IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #75 on: Jul 11, 2017, 10:28 PM »

Hearing the sudden noise, Sovereign places a hand on her sword. "Have we been discovered?" she hisses.

Yoshiko held up her half-gloved paw.

"Not yet, s'only seen'yenter s'all. If w'disappear, s'no reason f'them t'sspect anything! Just'sgotta wait f'..."

Her ears twitched, picking up the sound of small footsteps.

"Th' Lizard's ere!!!"

OOC: Yoshiko is also going to look around the room for stuff to grab with her nimble paws on the way out if we're leaving.

Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #76 on: Jul 11, 2017, 10:47 PM »
"hmmph... You try salvaging your time while running around this mad driven city... Too much noise to bear I tell you..." He exclaimed as he made his way through the open doorway, breaking away from the Elf woman's gaze.

Chorden wasn't any more fonder towards the Elf women then to his other associates yet with her calm composure and slight hint of kindness he certainly tolerated her more than the others, dare he even say respected her to an extent. Surely some respect was owed to her, especially how she lets a measly creature like himself wander around in her domain.

Before be began his climb up the latter Chorden turned back to meet eyes with the Elf woman.

"..But Tha..Thank you regardless." He said as he gave a small bow before climbing his way up towards the rafter room.

Finding his way he comes to face with his associates as they prepare for journey at hand....




« Last Edit: Jul 12, 2017, 10:14 AM by ZigZagaroo »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #77 on: Jul 11, 2017, 11:06 PM »

Yoshiko held up her half-gloved paw.

"Not yet, s'only seen'yenter s'all. If w'disappear, s'no reason f'them t'sspect anything! Just'sgotta wait f'..."

Her ears twitched, picking up the sound of small footsteps.

"Th' Lizard's ere!!!"

OOC: Yoshiko is also going to look around the room for stuff to grab with her nimble paws on the way out if we're leaving.

"Oh, it's just the lizard," Sovereign relaxes her grip. "Wait, what do you mean they saw me enter? I wasn't followed when I came in here."

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #78 on: Jul 11, 2017, 11:22 PM »
The False Chanterelle activates

The painting depicts a decently sized room, mostly empty save for a straw mat near the chained woman, a trio of barrels in the far left corner, and a large black decorated door in the far right corner.

The rough stringy brushstrokes that make up the painting's surface quiver and shift, as if the long-dried paint is suddenly wet and malleable. The colors rearrange from a basic impressionistic 2-D image of a chained woman to a more realistic picture--so realistic, it's exactly like looking through a window, with a pane of what seems like glass separating yourselves from the prisoner. This glass-like surface has a smudgy humanoid handprint in the lower right corner. The handprint pulses red light, the key to the portal's magic.

The imprisoned figure through the window animates, turning to face you. Her dirty black hair falls over her bare shoulders and cascades across her face. Through the covering strands, beautiful crystal blue eyes plead for aid. "Please...help me..." she gasps with some difficulty, her voice strained and dry.

Yoshiko:
There is a 5'x5' linen dropcloth in the corner, a half-empty bottle with unknown potion, and a deck of some cards in a small case (upon further inspection, you find they're tarot cards).


« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2017, 11:33 PM by Mister Kent »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #79 on: Jul 11, 2017, 11:32 PM »
Truman shoots a glare at Sovereign.

"The elf with the ponytail, the human with the eyepatch, and the tiefling with the holy symbol. Tell me you can actually recognize Queensmen when you see them."

As the painting swirls to life, he turns to Braddock.

"Looks like our time here is up. Braddock, look, don't go dying on me. I've got enough on my conscience already."

Truman pipes up one last time, now to the group as a whole.

"Everyone, while we're in there, I want us asking questions first and shooting as a last resort. I don't want a repeat of the Offspring incident, is that clear?"

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #80 on: Jul 11, 2017, 11:48 PM »
Truman shoots a glare at Sovereign.

"The elf with the ponytail, the human with the eyepatch, and the tiefling with the holy symbol. Tell me you can actually recognize Queensmen when you see them."

"I don't walk with Queensmen. Not enough to know them by sight, like you seem to do," Sovereign shoots back a glare of her own at Truman while folding her arms together.

"Everyone, while we're in there, I want us asking questions first and shooting as a last resort. I don't want a repeat of the Offspring incident, is that clear?"

Quote from: Q-Bit

"Not if whatever's in there attacks us first!"

Why did it have to be snakes?

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #81 on: Jul 12, 2017, 01:26 AM »
Sharis laughs at the bickering of his associates.

"Well at least there's no doubt you are all who you say you are!"

He approaches the painting, and reaches out to place his hand where the paintings own handprint is.

"Now, lets say we get started!"

These kinds of things always had some kind of trick to open, so lets see if this works
Minions, assemble!

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #82 on: Jul 12, 2017, 04:38 AM »
Everyone other than Sharis:
Your triton ally disappears in a blink.

Sharis:
The handprint, when touched, shudders and twists its fingers into a grasping fist.

When next Sharis looks up, he's in a large room, the same chamber depicted in the painting, standing just five feet from the prisoner. She looks relieved, her eyes encouraging him to approach.

"Ok...finally," she sighs. Her shoulder relax, only slightly.

Looking out at your companions, the world seems dull colored and washed out. The handprint still glows on your side of the frame.

"E'excuse me, sir," the prisoner starts. "Can you or your friends get these for me?" She rattled her chains, the clink-clink echoes in the wide stone room.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #83 on: Jul 12, 2017, 05:12 AM »
Yoshiko paused for a bit as she heard the cry for help. She deliberated jumping right in until Sharis went and touched the handprint, disappearing in the blink of an eye.

She shrugged and looked around, snatching up the cloth, a bottle of an unknown substance and a deck of tarot cards before slapping her paw onto the handprint.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #84 on: Jul 12, 2017, 06:29 AM »
Sharis rolls his shoulder, approaching with a grin.

"Aye ma'am. I think we can certainly give it a go."

The triton reaches out for the chains with his hands, a sure look on his face.

"Stay still for just a moment, if you don't mind ma'am."

Sharis' eyes widen, as every muscle in his body sharply tenses, and his tattoos seem to almost quiver as he grabs the chains, and pulls.

OOC: Sharis spends one of his rages to grant advantage on a strength check.
1d20+4=(6+4)=10
1d20+4=(16+4)=20
Minions, assemble!

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #85 on: Jul 12, 2017, 04:35 PM »
Sharis:
The chains enter the ceiling through thin metal tubes, and the physical act of pulling the restraints activates a heretofore secret mechanism that affects the black door at the end of the room. All present can hear the great door's internal parts slide open, the somber gray door handle giving a telltale twitch as it unlocks.


In your mighty barbarian grip, the clinking links crumple and shred, and you cast the untethered chains at the grateful woman's feet.

"Ahh!" the prisoner gasps gratefully, rushing towards you and hurling her naked body against you, arms outstretched to hug you. There is a sweaty slap as she knocks into you, throws her arms around your shoulders. Her nose a hair's width from yours, she whispers. "ThankyouthankyouTHANKYOU, mighty seagod! I am Ashen. Ashen Chanterelle."


*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #86 on: Jul 12, 2017, 05:14 PM »
Truman grabs the backpack at his feet, checks its contents, and once he's sure everything is accounted for, he slings it over his shoulder.

"Looks like the coast is clear. I'm going to try to ask her some questions. Follow when ready."

Truman touches his hand to the handprint on the painting, and surrenders himself to its effect.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #87 on: Jul 12, 2017, 05:56 PM »
Yoshiko entered just in time to see a naked woman in cuffs plastering herself onto a half-naked Fishman.

Immediately, she ran up to him and slapped him in the back.

"OI! DON'T BE FLIRTIN WI' TH' PRISONER!"

She further observed the surroundings and the prisoner before adding on.

"O' dopple. Per'aps succubus. Y'better not 'av freed somethin' nasty."

OOC: Yoshiko would like to ready a dagger concealed within her sleeve while getting an Insight read on the prisoner.
Insight roll to see if prisoner is faking:
1d20+4  = ( 8 )+4 = 12
« Last Edit: Jul 12, 2017, 06:00 PM by Jiisuri »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #88 on: Jul 12, 2017, 07:18 PM »
Ruffling his hair, Luis puffed, as he looked at Lai Shan "Fiiiine..."
He walked away from, Seth who seemed unaffected by Sparkly's outburst.
Grabbed his back before turning at the Wood Elf again.

"Also, Glitters? Really? That's been the weakest one so far, you should be ashamed of yourself" He raised a brow "Should try glow stick next..." And as he continued, his tone became louder, and face turning into a frown "Just like the one you have stuck up your-!"
Luis catching a glimpse of Sharis and then Yoshiko disappearing into the painting, got distracted and abandoned the insult towards Lai Shan.

"Alright then" He expressed, approaching the painting. And just as he was about to trigger it, he stopped and looked back at their informant, Benjamin.
He wanted to say something reassuring like We'll be back for you or Stay safe. Opened his mouth several times, but no sound came out. He sighed loudly, before turning around and pressing his hand into the painting.

Out of instinct, he closed his eyes as he felt being sucked in.
And just as they opened again, he saw Truman, and in front of him, Yoshiko and Sharis who were sandwiching the naked woman from the painting.

I didn't sign up for this...

He groaned quietly, as he kneeled to take a blanket from inside his backpack, once in hand he approached the trio.
"Ehem" Trying to get their attention. Luis extended his arm, offering the clean blanket to cover herself. Of course, also turning his head around to avoid seeing the bare lady.

Still... Something didn't feel quite right. Maybe it was just his fear of strangers talking to him.

Caused by his mistrust of new people, Sparkly examines the unclothed girl's movements. Trying to figure out if there is any ill intent from her part.
Insight roll: 1d20+4 = (7) + 4 = 11


*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #89 on: Jul 12, 2017, 08:14 PM »
Seeing that everyone else so far have gone through without too much trouble, Sovereign steps forward and hesitantly lays a hand on the handprint on the painting, while the other maintains a firm grip on her sword.

On the other side, Sovereign ignores the scene that's happening and glances about the room, looking for anything interesting. Or dangerous.

Perception Roll @Ten Dead Kings:  1d20-1  = (19)-1 = 18

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #90 on: Jul 12, 2017, 09:09 PM »
Seth was sure he would've gotten some flack for his comment about leaving the lizard behind. He was even less surprised it was the sparklemutt that went after him. It didn't matter to him, anyway. He was here to do his work, not make friends.

Seeing the others go through ahead of him, he swings his backpack onto his shoulder, making sure his longbow doesn't slip out. With his free hand, he lays his hand on the handprint of the painting.

As soon as he's transferred to the other side, he catches sight of what was going on, specifically the naked lady between the fishman and the cat. Seeing Luis offering the blanket to the woman, he scoffed at the idea of using only a blanket as clothing and kneeled down to take out his extra set of fine clothes.

"My dear," He held out the set of clothes towards her direction.


*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #91 on: Jul 12, 2017, 10:10 PM »
"All right," Aaron says, glancing at his two remaining colleagues, "I think it's about time for our scout to do his job!" Ignoring any protests from the small handful of kobold that was Chorden, Aaron picks him up, tucks him in the crook of his arm, and places his free hand on the painting.

As soon as he's in the room with the woman from the painting, Aaron begins channelling Detect Magic. Might as well start off the adventure knowing as much as possible about where the party is!

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #92 on: Jul 12, 2017, 10:53 PM »
As soon as the room is cleared, Lai Shan slings on a belt for her sword and her pack, and slides the crate of wine into the crawlspace.

"If the Queensmen come, just grab the painting and hide in the crawlspace until they're gone, alright?"

She gave Braddock a knowing wink before strutting over to the painting, using one hand to cast a Minor Illusion in front of the crawlspace and the other to press against the palm on the glass.

[OOC: Lai Shan is casting Minor Illusion to create a five-foot tall crate with the word 'FRAGILE' painted on it right in front of the crawl space.]

In an instant, she is brought into the room with the rest. Catching up to the rest of the crew, she eyes the woman up and down, attempting to gauge her intent.

[OOC: Rolling Insight 1d10+2 = 8+2 = 10]

Sensing no ill intent, Lai Shan gave a big smile.

"Well well! Glad to see we've already made a friend! And here I was thinking we were understaffed to explore this place."
« Last Edit: Jul 12, 2017, 11:59 PM by A Bad Idea »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #93 on: Jul 13, 2017, 12:38 AM »
Sharis lets out a sharp exhale as his muscles relax, before his expression shifts and he laughs heartily upon feeling the slap from Yoshiko.

"HAHA! What can I say? I cannot help but to have this effect on people! And you should relax, my feline accomplice. Here, I see no prisoner, only a victim, used as little more than a glorified key."

He turns his attention back to the bare woman.

"Now, Miss Chanterelle, are you alright? I cannot imagine it to be pleasant in such a place."
Minions, assemble!

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #94 on: Jul 13, 2017, 04:40 AM »
Braddock gives a dutiful salute as you all traverse the frame's portal. Then he solemnly picks up the painting, and the last thing you see before the dark of the crawlspace is old Ben's usual expression--a supportive, fatherly smile.

(OOC: The moving of the painting, from your perspectives, resembles a handheld camera view)

Ashen Chanterelle squeals with delight as Luispresents the sheet and Seth presents the clothes. She goes on answering Sharis as she gets dressed in front of everyone, speaking at a fast and urgent clip.

"Pleasant? Oh, you have no idea the terrors of the Maze, my lord! The inmates are no great company, and the Medusa makes sure those of us not petrified have our uses. I was placed here to summon her guards should anyone arrive, but I certainly won't now!"

She yammers on so it's hard to keep up.
  • She asks what year it is. She thinks she was taken in the year TR 3500, the three-thousandth, five-hundredth year of the Triarchy's reign. She fears the Three Sister Goddesses have been taken as well, and are within the Maze.
  • She mentions she has a husband and son waiting back home.
  • She mentions that the "bondees" (?) will be by to clean up the chains, most likely, but you can deal with that when it comes.

Chorden:
You do not sniff out anything off about Ashen. You find nothing abnormal about her, she's purely human. You do however sense the traces of other beings recently in the room, some reptilian. Ashen gives off no apparent intention to do anything but get dressed and get the hell out.
« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2017, 02:14 PM by Mister Kent »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #95 on: Jul 13, 2017, 06:22 AM »
Sovereign:
From inside the room you can see that your side of the portal also appears to be a frame, its painted image gone dark save a few wisps of light. There are large curtains on this wall to cover the painting.

In the corner, unseen from the outside of the painting, sits a worn leather bag and unlit torch. There are similar torches mounted on the walls, four in all.

The three barrels in the corner are full of fresh water, likely to keep Ashen alive as there's a ladel floating in one.

Aaron:
Besides the glow of the portal painting the walls themselves have the aura of ancient magic. Like rings within trees, the folds of color in the aura show its age. Its older than anything you've ever seen or even heard of. The magic is a form of the spell Petrify.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #96 on: Jul 13, 2017, 08:59 AM »
Sovereign:
From inside the room you can see that your side of the portal also appears to be a frame, its painted image gone dark save a few wisps of light. There are large curtains on this wall to cover the painting.

In the corner, unseen from the outside of the painting, sits a worn leather bag and unlit torch.

Sovereign points towards the bag and asks Ashen what's in it.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #97 on: Jul 13, 2017, 09:18 AM »
Yoshiko eyes Ashen a bit before sheathing the dagger concealed in her sleeve discreetly.

This woman seems innocent enough. So the cat thought as she listened to the prisoner's ramblings.

"So whass'tis Medusa y'speak of? An'tis maze while at it? And guards? Whasshe av'tguard 'ere?"

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #98 on: Jul 13, 2017, 09:37 AM »
Sharis bangs a fist against his own chest, grinning wildly.

"The Goddesses! Now that, that is a task worthy of a Triton! To free them if they are truly held here, it would be a deed truly worth remembering!"

Minions, assemble!

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #99 on: Jul 13, 2017, 10:46 AM »
"Wait, wait, wait," says Aaron incredulously, "TR 3500? The Triarchy? That was thousands of years ago!" A struggling Chorden pops unceremoniously out of the crook of Aaron's arm as he reaches out to grab Ashen by the shoulder. "How long have you been here?"

He glances at his party, suddenly remembering, "oh by the way, there's definitely some Petrify magic around here."

 

Newest Comments -


Newest Characters -

 
CrocoRocioKotSister KiteriaGhostThe Abominable Dr. HoangAshlanEgg DealerAstroleoAzu FloresSehemaThe Professors
 

Open Challenges -



Latest Topics -

 
VTHEATHER - Livereading comics in a podcast! - The Grand Unveiling 
Last updated: Orion - Today at 03:13 AM
2018 Secret Santa! 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Nov 17, 2018, 10:51 PM
Director's-Cut/Deleted Scene Jam 
Last updated: Astrodile - Nov 17, 2018, 09:48 PM
Banners for VOID 5.99 
Last updated: Shen - Nov 16, 2018, 11:55 PM
Challenges Thread 
Last updated: Miss Jetster Fukken Jay ❤︎ - Nov 16, 2018, 03:05 PM
 

Latest Members -


Users online -

 
53 Guests, 3 Users


[]

Most Online Today: 97.
Most Online Ever: 1,050 (Aug 30, 2015, 03:43 AM)

 

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us