IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #50 on: Jul 09, 2017, 08:06 PM »
With the three strangers gone, Lai Shan stepped out of the shadows and approached Truman.

"If you're done making new friends, I suggest maybe we reconvene for the main event?" she remarked coyly.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #51 on: Jul 09, 2017, 08:10 PM »
Truman:
The trio of queensmen exit the reception area and leave through the front door. Following them with your eyes, you see them turn left and directly into the next-door pub.

OOC: Truman's observation check
@Q-Bit:  1d20+6  = (13)+6 = 19


The Rafter Room - Yoshiko, Aaron, Sharis
The brushstrokes on the painting seem to vibrate with unnatural life.
« Last Edit: Jul 09, 2017, 08:25 PM by Mister Kent »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #52 on: Jul 09, 2017, 08:23 PM »
Yoshiko stared at the painting and downed her glass of wine in a full gulp.

"M'gods, tis' vibratin. 'Seither th'real deal or some artist's git' an 'eird fetish."

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #53 on: Jul 09, 2017, 08:32 PM »
As soon as he was sure it was safe, Truman turned to Lai Shan, yanking the wig from his head and stashing it in his disguise kit.

"Gather Rios and whoever else might be down here, tell them to meet upstairs, and that our cover is blown. I need to talk to Braddock."

He turned and bolted toward the secret room. As soon as he made it up the ladder, he started his report.

"Braddock. Trouble. Queensmen. Three of them. Recognized Sovereign."

He took a second to breathe.

"They're here for the False Chanterelle. They're next door now, at the pub. It's only a matter of time until they find this room."

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #54 on: Jul 09, 2017, 08:46 PM »
Lai Shan gave Truman a faux salute as he passed.

"Roger that, Chief."

She turned and walked, and shortly after found Luis peering from behind the bookshelves she was using for cover not long ago.

"You heard'm, Twinkles. Looks like we'll be putting on a show whether or not the painting actually works. Don't be late!"

Lai Shan winked as she doubled back and trotted hastily up the stairs, returning to the rafter room.
« Last Edit: Jul 09, 2017, 08:48 PM by A Bad Idea »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #55 on: Jul 09, 2017, 09:19 PM »


Sovereign stared at the trio as they passed by her, then continued on to the rafter room. Upon seeing the people gathered there, she asks "How much longer before it starts?"

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #56 on: Jul 09, 2017, 09:55 PM »
Aaron looks up upon hearing Yoshiko's exclamation. He stands up, stashing his book and stepping forward to better observe the phenomenon of the painting.

As Truman bursts in, Aaron draws out his maul, the magic crystal lashed to it brightening as the wizard prepares himself for whatever magic he may need to call forth.

"I-I can't allow them to harm the Library!" he blurts out, panicking at the thought. "What happens if they find this room?" He pauses a breath. "What happens if they do not?"

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #57 on: Jul 09, 2017, 10:21 PM »
Yoshiko saw Lai Shan arrive and handed her the glass of wine she was saving.

"Pipe down y'all. Whassat Truman? Th'recognised Sovereign thu 'th front door? S'only means th'seen one of us enter a library. All w'gotta do's 'ide all evidence and disappear b'fore showin' em th'room!"

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #58 on: Jul 09, 2017, 10:30 PM »
As soon as he saw Lai Shan, he hid the book behind. Luis didn't want anyone to know what kind of books he was getting into. It had been hard enough to prove himself as an actual tough guy, showing the Fine Art of Friendship would just result in laughs aimed at him, at best.

"Wait, we can't just charge into the p- Hold on, what the heck did you just call me!?" He started shouting again, his anger starting making him shift slowly "That sparkledog joke has been going on for far too long and-!"
Immediatly stopped himself talking, negating his ongoing transformation and noticing how loud his voice was spreading through the place, by putting hands on his mouth. He hit himself with the tome with the sudden move, forgetting that one of his hand was holding it. He let out a small yelp, rubbing his nose, and carefully looking behind to see if Lady Reed wasn't behind him, charging to shut him up again.

Cost clear. Or at least it seemed to be.

Mumbling about being stupid enough to hit himself, trotting behind the Wood Elf.
« Last Edit: Jul 09, 2017, 10:35 PM by elge »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #59 on: Jul 09, 2017, 10:52 PM »
Truman:
"They're here for the False Chanterelle. They're next door now, at the pub. It's only a matter of time until they find this room."


Braddock sighs and does his best to usher everyone into the room. "All right then--no time to dawdle!" He gives you a look, like you've both been through this scores of times before, and it's always come out all right, hasn't it?

"You need to focus now, son. Focus on what's at stake here, and--" He pats Truman's arm and says no more.

Sovereign:
Sovereign stared at the trio as they passed by her, then continued on to the rafter room. Upon seeing the people gathered there, she asks "How much longer before it starts?"
Braddock shakes his head, and gestures to the already glowing painting upon the wall. "Not long now. How's that for inopportune timing?" He seems surprised at the magic of it. "I always wondered about it, if it was that they all said it was. And now you'll know first-hand."

Aaron:
"I-I can't allow them to harm the Library!" he blurts out, panicking at the thought. "What happens if they find this room?" He pauses a breath. "What happens if they do not?"
Braddock positions himself between the door and Aaron. "No, son, you can't go out there now! If no one's caught on to your presence here before, I'm sure they'll spot you now if they come back."

He pauses, showing a rare nervous twinge. "They...they won't find this room. Lady Reed and I will see to that. And if they do? I'm going to secure the painting in your secret tunnel." He tries to act reassuring. "Secret-upon-secret! They won't even think of that, will they?" He pats your fuzzy cheek.

Yoshiko:
"Pipe down y'all. Whassat Truman? Th'recognised Sovereign thu 'th front door? S'only means th'seen one of us enter a library. All w'gotta do's 'ide all evidence and disappear b'fore showin' em th'room!"
Braddock nods. "Yes--don't worry Miss Yoshiko. I'll make sure once you disappear, there's not a trace to be found," he notes, and goes over to reopen Aaron's secret tunnel.

Luis:
You see Lady Reed in the distance, walking with purpose, having left her pushcart behind, heading to the reception area. She glances over towards you as she walks, but seems too busy to come over for another lecture.

Seth:
Lady Reed appears at her desk, rummaging for her keys, and spots you over in the Explorers Log section. "I'm closing up shortly," she calls out. "If you see something you like, take it with you. We'll settle up later..."

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #60 on: Jul 09, 2017, 11:05 PM »
He pauses, showing a rare nervous twinge. "They...they won't find this room. Lady Reed and I will see to that. And if they do? I'm going to secure the painting in your secret tunnel." He tries to act reassuring. "Secret-upon-secret! They won't even think of that, will they?" He pats your fuzzy cheek.

"Hold that thought, Ben."

Lai Shan raised a finger in objection while using her other hand to quickly drink down her wine.

"Once everyone gets here, you all go ahead of me. I'll stay behind and conceal this room for as long as I can before I have to leave. In the time that I'll be standing by, those Queensmen will not even know there is a room here."

[OOC: Lai Shan has Minor Illusion as a Cantrip. I can conceal the door to this room by instead making it seem like there's a blank wall there instead.]

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #61 on: Jul 09, 2017, 11:20 PM »
That certainly ended well, Seth thought to himself, dissatisfied with Sovereign's sudden arrival ruining whatever was going on in that small meeting. Then again, there really wasn't nothing he could've done in the end, right?

While you were distracted by what just happened, that old librarian was shouting over to you, saying something about closing up.

He had no comment to remark back at Lady Reed. No, that would be just a waste of time. He made his way back where he came from and went up the ladder.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #62 on: Jul 10, 2017, 04:30 AM »
Sharis loosely grips the handle of one of his axes, smiling.

"Wanting to defend your homestead is an admirable quality Aaron my boy, but it comes in equal measure with trusting those you share it with. And the good Lady downstairs seems like one who can take care of themself."

Sharis puts a hand on the bug bear,
"Besides, you go out there and start swinging that hammer or shooting off spells, your just as likely to thrash the books as you would a Queensmen."

Sharis looks around for a moment with a questioning look.

"Now, where are our final friends at? The party is about to start, and we don't even have everyone in attendance."
Minions, assemble!

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #63 on: Jul 10, 2017, 04:32 AM »
"Once everyone gets here, you all go ahead of me. I'll stay behind and conceal this room for as long as I can before I have to leave. In the time that I'll be standing by, those Queensmen will not even know there is a room here."

"Y'might wanna check'th ladder's put away too. Wouldn't want t'invite more s'spicion. W'recommen' we still stash th'painting 'fter w'disappear too, f'safety's sake."

She counted the people as they arrived.

"Edge elf... Twinklemutt... Hoods... where's th' grumplizard?"

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #64 on: Jul 10, 2017, 09:37 AM »
"I am NOT an edge elf!" Sovereign protested loudly.

"I am only half-elf, remember that!" she continued, with a finger raised.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #65 on: Jul 10, 2017, 09:57 AM »
Aaron clenched his teeth, letting out a rough sigh as he listened to his companions' reassurance and cleared his head. They were right, of course; he could only cause more trouble at this point.

"I sure hope the little wiggly one shows up soon so we can get this over with and the painting sequestered as inconspicuously as possible," he growled.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #66 on: Jul 10, 2017, 11:34 AM »
First thing to do, was hide that book Lady Alexandria gave to him a bit earlier, into his bag. Joining then the party, and the discussion that was happening.
Growling very loud, showing his huge discomfort when he heard Yoshiko call him by his loathed nickname.

"[Dumb... Cat-thing]" Luis mutters.

At least he wasn't the only one who the Tabaxi had targeted, Sovereign, Seth, and Chorden-Wait a minute, where was their Kobold teammate?

Can't focus on that at the moment. Luis continued paying attention, and listen to the ongoing conversation.
Stress got to him, as the fear of abandoning Benjamin and Lady Reed to their fate, didn't appeal to him at all. He stick his tongue out, about to start panting.

He was about to agree with Aaron on going out and fight the Queensmen away. But calmed down drastically when acknowledging Lai Shan's plan. Letting out an audible exhale, and a long "Hrmn".
« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2017, 01:14 PM by elge »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #67 on: Jul 10, 2017, 07:10 PM »
Arriving on the meeting floor and upon hearing the Tabaxi suggesting to bring the ladder up, he did so. Upon hearing that the Kobold still hasn't shown up yet, his annoyance grew.

"If that lizard doesn't show up soon enough, shouldn't we go on without him?"

Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #68 on: Jul 10, 2017, 11:17 PM »
Chorden knew, with full confidence, that he could walk the Catacombs of Void blindfolded. Mapping every single inch of this underground labyrinth has helped him memorize every path, corner, crack and crevasse that entailed these tunnels, even without the use of his own laid out map (though it never hurts to hold onto it). After all, these catacombs served well to cover the movements of his associates across the city. However as vast as these tunnels are they still don't cover the entirety of the city's underground. Sometimes a mission will call for a long walk and a shrouded cloak to get the job done.
 
However tonight was different. With the successful capture of the False Chanterelle the Queensmen would most surely be in an uproar. Under the threat of discovery, Chorden had been tasked to wander around the city through the catacombs to scout out the Queensmen. If their behavior had become too sporadic or had their patrols caught wind of the hidden room within the library, an evacuation would surely take precedence. Of course such a job was perfect to someone of Chorden's small stature, enough so as to go unspotted from even the most keen eye (not that he was particularly proud of his size). Of course a feasting on a few wandering rats would certainly not obstruct this task of his.

OOC: Chorden's investigation check
1d20+1=(17+1)=18


Yet as he set off for his return uncertainty began to dwell upon Chorden's mind. If the rumors were indeed true, that the accursed painting was indeed a gateway to the dreaded maze, then would be no telling to what horrors awaited him and his team on the other side. For Chorden imagined what horrendous monsters they'd encounter, to what deaths or tortures they had in mind. He contemplated simply turning around and walking away, never to return to meet such a fate. Besides, what did the others care for the life of a measly Kobold? What did he care for a group of aberrants such as them?...Then again, why should the fear of the unknown drive him away now? When has a situation occurred that didn't force him to face the unknown? Why should he let these creatures deter him when many beasts before them attempted to do the same?

When the time comes to enter the maze he'll be ready. Not a single nook or cranny will go without being marked. Any gold, gems, or diamonds would be pillaged under his grasp. Perhaps even as far to seek audience with one of "them"... But such thoughts were meant for later. Once he returned to the library, with the information given, parchment laid out, and supplies gathered, the expedition into the unknown would give way soon enough.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 11:01 AM by ZigZagaroo »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #69 on: Jul 11, 2017, 04:05 AM »
Luis didn't even bother being subtle about this one. Since he started walking, he held a long snarl, only stopping after meeting Seth face to face.

"No one-" He showed his teeth menacingly "-gets left behind..." His eyes piercing Seth's.

After he thought his point had come across, he moved his sight towards Benjamin. The angry face gradually turned into a concerned one.

It's alright Sparkly, add more tension to the situation, why don't you.
« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2017, 12:08 PM by elge »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #70 on: Jul 11, 2017, 06:34 AM »
Chorden:
From your street level (and below) investigation:

- From the orphan gangs of Hell Hill: A local lord and noted art collector was found flayed in his bedroom. The Queen's Coroner has officially ruled it a suicide.

- From overheard grumblings at The Shaky Shank pub: The Queensmen are in hotwater for botching a job. They were meant to confiscate property from a local lord, but someone stole it first. (Obviously this was you guys

- From Miss Edna Cleareyes, trusted weasel: This halfling says her lizardman boyfriend and all his lizardman pals were rounded up for questioning. That was one week ago. No one's heard from any of them since. She thinks it was because of some shady art dealings her boyfriend made...
« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2017, 06:45 AM by Mister Kent »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #71 on: Jul 11, 2017, 05:29 PM »
"No one-" He showed his teeth menacingly "-gets left behind..." His eyes piercing Seth's.

Lai Shan sighed and frowned.

"Look Glitters, no one's gonna get left behind, but there's no need to make a fuss of it. If the Queensmen are coming back with a whole squad of watchmen, we're sure to hear it coming. In the meantime, I suggest we clean up after ourselves and remove any trace that we were ever in this room. Once we enter the portal, Old Ben will take the painting and hide in the crawlspace, so even if the Queensmen find this room, they'll have no reason to suspect that anything even happened in here."

Lai Shan paced around the room, gathering empty wine glasses and stacking them neatly inside the crate next to the unopened bottles of honeywine.

"Now who would like to be a gentleman and carry these inside the portal?"

Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #72 on: Jul 11, 2017, 10:02 PM »
The history section had remained empty for the time being, what with the events that were about to transpire among these grounds. However before the silence could truly settle in an apparent creature under the rugs had begun to ruffle it's way out through them. With enough effort Chorden had reared his ugly head out from under the rugs, coming out from the secret hidden underneath. Without a single soul in sight and with information to be delievered, he made his way over to the rafter room.

Standing in front of the bookshelf that hid away the rafter room doorway Chorden had wasted no time pushing away the shelf to ent... pushing away the... PUSHING AWAY!!!... It was at this moment that Chorden was reminded of the lack of strength he possessed to perform such a feat. Out of a fit of frustration the Kobold began to repeatedly bang on the walls in a desperate attempt to gain his team's attention, oblivious to the standards a library so dearly holds.
« Last Edit: Jul 12, 2017, 10:35 AM by ZigZagaroo »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #73 on: Jul 11, 2017, 10:17 PM »
Out of a fit of frustration the Kobold began to repeatedly bang on the walls in a desperate attempt to gain his team's attention, oblivious to the standards a library so dearly holds.

Hearing the sudden noise, Sovereign places a hand on her sword. "Have we been discovered?" she hisses.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #74 on: Jul 11, 2017, 10:20 PM »
Standing in front of the bookshelf that hid away the rafter room doorway Chorten had wasted no time pushing away the shelf to ent... pushing away the... PUSHING AWAY!!!... It was at this moment that Chorten was reminded of the lack of strength he possessed to perform such a feat. Out of a fit of frustration the Kobold began to repeatedly bang on the walls in a desperate attempt to gain his team's attention, oblivious to the standards a library so dearly holds.

The shelf slides away, and the familiar face of Lady Reed appears standing next to you, towering over you, having opened the secret door for you. She carries a dagger in one hand and has several spell scrolls tucked under her arm. "You're tardy, Mr. Chorden," she says in a stern but calm motherly voice. "Your friends are awaiting you upstairs, you'd better hurry. I've got preparations to make down here...Closing up shop..."
« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2017, 10:24 PM by Mister Kent »

 

Newest Comments -


Newest Characters -

 
CrocoRocioKotSister KiteriaGhostThe Abominable Dr. HoangAshlanEgg DealerAstroleoAzu FloresSehemaThe Professors
 

Open Challenges -



Latest Topics -

 
2018 Secret Santa! 
Last updated: Orion - Today at 02:51 AM
Banners for VOID 5.99 
Last updated: Shen - Nov 16, 2018, 11:55 PM
Challenges Thread 
Last updated: Miss Jetster Fukken Jay ❤︎ - Nov 16, 2018, 03:05 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Nov 16, 2018, 08:24 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Desichan - Nov 15, 2018, 11:35 PM
 

Latest Members -


Users online -

 
24 Guests, 1 User


[]

Most Online Today: 88.
Most Online Ever: 1,050 (Aug 30, 2015, 03:43 AM)

 

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us