VCAST EPISODE 51 IS HERE!!

Re: Introducing VC:SI !! Episode 4 uploaded!
« Reply #50 on: Dec 11, 2012, 08:41 AM »
I wish you were in on it, too, shen! You're so fun to listen to.

Speaking of which, how do you get in on these? Is it just like the coolest people only, or does CrackingSkulls just randomly call up whoever's on Skype because she's too lazy to plan ahead? :P

« Reply #51 on: Dec 11, 2012, 10:09 AM »
Photoshop auto-tone is pretty much all I used to get the colors to look brighter. I do use levels sometimes, but I wanted to keep the natural look of the blacks for this one, even though it did look a little more purple than just black.

And yeah, I'll be working on perspective for sure. I did page 5 last and was running behind, so hopefully that won't be a problem in the future.

Thanks for the crits, guys! I feel so special when I hear my name flowing from between your lips.

« Reply #52 on: Dec 11, 2012, 10:48 AM »
PS--My favorite part is the twenty minutes of silence at the end.

« Reply #53 on: Dec 11, 2012, 11:30 AM »
Speaking of which, how do you get in on these? Is it just like the coolest people only, or does CrackingSkulls just randomly call up whoever's on Skype because she's too lazy to plan ahead? :P

She usually asks around the time the next cast is wrapping up, from what I am noticing. I was asked close to a week in advance if I wanted to be on it but originally couldn't...but things worked out that when someone else couldn't make it, I was able to, so I ended up getting in last minute haha. Generally though its a bit of notice and I think its easier to get on if you chill around the VOIDchat too.

Just my observations though!

« Reply #54 on: Dec 12, 2012, 03:05 AM »
Charlie is correct! I try to give everyone appearing equal turns (almost everyone's appeared twice so far), and I ask a few selected people in the chatroom if they have time in their schedule to do a recording. (time zones are tricky to plan out right!)

On another related note, The holidays are coming, so for these next few weeks, I'm setting up:

VC:SI BEST OF VOID 2012

To count down the inevitable end of the world, we'll be gathering up some of the best comics (and Voiders!) that have stood out in entervoid this year!

Got a comic/voider to nominate? post them here, and give your reasons! Remember, they've got to be comics that have appeared this year, so get going!

Nomination categories for comics are:

Best Comic in Comedy
Best Comic in Action
Best Comic in Character Development
Best Traditional Comic
Best Digital Comic
*Best Mixed Media Comic

Best Artist Match (edit: scratched off since not enough matches were made this year)
Best Beyond Battle
Best Versus Battle

Most Outstanding Newcomer
Most Outstanding Voider of 2012
Most Improved Voider
Most Helpful Voider in Critiques

?*Best New Character (the best precious newborn fighters of 2012!)
 ?*Character of the Year (one who had lots of cool entertaining moments)
 ?*Best Returning Character (an older character that was inactive for a while)

(*New categories added)
 (? Considering adding in)
« Last Edit: Dec 20, 2012, 07:17 PM by CrackingSkulls »

« Reply #55 on: Dec 12, 2012, 07:55 AM »
How do we nominate??? Do we send you a message on Void or what?

« Reply #56 on: Dec 12, 2012, 08:39 AM »
I nominate Hats for everything.

« Reply #57 on: Dec 12, 2012, 09:40 AM »

« Reply #58 on: Dec 12, 2012, 01:26 PM »
Can we have an award for best person who did absolutely nothing at all really this year ?

Because then I might win! WOO.

« Reply #59 on: Dec 12, 2012, 05:11 PM »
How do we nominate??? Do we send you a message on Void or what?

Just post them on this thread, or if you wish to be anonymous for some reason, you can PM me your nominations.

Can we have an award for best person who did absolutely nothing at all really this year ?

Because then I might win! WOO.

SIR YOU HAVE ALREADY WON.

Re: Introducing VC:SI !! Episode 4/Best of Void 2012 begins!
« Reply #60 on: Dec 12, 2012, 06:09 PM »

« Reply #61 on: Dec 12, 2012, 06:47 PM »
WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON THERE

« Reply #62 on: Dec 12, 2012, 06:52 PM »
I'll be a shoe in for the "Voider that went pro but stuck around on Void" award.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #63 on: Dec 12, 2012, 06:55 PM »
I nominate everybody for everything!! Ahh how can I choose between you all when I love everyone so much?!'

edit like two hours later
may I throw in a suggestion? I know theres a lot of catagories already but I wanted to toss is "best versus" or something like that, for a battle where two Voiders went all out and both had remarkable entries. That would require two winners though...
just thought I'd throw that one in there since I can think of some good contenders.
« Last Edit: Dec 12, 2012, 07:56 PM by Animeshen »

« Reply #64 on: Dec 12, 2012, 09:37 PM »
Added to the list!

« Reply #65 on: Dec 12, 2012, 10:10 PM »
have we started formally nominating people yet?

i officially nominate OTAKUTAYLOR for Most Outstanding Newcomer, first for finally getting off his ass and getting Tsumi into Void, and then doing tons of awesome work after the Invitational was over.

« Reply #66 on: Dec 13, 2012, 01:44 AM »

OH GAWD SYNJEH!! THERE YOU ARE!!!

« Reply #67 on: Dec 13, 2012, 02:49 AM »
My picks:

Best Comic in Comedy: Himie vs Baghead (Hiemie side) http://entervoid.com/view.php?id=4157&side=1&iid=01
Best Comic in Action: Mammon vs Jimmy Boom (JB side) http://entervoid.com/view.php?id=4195&side=2&iid=1
Best Comic in Character Development: Udesuline vs Gray (Gray side) http://entervoid.com/view.php?id=4334&side=2&iid=01
Best Traditional Comic Invitational finals (Toro Joe side) http://entervoid.com/view.php?id=4215&side=3&iid=01
Best Digital Comic: ---undecided

Best Artist Match TK vs Jho (Jho side) http://entervoid.com/view.php?id=4007&side=2&iid=1
Best Beyond Battle Whiplash (Wizzie Belles and Mammon) http://entervoid.com/index.php?action=comic%3bid=4325
Best Versus Battle ---undecided

Most Outstanding Newcomer - Magistelle
Most Outstanding Voider of 2012 - Mister Kent
Most Improved Voider - GPS Device
Most Helpful Voider in Critiques - CrackingSkulls

« Reply #68 on: Dec 13, 2012, 03:10 AM »
I PMed mine lol I'm shy

« Reply #69 on: Dec 14, 2012, 05:00 PM »
Best Comic in Comedy - Mortido vs Jessie Valley (Mortido's side)
Reference
Best Comic in Action - Jimmy Boom vs Toro Joe vs Morrow Stone (Tinman's Side) Reference
Best Comic in Character Development - Merrick vs Mortido (Jaz's side)
Reference
Best Traditional Comic - Mr. Creamy vs. Phillips Household (Hiemie's Side)
Reference
Best Digital Comic - Jessie Valley vs Ponch Pomperelli (Qyz's Side)
Reference
Best Mixed Media Comic - Well, Moreso Animeshen in general, but I'll link to her more recent battle. I know she combines both methods.
Reference

Best Beyond Battle - Mags' and Hats' Whiplash comic, obviously.
Reference

Honorable Mention - Angieness The only reason I didn't just PICK Angie is because she only does Beyond Battles. It would be unfair :'D But they're all gorgeous and amazing and I love Angie's work a lot.

Best Versus Match - Magistelle VS TKDZen They both brought their A-game. It was cray cray. I'm close friends with TK, and I saw him work on the comic. It was pretty thrilling.

Most Outstanding Newcomer - Me! Or if that's too conceited of an answer, I nominate Bloochikin Bloo has got some mad skills. There are peeps here on VOID that I wanna battle, and then there are people on VOID that I wanna battle even though my defeat is inevitable. Bloo's on that list. ^_^;

Honorable Mention - Magistelle Omg, this girl continues to impress me with each comic she makes. So much talent, and at such a young age. Compared to an old fart like me, she's breezing through the skill barrier at a ridiculous speed.

Most Outstanding Voider of 2012 - Mister Kent. I admire that dude's drive. Guy is always doing comics. Always submits. He's doing what I wanna do, and for that, he's my hero.

Most Improved Voider - MyHatsEatPeople. Her style has changed. It's kinda cool. Just check out her archives. Even if you don't, just know that Hats is on professional level now.

Honorable Mention - Julienya Julz has gotten better with her comic making skills. She has done nothing but improve since the invitational. Plus, her comedy skills are unmatched. Go read her stuff and you can tell. Her wacky comedy has always been there, but there's a significant increase in her pacing, composition, and overall storytelling skills.

Most Helpful Voider in Critiques - Kozispoon Kozi is getting back into Void! But that hasn't stopped her from lending some helpful advice to fellow Voiders. It makes us await her return even more.

Best New Character - Nyasuu The coolest cat I know, now. Could've been Catsuit if he didn't disintegrate into thin air.

Character of the Year - Wizzie Bells It's been a good year for the spunky wiz kid. Everybody loves her. Everybody who is COOL, anyway.

Best Returning Character - Veronica Nightingale She has been active as of late. I love that she pretty much runs everything. Powerful character, she is.
« Last Edit: Dec 20, 2012, 07:32 PM by Kinu »

« Reply #70 on: Dec 14, 2012, 07:29 PM »
I'll gather up nominations around the 23rd, and I'll announce them on the last episode of the year (30th).

Re: Introducing VC:SI !! Episode 5/Best of Void 2012 begins!
« Reply #71 on: Dec 16, 2012, 08:05 PM »
VC:SI Episode 5 is here

No intro/outro yet! But for now, enjoy the episode!

« Reply #72 on: Dec 17, 2012, 12:22 PM »
Here's what I was talking about with utilizing photos in your comics and making them work:

Ai Yazawa tends to use a lot of altered photographs she took for backgrounds, but she makes it fit with her style.

« Reply #73 on: Dec 17, 2012, 03:20 PM »
Getting my listen on after lunch. :D TANGENTS

« Reply #74 on: Dec 17, 2012, 06:07 PM »
I still hate how Ai Yazawa and other mangaka use photo backgrounds! I love everything she does but I always cringed when I saw that in her manga.
Kittens wearins mittens

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KotSister KiteriaGhostThe Abominable Dr. HoangAshlanEgg DealerAstroleoAzu FloresSehemaThe ProfessorsTiffanyShmagic

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Sep 19, 2018, 10:18 PM
Post Apocalypse Jam: Redux (CAUTION: NSFW 18+ INSIDE) 
Last updated: Shen - Sep 17, 2018, 10:52 PM
SilverBlaze's Incubation pod 
Last updated: ArtsandGoodies - Sep 14, 2018, 09:54 PM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: MightyMayhem - Sep 14, 2018, 04:38 PM
Challenges Thread 
Last updated: Dechado - Sep 12, 2018, 11:42 AM

Latest Members -

Users online -

54 Guests, 2 Users

Most Online Today: 79.
Most Online Ever: 1,050 (Aug 30, 2015, 03:43 AM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us