VCAST EPISODE 51 IS HERE!!

Re: Introducing VC:SI !! Episode 2 is up!
« Reply #25 on: Nov 30, 2012, 07:10 PM »
Loved the cast ya'll. I was listening while cleaning my room, you give some great tips and ideas. You all sound sexy. ;P

Re: Introducing VC:SI !! Episode 2 is up!
« Reply #26 on: Dec 02, 2012, 08:57 PM »
Guess what nerds?

VC:SI Episode 3 is here

This week we got Otakutaylor returning, with two new guests, Kura and Charlie!
« Last Edit: Dec 02, 2012, 08:59 PM by CrackingSkulls »

Re: Introducing VC:SI !! Episode 3 is here!
« Reply #27 on: Dec 02, 2012, 10:55 PM »
PENIS

« Reply #28 on: Dec 02, 2012, 11:46 PM »
Charlie, not in public.

HEY EVERYONE, ever wanted to throw some questions and topic suggestions into VC:SI?

Well you totally can

Post some suggestions to talk about, or questions you'd like to ask any of the participants of the cast, We'll talk about/answer them in future episodes!

« Reply #29 on: Dec 03, 2012, 12:03 AM »
I think this was one of the better casts than the last two because it was short, offered crits on the battles of the week and I liked how you guys talked about the Manga STudio software.

I definitely wouldn't mind that sort of formula where you talk about the battles, talked about potential software plus something that can change in every podcase idk. I enjoyed listening to crits even if they weren't being applied to me and if future participants talked about other products that could help artists out.

The only thing that annoyed me was the background music, I personally would prefer it if you just talked.

« Reply #30 on: Dec 03, 2012, 01:08 AM »
Oh, Charlie. Your voice~ *swoons*

Also, you guys should totally get into the thought processes on how artists begin work on a comic. Your methods, other artist's methods, etc. Do you start with a script, or do you jump right in? Stuff like that, yo.

« Reply #31 on: Dec 03, 2012, 10:19 AM »
I thought the editing was wicked, mainly because it makes me seem like I am able to stay on topic more than I actually am able to haha. The intro + the very very end after the VOID song are good indicators at just how easy it is to get me going on something completely unrelated/inappropriate haha

ALSO. ~~~OH KINU YOU MAKE MY FACE RED WITH REDNESS~~

« Reply #32 on: Dec 03, 2012, 03:28 PM »
Thanks for the crits guys! My secret to not killing my hands is by wearing a wrist brace when I go to sleep. I would highly recommend anyone that uses their hands a lot do that.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #33 on: Dec 03, 2012, 04:37 PM »
Sleeping wrist brace is a must.

These are brilliant, I'm so glad you picked up the mantle and carried on with the Voidcast after all this time. It has such a way of lending a gravitas to the comics when you hear people discussing them as a shared community event when so few comments are posted. Everyone loves to be hawt gawsip fodder right? Charlie brah, thanks for punching things up and keeping it lively, technobeats help. Also Animeshen sounds adorbs.

I picked up Manga Studio myself and while I'm unfamiliar with digital processes I couldn't pass up the opportunity to learn but doing layers and such has been rather a pain. Should be more self explanitory.Critique should be constructive criticisms- we're all friends here. Just offer a challenge at the end as to what they can do to improve rather than simply being a naysayer. What succeeds and what needs improving. This is a longer conversation but one worth having.

I think a return to reviewing films and other comics books would be ideal just because influences are essential in getting to know the reviewers tastes as well as getting to know you as people and creators outside of your comics.
DOIN THE BULL DANCE, FEELIN THE FLOW, WORKIN IT

« Reply #34 on: Dec 04, 2012, 05:34 PM »
Finally got around to listening to episode 2. You guys made me blush. :)

« Reply #35 on: Dec 04, 2012, 10:12 PM »
Thanks for the crits guys! My secret to not killing my hands is by wearing a wrist brace when I go to sleep. I would highly recommend anyone that uses their hands a lot do that.

holy shit, i never thought of that, totally starting that tonight. i've already been feeling carpal tunnel-y lately, hopefully i'm not too late to save my hands.

« Reply #36 on: Dec 05, 2012, 07:27 AM »
I know I'm going to need that soon. I'm at the computer a lot as well doing design work, and the constant use of the mouse really wears the wrist down.
- I yearn for redemption, but I'll settle for a breakfast sandwich.

« Reply #37 on: Dec 06, 2012, 04:59 PM »
juust got caught up with this. I've really been trying to crit stuff, and usually my first draft is super harsh and then I ask around "hey does this sound mean" and it gets toned down, haha. like.. I really wish I had the stones to say "this is pretty bad" sometimes but alas! also, since I've started my recent critiquing I've gotten one person that was kinda pouty about it and also excuses. like, I dunno, don't try and explain it to me man. that's not gonna make it better, you know?

I was also one of the people that got the manga studio sale. I've only used it a handful of times so far, but it's not bad. the pen is great when you learn how to mess with it, because I did not like the way it tapered dramatically. the tones are pretty handy to use, and the bitmappy lines are great. I'm one of those people that uses photoshop for everything (can't use SAI) and honestly, I dunno if ms can tear me away completely. it's not hard to get a good line out of ps if you try! still a nice program, got a lot to learn on it. thankfully there's a ton of tutorials out there for it.

« Reply #38 on: Dec 09, 2012, 07:58 AM »
MOAR. I NEED MOAR. I want to put your sexy voices in my ears and let your sound waves reverberate down my auditory canal and bounce off the walls of my cochlea. I want to feel the electric impulses run up my vestibulocochlear nerve and make my brain tingle and shiver with joy.

« Reply #39 on: Dec 09, 2012, 03:43 PM »
TAKE COLD SHOWER NOW BOBO

;)

« Reply #40 on: Dec 09, 2012, 04:06 PM »
I guess Bobo wants....an... AUDIO  Erotica.

« Reply #41 on: Dec 09, 2012, 05:32 PM »
Downloading the episodes now to listen to while I work on comic pages. Great way to spend a Sunday :D

« Reply #42 on: Dec 09, 2012, 06:10 PM »
I just can't help myself. I lust for VOID Cast.

« Reply #43 on: Dec 09, 2012, 09:11 PM »
EPISODE 4 IS HERE

Pocky returns to the cast broadcasting from space, and Magi and Kinu joins in!

« Reply #44 on: Dec 09, 2012, 09:26 PM »
oh snap I haven't even gotten to 3, looks like I'm gonna have a marathon tomorrow while I animate

Re: Introducing VC:SI !! Episode 4 uploaded!
« Reply #45 on: Dec 09, 2012, 10:08 PM »
I JUST started episode 2 while I color @_@ So much to listen to.
Also, Animeshen your voice is so cute ad nerdy ahmahgawd

« Reply #46 on: Dec 09, 2012, 11:15 PM »
Thanks for reminding me, Taylor! There was a few things mentioned in this episode that I gotta link. In ORDER:

http://entervoid.com/index.php?topic=11021.0 Jho's thread from 09

http://jackieloart.com/blog/spoiler-my-work-progress/ Pocky's art process

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7hxotMfjF1qe3ksto1_500.gif motivation .gif kinu found

« Reply #47 on: Dec 09, 2012, 11:56 PM »
Oh god. Panel 2 was supposed to have a soundeffect and I totally forgot D: SORRY KINU

« Reply #48 on: Dec 10, 2012, 10:38 AM »
Yes! More sounds to draw to! :D

« Reply #49 on: Dec 10, 2012, 06:01 PM »
uahh, I'm all out of Voidcasts, how am I supposed to finish my homework now? =P another great one, fun to hear all the guest speakers! I wish I'd been in on this one- I actually have used mangastudio extensively before- pretty much all of my Candyland comic (when I still worked on that) was done in that program. I haven't opened this new version yet to see if theres any difference to the ones that I've used, except to make sure that in installed correctly, but later on I think I'll have to have a battle I do in mangastudio just to play with it some more.

Newest Comments -

Crocostyle icon

Intro Story
Ashlan

@ 3:28 PM Jul 18th

Golden icon

Crikey Dile vs. Terminal
@ 5:22 AM Jul 18th

Heathen icon

Harlow Ironlocke vs. Wictor
@ 10:49 PM Jul 17th

Newest Characters -

AshlanEgg DealerAstroleoAzu FloresSehemaThe ProfessorsTiffanyShmagicPudding WashingtonLumin KaiHarlow IronlockeSebastian

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

Challenges Thread 
Last updated: Heathen - Today at 06:40 PM
DIOV CITY Tournament 
Last updated: Majikura - Jul 17, 2018, 11:15 PM
Pinstripe Jam 
Last updated: Desichan - Jul 17, 2018, 09:17 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Jul 17, 2018, 08:06 AM
Mentor and Trainee Trials 
Last updated: yarnwitch - Jul 15, 2018, 04:53 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

71 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 86.
Most Online Ever: 1,050 (Aug 30, 2015, 03:43 AM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us