IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #150 on: Jul 19, 2017, 06:42 PM »
Growing ever more curious, Lai Shan turns sideways-down and takes the stairs going westward (downward??)
« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2017, 08:38 PM by A Bad Idea »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #151 on: Jul 19, 2017, 09:16 PM »
Yoshiko:
"Y'even know where e'is love? Th' Demon King o' yers?"
"Intel states the Medusa would keep him close to her chamber, so I'm sure he's in the Cells to the North of us," Lady Capilli replies, then rolls her eyes. "Now, look at me babble on so! I had said--No Spoilers, right?"

Yoshiko prepared a few candles and tied them to the sides of her boots, lighting them and  stepping down from the stone, prepping herself to leap back up if the shadow still engulfed her light foosteps. If this worked, she planned to  head to the door to the west and take a peek.
You unlock the door from your side and push it open--it moves slowly, as you come to find it is scraping on overgrown ivy vines crossing the threshold.

You find a large room, a dark funerary grotto that was once lit, but the lamps are long dead and everything is black. The air is dry and the plants and leaves are papery, yet still they are abundant and seemingly growing. Flowers and vines grow around and into black soapstone statues. You appear to be at the edge of a great Garden complex, with multiple exits on the far side of the room.
(Yoshiko has crossed into the green room)


The vines growing on the closest statues squirm at your arrival. Before your eyes, they rip themselves free from the statues and reach out to you like begging hands.

Lai Shan:
Growing ever more curious, Lai Shan turns sideways-down and takes the stares going westward (downward??)
The door is locked, and bears a sign reading "PRIVATE FUNCTION ~ By Invitation Only". There are light metallic footsteps pacing on the other side of the door. There is a crudely drawn symbol on the door in white chalk. It looks like a pair of church bells with a heart encircling them both.

[OOC: Yoshiko, take an Inspiration for your experiments in dungeoneering! Also btw, Sharis, take an Inspiration for your truly Tritonic rescuing in Room 1!]
« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2017, 09:21 PM by Mister Kent »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #152 on: Jul 19, 2017, 09:32 PM »
Yoshiko took a step back and flicked a bronze coin towards a vine, watching to see what happens before deciding her next move.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #153 on: Jul 19, 2017, 09:57 PM »
Sharis pushes forward in the group, speaking up.

"So this Medusa is to the north then? Fantastic!"

Sharis crosses an arm over his chest, and nods his head towards the Lady Chipilli.

"My gratitude. You have aided me greatly in cutting down time towards righteous battle."

Sharis looks back behind him.

"Fair Lady, it seems we have a heading towards your retribution!"
Minions, assemble!

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #154 on: Jul 19, 2017, 10:45 PM »
NEW FEATURE ~ SPOILER TAGS! These will be used when the party splits, to keep things better organized. Honor system for metagaming - all things posted in spoilers are only perceived by the characters in those rooms. Feel free to read anything as long as it doesn't affect in-character actions. >> [*spoiler][/spoiler]

Yoshiko, Gardens 28:
Spoiler: show
You toss the coin and it clatters to the ground. The ivy leaves on the statues shiver, and smaller vines emerge from cracks in the broken flagstone floor. The vines creep into the black soapstone figures--memorial statues with their rough humanoid features nearly worn away--and begin to animate them. Chunks of black statue hang together, strung with woven vines like heavy marionettes. Three statues animate in all (the 2 in the north of the room and 1 on the curve).

One statue kneels on one knee to pick up the coin, clasps its rough hands over it, and then offers it back to you. In many human cultures this resembles a formal marriage proposal. Its fellow statues watch eagerly for your response.


Sharis, Halls 2 into Halls 7: (Map to be updated soon)
Ashen Chanterelle beams and cheers you on. "Glorious, my champion!" she says.

Lady Capilli steps aside as you charge forth. "Remember--bring anything that you deem to possess aesthetic value back to this chamber, and I will reward you," she announces to the room, before walking into a shadow and vanishing from sight.

You approach the 10-foot wide opening to the North room, and find a long chamber decorated with a mosaic on the east wall, west wall, and the floor. The mosaic depicts a vibrantly colored woman with a serpent's body, made of small colorful tiles. The lintel atop the door is engraved as "Great Cyanoxantha".
Spoiler: show

As you step to the entrance, the mosaic rumbles, as if clearing its throat. It addresses you in Aquan-Primordial, with a perfect accent.
Spoiler: The mural speaks... • show

"The first to cross these coils must dance,
The second, sing to safety reach,
The third must bleed or risk mischance,
The fourth one dies between my teeth,
The next will be the first once more,
And do not cheat, I'm keeping score!"


All others in Halls 2:
You see Lady Capilli disappear into her own shadow (and pass a subtle wink at Seth before she goes). When Sharis reaches the next room, you hear a voice rumble in a thick accent in a strange language. (Anyone who speaks any dialect of Primordial can recognize it)
« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2017, 11:20 PM by Mister Kent »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #155 on: Jul 19, 2017, 11:23 PM »
Spoiler: show
Yoshiko was taken back by this display. Is she getting proposed to? By vines controlling statues?

But hold on, she was jumping to conclusions. She recalled some mention abou petrification the Big Guy was on about. First she had to establish something, in a sophisticated manner.

"*AHEM* Pardon me, good sir, but first may I ask if you understand the common tongue and if so, are you proposing to me? You need only nod or shake the head to each inquiry."


*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #156 on: Jul 19, 2017, 11:55 PM »
Lai Shan in Room 4
Spoiler: show

Lai Shan crossed her arms and huffed in frustration. Not that she was the kind of person who heeded invitations, but the notion of a wedding in this weird place just felt tacky, and vaguely insulting. Having lost her patience with the door, she turned on her heel back toward the center knot of stairs, pressed her back foot against the wall and kicked off sideways into the air.

[OOC: Acrobatics to navigate the Escher Room 1d20+6 = (8 )+6 = 14]

...or was it downwards? Upwards? There wasn't enough time to figure it out before the room appeared to spin out of control. With a sudden *THUD!*, Lai Shan found herself flat on her back, off the stairs and onto some semblance of a ground level.

[OOC: Falling Damage! 2d6 = (1+5) = 6]

Pulling herself to her feet, Lai Shan took a quick glance around. She never noticed before, but there are other bodies on this floor... dead bodies, by the look of it! Given how she found herself on the floor, it's no surprise how they got there. Nevertheless, there was no one to stop her from shuffling around their things, was there?

[OOC: Searching Bodies :1d100 = (60) = 60, 1d100 = (12) = 12, 1d100 = (66) = 66]

Lai Shan manages to extract some coin, a day's worth of travel food, and an unopened waterskin.
« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2017, 04:51 AM by A Bad Idea »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #157 on: Jul 20, 2017, 12:29 AM »
Seeing nothing dangerous happening, Sovereign takes out a torch from her pack and lights it, holding it up as she goes to [Room 3].

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #158 on: Jul 20, 2017, 12:47 AM »
Seth finds himself to be distracted by Capilli's charm, not really paying attention to the others and or whatever business went on. However, it wasn't until she was out of sight and the booming voice coming from the hall ahead. Noting he's been letting himself get distracted for too long, he heads towards [Hall 7], where Sharis was.

"Fish man," he says as he steps into the hall. "Did you trip something? What on earth was that?"

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #159 on: Jul 20, 2017, 01:04 AM »
Following Ashen and Sharis silently, Sparkly glanced around the place. Oddly unaffected by the thought of being inside a painting. He found himself unable to differentiate between fascination of all of this... Or just pure fear.

Lady Chanterelle sounded infatuated by the Triton's heroic presence. Or something like that, Luis didn't understand this thing called attraction.

Unfortunately, The Cleric couldn't avoid feeling a bit jealous about Sharis managing to prove himself as brave, and willing to take all the risks, while Luis just kept himself behind the Triton, in apparent unease.

They eventually passed through a tall entrance. Filled with curiosity, he stayed looking at it for some seconds before joining his teammate and their companion. He was not able to decipher what the letters, if they even were letters, were trying to say. Thus forgetting about is soon.

Alerted by the mosaic suddenly speaking, Luis flinched and let out a pathetic whimper. Which he tried to cover with subtly clearing his throat.

Soon he noticed Seth had joined them. Fearing he might have heard his stupid whine.

He cleared his throat again.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #160 on: Jul 20, 2017, 01:47 AM »
 Sharis turns to Seth.

"We enter into a mystic maze of legend, my brother in arms! And it presents to us a task. The first to dance to cross, the second to sing, the third to give blood, and the fourth, to die."

Sharis turns back to the mosaic.

"Should our fair lady know song or dance, i say now is the time to use it. Should any of you know the other, then now is your time. If so, i shall be the one to spill blood. No offense meant, but I will be the least impeded. And after that, I suggest no more follow down this route."
Minions, assemble!

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #161 on: Jul 20, 2017, 02:20 AM »
"Is that so?"

Seth turns to face Luis. He gave him a look for trying to hide his loud whimper.

"You heard him, right? What would it be?" A grin on his face. "Unless you're scared."

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #162 on: Jul 20, 2017, 09:55 AM »
Returning to his mind palace, Aaron reaches for any tomes that might recall more about this Demon King Dendrosathol or his daughter, Psathyrella Medusae.

OOC:
Arcana/History (whichever is appropriate): @Aaron Khuulurgrek Grok:  1d20+4  = (20)+4 = 24


Drifting in his mental thoughts, Aaron wanders to the three rooms, first East, then North, then West, carefully observing the origins and schools of magic reported by his Detect Magic spell. He makes a mental note to study the East room more in-depth, although his gut tells him to avoid it or risk some unhappy bodily discomfort. He studies the mural as Sharis communes with it, wishing he had learned more of the ancient and arcane languages of the multiverse.

OOC:
Another Arcana/History check to know anything about the mural: @Aaron Khuulurgrek Grok:  1d20+4  = (12)+4 = 16


He waits for a moment, listening as Sharis explains the requirements of passage. Sounds like they've got the first three steps accounted for; guess I'll be passing up this room! he thinks to himself as he continues to the West room.

"Hey, cat-lady!" Aaron calls toward his companion as he strides through the room, "Did you say something about the shadows in this room?"

OOC:
Perception to see if Aaron notices that the shadows are pits: @Aaron Khuulurgrek Grok:  1d20-1  = (17)-1 = 16
Acrobatics/Dex save in case the above isn't enough to keep him from falling into a shadow pit: @Aaron Khuulurgrek Grok:  1d20  = (11) = 11

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #163 on: Jul 20, 2017, 07:37 PM »
Sovereign, looking into Room 3:

You observe a circular room with a circling phantom light, causing the standing stones in the center of the room to cast shadows. There is an open entrance to the North, and an open door at the West.
Spoiler: show

Standing in the West door, you see Yoshiko standing hesitantly, talking with some dark figures, asking them if they can understand her.


 Aaron, in Room 2:
You recall hearing the name Dendrosathol, and are in fact able to handily correct Lady Capilli (which she in no way appreciates, and seems to resent you for it a little). "Demon King" is a mistaken epithet, as he's actually considered an "Arch-Devil" by the more reliable historical accounts. Devils and demons are very different beings. While demons typically sow strife and chaos for its own sake, devils abide by their own codes of behavior.

In the earliest days of existence, the legend goes, a hag foretold that Dendrosathol would have twelve immortal daughters of great power. Standing together with his bride and daughters, his dynasty would "carve a New World out of the Old, and build empires upon the corpses of their foes".

Dendrosathol's beloved mate perished giving birth to their 13th daughter. With the youngest child's birth, Dendrosathol the Arch-Devil saw that his great dream was ended before it could begin, and this is when he more or less he vanishes from history. You cannot recall any historical accounts that name his children.

You survey the rooms:
  • East Room: The magic aura is wobbly here. You peer inside to see a rigidly chaotic network of stairs. There's an element of space distortion here, and the funhouse mirror version of a Gravity spell.
  • North Room: The aura here is constrictive, as if binding the room's native occupant to a Geas of some sort. You heard the roaring voice that spoke to Sharis earlier. Was she presenting her Geas's parameters?
  • West: The aura here ebbs and flows like the moon-drawn tide. You see (the image as described to Sovereign, above). The associated spell seems to belong to an unknown school of magic, possibly ancient or extradimensional in origin.
You enter the West room calling after Yoshiko, and see the odd way the shadows pull back and the floor becomes a deep pit--however you see it too late, and trip over the edge of one shadow-pit. There is a loud thud as you fall to the floor, but luckily you catch yourself on your hands and knees. Much to large to fit into a pit, you'll have to dodge the shadows or risk a partial dismemberment...
(Initiative for the light: @Mister Kent:  1d20  = (17) = 17
Aaron must win Initiative against the passing shadow or lose a hand, forearm, foot, or lower leg...)
UPDATE: @Aaron Khuulurgrek Grok:  1d20  = (2) = 2


Lai Shan, in Room 4:
Spoiler: show

From the dark open doorway to the West of you (currently above you), you hear a faint echoing song. The voice is reverberant, like someone singing through a funnel. The words are in a language you do not understand, but it sounds like a sweet lullaby. You finally manage to scramble up the targeted staircase, but its almost embarrassingly difficult for a skilled Shadow Monk--at least no one else is here to witness this.


 Yoshiko, in Room 28:
Spoiler: show


The proposing statue looks up at you blankly with no indication that it understands your speech. Its faded features are dull and misshapen. This was clearly sculpted stone rather than petrified flesh.

The other two statues point their featureless hands towards the kneeling one, and then extend their rocky vine-entangled arms towards you, imploring you to respond in some other way. You hear other things in the room begin to stir, other statues crackling to life.

Behind you, in the shadow-pit room, you hear Aaron grunt and fall with a loud thud...
« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2017, 08:04 PM by Mister Kent »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #164 on: Jul 20, 2017, 08:08 PM »
Lai Shan in Room 4
Spoiler: show
Pulling herself onto the sideways ledge, Lai Shan dusts herself off and wipes her brow, having exerted much more effort than she had planned. I may have done this exercise before, but it's still really frustrating!

Annoyed but not deterred, Lai Shan continues through the North door.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #165 on: Jul 20, 2017, 08:12 PM »
Yoshiko Room 28

Spoiler: show

Yoshiko screamed from within her mind. She has talked with all sorts of creatures in her life, but this was the first time vine controlled statue was proposing to her. One that could not understand speech. There was only one way to communicate with them.

Gestures and Pantomime.

Taking a deep breath, she gently pushed up proposing one's hand to get it to face her in poise more suited for conversation. Then she pointed at him/it, to herself, and then vaguely eastward before making a "man walking" hand sign before an inquisitive shrug.

"Before that. You. Me. Able to leave?" - was her intent.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #166 on: Jul 20, 2017, 09:52 PM »
Lai Shan, entering Room 8 from Room 4:
Spoiler: show
In the middle of a dark vault, you find a curious pair:

A large shell-like creature is rocking a shriveled mutant baby to sleep, cooing a haunting incoherent foreign lullaby. It sees you, and gestures at the sleeping infant-thing with its sole, hand-tentacle appendage. In the corner of the room, a tall figure stands still, but seems to liven up as you enter.

"Ah, a newcomer! Can you talk, at least? This one is no good for my work," the voice whispers to you in a welcoming tone. Its features are obscured behind cascades of dry bandage. It gives the silhouette of a mummified lizardwoman.

"Welcome! Please, come sit!" the figure says, though there's nowhere obvious to sit comfortably. "Name and occupation?"

She presents a scroll and quill, and begins to write down her observations about you. "Hm, interesting..."


Yoshiko, Room 28:
Spoiler: show
The kneeling figure stands and steps very close to you, and extends his hands in such a way that it looks like a dance posture. The other two statues grasp hands and demonstrate by waltzing arm in arm.

« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2017, 09:58 PM by Mister Kent »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #167 on: Jul 21, 2017, 12:03 AM »
Seeing Aaron somehow trip over himself onto the floor, Sovereign gives out an audible sigh. Walking forward with her torch held up in front of her, she says "Did you forget to wear your glasses again, you oversized gobli-"

OOC Initiative roll:
@Ten Dead Kings:  1d20  = (13) = 13

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #168 on: Jul 21, 2017, 12:10 AM »
Lai Shan, entering Room 8 from Room 4:
Spoiler: show
In the middle of a dark vault, you find a curious pair:

A large shell-like creature is rocking a shriveled mutant baby to sleep, cooing a haunting incoherent foreign lullaby. It sees you, and gestures at the sleeping infant-thing with its sole, hand-tentacle appendage. In the corner of the room, a tall figure stands still, but seems to liven up as you enter.

"Ah, a newcomer! Can you talk, at least? This one is no good for my work," the voice whispers to you in a welcoming tone. Its features are obscured behind cascades of dry bandage. It gives the silhouette of a mummified lizardwoman.

"Welcome! Please, come sit!" the figure says, though there's nowhere obvious to sit comfortably. "Name and occupation?"

She presents a scroll and quill, and begins to write down her observations about you. "Hm, interesting..."


Lai Shan, Room 8

Spoiler: show
Lai Shan was busy peering curiously at the shell creature and its child(?) when she was snapped to the attention of the voice. Lai Shan was always wary of strangers, but strangers behaving civil in unknown hostile environments were especially suspicious. Okay, be civil, but don't get too close. And whatever you do, don't let them touch you.

"Oh! I didn't know someone was in here. My name is Lune Litheriyen, I'm a scholar. Might I know your name?" She beamed a friendly smile.

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #169 on: Jul 21, 2017, 12:36 AM »
Seth turns to face Luis. He gave him a look for trying to hide his loud whimper.

"You heard him, right? What would it be?" A grin on his face. "Unless you're scared."

Turned red, his eyes widened, and started babbling some confusing words, not even Luis could have deciphered even if he was the one voicing them, when Seth gave that toothy smile.

"S-scared!? What are you t-talking about!" He started barking. Oh boy... Another one of his rants was approaching "Why don't YOU go fourth, if you're so valiant?" Without allowing Seth to reply, he continued shouting "Huh, what's t-that!? No? Yeah, that's what I t-though!"

His breathing was audible. Luis ruffled his hair, before making a long sigh. He looked back at Seth.

"Now, if you excuse me, I will be heading back to warn the others about the mural..."
Acknowledging Aaron's presence, Sparkly decides then to follow, walking awkardly behind him.
"A-and not because I am afraid!"

He started going over and over about the discussion that had just happened, realizing he might have made himself a fool in front of Ashen. Especially Ashen. By the Divines... Just met a new person, and he already blasted his "tough guy" facade.

Lamenting didn't stop him from noticing Sovereign standing near the entrance of the room the bugbear seemed interested to visit now.
The Half-Elf had earned Luis' admiration since their first heist together... Along with fearing her the most of the whole group.
He came to a stop once being nearby to start a conversation with her. But wasn't able to word anything, as Aaron's sudden fall caught both of their attention.

Luis' initiative check
1d20+1 = (7)+1 = 8


"Aaron!" He shouted, but it had been too late...



« Last Edit: Jul 21, 2017, 12:45 AM by elge »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #170 on: Jul 21, 2017, 03:33 AM »
Sharis watches Luis' response and departure with a pitying look.

"Truly, the shame of many of you land walkers life spans. Too eager to prove valor before you are ready to face it."

He then turns to Seth.

"So then I take it this means you know song dance? If not, then you must be prepared to spill your own blood, though I know you are hesitant to spill others. These sorts of thing do not respond well if you think to be clever" he says, finishing with a gesture to the mosaic.
Minions, assemble!

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #171 on: Jul 21, 2017, 03:48 AM »
Yoshiko Room 28
Spoiler: show

A dance. These figures seem to have noble customs to them. Provided this is not a trap, of course. The fact that they could not understand speech and the fact that they aren't petrified corpses but actual carved figures controlled by vines rules out the possibility of becoming one of those as a trap, at least.

Yoshiko thought she heard someone call out and fall, but was very much engaged at this... unique situation she found herself in. She shrugged. Surely the rest would be fine. She did warn them of the shadows after all.

She took the hand of the figure with ladylike poise. Give the "gentleman" this dance while observing the room. At worse, she'd make a break and regroup. At best, she may make a new friend.


*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #172 on: Jul 21, 2017, 03:57 AM »
As the Cleric continued to scold down at Seth for his remark, the man couldn't help but roll his eyes. Out of the rest of the teammates, his reactions were always the amusing and at some times, annoying. He continued to let the sparkledog hound down at him before he left to go warn the others about the mural. He heard the triton address to him about what choices he was willing to do in regards to the mural.

"In all honesty, I'd much rather bleed rather than...perform in front of people, especially in front of our lady Chanterelle here." He turns his face to Sharis. "Not only that, but I think you'd do a much better performance."

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #173 on: Jul 21, 2017, 03:08 PM »


Luis/Chorden/Truman, Room 2:
Spoiler: show
Despite best efforts, none of you were able to reach Aaron in time. With a clear view into the next room, you can see the horror unfold.

The ghost boy seems terribly frightened of the ordeal, covers his eyes and vanishes from the room.


Aaron/Sovereign, Room 3:
Spoiler: show

The constantly moving light marches on without pause or mercy.

Aaron:
You thought you might be lucky. If your large bugbear frame hadn't proved too big for the shadow-pit, you would been falling right now. However, being too big also has its drawbacks, as you kneel partially stuck in the shadow.

When you pull yourself from the trap, you try to launch yourself to the edge of the room beyond the shadows' reach. The shadow moves, and shears off your right foot. You roll to the relative safety of the outer ring of the room, but you are bleeding profusely. The pain hasn't hit you yet, but it will.
(@Aaron Khuulurgrek Grok:  2d10  = (2+7) = 9
Aaron loses 9hp)


Sovereign:
You are not close enough to assist, but close enough to hear the sickening crunch. Aaron rolls out of the pit's reach. You can reach him safely if you carefully skirt the outer edge of the room.

The door to Yoshiko (Room 28) begins to swing closed.


Yoshiko, Room 28:
Spoiler: show
The courting statue is not so graceful a dancer, and its surface is rough, so you take a few scratches, but it slowly waltzes with you. It's poorly carved head sways dreamily to unheard music. During your spiraling dance, you glance over at the other statues still dancing. You realize your courtier is leading you gently but firmly to the West side of the room.

Behind you, the stone door to the circular room begins to close gently with the sound of stone chuffing against ivy.


Lai Shan, Room 8:
You notice another door on the East wall, a small non-descript black door that almost blends into the shadows.
Spoiler: show
"Lune Litheriyen, eh?" the lizardwoman mummy says as she writes it down. "Pleased to meet you! Linneax Gruel, Reptile Archive Times!" She extends her withered hand with appealing professionalism. "It's been a while since I've had someone warm-blooded to interview. Would you mind?"

She looks over at the shell, then back at you. "As long as we're quiet, of course! Wouldn't want to wake young Subfoetens Torn, or his nurse will escort us out," she whispers, and begins to lean against the wall rather than sit. There is a creak like ripping stitches as she bends her knees slightly. Close-up you now see this mummy woman in full, bound in dried decayed linen. Her ribcage is exposed and stuffed with many tightly rolled scrolls of nice parchment.

"Ms. Litheriyen--may I call you Lune? Lune, where are you from, and what brings you to the Maze today? Scholarly pursuits, I bet? Are you hoping to score big, like so many young hopefuls before you? The competition is heating up, you know! Are you traveling alone?" Ms. Gruel's mouth hangs agape in anticipation of the answers.

The little mutant baby (apparently "Subfoetens Torn" according to Ms. Gruel) gurgles lightly in the coils of the shell.


Sharis/Seth, entrance to Room 7:
Spoiler: show
Glancing back at (Room 3), you see the grisly accident occur with Aaron and his foot in the shadow trap. Ashen sees it as well, and shrieks. Her scream echoes in the great vaulted room, out across the mosaic room, and to the open door beyond.
« Last Edit: Jul 22, 2017, 12:02 AM by Mister Kent »

*
Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #174 on: Jul 21, 2017, 05:14 PM »
Seeing the bugbear's foot get eaten up by the shadows gave Sovereign a bit of a shock. After a few seconds, she realises this is beyond her skills, and instead turns around and yells, "DOGBOY!"

Then, Sovereign turns back towards the room with her sword drawn and torch held high, carefully skirting the outer edge of the room towards Aaron.

 

Newest Comments -


Newest Characters -

 
KindervampenCrocoRocioKotSister KiteriaGhostThe Abominable Dr. HoangAshlanEgg DealerAstroleoAzu FloresSehema
 

Open Challenges -

 
No Open Challenges
 


Latest Topics -

 
The Doc is in 
Last updated: Shen - Today at 02:08 AM
VTHEATHER - Livereading comics in a podcast! - Episode 3 Out! 
Last updated: Happy December 16th! -Reecer6 - Dec 15, 2018, 11:51 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Dec 15, 2018, 04:28 PM
ELECTION 2018 Art Jam 
Last updated: Pita - Dec 15, 2018, 12:31 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Dec 15, 2018, 01:49 AM
 

Latest Members -


Users online -

 
83 Guests, 1 User


[]

Most Online Today: 102.
Most Online Ever: 1,050 (Aug 30, 2015, 03:43 AM)

 

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us