from the salty embrace of the sea, your people will never find your bones. Walking this line at a slow and steady pace will take only three minutes, thankfully.

Lai Shan:
When you approach the line, it forms the intricate image of a face well known and well feared--the stern face of Shura, the Syndicate trainer, in all his cold fury. This time the line traces every inch of his cruel and creaseless  face, his usual glare of disappointment and resentment watching your every step, waiting to call you on a missed move or failed tactic. You fight the urge to rage against his teachings, or crumple into a heap and sob. Even here in the Maze, you know you are not beyond the Syndicate's reach. To traverse the line will take about twenty-five minutes.

Seth:
You are presented with a homey scene--yourself, a loving spouse at your side, dear friends sitting down to a shared meal. Your crew members appear to visit, taking a place at your hearth, warmly sharing joyous stories of that time you all broke into this crazy Maze and royally fucked shit up. And you did it together. You know that this scene can never be--must never be! You can never know that warmth, that connection, because then you will have something to lose. You can't--WON'T lose anything else, never again. You shed a small tear as this dream dies in your heart, and you walk the line for thirteen minutes. You make the walk alone. This is the way it must always be, you remind yourself.

You all see Ashen cross, and her line takes the form of a chain. She can cross in five minutes.
« Last Edit: Jul 28, 2017, 10:03 PM by Mister Kent »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #220 on: Jul 28, 2017, 10:43 PM »
Sovereign, Room 6:
Spoiler: show
Aaron's owl approaches from the direction of Aaron, Luis, and Yoshiko. It frantically flutters and tries to get your attention.

Aaron/Luis/Yoshiko, Rooms 28-30, ROUND THREE:
Spoiler: show

INITIATIVE
Luis > 19 (healed Aaron)
Id Pig > 19
Owl > 16 (fetching Sovereign)
Bad Statues 1-6 > 16
Yoshiko > 11
Sovereign > 9
Aaron > 8


The vile creature proclaiming itself as the Id Pig bursts through the shattered remnant of his barricade and into (Room 29). It says nothing more, just laughs maniacally as the burning oil seeps into his flesh (-7hp). He screams as he thrusts his horns, cutting into Yoshiko's arm. The pig looks like he's getting weary...
@Mister Kent: 1d4+5 piggyburning = (2)+5 = 7
@Mister Kent: 1d20+4 piggyvskitty = (15)+4 = 19
@Mister Kent: 4d4 piggydamage = (1+4+1+2) = 8

Yoshiko -8, 5/18hp


Seeing the tabaxi in a vulnerable position, the #1 Stone Boyfriend Statue sees Statue-2 coming for Yoshiko and takes a swing. Statue-2 turns its attentions to the other statue, who seems to be overwhelmed with something, but neither can seem to harm the other.
@Mister Kent:  1d20+3 statueonstatue = (6)+3 = 9
@Mister Kent:  1d20+3 statueretaliation = (5)+3 = 8


The statues in (Room 28) continue their relentless assault on Aaron and Luis.
@Mister Kent:  1d20+3 vsLuis = (11)+3 = 14
@Mister Kent:  1d8 Luisdamage = (7) = 7
@Mister Kent:  1d20+3 vsLuis = (15)+3 = 18
@Mister Kent:  1d8 Luisdamage = (3) = 3

@Mister Kent:  1d20+3 vsAaron = (17)+3 = 20
@Mister Kent:  1d8 Aarondamage = (4) = 4
@Mister Kent:  1d20+3 vsAaron = (10)+3 = 13
@Mister Kent:  1d8 Aarondamage = (1) = 1

Luis -10, 11/25hp
Aaron -5, 17/28hp

Next Yoshiko > Sovereign > Aaron
« Last Edit: Jul 28, 2017, 10:57 PM by Mister Kent »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #221 on: Jul 28, 2017, 11:03 PM »
Sovereign, Room 6:
Spoiler: show
Aaron's owl approaches from the direction of Aaron, Luis, and Yoshiko. It frantically flutters and tries to get your attention.

Spoiler: show

"Damned bird, I'm busy here!" Sovereign says, ignoring it, and continuing the process of removing the swords. She props up the golden one against the wall, and decides to pull out both the remaining swords still stuck inside the King at once.

"What could that bugbear possibly want at this time?" she wonders, as she grips both handles and pulls.


*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #222 on: Jul 28, 2017, 11:17 PM »
Yoshiko, Rooms 28-30
Spoiler: show

Yoshiko was about to taunt at the pig further, but it's sudden display of power to break free from its own bonds proved unexpected. She let out a cry of pain as the horn cut her arm and immediately took evasive actions.

Out of instinct, she ended up behind her Boyfriend Statue, who had... protected her?

This was certainly a first. From something(one?) like that too.

Yoshiko found herself dazed for a while before she remembered she was in in quite a bit of danger. She clutched her arm and pointed at the Id Pig.

"Help me, please! Es' tryin't kill me!"
With that, she kept herself light on her feet and focused her attention on the other statue.

Yoshiko takes Disengage as a bonus Cunning Action, and goes behind Boyfriend to avoid pig attack. She will then take Dodge action with her attention to other statues.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #223 on: Jul 29, 2017, 10:54 AM »
Owl flutters urgently. Come on, sword lady! Who needs help!

Too bad Sovereign doesn't speak owl. Owl flutters around and looks at the room. It tries to get Sovereign's attention with some more hoots and flapping. Owl tells Who what it sees.
@Aaron Khuulurgrek Grok:  repeat(1d20+3, 2) Owl perception (advantage on sight/hearing) = (18)+3 = 21, (10)+3 = 13

Meanwhile, Aaron swings his maul sideways, attempting to knock Statue 3 into Statues 5 & 6. He calls upon his Portent ability once again to ensure he at least lands a hit against Statue 3.
@Aaron Khuulurgrek Grok:  1d20+4  = (6)+4 = 10; Portent roll: 16+4 = 20
Damage: @Aaron Khuulurgrek Grok:  2d6+4  = (1+1)+4 = 6

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #224 on: Jul 29, 2017, 11:53 AM »
Sovereign:
Spoiler: show
The owl flies around the dark room to survey the scene. When you set the crown-sword down, the neon cloud seems placated and lowers to hover over the sword. Pulling the tree-sword and vine-sword causes two more vaporized thanes to emerge, one green and dark-veined like a leaf held to the sun, and the other golden like the rims of sunlit clouds.

"Swordssss" the gases call out, just like their companion. These new swords also feel magical somehow, but not overtly so like the crown-sword.

As the last sword is removed, Sanguifluus smiles. "Th-thank you, maiden. Tell Chronia Torn, her son is at peace~" he whispers, then dies.


Aaron, Room 28:
Spoiler: show
You force Statue 3 into its cohorts, sending 3,5, and 6 to the floor. It will take them a moment to right themselves and commence attacking again. (They spend all of next turn doing so, prone)

Through Owl's eyes you see a large dark room. Sovereign is pulling large swords out of an old man, and frightening looking gas clouds escape his wounds.
« Last Edit: Jul 29, 2017, 12:45 PM by Mister Kent »

 

Newest Comments -


Newest Characters -

 
KindervampenCrocoRocioKotSister KiteriaGhostThe Abominable Dr. HoangAshlanEgg DealerAstroleoAzu FloresSehema
 

Open Challenges -

 
No Open Challenges
 


Latest Topics -

 
The Doc is in 
Last updated: Shen - Today at 02:08 AM
VTHEATHER - Livereading comics in a podcast! - Episode 3 Out! 
Last updated: Happy December 16th! -Reecer6 - Dec 15, 2018, 11:51 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Dec 15, 2018, 04:28 PM
ELECTION 2018 Art Jam 
Last updated: Pita - Dec 15, 2018, 12:31 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Dec 15, 2018, 01:49 AM
 

Latest Members -


Users online -

 
87 Guests, 1 User


[]

Most Online Today: 102.
Most Online Ever: 1,050 (Aug 30, 2015, 03:43 AM)

 

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us