IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E

Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #100 on: Jul 13, 2017, 01:33 PM »
Chorden hadn't expected things to turn out this way, sure a portal of some sort was expected but a chained human coming forth was unforeseen to say the least. Questions began pouring into his mind but with the sudden urgency of his associates entering the painting he knew there was no time for such things, only to quickly gather whatever supplies he could. Swiftly he turned to face the rest of the room to spot anything of value. At his size he could hardly see anything but suddenly he was elevated a few feet, perhaps someone among the team was aiding him in his search for.... wait a minute.

Before he knew it he was suddenly being lift above by Aaron. One of the few members of his team, if not the only one, he trusted and yet here he was obstructing his vital search. Struggled as he could it was no use against the mighty grip of a burly creature such as the bug bear. Chorden, with full objection, had been tucked securely in the crook of his arm, as if holding a small box or chest.

"AARRRGGHH... Put me down you daft bastard!...", howled Chorden, yet his words only seemed to pass like wind as Aaron seemed to pay him no as the two entered the painting along with the others...
                                 
               -----------------------------------------------------------

Entering the room Chorten began to pick up whatever scents he could find, seeing he could no much else at the moment. Aside from a ghastly odor of what smelled like noxious fumes of shame, guilt and hatred all in one, he had picked up a scent of other creatures that had been in the room previously. Perhaps these were the "bondees" the woman had spoke of, no telling how long it will take them to make their return. The "Ashen" woman herself had possessed no abnormal scent, nothing a normal human wouldn't carry. Yet her presence her still was discomfort regardless, she was still a prisoner of the maze after all.

Suddenly Aaron had released his hold upon the kobold, allowing him free wander. However Chorden instead made the decision to climb his way up onto Aaron, positioning himself neatly upon his shoulder. Though he was still annoyed about Aaron's handle upon him he still found a suitable view of the room in it's entirety.
« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2017, 02:28 PM by ZigZagaroo »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #101 on: Jul 13, 2017, 01:47 PM »
Thousands of years? Could that really be the case?

Lai Shan pondered the implications.

If this place has really existed for 1,000 years, how come we're only hearing about it now? Maybe the painting is recent, but the maze has always been here? Hang on...

Lai Shan turned to Ashen.

"Hey lady, have you ever seen anyone else enter through here?"

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #102 on: Jul 13, 2017, 04:49 PM »
Ashen stands in Seth's spare shirt and pants, with Luis's blanket tied around her waist, fixing her hair into a messy up-do. All present would likely agree that she is one of the most aesthetically pleasing human specimens ever encountered. Perfect? By all means no. But even those not normally attracted to her type can agree, she's put together with a unique charm. The painting did her no justice at all.

Luis:
If Luis openly bears the symbol of Monomythica, Ashen will fixate on him quite openly.

Sovereign:
Sovereign points towards the bag and asks Ashen what's in it.
At your question, Ashen saunters over to the pack, seemingly filled with regained confidence. "A few mementos that have been out of my reach for a while," she replies, and lovingly opens the bag to pull out an amulet, a carnelian field inlaid with silver and jet, dangling from a silver chain. Red, silver, black.

"My goddesses' holy symbol, the Pillars of the Triarchy," she says as she drapes it across her neck. "I am but a plain, lowly servant."

Also she removes a blunted dagger inscribed as "Love Fool" and a thin diary bound in a jungle-green leather cover. She gently blows the dust from these. The diary is also engraved with the holy Triarchy symbol.

Yoshiko:
"So whass'tis Medusa y'speak of? An'tis maze while at it? And guards? Whasshe av'tguard 'ere?"
Ashen pouts slightly at the mention of the Medusa, and then takes a moment to understand the rest of what you said. "Psathyrella Medusae. You mean you didn't come here with a plan for dealing with her?" she asks, somewhat surprised. "This is her home, after all. The Maze may be a prison, but it was her manor first, from what I know. She has various loyal beasts, as varied as the grains of sand at the bottom of the sea." She gives a shy smile to Sharis.

Sharis:
"The Goddesses! Now that, that is a task worthy of a Triton! To free them if they are truly held here, it would be a deed truly worth remembering!"
"Rescue my Goddesses? This would truly be a remarkable feat, my liberator," Ashen says encouragingly. "My husband has a vast army. Let me go reunite with him, and he will send a thousand warriors to march at your back! My family fortune isn't what it once was, but in terms of martial strength--"

Aaron:
"Wait, wait, wait," says Aaron incredulously, "TR 3500? The Triarchy? That was thousands of years ago!" A struggling Chorden pops unceremoniously out of the crook of Aaron's arm as he reaches out to grab Ashen by the shoulder. "How long have you been here?"
Ashen pauses as you spout off about the years gone. "T-thousands?" she gasps, and stands in shock with her mouth agape. She falls onto her knees and unleashes a keening wail, and the sound of dry-heaving. She's forgotten how to cry in these long centuries but desperately wants to remember how. She clutches the dull blade and trembles.

Lai Shan:
"Hey lady, have you ever seen anyone else enter through here?"
It takes some time for Ashen to regain any semblance of composure. "Have I seen anyone?" she says weakly. "I honestly can't remember now. I seem to recall someone, some long time ago, but only that fanclub came by recently, looking for their idol. Whatever 'recent' means," she sighs.

"There's someone else nearby, but they didn't come by me. They must have got in somewhere else..."

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #103 on: Jul 13, 2017, 05:31 PM »
"An army, huh. Just who were you before all this, Chanterelle?"

Truman turns his attention to the door and motions for Chorden to join him.

"Care to wager if this thing is trapped?"

OOC: Truman will be assisting Chorden if he checks the door for traps.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #104 on: Jul 13, 2017, 06:10 PM »
Yoshiko stared blankly at Ashen, who is looking quite traumatised. This was bad, she doesn't seem in any shape to elaborate upon what this Medusa was and what she was capable of.

No thanks to Aaron breaking the news prematurely.

"Don' sweat it'smuch Madam Chanterelle, ere' av a drink an' think n'stead o'... revenge 'gainst th' Medusa th' wronged you."

Yoshiko took a bottle of Honeywine and offered it to Ashen before turning towards Aaron.

"OI, BIG GUY. TH'BLOODY ELL'SA MEDUSA!?"

Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #105 on: Jul 13, 2017, 06:19 PM »
Before Chorden responded to Truman's request he gives a quick look around the room, giving a quick glance at everyone, especially the "Ashen" woman.

Looking back at Truman he gives a nod in response."Of course...," he exclaims as he descends down from Aaron and makes his way over to the door. With the two together they begin to carefully examine the door before them....

OOC: Chorden's perception check (with advantage from Truman)
-1d20+7 = (5+7) = 12
*1d20+7 = (7+7) = 14


During the inspection Chorden looks back around the room once again, hoping everyone won't be listening in...

"Truman help me out. I might be looking at a panel but these tired old eyes of mine have betrayed me before. Why don't you come down here give a closer look?" Chorden says as he gestures Truman to bend down to his level...
« Last Edit: Aug 25, 2017, 02:41 PM by ZigZagaroo »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #106 on: Jul 13, 2017, 06:45 PM »
Don't do it. He's going to jump on your shoulder again.

Truman sighed, and knelt over, examining the door from Chorden's level.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #107 on: Jul 13, 2017, 06:56 PM »
Seth's action of wanting to offer robes to Ashen managed to surprise Sparkly quite a bit. Seemed this teammate did care about others than himself after all.

Once Miss Chanterelle started answering questions, Luis assumed she had finished clothing herself, and turned around again to meet her. Even if his orientation wouldn't really find her appealing, she certainly was clever to improvise with what was given.

Luis stayed quiet while his teammates asked questions, and Ashen responded to each of them. It was until she heard Aaron's comment, and broke down, making the Cleric respond by quickly walking towards her.
Stopped abruptly, and frowned when Yoshiko obstructed his path. He saw how the half-Tabaxi had decided to hand Lady Ashen a bottle of Honeywine.

"I don't think alcohol is a good idea to share in her current state-" but he wasn't heard, as the cat was focusing on questioning Aaron now.

History check
1d20 = (13) = 13


The name Medusa echoed in his head, but couldn't recall anything important about the creature.

"Here, my name is Luis. I'm a healer" He stated, with an oddly and uncommon tender tone, as he kneeled to meet Ashen at a comfortable closeness for both. "Are you feeling alright? We didn't mean to share such news to you in such a short time..."
Luis extended his arms, and offered his hands "Allow me to check your wrists, maybe I can take those cuffs off of you as well"

It was then when Lai Shan made her question.

OOC - I don't know what I'm doing I don't. aaaaaaaa
« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2017, 07:17 PM by elge »

Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #108 on: Jul 13, 2017, 07:49 PM »
With equal heights Chorden whispers his message to Truman...

" The orphans from Hell Hill have been telling their stories again. Apparently they tell of a local lord who had been found dead in his own bedroom, and apparently he took quite an interest in art collecting. The Queen's Coroner simply wrote the whole thing off as suicide, a bit funny don't you think? I mean, having everything handed to you on a silver platter you'd think there wouldn't be much to be depressed about now would there?"

He continues..." Over at the Shanky Shank pub, if you have the patience to listen to drunken rants, you'll hear talk of the Queensmen under pressure at the moment. It seems they were assigned to collect a certain piece of property, from a certain lord, which was stolen by a certain someone. Care to guess who that someone was...? Look, sooner or later they'll catch onto our trail, and with the higher ups breathing down their necks they won't be slowing down any time soon."

"In that regard I've spoken with our Halfing, Edna Cleareyes. Apparently her Lizardman lover, along with his companions had been taken in for questioning. She hadn't seen nor heard from them since, all she knows they were taken in over some "shady art dealings." Whether it these dealings relate to us or not I'll leave that to. Now heres what I'm thinking, who's to say that during this so called questioning that this fellow maybe let a name slip out? What if it slipped out that he was currently seeing a certain Halfing? A certain Halfing who just happens to be associated with us?"

"Do you see what I'm saying? If they find her who knows how much they'll get out of her, and don't forget they having her mate as a bargaining chip (if he's even still alive). Who can say they aren't harvesting her for secrets at this very moment. By the time we get back, if we even have a base to get back to, we may have to consider tying up some "loose ends"....

At that moment Chorden had gone silent, simply staring upon Truman as he waited for a response...

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #109 on: Jul 14, 2017, 04:22 AM »
Info recall rolls about Medusas
@elgesugha: 1d20 = (13) = 13
@fukuro: 1d20+1 = (3)+1 = 4
@Jiisuri: 1d20 = (2) = 2
@Q-Bit: 1d20+2 = (12)+2 = 14
@ZigZagaroo: 1d20-1 = (3)-1 = 2


Ruminating on the nature of so-called "medusas", you all generally know they're some kind of legendary bugaboo, associated with snakes in some way, but as for specific means and methods your recall comes up short.

Aaron:
@Aaron Khuulurgrek Grok: 1d20+2 = (18)+2 = 20

Somewhere in your numerous readings, you've learned a thing or two about these "medusa" beings.
  • There are a specific number of them, all sisters. Reported counts vary between 12 and 15. They are not a species.
  • They are humanoid with serpents for hair. They are not reptilian themselves, though seem to be usually associated with them, according to historical art.
  • They have the ability to turn flesh to stone. This seems to be one historical fact all accounts agree on.
  • Various cultures have had different views on them. You hear the Neonate Empire of lizardfolk respect if not revere medusas, while an ancient artifact from the Selenian Isles has an epic poem called "Medusa the Conqueror".

Yoshiko:
Ashen gladly takes the honeywine with one hand, taking large gulps, clutching her Love Fool "blade" in one hand. "So I'm alone in the world," she says matter-of-factly to the tabaxi.

"Revenge, you say?"

Luis:
Still distraught but calming down thanks to Yoshiko, Ashen thrusts her hands towards you, honeywine and knife still in hand, but wanting you to work on her cuffs. She is distracted but does seem grateful to you.

Truman:
"An army, huh. Just who were you before all this, Chanterelle?"
OOC: Truman will be assisting Chorden if he checks the door for traps.
Ashen turns to you slowly and blinks. "Just...a humble priestess."

Chorden:
You find no traps, but hear footsteps in the chamber beyond. Heavy echoing clipclop hoof steps.
« Last Edit: Jul 14, 2017, 04:37 AM by Mister Kent »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #110 on: Jul 14, 2017, 09:33 AM »
Sharis holds an open palm to his own chest, gesturing to his tattoos.

"Fair lady Chanterelle, make no mistake. You are not alone. As long as you remember them, they will never truly die."

Sharis unslings his maul from across his back, letting the head of the hammer knock against the ground as he rests it by his side, handle in hand.

"Beasts of an untold variety, a warden of myth, and the potential of a rescue of goddesses long thought gone."

Sharis laughs as he hefts the maul in the air, resting it across a shoulder.

"Truly, a chance like no other!"

Sharis notices Luis offering to remove the shackles, and looks mildly perplexed.

"I was not aware the clergy started teaching the art of lock-picking. A unique church it seems, to be sure."
Minions, assemble!

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #111 on: Jul 14, 2017, 09:35 AM »
Aaron enters his mind palace, Sherlock-style, and pulls a book off of a carefully-organized shelf.
Medusa
An ancient creature of terrifying magical prowess. Historical accounts show the Medusa to have the ability to turn flesh into stone.

The Medusa is not a single individual, nor is it a member of a race of Medusas, but is rather one of at least twelve sisters (accounts have claimed up to fifteen to have existed in history). These sisters are not of reptilian origin or makeup, but because of the serpents they possess in lieu of human hair, they are revered by some reptilian cultures. The Neonate Empire, for example, views the Medusas with a sense of respect, if not reverence. Ancient stone carvings and tablets from the Selenian Isles have been recovered which depict scenes and excerpts from an epic poem known as Medusa the Conqueror.

Few have ever reported actual encounters with a Medusa, and almost all of these accounts were later revealed to be hoaxes. All accounts, however, clearly caution any who encounter a Medusa to avoid her at all costs, lest she inflict her flesh-to-stone magic upon them.
Quote
"My esteemed compatriots," Aaron breaks from his trance-like dictation, "if this is in fact the dwelling place of a Medusa, we may in fact be royally fucked."
« Last Edit: Jul 14, 2017, 01:15 PM by Bobo »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #112 on: Jul 14, 2017, 10:43 AM »
Yoshiko took a brief pause to let the theatriatics of the well-built members of the team sink in before replying to Ashen.

"S'you can see'ere, w'av a Triton ready t'wipe th'floor o' any ol' medusa an' a large Bugbear who's git'a clue what'itis."

She pointed at Lai Shan.

"And th'one o'er there's done assassinations. So w'can 'elp you 'chieve vengeance. All w'ask is f'guidance through th'place. An' per'aps some payment."

Yoshiko shoo'd Luis aside as he clearly struggled with the cuffs.

"Lemme git'it." She said, as she flicked out a lockpick.

OOC: Yoshiko attempts to pick the lock with her thieves tools.
 1d20+6  = (20)+6 = 26
« Last Edit: Jul 14, 2017, 10:49 AM by Jiisuri »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #113 on: Jul 14, 2017, 04:46 PM »
Humble priestess, huh? Truman didn't quite buy it.

OOC: Truman's Insight check:
1d20+6=(19)+6=25


"Sorry, miss, but I'm gonna need a better answer than that."

Truman spoke to Chorden in what would be a shout if it wasn't a whisper.

"Absolutely not! Does 'honor amongst' mean anything to you? Besides, Cleareyes doesn't know enough to be a threat. Don't get any ideas."

Truman stood up. He turned to Chanterelle.

"Alright, here's an odd one. It's doubtful, but do the names 'Cassilo of St. Nguyen' or 'Princess Therofera' mean anything to you?"
« Last Edit: Jul 14, 2017, 06:09 PM by Q-Bit »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #114 on: Jul 14, 2017, 05:27 PM »
Aaron:
Ashen raises a cautious eyebrow when you recite your text. "A scholarly gob?" Ashen remarks. She looks thoughtful. "How impressively useful."

Yoshiko:
"And th'one o'er there's done assassinations. So w'can 'elp you 'chieve vengeance. All w'ask is f'guidance through th'place. An' per'aps some payment."
OOC: Yoshiko attempts to pick the lock with her thieves tools.
 1d20+6  = (20)+6 = 26

The cuffs pop off Ashen's wrists quick as anything, and she moans in relief. "Thank you, wily friend," she whispers, and flexes her hands with the delicacy of a skilled piano player. "I feel more and more like myself each minute."

She stands, tucks her blunted dagger into her blanket skirt, takes a swig from the honeywine, and walks among the group. Her tears have dried on her cheeks, her expression has hardened somewhat. She glances back at the now dark painting, then to Luis.

Luis:
Ashen swishes the wine inside her mouth, and gulps, then offers you the bottle. She presses it insistently towards your chest.

Lai Shan:
When Yoshiko mentions you are an assassin, Ashen looks reassured. "Ah. So maybe you really can slay the Medusa. I had not dreamed I'd be so fortunate to be rescued, much less by such skilled adventurers. I do not know what payment I could provide, but free my Goddesses, and I'm sure they will bless you as they have blessed me in life!"

Ashen counts to seven on her fingertips. "These are some facts I've gleaned from sweet-talking the bondees--the men who maintain the Maze. I think there are at least seven sections of this place, including these Halls. There are also some Gardens, the Gallery of course, and an Archive of some kind? Also her private Almery, and then the Cells. I think there's a seventh, or more, but I just don't know anything about that. I know nothing of them beyond the names..."

"From what I've heard, there are other exits in some of those sections, but are likely secret, and, er, difficult. I've never had the opportunity to explore the place, myself."

Truman:
Humble priestess, huh? Truman didn't quite buy it.
OOC: Truman's Insight check:
1d20+6=(19)+6=25


"Alright, here's an odd one. It's doubtful, but do the names 'Cassilo of St. Nguyen' or 'Princess Therofera' mean anything to you?"
Ashen ignores the first question for the moment. She looks at you blankly and shrugs. "I don't know what that is. Any of it," she responds. "Food? Are those foods? Or boats, perhaps?"

"I'm a simple priestess, perhaps I haven't had the world experience of you adventurers, but..."

"But..." She stops, and curses under her breath in some long lost language. "Very well. If you must place misguided importance on titles of all things, standing before you is Ashen Chanterelle, High Priestess of the Triarchy, Third Counselor of the World Army, Most Penitent and Patient Daughter of the Torn..."

As she speaks, the torches in the room begin to go out, one by one. She seems as startled as anyone, and abruptly stops speaking.

Panicked, she makes a full-speed break for the painting.

OOC: Roll Initiative if anyone chooses to stop her.
« Last Edit: Jul 14, 2017, 06:32 PM by Mister Kent »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #115 on: Jul 14, 2017, 07:47 PM »
Not looking back at the triton, Luis tried to ignore his comment, but couldn't help but wear an annoyed face.
But that didn't distract him from trying to get the chains off of Ashen.

"You wouldn't be aware if a Leviathan, or a Water Deity was attacking you. Even if you live in the same area as them" He muttered to himself, quickly and between his teeth. Obviously a lie, but when has your blood boiling ever allowed you to think clearly.

What would they know about my life before joining the Order? Living in the streets and forests for so long end up teaching you a thing or two about survival. No such thing as clemency from nature...
I had to learn how to pick locks, steal food, and fight.
Just to survive another day.

Jerks


Luis' Lockpicking roll
1d20+1 = (11)+1 = 12


No use, this wasn't working. Either this was a different type of bracelets, or he had completely forgotten how to do this. Compared to how he used to live, you could say he ended up getting a bit spoiled by the priests and nuns that took him in.
Aaron expressed how much in danger all of the party seemed to be in

"I'll keep you all alive..." He spoke, hoping it had been loud enough for others to listen.

Too busy giving his "heroic" speech, he wasn't able to perceive Yoshiko kneeling next to them, followed by being pushed aside by her.

"H-hey-!" He growled, but before he could even start ranting, Tabaxi girl had already set Ashen free.

"Err... Thanks" He said, coldly and none less angry.

Ashen took all the attention of the party as she stood up, examining the room. Couldn't blame her, being put in the center for some ungodly amount of time has to be tiring, walking around and examine the place you once were bound at seemed reasonable.
Just as Luis, still feeling down and humiliated because the lack of his skills, stood up, the honeywine was pushed onto him.

"But I-I-!" He grabbed it out of instinct from her hands, now unable to complain. He sighed, and smelled the bottle. What a surprise, it smells just like wine! ...And honey!
Still, not an attractive thing to try. How much use would a drunk Cleric be, should they find any danger?
"Bleh"
Thankfully, Ashen walked away, so Luis could very well just stand there, holding the bottle uncomfortably, without need to take a sip.
Still not convinced, Truman continued questioning the rescued. Having nothing to add, Luis walked next to Aaron. Upon approach, he showed a subtle smile at him. Still holding the liquor, showed it to the bugbear, motioning if he wanted to take a sip.

"High Priestess of what-?" Luis repeated.
But as she continued, the lights began to fade.

Luis' Racial trait, Darkvision, allows him to see in the now dim room, as if it were perfectly lit as before.


He was able to notice Ashen running towards the now completely obscure painting. In fear of the unknown, Luis rushed to hold her.

Initiative roll
1d20+1 = (7)+1 = 8


*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #116 on: Jul 14, 2017, 08:44 PM »
[OOC: Lai Shan's initiative for stopping Ashen: 1d20+4 = (17)+4 = 21]

The lights suddenly fade and before Lai Shan even has time to adjust her vision, she immediately picks up the sound of scuffling feet. Instinctively she reaches out and grabs Ashen by the arm.

"Sloooooow down there, Missy. You can finish that title once we deal with whatever's coming, yeah? There's like, nine of us here, I'm fairly certain we're prepared for whatever ambush they have planned for us."

Steadily, Lai Shan gripped the handle of her sword in one hand, ready to leap into action at the first sign of danger.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #117 on: Jul 14, 2017, 09:39 PM »
Yoshiko initiative roll
1d20+4  = (12)+4 = 16


Yoshiko dashed ahead of and obstructed Ashen's path, her Tabaxi eyes glowing in the dark.

"Sides, w'still 'av a deal t'make. A shot a'vengeance, w' payment an' guidance 'round th' place in return. Yay? Nay?"

Yoshiko drew a dagger from within her sleeve, just in case something lurked in the darkness.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #118 on: Jul 14, 2017, 10:07 PM »
Seth paid no attention to the torches going out and was able to see perfectly fine even as the light sources were dwindling away.

However, he did notice the prisoner, who was supposedly a High Priestess dash towards the painting. He didn't worry too much since both the Tabaxi, elf monk, and sparklemutt were quick to try to stop her.

Instead, he took the Longbow out from his backpack and an arrow in his other hand. Just in case.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #119 on: Jul 15, 2017, 01:04 AM »
Lai Shan:
[OOC: Lai Shan's initiative for stopping Ashen: 1d20+4 = (17)+4 = 21]
"Sloooooow down there, Missy. You can finish that title once we deal with whatever's coming, yeah? There's like, nine of us here, I'm fairly certain we're prepared for whatever ambush they have planned for us."
Ashen winces. "I certainly hope so..."

Yoshiko:
"Sides, w'still 'av a deal t'make. A shot a'vengeance, w' payment an' guidance 'round th' place in return. Yay? Nay?"
"Like I said, I have nothing to give! And I've already told you everything I've learned about the Maze and its rooms. But my Goddesses would be most grateful to be rescued, and would pay in kind." She sinks to the floor and refuses to move for the moment.
« Last Edit: Jul 15, 2017, 01:11 AM by Mister Kent »

Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #120 on: Jul 15, 2017, 01:06 AM »
As soon as Truman walked out of ear's reach Chorden directed a silent hiss towards him. A moment later, with no sight of a single laid trap Chorden decided to rejoin the others to confront the Ashen woman, when suddenly an ambiguous sound struck his ears. He swiftly turned back to the door, moving ever slowly he lays an ear upon what felt like cold steel. As he listens he hears footsteps, of which that seemed to grow louder by the second.

Chorden turned to face the others to warn them of the impending forces when suddenly the torches across the room had relinquished. Fortunately with his naturally passed on darkvision he could clearly witness the scene before him. From what he'd seen the Ashen woman had seemed to make a run for the painting's frame, perhaps in the hopes of escape. A wave of relief waves over him as he spots Lai Shan apprehending the escapee. Though hardly finding any reason to trust her she clearly knows this strange domain better than any of them.

Snapping back to the situation at hand he warns to the others,"I heard footsteps drawing near, everyone be prepared, hide yourself in a corner, whatever you must!" He shoots a look back at the door, with his comrades warned he focuses his efforts on concealing himself. Without a moment to lose Chorden moves back to the door before and leans closely to the left side of the door. With his small stature and the added darkness he could only hope these unknown creatures wouldn't notice him nor his comrades once they entered...

OOC: Chorden's stealth roll
1d20+5 = (11+5) = 16
« Last Edit: Jul 15, 2017, 01:18 AM by ZigZagaroo »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #121 on: Jul 15, 2017, 01:11 AM »
Chorden:
At your word, Ashen begins scampering to a far corner of the room, if Lai Shan will allow it.

With half the room now dark, a sliver of pale light rises from the middle of the floor, right between Seth and Sovereign. The light shimmers into a human shape.

A ghostly child appears. He presses his fingers to his lips, making a very quiet "shhhhh" sound.

He gestures to the door, then cups his hand around his ear enthusiastically.

"Oh, him again," Ashen says. She seems agitated and less pleasant than before. "He never says a word...but he always seems to come around right before something else comes around. So whatever your lizard friend sniffed out, it's coming..."

Aaron:
The boy walks over to you and pats you gently on the hand, then runs to the door and begins to float through it, beckoning to be followed. Your hand feels slightly chilled.

"If he's here, then something's on its way," Ashen warns everyone. "We'd best not be in this room when it arrives..."
« Last Edit: Jul 15, 2017, 01:15 AM by Mister Kent »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #122 on: Jul 15, 2017, 01:37 AM »
Lai Shan releases Ashen, allowing her to flee to a corner of the room.

At the ghost boy's departure, Lai Shan frowned slightly and sighed. "I know we're waiting on an eventual ambush, but there's something I've never really appreciated about being welcomed to an ambush by our assailants. It's like they're making fun of us."

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #123 on: Jul 15, 2017, 06:23 PM »
Truman turns to Chanterelle and points at the painting.

"I promise you it's not any safer on the other side of that painting. The Queen has an army hunting for us. If they figure out you're involved they'll lock you right back up, and that's the best case scenario."

With that, he steps to the door.

"I don't like it either, but there's only one way forward from here."

He steps up to the door, attempting to crack it open and peer through.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #124 on: Jul 16, 2017, 12:50 AM »
Aaron:
"Very well. If you must place misguided importance on titles of all things, standing before you is Ashen Chanterelle, High Priestess of the Triarchy, Third Counselor of the World Army, Most Penitent and Patient Daughter of the Torn..."
@Aaron Khuulurgrek Grok: 1d20+4 = (18)+4 = 22 HISTORY
@Aaron Khuulurgrek Grok: 20+4 = 20+4 = 24 ARCANA


The High Priestess of the Triarchy's name has been lost time time, however some of the epithets Ashen named seem familiar. "The Torn" appears in records too, as in "The Torn Sisters", likely another reference to the Three Goddesses themselves. It might have been the more commonly used name for the deities during their reign.

In assessing the ethereal boy, your brief but thorough readings of the Voidheim Journal of Amateur Necromantics back up your gut feeling that this is a ghost, a living spirit separated from its mortal body.

Truman:
Truman turns to Chanterelle and points at the painting.

"I promise you it's not any safer on the other side of that painting. The Queen has an army hunting for us. If they figure out you're involved they'll lock you right back up, and that's the best case scenario."

With that, he steps to the door.

"I don't like it either, but there's only one way forward from here."

He steps up to the door, attempting to crack it open and peer through.
Ashen decides its best not to put herself into the path of this menacing Queen, and so sticks with the group for protection, hanging closely between Lai Shan and Sharis especially.

You peer into the next room, finding it large and vaulted, with wall pillars and torch sconces. The far end of the room is partially bathed in shadow, and you hear pacing footfalls from that end.There is a glimmer of light through a door at the far northern end, and a flickering light coming from a room to the west. The ghost boy stands some distance ahead, standing quietly but looking nervous.
« Last Edit: Jul 16, 2017, 09:20 AM by Mister Kent »

 

Newest Comments -


Newest Characters -

 
KotSister KiteriaGhostThe Abominable Dr. HoangAshlanEgg DealerAstroleoAzu FloresSehemaThe ProfessorsTiffanyShmagic
 

Open Challenges -



Latest Topics -

 
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Sep 19, 2018, 10:18 PM
Post Apocalypse Jam: Redux (CAUTION: NSFW 18+ INSIDE) 
Last updated: Shen - Sep 17, 2018, 10:52 PM
SilverBlaze's Incubation pod 
Last updated: ArtsandGoodies - Sep 14, 2018, 09:54 PM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: MightyMayhem - Sep 14, 2018, 04:38 PM
Challenges Thread 
Last updated: Dechado - Sep 12, 2018, 11:42 AM
 

Latest Members -


Users online -

 
48 Guests, 4 Users



Most Online Today: 79.
Most Online Ever: 1,050 (Aug 30, 2015, 03:43 AM)

 

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us