VOID

Community => spit spat, time to chat => Topic started by: Mister Kent on Jul 03, 2017, 07:55 PM

Title: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 03, 2017, 07:55 PM
(http://imgur.com/5mKAnNQ.png)
Out-of-character: I'll have OOC remarks, including action/combat stuff in BLUE.

Tonight is the night following completion of the heist, the retrieval of the False Chanterelle. You all arrive separately, as is protocol after these heists, each of you unreservedly trusting that your teammates will be there as well, and on-time. This is a safe space, after all--Aaron's home, the Voidheim Public Library, and it has often served as a safehouse for your cabal after such illegal activities. This is formerly the site of the monastic Cloister of St. Cyr, and previous to that the VoidMaxxx Coliseum, and prior to that the popular Chaos Theater, and well before that the mansion of House Shrike, a noble family long since disinherited, dispersed, and exiled from the city-state.

Lady Alexandria Reed, the Chief Librarian, greets each of you at the circulation desk. She is an aging yet youthful-looking spinster and former gladiator. She extends her arthritic hand, knuckles heavily scarred from battles several decades gone, and pulls close a stack of books as you near the desk. You pass her to access the secret door hidden within the shelves of legal texts.

From the law manual section of the library, you follow a narrow stair to a wooden ladder, and the wooden ladder up to a forgotten space, once the rafters of the Chaos Theater, now just a small attic with a small window. The window provides just enough light for tonight's ritual.

[OOC: When all are assembled, the painting will be hung in the moonlight and its portal activated.]

BENJAMIN (character's name in bold, can be like this or just the first time you use it in post)

After dodging a few White Jacquet patrols, Benjamin quickly gets inside and spends some time flirting with Lady Reed, recounting all the sordid rumors he's heard on the streets. Her interest wanes until he gives a play-by-play of the various notable bum fights he's witnessed in the past week. Suddenly, the old woman's long dormant bloodlust craves all the gory details!

It seems Old Davey Trenchfoot scrapped with Harvey Fishbone over squatter's rights to the abandoned Rainbowbread Academy, and Nine-Toes ousted Scabby Jill's wanton cadre from beneath Cull Bridge. The Voidheim Citywatch rounded up the itinerant Do-Nuthin' Gang on fifteen charges of loitering. The Do-Nuthin's wouldn't go without a bloody fight, and there were heavy casualties on both sides.

After a time Benjamin ascends to the rafter room, nervously anticipating the testing of the painting's supposed magic properties.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Q-Bit on Jul 03, 2017, 08:35 PM
Truman stands by the window, scanning the streets for activity. His posture is tense, but his face is calm and focused. Without looking back, he recognizes the heavy footsteps he has heard so many times before as Benjamin.

"Finally joining us, Braddock? About time."

He glances over his shoulder for a second, taking stock of the allies gathered together behind him, before dutifully turning his attention back to the streets.

"I don't like it. How do we know this place is still safe?"

His hand taps at the handle of his rapier for a moment. He takes a breath, and turns back toward the others.

"Grace could have spilled."

Truman breathes the name through grit teeth. He pauses for a moment, letting the words hang in the air.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Jul 03, 2017, 08:45 PM
Yoshiko held up the painting, looking at it from every angle, tilting its surface against the light, trying to see scratches or traces of old paintings or sketches underneath in an attempt to ascertain its true value.

After all, that painting looked horrible. Absolute crudeness. Portraying lewdness without any inkling of artistry. Like pornographic graffiti drawn by a hobo.

"So, Benjamin M'lad? Whass'th' snitch wit' tis? Ah' poach'd it no problem, s'like pickin' an apple off th'ground. S'really worth that much, love?"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: A Bad Idea on Jul 03, 2017, 09:05 PM
Lai Shan leaned over Yoshiko's shoulder to get a gander at the painting as well. No matter how she tilted or gleaned, the painting did not look any better.

"It's worth as much as its story, at least. There's always someone willing to pay as long as the rumors are still fresh. Best we cash it in while the rich folk are still amused by the fairy tale." she remarked. "Still, hard to believe such an ugly painting is supposed to open a gateway to some hidden labyrinth."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Dechado on Jul 03, 2017, 09:13 PM
Clouded by his thoughts, spacing out and unable to notice any sort of activity from the rest of the team.
Luis had been absent minded since the betrayal and death of Paladin Sir Grace.
His abilities as support in previous jobs were not affected by this, for he seemed to be only able to focus on times of peril.

Thanks to intel Benjamin was able to acquire, the now cleric became aware of how far his Paladin mentor's corruption went. Before his demise, he had been able to spread rumors about each and all of the members. Luis hadn't exactly noticed how much this had affected his teammates, or maybe he didn't care.
He knew, however, he couldn't return back to monastery he had been working at before he joined as the 10th member.
A scandal had rose back at the town, plaguing him as an enemy to all. This was the only reason Luis was still sticking around, otherwise he would have abandoned this Gang of Thieves...
He sighed.
Couldn't really complain that much, the group had welcomed him with "open arms".
While his relationship with them wasn't the best, at least Luis knew he could trust them, and so could they in him.

Even after death, Sir Grace seemed to hold everyone with his malevolent chains. Almost a shame he wasn't able to even see his plan bear any fruit.
His mind took him back to the event when Sovereign stabbed the traitor.
He had once made an oath to protect any and all from suffering, no matter who they were, or where did they come from.
Luis broke his promise that day. He was paralyzed by both anger and fear, and when he was able to react, it was too late. The soul had already left the body. He didn't know any spells that could bring the fallen one back to life. And even if he did, he was taught not to tamper with the dead.

Taking out his emblem, with the symbol of a Book, he stared at it silently.
"For a mightier purpose..." He whispered.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: GPS-Device on Jul 04, 2017, 12:00 PM
Sharis sits off to the side.

"You land walkers place too much value in things and stories. Though if this story turns out to be true, then perhaps we'll face challenges worthy of our ancestors."

He smiles saying it. A real challenge was something to look forward to. To conquer the maze, now that would be worth remembering for generations.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 04, 2017, 05:15 PM
(http://imgur.com/rPrx2Dc.png)

TRUMAN

"We don't know, exactly," Braddock solemnly agrees. "But I'd wager if that traitor 'Sir' Grace gave this place away it'd already be swarming with White Jacquets." He gives a hardened but optimistic smile. "The Queen's men are out in force, it's true, but they're nowhere near this place, count your blessings..."

YOSHIKO and LAI SHAN

"I had no worries the False Chanterelle would find its way into your capable paws, Yoshiko my dear."

Braddock crosses his arms. "Now, I reckon you're right, a story is worth its weight in gold. But I've seen men killed over art before, and far better made pieces than this. Surely, for something so utterly kitschy to be so in-demand by those-in-the-know, it has to have some magic to it, don't you think?"

LUIS and SHARIS

Braddock pauses. "Luis, Sharis!" He waves you over to assist with a sturdy wooden crate. "Help an old man with this box, eh? There's something I acquired that I was saving for a special night...the finest honeywine from far-off war-torn Arcadia! Anyone fancy a drink before the main event?"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Q-Bit on Jul 04, 2017, 10:15 PM
"Or! They could be lulling us into a false sense of security. Letting us go first so we take care of all the traps and puzzles for them."

Truman sighs, reaches into the backpack on the floor beside him, and pulls out a crowbar.

"Make this quick, I want everyone on top of their game once the job starts."

He places the crowbar on the wooden box and goes back to watching for patrols.

He mumbles to himself, "At least, I think it'll have traps and puzzles."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: A Bad Idea on Jul 04, 2017, 10:24 PM


YOSHIKO and LAI SHAN

"I had no worries the False Chanterelle would find its way into your capable paws, Yoshiko my dear."

Braddock crosses his arms. "Now, I reckon you're right, a story is worth its weight in gold. But I've seen men killed over art before, and far better made pieces than this. Surely, for something so utterly kitschy to be so in-demand by those-in-the-know, it has to have some magic to it, don't you think?"

LUIS and SHARIS

Braddock pauses. "Luis, Sharis!" He waves you over to assist with a sturdy wooden crate. "Help an old man with this box, eh? There's something I acquired that I was saving for a special night...the finest honeywine from far-off war-torn Arcadia! Anyone fancy a drink before the main event?"

"Drinking before the job, Braddock? You seem almost certain this is gonna pay off."

Lai Shan smirked, if only to show her slight concern. Those-in-the-know... if this painting was the real deal, then everyone who knows will definitely come after it. And that might mean a run-in with the Syndicate, a reunion that Lai Shan wasn't particularly looking forward to.

"All the more reason to get this over with, yeah? Clean out this 'maze', then sell off the painting to the highest bidder before anyone knows that anything even happened."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Jul 04, 2017, 10:44 PM
"S'better be'good a payout, love. Could'bmakin' big auctionin' tis scrap off now."

A magical painting to a maze huh. If that were true, has it been used before? And why a painting of this caliber and subject matter? Such things would affect how much benefit there is to selling it off sooner than later. Like that one time she was in possession of a rather suspicious sword.

Yoshiko placed the painting back down and lounged into a more comfortable position.

"Y'got some milk n'stead? Drinkin'snot f'before th'job."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Dechado on Jul 05, 2017, 12:49 AM
Took him half a second to notice someone was calling him. Luis only raised his brows before processing what they had just asked him. Didn't say anything while getting up, just approached Mr. Braddock.

Stopped on his track when he saw Sharis get nearby as well. "Are... You sure you want my help?" Luis remarked, while looking at the Triton. "Mr. Hit-every-enemy-in-the-face might be more than enough..."
Cleric didn't dislike Sharis, just wasn't fond of his way of resolving problems, even if it was for a good cause, such as honoring his Triton ancestors.
But... At least he was one of the few members who didn't need much aid from Luis or at all. Meaning he could play a better role at supporting the less durable members.
Speaking of strong party members, Luis knew he wouldn't be much help to Benjamin carrying the mentioned item.
Decided it would be best to stand there awkwardly while Sharis decided to take the initiative.

"Clerics don't drink- Er, Priests don't drink. Can't drink..." He looked away, trying to be deceptive. He wasn't even a priest in the first place....  The truth was, he was a lightweight when consuming alcohol, there had been enough embarassing moments in his life, and didn't want to add another to the list with a simple sip of Honeywine that was being offered. Time would tell if any of the other members had been able to detect his bluff. "Thanks though"

[GPS, I hope I am not OOCing Sharis much, I am basing his personality on the mentions he has received in the chat. Can still change my post, lemme know]
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: GPS-Device on Jul 05, 2017, 01:23 PM
Sharis laughs, grabbing the crowbar off the top of the crate.

"Ha! My enemies wish all I did was punch them!"

He spins the crowbar once in his hand, then jams it into the crate, ready to open it.

"You all need to loosen up! Drink and celebrate when you can, or you'll regret it when you can't. Besides, if the stories are true, we must wait for night fall anyway, so why not enjoy ourselves until then?"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: A Bad Idea on Jul 05, 2017, 07:30 PM
"Well I mean, we could do this the professional way... or we could do this the fun way."

Lai Shan took a glass from the shelves, took a seat and crossed her legs, awaiting the prized beverage.

"How about a toast? To hoaxes and lies and the bored statesmen who buy them!"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Jul 05, 2017, 08:46 PM
Yoshiko shrugged and took a glass too.

"Fineeeee~ But th'Honeywine better be sweet as th'name implies."

She stuck her tongue out and muttered something repulsive about a beverage called the Sunshine Cloud.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: fukur0 on Jul 06, 2017, 03:59 AM
There was an amused chuckle from the hooded man to the side. He had been minding his own business and not paying too much attention to his team members until a certain Tabaxi caught his attention with her talk of sweet alcoholic drinks. 

Seth rests his chin on his knuckles as he looks at Yoshiko with silent judgement.

"Aren't you a cute one?"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Jul 06, 2017, 04:28 AM
Yoshiko stuck her tongue out at the hooded man called Seth.

"M'tongue'snot takin well t'tastes not salty nor sweet, boy. Most booze taste like piss water."

She flicked her hair and placed a finger on her cheek, glancing back at Seth with a hint of venom.

"Sides, s'not like i'vta enforce masculine image like some chaps, eh prettyboy~?"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: fukur0 on Jul 06, 2017, 05:00 AM
Clearly amused by Yoshiko's jab, Seth gave out an even louder laugh. It was hard to tell whether it was forced or actually genuine.

"HA! You're just as fierce as you're cute."

Underneath his dark hood, he shoots a toothy grin and a wink towards Yoshiko, keeping up with his flirty charade.

"And I know I'm pretty. Nice to know you have taste!"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 06, 2017, 09:01 AM
Braddock cheers confidently at Lai Shan's toast, and sighs at the flirty interplay of Seth and Yoshiko.

"Aw'right lads and ladies," he announces as he lowers his cup. "The moon is nigh upon us! Has anyone seen Mr. Grok today?
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Q-Bit on Jul 06, 2017, 04:54 PM
Truman steps away from his post.

"I'll go find him. Seth, quit gawking and keep watch."

He thinks to himself as he descends the ladder: How do you even lose a bugbear?
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Dechado on Jul 06, 2017, 05:32 PM
Realizing this was the perfect excuse to avoid hanging out with the other members and the honeywine. Luis trotted, headed downstairs, and followed Truman silently.


The shifter was good friends with Aaron, something about fuzzy ceatures sticking together, the bugbear had once mentioned.
Knowing him, he's probably looking at the new upcoming tomes of literature.

Or at least that's what the Cleric hoped. Truman had mentioned already that the group could very well be monitored by their complainants.
This hunting was well deserved though, stealing was stealing after all. But no matter how much Luis had called them out on the crimes they were committing, part of the team, if not everyone, seemed used to his constant rambles, and knew it was best to ignore him. However, the result was always making Luis angrier, and angrier, turning the next outburst into an even louder and longer one. He clearly needed to manage his temper.
 
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: A Bad Idea on Jul 06, 2017, 10:23 PM
Yoshiko stuck her tongue out at the hooded man called Seth.

"M'tongue'snot takin well t'tastes not salty nor sweet, boy. Most booze taste like piss water."

She flicked her hair and placed a finger on her cheek, glancing back at Seth with a hint of venom.

"Sides, s'not like i'vta enforce masculine image like some chaps, eh prettyboy~?"

Lai Shan playfully wraps an arm around Yoshiko.

"Oh no, this isn't that cheap tavern slog. Imagine like... ripe berries and grapes with a dash of honey, and a pinch of mint I think?"

Slipping loose, she crouches down next to the crate, ready to grab a bottle.

"But if that's still not to your taste I could always bring you some milk and honey."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Jul 06, 2017, 10:37 PM
Yoshiko held her cup up.

"Eeeeeeeh ah'll take a whiff. If'tastes like piss', I'll take y'on th'offer~"

Yoshiko readied her glass for the wine as she observed the painting once more as light gleamed at an angle towards it.

It still looks crappy in a dim lighting.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Q-Bit on Jul 06, 2017, 10:47 PM
As Truman made his way into the recesses of the library, he noticed a set of nervous footsteps behind him. Again, without turning around, he addresses the figure behind him.

"Rios, look, this is your last chance to bail. If you seriously don't want to be a part of this, go. I'll think of something to tell the others."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: GPS-Device on Jul 06, 2017, 10:50 PM
Sharis rolls his shoulders, and grabs the crowbar firm. With a hard flex, he pulls back, cracking open the crate.

"Now that everyone is on the same page, let's enjoy ourselves with a proper drink to the job!"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Dechado on Jul 06, 2017, 11:31 PM
"Huh-What?" Too busy thinking about Aaron to understand right away. Luis loudly stomped his foot as he stopped. Glaring at Truman, even though he knew he wasn't looking back at him.
"And here I thought you lacked any sense of humor..." He let out a raspy sigh, hoping to call the other's attention.

Snarled, painting an angry face "Were you not the one complaining a while ago about our enemies being closer than we thought? Sensing this all was too good to be true?" He finally decided to walk next to his companion "Divide and Conquer, wasn't it?" His tone dropped at the end, almost sounding like a pitiful whine. Perhaps part of Sparkledog heritage. "Even if I wanted to run with my tail between the legs, it should be clear I can't. Noen of us quite know what that ass sniffer of a traitor spread before his passing..."

Probably best hurry finding the whereabouts of their bugbear ally.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Q-Bit on Jul 07, 2017, 12:05 AM
Truman glanced at the cleric, giving him an unimpressed expression.

"And here I was trying to do something nice. Remind me not to do you any favors."

He turned his attention forward again, and motioned toward the eastern side of the building.

"Go check the east wing."

Without waiting for a reply, Truman started on his way toward the west wing.





This kid is going to get someone killed. Truman thought to himself.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 07, 2017, 06:29 AM
Yoshiko readied her glass for the wine as she observed the painting once more as light gleamed at an angle towards it.

It still looks crappy in a dim lighting.

The painting's slapdash brushstrokes reveal no secrets, and no deeper truth. They simply form an impressionistic portrait of a woman cuffed to chains that dangle from the ceiling. An ominous black door looms in the background. It would all be almost erotic if it weren't so blah.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Dechado on Jul 07, 2017, 10:48 AM
Favor? Is this guy being serious? If anything, only I am allowed to say I've done a favor for them keeping them alive!

"So, what part of "Divide... And Conquer" didn't you get-Hey!" He barked, as Truman completely ignored him and went on his way "Alright fine, you... You..." Followed by a word in Sylvan "[Jerk]!"
Luis stormed off in the direction the other had instructed to search.

This guy is going to get himself killed.

...

Slowly coming to a stop, it didn't last long before his conscience, and perhaps Monomythica too, started attacking him.
Tried his best to shake the feeling of remorse. Obviously easy to say but hard to do, try as you might fighting the voice of a godess, and see how that works for one.
He groaned loudly, as he turned around. But Truman was out of sight...

Luis facepalmed, messing with his hair for a bit.

Bones with vermin... He cursed inside his mind.

The options were trying to find this jerk again, or continue the search for Aaron. He quickly processed that the other would be able to handle himself if anything were to happen to him. Bugbear fuzzy friend would be then.
Continued his way, mumbling as he repeated the words Truman had used on him. "[Favors my tail...]"

Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 07, 2017, 08:39 PM
In the Rafter Room:

There's a sudden dull click, and a wooden beam in the corner slides out of place, revealing a hidden crawlspace, giving way to darkness. Braddock, Seth, and Sharis are startled by the secret door opening in their presence, but Yoshiko and Lai Shan remain unfazed.

Braddock dribbles his honeywine. "What the-!! Aaron, is that you in there?" the old man calls out.

OOC
Aaron's stealth check vs all passive perceptions
@cuteapoot:  1d20+2  = (12)+2 = 14
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Bobo on Jul 07, 2017, 09:04 PM
Aaron coughs quietly. "Sorry guys, I uh... got distracted." He sheepishly holds up a book, The Exhaustive Abridged History of Voidheim's Subterranean Humanoid Cultures.

He looks around briefly before blurting, "Where are Bluis and the avoidant one?"

OOC: Aaron is horrible at names and tends to use personal descriptions instead. Luis only has a nickname because it was funny enough to stick and they've been acquainted for a while.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Jul 07, 2017, 09:39 PM
Yoshiko addressed the Bugbear in the room in a nonchalant fashion.

"Ohhey Aaron, dn't see y'there.Th'went off t'find you, actually."

She took a sip of Honeywine... and clutched her cheek with her free hand, her face curled up in an expression of pleasure. This wine would do very fine.
(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/332275546618593281/333100835250634762/yoshikoface.jpg)
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Bobo on Jul 07, 2017, 10:04 PM
"Well, that's simply foolish," replies Aaron nonchalantly, "I'm here now, ain't I?"

He slumps to the floor with a soft, fuzzy thud and buries his face in his book.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: fukur0 on Jul 08, 2017, 03:15 AM
Seth clicks his tongue in annoyance of the Bugbear making such an unexpected entrance in the room. Almost made him spill his honeywine.

"Yes but now we're missing two of our friends now, aren't we?"

He stands up from his seat and heads on over to the ladder.

"Someone should go fetch them. Don't have too much fun."

In other words, he certainly doesn't want to be in the same room when the others start getting drunk.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: GPS-Device on Jul 08, 2017, 10:05 AM
Sharis smacks the crate with a start, holding some of the drink in his other hand.

"Aaron! There you are! Come over here, join us! A touch of revelry before the job, to ease the nerves and raise the spirits!"

Sharis tosses back his own glass in a go, pulling it away with a satisfied look.

"And a wonderful pick from you, Braddock! I could go for something a bit stronger myself, but a fine taste none the less!"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Bobo on Jul 08, 2017, 10:22 AM
Without looking up from his book, Aaron absentmindedly reaches out and pours himself a glass, mumbling some sort of unintelligible thanks that may have been in response to Sharis or may have just been a burp. He takes a sip, his face brightening as the flavor hits his taste buds. He downs the rest of the glass in one go, holding the drink in his mouth and letting the alcohol burn and the sweetness sink into his tongue before swallowing the drink with a satisfied gulp.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 08, 2017, 01:08 PM
Luis - East Wing
In the search for Aaron, you turn a corner and come face-to-face with a pretty older half-elf woman--Lady Alexandria Reed, Chief Librarian, pushing a squeaky cart with a pile of books taller than you.
(http://imgur.com/7gT4lwf.jpg)
She raises a finger to her lips. "I heard you and your friend arguing, dear," she says in her usual hushed tone. "Heard it all the way from my desk. Besides needing to be much more quiet, you really ought to find a way to get along." She digs through her cart and presents a thin book, entitled The Fine Art of Friendship.

"Voidheim is a harsh, unforgiving place, and it would be wise to find allies where you can. Who knows? That man may save your life, one day." She smiles and begins to put her books on a shelf. "If you're looking for Aaron, I sent him upstairs some time ago, you may have just missed him. You should round up Mr. Truman and head back up..."

Truman - West Wing
As you search the west wing, you can hear Lady Reed's rickety book cart far behind you in the other wing. You find a small table amidst the stacks, where it looks like someone left a small stack of books out. One left open is written in some language you don't understand.

You observe three men weaving between rows, plain men in casual dress.

But you recognize these men, not personally but in the way they move. Less like looking for a good book to curl up with and more like clearing a warzone. They are obviously on the hunt. You know these to be the Queen's men...

Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Dechado on Jul 08, 2017, 02:59 PM
Still angry at the recent event with Truman, Luis made eye contact with the woman who had been so kind to welcome them to her library. Irked, he wanted so badly to tell the lady to Mind her own business, after she started speaking and attacking and nagging...
But he knew better. He couldn't just flip off the Chief Librarian, much less in Aaron's home.

Inhaled deeply, struggling to calm himself down.

Exhaled.

"Apologies, Lady Alexandria..." He stopped making eye contact, turning his face to the side, and crossing his arms. Still frowning. You could still hear him breathing funnily.
She caught his attention again when a book was put in front of him, put of instinct, he took the book and looked at the title. "The Fine art of-..." Luis stopped himself at the last word, sighing with disgust.

He continued listening to the Chief Librarian, paying half attention, as the feeling of being lectured was overwhelming him, not to mention he was also thinking about what to even make out of the tome he was just handed.
She eventually mentioned Truman, and how they two should make up and keep the peace between them. His loud breathing returned, shivering a bit too. Why did HE have to make amends with that... That [tonto]*! The mere thought of doing so boiled his blood.

But he knew Lady Alexandria was right. He ruffled his hair, gnashing his teeth, before answering "I'll do as you say... Thank you..." Turned around, as he felt rage growing inside of him again.


Well. At least now they knew where Aaron was. Luis felt embarrased that he didn't detect his friend as he went to the meeting room. Wanted to blame his outburst who had nulled his other senses.


*Fool

Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: A Bad Idea on Jul 08, 2017, 03:14 PM
Lai Shan sipped the last of her second glass of honeywine, the familiar fizzy buzz gracefully giving way to a fruity, sweet aftertaste.

"I suppose I'll check on our 'search party'. I'll have those two slackards to blame if this bottle is empty by the time I return."

She set down her glass down next to Yoshiko and rose from her seat. "Save me a glass, would you sweetie?"

With a parting wink from over her shoulder, she crossed the room and descended down the stairs to the library. Remaining at the base of the stairs, she glanced around and kept her ears open for any sign of the two.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Q-Bit on Jul 08, 2017, 04:41 PM
Adrenaline begins to flow as Truman recognizes the Queensmen in front of him. He quickly darts behind a bookshelf, playing out every possible scenario in his head. After some calculation, he decides to approach. Most of Truman's gear was in a bag up in the hideaway, but he always kept his trusty disguise kit nearby, for occasions like these. After quietly taking off and reversing his jacket, he threw on a wig from the kit. He knew not to go overboard with disguises like this, careful not to draw too much attention to himself.

OOC: Truman's disguise check (deception)
1d20+7 = (18+7) = 25

After giving himself a quick once over, Truman confidently strides toward the Queensman he assumed to be the leader of the bunch.

With a friendly wave, he asked, "G'devenin', guv! Need 'elp finding somefing?"

He spoke in an accent he had heard once before, while people watching. Anyone who had worked with him prior would know that his ability to mimic voices was second to none.

His next move, however, would depend on the Queensman's reply.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: GPS-Device on Jul 08, 2017, 04:51 PM
Sharis leans against the crate, having at this point replaced his glass with a bottle. He waves it around with a laugh.

"There ya go now Aaron! Not everything in life can be told to ya by books! Some things, you have to enjoy for yourself."

Sharis throws his head back, taking a deep drink straight from the bottle. He waves it again towards Lai Shan as she leaves the room.

"Don't move to quick now! I don't get to enjoy a taste like this every day!" Sharis laughs again, taking another drink.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 08, 2017, 06:51 PM
The West Wing - Truman

After giving himself a quick once over, Truman confidently strides toward the Queensman he assumed to be the leader of the bunch.

With a friendly wave, he asked, "G'devenin', guv! Need 'elp finding somefing?"

He spoke in an accent he had heard once before, while people watching. Anyone who had worked with him prior would know that his ability to mimic voices was second to none.

His next move, however, would depend on the Queensman's reply.

The tallest of the men, a bold high elf with a "mean schoolgirl" smirk, approaches without hesitation. "Hm? Yes~my companions and I seek some, rare volumes...tell me, could you direct me to the books on Art? Paintings especially..."

(http://imgur.com/OFTvX64.png)

The weary tiefling in a monk's robe grumbles at his cohort, while the imposing man with the eyepatch remains silent. The high elf continues: "I have a running bet with my friends, see, and it involves this old work of art. My monk friend claims it was painted by Cassilo of St. Nguyen, but I just know it's one of Princess Therofera's early pieces...Care to help settle a bet?"

[OOC:Truman knows the Art section is the West Wing, where Luis is currently]
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Jul 08, 2017, 07:27 PM
Yoshiko raised an OK sign at Lai Shan before she left as she continued savoring her glass of wine. She filled the other glass with a refill, prepping it for Lai Shan lest Sharis down the entire cache before she could return.

"By th'way, y'all seen'th edgy warlock'round? "
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 08, 2017, 07:34 PM
Yoshiko:
"By th'way, y'all seen'th edgy warlock'round? "
Braddock shakes his head and takes another drink. "Not as such, no. But, I hope he gets here quickly. When the moon's in position, and provided this thing actually works, it's show time..."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: A Bad Idea on Jul 08, 2017, 07:36 PM
Leaning against the railing of the stairs, Lai Shan could hear voices coming from the west wing. Curiously, she makes her way slowly through the halls, keeping close to the walls and shadows to see if she can get close enough to hear...

OOC: Lai Shan's Stealth Roll
1d20+6 = (6)+6 = 12
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 08, 2017, 08:23 PM
Lai Shan:
You creep ever closer, enough to hear a strange, unfamiliar voice conversing with a man about art.

Truman-in-disguise:
As you stand with the trio, the high elf's eyes dart towards a distant aisle, as if he's heard something else nearby. He turns back to you almost immediately, awaiting assistance.
(http://imgur.com/V9J8Jry.jpg)
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Q-Bit on Jul 08, 2017, 09:52 PM
"Art section would be, dissaway, I b'lieve."

Truman begins his stroll toward the front of the building, with the trio in tow, around the poetry section making up the bulk of the building's center.

(http://i.imgur.com/t3WQzA8.png)

As they stroll, Truman points out various sections, stalling as much as he can afford to without raising suspision.

"Okay, so, from 'ere, Architecture is left and Art is forward. Or do I 'ave that twisted? One second."

Truman uses this moment to look down the aisle to see if Luis is clear from view yet.

"Say, I ain't much of a patron of t' arts, but I'm curious, what's t' name of t' paintin' you're lookin' for? Maybe I've read 'bout it?"

OOC: Pay no mind to the inconsistent accent, I was going for Cockney but I missed the mark.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Dechado on Jul 09, 2017, 12:48 AM
Don't be afraid to be nice. Be yourself.


"Wait, which one? Can't do both" Luis thought, as he stopped to examine the sentence, bringing the book closer to his eyes, as if that would help him to understand it better.
He let out another one of his infamous groans, a subtle one too, as he knew   Lady Alexandria wouldn't enjoy him being loud again. And Luis, just thinking about getting lectured, was already feeling dreadful. It was obvious he regretted borrowing the book.

He continued walking as he scanned the pages, he'd need to be sitting down to actually care to read it properly. Took his eyes off of it for a moment, would probably end up crashing with someone or something if he walked mindlessly.

(http://68.media.tumblr.com/17c5db2cca87d3d48854123e1cfe487d/tumblr_ost7wfsfTw1qibw26o1_500.jpg)

Luis soon noticed he was at the other side of the wing. Where Truman was supposed to be at... "...Where's that [pendejo]*?"

His nose detected several scents that stood out from books and dust. Could be Truman, or someone else. Maybe even Aaron, who came back looking for them.

Luis' Perception roll to acknowledge Lai Shan, Truman, and/or The Unknown Trio are nearby
1d20+2 = (11)+2 = 13


 
*Incredibly stupid; very offensive way to call someone a dumbass
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Ten Dead Kings on Jul 09, 2017, 02:13 AM
SOVEREIGN was running late, but eventually she arrives at the library.

(http://i.imgur.com/UFtEl80.jpg)

Pushing open the door, she passes by the empty front desk and makes her way to the secret attic room, where the painting should be.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: fukur0 on Jul 09, 2017, 03:55 AM
Upon reaching the lower floor, Seth wandered through the shelves of the West Hall, keeping an eye out for either Truman or Luis. Whoever came first.

Just moments after passing by the 6th row of shelves, a group of men caught his eye - one of which happened to sound an awful like Truman. What is he up to now? he thought to himself as he narrowed his eyes at the group. Rather than confront the men and possibly set some chain response off, he'd rather go around and stick to the bookshelves as he passes through the Explorer logs, trying to watch in secret.

OOC: Seth's Stealth Check
1d20+5= (4)+5 =9
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 09, 2017, 07:05 PM
(http://imgur.com/XaBa0ow.jpg)
Sovereign:
As you bound into the front reception area, you see three men following another man off to the right, where art references abound. The three men slow in their tracks, and the tall elf looks you over with great interest.

Truman:
The tiefling monk responds to you. "I doubt you've heard of the painting--False Chanterelle? Its artist remains unknown, and I remain unconvinced of its origin..."

As you lead the three queensmen towards the art section, you sense their pause behind you. And there stand Sovereign about to head up to the meeting.

The high elf clears his throat and addresses his cohorts. "You know, gents, our bet can wait for another evening. The hour grows late, and surely the Great Library will be closing its doors soon. Let us retire to the pub next door." With that, the three gather up to move to the exit.

The Rafter Room:
As the moon begins to rise in the night sky, anyone observing the painting can see a pale aura emanating from the brushstrokes.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: A Bad Idea on Jul 09, 2017, 08:06 PM
With the three strangers gone, Lai Shan stepped out of the shadows and approached Truman.

"If you're done making new friends, I suggest maybe we reconvene for the main event?" she remarked coyly.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 09, 2017, 08:10 PM
Truman:
The trio of queensmen exit the reception area and leave through the front door. Following them with your eyes, you see them turn left and directly into the next-door pub.

OOC: Truman's observation check
@Q-Bit:  1d20+6  = (13)+6 = 19

The Rafter Room - Yoshiko, Aaron, Sharis
The brushstrokes on the painting seem to vibrate with unnatural life.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Jul 09, 2017, 08:23 PM
Yoshiko stared at the painting and downed her glass of wine in a full gulp.

"M'gods, tis' vibratin. 'Seither th'real deal or some artist's git' an 'eird fetish."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Q-Bit on Jul 09, 2017, 08:32 PM
As soon as he was sure it was safe, Truman turned to Lai Shan, yanking the wig from his head and stashing it in his disguise kit.

"Gather Rios and whoever else might be down here, tell them to meet upstairs, and that our cover is blown. I need to talk to Braddock."

He turned and bolted toward the secret room. As soon as he made it up the ladder, he started his report.

"Braddock. Trouble. Queensmen. Three of them. Recognized Sovereign."

He took a second to breathe.

"They're here for the False Chanterelle. They're next door now, at the pub. It's only a matter of time until they find this room."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: A Bad Idea on Jul 09, 2017, 08:46 PM
Lai Shan gave Truman a faux salute as he passed.

"Roger that, Chief."

She turned and walked, and shortly after found Luis peering from behind the bookshelves she was using for cover not long ago.

"You heard'm, Twinkles. Looks like we'll be putting on a show whether or not the painting actually works. Don't be late!"

Lai Shan winked as she doubled back and trotted hastily up the stairs, returning to the rafter room.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Ten Dead Kings on Jul 09, 2017, 09:19 PM
(https://i.imgur.com/V6zMuGU.jpg)

Sovereign stared at the trio as they passed by her, then continued on to the rafter room. Upon seeing the people gathered there, she asks "How much longer before it starts?"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Bobo on Jul 09, 2017, 09:55 PM
Aaron looks up upon hearing Yoshiko's exclamation. He stands up, stashing his book and stepping forward to better observe the phenomenon of the painting.

As Truman bursts in, Aaron draws out his maul, the magic crystal lashed to it brightening as the wizard prepares himself for whatever magic he may need to call forth.

"I-I can't allow them to harm the Library!" he blurts out, panicking at the thought. "What happens if they find this room?" He pauses a breath. "What happens if they do not?"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Jul 09, 2017, 10:21 PM
Yoshiko saw Lai Shan arrive and handed her the glass of wine she was saving.

"Pipe down y'all. Whassat Truman? Th'recognised Sovereign thu 'th front door? S'only means th'seen one of us enter a library. All w'gotta do's 'ide all evidence and disappear b'fore showin' em th'room!"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Dechado on Jul 09, 2017, 10:30 PM
As soon as he saw Lai Shan, he hid the book behind. Luis didn't want anyone to know what kind of books he was getting into. It had been hard enough to prove himself as an actual tough guy, showing the Fine Art of Friendship would just result in laughs aimed at him, at best.

"Wait, we can't just charge into the p- Hold on, what the heck did you just call me!?" He started shouting again, his anger starting making him shift slowly "That sparkledog joke has been going on for far too long and-!"
Immediatly stopped himself talking, negating his ongoing transformation and noticing how loud his voice was spreading through the place, by putting hands on his mouth. He hit himself with the tome with the sudden move, forgetting that one of his hand was holding it. He let out a small yelp, rubbing his nose, and carefully looking behind to see if Lady Reed wasn't behind him, charging to shut him up again.

Cost clear. Or at least it seemed to be.

Mumbling about being stupid enough to hit himself, trotting behind the Wood Elf.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 09, 2017, 10:52 PM
Truman:
"They're here for the False Chanterelle. They're next door now, at the pub. It's only a matter of time until they find this room."
(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/329394474780327947/330270321246470145/Informant.png)

Braddock sighs and does his best to usher everyone into the room. "All right then--no time to dawdle!" He gives you a look, like you've both been through this scores of times before, and it's always come out all right, hasn't it?

"You need to focus now, son. Focus on what's at stake here, and--" He pats Truman's arm and says no more.

Sovereign:
Sovereign stared at the trio as they passed by her, then continued on to the rafter room. Upon seeing the people gathered there, she asks "How much longer before it starts?"
Braddock shakes his head, and gestures to the already glowing painting upon the wall. "Not long now. How's that for inopportune timing?" He seems surprised at the magic of it. "I always wondered about it, if it was that they all said it was. And now you'll know first-hand."

Aaron:
"I-I can't allow them to harm the Library!" he blurts out, panicking at the thought. "What happens if they find this room?" He pauses a breath. "What happens if they do not?"
Braddock positions himself between the door and Aaron. "No, son, you can't go out there now! If no one's caught on to your presence here before, I'm sure they'll spot you now if they come back."

He pauses, showing a rare nervous twinge. "They...they won't find this room. Lady Reed and I will see to that. And if they do? I'm going to secure the painting in your secret tunnel." He tries to act reassuring. "Secret-upon-secret! They won't even think of that, will they?" He pats your fuzzy cheek.

Yoshiko:
"Pipe down y'all. Whassat Truman? Th'recognised Sovereign thu 'th front door? S'only means th'seen one of us enter a library. All w'gotta do's 'ide all evidence and disappear b'fore showin' em th'room!"
Braddock nods. "Yes--don't worry Miss Yoshiko. I'll make sure once you disappear, there's not a trace to be found," he notes, and goes over to reopen Aaron's secret tunnel.

Luis:
You see Lady Reed in the distance, walking with purpose, having left her pushcart behind, heading to the reception area. She glances over towards you as she walks, but seems too busy to come over for another lecture.

Seth:
Lady Reed appears at her desk, rummaging for her keys, and spots you over in the Explorers Log section. "I'm closing up shortly," she calls out. "If you see something you like, take it with you. We'll settle up later..."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: A Bad Idea on Jul 09, 2017, 11:05 PM
He pauses, showing a rare nervous twinge. "They...they won't find this room. Lady Reed and I will see to that. And if they do? I'm going to secure the painting in your secret tunnel." He tries to act reassuring. "Secret-upon-secret! They won't even think of that, will they?" He pats your fuzzy cheek.

"Hold that thought, Ben."

Lai Shan raised a finger in objection while using her other hand to quickly drink down her wine.

"Once everyone gets here, you all go ahead of me. I'll stay behind and conceal this room for as long as I can before I have to leave. In the time that I'll be standing by, those Queensmen will not even know there is a room here."

[OOC: Lai Shan has Minor Illusion as a Cantrip. I can conceal the door to this room by instead making it seem like there's a blank wall there instead.]
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: fukur0 on Jul 09, 2017, 11:20 PM
That certainly ended well, Seth thought to himself, dissatisfied with Sovereign's sudden arrival ruining whatever was going on in that small meeting. Then again, there really wasn't nothing he could've done in the end, right?

While you were distracted by what just happened, that old librarian was shouting over to you, saying something about closing up.

He had no comment to remark back at Lady Reed. No, that would be just a waste of time. He made his way back where he came from and went up the ladder.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: GPS-Device on Jul 10, 2017, 04:30 AM
Sharis loosely grips the handle of one of his axes, smiling.

"Wanting to defend your homestead is an admirable quality Aaron my boy, but it comes in equal measure with trusting those you share it with. And the good Lady downstairs seems like one who can take care of themself."

Sharis puts a hand on the bug bear,
"Besides, you go out there and start swinging that hammer or shooting off spells, your just as likely to thrash the books as you would a Queensmen."

Sharis looks around for a moment with a questioning look.

"Now, where are our final friends at? The party is about to start, and we don't even have everyone in attendance."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Jul 10, 2017, 04:32 AM
"Once everyone gets here, you all go ahead of me. I'll stay behind and conceal this room for as long as I can before I have to leave. In the time that I'll be standing by, those Queensmen will not even know there is a room here."

"Y'might wanna check'th ladder's put away too. Wouldn't want t'invite more s'spicion. W'recommen' we still stash th'painting 'fter w'disappear too, f'safety's sake."

She counted the people as they arrived.

"Edge elf... Twinklemutt... Hoods... where's th' grumplizard?"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Ten Dead Kings on Jul 10, 2017, 09:37 AM
"I am NOT an edge elf!" Sovereign protested loudly.

"I am only half-elf, remember that!" she continued, with a finger raised.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Bobo on Jul 10, 2017, 09:57 AM
Aaron clenched his teeth, letting out a rough sigh as he listened to his companions' reassurance and cleared his head. They were right, of course; he could only cause more trouble at this point.

"I sure hope the little wiggly one shows up soon so we can get this over with and the painting sequestered as inconspicuously as possible," he growled.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Dechado on Jul 10, 2017, 11:34 AM
First thing to do, was hide that book Lady Alexandria gave to him a bit earlier, into his bag. Joining then the party, and the discussion that was happening.
Growling very loud, showing his huge discomfort when he heard Yoshiko call him by his loathed nickname.

"[Dumb... Cat-thing]" Luis mutters.

At least he wasn't the only one who the Tabaxi had targeted, Sovereign, Seth, and Chorden-Wait a minute, where was their Kobold teammate?

Can't focus on that at the moment. Luis continued paying attention, and listen to the ongoing conversation.
Stress got to him, as the fear of abandoning Benjamin and Lady Reed to their fate, didn't appeal to him at all. He stick his tongue out, about to start panting.

He was about to agree with Aaron on going out and fight the Queensmen away. But calmed down drastically when acknowledging Lai Shan's plan. Letting out an audible exhale, and a long "Hrmn".
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: fukur0 on Jul 10, 2017, 07:10 PM
Arriving on the meeting floor and upon hearing the Tabaxi suggesting to bring the ladder up, he did so. Upon hearing that the Kobold still hasn't shown up yet, his annoyance grew.

"If that lizard doesn't show up soon enough, shouldn't we go on without him?"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: ZigZagaroo on Jul 10, 2017, 11:17 PM
Chorden knew, with full confidence, that he could walk the Catacombs of Void blindfolded. Mapping every single inch of this underground labyrinth has helped him memorize every path, corner, crack and crevasse that entailed these tunnels, even without the use of his own laid out map (though it never hurts to hold onto it). After all, these catacombs served well to cover the movements of his associates across the city. However as vast as these tunnels are they still don't cover the entirety of the city's underground. Sometimes a mission will call for a long walk and a shrouded cloak to get the job done.
 
However tonight was different. With the successful capture of the False Chanterelle the Queensmen would most surely be in an uproar. Under the threat of discovery, Chorden had been tasked to wander around the city through the catacombs to scout out the Queensmen. If their behavior had become too sporadic or had their patrols caught wind of the hidden room within the library, an evacuation would surely take precedence. Of course such a job was perfect to someone of Chorden's small stature, enough so as to go unspotted from even the most keen eye (not that he was particularly proud of his size). Of course a feasting on a few wandering rats would certainly not obstruct this task of his.

OOC: Chorden's investigation check
1d20+1=(17+1)=18

Yet as he set off for his return uncertainty began to dwell upon Chorden's mind. If the rumors were indeed true, that the accursed painting was indeed a gateway to the dreaded maze, then would be no telling to what horrors awaited him and his team on the other side. For Chorden imagined what horrendous monsters they'd encounter, to what deaths or tortures they had in mind. He contemplated simply turning around and walking away, never to return to meet such a fate. Besides, what did the others care for the life of a measly Kobold? What did he care for a group of aberrants such as them?...Then again, why should the fear of the unknown drive him away now? When has a situation occurred that didn't force him to face the unknown? Why should he let these creatures deter him when many beasts before them attempted to do the same?

When the time comes to enter the maze he'll be ready. Not a single nook or cranny will go without being marked. Any gold, gems, or diamonds would be pillaged under his grasp. Perhaps even as far to seek audience with one of "them"... But such thoughts were meant for later. Once he returned to the library, with the information given, parchment laid out, and supplies gathered, the expedition into the unknown would give way soon enough.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Dechado on Jul 11, 2017, 04:05 AM
Luis didn't even bother being subtle about this one. Since he started walking, he held a long snarl, only stopping after meeting Seth face to face.

"No one-" He showed his teeth menacingly "-gets left behind..." His eyes piercing Seth's.

After he thought his point had come across, he moved his sight towards Benjamin. The angry face gradually turned into a concerned one.

It's alright Sparkly, add more tension to the situation, why don't you.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 11, 2017, 06:34 AM
Chorden:
From your street level (and below) investigation:

- From the orphan gangs of Hell Hill: A local lord and noted art collector was found flayed in his bedroom. The Queen's Coroner has officially ruled it a suicide.

- From overheard grumblings at The Shaky Shank pub: The Queensmen are in hotwater for botching a job. They were meant to confiscate property from a local lord, but someone stole it first. (Obviously this was you guys

- From Miss Edna Cleareyes, trusted weasel: This halfling says her lizardman boyfriend and all his lizardman pals were rounded up for questioning. That was one week ago. No one's heard from any of them since. She thinks it was because of some shady art dealings her boyfriend made...
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: A Bad Idea on Jul 11, 2017, 05:29 PM
"No one-" He showed his teeth menacingly "-gets left behind..." His eyes piercing Seth's.

Lai Shan sighed and frowned.

"Look Glitters, no one's gonna get left behind, but there's no need to make a fuss of it. If the Queensmen are coming back with a whole squad of watchmen, we're sure to hear it coming. In the meantime, I suggest we clean up after ourselves and remove any trace that we were ever in this room. Once we enter the portal, Old Ben will take the painting and hide in the crawlspace, so even if the Queensmen find this room, they'll have no reason to suspect that anything even happened in here."

Lai Shan paced around the room, gathering empty wine glasses and stacking them neatly inside the crate next to the unopened bottles of honeywine.

"Now who would like to be a gentleman and carry these inside the portal?"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: ZigZagaroo on Jul 11, 2017, 10:02 PM
The history section had remained empty for the time being, what with the events that were about to transpire among these grounds. However before the silence could truly settle in an apparent creature under the rugs had begun to ruffle it's way out through them. With enough effort Chorden had reared his ugly head out from under the rugs, coming out from the secret hidden underneath. Without a single soul in sight and with information to be delievered, he made his way over to the rafter room.

Standing in front of the bookshelf that hid away the rafter room doorway Chorden had wasted no time pushing away the shelf to ent... pushing away the... PUSHING AWAY!!!... It was at this moment that Chorden was reminded of the lack of strength he possessed to perform such a feat. Out of a fit of frustration the Kobold began to repeatedly bang on the walls in a desperate attempt to gain his team's attention, oblivious to the standards a library so dearly holds.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Ten Dead Kings on Jul 11, 2017, 10:17 PM
Out of a fit of frustration the Kobold began to repeatedly bang on the walls in a desperate attempt to gain his team's attention, oblivious to the standards a library so dearly holds.

Hearing the sudden noise, Sovereign places a hand on her sword. "Have we been discovered?" she hisses.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 11, 2017, 10:20 PM
Standing in front of the bookshelf that hid away the rafter room doorway Chorten had wasted no time pushing away the shelf to ent... pushing away the... PUSHING AWAY!!!... It was at this moment that Chorten was reminded of the lack of strength he possessed to perform such a feat. Out of a fit of frustration the Kobold began to repeatedly bang on the walls in a desperate attempt to gain his team's attention, oblivious to the standards a library so dearly holds.

The shelf slides away, and the familiar face of Lady Reed appears standing next to you, towering over you, having opened the secret door for you. She carries a dagger in one hand and has several spell scrolls tucked under her arm. "You're tardy, Mr. Chorden," she says in a stern but calm motherly voice. "Your friends are awaiting you upstairs, you'd better hurry. I've got preparations to make down here...Closing up shop..."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Jul 11, 2017, 10:28 PM

Hearing the sudden noise, Sovereign places a hand on her sword. "Have we been discovered?" she hisses.

Yoshiko held up her half-gloved paw.

"Not yet, s'only seen'yenter s'all. If w'disappear, s'no reason f'them t'sspect anything! Just'sgotta wait f'..."

Her ears twitched, picking up the sound of small footsteps.

"Th' Lizard's ere!!!"

OOC: Yoshiko is also going to look around the room for stuff to grab with her nimble paws on the way out if we're leaving.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: ZigZagaroo on Jul 11, 2017, 10:47 PM
"hmmph... You try salvaging your time while running around this mad driven city... Too much noise to bear I tell you..." He exclaimed as he made his way through the open doorway, breaking away from the Elf woman's gaze.

Chorden wasn't any more fonder towards the Elf women then to his other associates yet with her calm composure and slight hint of kindness he certainly tolerated her more than the others, dare he even say respected her to an extent. Surely some respect was owed to her, especially how she lets a measly creature like himself wander around in her domain.

Before be began his climb up the latter Chorden turned back to meet eyes with the Elf woman.

"..But Tha..Thank you regardless." He said as he gave a small bow before climbing his way up towards the rafter room.

Finding his way he comes to face with his associates as they prepare for journey at hand....




Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Ten Dead Kings on Jul 11, 2017, 11:06 PM

Yoshiko held up her half-gloved paw.

"Not yet, s'only seen'yenter s'all. If w'disappear, s'no reason f'them t'sspect anything! Just'sgotta wait f'..."

Her ears twitched, picking up the sound of small footsteps.

"Th' Lizard's ere!!!"

OOC: Yoshiko is also going to look around the room for stuff to grab with her nimble paws on the way out if we're leaving.

"Oh, it's just the lizard," Sovereign relaxes her grip. "Wait, what do you mean they saw me enter? I wasn't followed when I came in here."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 11, 2017, 11:22 PM
The False Chanterelle activates
(http://imgur.com/wGh8Ecg.jpg)
The painting depicts a decently sized room, mostly empty save for a straw mat near the chained woman, a trio of barrels in the far left corner, and a large black decorated door in the far right corner.

The rough stringy brushstrokes that make up the painting's surface quiver and shift, as if the long-dried paint is suddenly wet and malleable. The colors rearrange from a basic impressionistic 2-D image of a chained woman to a more realistic picture--so realistic, it's exactly like looking through a window, with a pane of what seems like glass separating yourselves from the prisoner. This glass-like surface has a smudgy humanoid handprint in the lower right corner. The handprint pulses red light, the key to the portal's magic.

The imprisoned figure through the window animates, turning to face you. Her dirty black hair falls over her bare shoulders and cascades across her face. Through the covering strands, beautiful crystal blue eyes plead for aid. "Please...help me..." she gasps with some difficulty, her voice strained and dry.

Yoshiko:
There is a 5'x5' linen dropcloth in the corner, a half-empty bottle with unknown potion, and a deck of some cards in a small case (upon further inspection, you find they're tarot cards).

(http://imgur.com/Xu8RP66.jpg)
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Q-Bit on Jul 11, 2017, 11:32 PM
Truman shoots a glare at Sovereign.

"The elf with the ponytail, the human with the eyepatch, and the tiefling with the holy symbol. Tell me you can actually recognize Queensmen when you see them."

As the painting swirls to life, he turns to Braddock.

"Looks like our time here is up. Braddock, look, don't go dying on me. I've got enough on my conscience already."

Truman pipes up one last time, now to the group as a whole.

"Everyone, while we're in there, I want us asking questions first and shooting as a last resort. I don't want a repeat of the Offspring incident, is that clear?"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Ten Dead Kings on Jul 11, 2017, 11:48 PM
Truman shoots a glare at Sovereign.

"The elf with the ponytail, the human with the eyepatch, and the tiefling with the holy symbol. Tell me you can actually recognize Queensmen when you see them."

"I don't walk with Queensmen. Not enough to know them by sight, like you seem to do," Sovereign shoots back a glare of her own at Truman while folding her arms together.

"Everyone, while we're in there, I want us asking questions first and shooting as a last resort. I don't want a repeat of the Offspring incident, is that clear?"

Quote from: Q-Bit

"Not if whatever's in there attacks us first!"

Why did it have to be snakes?
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: GPS-Device on Jul 12, 2017, 01:26 AM
Sharis laughs at the bickering of his associates.

"Well at least there's no doubt you are all who you say you are!"

He approaches the painting, and reaches out to place his hand where the paintings own handprint is.

"Now, lets say we get started!"

These kinds of things always had some kind of trick to open, so lets see if this works
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 12, 2017, 04:38 AM
Everyone other than Sharis:
Your triton ally disappears in a blink.

Sharis:
The handprint, when touched, shudders and twists its fingers into a grasping fist.

When next Sharis looks up, he's in a large room, the same chamber depicted in the painting, standing just five feet from the prisoner. She looks relieved, her eyes encouraging him to approach.

"Ok...finally," she sighs. Her shoulder relax, only slightly.

Looking out at your companions, the world seems dull colored and washed out. The handprint still glows on your side of the frame.

"E'excuse me, sir," the prisoner starts. "Can you or your friends get these for me?" She rattled her chains, the clink-clink echoes in the wide stone room.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Jul 12, 2017, 05:12 AM
Yoshiko paused for a bit as she heard the cry for help. She deliberated jumping right in until Sharis went and touched the handprint, disappearing in the blink of an eye.

She shrugged and looked around, snatching up the cloth, a bottle of an unknown substance and a deck of tarot cards before slapping her paw onto the handprint.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: GPS-Device on Jul 12, 2017, 06:29 AM
Sharis rolls his shoulder, approaching with a grin.

"Aye ma'am. I think we can certainly give it a go."

The triton reaches out for the chains with his hands, a sure look on his face.

"Stay still for just a moment, if you don't mind ma'am."

Sharis' eyes widen, as every muscle in his body sharply tenses, and his tattoos seem to almost quiver as he grabs the chains, and pulls.

OOC: Sharis spends one of his rages to grant advantage on a strength check.
1d20+4=(6+4)=10
1d20+4=(16+4)=20
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 12, 2017, 04:35 PM
Sharis:
The chains enter the ceiling through thin metal tubes, and the physical act of pulling the restraints activates a heretofore secret mechanism that affects the black door at the end of the room. All present can hear the great door's internal parts slide open, the somber gray door handle giving a telltale twitch as it unlocks.
(http://imgur.com/wxYFtRV.jpg)

In your mighty barbarian grip, the clinking links crumple and shred, and you cast the untethered chains at the grateful woman's feet.

"Ahh!" the prisoner gasps gratefully, rushing towards you and hurling her naked body against you, arms outstretched to hug you. There is a sweaty slap as she knocks into you, throws her arms around your shoulders. Her nose a hair's width from yours, she whispers. "ThankyouthankyouTHANKYOU, mighty seagod! I am Ashen. Ashen Chanterelle."

Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Q-Bit on Jul 12, 2017, 05:14 PM
Truman grabs the backpack at his feet, checks its contents, and once he's sure everything is accounted for, he slings it over his shoulder.

"Looks like the coast is clear. I'm going to try to ask her some questions. Follow when ready."

Truman touches his hand to the handprint on the painting, and surrenders himself to its effect.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Jul 12, 2017, 05:56 PM
Yoshiko entered just in time to see a naked woman in cuffs plastering herself onto a half-naked Fishman.

Immediately, she ran up to him and slapped him in the back.

"OI! DON'T BE FLIRTIN WI' TH' PRISONER!"

She further observed the surroundings and the prisoner before adding on.

"O' dopple. Per'aps succubus. Y'better not 'av freed somethin' nasty."

OOC: Yoshiko would like to ready a dagger concealed within her sleeve while getting an Insight read on the prisoner.
Insight roll to see if prisoner is faking:
1d20+4  = ( 8 )+4 = 12
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Dechado on Jul 12, 2017, 07:18 PM
Ruffling his hair, Luis puffed, as he looked at Lai Shan "Fiiiine..."
He walked away from, Seth who seemed unaffected by Sparkly's outburst.
Grabbed his back before turning at the Wood Elf again.

"Also, Glitters? Really? That's been the weakest one so far, you should be ashamed of yourself" He raised a brow "Should try glow stick next..." And as he continued, his tone became louder, and face turning into a frown "Just like the one you have stuck up your-!"
Luis catching a glimpse of Sharis and then Yoshiko disappearing into the painting, got distracted and abandoned the insult towards Lai Shan.

"Alright then" He expressed, approaching the painting. And just as he was about to trigger it, he stopped and looked back at their informant, Benjamin.
He wanted to say something reassuring like We'll be back for you or Stay safe. Opened his mouth several times, but no sound came out. He sighed loudly, before turning around and pressing his hand into the painting.

Out of instinct, he closed his eyes as he felt being sucked in.
And just as they opened again, he saw Truman, and in front of him, Yoshiko and Sharis who were sandwiching the naked woman from the painting.

I didn't sign up for this...

He groaned quietly, as he kneeled to take a blanket from inside his backpack, once in hand he approached the trio.
"Ehem" Trying to get their attention. Luis extended his arm, offering the clean blanket to cover herself. Of course, also turning his head around to avoid seeing the bare lady.

Still... Something didn't feel quite right. Maybe it was just his fear of strangers talking to him.

Caused by his mistrust of new people, Sparkly examines the unclothed girl's movements. Trying to figure out if there is any ill intent from her part.
Insight roll: 1d20+4 = (7) + 4 = 11
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Ten Dead Kings on Jul 12, 2017, 08:14 PM
Seeing that everyone else so far have gone through without too much trouble, Sovereign steps forward and hesitantly lays a hand on the handprint on the painting, while the other maintains a firm grip on her sword.

On the other side, Sovereign ignores the scene that's happening and glances about the room, looking for anything interesting. Or dangerous.

Perception Roll @Ten Dead Kings:  1d20-1  = (19)-1 = 18
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: fukur0 on Jul 12, 2017, 09:09 PM
Seth was sure he would've gotten some flack for his comment about leaving the lizard behind. He was even less surprised it was the sparklemutt that went after him. It didn't matter to him, anyway. He was here to do his work, not make friends.

Seeing the others go through ahead of him, he swings his backpack onto his shoulder, making sure his longbow doesn't slip out. With his free hand, he lays his hand on the handprint of the painting.

As soon as he's transferred to the other side, he catches sight of what was going on, specifically the naked lady between the fishman and the cat. Seeing Luis offering the blanket to the woman, he scoffed at the idea of using only a blanket as clothing and kneeled down to take out his extra set of fine clothes.

"My dear," He held out the set of clothes towards her direction.

Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Bobo on Jul 12, 2017, 10:10 PM
"All right," Aaron says, glancing at his two remaining colleagues, "I think it's about time for our scout to do his job!" Ignoring any protests from the small handful of kobold that was Chorden, Aaron picks him up, tucks him in the crook of his arm, and places his free hand on the painting.

As soon as he's in the room with the woman from the painting, Aaron begins channelling Detect Magic. Might as well start off the adventure knowing as much as possible about where the party is!
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: A Bad Idea on Jul 12, 2017, 10:53 PM
As soon as the room is cleared, Lai Shan slings on a belt for her sword and her pack, and slides the crate of wine into the crawlspace.

"If the Queensmen come, just grab the painting and hide in the crawlspace until they're gone, alright?"

She gave Braddock a knowing wink before strutting over to the painting, using one hand to cast a Minor Illusion in front of the crawlspace and the other to press against the palm on the glass.

[OOC: Lai Shan is casting Minor Illusion to create a five-foot tall crate with the word 'FRAGILE' painted on it right in front of the crawl space.]

In an instant, she is brought into the room with the rest. Catching up to the rest of the crew, she eyes the woman up and down, attempting to gauge her intent.

[OOC: Rolling Insight 1d10+2 = 8+2 = 10]

Sensing no ill intent, Lai Shan gave a big smile.

"Well well! Glad to see we've already made a friend! And here I was thinking we were understaffed to explore this place."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: GPS-Device on Jul 13, 2017, 12:38 AM
Sharis lets out a sharp exhale as his muscles relax, before his expression shifts and he laughs heartily upon feeling the slap from Yoshiko.

"HAHA! What can I say? I cannot help but to have this effect on people! And you should relax, my feline accomplice. Here, I see no prisoner, only a victim, used as little more than a glorified key."

He turns his attention back to the bare woman.

"Now, Miss Chanterelle, are you alright? I cannot imagine it to be pleasant in such a place."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 13, 2017, 04:40 AM
Braddock gives a dutiful salute as you all traverse the frame's portal. Then he solemnly picks up the painting, and the last thing you see before the dark of the crawlspace is old Ben's usual expression--a supportive, fatherly smile.

(OOC: The moving of the painting, from your perspectives, resembles a handheld camera view)

Ashen Chanterelle squeals with delight as Luispresents the sheet and Seth presents the clothes. She goes on answering Sharis as she gets dressed in front of everyone, speaking at a fast and urgent clip.

"Pleasant? Oh, you have no idea the terrors of the Maze, my lord! The inmates are no great company, and the Medusa makes sure those of us not petrified have our uses. I was placed here to summon her guards should anyone arrive, but I certainly won't now!"

She yammers on so it's hard to keep up.

Chorden:
You do not sniff out anything off about Ashen. You find nothing abnormal about her, she's purely human. You do however sense the traces of other beings recently in the room, some reptilian. Ashen gives off no apparent intention to do anything but get dressed and get the hell out.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 13, 2017, 06:22 AM
Sovereign:
From inside the room you can see that your side of the portal also appears to be a frame, its painted image gone dark save a few wisps of light. There are large curtains on this wall to cover the painting.

In the corner, unseen from the outside of the painting, sits a worn leather bag and unlit torch. There are similar torches mounted on the walls, four in all.

The three barrels in the corner are full of fresh water, likely to keep Ashen alive as there's a ladel floating in one.

Aaron:
Besides the glow of the portal painting the walls themselves have the aura of ancient magic. Like rings within trees, the folds of color in the aura show its age. Its older than anything you've ever seen or even heard of. The magic is a form of the spell Petrify.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Ten Dead Kings on Jul 13, 2017, 08:59 AM
Sovereign:
From inside the room you can see that your side of the portal also appears to be a frame, its painted image gone dark save a few wisps of light. There are large curtains on this wall to cover the painting.

In the corner, unseen from the outside of the painting, sits a worn leather bag and unlit torch.

Sovereign points towards the bag and asks Ashen what's in it.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Jul 13, 2017, 09:18 AM
Yoshiko eyes Ashen a bit before sheathing the dagger concealed in her sleeve discreetly.

This woman seems innocent enough. So the cat thought as she listened to the prisoner's ramblings.

"So whass'tis Medusa y'speak of? An'tis maze while at it? And guards? Whasshe av'tguard 'ere?"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: GPS-Device on Jul 13, 2017, 09:37 AM
Sharis bangs a fist against his own chest, grinning wildly.

"The Goddesses! Now that, that is a task worthy of a Triton! To free them if they are truly held here, it would be a deed truly worth remembering!"

Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Bobo on Jul 13, 2017, 10:46 AM
"Wait, wait, wait," says Aaron incredulously, "TR 3500? The Triarchy? That was thousands of years ago!" A struggling Chorden pops unceremoniously out of the crook of Aaron's arm as he reaches out to grab Ashen by the shoulder. "How long have you been here?"

He glances at his party, suddenly remembering, "oh by the way, there's definitely some Petrify magic around here."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: ZigZagaroo on Jul 13, 2017, 01:33 PM
Chorden hadn't expected things to turn out this way, sure a portal of some sort was expected but a chained human coming forth was unforeseen to say the least. Questions began pouring into his mind but with the sudden urgency of his associates entering the painting he knew there was no time for such things, only to quickly gather whatever supplies he could. Swiftly he turned to face the rest of the room to spot anything of value. At his size he could hardly see anything but suddenly he was elevated a few feet, perhaps someone among the team was aiding him in his search for.... wait a minute.

Before he knew it he was suddenly being lift above by Aaron. One of the few members of his team, if not the only one, he trusted and yet here he was obstructing his vital search. Struggled as he could it was no use against the mighty grip of a burly creature such as the bug bear. Chorden, with full objection, had been tucked securely in the crook of his arm, as if holding a small box or chest.

"AARRRGGHH... Put me down you daft bastard!...", howled Chorden, yet his words only seemed to pass like wind as Aaron seemed to pay him no as the two entered the painting along with the others...
                                 
               -----------------------------------------------------------

Entering the room Chorten began to pick up whatever scents he could find, seeing he could no much else at the moment. Aside from a ghastly odor of what smelled like noxious fumes of shame, guilt and hatred all in one, he had picked up a scent of other creatures that had been in the room previously. Perhaps these were the "bondees" the woman had spoke of, no telling how long it will take them to make their return. The "Ashen" woman herself had possessed no abnormal scent, nothing a normal human wouldn't carry. Yet her presence her still was discomfort regardless, she was still a prisoner of the maze after all.

Suddenly Aaron had released his hold upon the kobold, allowing him free wander. However Chorden instead made the decision to climb his way up onto Aaron, positioning himself neatly upon his shoulder. Though he was still annoyed about Aaron's handle upon him he still found a suitable view of the room in it's entirety.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: A Bad Idea on Jul 13, 2017, 01:47 PM
Thousands of years? Could that really be the case?

Lai Shan pondered the implications.

If this place has really existed for 1,000 years, how come we're only hearing about it now? Maybe the painting is recent, but the maze has always been here? Hang on...

Lai Shan turned to Ashen.

"Hey lady, have you ever seen anyone else enter through here?"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 13, 2017, 04:49 PM
Ashen stands in Seth's spare shirt and pants, with Luis's blanket tied around her waist, fixing her hair into a messy up-do. All present would likely agree that she is one of the most aesthetically pleasing human specimens ever encountered. Perfect? By all means no. But even those not normally attracted to her type can agree, she's put together with a unique charm. The painting did her no justice at all.
(http://imgur.com/XTx64DE.jpg)
Luis:
If Luis openly bears the symbol of Monomythica, Ashen will fixate on him quite openly.

Sovereign:
Sovereign points towards the bag and asks Ashen what's in it.
At your question, Ashen saunters over to the pack, seemingly filled with regained confidence. "A few mementos that have been out of my reach for a while," she replies, and lovingly opens the bag to pull out an amulet, a carnelian field inlaid with silver and jet, dangling from a silver chain. Red, silver, black.

"My goddesses' holy symbol, the Pillars of the Triarchy," she says as she drapes it across her neck. "I am but a plain, lowly servant."

Also she removes a blunted dagger inscribed as "Love Fool" and a thin diary bound in a jungle-green leather cover. She gently blows the dust from these. The diary is also engraved with the holy Triarchy symbol.
(http://imgur.com/fNqHbna.jpg)
Yoshiko:
"So whass'tis Medusa y'speak of? An'tis maze while at it? And guards? Whasshe av'tguard 'ere?"
Ashen pouts slightly at the mention of the Medusa, and then takes a moment to understand the rest of what you said. "Psathyrella Medusae. You mean you didn't come here with a plan for dealing with her?" she asks, somewhat surprised. "This is her home, after all. The Maze may be a prison, but it was her manor first, from what I know. She has various loyal beasts, as varied as the grains of sand at the bottom of the sea." She gives a shy smile to Sharis.

Sharis:
"The Goddesses! Now that, that is a task worthy of a Triton! To free them if they are truly held here, it would be a deed truly worth remembering!"
"Rescue my Goddesses? This would truly be a remarkable feat, my liberator," Ashen says encouragingly. "My husband has a vast army. Let me go reunite with him, and he will send a thousand warriors to march at your back! My family fortune isn't what it once was, but in terms of martial strength--"

Aaron:
"Wait, wait, wait," says Aaron incredulously, "TR 3500? The Triarchy? That was thousands of years ago!" A struggling Chorden pops unceremoniously out of the crook of Aaron's arm as he reaches out to grab Ashen by the shoulder. "How long have you been here?"
Ashen pauses as you spout off about the years gone. "T-thousands?" she gasps, and stands in shock with her mouth agape. She falls onto her knees and unleashes a keening wail, and the sound of dry-heaving. She's forgotten how to cry in these long centuries but desperately wants to remember how. She clutches the dull blade and trembles.

Lai Shan:
"Hey lady, have you ever seen anyone else enter through here?"
It takes some time for Ashen to regain any semblance of composure. "Have I seen anyone?" she says weakly. "I honestly can't remember now. I seem to recall someone, some long time ago, but only that fanclub came by recently, looking for their idol. Whatever 'recent' means," she sighs.

"There's someone else nearby, but they didn't come by me. They must have got in somewhere else..."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Q-Bit on Jul 13, 2017, 05:31 PM
"An army, huh. Just who were you before all this, Chanterelle?"

Truman turns his attention to the door and motions for Chorden to join him.

"Care to wager if this thing is trapped?"

OOC: Truman will be assisting Chorden if he checks the door for traps.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Jul 13, 2017, 06:10 PM
Yoshiko stared blankly at Ashen, who is looking quite traumatised. This was bad, she doesn't seem in any shape to elaborate upon what this Medusa was and what she was capable of.

No thanks to Aaron breaking the news prematurely.

"Don' sweat it'smuch Madam Chanterelle, ere' av a drink an' think n'stead o'... revenge 'gainst th' Medusa th' wronged you."

Yoshiko took a bottle of Honeywine and offered it to Ashen before turning towards Aaron.

"OI, BIG GUY. TH'BLOODY ELL'SA MEDUSA!?"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: ZigZagaroo on Jul 13, 2017, 06:19 PM
Before Chorden responded to Truman's request he gives a quick look around the room, giving a quick glance at everyone, especially the "Ashen" woman.

Looking back at Truman he gives a nod in response."Of course...," he exclaims as he descends down from Aaron and makes his way over to the door. With the two together they begin to carefully examine the door before them....

OOC: Chorden's perception check (with advantage from Truman)
-1d20+7 = (5+7) = 12
*1d20+7 = (7+7) = 14

During the inspection Chorden looks back around the room once again, hoping everyone won't be listening in...

"Truman help me out. I might be looking at a panel but these tired old eyes of mine have betrayed me before. Why don't you come down here give a closer look?" Chorden says as he gestures Truman to bend down to his level...
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Q-Bit on Jul 13, 2017, 06:45 PM
Don't do it. He's going to jump on your shoulder again.

Truman sighed, and knelt over, examining the door from Chorden's level.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Dechado on Jul 13, 2017, 06:56 PM
Seth's action of wanting to offer robes to Ashen managed to surprise Sparkly quite a bit. Seemed this teammate did care about others than himself after all.

Once Miss Chanterelle started answering questions, Luis assumed she had finished clothing herself, and turned around again to meet her. Even if his orientation wouldn't really find her appealing, she certainly was clever to improvise with what was given.

Luis stayed quiet while his teammates asked questions, and Ashen responded to each of them. It was until she heard Aaron's comment, and broke down, making the Cleric respond by quickly walking towards her.
Stopped abruptly, and frowned when Yoshiko obstructed his path. He saw how the half-Tabaxi had decided to hand Lady Ashen a bottle of Honeywine.

"I don't think alcohol is a good idea to share in her current state-" but he wasn't heard, as the cat was focusing on questioning Aaron now.

History check
1d20 = (13) = 13

The name Medusa echoed in his head, but couldn't recall anything important about the creature.

"Here, my name is Luis. I'm a healer" He stated, with an oddly and uncommon tender tone, as he kneeled to meet Ashen at a comfortable closeness for both. "Are you feeling alright? We didn't mean to share such news to you in such a short time..."
Luis extended his arms, and offered his hands "Allow me to check your wrists, maybe I can take those cuffs off of you as well"

It was then when Lai Shan made her question.

OOC - I don't know what I'm doing I don't. aaaaaaaa
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: ZigZagaroo on Jul 13, 2017, 07:49 PM
With equal heights Chorden whispers his message to Truman...

" The orphans from Hell Hill have been telling their stories again. Apparently they tell of a local lord who had been found dead in his own bedroom, and apparently he took quite an interest in art collecting. The Queen's Coroner simply wrote the whole thing off as suicide, a bit funny don't you think? I mean, having everything handed to you on a silver platter you'd think there wouldn't be much to be depressed about now would there?"

He continues..." Over at the Shanky Shank pub, if you have the patience to listen to drunken rants, you'll hear talk of the Queensmen under pressure at the moment. It seems they were assigned to collect a certain piece of property, from a certain lord, which was stolen by a certain someone. Care to guess who that someone was...? Look, sooner or later they'll catch onto our trail, and with the higher ups breathing down their necks they won't be slowing down any time soon."

"In that regard I've spoken with our Halfing, Edna Cleareyes. Apparently her Lizardman lover, along with his companions had been taken in for questioning. She hadn't seen nor heard from them since, all she knows they were taken in over some "shady art dealings." Whether it these dealings relate to us or not I'll leave that to. Now heres what I'm thinking, who's to say that during this so called questioning that this fellow maybe let a name slip out? What if it slipped out that he was currently seeing a certain Halfing? A certain Halfing who just happens to be associated with us?"

"Do you see what I'm saying? If they find her who knows how much they'll get out of her, and don't forget they having her mate as a bargaining chip (if he's even still alive). Who can say they aren't harvesting her for secrets at this very moment. By the time we get back, if we even have a base to get back to, we may have to consider tying up some "loose ends"....

At that moment Chorden had gone silent, simply staring upon Truman as he waited for a response...
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 14, 2017, 04:22 AM
Info recall rolls about Medusas
@elgesugha: 1d20 = (13) = 13
@fukuro: 1d20+1 = (3)+1 = 4
@Jiisuri: 1d20 = (2) = 2
@Q-Bit: 1d20+2 = (12)+2 = 14
@ZigZagaroo: 1d20-1 = (3)-1 = 2


Ruminating on the nature of so-called "medusas", you all generally know they're some kind of legendary bugaboo, associated with snakes in some way, but as for specific means and methods your recall comes up short.

Aaron:
@Aaron Khuulurgrek Grok: 1d20+2 = (18)+2 = 20

Somewhere in your numerous readings, you've learned a thing or two about these "medusa" beings.

Yoshiko:
Ashen gladly takes the honeywine with one hand, taking large gulps, clutching her Love Fool "blade" in one hand. "So I'm alone in the world," she says matter-of-factly to the tabaxi.

"Revenge, you say?"

Luis:
Still distraught but calming down thanks to Yoshiko, Ashen thrusts her hands towards you, honeywine and knife still in hand, but wanting you to work on her cuffs. She is distracted but does seem grateful to you.

Truman:
"An army, huh. Just who were you before all this, Chanterelle?"
OOC: Truman will be assisting Chorden if he checks the door for traps.
Ashen turns to you slowly and blinks. "Just...a humble priestess."

Chorden:
You find no traps, but hear footsteps in the chamber beyond. Heavy echoing clipclop hoof steps.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: GPS-Device on Jul 14, 2017, 09:33 AM
Sharis holds an open palm to his own chest, gesturing to his tattoos.

"Fair lady Chanterelle, make no mistake. You are not alone. As long as you remember them, they will never truly die."

Sharis unslings his maul from across his back, letting the head of the hammer knock against the ground as he rests it by his side, handle in hand.

"Beasts of an untold variety, a warden of myth, and the potential of a rescue of goddesses long thought gone."

Sharis laughs as he hefts the maul in the air, resting it across a shoulder.

"Truly, a chance like no other!"

Sharis notices Luis offering to remove the shackles, and looks mildly perplexed.

"I was not aware the clergy started teaching the art of lock-picking. A unique church it seems, to be sure."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Bobo on Jul 14, 2017, 09:35 AM
Aaron enters his mind palace, Sherlock-style, and pulls a book off of a carefully-organized shelf.
Medusa
An ancient creature of terrifying magical prowess. Historical accounts show the Medusa to have the ability to turn flesh into stone.

The Medusa is not a single individual, nor is it a member of a race of Medusas, but is rather one of at least twelve sisters (accounts have claimed up to fifteen to have existed in history). These sisters are not of reptilian origin or makeup, but because of the serpents they possess in lieu of human hair, they are revered by some reptilian cultures. The Neonate Empire, for example, views the Medusas with a sense of respect, if not reverence. Ancient stone carvings and tablets from the Selenian Isles have been recovered which depict scenes and excerpts from an epic poem known as Medusa the Conqueror.

Few have ever reported actual encounters with a Medusa, and almost all of these accounts were later revealed to be hoaxes. All accounts, however, clearly caution any who encounter a Medusa to avoid her at all costs, lest she inflict her flesh-to-stone magic upon them.
Quote
"My esteemed compatriots," Aaron breaks from his trance-like dictation, "if this is in fact the dwelling place of a Medusa, we may in fact be royally fucked."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Jul 14, 2017, 10:43 AM
Yoshiko took a brief pause to let the theatriatics of the well-built members of the team sink in before replying to Ashen.

"S'you can see'ere, w'av a Triton ready t'wipe th'floor o' any ol' medusa an' a large Bugbear who's git'a clue what'itis."

She pointed at Lai Shan.

"And th'one o'er there's done assassinations. So w'can 'elp you 'chieve vengeance. All w'ask is f'guidance through th'place. An' per'aps some payment."

Yoshiko shoo'd Luis aside as he clearly struggled with the cuffs.

"Lemme git'it." She said, as she flicked out a lockpick.

OOC: Yoshiko attempts to pick the lock with her thieves tools.
 1d20+6  = (20)+6 = 26
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Q-Bit on Jul 14, 2017, 04:46 PM
Humble priestess, huh? Truman didn't quite buy it.

OOC: Truman's Insight check:
1d20+6=(19)+6=25

"Sorry, miss, but I'm gonna need a better answer than that."

Truman spoke to Chorden in what would be a shout if it wasn't a whisper.

"Absolutely not! Does 'honor amongst' mean anything to you? Besides, Cleareyes doesn't know enough to be a threat. Don't get any ideas."

Truman stood up. He turned to Chanterelle.

"Alright, here's an odd one. It's doubtful, but do the names 'Cassilo of St. Nguyen' or 'Princess Therofera' mean anything to you?"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 14, 2017, 05:27 PM
Aaron:
Ashen raises a cautious eyebrow when you recite your text. "A scholarly gob?" Ashen remarks. She looks thoughtful. "How impressively useful."

Yoshiko:
"And th'one o'er there's done assassinations. So w'can 'elp you 'chieve vengeance. All w'ask is f'guidance through th'place. An' per'aps some payment."
OOC: Yoshiko attempts to pick the lock with her thieves tools.
 1d20+6  = (20)+6 = 26
The cuffs pop off Ashen's wrists quick as anything, and she moans in relief. "Thank you, wily friend," she whispers, and flexes her hands with the delicacy of a skilled piano player. "I feel more and more like myself each minute."

She stands, tucks her blunted dagger into her blanket skirt, takes a swig from the honeywine, and walks among the group. Her tears have dried on her cheeks, her expression has hardened somewhat. She glances back at the now dark painting, then to Luis.

Luis:
Ashen swishes the wine inside her mouth, and gulps, then offers you the bottle. She presses it insistently towards your chest.

Lai Shan:
When Yoshiko mentions you are an assassin, Ashen looks reassured. "Ah. So maybe you really can slay the Medusa. I had not dreamed I'd be so fortunate to be rescued, much less by such skilled adventurers. I do not know what payment I could provide, but free my Goddesses, and I'm sure they will bless you as they have blessed me in life!"

Ashen counts to seven on her fingertips. "These are some facts I've gleaned from sweet-talking the bondees--the men who maintain the Maze. I think there are at least seven sections of this place, including these Halls. There are also some Gardens, the Gallery of course, and an Archive of some kind? Also her private Almery, and then the Cells. I think there's a seventh, or more, but I just don't know anything about that. I know nothing of them beyond the names..."

"From what I've heard, there are other exits in some of those sections, but are likely secret, and, er, difficult. I've never had the opportunity to explore the place, myself."

Truman:
Humble priestess, huh? Truman didn't quite buy it.
OOC: Truman's Insight check:
1d20+6=(19)+6=25

"Alright, here's an odd one. It's doubtful, but do the names 'Cassilo of St. Nguyen' or 'Princess Therofera' mean anything to you?"
Ashen ignores the first question for the moment. She looks at you blankly and shrugs. "I don't know what that is. Any of it," she responds. "Food? Are those foods? Or boats, perhaps?"

"I'm a simple priestess, perhaps I haven't had the world experience of you adventurers, but..."

"But..." She stops, and curses under her breath in some long lost language. "Very well. If you must place misguided importance on titles of all things, standing before you is Ashen Chanterelle, High Priestess of the Triarchy, Third Counselor of the World Army, Most Penitent and Patient Daughter of the Torn..."

As she speaks, the torches in the room begin to go out, one by one. She seems as startled as anyone, and abruptly stops speaking.

Panicked, she makes a full-speed break for the painting.

OOC: Roll Initiative if anyone chooses to stop her.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Dechado on Jul 14, 2017, 07:47 PM
Not looking back at the triton, Luis tried to ignore his comment, but couldn't help but wear an annoyed face.
But that didn't distract him from trying to get the chains off of Ashen.

"You wouldn't be aware if a Leviathan, or a Water Deity was attacking you. Even if you live in the same area as them" He muttered to himself, quickly and between his teeth. Obviously a lie, but when has your blood boiling ever allowed you to think clearly.

What would they know about my life before joining the Order? Living in the streets and forests for so long end up teaching you a thing or two about survival. No such thing as clemency from nature...
I had to learn how to pick locks, steal food, and fight.
Just to survive another day.

Jerks


Luis' Lockpicking roll
1d20+1 = (11)+1 = 12

No use, this wasn't working. Either this was a different type of bracelets, or he had completely forgotten how to do this. Compared to how he used to live, you could say he ended up getting a bit spoiled by the priests and nuns that took him in.
Aaron expressed how much in danger all of the party seemed to be in

"I'll keep you all alive..." He spoke, hoping it had been loud enough for others to listen.

Too busy giving his "heroic" speech, he wasn't able to perceive Yoshiko kneeling next to them, followed by being pushed aside by her.

"H-hey-!" He growled, but before he could even start ranting, Tabaxi girl had already set Ashen free.

"Err... Thanks" He said, coldly and none less angry.

Ashen took all the attention of the party as she stood up, examining the room. Couldn't blame her, being put in the center for some ungodly amount of time has to be tiring, walking around and examine the place you once were bound at seemed reasonable.
Just as Luis, still feeling down and humiliated because the lack of his skills, stood up, the honeywine was pushed onto him.

"But I-I-!" He grabbed it out of instinct from her hands, now unable to complain. He sighed, and smelled the bottle. What a surprise, it smells just like wine! ...And honey!
Still, not an attractive thing to try. How much use would a drunk Cleric be, should they find any danger?
"Bleh"
Thankfully, Ashen walked away, so Luis could very well just stand there, holding the bottle uncomfortably, without need to take a sip.
Still not convinced, Truman continued questioning the rescued. Having nothing to add, Luis walked next to Aaron. Upon approach, he showed a subtle smile at him. Still holding the liquor, showed it to the bugbear, motioning if he wanted to take a sip.

"High Priestess of what-?" Luis repeated.
But as she continued, the lights began to fade.

Luis' Racial trait, Darkvision, allows him to see in the now dim room, as if it were perfectly lit as before.

He was able to notice Ashen running towards the now completely obscure painting. In fear of the unknown, Luis rushed to hold her.

Initiative roll
1d20+1 = (7)+1 = 8
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: A Bad Idea on Jul 14, 2017, 08:44 PM
[OOC: Lai Shan's initiative for stopping Ashen: 1d20+4 = (17)+4 = 21]

The lights suddenly fade and before Lai Shan even has time to adjust her vision, she immediately picks up the sound of scuffling feet. Instinctively she reaches out and grabs Ashen by the arm.

"Sloooooow down there, Missy. You can finish that title once we deal with whatever's coming, yeah? There's like, nine of us here, I'm fairly certain we're prepared for whatever ambush they have planned for us."

Steadily, Lai Shan gripped the handle of her sword in one hand, ready to leap into action at the first sign of danger.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Jul 14, 2017, 09:39 PM
Yoshiko initiative roll
1d20+4  = (12)+4 = 16


Yoshiko dashed ahead of and obstructed Ashen's path, her Tabaxi eyes glowing in the dark.

"Sides, w'still 'av a deal t'make. A shot a'vengeance, w' payment an' guidance 'round th' place in return. Yay? Nay?"

Yoshiko drew a dagger from within her sleeve, just in case something lurked in the darkness.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: fukur0 on Jul 14, 2017, 10:07 PM
Seth paid no attention to the torches going out and was able to see perfectly fine even as the light sources were dwindling away.

However, he did notice the prisoner, who was supposedly a High Priestess dash towards the painting. He didn't worry too much since both the Tabaxi, elf monk, and sparklemutt were quick to try to stop her.

Instead, he took the Longbow out from his backpack and an arrow in his other hand. Just in case.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 15, 2017, 01:04 AM
Lai Shan:
[OOC: Lai Shan's initiative for stopping Ashen: 1d20+4 = (17)+4 = 21]
"Sloooooow down there, Missy. You can finish that title once we deal with whatever's coming, yeah? There's like, nine of us here, I'm fairly certain we're prepared for whatever ambush they have planned for us."
Ashen winces. "I certainly hope so..."

Yoshiko:
"Sides, w'still 'av a deal t'make. A shot a'vengeance, w' payment an' guidance 'round th' place in return. Yay? Nay?"
"Like I said, I have nothing to give! And I've already told you everything I've learned about the Maze and its rooms. But my Goddesses would be most grateful to be rescued, and would pay in kind." She sinks to the floor and refuses to move for the moment.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: ZigZagaroo on Jul 15, 2017, 01:06 AM
As soon as Truman walked out of ear's reach Chorden directed a silent hiss towards him. A moment later, with no sight of a single laid trap Chorden decided to rejoin the others to confront the Ashen woman, when suddenly an ambiguous sound struck his ears. He swiftly turned back to the door, moving ever slowly he lays an ear upon what felt like cold steel. As he listens he hears footsteps, of which that seemed to grow louder by the second.

Chorden turned to face the others to warn them of the impending forces when suddenly the torches across the room had relinquished. Fortunately with his naturally passed on darkvision he could clearly witness the scene before him. From what he'd seen the Ashen woman had seemed to make a run for the painting's frame, perhaps in the hopes of escape. A wave of relief waves over him as he spots Lai Shan apprehending the escapee. Though hardly finding any reason to trust her she clearly knows this strange domain better than any of them.

Snapping back to the situation at hand he warns to the others,"I heard footsteps drawing near, everyone be prepared, hide yourself in a corner, whatever you must!" He shoots a look back at the door, with his comrades warned he focuses his efforts on concealing himself. Without a moment to lose Chorden moves back to the door before and leans closely to the left side of the door. With his small stature and the added darkness he could only hope these unknown creatures wouldn't notice him nor his comrades once they entered...

OOC: Chorden's stealth roll
1d20+5 = (11+5) = 16
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 15, 2017, 01:11 AM
Chorden:
At your word, Ashen begins scampering to a far corner of the room, if Lai Shan will allow it.

With half the room now dark, a sliver of pale light rises from the middle of the floor, right between Seth and Sovereign. The light shimmers into a human shape.

A ghostly child appears. He presses his fingers to his lips, making a very quiet "shhhhh" sound.
(http://imgur.com/OiUoIFM.jpg)
He gestures to the door, then cups his hand around his ear enthusiastically.

"Oh, him again," Ashen says. She seems agitated and less pleasant than before. "He never says a word...but he always seems to come around right before something else comes around. So whatever your lizard friend sniffed out, it's coming..."

Aaron:
The boy walks over to you and pats you gently on the hand, then runs to the door and begins to float through it, beckoning to be followed. Your hand feels slightly chilled.

"If he's here, then something's on its way," Ashen warns everyone. "We'd best not be in this room when it arrives..."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: A Bad Idea on Jul 15, 2017, 01:37 AM
Lai Shan releases Ashen, allowing her to flee to a corner of the room.

At the ghost boy's departure, Lai Shan frowned slightly and sighed. "I know we're waiting on an eventual ambush, but there's something I've never really appreciated about being welcomed to an ambush by our assailants. It's like they're making fun of us."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Q-Bit on Jul 15, 2017, 06:23 PM
Truman turns to Chanterelle and points at the painting.

"I promise you it's not any safer on the other side of that painting. The Queen has an army hunting for us. If they figure out you're involved they'll lock you right back up, and that's the best case scenario."

With that, he steps to the door.

"I don't like it either, but there's only one way forward from here."

He steps up to the door, attempting to crack it open and peer through.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 16, 2017, 12:50 AM
Aaron:
"Very well. If you must place misguided importance on titles of all things, standing before you is Ashen Chanterelle, High Priestess of the Triarchy, Third Counselor of the World Army, Most Penitent and Patient Daughter of the Torn..."
@Aaron Khuulurgrek Grok: 1d20+4 = (18)+4 = 22 HISTORY
@Aaron Khuulurgrek Grok: 20+4 = 20+4 = 24 ARCANA

The High Priestess of the Triarchy's name has been lost time time, however some of the epithets Ashen named seem familiar. "The Torn" appears in records too, as in "The Torn Sisters", likely another reference to the Three Goddesses themselves. It might have been the more commonly used name for the deities during their reign.

In assessing the ethereal boy, your brief but thorough readings of the Voidheim Journal of Amateur Necromantics back up your gut feeling that this is a ghost, a living spirit separated from its mortal body.

Truman:
Truman turns to Chanterelle and points at the painting.

"I promise you it's not any safer on the other side of that painting. The Queen has an army hunting for us. If they figure out you're involved they'll lock you right back up, and that's the best case scenario."

With that, he steps to the door.

"I don't like it either, but there's only one way forward from here."

He steps up to the door, attempting to crack it open and peer through.
Ashen decides its best not to put herself into the path of this menacing Queen, and so sticks with the group for protection, hanging closely between Lai Shan and Sharis especially.

You peer into the next room, finding it large and vaulted, with wall pillars and torch sconces. The far end of the room is partially bathed in shadow, and you hear pacing footfalls from that end.There is a glimmer of light through a door at the far northern end, and a flickering light coming from a room to the west. The ghost boy stands some distance ahead, standing quietly but looking nervous.
(http://i.imgur.com/1g4VLNX.jpg)
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: GPS-Device on Jul 16, 2017, 05:31 AM
Sharis tilts his head to the side, far enough to crack his neck.

"Hrm. My eyes don't work well in such dark. It might be better if one of you with sharper eyes take point. I'll guard the rear, and hold off whatever it is coming this way, if it catches up to us."

Sharis gives a toothy smile.

"If luck is on my side, I hope whatever it is walks fast.l
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Jul 17, 2017, 12:56 AM
Yoshiko eyed the flickering light from the westward room.

"Th' foosteps b'comin' North. I'll check th'west door, see'sf a good spot t'ide... or f'there's goodies~"

She headed off towards the west door, keeping light on her toes, with intent to sneak close and check the door.

OOC: Yoshiko will be checking the door with her eyes, nose and ears to see if it looks like a dangerous door and get an idea of what is in it too. As quietly as possible.
perception: 1d20+4  = (6)+4 = 10
stealth: 1d20+6  = (1)+6 = 7

Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: A Bad Idea on Jul 17, 2017, 09:43 PM
Lai Shan proceeds into the room shortly after, keeping close to the east wall. Trying her best to stay out of sight of the north entrance, she checks the east door to see if it is unlocked.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 17, 2017, 10:48 PM
Yoshiko:
You briefly hear footsteps as you enter, but they cease and you see nothing within the shadowy corner of the room.

As you round the curve you see that the opening to the West has no door, just a ten-foot wide arch leading into a circular room. The source of the periodic flicker is not physical torch, but a phantom light that circles the room at about 6-feet off the ground. Central to the room are carved stone cylinders of various heights. Their shadows sweep the room in a clockwise pattern. The wall features a faded fresco depicting silhouetted figures against a night sky. When the phantom light crosses the mural, it has the effect of a shooting star.

There is a closed door in the West and another ten-foot-wide arch to the North of the circular room. There is the muffled sound of metal scraping on stone from the room North of the circle, but that room seems decently lit.

(http://i.imgur.com/YDeO44B.gif)

The room of the main hall also has no door, its arched entrance reveals a long well-lit room. The door to the East (Corden is approaching) has a closed door of the same heavy material as the black door in Ashen's cell.

Suddenly, in the main hall and startlingly close to you, a deep female voice murmurs nearby as you survey the western room. "Hm...yes...it would be such a shame! To burn it all, and have nothing to show for it..."

A nine-foot tall figure steps out of a shadow, her hooves clomping on the stone floor. "Greetings, traveler," the dragon-like woman says, and bows her head, masses of tightly wound curls cascading from behind her great curved horns. As she emerges further from the shadow, she folds her blue wings behind her like a noblewoman's cape.

"I am Lady Crucem Capilli. Have you come to seek your fortunes, or are you fellow destroyers? If it is the former, best be about your work quickly, before this place is ended forever." She smiles widely. "This will be your only warning."

She looks south to wave to any visible party members.

(http://imgur.com/l5Vuq9Q.jpg)
(Lady Capilli is standing below the top central blue arrow in Room 2)
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Jul 17, 2017, 11:47 PM
Yoshiko's tail flared as she high tailed it into the west room, slipping in between the pillars and away from Lady Capilli's view.

"Capilli!? I'vner'eard o' it! Nay'seen th'likes o' an ugly things' you! Y'some ugly cat? Snake? What'cha on 'bout, destroyin' stuff?"

Yoshiko readied a flask of oil in her free hand, keeping an eye on the shadows for whoever approached.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 17, 2017, 11:55 PM
Yoshiko:
Lady Capilli raises her hand and watches you dash away. "Oh my, what an interesting choice," she says with no small amount of fascination.

(http://i.imgur.com/YDeO44B.gif)

As shadows cross, you begin to feel the floor disappearing from under you! Your feline agility allows you to just barely leap up onto one of the stones as a gaping pit appears where the shadow lies.

@Jiisuri:  1d20 + 8 8 ACROBATICS BIATCH = (6)+8 = 14
@Jiisuri:  1d20 +4  = (1)+4 = 5
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: fukur0 on Jul 18, 2017, 02:24 AM
The sudden appearance of the ghost child caught Seth rather off guard as he nearly loses his grip on his bow and arrow. His cloak twitches a bit just as he turns to face the blue child, obviously annoyed.

"Bloody kid..."

Hearing Ashen's comments on the child and the impeding arrival of whatever's to come, Seth decides to move on ahead into the next room. Seeing both Yoshiko and Lai Shan deciding to investigate both of the eastern and western side of the room, he heads on over towards the northern end. However, he stopped in his tracks upon seeing the blue dragon woman making her appearance. Another pretty face.

"Aren't you a gorgeous sight? I would be lying if I said your words weren't so...foreboding, however. What sort of business do you have here?"

OOC: Seth is checking out how Lady Capilli acts and see if she's a danger or not.
Insight: 1d20+2  = (15)+2 = 17
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Ten Dead Kings on Jul 18, 2017, 02:31 AM
Sovereign, upon seeing the commotion outside, goes instead to Ashen and asks, "Who is this now? One of your friends?" referring to the blue dragon-like lady outside.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 18, 2017, 04:42 AM
Sovereign:
Ashen smiles hesitantly. "Ah, never met her before, but have heard what it sounds like when people aggravate her. I once had to rattle my own chains to try to drown out the screaming...If we're calm and courteous she won't tear us to pieces..."

Seth:
Your estimation of the Lady is that she is a bit arrogant but truthful. You sense an immediate ease at your presence.

Lady Capilli softens at your approach. "My position is strictly mercenary--I have little care to judge anyone, you do seem of a similar kind," Lady Capilli says casually. "However, my clients have tasked me with the destruction of this Maze, and with the retrieval of important personnel. I will carry this out. It"s just--

She pauses, and her large tail curls around her like a vine. "Well, I've been giving it some thought. My clients did not disclose to me the vast amounts of art in this place. Unique, ancient pieces, provocative and sometimes dangerous--why, as an art lover, I could never bring myself to destroy the Maze without salvaging the best works..."

She maintains her aloof demeanor overall, but hints a bit of regret at her duty.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Bobo on Jul 18, 2017, 10:38 AM
"A ghost child and a high priestess to long-lost goddesses," Aaron mutters to himself as he observes the impatient scurrying of his companions. He watches through the door, carefully observing any auras cast by his Detect Magic spell, and sees the dragon-like woman speak to Yoshiko and Seth. Wracking his brain for any mention of such a creature returns little to aid his appraisal of this newcomer.

OOC:
Arcana: @Aaron Khuulurgrek Grok:  1d20+4  = (5)+4 = 9)

Aaron leans pensively on his maul, its crudely attached crystal sparkling in the dim light coming from the rooms to the north.

"Lady Chanterelle," he says, his eyes scanning the room and his companions who have entered it, "tell me everything you know about this place and how you came to be a prisoner here." His voice, rough from its monstrous origin, takes on a deep, soothing rumble as he speaks to the priestess.

OOC:
Persuasion: @Aaron Khuulurgrek Grok:  1d20  = (17) = 17
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 18, 2017, 04:13 PM
Aaron:
To your eye, Lady Crucem Capilli is equally draconic and demonic in her nature. After studying this new stranger, you see a very faint magic glow emanating from the circular room Yoshiko had previously burst into (Room 3), as well as the circular room Lai Shan is approaching at the East wall (Room 4).
"Lady Chanterelle," he says, his eyes scanning the room and his companions who have entered it, "tell me everything you know about this place and how you came to be a prisoner here." His voice, rough from its monstrous origin, takes on a deep, soothing rumble as he speaks to the priestess.
Ashen Chanterelle drifts to the back of the group nearest to Sharis. "I have already named for you the sections of this place as I know them--the Halls, the Gardens, the Almery, the Cells, and more." she says. "And I know how I got here. In my day, the Triarchy and the Saurid Empire were at war--a war so great some feared it would be the next Armageddon, if you can believe it. Conspiring with traitors from both nations, the Medusa stole away the leaders of both empires and threw them in her private prison."

She calmly adjusts her blouse. "I suppose the war seems rather pointless now, all things considered. But still, it's only right that the Goddesses be freed from their cruel captivity."

Seth:
Lady Capilli speaks loudly so all within (Room 2) as well as Yoshiko can hear.

The ghost boy looks shyly over at Lady Capilli, then floats closer to you and hides behind you. Lady Capilli looms over you both, but pays the ghost boy no mind.

"Hm. Perhaps an arrangement can be struck! If it is fortune you desire I shall give you gold in exchange for any of the Maze's fascinating artistic works. I do have a personal wishlist, but for our first transaction I will consider anything you bring me."

She places a hand on your shoulder. "Would you like to do this for me?" she asks, directed at you specifically.

Yoshiko:
Perched atop the stone, you see pits open as the shadows pass, and peering into the briefly revealed holes you see a skeleton's upper half decaying in the darkness, the bisected remains of some fellow explorer.
(http://imgur.com/6CIj4TD.jpg)

Lai Shan:
Skirting Lady Capilli's reach, you try the East door and find it opens in towards you. As you test it, you feel a slight tug from the other side, however.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Jul 18, 2017, 05:45 PM
"S'sa deal, Blue Lady! Also don't creep up liddat, love! Nearly lost m'legs ere!"

Yoshiko took out a candle, some string and piton. Lighting the candle, she dangled it downward, with intent to see the effect of light on the shadow traps.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 18, 2017, 06:00 PM
Yoshiko:
As the string swings and the candle dangles, your experimental light splits the shadows and makes more holes in the floor.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Jul 18, 2017, 06:20 PM
Yoshiko retrieved her items.

"By th'way, shadows on th'floor ere b'dangerous lads! S'like pits! 'Ny o'y'mage-y types git some path'o'light spell?"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: A Bad Idea on Jul 18, 2017, 09:48 PM
While Lady Capilli was occupied, Lai Shan took the opportunity to push open the east door just so, and slip inside.

[OOC: What does she find?]
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 18, 2017, 09:58 PM
(http://imgur.com/QNcNzj1.jpg)

Lai Shan:
The door opens towards you, and you feel as if you are pulling up against gravity. You peer into the room and get a brief disorienting sensation--you feel as if you are above the room, staring in from the ceiling. You see stairs leading down about 30-feet to the place where three stairways appear to meet. They tangle like a knot hanging in the middle of empty space. Nothing supports this webwork other than the stairs themselves, and none of these staircases have railings.

From the central knot, there are two staircases that lead off to other exits. For sanity's sake, you can try to think of them as North and West, but it might be a futile attempt to keep things straight.

(OOC: DEX/Acrobatics check if you want to attempt to use the stairs, DC 15. Basically you got this situation on your hands)
(https://i.ytimg.com/vi/JdgPvripL9A/maxresdefault.jpg)
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: fukur0 on Jul 18, 2017, 10:43 PM
Seth knew better than to judge a book by its cover, but rather by what its pages. Despite Lady Capilli's draconic appearance, she seemed like a regular lady, one he could easily handle and a great fine arts appreciator.

He couldn't help but notice the ghost child suddenly coming to his side, however. He was annoying the first time when he appeared in the room earlier but he wouldn't be lying if he was curious just what was up with the ghost kid.

"My Dear, I would do anything to help out a lady in need but I just have one question," He motions to the ghost kid behind him. "you wouldn't happened to know his business here, would you?"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 19, 2017, 04:39 AM
Lady Capilli acts like she notices the ghost being in this room for the first time. "Oh, him? He wasn't part of my brief, my dear, so I couldn't say. And also, I'd be hesitant to tell you even if I knew." Crucem shakes her head, and her curls flop along her shoulders.

"No," she says decisively. "I cannot share anything, I'm afraid. Each individual exploration of the Maze should be unspoiled, a personal aesthetic experience. The Maze itself is a work of art in need of first-hand immersion--I wouldn't dare rob you that!"

A sly smile crosses her face. "However, since I like you, I will say this. I always see him floating in from the East, so there's that to consider."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Bobo on Jul 19, 2017, 10:39 AM
Aaron turns briefly toward Ashen and the rest of his remaining teammates. "We will free the three goddesses, My Lady." He turns back towards the room to the north. "For now, we must explore the labyrinth that lies ahead."

Aaron strides carefully into the room and approaches the dragon–demon woman. His footsteps echo in the wide room, louder than he expected, but then again the time for stealth had long past anyway.
OOC:
Stealth: @Aaron Khuulurgrek Grok:  1d20+2  = (4)+2 = 6

"My humble greetings, Mistress," Aaron bows briefly as he stops in front of Lady Capilli, "it is truly an honor to meet one of your high magical origin. Might I ask more about what brings you to be here with us at this precise moment? I am a student of the arcane, and I could never forego an opportunity to learn from such a rare creature as yourself."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: A Bad Idea on Jul 19, 2017, 03:07 PM
[OOC: Acrobatics to Navigate the Escher Room 1d20+6 = (20)+6 = 26]

Slipping through the doors, Lai Shan could feel her sense of balance shifting. Placing a hand on a nearby wall (floor?) for support, she looked upwards at the twisted, knotting stairs and immediately knew what was going on. Ha, I did an exercise just like this back at the Syndicate training hall!

Confidently she kicks off the wall, turns in midair and lands on the center mass of stairs. Readjusting her alignment, she stands up (sideways?) and walks nonchalantly towards the door to the West and opens it.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 19, 2017, 03:36 PM
Aaron:
Lady Capilli nods. "Naturally you would. I am rather extraordinary," she agrees. "I have teleported a vast distance at the behest of my clients to retrieve the one who is known as "The Closer of the Gate", "The Burner of Books", and "The Mnemoclast"--the Demon King Dendrosathol. First prisoner of Psathyrella Medusae. Her father."

"Once I am satisfied that the greatest works have been preserved, I will continue my work, destructive as it is, and free Dendrosathol. The destruction of the Maze is an unfortunate but inevitable side-effect."

Lai Shan:
When you first enter the room you step out onto the landing, steady yourself, and find yourself standing horizontally, staring down into the mad architecture. It feels as if you are rappelling down a vertical cliff face without a rope.

(http://imgur.com/JiUb3qm.jpg)
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Dechado on Jul 19, 2017, 05:07 PM
Luis groaned loudly, exaggerating, so everyone could hear him complain.

"So much for staying close to each other..."
He continued rambling. Puffed when moving next to Sharis and Ashen, letting them know his presence.

"I'll be your eyes, Triton"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Q-Bit on Jul 19, 2017, 05:17 PM
Truman made his way to the front of the group, trying not to stare now that he had a good view of Lady Capilli.

"I have questions, provided you have answers. Let's start with: What happens when this place is destroyed? Does the maze simply crumble, or does the entire plane collapse?"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 19, 2017, 06:07 PM
Lady Capilli raises her arm to gesture at the great hall. "No, this sliver of a pocket dimension will not fold in upon itself immediately, but within a matter of hours I believe it will indeed collapse. I suspect there are in fact several ways to destroy the Maze--when the time comes, your chance to escape will be limited."

She looks saddened, then slightly annoyed. "There's no chance to test it! You can only destroy a thing once. Perhaps it folds back into proper space, whence it came? Who can say, truy? However, then all its contents would be freed upon your world. So much the worse for you lot."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Jul 19, 2017, 06:38 PM
"Y'even know where e'is love? Th' Demon King o' yers?"

Yoshiko prepared a few candles and tied them to the sides of her boots, lighting them and  stepping down from the stone, prepping herself to leap back up if the shadow still engulfed her light foosteps. If this worked, she planned to  head to the door to the west and take a peek.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: A Bad Idea on Jul 19, 2017, 06:42 PM
Growing ever more curious, Lai Shan turns sideways-down and takes the stairs going westward (downward??)
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 19, 2017, 09:16 PM
Yoshiko:
"Y'even know where e'is love? Th' Demon King o' yers?"
"Intel states the Medusa would keep him close to her chamber, so I'm sure he's in the Cells to the North of us," Lady Capilli replies, then rolls her eyes. "Now, look at me babble on so! I had said--No Spoilers, right?"

Yoshiko prepared a few candles and tied them to the sides of her boots, lighting them and  stepping down from the stone, prepping herself to leap back up if the shadow still engulfed her light foosteps. If this worked, she planned to  head to the door to the west and take a peek.
You unlock the door from your side and push it open--it moves slowly, as you come to find it is scraping on overgrown ivy vines crossing the threshold.

You find a large room, a dark funerary grotto that was once lit, but the lamps are long dead and everything is black. The air is dry and the plants and leaves are papery, yet still they are abundant and seemingly growing. Flowers and vines grow around and into black soapstone statues. You appear to be at the edge of a great Garden complex, with multiple exits on the far side of the room.
(Yoshiko has crossed into the green room)
(http://imgur.com/nyLuL4y.jpg)

The vines growing on the closest statues squirm at your arrival. Before your eyes, they rip themselves free from the statues and reach out to you like begging hands.

Lai Shan:
Growing ever more curious, Lai Shan turns sideways-down and takes the stares going westward (downward??)
The door is locked, and bears a sign reading "PRIVATE FUNCTION ~ By Invitation Only". There are light metallic footsteps pacing on the other side of the door. There is a crudely drawn symbol on the door in white chalk. It looks like a pair of church bells with a heart encircling them both.

[OOC: Yoshiko, take an Inspiration for your experiments in dungeoneering! Also btw, Sharis, take an Inspiration for your truly Tritonic rescuing in Room 1!]
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Jul 19, 2017, 09:32 PM
Yoshiko took a step back and flicked a bronze coin towards a vine, watching to see what happens before deciding her next move.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: GPS-Device on Jul 19, 2017, 09:57 PM
Sharis pushes forward in the group, speaking up.

"So this Medusa is to the north then? Fantastic!"

Sharis crosses an arm over his chest, and nods his head towards the Lady Chipilli.

"My gratitude. You have aided me greatly in cutting down time towards righteous battle."

Sharis looks back behind him.

"Fair Lady, it seems we have a heading towards your retribution!"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 19, 2017, 10:45 PM
NEW FEATURE ~ SPOILER TAGS! These will be used when the party splits, to keep things better organized. Honor system for metagaming - all things posted in spoilers are only perceived by the characters in those rooms. Feel free to read anything as long as it doesn't affect in-character actions. >> [*spoiler][/spoiler]

Yoshiko, Gardens 28:
Spoiler: show
You toss the coin and it clatters to the ground. The ivy leaves on the statues shiver, and smaller vines emerge from cracks in the broken flagstone floor. The vines creep into the black soapstone figures--memorial statues with their rough humanoid features nearly worn away--and begin to animate them. Chunks of black statue hang together, strung with woven vines like heavy marionettes. Three statues animate in all (the 2 in the north of the room and 1 on the curve).

One statue kneels on one knee to pick up the coin, clasps its rough hands over it, and then offers it back to you. In many human cultures this resembles a formal marriage proposal. Its fellow statues watch eagerly for your response.


Sharis, Halls 2 into Halls 7: (Map to be updated soon)
Ashen Chanterelle beams and cheers you on. "Glorious, my champion!" she says.

Lady Capilli steps aside as you charge forth. "Remember--bring anything that you deem to possess aesthetic value back to this chamber, and I will reward you," she announces to the room, before walking into a shadow and vanishing from sight.

You approach the 10-foot wide opening to the North room, and find a long chamber decorated with a mosaic on the east wall, west wall, and the floor. The mosaic depicts a vibrantly colored woman with a serpent's body, made of small colorful tiles. The lintel atop the door is engraved as "Great Cyanoxantha".
Spoiler: show
(https://c1.staticflickr.com/4/3165/2387415379_5c7b6559be_b.jpg)

As you step to the entrance, the mosaic rumbles, as if clearing its throat. It addresses you in Aquan-Primordial, with a perfect accent.
Spoiler: The mural speaks... • show

"The first to cross these coils must dance,
The second, sing to safety reach,
The third must bleed or risk mischance,
The fourth one dies between my teeth,
The next will be the first once more,
And do not cheat, I'm keeping score!"


All others in Halls 2:
You see Lady Capilli disappear into her own shadow (and pass a subtle wink at Seth before she goes). When Sharis reaches the next room, you hear a voice rumble in a thick accent in a strange language. (Anyone who speaks any dialect of Primordial can recognize it)
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Jul 19, 2017, 11:23 PM
Spoiler: show
Yoshiko was taken back by this display. Is she getting proposed to? By vines controlling statues?

But hold on, she was jumping to conclusions. She recalled some mention abou petrification the Big Guy was on about. First she had to establish something, in a sophisticated manner.

"*AHEM* Pardon me, good sir, but first may I ask if you understand the common tongue and if so, are you proposing to me? You need only nod or shake the head to each inquiry."

Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: A Bad Idea on Jul 19, 2017, 11:55 PM
Lai Shan in Room 4
Spoiler: show

Lai Shan crossed her arms and huffed in frustration. Not that she was the kind of person who heeded invitations, but the notion of a wedding in this weird place just felt tacky, and vaguely insulting. Having lost her patience with the door, she turned on her heel back toward the center knot of stairs, pressed her back foot against the wall and kicked off sideways into the air.

[OOC: Acrobatics to navigate the Escher Room 1d20+6 = (8 )+6 = 14]

...or was it downwards? Upwards? There wasn't enough time to figure it out before the room appeared to spin out of control. With a sudden *THUD!*, Lai Shan found herself flat on her back, off the stairs and onto some semblance of a ground level.

[OOC: Falling Damage! 2d6 = (1+5) = 6]

Pulling herself to her feet, Lai Shan took a quick glance around. She never noticed before, but there are other bodies on this floor... dead bodies, by the look of it! Given how she found herself on the floor, it's no surprise how they got there. Nevertheless, there was no one to stop her from shuffling around their things, was there?

[OOC: Searching Bodies :1d100 = (60) = 60, 1d100 = (12) = 12, 1d100 = (66) = 66]

Lai Shan manages to extract some coin, a day's worth of travel food, and an unopened waterskin.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Ten Dead Kings on Jul 20, 2017, 12:29 AM
Seeing nothing dangerous happening, Sovereign takes out a torch from her pack and lights it, holding it up as she goes to [Room 3].
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: fukur0 on Jul 20, 2017, 12:47 AM
Seth finds himself to be distracted by Capilli's charm, not really paying attention to the others and or whatever business went on. However, it wasn't until she was out of sight and the booming voice coming from the hall ahead. Noting he's been letting himself get distracted for too long, he heads towards [Hall 7], where Sharis was.

"Fish man," he says as he steps into the hall. "Did you trip something? What on earth was that?"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Dechado on Jul 20, 2017, 01:04 AM
Following Ashen and Sharis silently, Sparkly glanced around the place. Oddly unaffected by the thought of being inside a painting. He found himself unable to differentiate between fascination of all of this... Or just pure fear.

Lady Chanterelle sounded infatuated by the Triton's heroic presence. Or something like that, Luis didn't understand this thing called attraction.

Unfortunately, The Cleric couldn't avoid feeling a bit jealous about Sharis managing to prove himself as brave, and willing to take all the risks, while Luis just kept himself behind the Triton, in apparent unease.

They eventually passed through a tall entrance. Filled with curiosity, he stayed looking at it for some seconds before joining his teammate and their companion. He was not able to decipher what the letters, if they even were letters, were trying to say. Thus forgetting about is soon.

Alerted by the mosaic suddenly speaking, Luis flinched and let out a pathetic whimper. Which he tried to cover with subtly clearing his throat.

Soon he noticed Seth had joined them. Fearing he might have heard his stupid whine.

He cleared his throat again.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: GPS-Device on Jul 20, 2017, 01:47 AM
 Sharis turns to Seth.

"We enter into a mystic maze of legend, my brother in arms! And it presents to us a task. The first to dance to cross, the second to sing, the third to give blood, and the fourth, to die."

Sharis turns back to the mosaic.

"Should our fair lady know song or dance, i say now is the time to use it. Should any of you know the other, then now is your time. If so, i shall be the one to spill blood. No offense meant, but I will be the least impeded. And after that, I suggest no more follow down this route."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: fukur0 on Jul 20, 2017, 02:20 AM
"Is that so?"

Seth turns to face Luis. He gave him a look for trying to hide his loud whimper.

"You heard him, right? What would it be?" A grin on his face. "Unless you're scared."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Bobo on Jul 20, 2017, 09:55 AM
Returning to his mind palace, Aaron reaches for any tomes that might recall more about this Demon King Dendrosathol or his daughter, Psathyrella Medusae.

OOC:
Arcana/History (whichever is appropriate): @Aaron Khuulurgrek Grok:  1d20+4  = (20)+4 = 24

Drifting in his mental thoughts, Aaron wanders to the three rooms, first East, then North, then West, carefully observing the origins and schools of magic reported by his Detect Magic spell. He makes a mental note to study the East room more in-depth, although his gut tells him to avoid it or risk some unhappy bodily discomfort. He studies the mural as Sharis communes with it, wishing he had learned more of the ancient and arcane languages of the multiverse.

OOC:
Another Arcana/History check to know anything about the mural: @Aaron Khuulurgrek Grok:  1d20+4  = (12)+4 = 16

He waits for a moment, listening as Sharis explains the requirements of passage. Sounds like they've got the first three steps accounted for; guess I'll be passing up this room! he thinks to himself as he continues to the West room.

"Hey, cat-lady!" Aaron calls toward his companion as he strides through the room, "Did you say something about the shadows in this room?"

OOC:
Perception to see if Aaron notices that the shadows are pits: @Aaron Khuulurgrek Grok:  1d20-1  = (17)-1 = 16
Acrobatics/Dex save in case the above isn't enough to keep him from falling into a shadow pit: @Aaron Khuulurgrek Grok:  1d20  = (11) = 11
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 20, 2017, 07:37 PM
Sovereign, looking into Room 3:
(http://imgur.com/6CIj4TD.jpg)
You observe a circular room with a circling phantom light, causing the standing stones in the center of the room to cast shadows. There is an open entrance to the North, and an open door at the West.
Spoiler: show

Standing in the West door, you see Yoshiko standing hesitantly, talking with some dark figures, asking them if they can understand her.


 Aaron, in Room 2:
You recall hearing the name Dendrosathol, and are in fact able to handily correct Lady Capilli (which she in no way appreciates, and seems to resent you for it a little). "Demon King" is a mistaken epithet, as he's actually considered an "Arch-Devil" by the more reliable historical accounts. Devils and demons are very different beings. While demons typically sow strife and chaos for its own sake, devils abide by their own codes of behavior.

In the earliest days of existence, the legend goes, a hag foretold that Dendrosathol would have twelve immortal daughters of great power. Standing together with his bride and daughters, his dynasty would "carve a New World out of the Old, and build empires upon the corpses of their foes".

Dendrosathol's beloved mate perished giving birth to their 13th daughter. With the youngest child's birth, Dendrosathol the Arch-Devil saw that his great dream was ended before it could begin, and this is when he more or less he vanishes from history. You cannot recall any historical accounts that name his children.

You survey the rooms:
You enter the West room calling after Yoshiko, and see the odd way the shadows pull back and the floor becomes a deep pit--however you see it too late, and trip over the edge of one shadow-pit. There is a loud thud as you fall to the floor, but luckily you catch yourself on your hands and knees. Much to large to fit into a pit, you'll have to dodge the shadows or risk a partial dismemberment...
(Initiative for the light: @Mister Kent:  1d20  = (17) = 17
Aaron must win Initiative against the passing shadow or lose a hand, forearm, foot, or lower leg...)
UPDATE: @Aaron Khuulurgrek Grok:  1d20  = (2) = 2

Lai Shan, in Room 4:
Spoiler: show

From the dark open doorway to the West of you (currently above you), you hear a faint echoing song. The voice is reverberant, like someone singing through a funnel. The words are in a language you do not understand, but it sounds like a sweet lullaby. You finally manage to scramble up the targeted staircase, but its almost embarrassingly difficult for a skilled Shadow Monk--at least no one else is here to witness this.


 Yoshiko, in Room 28:
Spoiler: show

(http://imgur.com/sJqgARf.jpg)
The proposing statue looks up at you blankly with no indication that it understands your speech. Its faded features are dull and misshapen. This was clearly sculpted stone rather than petrified flesh.

The other two statues point their featureless hands towards the kneeling one, and then extend their rocky vine-entangled arms towards you, imploring you to respond in some other way. You hear other things in the room begin to stir, other statues crackling to life.

Behind you, in the shadow-pit room, you hear Aaron grunt and fall with a loud thud...
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: A Bad Idea on Jul 20, 2017, 08:08 PM
Lai Shan in Room 4
Spoiler: show
Pulling herself onto the sideways ledge, Lai Shan dusts herself off and wipes her brow, having exerted much more effort than she had planned. I may have done this exercise before, but it's still really frustrating!

Annoyed but not deterred, Lai Shan continues through the North door.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Jul 20, 2017, 08:12 PM
Yoshiko Room 28

Spoiler: show

Yoshiko screamed from within her mind. She has talked with all sorts of creatures in her life, but this was the first time vine controlled statue was proposing to her. One that could not understand speech. There was only one way to communicate with them.

Gestures and Pantomime.

Taking a deep breath, she gently pushed up proposing one's hand to get it to face her in poise more suited for conversation. Then she pointed at him/it, to herself, and then vaguely eastward before making a "man walking" hand sign before an inquisitive shrug.

"Before that. You. Me. Able to leave?" - was her intent.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 20, 2017, 09:52 PM
Lai Shan, entering Room 8 from Room 4:
Spoiler: show
In the middle of a dark vault, you find a curious pair:
(http://imgur.com/DCInYfm.jpg)
A large shell-like creature is rocking a shriveled mutant baby to sleep, cooing a haunting incoherent foreign lullaby. It sees you, and gestures at the sleeping infant-thing with its sole, hand-tentacle appendage. In the corner of the room, a tall figure stands still, but seems to liven up as you enter.

"Ah, a newcomer! Can you talk, at least? This one is no good for my work," the voice whispers to you in a welcoming tone. Its features are obscured behind cascades of dry bandage. It gives the silhouette of a mummified lizardwoman.

"Welcome! Please, come sit!" the figure says, though there's nowhere obvious to sit comfortably. "Name and occupation?"

She presents a scroll and quill, and begins to write down her observations about you. "Hm, interesting..."


Yoshiko, Room 28:
Spoiler: show
The kneeling figure stands and steps very close to you, and extends his hands in such a way that it looks like a dance posture. The other two statues grasp hands and demonstrate by waltzing arm in arm.

Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Ten Dead Kings on Jul 21, 2017, 12:03 AM
Seeing Aaron somehow trip over himself onto the floor, Sovereign gives out an audible sigh. Walking forward with her torch held up in front of her, she says "Did you forget to wear your glasses again, you oversized gobli-"

OOC Initiative roll:
@Ten Dead Kings:  1d20  = (13) = 13
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: A Bad Idea on Jul 21, 2017, 12:10 AM
Lai Shan, entering Room 8 from Room 4:
Spoiler: show
In the middle of a dark vault, you find a curious pair:
(http://imgur.com/DCInYfm.jpg)
A large shell-like creature is rocking a shriveled mutant baby to sleep, cooing a haunting incoherent foreign lullaby. It sees you, and gestures at the sleeping infant-thing with its sole, hand-tentacle appendage. In the corner of the room, a tall figure stands still, but seems to liven up as you enter.

"Ah, a newcomer! Can you talk, at least? This one is no good for my work," the voice whispers to you in a welcoming tone. Its features are obscured behind cascades of dry bandage. It gives the silhouette of a mummified lizardwoman.

"Welcome! Please, come sit!" the figure says, though there's nowhere obvious to sit comfortably. "Name and occupation?"

She presents a scroll and quill, and begins to write down her observations about you. "Hm, interesting..."


Lai Shan, Room 8

Spoiler: show
Lai Shan was busy peering curiously at the shell creature and its child(?) when she was snapped to the attention of the voice. Lai Shan was always wary of strangers, but strangers behaving civil in unknown hostile environments were especially suspicious. Okay, be civil, but don't get too close. And whatever you do, don't let them touch you.

"Oh! I didn't know someone was in here. My name is Lune Litheriyen, I'm a scholar. Might I know your name?" She beamed a friendly smile.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Dechado on Jul 21, 2017, 12:36 AM
Seth turns to face Luis. He gave him a look for trying to hide his loud whimper.

"You heard him, right? What would it be?" A grin on his face. "Unless you're scared."

Turned red, his eyes widened, and started babbling some confusing words, not even Luis could have deciphered even if he was the one voicing them, when Seth gave that toothy smile.

"S-scared!? What are you t-talking about!" He started barking. Oh boy... Another one of his rants was approaching "Why don't YOU go fourth, if you're so valiant?" Without allowing Seth to reply, he continued shouting "Huh, what's t-that!? No? Yeah, that's what I t-though!"

His breathing was audible. Luis ruffled his hair, before making a long sigh. He looked back at Seth.

"Now, if you excuse me, I will be heading back to warn the others about the mural..."
Acknowledging Aaron's presence, Sparkly decides then to follow, walking awkardly behind him.
"A-and not because I am afraid!"

He started going over and over about the discussion that had just happened, realizing he might have made himself a fool in front of Ashen. Especially Ashen. By the Divines... Just met a new person, and he already blasted his "tough guy" facade.

Lamenting didn't stop him from noticing Sovereign standing near the entrance of the room the bugbear seemed interested to visit now.
The Half-Elf had earned Luis' admiration since their first heist together... Along with fearing her the most of the whole group.
He came to a stop once being nearby to start a conversation with her. But wasn't able to word anything, as Aaron's sudden fall caught both of their attention.

Luis' initiative check
1d20+1 = (7)+1 = 8

"Aaron!" He shouted, but it had been too late...



Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: GPS-Device on Jul 21, 2017, 03:33 AM
Sharis watches Luis' response and departure with a pitying look.

"Truly, the shame of many of you land walkers life spans. Too eager to prove valor before you are ready to face it."

He then turns to Seth.

"So then I take it this means you know song dance? If not, then you must be prepared to spill your own blood, though I know you are hesitant to spill others. These sorts of thing do not respond well if you think to be clever" he says, finishing with a gesture to the mosaic.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Jul 21, 2017, 03:48 AM
Yoshiko Room 28
Spoiler: show

A dance. These figures seem to have noble customs to them. Provided this is not a trap, of course. The fact that they could not understand speech and the fact that they aren't petrified corpses but actual carved figures controlled by vines rules out the possibility of becoming one of those as a trap, at least.

Yoshiko thought she heard someone call out and fall, but was very much engaged at this... unique situation she found herself in. She shrugged. Surely the rest would be fine. She did warn them of the shadows after all.

She took the hand of the figure with ladylike poise. Give the "gentleman" this dance while observing the room. At worse, she'd make a break and regroup. At best, she may make a new friend.

Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: fukur0 on Jul 21, 2017, 03:57 AM
As the Cleric continued to scold down at Seth for his remark, the man couldn't help but roll his eyes. Out of the rest of the teammates, his reactions were always the amusing and at some times, annoying. He continued to let the sparkledog hound down at him before he left to go warn the others about the mural. He heard the triton address to him about what choices he was willing to do in regards to the mural.

"In all honesty, I'd much rather bleed rather than...perform in front of people, especially in front of our lady Chanterelle here." He turns his face to Sharis. "Not only that, but I think you'd do a much better performance."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 21, 2017, 03:08 PM
(http://imgur.com/Kk0ZpDi.jpg)

Luis/Chorden/Truman, Room 2:
Spoiler: show
Despite best efforts, none of you were able to reach Aaron in time. With a clear view into the next room, you can see the horror unfold.

The ghost boy seems terribly frightened of the ordeal, covers his eyes and vanishes from the room.


Aaron/Sovereign, Room 3:
Spoiler: show

The constantly moving light marches on without pause or mercy.

Aaron:
You thought you might be lucky. If your large bugbear frame hadn't proved too big for the shadow-pit, you would been falling right now. However, being too big also has its drawbacks, as you kneel partially stuck in the shadow.

When you pull yourself from the trap, you try to launch yourself to the edge of the room beyond the shadows' reach. The shadow moves, and shears off your right foot. You roll to the relative safety of the outer ring of the room, but you are bleeding profusely. The pain hasn't hit you yet, but it will.
(@Aaron Khuulurgrek Grok:  2d10  = (2+7) = 9
Aaron loses 9hp)

Sovereign:
You are not close enough to assist, but close enough to hear the sickening crunch. Aaron rolls out of the pit's reach. You can reach him safely if you carefully skirt the outer edge of the room.

The door to Yoshiko (Room 28) begins to swing closed.


Yoshiko, Room 28:
Spoiler: show
The courting statue is not so graceful a dancer, and its surface is rough, so you take a few scratches, but it slowly waltzes with you. It's poorly carved head sways dreamily to unheard music. During your spiraling dance, you glance over at the other statues still dancing. You realize your courtier is leading you gently but firmly to the West side of the room.

Behind you, the stone door to the circular room begins to close gently with the sound of stone chuffing against ivy.


Lai Shan, Room 8:
You notice another door on the East wall, a small non-descript black door that almost blends into the shadows.
Spoiler: show
"Lune Litheriyen, eh?" the lizardwoman mummy says as she writes it down. "Pleased to meet you! Linneax Gruel, Reptile Archive Times!" She extends her withered hand with appealing professionalism. "It's been a while since I've had someone warm-blooded to interview. Would you mind?"

She looks over at the shell, then back at you. "As long as we're quiet, of course! Wouldn't want to wake young Subfoetens Torn, or his nurse will escort us out," she whispers, and begins to lean against the wall rather than sit. There is a creak like ripping stitches as she bends her knees slightly. Close-up you now see this mummy woman in full, bound in dried decayed linen. Her ribcage is exposed and stuffed with many tightly rolled scrolls of nice parchment.

"Ms. Litheriyen--may I call you Lune? Lune, where are you from, and what brings you to the Maze today? Scholarly pursuits, I bet? Are you hoping to score big, like so many young hopefuls before you? The competition is heating up, you know! Are you traveling alone?" Ms. Gruel's mouth hangs agape in anticipation of the answers.

The little mutant baby (apparently "Subfoetens Torn" according to Ms. Gruel) gurgles lightly in the coils of the shell.


Sharis/Seth, entrance to Room 7:
Spoiler: show
Glancing back at (Room 3), you see the grisly accident occur with Aaron and his foot in the shadow trap. Ashen sees it as well, and shrieks. Her scream echoes in the great vaulted room, out across the mosaic room, and to the open door beyond.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Ten Dead Kings on Jul 21, 2017, 05:14 PM
Seeing the bugbear's foot get eaten up by the shadows gave Sovereign a bit of a shock. After a few seconds, she realises this is beyond her skills, and instead turns around and yells, "DOGBOY!"

Then, Sovereign turns back towards the room with her sword drawn and torch held high, carefully skirting the outer edge of the room towards Aaron.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Jul 21, 2017, 07:32 PM
Yoshiko room 28 where things are looking weird from outside if you can see it from room 3

Spoiler: show

Yoshiko noticed the hinge door slowly close. The worse kinds of traps usually involve a door closing, separating allies and leaving the trapped to slowly perish from starvation and thirst even if they survived the trap itself. Even if this were not a trap, this would not do, closing up a familiar exit route like that.

She lead the dance towards a pose that let her extend her arm out, one where she took out and threw a crowbar towards the door.

Throwing crowbar roll: 1d20 +4  = (13)+4 = 17

The crowbar made its mark, jamming the door from fully closing. Even if the gap wasn't big, it would at least provide a point of leverage to open it from the inside or the outside.

Yoshiko began to sniff the air and raise her ears, keeping herself alert to the mysteries of this room. She really hoped there was no smell of rotting.

Perception check: 1d20 +4  = (18)+4 = 22
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 21, 2017, 08:22 PM
Yoshiko, Room 28:
Spoiler: show
There is indeed the smell of rot--rotting wood and mulch, and also wet growth. There is the faint odor of flowers from another nearby room, and the muffled sound of grunting from some wild animal in yet another hallway.

You get close enough to (Room 34) to see inside its wide open doorway, noticing scattered gardener's tools leaning against the far wall.

You feel the papery caress of ivy vines creep across your shoulders. The dancing statue holds you gently but firmly around the waist as his two dancing companions move between you and the West door to the circle room. Vines erupt from beneath cracks in the flagstone floor and climb the statues, writhing along their limbs to animate them.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Jul 21, 2017, 08:54 PM
Yoshiko Room 28

Spoiler: show

1d20 +8 acrobatics = (16)+8 = 24

Yoshiko slipped down and out of the statue's embrace. Clicking her tongue whilst dwaddling her finger in a playful manner, she took the statue's hands and gently led it towards the hallway to the south.

Once she knows what that muffled noise is, she could make her choice of how to go about this. At worse, she had oil flasks and alchemists fire. Plenty if it.

Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: A Bad Idea on Jul 21, 2017, 10:05 PM
Lai Shan, Room 8:
You notice another door on the East wall, a small non-descript black door that almost blends into the shadows.
Spoiler: show
"Lune Litheriyen, eh?" the lizardwoman mummy says as she writes it down. "Pleased to meet you! Linneax Gruel, Reptile Archive Times!" She extends her withered hand with appealing professionalism. "It's been a while since I've had someone warm-blooded to interview. Would you mind?"

She looks over at the shell, then back at you. "As long as we're quiet, of course! Wouldn't want to wake young Subfoetens Torn, or his nurse will escort us out," she whispers, and begins to lean against the wall rather than sit. There is a creak like ripping stitches as she bends her knees slightly. Close-up you now see this mummy woman in full, bound in dried decayed linen. Her ribcage is exposed and stuffed with many tightly rolled scrolls of nice parchment.

"Ms. Litheriyen--may I call you Lune? Lune, where are you from, and what brings you to the Maze today? Scholarly pursuits, I bet? Are you hoping to score big, like so many young hopefuls before you? The competition is heating up, you know! Are you traveling alone?" Ms. Gruel's mouth hangs agape in anticipation of the answers.

The little mutant baby (apparently "Subfoetens Torn" according to Ms. Gruel) gurgles lightly in the coils of the shell.


Lai Shan in Room 8
Spoiler: show

Lai Shan bowed graciously and began her tale...

"I am so glad you asked! You see, I am not any ordinary scholar, but an academic scion of the esteemed Litheriyen family! Our family is the leading expert in the field of history and culture predating the Great Fall, and part of this study is to take a hands-on approach to uncover the mysteries of old. As a student of this most treasured history, I am tasked with initiation into the higher echelons of academia. And part of this involves a quest to acquire a relic of great value, knowledge, and history! Might you know of anything in this complex that might serve my purpose?"

[OOC: Deception 1d20+3 = (10)+3 = 13]
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Bobo on Jul 21, 2017, 10:24 PM
OOC:
Con check to keep concentration on Detect Magic: @Aaron Khuulurgrek Grok:  1d20+2  = (16)+2 = 18

Aaron stumbles to his feet, rushing to get out of the way as the shadow pits swivel around to meet him. Too late, he puts the pieces together to remember what it was that Yoshiko really said. Too late, he notices the way the shadows were just a little too deep. Too late, he rushes to avoid them. Too late, he scrambles away. His foot slips into the moving shadow, and as he trips yet again, the shadow continues to rotate, the floor materializing right where his foot should be.

The experience is oddly fascinating. Time slows to a near stand-still as the molecules making up flesh and blood are replaced with stone. Aaron feels his flesh separating effortlessly, not quite feeling the pain but observing a soft ripping sensation, like pulling a chunk out of a very light cake. He feels the sharp jab of cold stone against now-exposed nerve endings, feels the hot throb of blood surging out of veins and arteries suddenly open to the air, feels the gut-churning grind of bone on the hard ground. Half-rolling, half-falling, Aaron escapes the radius of the shadows' path and slumps against the wall. He pants heavily, calling upon his feral ancestry to carry him through the pain and summoning his years of careful studying to keep himself focused and lucid despite the black flashes threatening to close in on his vision.

Too preoccupied to call out for help, Aaron prays for his companions to come to his aid quickly. He quickly pulls out his blanket and waterskin, cleaning the wound as well as he can (it's oddly clean already, to his surprise) and binding it up with several strips of cloth. He knows it's probably not enough to save him, but hopefully it will help somehow.

OOC: Medicine: @Aaron Khuulurgrek Grok:  1d20-1  = (7)-1 = 6
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Dechado on Jul 21, 2017, 11:20 PM
Bonus;
OOC Luis thoughts:
"Senpai called me a dog, but I am a wolf. That's okay, because she finally noticed me"
"Oh wait. My best friend is dying. Shit"

Before Sovereign could finish calling him, Sparkly had already dropped his backpack and was now holding his Healer's Kit to help Aaron. Adrenaline making him run faster than usual.

Guided by instinct, he slid nearby their bugbear companion. "It's alright, bud. I got you" He said, as he took out the tools from his bag, and attended the injured one.
"Stay with me, bichoso*, can't have you losing conciousness right now"

Maybe in another instance, Luis would have laughed at Aaron's poor attempt of bandaging himself up, but he was too focused on getting him patched up. Once done, it seemed they could move to a safer place, away from the perilous shadows.

At that time, Luis thought he could carry him on his own but...

Luis' strength check
1d20-1 = (3)-1 = 2

Who was he kidding, even in this alerted state, his body wasn't able to push itself further to carry someone as a bugbear.
"S-Sovereign, I need a little help!"
Embarrasing, but he knew this wasn't about him, and wouldn't let his pride get in the way.

*Direct translation of bugbear; Luis' friendly nickname for Aaron.
Bicho = Bug
Oso = Bear
Bichoso
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: fukur0 on Jul 22, 2017, 12:08 AM
Seeing the poor bugbear lose his foot, Seth turned away from the sight. Blood and gore was not a foreign concept to him but it doesn't mean he could stomach it so easily all the time. However, he didn't expect Lady Chanterelle to witness the gruesome scene as well and tried to shield her with his cloak as she screamed.

"Don't let the sight overwhelm you. He'll be in good hands," the man says, trying to calm the priestess down. With whoever's left out there in the other room, he thinks Aaron will be in good hands. Maybe.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Ten Dead Kings on Jul 22, 2017, 10:36 AM
Standing over Aaron and Luis, Sovereign sheathes her sword for now and tries to drag the two out of the room with her free arm.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Bobo on Jul 22, 2017, 12:00 PM
OOC: Str/Athletics: @Aaron Khuulurgrek Grok:  1d20+2  = (15)+2 = 17

"Back off, guys," Aaron growled, waving away his companions, "I can take it from here."

His leg now properly bandaged and no longer bleeding out, Aaron gripped his maul tightly, hopping with his remaining foot until he was standing again.

"My gratitude, Bluis," he turned and nodded toward his friend, then shifted his attention toward the west door. "I believe the feline went that way. The north room our nautical hero is in has some... stipulations that I'd like to avoid, and the room to the east is going to be especially arduous in my current condition, so I plan on accompanying our companion to the west."

Aaron carefully skirted the edge of the room, avoiding the shadows' radius as they circled, and entered the west door, following after Yoshiko. As he entered this new room, he watched the glow of his Detect Magic spell and surveyed the room.

OOC: Perception: @Aaron Khuulurgrek Grok:  1d20-1  = (3)-1 = 2
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Q-Bit on Jul 22, 2017, 01:42 PM
Grok losing his foot was traumatic, but what could Truman do about it? He wasn't a medic, he didn't have the strength to carry him, and he didn't have the personality to soothe his mind. It frustrated him to no end.

Damn fool is lucky to be alive. THIS is why we need to be sticking together, THIS is why we need to work as a team. These people need guidance.

Truman decided to check in on Lai Shan, make sure she hadn't sprung any deathtraps. He trusted her judgement, but if the smartest member of the team could lose a foot so casually, Truman didn't want to take any chances.

Truman peered into the staircase room, and took note of the position of the bodies on the... floor. Ideas started forming in his head, and soon he had a plan of attack. Tying a rope around a nearby sconce, Truman effortlessly rappelled down toward the door opposite him. Upon inspection, the door was locked, fueling Truman's curiosity.

OOC: Truman's Thieves' Tools roll
@Q-Bit:  1d20+6  = (8)+6 = 14

Unlocking it was easy enough. Truman opened the door just a crack, taking a peek at what was inside.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Ten Dead Kings on Jul 22, 2017, 07:18 PM
"Fine by me," Sovereign said, letting the bugbear go. She then went back to what she was doing earlier in [Room 3], which is going to investigate the [open North Entrance].
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: GPS-Device on Jul 22, 2017, 10:29 PM
Sharis stopped and looked in the direction of the commotion, seeing the grizzly sight, wincing slightly at Ashen's scream.

"Worry not, Fair lady, for the Bugbear will be fine. His reflexes might have dulled from his studies, but he it still more a warrior than most. Something like that will not stop him."

Sharis turns back to facing the mosaic room, smiling, placing his maul back in it's resting place on his back.

"I trust that this will properly inform the group the real dangers we face in the challenge before us. Now, I suppose, let us dawdle no longer."

Taking a squared stance, Sharis slaps his hands against his chest, and begins to move forward, dancing, each step a harsh movement, as if fighting an opponent only he could see.

 Sharis spends an inspiration point on the attempt
1d20+1  = (5)+1 = 6
1d20+1 = (1)+1 = 2 <NOT USING THAT ONE
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 23, 2017, 02:16 PM
(http://imgur.com/SPZd24N.jpg)

Yoshiko, moving from Room 28 to 29/30:
Spoiler: show

Yoshiko slipped down and out of the statue's embrace. Clicking her tongue whilst dwaddling her finger in a playful manner, she took the statue's hands and gently led it towards the hallway to the south.

Once she knows what that muffled noise is, she could make her choice of how to go about this. At worse, she had oil flasks and alchemists fire. Plenty if it.
The statue follows as you lead it to the South hall, where you find a room with a bench carved from natural stone. The bench is made for two, and the statue gently pulls you towards it, wanting to sit. There are no vines here, save the ones that continue to extend from the statue room, dangling from your dance partner's body.

The room to the East is blocked by fallen shelving units, but in the dark room beyond there is a large, lumpy, grunting thing that wants to get out. For a brief moment you think you hear it whisper in Common, but it mostly grunts.

Please make a raw WIS save to resist sitting on the bench.



Aaron, entering Room 28:
Spoiler: show

Aaron carefully skirted the edge of the room, avoiding the shadows' radius as they circled, and entered the west door, following after Yoshiko. As he entered this new room, he watched the glow of his Detect Magic spell and surveyed the room.
OOC: Perception: @Aaron Khuulurgrek Grok:  1d20-1  = (3)-1 = 2
You see animated vines creeping up from the broken floor, and a vibrant, living magic coursing through them. They seem to be interacting quite intimately with the black memorial statues standing here.

You see Yoshiko turn a corner at the far end of the room, wrapped in the embrace of an animated statue.


Lai Shan, Room 8:
Spoiler: show

"I am so glad you asked! You see, I am not any ordinary scholar, but an academic scion of the esteemed Litheriyen family! Our family is the leading expert in the field of history and culture predating the Great Fall, and part of this study is to take a hands-on approach to uncover the mysteries of old. As a student of this most treasured history, I am tasked with initiation into the higher echelons of academia. And part of this involves a quest to acquire a relic of great value, knowledge, and history! Might you know of anything in this complex that might serve my purpose?"
[OOC: Deception 1d20+3 = (10)+3 = 13]
(http://i.imgur.com/wq6nRTZ.jpg)
Linneax Gruel takes down your information eagerly, but hesitates when you ask her for some intel. "Asking me a question?" She cranes her neck, leaning closer to you.

"Oh--OH! Am I being interviewed? How novel! I've never been interviewed." Her decayed expressionless  face seems to smile, somehow. "Let's see...valuables eh? I'd suggest you go North-and-West to see the Gallery, and North-and-East to see the Medusa's private collection. Oh, and if you ever want to visit me, come by the Archive! We're just North of the Gallery!"

The baby, Subfoetens Torn, begins to stir, and Ms. Gruel frowns. "The Prince is waking. Oh dear...we'd best leave quickly...oh, I knew I was pushing my luck! The first time in one hundred years I venture out of the Archive, and now I shall die all over again. Well, at least I'm in good company." She pats your hand.


Truman, in Room 4, scouting Room 174:
Spoiler: show

OOC: Truman's Thieves' Tools roll
@Q-Bit:  1d20+6  = (8)+6 = 14
Unlocking it was easy enough. Truman opened the door just a crack, taking a peek at what was inside.
You see a large cloakroom, with cupboards and closets, and a table with rotten hors d'oeuvres. A 3-foot tall figure waddling mechanically around the front of the room notices the door open and approaches.
(http://i.imgur.com/SGbiBtW.jpg)
"You're late, sir! Come on in, come on in! Please present your Invitation and come on in! Gifts to the right, in the buffet room! And may we take your coat?" The obviously clockwork peacock gestures to non-present assistants and awaits your response. "The majority of the guests have been here for approximately...approximately..."

The mechanical bird pauses and jerks, then returns to his spiel. ""You're late, sir! Come on in..."

In the far corner of the room, you see the ghost boy appear where the hallways diverge. He stands with his hands neatly folded in front of him.


Sovereign, entering Room 6:
Spoiler: show

"Fine by me," Sovereign said, letting the bugbear go. She then went back to what she was doing earlier in [Room 3], which is going to investigate the [open North Entrance].
There is a scraping sound in this dimly lit room. Metal on stone. A shadowy figure approaches. It is very old man with a royal seal sewn to his chest. The man looks very weak, and has been run through by three bastard swords. The points of the swords emerge from him at all angles. When the old man exhales, he breathes flickering neon gases that briefly illuminate the room before fading.
(http://i.imgur.com/4mpQyNc.jpg)

"Please help me, young maiden," he says to you with outstretched arms. "I am King Sanguifluus Torn, born old and never to die. Only you can grant this old sinner his death. Please...kill me..."

The is an open hall to the immediate West and a closed stone door to the North.



Sharis, dancing across Room 7:
Spoiler: show

Taking a squared stance, Sharis slaps his hands against his chest, and begins to move forward, dancing, each step a harsh movement, as if fighting an opponent only he could see.
 Sharis spends an inspiration point on the attempt
1d20+1  = (5)+1 = 6
1d20+1 = (1)+1 = 2 <NOT USING THAT ONE
The mural Cyanoxantha comes to life. She stretches outward from the wall, looming over Sharis and watching his dance. She is a twisting, serpentine figure made of mosaic tiles, and her face animates with ghoulish pleasure at his rustic performance.

She looks to the doorway to await the next participant.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: fukur0 on Jul 23, 2017, 03:16 PM
Seth puts away his longbow and takes out a dagger in return. He steps away from Ashen as to not freak her out from what was going happen.

"Dear, I suggest you go on and sing us a tune if you're not willing to do this."

Suddenly Seth stabs his left hand, wincing a bit. He holds his hand to keep the blood from spilling too much, waiting for Ashen pass through the door.

@fukuro: 1d4 = (2) = 2
Seth takes 2 damage.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Ten Dead Kings on Jul 23, 2017, 03:56 PM
Sovereign, entering Room 6:
Quote from: Mister Kent

Spoiler: show

As much as it pleases Sovereign to finally have something to stab in this thrice-cursed maze, even she knows that randomly sticking her sword into people isn't the most prudent of choices. Usually.

"If three swords couldn't kill you," Sovereign says, while trying to unsheathe her sword as slowly as she possibly can, "what makes you think mine can, Your Highness?"

As she waits for a response, Sovereign tries to remember if she's heard of this so-called King before.

@Ten Dead Kings:  1d20  = (12) = 12 [History]

Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 23, 2017, 05:04 PM
Sovereign, Room 6:
Spoiler: show
"If three swords couldn't kill you," Sovereign says, while trying to unsheathe her sword as slowly as she possibly can, "what makes you think mine can, Your Highness?"

As she waits for a response, Sovereign tries to remember if she's heard of this so-called King before.
@Ten Dead Kings:  1d20  = (12) = 12 [History]
You vaguely remember the name "Sanguifluus", some ancient tyrant, possibly connected to the Triarchy's reign, well before the last Armageddon. You remember overhearing some monks in a tavern mentioning going on a pilgrimage out past "the Fallen Citadel of Sanguifluus". You also remember most of a dumb old nursery rhyme:

The Bad Old King
Met Bad Old Knights
The Bad Old Knights
Fought the Bad King's fights
After one-thousand days
And one-thousand nights
The Bad Old King
Said "Kiss the Ring"

The Bad Old Knights
Became Bad Old Lords
The Bad Old Lords
Had Bad Old Swords
The Bad Old King
Ruled Bad Old Lands
With Black Demands
And Bloody Hands

The people of the Bad Old Lands
Thought power should be changing hands
They traveled for one-thousand days
Until they reached the Bloody Maze
They caught the King
And trapped his Friends
Bad Old Kings
Meet Bad Old Ends


The King huffs another flickering sigh, this one staticky and golden, lighting up like electric before dissipating. "No, girl," he says weakly. He accidentally scrapes a sword tip against the stone wall, and he winces. "I have enough swords within me, as well as the restless ghosts of my loyal knights. No, what I need is to have these swords extracted--only then can I truly die."

"Cursed with my mother's immortality, I served her kingdom, but not well, I'm afraid. I foolishly led our people into war, and am forever damned by the Medusa for it..."


Seth, entering Room 7:
Spoiler: show

"Dear, I suggest you go on and sing us a tune if you're not willing to do this."

Suddenly Seth stabs his left hand, wincing a bit. He holds his hand to keep the blood from spilling too much, waiting for Ashen pass through the door.
@fukuro: 1d4 = (2) = 2
Seth takes 2 damage.
Ashen composes herself, flinches as you bleed, then clears her throat. She strides beneath Cyanoxantha's gaze, singing a song (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVYTzauIb_4).

It seems to pease Cyanoxantha, who looks to you eagerly.


Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: A Bad Idea on Jul 23, 2017, 05:26 PM
Lai Shan, Room 8:
Spoiler: show

"I am so glad you asked! You see, I am not any ordinary scholar, but an academic scion of the esteemed Litheriyen family! Our family is the leading expert in the field of history and culture predating the Great Fall, and part of this study is to take a hands-on approach to uncover the mysteries of old. As a student of this most treasured history, I am tasked with initiation into the higher echelons of academia. And part of this involves a quest to acquire a relic of great value, knowledge, and history! Might you know of anything in this complex that might serve my purpose?"
[OOC: Deception 1d20+3 = (10)+3 = 13]
(http://i.imgur.com/wq6nRTZ.jpg)
Linneax Gruel takes down your information eagerly, but hesitates when you ask her for some intel. "Asking me a question?" She cranes her neck, leaning closer to you.

"Oh--OH! Am I being interviewed? How novel! I've never been interviewed." Her decayed expressionless  face seems to smile, somehow. "Let's see...valuables eh? I'd suggest you go North-and-West to see the Gallery, and North-and-East to see the Medusa's private collection. Oh, and if you ever want to visit me, come by the Archive! We're just North of the Gallery!"

The baby, Subfoetens Torn, begins to stir, and Ms. Gruel frowns. "The Prince is waking. Oh dear...we'd best leave quickly...oh, I knew I was pushing my luck! The first time in one hundred years I venture out of the Archive, and now I shall die all over again. Well, at least I'm in good company." She pats your hand.


Lai Shan in Room 8
Spoiler: show
"But of course! I would not wish to overstay my welcome, and so I must depart! You have been of great aid to me, and it has been my honor to make your acquaintance!"

With a theatrical flourish and a bow, Lai Shan deftly and quietly exited the room heading northward.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Jul 23, 2017, 08:20 PM
Yoshiko, Room 29/30
Spoiler: show

resist vs sitting on bench: 1d20+2  = (10)+2 = 12

Yoshiko looked at the bench and her courtier's offer to sit. It seemed harmless. Comfortable really. Like nothing could go wrong. However, something about this felt a little awkward for her. Especially with the grunting thing at the next room. Especially. Did it just speak?

Needless to say, she thought it best to delay it for a bit, instead offering it to sit first, as she began to yell at the huge lump, knowing the statues wouldn't understand her.

"AY, Y'ALRIGH N'THERE LAD? Y'KNOW W'SUP W'TH VINES AN' STATUES 'ERE?"

Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: fukur0 on Jul 23, 2017, 10:26 PM
Seth, entering Room 7:
Spoiler: show

"Dear, I suggest you go on and sing us a tune if you're not willing to do this."

Suddenly Seth stabs his left hand, wincing a bit. He holds his hand to keep the blood from spilling too much, waiting for Ashen pass through the door.
@fukuro: 1d4 = (2) = 2
Seth takes 2 damage.
Ashen composes herself, flinches as you bleed, then clears her throat. She strides beneath Cyanoxantha's gaze, singing a song (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVYTzauIb_4).

It seems to pease Cyanoxantha, who looks to you eagerly.


Spoiler: show
As Ashen made her move and sang her song, Seth went to move forward into the next room ahead. He allowed the blood to spill from his hand and held his palm towards Cyanoxantha's gaze to show that the wound was genuine. He hoped it was enough blood to satisfy the mural and that he didn't have to do anything else drastic.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Ten Dead Kings on Jul 24, 2017, 12:21 AM
Sovereign, Room 6:
Spoiler: show
"If three swords couldn't kill you," Sovereign says, while trying to unsheathe her sword as slowly as she possibly can, "what makes you think mine can, Your Highness?"

As she waits for a response, Sovereign tries to remember if she's heard of this so-called King before.
@Ten Dead Kings:  1d20  = (12) = 12 [History]
You vaguely remember the name "Sanguifluus", some ancient tyrant, possibly connected to the Triarchy's reign, well before the last Armageddon. You remember overhearing some monks in a tavern mentioning going on a pilgrimage out past "the Fallen Citadel of Sanguifluus". You also remember most of a dumb old nursery rhyme:

The Bad Old King
Met Bad Old Knights
The Bad Old Knights
Fought the Bad King's fights
After one-thousand days
And one-thousand nights
The Bad Old King
Said "Kiss the Ring"

The Bad Old Knights
Became Bad Old Lords
The Bad Old Lords
Had Bad Old Swords
The Bad Old King
Ruled Bad Old Lands
With Black Demands
And Bloody Hands

The people of the Bad Old Lands
Thought power should be changing hands
They traveled for one-thousand days
Until they reached the Bloody Maze
They caught the King
And trapped his Friends
Bad Old Kings
Meet Bad Old Ends


The King huffs another flickering sigh, this one staticky and golden, lighting up like electric before dissipating. "No, girl," he says weakly. He accidentally scrapes a sword tip against the stone wall, and he winces. "I have enough swords within me, as well as the restless ghosts of my loyal knights. No, what I need is to have these swords extracted--only then can I truly die."

"Cursed with my mother's immortality, I served her kingdom, but not well, I'm afraid. I foolishly led our people into war, and am forever damned by the Medusa for it..."


Spoiler: show

"Your sins mean nothing to me, old King," Sovereign says coldly, "However, undeath is an affront to the natural turning of the Planes. Before I end your torment, tell me more about this Medusa; who or what kind of being is she to have the power to inflict this curse on you, and how?"

As she's talking, Sovereign circles around the King, trying to examine the swords and the best method to pull them out.

"Who else has met their un-end in this maze as you did?"


Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Bobo on Jul 24, 2017, 12:01 PM
For a moment, Aaron's curiosity gave way to the frustration that was really starting to kick in just about now. This fucking maze had just taken his foot, and he was not in the mood for any kind of funny business with these vines and statues. Dropping his Detect Magic spell, which really hadn't helped him that much anyway, Aaron summoned the elements to Create Bonfire on the nearest set of vines. His focus was a little clouded, so it wasn't so much a bonfire as it was a Scout Kids' campfire, but hopefully it would be enough to at least dissuade the vines from attempting to involve him in their nonsense.

OOC: Create Bonfire dmg: @Aaron Khuulurgrek Grok:  1d8  = (1) = 1 (must roll a Dex save DC 12 or take all that damage wow so much; also if the vines enter the flames or end their turn there, they'll take an additional 1d8 damage until Aaron ends the spell)
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Q-Bit on Jul 25, 2017, 02:35 PM
Spoiler: show
Truman paused a moment.

"Invitation... remind me, what is the protocol for a lost or stolen invitation?"

He didn't quite expect any kind of coherent response from the mechanical bird, he decided simply asking it a question was worth a shot.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Dechado on Jul 25, 2017, 05:12 PM
Just as he was going back to retrieve his backpack he had thrown aside to help his bleeding friend, Luis barely managed to see how Sovereign and Aaron had decided each to head to a different room.

"Guys, but what about keeping the group together..." The sudden spark of adrenaline had ended, and his body was now in a recovering state. He Currently didn't have the energy of shouting to be heard by them. He groaned, as he picked up his stuff.

As  much as he'd like to be with Sovereign, it'd be best to follow Aaron; While already patched up, he shouldn't push himself too hard. And maybe since they were friends, Luis could persuade the bugbear to slow down and rest.

Knowing what the Shadow Trap was about, he stayed close to the walls, until he stopped at the door Aaron was.

"You sure you're alright, fuzzy? I know you are pretty strong and all but-..."
Sparkly stopped when he saw his friend cast a spell.
"What are you doing, what's in here?"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 25, 2017, 09:48 PM
(http://imgur.com/64XBRxv.jpg)

Truman, Room 174:
Spoiler: show

The mechanical peacock clicks disapprovingly. "Lost invitation? My, how careless of you! Well, you simply must have an invitation--or, the alternative would be to have a guest vouch for you." The bird leans closer suspiciously. "The Chancellor is trying to run a tight ship here, and all guests should be on time!"

The ghost boy lingers in the back, occasionally looking over his shoulder down the hall. There is a distant scream he seems slightly concerned about, but is maintaining his calm.


Lai Shan/Sharis/Seth, with Ashen, Room 9:
Spoiler: show

Lai Shan:
Linneax gently waves as you step upon a rope bridge to the North room. After you get a few steps out on the bridge you feel hear a muffled screaming from the room you just left.

You emerge from Subfoeten's room into a cavernous chamber consisting of rope bridges spanning a dark chasm. There are some torches dotting the North wall, but without more light it is impossible to tell how deep the crevasse beneath you actually is.

You spy another rope bridge to the West, and Sharis, Seth, and Ashen walk onto it from another room. Linneax seems delighted to see more subjects to interview. There is another bridge even further West.

Seth/Sharis:
Cyanoxantha seems pleased with your participation, and sinks back towards her East wall, not flattening into it completely but instead floating eerily one foot in front of the surface. She keeps her bulging eyes watchful for the fourth person to pass through.

You emerge from the mosaic room into a cavernous room consisting of rope bridges spanning a dark chasm. There are some torches dotting the North wall, but without more light it is impossible to tell how deep the crevasse beneath you actually is.

There is a rope bridge heading directly North from you, and there converge two other rope bridges, one to the West and one East. You see Lai Shan cautiously walking on the East bridge from another room.


Aaron/Luis, Room 28 AND Yoshiko, Room 29:
Spoiler: show

Aaron:
You hear a beastlike grunting South hall, where Yoshiko just walked, accompanied by a statue.

The tangles of vines are immediately damaged by the flames and curl back against the wall. The silent statues rush forward, their black expressionless faces masking murderous intent.

Luis:
Your canine senses pick up on the various rich smells in this garden room and the rooms beyond. Mostly sweet fragrances, rotting wood, but also some other mammalian presences.

Yoshiko, Room 29:
The romantic statue sits on the bench even when you decide against it. It pats the bench seat, clearly expecting you to succumb sooner rather than later.

The thing in (Room 30), which is barred by fallen debris, makes a host of sordid grunting sounds that would surely make your more demure teammates (or at least Luis) blush.

The creature presses its face to the dim edge of the barricaded entrance, its face about level with yours. The creature's body is that of a pot-bellied hog 5-feet high, with a fat sweaty human face and protruding horns. The creature's beady eyes blink at you.
(http://imgur.com/qroKmaC.jpg)

You begin to have flashes of vision--golden treasure troves, a lush private island, a nice little mansion to live out the rest of your days in comfort. You wonder if this creature knows how to acquire such things. You almost feel compelled to free the beast and find out...

In the next room, you hear a commotion, like something has agitated the statues. Your courtier statue rises from his seat and reaches towards you!

[OOC: Vines take 2 damage from Bonfire. Everyone roll Initiative please!
Bad Statue Initiative: @Mister Kent:  1d20  = (16) = 16)
Yoshiko, make a raw WIS save to resist removing the barricade from the grunting thing, which will take your first round).


Sovereign, Room 6:
Spoiler: show

King Sanguifluus grimaces as the three swords shift uncomfortably within his torso. The sword wounds do not bleed, and the blades themselves look like they can be easily removed from the King's body.

"The Medusa is timeless eons old, and has seen untold Armageddons sweep the World clean. I am not as old as she, but like her I am undying. Born of the Goddess Chronia Torn, one of the Triarchy, I do not cling to life! Life and I are merely stuck together," he laments.

"The Medusa destroyed my three most loyal servants, trapped their souls within me, and sealed them there with these swords. Removing the swords will free all of us from our misery." He groans again, more loudly.

"A word of warning," Sanguifluus adds in a quavering yet grandfatherly tone, as if having a sudden spontaneous moment of clarity from the pain, and reaches for your arm. "As you explore the Maze, you will see things of strange and terrible beauty, and things not of your world. The rooms and all their beings, torn from other places like cross-dimensional driftwood. Never wonder how such things came to exist in this Maze. To qualify for imprisonment in the Maze is to be a singularly dangerous entity, one that the Medusa has deemed a threat to the continued existence of the World out there. Vigilance, maiden! Do not be fooled!"

King Sanguifluus then lapses once more into ragged breaths and groans of pain.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 25, 2017, 10:47 PM
Aaron/Luis/Yoshiko, Rooms 28-30 INITIATIVE:
Spoiler: show

Luis @elgesugha:  1d20+1  = (18)+1 = 19
Id Pig @Mister Kent:  1d20 initiative = (19) = 19 << First round spent eagerly awaiting removal of debris
Bad Statues @Mister Kent:  1d20  = (16) = 16 << These statues clearly want to mangle you all with their misshapen fists
Yoshiko @Jiisuri:  1d20+4 initiative = (7)+4 = 11 << First round used pawing at the creature's barricade
Aaron @Aaron Khuulurgrek Grok:  1d20  = 8 = 8

Yoshiko's WIS check vs the Id Pig @Jiisuri:  1d20+4 initiative = (7)+4 = 11
STR check on barricade @Jiisuri:  1d20+1  = (5)+1 = 6
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Ten Dead Kings on Jul 25, 2017, 11:13 PM
(http://imgur.com/64XBRxv.jpg)

Sovereign, Room 6:
Spoiler: show

King Sanguifluus grimaces as the three swords shift uncomfortably within his torso. The sword wounds do not bleed, and the blades themselves look like they can be easily removed from the King's body.

"The Medusa is timeless eons old, and has seen untold Armageddons sweep the World clean. I am not as old as she, but like her I am undying. Born of the Goddess Chronia Torn, one of the Triarchy, I do not cling to life! Life and I are merely stuck together," he laments.

"The Medusa destroyed my three most loyal servants, trapped their souls within me, and sealed them there with these swords. Removing the swords will free all of us from our misery." He groans again, more loudly.

"A word of warning," Sanguifluus adds in a quavering yet grandfatherly tone, as if having a sudden spontaneous moment of clarity from the pain, and reaches for your arm. "As you explore the Maze, you will see things of strange and terrible beauty, and things not of your world. The rooms and all their beings, torn from other places like cross-dimensional driftwood. Never wonder how such things came to exist in this Maze. To qualify for imprisonment in the Maze is to be a singularly dangerous entity, one that the Medusa has deemed a threat to the continued existence of the World out there. Vigilance, maiden! Do not be fooled!"

King Sanguifluus then lapses once more into ragged breaths and groans of pain.


Spoiler: show

INSIGHT @Ten Dead Kings:  1d20+1  = (20)+1 = 21

Despite the King's appearance in this strange maze, Sovereign feels that he is not trying to be deceptive. She comes closer to him, and lays a hand on the pommel of one of the swords. "Very well. I will grant you your wish. But I have one final question: If I do pull out all three of these swords, and you still stand, how does one kill the son of a god?"

At the end of the sentence, Sovereign grips handle and pulls out a sword.

"You do want to die, correct?"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Dechado on Jul 26, 2017, 11:13 AM
Luis' Initiative roll
1d20+1 = (18)+1 = 19
Mister Kent -
Luis is fastdawg
elgesugha -
Gotta sparkle fast
[/sub]

"Ugh, do you smell that?" Luis expressedin disgust "There are a lot of odors in here. Not all pleasant... And... I think Cat? It's the most faint one"

Before he could continue monologuing at his buddy, a weird loud low pitched moaning sound filled Luis's ears, which he reacted by flinching and shivering, clearly uncomfortable.

(https://68.media.tumblr.com/91cfd775097b05f69c5874e90ee3be4c/tumblr_otpizcUGKi1qibw26o1_r1_500.jpg)

"Had that been Yoshiko? No... She has a way different tone. Wait, do cats make low sounds when-"

"You know. On second thought. I think I'll stay out here and-"
Spotting some humanoid sturdy-looking... Rocks? Adorned with long thin vines, with a menacing gesture that were moving towards him and Aaron, Sparkly took out his dagger.

"[Resistencia]" He said as he touched the back of the bugbear.

Spoiler: show

Resistance
You touch one willing creature. Once before the spell ends, the target can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to one saving throw of its choice. It can roll the die before or after making the saving throw. The spell then ends.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: A Bad Idea on Jul 26, 2017, 04:39 PM
Lai Shan, Room 9

Spoiler: show
Lai Shan looks across the gap and spots Sharis, with Seth and Lady Chantrelle not far behind! Enthusiastically, she waves at them and hurries across the bridge to meet them.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 26, 2017, 06:25 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/9oRd8VK.jpg)
Aaron/Luis/Yoshiko, Rooms 28-30 INITIATIVE:
Spoiler: show

Luis @elgesugha:  1d20+1  = (18)+1 = 19
Id Pig @Mister Kent:  1d20 initiative = (19) = 19 << First round spent eagerly awaiting removal of debris
Bad Statues @Mister Kent:  1d20  = (16) = 16 << These statues clearly want to mangle you all with their misshapen fists
Yoshiko @Jiisuri:  1d20+4 initiative = (7)+4 = 11 << First round used pawing at the creature's barricade
Aaron @Aaron Khuulurgrek Grok:  1d20  = 8 = 8

Yoshiko's WIS check vs the Id Pig @Jiisuri:  1d20+4 initiative = (7)+4 = 11
STR check on barricade @Jiisuri:  1d20+1  = (5)+1 = 6

Aaron/Luis/Yoshiko, Rooms 28-30:
Spoiler: show

The beast in (Room 30) grumbles noisily as it waits for Yoshiko to remove the barricade of shelves preventing his release. His grunts gradually begin to turn into speech. "All of it can be yours," he snorts to Yoshiko confidently. "I will show you the way..."

The statues near launch an all-out attack, enraged by Aaron's fiery threat. While none of the stone foes land any meaningful blows on Aaron, one statue rounds the curved wall and pummels Luis square in the chest with his knobby rock fist. The attack hurts like hell (-4hp to Luis), but not enough to break the concentration on his Resistance spell.

The romantic statue near Yoshiko sees his feline would-be paramour distracted, and raises his fist--but cannot act, standing frozen as if afraid to strike her down.

Yoshiko has her back turned to the statue. Spurred on by the grunting pig-thing, she instinctively stoops over to remove the barricade from the beast, but paws at it ineffectually, finding the mass of debris too heavy for her lithe limbs to carry.

Bad Statue 5 @Mister Kent: 1d20+3 vsAaron = (9)+3 = 12
Bad Statue 6 @Mister Kent: 1d20+3 vsAaron = (4)+3 = 7
Bad Statue 4 @Mister Kent: 1d20+3 vsLuis = (16)+3 = 19
Damage @Mister Kent: 1d8 vsLuis = (4) = 4
@elgesugha: 1d20+2 = (14)+2 = 16 >> Luis maintains concentration!
BS3 moves North, BS2 moves South
Bad Statue 1 @Mister Kent: 1d20+3 vsYoshiko = (1)+3 = 4

Aaron's turn, then we begin again!

Sovereign, Room 6:
Spoiler: show

"I assure you," Sanguifluus insists, "My life will end as these swords are removed. And yes, yes, I want that more than anything. My knights, the vaporized thanes, might be more stubborn. You may have to put them down more forcefully. Please locate my mother just north of us within the Maze, and tell her I am at peace." He painfully exhales another flicker of glowing gas, and his eyes well up with tears.
 
As you go to grip a sword, you see the three swords have different patterned hilts. One is rust-colored metal etched like grapevines, the pommel resembling a bunch of grapes. One is gold-plated with a pommel shaped like a little crown. The last sword's hilt is an ashen pewter color, shaped like a tree.
 
(Which sword are you removing?)

Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Bobo on Jul 26, 2017, 07:09 PM
"My apologies," Aaron said, shifting his weight onto Luis as he took a big swing at the statue attacking his friend. Even with the power of friendship driving Aaron's maul, his newly unbalanced body and throbbing stump kept him from being able to land a proper hit. His maul glanced off of the statue as he swore under his breath.

OOC:
Original attack roll: @Aaron Khuulurgrek Grok:  1d20+4  = (5)+4 = 9
Inspiration attack roll: @Aaron Khuulurgrek Grok:  1d20+4  = (5)+4 = 9
woo
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Ten Dead Kings on Jul 26, 2017, 10:53 PM
Spoiler: show

Sovereign goes for the gold-plated one first.

Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: GPS-Device on Jul 27, 2017, 02:03 AM
Sharis steps forward on the rope bridge with little hesitation.

"Well, it looks like there are many roads to our destination. Fantastic! We can charge forward even more confidently!"

Sharis laughs, pressing ever forward.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Dechado on Jul 27, 2017, 02:05 AM
Caught off guard, he yelped as he felt the punch hit him directly. "[*swearing in Sylvan*]" He somehow was able to endure the pain, and keep concentrating on assiting his friend.
"Aaron... A little help?" He puffed. But wasn't able to react in time as the bugbear leaned on him for support. "Wh-Wha-!?"

Luis' Strength check
1d20-1 = (3)-1 = 2

"Hurk!"

Maybe it had been the Power of Friendship that had allowed him to be able to hold the bigger one. Luis wasn't exactly known for his physical power.
Or maybe the envy he had towards Sharis fueled him to push himself further. The Triton sure would have a laugh looking at him struggling to keep up.
Heck, it could even be he was impulsed by the anger he felt towards Seth.

Whichever it was, it was working.

...


Who are you kidding Luis, of course it isn't.


"Bichoso... I-..." He started trembling, his legs were ready to give up.

No...
Aaron was in a lot of pain, and was exceeding his limit already. Sparkly couldn't ask him to avoid using him to balance his weight.

"[Fucking shit...]" He inhaled.

"[Monomythica, hear my plea!]"

His fur started glowing, emanating some kind of blue colored energy. This ethereal substance quickly shaped into a overly-sized book and a pen resembling a sword. These weapons took an agressive stance, and positioned themselves next to Aaron

"Alright... Now we are talking..." He panted "Let's go, fuzzbear"

Luis gestured his hand, ordering the Pencil to attack.

1d20+4 = (12)+4 = 16
 
Spoiler: show
Spiritual Weapon
You create a floating, spectral weapon within range that lasts for the duration or until you cast this spell again. When you cast the spell, you can make a melee spell attack against a creature within 5 feet of the weapon. On a hit, the target takes 1d8 force damage + your spellcasting ability modifier.

As a bonus action on your turn, you can move the weapon up to 20 feet and repeat the attack against a creature within 5 feet of it.

The weapon can take whatever form you choose.

Note: The strength check was for fun.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 27, 2017, 09:44 PM
Truman, Room 174:
Spoiler: show

The mechanical peacock returns to the center of the room next to the food table. You can notice that amidst the rotten food sits a cheap-looking bottle of white wine. It wobbles as the peacock's fanned tail knocks into the table.

Someone down the hall shouts: "SQUAWKsquawkSQUACK! THEY'RE RIGHT ON OUR TAILS-OKU!"

Three masked figures run frantically into the room from the East. They are humanoid bodies wearing bird masks, and they squawk and chirp like birds as well. They are in such a rush they run right through the ghost boy, which startles him terribly.
(http://i.imgur.com/KVp0CTL.jpg)

The figure in front has a jaunty cap and shouts through her bird mask's open beak. "We got the stuff-oku! They're on our tails! Help us-oku!" Dangling from her right hand you see a large ornate key on a silver chain.

The ghost boy looks down the hall at what pursues them, screams silently, and vanishes. A pulsating golden glow looms closer from the East.

"Thieves!" the peacock shouts disdainfully and flaps his metal wings. "Pitiful excuses for birds!"

The bird-masked trio mean to run by you into (Room 4). "Come with us and we'll cut you in on the big score-oku!" the leader bird implores you.


Sovereign, Room 6:
Spoiler: show

You slide the crowned sword from the bloodless wound, and hear Sanguifluus sigh in relief. As he sighs, a static neon cloud puffs out of the sword wound, flickering staccato like a projected wraith. The sword tingles in your hand, and you instantly feel so much cooler (+1 CHA).

"My sssword," the cloud hisses, then rises to the ceiling where it remains, hovering and watching you.

Sanguifluus drops to his knees. "Yes, keep going!" he pleads.


Sharis/Seth/Lai Shan, with Ashen, Room 9:
Spoiler: show

Gathered together on the small semi-circular landing north of the bridges, you stand in the doorway to the next chamber (Room 10). You see what looks almost like a game room, with an over-sized chess set in the middle and a few random toys strewn about (hoola hoop, wooden ball, croquet mallet). Sitting in the room is a 4-foot long creature best described as a "child-snake", gibbering and cooing and chewing on something he's probably not supposed to put in his mouth. In his left hand he holds a wooden sword with edges smoothed for safety. He also has a little patchwork pouch at his side.
(http://i.imgur.com/Ws5hY8F.png)

Around the edges of the room, 4 masked men  straighten up after the child-snake, putting toys in their place and relighting extinguished torches. The child-snake playfully snaps at them if they venture too close, but doesn't seem interested in hurting them.

Three of the men have youthful athletic bodies, the fourth is older but no less fit. They carry shoulder-bags and torches. Their papier-mache masks are the faces frumpy plain-faced women.

Ashen nudges Sharis but speaks so Seth and Lai Shan can hear. "Those are the "bondees" I told you about, used to come to clean my room. Seems to be their sole function in the Maze. The "Bondye Reparate..."
(http://i.imgur.com/DiZFQc4.png)

The wide room has two open doorways on the North wall. The next room to the Northwest seems dark, while the room to the Northeast is brightly lit.


Aaron/Luis/Yoshiko, Rooms 28-30, ROUND TWO:
Spoiler: INITIATIVE • show

(http://i.imgur.com/tNgm5Hi.jpg)
Luis (attacked)
Id Pig
Bad Statues 1-6
Yoshiko
Aaron

Spoiler: show

Luis's spiritual weapon pierces the nearest statue's chest, causing a hairline crack. (Statue 4 -1hp)
@elgesugha:  1d20+4  = (12)+4 = 16
@Mister Kent:  1d8  = (1) = 1


Frustrated and enraged at Yoshiko's feeble attempt to free him, the fearsome creature lowers his horns and rams the barricade keeping him back. "The Id Pig must be freed!" he grunts as his horns smash the shelves into pieces. "Untold riches! Follow me to glory! The world is yours, you just don't know it yet..."

The enraged statues close in on the party, two stone attackers for each party member. The romantic statue still cannot bring itself to strike Yoshiko, but his companion rushes in from the North and clocks her in the gut (Yoshiko -5hp, 13/18hp). They refuse to harm Luis (still 21/25hp) as his holy floating book seems to diffuse their blows. Aaron doesn't fair as well, as the first enemy statue punches him in the ribs, and a second kicks him on his bloody stump (Aaron -10hp, 9/28hp).
@Mister Kent: 1d20+3 vsYoshiko = (3)+3 = 6
@Mister Kent: 1d20+3 vsYoshiko = (17)+3 = 20
@Mister Kent: 1d8 vsYoshiko = (5) = 5

@Mister Kent: 1d20+3 vsAaron = (18)+3 = 21
@Mister Kent: 1d8 = (5) = 5
@Mister Kent: 1d20+3 vsAaron = (18)+3 = 21
@Mister Kent: 1d8 = (5) = 5
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Jul 27, 2017, 10:01 PM
Yoshiko, room 29-30, audible from room 28
Spoiler: show

Something about what the pig said pissed Yoshiko off. It sounded enticing at first, riches and comfort. Anyone would like that. Anyone sane.

However, any conman would promise that. And this one was probably cheating with magic.

The punch in the gut from nearby simply helped her snap to her senses.

"Riches? Luxury? Interesting. Yess... but..."

She whipped out a flask of oil and dunked it onto the pig.

"Y'need t'learn bout negotiatin', y'big tub o'lard!"

Her hands moved quickly, retrieving and slapping a flask of alchemist's fire at the pig.

"Nah talk, y'horned swine! Y'make deals o' my terms, no tricks! Else i'not free y'from th' fire'ell an 'av bacon f'supper!"

In infernal
"Or would you prefer to talk in this tongue, you arrogant stinkhole!
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 27, 2017, 10:26 PM
Yoshiko, Rooms 29-30, audible from Room 28:
Spoiler: show

@Mister Kent:  1d4+5 burnpiggy = (4)+5 = 9

The Id Pig squeals and rages as the alchemists fire ignites the oil. The sizzling flesh has a sweet smell, and the creature shoves his fat face towards you.

(In Infernal)
"Curse upon you, hybrid! You'll die before you ever reach fulfillment!"

The Id Pig's flesh burns, but you can tell he's far from dead yet.

Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: A Bad Idea on Jul 28, 2017, 01:20 AM
Lai Shan in Room 9
Spoiler: show
Having crossed the bridge, Lai Shan regroups with the others and gives Ashen a big smile and a friendly wave.
"Good to see you here safe, Ms. Chantrelle. Likely so, in the company of our marine crusader and our shady woodsman!"

Lai Shan turns to look at Sharis. "Although if you're here, that must mean you're looking for a big fight, yeah?" Peering into the next room, Lai Shan observes the strange snake baby and its attendants.

"...not sure if that's the fight up ahead..."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: GPS-Device on Jul 28, 2017, 05:33 AM
Sharis, Room 10
Spoiler: show

Sharis looks around the room, taking stock of its inhabitants.

"So these are the cleaners then?"

He turns to face Lai Shan.

"I must agree. I was told the Medusa lie to the north, but it appears that not all in this maze is as threatening as I had hoped."

Sharis presses forward, heading toward the Northeast door, paying little mind to the Bondees or the Child Snake.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Bobo on Jul 28, 2017, 02:50 PM
Aaron/Luis/Yoshiko, Rooms 28-30, ROUND TWO:
Spoiler: show
Aaron doesn't fair as well, as the first enemy statue punches him in the ribs, and a second kicks him on his bloody stump (Aaron -10hp, 9/28hp).

@Mister Kent: 1d20+3 vsAaron = (18)+3 = 21
@Mister Kent: 1d8 = (5) = 5
@Mister Kent: 1d20+3 vsAaron = (18)+3 = 21
@Mister Kent: 1d8 = (5) = 5

After years of study focused on the art of Divination, Aaron's Third Eye has begun to form vague visions of the future. As the second statue extends its stony leg, this new companion in Aaron's mind activates, and he moves his leg just in time to avoid the attack.

As a Wizard trained in the School of Divination, Aaron is gifted with the Portent class feature, which allows him to replace an attack, save, or ability check roll with one of two d20 rolls I have pre-rolled. I replace the second statue's 18 with a 5, bringing its final value of 8 below Aaron's AC. I can use this feature once per turn and must have a long rest before I can roll another pair of d20's to apply using this feature again.

THAT'S IT, Aaron's anger begins to boil over. With a roar, he swings his maul toward the head of the statue that tried to kick his stump, narrowly missing as his rage engages.

Seriously, what the fuck.
@Aaron Khuulurgrek Grok:  1d20+4  = (8)+4 = 12
@Aaron Khuulurgrek Grok:  1d20+4 inspiration = (7)+4 = 11

EDIT: Forgot about someone important!
@Aaron Khuulurgrek Grok:  1d20+1 Owl Initiative = (15)+1 = 16

As Aaron bursts into rage mode, a tiny ball of fluff flies out of his hood. Look! It's Owl, Aaron's fey familiar! Only 5 inches tall and almost as wide, Owl looks like a ball of lint next to the hulking bugbear it calls Father. Well, it calls him "Who," but that's Owl for "Father."

Owl flaps its sleepy wings. Good morning, Owl! The day has already begun! You've missed a lot! Owl hoots quietly at Aaron. Hello, Who! Owl flaps its wings once more, and it has begun a great adventure through the maze! Owl leaves the room. It floats over the shadow-pits with ease. It hoots happily. Owl dives into the door to the north of the shadow-pit room. Where is sword mage? Help Owl find Sovereign!
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 28, 2017, 03:40 PM
Aaron, Room 28:
Spoiler: show
You are now 5hp up, so 14/28 hp.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Dechado on Jul 28, 2017, 03:54 PM
"Wait... Was that cat?"

Luis' Strength check
1d20-1 = (1)-1 = 0
ARE YOU SERIOUS

"Ghu-ah!" Luis lost balance as his friend tried to attack one of the statues, making both of them fall. Thankfully, Aaron fell on him, taking no damage to his hurting limb. "Bichoso, I know you're angry and all, but I am the one carrying you! I am not the strongest one of the bunch!" He complained, as he huffed.

"Well... Since we are down here, might be a good idea trying to treat those nasty hits from the dumb stones attacking us"


"[Curar Heridas]" He spoke, while landing his hand softly on Aaron's fur.

Cure Wounds roll
1d8+ 2 = (2)+2 = 4


Sparkly's hand started glowing, as some energy mended some of the bugbears's bruises.

"[Palabra de Amor]" Luis continued.

...But nothing happened? The spell was supposed to be instantaneous, what was going on-

The canine's blood rushed to his cheeks, gasping with a loud "Oh shit!"
"[P-palabra de Sanacio'n!]"
You could clearly hear how the cleric facepalmed several times. Using a different curse word everytime he did.

Healing Word roll
1d4+2 = (2)+2 = 4


"Th-that... Should keep you going for a bit" He stammered "Could you please get off me now?" With a whine added, he said between teeth "And fuzzbear... Whatever you do, please don't look up what [Amor] means..."
 
Total HP healed = 8

Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: A Bad Idea on Jul 28, 2017, 04:20 PM
Lai Shan, Room 10
Spoiler: show
Remembering the location of the Medusa's Private Gallery, according to the mummified lizard, Lai Shan follows Sharis to the northeast exit.

[OOC: Exiting room 10 heading North East!]
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: fukur0 on Jul 28, 2017, 04:33 PM
Seth, Room 10:
Spoiler: show
Seth continues to trail behind Lai Shan towards the northeastern room. He keeps his eyes on the snake child and the attendants, making sure he's prepared if there's any random attacks happening while their backs are turned. 
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Q-Bit on Jul 28, 2017, 06:15 PM
Truman, Room 174:
Spoiler: show

The mechanical peacock returns to the center of the room next to the food table. You can notice that amidst the rotten food sits a cheap-looking bottle of white wine. It wobbles as the peacock's fanned tail knocks into the table.

Someone down the hall shouts: "SQUAWKsquawkSQUACK! THEY'RE RIGHT ON OUR TAILS-OKU!"

Three masked figures run frantically into the room from the East. They are humanoid bodies wearing bird masks, and they squawk and chirp like birds as well. They are in such a rush they run right through the ghost boy, which startles him terribly.
(http://i.imgur.com/KVp0CTL.jpg)

The figure in front has a jaunty cap and shouts through her bird mask's open beak. "We got the stuff-oku! They're on our tails! Help us-oku!" Dangling from her right hand you see a large ornate key on a silver chain.

The ghost boy looks down the hall at what pursues them, screams silently, and vanishes. A pulsating golden glow looms closer from the East.

"Thieves!" the peacock shouts disdainfully and flaps his metal wings. "Pitiful excuses for birds!"

The bird-masked trio mean to run by you into (Room 4). "Come with us and we'll cut you in on the big score-oku!" the leader bird implores you.
Truman, Room 174:
Spoiler: show
Truman knew trouble when he saw it, but he felt someone had to do something about the thieves. It was becoming clearer to him that what Lady Capilli told him was true,
that this place was not meant to be tampered with. Maybe the 'birds' would listen to reason, but if not, he readies his whip in one hand and a dagger in the other,
held firmly but not threateningly.

"Someone should make sure those three aren't up to no good. You're busy here, so I'll go ahead. I'll try to be quick."

Truman makes haste on his way toward the trio.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 28, 2017, 09:47 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/5KrYgHz.jpg)
Truman, Room 174:
Spoiler: show

The mechanical peacock chatters more in disgust. "Help! Those blasted Oku are back!" he calls to the glimmering lights down the hall.

The lead thief stands in front of you, jogging in place. "Let us through-oku!" she yells. "We got the KEY, man, don't you see? To the Medusa's Treasury! We'll split the take with you, but if we don't go right now, the aurum spectres will catch up and kill us all!"

Her two compatriots squawk excitedly. "Goldsouls on our six-oku!" the one with the quiver of arrows shrieks.


Sharis/Seth/Lai Shan, Room 9 to Room 10:
Spoiler: show

The Bondees cordially nod as you pass through. When finished with their work they prepare to move South. They leave a packet of dried rations behind in case you need it, setting it carefully in a little bowl on the floor.

"Hayyy," the slobbering child-snake says as each of you pass him by. "Wadoo?"

"Umventurers?" he asks quietly as he gnaws on his wooden sword. "Momma don' want umventurers in hur hoss. Nuhuh!" He coughs on his spit and throws his sword down. "Play with Gibba? Or Gibba come too?" He begins to slither after you slowly, the large rook-shaped knot in his stomach making it difficult.

When you reach the Northeast room (Room 10), you see a stark white room, bare on all sides. The only thing in this room is a quivering black line 6 inches thick. It quivers as you approach.

Sharis:
As the first to step on, you see the line shift beneath your feet. It takes the shape of a vivid picture, a scorching desert with no shelter, littered with the bones of warriors. The line is winding but unbroken, and the image is fairly simple, but you almost feel the dreadful heat of this scene. You know in the pit of your heart that the desert and the Maze are similar. Here, so far from the salty embrace of the sea, your people will never find your bones. Walking this line at a slow and steady pace will take only three minutes, thankfully.

Lai Shan:
When you approach the line, it forms the intricate image of a face well known and well feared--the stern face of Shura, the Syndicate trainer, in all his cold fury. This time the line traces every inch of his cruel and creaseless  face, his usual glare of disappointment and resentment watching your every step, waiting to call you on a missed move or failed tactic. You fight the urge to rage against his teachings, or crumple into a heap and sob. Even here in the Maze, you know you are not beyond the Syndicate's reach. To traverse the line will take about twenty-five minutes.

Seth:
You are presented with a homey scene--yourself, a loving spouse at your side, dear friends sitting down to a shared meal. Your crew members appear to visit, taking a place at your hearth, warmly sharing joyous stories of that time you all broke into this crazy Maze and royally fucked shit up. And you did it together. You know that this scene can never be--must never be! You can never know that warmth, that connection, because then you will have something to lose. You can't--WON'T lose anything else, never again. You shed a small tear as this dream dies in your heart, and you walk the line for thirteen minutes. You make the walk alone. This is the way it must always be, you remind yourself.

You all see Ashen cross, and her line takes the form of a chain. She can cross in five minutes.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 28, 2017, 10:43 PM
Sovereign, Room 6:
Spoiler: show
Aaron's owl approaches from the direction of Aaron, Luis, and Yoshiko. It frantically flutters and tries to get your attention.

Aaron/Luis/Yoshiko, Rooms 28-30, ROUND THREE:
Spoiler: show

INITIATIVE
Luis > 19 (healed Aaron)
Id Pig > 19
Owl > 16 (fetching Sovereign)
Bad Statues 1-6 > 16
Yoshiko > 11
Sovereign > 9
Aaron > 8

The vile creature proclaiming itself as the Id Pig bursts through the shattered remnant of his barricade and into (Room 29). It says nothing more, just laughs maniacally as the burning oil seeps into his flesh (-7hp). He screams as he thrusts his horns, cutting into Yoshiko's arm. The pig looks like he's getting weary...
@Mister Kent: 1d4+5 piggyburning = (2)+5 = 7
@Mister Kent: 1d20+4 piggyvskitty = (15)+4 = 19
@Mister Kent: 4d4 piggydamage = (1+4+1+2) = 8

Yoshiko -8, 5/18hp

Seeing the tabaxi in a vulnerable position, the #1 Stone Boyfriend Statue sees Statue-2 coming for Yoshiko and takes a swing. Statue-2 turns its attentions to the other statue, who seems to be overwhelmed with something, but neither can seem to harm the other.
@Mister Kent:  1d20+3 statueonstatue = (6)+3 = 9
@Mister Kent:  1d20+3 statueretaliation = (5)+3 = 8

The statues in (Room 28) continue their relentless assault on Aaron and Luis.
@Mister Kent:  1d20+3 vsLuis = (11)+3 = 14
@Mister Kent:  1d8 Luisdamage = (7) = 7
@Mister Kent:  1d20+3 vsLuis = (15)+3 = 18
@Mister Kent:  1d8 Luisdamage = (3) = 3

@Mister Kent:  1d20+3 vsAaron = (17)+3 = 20
@Mister Kent:  1d8 Aarondamage = (4) = 4
@Mister Kent:  1d20+3 vsAaron = (10)+3 = 13
@Mister Kent:  1d8 Aarondamage = (1) = 1

Luis -10, 11/25hp
Aaron -5, 17/28hp

Next Yoshiko > Sovereign > Aaron
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Ten Dead Kings on Jul 28, 2017, 11:03 PM
Sovereign, Room 6:
Spoiler: show
Aaron's owl approaches from the direction of Aaron, Luis, and Yoshiko. It frantically flutters and tries to get your attention.

Spoiler: show

"Damned bird, I'm busy here!" Sovereign says, ignoring it, and continuing the process of removing the swords. She props up the golden one against the wall, and decides to pull out both the remaining swords still stuck inside the King at once.

"What could that bugbear possibly want at this time?" she wonders, as she grips both handles and pulls.

Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Jul 28, 2017, 11:17 PM
Yoshiko, Rooms 28-30
Spoiler: show

Yoshiko was about to taunt at the pig further, but it's sudden display of power to break free from its own bonds proved unexpected. She let out a cry of pain as the horn cut her arm and immediately took evasive actions.

Out of instinct, she ended up behind her Boyfriend Statue, who had... protected her?

This was certainly a first. From something(one?) like that too.

Yoshiko found herself dazed for a while before she remembered she was in in quite a bit of danger. She clutched her arm and pointed at the Id Pig.

"Help me, please! Es' tryin't kill me!"
With that, she kept herself light on her feet and focused her attention on the other statue.

Yoshiko takes Disengage as a bonus Cunning Action, and goes behind Boyfriend to avoid pig attack. She will then take Dodge action with her attention to other statues.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Bobo on Jul 29, 2017, 10:54 AM
Owl flutters urgently. Come on, sword lady! Who needs help!

Too bad Sovereign doesn't speak owl. Owl flutters around and looks at the room. It tries to get Sovereign's attention with some more hoots and flapping. Owl tells Who what it sees.
@Aaron Khuulurgrek Grok:  repeat(1d20+3, 2) Owl perception (advantage on sight/hearing) = (18)+3 = 21, (10)+3 = 13

Meanwhile, Aaron swings his maul sideways, attempting to knock Statue 3 into Statues 5 & 6. He calls upon his Portent ability once again to ensure he at least lands a hit against Statue 3.
@Aaron Khuulurgrek Grok:  1d20+4  = (6)+4 = 10; Portent roll: 16+4 = 20
Damage: @Aaron Khuulurgrek Grok:  2d6+4  = (1+1)+4 = 6
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 29, 2017, 11:53 AM
Sovereign:
Spoiler: show
The owl flies around the dark room to survey the scene. When you set the crown-sword down, the neon cloud seems placated and lowers to hover over the sword. Pulling the tree-sword and vine-sword causes two more vaporized thanes to emerge, one green and dark-veined like a leaf held to the sun, and the other golden like the rims of sunlit clouds.

"Swordssss" the gases call out, just like their companion. These new swords also feel magical somehow, but not overtly so like the crown-sword.

As the last sword is removed, Sanguifluus smiles. "Th-thank you, maiden. Tell Chronia Torn, her son is at peace~" he whispers, then dies.


Aaron, Room 28:
Spoiler: show
You force Statue 3 into its cohorts, sending 3,5, and 6 to the floor. It will take them a moment to right themselves and commence attacking again. (They spend all of next turn doing so, prone)

Through Owl's eyes you see a large dark room. Sovereign is pulling large swords out of an old man, and frightening looking gas clouds escape his wounds.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Dechado on Jul 29, 2017, 12:42 PM
"Gwagh!" His pains resonated through the places. He was taking quite the beating "You stupid useless fricking pieces of-... R-rocks!" Anger was starting to take over him, and he knew this. "A-and vines!"

"Time to tackle to situation in a different way" He thought, while taking a long breath.

Taking the opportunity to plan his next move while the rocks were down, Luis' fur started glowing again, but this time, his presence gave a strange peaceful vibe. His pelage became soft to the touch, and his expression turned into a way more amicable one.

Spoiler: show
Wildhunt Shifting
While shifting, you gain temporary hit points equal to your level + your Constitution Bonus.
Being a Wildhunt Shifter, Luis also increases his Wisdom score by 1, and gains advantage on all Wisdom-based checks and saving throws.
 

Total Temporary HP gain = 3-1 = +2HP = 11/25HP -> 13/27HP


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-DvP__8p4M
Sparkle Mode

Finally exhaling, he opened his eyes, now giving out a steady light. Sparkly ordered the Spiritual Book to get close to Aaron, as if protecting him.
"Cure Wounds..."
His words echoed for a bit.

Cure Wounds roll
1d8+2 = (2)+2 = 4
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Ten Dead Kings on Jul 29, 2017, 12:45 PM
Sovereign:
Spoiler: show
The owl flies around the dark room to survey the scene. When you set the crown-sword down, the neon cloud seems placated and lowers to hover over the sword. Pulling the tree-sword and vine-sword causes two more vaporized thanes to emerge, one green and dark-veined like a leaf held to the sun, and the other golden like the rims of sunlit clouds.

"Swordssss" these ones call out, just like their companion.

As the last sword is removed, Sanguifluus smiles. "Th-thank you, maiden. Tell Chronia Torn, her son is at peace~" he whispers, then dies.

Spoiler: show

Seeing the old man finally passing on, Sovereign then turns her attention to the vaporised thanes. Setting the two swords she pulled next to the first one, she takes a step back, looks up at the clouds, and asks, "Now how do I deal with you three?"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 29, 2017, 12:56 PM
Sovereign, Room 6:
Spoiler: show
The vapors watch you pile the swords into one space, and lower themselves to eye-height. They begin to take solid form until you see three knights before you in gold, green, and shiny chrome armor. They pick up the swords, silently bow their heads, and if allowed will go to the room to the West without any violence. They are very protective of the swords.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Ten Dead Kings on Jul 29, 2017, 01:01 PM
Sovereign, Room 6:
Spoiler: show
The vapors watch you pile the swords into one space, and lower themselves to eye-height. They begin to take solid form until you see three knights before you in gold, green, and shiny chrome armor. They pick up the swords, silently bow their heads, and if allowed will go to the room to the West without any violence. They are very protective of the swords.

Spoiler: show

Seeing the three knights's offer of peace, Sovereign will not stop them from leaving. She will instead follow them from a few steps behind to see the room to the West herself, if nothing gets in the way.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Q-Bit on Jul 29, 2017, 02:11 PM
Truman, Room 174:
Spoiler: show

The mechanical peacock chatters more in disgust. "Help! Those blasted Oku are back!" he calls to the glimmering lights down the hall.

The lead thief stands in front of you, jogging in place. "Let us through-oku!" she yells. "We got the KEY, man, don't you see? To the Medusa's Treasury! We'll split the take with you, but if we don't go right now, the aurum spectres will catch up and kill us all!"

Her two compatriots squawk excitedly. "Goldsouls on our six-oku!" the one with the quiver of arrows shrieks.
Truman, Room 174:
Spoiler: show
Truman didn't know what an Aurum Spectre was, but he didn't like the sound of it. Knowing that he was as much of an outsider as these Oku seemed to be, he decided to take his chances with them, for the time being.
Making sure the peacock wasn't looking, he motioned for the trio to run past him, preparing to make a scene of chasing them as they left the room.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Bobo on Jul 29, 2017, 02:15 PM
Owl is grumpy. Why won't the sword lady help? Owl flies in a circle around Sovereign's head. It lands on her shoulder and hoots in her ear. It waits for Sovereign to come with. (Owl knows Sovereign well enough to be at least a little cautious; it will use its reaction to hoot angrily and fly away from her if she tries to smack it or anything.)
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 29, 2017, 04:22 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/TRVhNUV.jpg)

Aaron/Luis/Yoshiko, Rooms 28-29:
Spoiler: show

When Yoshiko backs up behind her stone protector, she finds herself against a plain wooden door (to Room 29). Violence erupts before her. Seeing the statue take up Yoshiko's defense, the Id Pig attacks it with its horns. It's own painful fiery damage prevents it from doing anything. Likewise, Statue 2 and Statue 1 fail to do any damage to each other.

While its fellow attackers writhe to get off the floor, Statue 4 punches Luis's collarbone, and there is a loud crack (Luis -5hp, 8/27hp).

@Mister Kent: 1d20+4 pigvsstatue = (9)+4 = 13 > Id Pig misses BF statue
@Mister Kent: 1d20+3 boyfriendvspig = (4)+3 = 7 > BF misses pig
@Mister Kent: 1d20+3 statuevsboyfriend = (2)+3 = 5 > S2 misses BF statue
S3,S4,S5 are recovering from prone
@Mister Kent: 1d20+3 vsLuis = (16)+3 = 19 > S4 hits Luis
@Mister Kent: 1d8 Luisdamage = (5) = 5 > Luis 8/27hp

Sovereign, Room 6:
Spoiler: show
You follow the vapor knights to (Room 5). First you see two skeletons on the floor, wearing garments similar to those the old king was wearing when you euthanized him. You also see 3 stone thrones against the North wall (with space for a 4th). Each throne has an inscription on the chair-back and slots in the right armrest. The slots are the exact size of the swords' blades.

The West wall has a large inscription stretching from the ceiling to the floor.
"Here sit the Four Sons of Chronia ~
Sanguifluus, whose kingdom is Winter, ever-long and ruinous
Semotus, the Autumn's Lord, promising bounty and decay
Silvaticus, Lord of Summer, whose rule is passionate flame
Subfoetens, Prince of Spring, whose reign is yet to come"


The first throne bears this inscription:
"You'd like to spend the night with me
But if you spend all day with me,
We'll sleep together."


The second says:
"I am a heavy burden
But anyone will take me from you."


The third throne says:
"My clock keeps years
Not minutes."


The vapor knights take a knee across from the thrones, and kneel in silent vigil over the empty thrones.

Sharis/Lai Shan/Seth, with Ashen, Rooms 23+:
Spoiler: show
Child-snake Gibba crawls slowly after you with wooden sword in hand one hand and patchwork bag in his other hand. His line takes the form of the fearsome snake-haired Medusa herself. "Momma, I be gud now," Gibba whispers sadly as he slowly travels the black line.

The group find themselves in a tight network of halls. There is wind blowing West, and the faint sound of a woman crying. To the East there is only darkness.

Truman, Room 174:
Spoiler: show
The Oku gratefully pass you and rush out into the Escher Room. Seeing the dangling rope you left, the leader bird and the archer bird scamper up and attempt to swing over to the North room (Room 8 ). The middle bird chirps something and begins to climb the walls, avoiding the whole messy staircase jumble and directly crawling spiderlike up to the next room.

From the hallway in the peacock's room, a flickering golden apparition appears, the aurum specter, or so-called "goldensoul" the Oku feared. It begins to float towards you menacingly. It radiates pure malice to all living things.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Jul 29, 2017, 08:20 PM
Yoshiko room 29
Spoiler: show

From behind her romantic guard, Yoshiko threw another flask of oil at the pig with clearly bad intentions.

Using inspiration
@Jiisuri:  repeat(1d20+4,2)  = (18)+4 = 22, (9)+4 = 13


She scurried back behind her bodyguard, and heard yelling from the other room. It was the dog with many anger related issues. She recalled that there was a commotion over there before the other statues went nuts.

"Numbskulls."

She decides to check the door with her paw.

@Jiisuri:  1d20+2+2 perceptiondoorcheck = (19)+2+2 = 23

Finding nothing odd with the door, she opened it slightly. Hopefully there is a guy in charge of this garden to reason with.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: A Bad Idea on Jul 29, 2017, 08:29 PM
Sharis/Seth/Lai Shan, Room 9 to Room 10:
Spoiler: show

The Bondees cordially nod as you pass through. When finished with their work they prepare to move South. They leave a packet of dried rations behind in case you need it, setting it carefully in a little bowl on the floor.

"Hayyy," the slobbering child-snake says as each of you pass him by. "Wadoo?"

"Umventurers?" he asks quietly as he gnaws on his wooden sword. "Momma don' want umventurers in hur hoss. Nuhuh!" He coughs on his spit and throws his sword down. "Play with Gibba? Or Gibba come too?" He begins to slither after you slowly, the large rook-shaped knot in his stomach making it difficult.

When you reach the Northeast room (Room 10), you see a stark white room, bare on all sides. The only thing in this room is a quivering black line 6 inches thick. It quivers as you approach.

Lai Shan:
When you approach the line, it forms the intricate image of a face well known and well feared--the stern face of Shura, the Syndicate trainer, in all his cold fury. This time the line traces every inch of his cruel and creaseless  face, his usual glare of disappointment and resentment watching your every step, waiting to call you on a missed move or failed tactic. You fight the urge to rage against his teachings, or crumple into a heap and sob. Even here in the Maze, you know you are not beyond the Syndicate's reach. To traverse the line will take about twenty-five minutes.


Lai Shan in Room 23
Spoiler: show
Lai Shan was in a good mood. Considering the narrow escape from Queensmen capture into an unknown painting dimension, things were going rather well. The labyrinth in the painting has thus far shown little resistance, and has even been helpful in some regards. There was supposed to be treasure here and the job would have been closed out on a good note. Lai Shan was in a good mood.

But not anymore.

There he was, staring down at her with cold, judging eyes, watching her every move. His razor-thin lips curled at just the tips in the smallest of smirks, as though something about his pupil's shortcomings bemused him. All at once the sensations came back; the cold stone floors of the old temple, the frigid air sending a chill crawling across her skin. Lai Shan's normally carefree smile had swiftly retreated, the optimistic shine in her eyes was gone. Her teeth were clenched, her lips were quivering, and she clutched herself with both arms, as though to shield herself from the cold, but also because his very stare felt as though it were exposing all of her weaknesses and vulnerabilities. She wanted to hide. She wanted to disappear. But where? He taught her everything she knows about hiding, about fighting, about lying and deceiving and using others. Even if she did hide, he would find her. Shura was always watching.

You're going to die, you know.

His lips didn't move, but she remembers the cut of his voice like it was yesterday.

All of us are. It is the nature of this business, you see. But those of us who work for it at least get to choose how we die.

"Stop it..."

Most of us are content to die with our knife in some governor's back, or having stoked the fire that burned down the grand cathedral, or beheaded at the behest of a grief-stricken baron for the murder of his only heir. So long as we leave our mark, we are fulfilled.

"Stop..."


She tried to cover her ears, but the voice was in her head.

But you're not one of us...are you?

"I said stop...!"

Of course, there is no mark for you to leave. Try as I may, there's only so much I can do with a lowborn student.


She could hear his voice and feel his oppressive stare upon her back, even as she fled through the rainy temple steps. He was there when she left. He could have stopped her at any time, but he didn't. Maybe he can just find her at his leisure, any time he wanted. Maybe he was tired of dealing with her. Or, in the most likely case, maybe this was his way of telling her that she isn't really free.

Honestly, it has been a challenge for me as your handler. But in the end, a lowborn is a lowborn, and no matter what you think you'll accomplish, you'll die in the same place we found you; deep in a rainy gutter.

"Leave me alone!"

By the time she had the courage to open her eyes again, Lai Shan found herself on the other side of the room, with Sharis, Seth, and Ashen beside her. Her eyes were damp with tears and she was in a cold sweat. She wiped her eyes clean, took a deep breath to steady herself and took a fresh glance of her new surroundings. One hall to the west and one hall to the east.

"Okay, so according to some information I got, this is the Medusa's 'private collection'. There ought to be something here. I'll check the dark areas, since I can see in there."

Fastening the belt around her sword's scabbard, she departed Eastward.

"I'm already getting tired of this place."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 29, 2017, 09:54 PM
Yoshiko, Room 29:
Spoiler: show
You strike the Id Pig as he runs off towards the network of halls Eastward, and he screams as the flesh reignites (Id Pig -6hp).

Peeking into (Room 31), you find a bed, table, chairs, numerous implements of the gardening craft, all in a quaint little hovel fit for a professional gardener. There is junk scattered all over the place as if the room had been ransacked at some point, but nothing's been touched in recently. There is another door marked "STORAGE" on the East wall of this room.

Lai Shan/Sharis/Seth, with Ashen, entering Room 24:
Spoiler: show
A voice from somewhere North echoes down the hall. Not crying now, but singing some sad song (https://youtu.be/dnFrxB5WKPI?t=15). At some point during the woman's chorus, a large dark figure drops from the ceiling--it is a 5-foot long scarab beetle, it's carapace golden and engraved with elvish script.
(https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/animalcrossing/images/4/46/Chrysina_redplendens_in7089_m2909.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20121011034510)
It rubs it pincers together and eagerly clicks its antennae. It raises its dagger-like forelegs and rushes towards Lai Shan.

Please roll INITIATIVE!
@Mister Kent:  1d20 initiative = (4) = 4 > Ambush Scarab
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: A Bad Idea on Jul 30, 2017, 02:29 PM
Lai Shan/Sharis/Seth, with Ashen, entering Room 24:
Spoiler: show
A voice from somewhere North echoes down the hall. Not crying now, but singing some sad song (https://youtu.be/dnFrxB5WKPI?t=15). At some point during the woman's chorus, a large dark figure drops from the ceiling--it is a 5-foot long scarab beetle, it's carapace golden and engraved with elvish script.
(https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/animalcrossing/images/4/46/Chrysina_redplendens_in7089_m2909.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20121011034510)
It rubs it pincers together and eagerly clicks its antennae. It raises its dagger-like forelegs and rushes towards Lai Shan.

Please roll INITIATIVE!
@Mister Kent:  1d20 initiative = (4) = 4 > Ambush Scarab




Lai Shan in Room 24 [BATTLE!]

Spoiler: show
[OOC: Lai Shan's Initiative 1d20+4 = (15)+4 = 19]
[Turn 1]
Like a hail of maces, the consecutive footsteps of the giant beetle thundered down the hall as each clawed foot punched into the tiled floor. Instinctively, Lai Shan flicked her sword from its scabbard with a quick flourish and lunged forward to lay in a graceful horizontal cut.

[Lai Shan attacking with Short Sword 1d20+6 = (7)+6 = 13] [MISS!]

Predictably, the small blade pinged off of the metal creature's carapace without as much as a scratch. Lai Shan continued from the momentum of her turning cut to deliver a spinning roundhouse kick!

[Lai Shan attacking with Unarmed Strike 1d20+6 = (11)+6 = 17] [HIT!]
[Damage 1d4+4 = (3)+4 = 7 bludgeoning damage]

Lai Shan's foot slams into the side of the Scarab's face, turning it aside with an audible PANG!!  Stepping back to regain her distance, Lai Shan turns her head aside to the hall behind her.

"HEADS UP GUYS! WE HAVE COMPANY!"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Jul 30, 2017, 03:38 PM
Lai Shan/Sharis/Seth, with Ashen, Room 24 ROUND 1 BATTLE:
Spoiler: show

INITIATIVE
Lai Shan @A Bad Idea: 1d20+4 = (15)+4 = 19
Ashen @Mister Kent: 1d20 asheninit = (19) = 19
Seth @fukuro: 1d20+3 = (14)+3 = 17
Sharis @GPS/Will: 1d20+2 = (9)+2 = 11
Gibba @Mister Kent: 1d20 gibbainit = (7) = 7
Ambush Scarab @Mister Kent: 1d20 initiative = (4) = 4

Ashen Chanterelle recoils when the ambush scarab drops from above. "Save me, protectors!" she squeals, and defensively huddles back by Seth. She defensively draws Love Fool, her blunt-bladed dagger, and readies it in case the great monstrous bug breaks through Lai Shan and Sharis.

Seth, Room 24:
Spoiler: show
Being in close proximity to Ashen, you find that despite millennia in captivity she still looks amazing. Also, the way she drew that dagger was very practiced, like an experienced killer.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: fukur0 on Jul 31, 2017, 04:06 AM
Seth, Room 24:
Spoiler: show
Being in close proximity to Ashen, you find that despite millennia in captivity she still looks amazing. Also, the way she drew that dagger was very practiced, like an experienced killer.


Seth, Room 24 [BATTLE]
Spoiler: show
[OOC: Insight roll on Ashen's moves 1d20+2  = (1)+2 = 3]
While Seth was flattered by Ashen's presence besides him, Lai Shan's warning of the ambushing beetle kept him from being completely distracted by Ashen, not paying too much heed to her dagger. He switched out his dagger for his longbow and pulled an arrow from his quiver before aiming at the monstrous insect. Once he aimed at his target well enough, he shot the arrow.

[Seth attacks with Longbow 1d20+5  = (11)+5 = 16]
[Damage 1d8  = (6) = 6 piercing damage]


Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Ten Dead Kings on Jul 31, 2017, 04:10 AM
Spoiler: show

Seeing what clearly appears to be a puzzle in front of her, Sovereign decides this is something for the more academically-inclined members of the group. Speaking of, she finally pays attention to Aaron's familiar, following it back to wherever it's going.

OOC: (Sovereign's leaving the room and following the owl back to Aaron and co)
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Bobo on Jul 31, 2017, 10:21 AM
"About time," Aaron grumbles as Owl informs him of Sovereign's approach. He glances over at Luis. "Heal yourself, Bluis, I'm fine," he growls, his rage shifting toward the still-standing statue. Raising his crystal-topped maul once again, Aaron strikes at the statue, hoping to add it to the pile of statues on the floor in front of him.

@cuteapoot:  1d20+4  = (16)+4 = 20
@cuteapoot:  2d6+4  = (4+2)+4 = 10

His maul smashes into the statue as Aaron utters a curse on this whole goddamned maze and all of its godforsaken inhabitants!
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: GPS-Device on Jul 31, 2017, 04:18 PM
Sharis: Room 24 BATTLE
Spoiler: show

Sharis's skin tightens. His entire body tenses. The desert heat. That dead air, that barren wasteland. It racked his nerves to cross it, but now, before him, a creature of the very domain. And finally, something to fight.

Sharis's muscles quiver, his tattoos shimmer, and in a gutteral shout, he lunges forward with his maul, all too eager to let loose.

Sharis uses Reckless attack for advantage to hit, going into a Rage, the spirits of his ancestors swarming the scarab
1d20+6  = (13)+6 = 19
1d20+6  = (2)+6 = 8
Sharis rolls for damage 2d6+6  = (1+5)+6 = 12 bludgeon
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Dechado on Jul 31, 2017, 04:50 PM
Luis fell to the ground. His backpack opening and spreading his itemes all around. Everyone had heard a bone or two cracking. (Surpisingly) He wasn't complaining, it didn't hurt. Not much at least, he did feel something was out of place though. Sparkly knew his collarbone would demand being felt once the Survival Instinct wore off.

Stretching his good arm, he grabbed the Healing Potion that had fallen out of his backpack. Offering it to Aaron. "Here..."

Aaron has reveived +1 Healing Potion!

"I don't..." He had somehow managed to get up, but that's as far as he could go "I don't think I can continue..."

No good, he was getting dizzy.

Completely ignoring what the bugbear had advised. He could easily avoid taking care of himself...
But the idea of someone else being in pain wasn't even debatable. Besides... For some reason, his magic didn't work on him.
Coincidentally, his Spiritual Book, was still nearby Aaron. His fur started glowing again as he casted one last spell "C-Cure Wounds..." The blue aura around him turning dim.

Cure Wounds roll
1d8 = (8 ) = 8

Panting, he curved, feeling like he was about to vomit. Or die. Probably die and then vomit.

Sovereign was on her way though. Luis already felt ashamed as it was.
Hopefully those two would be able to have a better chance at taking the golems on. He'd just get in the way. He was out of spells too.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Q-Bit on Aug 01, 2017, 12:00 AM
Truman, Room 174:
Spoiler: show
The Oku gratefully pass you and rush out into the Escher Room. Seeing the dangling rope you left, the leader bird and the archer bird scamper up and attempt to swing over to the North room (Room 8 ). The middle bird chirps something and begins to climb the walls, avoiding the whole messy staircase jumble and directly crawling spiderlike up to the next room.

From the hallway in the peacock's room, a flickering golden apparition appears, the aurum specter, or so-called "goldensoul" the Oku feared. It begins to float towards you menacingly. It radiates pure malice to all living things.

Truman entering Room 8:
Spoiler: show
Truman didn't wait for the goldsoul to make its move. Instead, he offered the spirit a quick salute as he dodged into the Escher room, shutting the door behind him. Truman tailed the Oku,
 scaling halfway up his climbing rope, coiling up the loose rope as he went. With one swing, two swings, and three, he leapt from the rope, holding the coiled rope in his off-hand, only to crash face first onto the floor of room 8.

OOC: Truman's Athletics(Dex) roll:
@Q-Bit:  1d20+4  = (4)+4 = 8
Right on target. Ha. Ha ha. Ouch.

 Scrambling to his feet, he tied the loose end of the rope to a nearby sconce and bolted toward the Oku, shouting toward them.

"Slow down, dammit! If you value your lives, we need to plan this out!"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Aug 01, 2017, 04:38 AM
(http://i.imgur.com/YlpZ0VA.jpg)
Aaron/Luis/Sovereign/Yoshiko, Rooms 28-31, ROUND FOUR:
Spoiler: show
INITIATIVE
Luis > 19 (healed Aaron)
Id Pig > 19
#1 Boyfriend > 16
Bad Statues 2-6 > 16
Yoshiko > 11
Sovereign > 9
Aaron > 8

The sizzling Id Pig runs past the fighting statues. "Deny your Id and be forever lost!" the creature squeals. He reaches the hallway's intersection, keels over and dies with a croaking gasp.

The boyfriend statue and its former ally continue to pummel each other over the fate of Yoshiko, but neither seems to damage the other.

The other statues advance on Aaron, Luis, and Sovereign, dealing great harm to Luis (-4hp) and Aaron (-7hp).


Lai Shan/Seth/Sharis, with Ashen, Room 25, ROUND ONE:
Spoiler: show


Lai Shan > 19 (successful unarmed strike, scarab -7hp)
Ashen > 19 (drew weapon)
Seth > 17 (failed arrow)
Sharis > 11 (reckless attack, scarab -12hp)
Gibba > 7 (GIB! GIB!)
Ambush Scarab > 4

Somewhere at the back of the group, childsnake Gibba waves his wooden sword and hollers.

The great golden scarab beetle is unfazed by Seth's arrow, which glances off its carapace. It is however annoyed by Lai Shan and Sharis's attacks (-7 and -12hp to the scarab, respectively). Enfuriated, the beetle rears up, first stabbing with its front pincers, then rending with its clawed limbs, doing significant harm to Shari's (-9hp after resistances).


Truman and the Oku, Room 8:
Spoiler: show

(http://i.imgur.com/Scr1EC6.gif)

The aurum specter does not pursue you any further.

Entering (Room 8 ), you find a 5-foot tall coiled shell, rocking what looks like a mutant infant, fast asleep. The Oku creep quietly past the monstrous baby and its nurse, only to walk right into a quartet of masked men at the North end of the room. The Oku and the men make motions to shush you, but the baby begins to stir.

(Please make a Stealth check to creep past the baby...)
(http://i.imgur.com/DCInYfm.jpg)
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Aug 01, 2017, 07:17 AM
Yoshiko, Room 28-31
Spoiler: show

Seeing the vile pig rambling about desire bite it, Yoshiko let out a sigh of relief. Now she had to make sure the mad dog and what she presumed was an enraged Aaron were alright on the other side. And not making the situation worse. She very much doubted the latter.

Seeing her "boyfriend" and the other statue pummel each other to no avail, she decided to take a gamble. One of favor. And appeal.

She placed a hand in front of the attacking statue in a halting gesture before going to her "boyfriend's" side and giving him... a hug. Making a pouty face, she gently lead her boyfriend over to the room her comrades were at, keeping watch and readying herself to hide behind the good statue at the sign of danger.

Yoshiko will be leading her boyfriend over to the others as if she was a girlfriend. She will also be using the Dodge action if possible while at it with boyfriend by her side for extra protection.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: A Bad Idea on Aug 01, 2017, 12:50 PM
Lai Shan, Room 25 [COMBAT!]

Spoiler: show

TURN 2
[OOC: Lai Shan attacking with Flurry of Blows]
1d20+6  = (7)+6 = 13 [MISS!]
1d20+6  = (17)+6 = 23 [HIT!]
1d20+6  = (15)+6 = 21 [HIT!]
1d4+4  = (4)+4 = 8 Bludgeoning Damage
1d4+4  = (4)+4 = 8 Bludgeoning Damage
TOTAL: 16 Bludgeoning Damage

Lai Shan watches the Scarab's movements carefully, anticipating its next move. Right on cue, as Sharis comes roaring in with a mighty slam of his hammer, the Scarab turns its attention to him and flings its bladed claws and gnashing teeth at him, intent on turning the brave Triton into fish sticks! With the Scarab's attention turned, Lai Shan takes the opportunity to unleash a swift combo attack! She springs off the floor and opens with a spinning axe kick. The blow merely glances off the beetle's metallic carapace, but it places Lai Shan close enough to firmly stomp other foot forward and advance with a powerful double palm thrust. The force of the impact rings throughout the halls as the beetle staggers backwards, giving Lai Shan enough room to follow with a turning thrust kick that strikes with the strength of a battering ram!
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Ten Dead Kings on Aug 01, 2017, 05:58 PM
Sovereign, into Room 28
Spoiler: show

Seeing these two in somehow getting themselves into a fine mess by themselves, Sovereign throws down her torch and unsheathes her pact weapon, which took the form of a long sword. Shoving Luis to the side, she enters the room and strikes at the nearest statue [4], her eldritch powers to bringing the sword to bear on her target.

Attack Roll : 1d20+6  = (18)+6 = 24
Damage (Versatile/Magic/Slashing) : (1d10)+3+1  = (9)+4 = 13
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Bobo on Aug 01, 2017, 09:35 PM
"Glad you could join us," Aaron growls as Owl flies off to find Yoshiko. He looks from the statues to Luis and Sovereign and notices how even the most damaged statue is hardly slowing down.

"Dammit," he barks, "we're hardly doing anything! How are we supposed to get past these damn statues?"

Aaron swings his maul once again, smashing its metal head into the statue's stone one.

@cuteapoot:  1d20+4  = (14)+4 = 18
@cuteapoot:  2d6+4  = (3+2)+4 = 9
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Dechado on Aug 01, 2017, 10:45 PM
He didn't even complain this time. Just a very subtle groan as he tried to keep his balance.
With zombie-like slow movements, and with a face of pain, he was able to notice how Sovereign was behind them. His tail wagged, Luis was too wounded to even care about avoiding to show some sort of happy gesture at her. "Sov-Sovereign..."
However, just as his grin appeared, it left, being now replaced by the reaction of a sudden twinge in his shoulder. "Ughyah! B-be gentle, I'm hurt...!" He whined. Moving now his tail between his leg, and lowering his ears.

Happy about his favorite warlock being with them? Screw that. She's a meanie...

Barely being able to observe and process Aaron's actions, it seemed they were still going to continue fighting.

"Alright..." He inhaled before speaking "[By Monomythica's will, I shall defend my friends...]"

The Pencil Weapon lunged itself.


Spiritual Pencil hit roll
1d20+4 = (19) + 4 = 23

Spiritual Pencil damage roll
1d8+4 = (8 )+4 = 12

Luis chuckled as he saw Monomythica's pencil clearly take a chunk off the walking statue. "Not bad..."
An odor in the air suddenly entered his nostrils. "Is that... Bacon? I could really use some food right now..." He panted.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Ten Dead Kings on Aug 02, 2017, 02:04 AM
"I'm only here because your flying featherball wouldn't leave me alone," Sovereign snapped at Aaron. "How in the Nine Hells did you two pick a fight with these statues anyway?!"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Aug 02, 2017, 07:12 AM
Ashen, Room 25:
Spoiler: show
Ashen strains to raise her knife and seemingly cannot do so. She grits her teeth in frustration.

"KILL IT, PROTECTORS!" she cheers the group on. "TEAR IT TO PIECES!"

Her eyes begin to water as she stands trembling.

Next: Seth > Sharis > Gibba > Scarab
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Bobo on Aug 02, 2017, 12:08 PM
"There were vines that seemed to be controlling the statues," Aaron huffed, "how was I supposed to know that the statues would attack me for freeing them from their bindings!?"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Dechado on Aug 02, 2017, 12:38 PM
"Do you guys think... There's still time for diplomacy?" Luis coughed, closing his eyes every now and then, as he coped with the pain. "We know they are strong... And they know we are in equal levels to them... Maybe they understand a language any of us speak..."

"And I am not just saying because I want to eat that pig or anything..." Sparkly wiped some drool that had gathered.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: fukur0 on Aug 03, 2017, 12:00 AM
Seth, Room 25:
Spoiler: show
Seth felt a blow of embarrassment after seeing his arrow failed to affect the beetle in any way. Ashen's encouragement managed to insult him even further but he held back on making any remarks against her. Instead of wasting any more arrows and his time, Seth put his bow away and headed towards Sharis's direction.

"Need a little help there?" His hand started glowing as soon as he made contact to Sharis's skin.

[OOC: Seth uses Cure Wounds on Sharis]
1d8+2  = (2)+2 = 4
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: GPS-Device on Aug 03, 2017, 03:09 AM
Sharis: Room 25 [BATTLE]
Spoiler: show

Sharis tightens his body as the creature's dagger like limbs tear into his flesh. He grunts, shrugging off the scarab's blows, bracing himself for another assault. Ashen's words do not register, nor does the approach of Seth, even as he feels the mild pain of his wounds ebb away.

For Sharis, there was only the battle. With a twist of his grip, he stamps his foot into the ground, turning, bringing his maul slamming into the scarab's side.

Sharis uses reckless attack to give advantage to his attack, while giving advantage against those who target him as well
Rolls to hit: 1d20+6  = (2)+6 = 8
 1d20+6  = (14)+6 = 20
Damage: 2d6+6  = (3+1)+6 = 10

As a bonus action, Sharis uses his Ancestral Protectors to harass the scarab, giving it disadvantage to attack anyone who isn't himself, and reducing it's speed by half if it takes the disengage action.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Aug 03, 2017, 06:57 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/nopfDUp.jpg)
Aaron/Luis/Sovereign/Yoshiko, with Boyfriend Statue, Room 28, ROUND FIVE:
Spoiler: show
INITIATIVE
Luis > 19 (killed S4)
Id Pig > 19 (dead)
#1 Stone Boyfriend > 16 (following Yoshiko)
Bad Statues 2-6 > 16 (S2 attacks Boyfriend, S4 is dead, S3-5-6 attacking)
Sovereign > 11
Yoshiko > 9
Aaron > 8
 
Sovereign's attack brings Statue 4 crumbling to its knees, and the stroke of Luis's mighty pen shatters it. As large chunks of rock cascade to the floor, the insides of the statue reveals many holes throughout the rock where the creeping vines have taken hold. Now the vines, having lost their host, creep back into the cracked garden floor.
 
The three remaining statues still look alert and intact, and divide their vicious attentions between Sovereign (-5hp), Luis (-2hp), and Aaron.
@Mister Kent:  1d20+3 vsSovereign = (15)+3 = 18
@Mister Kent:  1d8 SovDamage = (5) = 5
@Mister Kent:  1d20+3 vsLuis = (18)+3 = 21
@Mister Kent:  1d8 LuisDamage = (2) = 2
@Mister Kent:  1d20+3 vsAaron = (7)+3 = 10
 
Yoshiko leads the strangely affectionate statue back to (Room 28) to reunite with her friends, while the other statue continues to attack them. The "Stone Boyfriend" takes a hit for Yoshiko, and blocks her body with his heavy arms (-3hp Stone Boyfriend). The vines still twining around them follow the statues back to the other room.
@Mister Kent:  1d20+3 vsBoyfriend = (15)+3 = 18
@Mister Kent:  1d8 BoyfriendDamage = (3) = 3
 
The doorway North is lightly blocked by the Id Pig's smoldering body, and must be stepped over to get through. It twitches, but does not rise, as Yoshiko and her protector move North.

 
Lai Shan/Seth/Sharis, with Ashen & Gibba, Room 24, ROUND TWO:
Spoiler: show
INITIATIVE
Lai Shan > 19 (16 bludgeoning on scarab)
Ashen > 19 (KILL IT KILL IT DO IT FOR ME)
Seth > 17 (Cure Wounds on Sharis)
Sharis > 11 (DESTROY SCARAB)
Gibba > 7 (YARR)
Ambush Scarab > 4 (X_X)
 
The music coming from the North hall stops abruptly, and a pair of shadowed shapes emerge from a room up the hall.
 
As Sharis brings his maul down on the scarab's golden shell, there is a trembling, a rumbling like pressure building. The two halves of the scarab's carapace suddenly pop open like a party favor! Confetti of parchment and gold coins erupt against the stone ceiling and shower over everyone nearby. The dead scarab falls limp on the flagstone floor, its inner contents scattered for all to see.
 
Ashen sheathes her dull blade and hurls herself against Sharis in an embrace. Gibba whoops excitedly and waves his hands in the air. When he calms down, if left on his own, he wanders down the dark halls Eastward. The sound of wind and soft crying continues in the West.
 
Inside the scarab are papers and writings of all kinds:
  • crude hand-drawn pictures by Gibba, depicting him and the Medusa having a picnic by a giant stone snake statue (labeled "ME, MOMMA, DADD")
  • torn pieces of steamy love letters to "Nia" from "Ella"
  • a half-digested unauthorized biography of the Medusa by Caphtor Clowe, entitled "Through the Eyes of Evil"
  • shreds of an article about a man named "Levalliant Green", written by Linneax Gruel
  • a scroll of Comprehend Languages, a scroll of Clone
  • 135 gold pieces

Sharis, Seth, Yoshiko > 300 XP each


All who can read Elvish, Room 24:
Spoiler: show
Upon defeat of the scarab, the elf script on its carapace says "A Unified Philosophy of Literature, by Dr. Scribus Scarabus", and then the beginnings of a complicated and curse-laden treatise on what should or should not be considered "literature". Ends mid-sentence.


Truman, with the Oku, Room 8:
Spoiler: show
You pass the masked men and quietly leave the snail-and-baby's room. The men offer you a piece of dried meat wrapped in parchment before you go. You see them go about re-lighting torches in the room, and head on to the Escher Room. They seem appreciative of the rope connecting them to (Room 2).

You enter a long cavernous room with three rope bridges stretching over a great darkness. The torches on the far wall illuminate your destination, and the lit torches in the room beyond show a large empty room full of crude toys.

While crossing over the rope bridge, the bird-masked thieves introduce themselves as the Oku, claiming themselves as legendary trickster birds. "None more trickier, and none more bird-ier!" their leader Agrimony boasts, eliciting triumphant chirps of "Oku-oku!" from her cohorts. The one who had used the Climb spell to scale the Escher Room is Tutsan, and the archer lookout is Yarrow.

They don't recall how they got in the Maze, just that their old leader Akerstrom was taken by the Medusa to the Cells, and now these three before you are but one of several Oku factions trying to pull off jobs. "Akerstrom was on the job too...I think he was supposed to do something against the Medusa...can't remember now," Agrimony explains.

"Are you here for jobs?" Agrimony asks. "We have a new friend gives us all kinds of assignments! After we hit the Treasury, we can get you work too-oku!"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Aug 03, 2017, 07:25 PM
Yoshiko shouting in Room 28
Spoiler: show

"Y' BIG LUG! WHAT'CH-"

Yoshiko stopped and cleared her throat, realising Aaron was there. He had trouble deciphering her accent and slang.

"Aaron, lad? What did you mean by... freeing their bindings? Because it looks to me these things live and die by those vines!"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Bobo on Aug 03, 2017, 07:47 PM
"It would appear to be so," Aaron shouts back, "but I was a little pissed off because of the fucking shadows." He taps his stump with the bottom of his mace, wincing only slightly. "I suppose it impeded my judgment. But what can I do now?"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Aug 03, 2017, 08:00 PM
"Ell' if I know! Calm them down? Apologise? Give them water? I mean how would you like it if you cut off someone's arteries!?"

Yoshiko squinted, recalling Aaron not possessing any cutting weapons. Her accent slipped back.

".. wait,you didn' try burnin'm dincha?"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Q-Bit on Aug 03, 2017, 08:35 PM
Truman, with the Oku, Room 8:
Spoiler: show
You pass the masked men and quietly leave the snail-and-baby's room. The men offer you a piece of dried meat wrapped in parchment before you go. You see them go about re-lighting torches in the room, and head on to the Escher Room. They seem appreciative of the rope connecting them to (Room 2).

You enter a long cavernous room with three rope bridges stretching over a great darkness. The torches on the far wall illuminate your destination, and the lit torches in the room beyond show a large empty room full of crude toys.

While crossing over the rope bridge, the bird-masked thieves introduce themselves as the Oku, claiming themselves as legendary trickster birds. �None more trickier, and none more bird-ier!� their leader Agrimony boasts, eliciting triumphant chirps of �Oku-oku!� from her cohorts. The one who had used the Climb spell to scale the Escher Room is Tutsan, and the archer lookout is Yarrow.

They don�t recall how they got in the Maze, just that their old leader Akerstrom was taken by the Medusa to the Cells, and now these three before you are but one of several Oku factions trying to pull off jobs. "Akerstrom was on the job too...I think he was supposed to do something against the Medusa...can't remember now," Agrimony explains.

�Are you here for jobs?� Agrimony asks. �We have a new friend gives us all kinds of assignments! After we hit the Treasury, we can get you work too-oku!�

Truman, with the Oku, Room 8:
Spoiler: show
Truman's eyes light up as the Oku recite their names. This was too much to be a coincidence. He walks up to Agrimony and offers her a very specific gesture, part handshake, part salute. Subtle enough to look like a overly cheerful greeting to the uninitiated, but to those in the know, it was an age-old code, marking one as a very specific type of criminal.

"You can be frank with me, you know. What year did you enter the maze in?"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Aug 03, 2017, 09:30 PM
Truman, with the Oku, Room 9:
Spoiler: show
Truman's eyes light up as the Oku recite their names. This was too much to be a coincidence. He walks up to Agrimony and offers her a very specific gesture, part handshake, part salute. Subtle enough to look like a overly cheerful greeting to the uninitiated, but to those in the know, it was an age-old code, marking one as a very specific type of criminal.

"You can be frank with me, you know. What year did you enter the maze in?"
(http://i.imgur.com/KVp0CTL.png)

Spoiler: show
Once across the bridge, the three Oku watch your gesture, quietly chatter among themselves, and then all try to shake your hand at once, completely oblivious to any handshake protocol. "A new partner in crime-oku! Akerstrom would be proud of us!" they cheer.

Agrimony considers your question. "What...year? Why, 1967? '68?--"

Yarrow chimes in. "The Oku are magical trickster birds! We have ALWAYS been here, I think! Well, for a hundred years at least-oku!" Agrimony changes her mind, and finds Yarrow's answer more probable. Tutsan chirps with approval.

"Yes, we've been here forever, running around, just out of the Medusa's reach," Agrimony goes on. "I think..." She shakes her masked head. "I don't know what to think. The Glyph Witch gives us jobs now, keeps us going, says she does our thinkin' for us..."

Yarrow and Tutsan cheerily head into the playroom and begin examining an oversized chess set with 1-foot tall pieces. Agrimony stands near you, still trying to puzzle out her existence.

"We'd better get to the Treasury...oku. Its Northeast, in the Almery..."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Bobo on Aug 03, 2017, 09:57 PM
"I..." Aaron trails off as Yoshiko facepalms. He clears his throat self-consciously.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Q-Bit on Aug 03, 2017, 10:14 PM
Spoiler: show
Once across the bridge, the three Oku watch your gesture, quietly chatter among themselves, and then all try to shake your hand at once, completely oblivious to any handshake protocol. "A new partner in crime-oku! Akerstrom would be proud of us!" they cheer.

Agrimony considers your question. "What...year? Why, 1967? '68?--"

Yarrow chimes in. "The Oku are magical trickster birds! We have ALWAYS been here, I think! Well, for a hundred years at least-oku!" Agrimony changes her mind, and finds Yarrow's answer more probable. Tutsan chirps with approval.

"Yes, we've been here forever, running around, just out of the Medusa's reach," Agrimony goes on. "I think..." She shakes her masked head. "I don't know what to think. The Glyph Witch gives us jobs now, keeps us going, says she does our thinkin' for us..."

Yarrow and Tutsan cheerily head into the playroom and begin examining an oversized chess set with 1-foot tall pieces. Agrimony stands near you, still trying to puzzle out her existence.

"We'd better get to the Treasury...oku. Its Northeast, in the Almery..."

Spoiler: show
Not the response Truman was looking for. But he seemed to cause some kind of a reaction in Agrimony. Maybe if he pushed it a little farther. He pulls her aside as the other two move on ahead.

"Where I'm from, it's 1980. If you can't remember who you were, maybe it's time to start fresh. I know some people who could help you start over. Or, you can spend forever and a half living in a maze full of deathtraps, your call."

With that, Truman calls Tutsan and Yarrow, and asks to compare notes with the three of them. Rooms, their inner workings, and the faces they've seen. He also asks how the Oku have been finding food and water.

"If we're going to go to the Treasury, I recommend we meet up with the rest of my team. It'll make this job a surefire success."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Aug 03, 2017, 10:53 PM
Truman and Oku, Room 9:
Spoiler: show
Agrimony seems to consider your offer, but says nothing more about it for now.

Tutsan and Yarrow are eager co-conspirators and share things they know. They claim to get fresh food and water from Aelfadred the Glyph Witch, who sounds like she fills the same role Benjamin Braddock does to you and your team. They offer you her amnesty as well, but say she'd want to meet before accepting you into their band. Their hideout is nestled in the Gardens, though the Oku and the Witch all fear the incursion of these strange vines. They have been bringing the garden statuary to life, the statues interfering with their heists. The Witch claims to know the vines' source, and is both enraged and terrified.

Also, as you saw a bit ago, the masked men offer food and drink sometimes. They are the Bondye Reparate, or "Bondees". The servants have also been known to offer rum, cigarettes, or their own repair skills. They ask for nothing in return and treat it almost like a religious duty to assist you, as long as they aren't harmed in the process.

They rarely see the Medusa but figure she's North guarding her Cells. The Three Sisters make themselves scarce too, as their presence is rumored to have strange effect on others. One  makes her home near the Treasury, if you're interested in meeting a goddess in person.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: GPS-Device on Aug 04, 2017, 07:06 AM
Sharis: Room 25
Spoiler: show

Sharis' body relaxes, and he lets out a hearty laugh.

"There we go! Not too bad of a warm up, if I should say so! You see, Lady Ashen, so long as you travel alongside us through this maze, nothing shall stand in our path."

He directs his glance towards the "loot" on the floor, and back to Lai Shan and Seth.

"My compatriots, let us gather our bounty and press on! We have much greater foes to conquer if we wish to have something worth telling our descendants of!"

Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Ten Dead Kings on Aug 04, 2017, 11:08 AM
"I..." Aaron trails off as Yoshiko facepalms. He clears his throat self-consciously.

Hearing Aaron and Yoshiko's conversation, a sudden thought came to Sovereign. "Are you telling me, that you got into this mess because of what you-" she brgins, only to be cut off by a sudden fist to her jaw by the next statue. Anger swelling in her eyes, she raises a hand to the air, pointing and screaming at the offending statue, "A POX! A POX ON BOTH YE HOUSES!"

(Casting Hexblade's Curse on Statue 6)

Gripping her sword with both hands, Sovereign swings down and forces the statue to its knees,

(Attack Roll:  1d20+6  = (20)+6 = 26)
 
-then follows up with a spinning horizontal cut that utterly shatters the statue, sending stone fragments flying across the room.

(Damage Roll: 2d10+4+4+2+2  = (8+10)+4+4+2+2 = 30)

As what remains of the statue crumbles, the bruise on Sovereign's face begins to disappear, as if she has somehow been healed by the defeat of her foe.

(HP gained: 3+3 = 6, curse effect ended)


Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: A Bad Idea on Aug 04, 2017, 12:42 PM
Lai Shan, Room 25

Spoiler: show
While sorting through the loot, Lai Shan takes notice of the two scrolls and pockets them. While going through the documents, she takes notice of the 'family drawing', picks it up and approaches Sharis.

"According to one of the maze's residents, we have the Gallery to the west of here, and the Medusa's 'private collection' to the east of here. The weird snake child went eastward, and I think I know why..."

Lai Shan shows Sharis the crude drawing, gesturing to the stone snake.

"The snake child must be looking for its mother. Furthermore, considering the state of the 'father', I think it should be obvious what the Medusa keeps in her 'collection'..."

Lai Shan rubbed her chin.

"The Gallery to the west would be easier to loot, but if we go east we're bound to run into the 'family'. Your call, Sharis."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Aug 04, 2017, 05:54 PM
Yoshiko room 28

Spoiler: show

The shattering of another statue was very clearly audible. Along with the outburst of a very angry half-elf.

Yoshiko could only sigh. There was no non-violent solution possible now. Not with this group of raging buffoons.

1d20 +6 slingbooletatbadstatue = (3)+6 = 9

In a very halfassed manner, Yoshiko whipped out a loaded sling and flung a rock at the bad statue's knees.

The bullet just bounced off the rock in similarly halfassed manner.

Sighing and clearly not motivated,  Yoshiko slid back behind her boyfriend's protection.
"Y'got this, lad."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Bobo on Aug 04, 2017, 06:07 PM
Owl saw that Yoshiko was safe from the statues. She had a protector! Owl perched on her shoulder, hooting gently to say hello. Owl now hoots at Yoshiko's boyfriend statue. You can do it, rock human!, Owl says in Owlish.

Meanwhile, spurred forward by his team's progress, Aaron continues his raging assault. He aims for another domino effect, slamming the statue in front of him squarely in its side.

@cuteapoot:  1d20+4 Aaron attack roll vs statue = (11)+4 = 15
@cuteapoot:  2d6+4 Aaron damage vs statue = (5+4)+4 = 13
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Dechado on Aug 04, 2017, 11:30 PM
(https://68.media.tumblr.com/bc611e22fe1a6979924f005ce5d250b4/tumblr_ou752mZZTt1qibw26o4_400.jpg)
Yoshiko squinted, recalling Aaron not possessing any cutting weapons. Her accent slipped back.

".. wait,you didn' try burnin'm dincha?"

(https://68.media.tumblr.com/dee97c4a60d0f5f5842cf0d7a953e6af/tumblr_ou752mZZTt1qibw26o2_500.jpg)
"I..." Aaron trails off as Yoshiko facepalms. He clears his throat self-consciously.


(https://68.media.tumblr.com/b7290c0180816dbf7dc02ad42e3a692d/tumblr_ou752mZZTt1qibw26o3_500.jpg)
"Do you guys think... There's still time for diplomacy?" Luis coughed, closing his eyes every now and then, as he coped with the pain. "We know they are strong... And they know we are in equal levels to them... Maybe they understand a language any of us speak..."

"And I am not just saying because I want to eat that pig or anything..." Sparkly wiped some drool that had gathered.

(https://68.media.tumblr.com/5e796cf428dd294b474b8a3393881ce4/tumblr_ou752mZZTt1qibw26o1_400.jpg)
"Are you telling me, that you got into this mess because of what you-" she brgins, only to be cut off by a sudden fist to her jaw by the next statue. Anger swelling in her eyes, she raises a hand to the air, pointing and screaming at the offending statue, "A POX! A POX ON BOTH YE HOUSES!"


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Too distracted thinking about pain and food, Luis didn't even notice he had been punched again, until he staggered around.
Blurry vision. He couldn't see well from one eye.
Didn't even say anything, just retaliated with Monomythica's Spiritual Pencil, aiming at the staute that was left.

Spritual Pencil Hit Roll
1d20+4 = (16)+4 = 20

Spiritual Pencil Damage Roll

1d8+4 = (7)+4 = 11

His body decided this was his limit, making him drop to his knees nearby Aaron.

Luis
tried calling his friend's name, but not even a whisper came out. His eyes could barely distinguish shadows, Dog wasn't even sure if his eyelids were still open.


Luis has disengaged combat, and now is covering behind Aaron, using him as protection from further attacks.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Aug 05, 2017, 10:09 PM
Lai Shan/Seth/Sharis, with Ashen, Room 25:
Spoiler: show

As you gather the scattered treasure, a figure from the North appears in the hallway, barely illuminated by a tall handheld candle, everything around you slows down. Words left unsaid hang on the tips of your tongues, and time itself seems to pause in respect for her arrival.

A tall, curvy young woman with white-blonde hair appears at the farthest end of the North hall, wearing cascades of glistening gold and amber jewelry, and nothing else. She holds out the candle in front of her to get a better look at the group of you.

"Hello? Are you new visitors?" she asks curiously. "I am Chronia Torn. What are you doing out here?"

Ashen Chanterelle immediately drops to her knees, lowers her face, and presents her holy symbol, which Chronia clearly recognizes. "You're traveling with one of ours? So you're all pilgrims, then? If so, please, come inside a moment, before more scarabs escape the private collection." She points East to the Almery, and North to her chamber. By this time the once tall candle is already down to a waxy stub in her hand.

Waiting behind her is a stubby little chalk-white creature, roughly bulldog-shaped but with a flat piranha-like face and a ridge of spines on its back like a lionfish. "Come, visitors! Fracture-of-the-Bone won't bite unless asked politely." The stubby piranha-dog snorts happily and goes to each of you to sniff a hand or leg.

The wind in the hall continues to move Westward at jagged intervals, and child-snake Gibba has already disappeared East in the purple darkness, gibbering to himself.


Aaron/Luis/Sovereign/Yoshiko, with Boyfriend Statue, Room 28, ROUND SIX:
Spoiler: show
INITIATIVE
Luis > 19
Owl >
#1 Stone Boyfriend > 16 (following Yoshiko)
Bad Statues 2,3 > 16 (S4/S5/S6 down)
Sovereign > 11 (next)
Yoshiko > 9
Aaron > 8

Luis's magical pencil strike drives right through the statue, dropping it instantly, two statues standing--one attacking Yoshiko and her bodyguard, and one facing off against

Owl flutters its tiny wings, sending feathers into the air. They seem to hang in space for a few seconds before falling, and pause again before lightly setting down on the flagstone floor.

Shuffling through the shattered remains of its fellow statues, Statue 3 continues its relentless assault but to no success. The vines are covering more of the statues' bodies now, hanging off them like reins on a horse.

The statues around Yoshiko still fight each other, but neither are significantly damaged.


Truman, with the Oku, Room 10:
Spoiler: show

While looking around the room at the various simple toys, Tutsan picks up the nearest chess piece from the set, a bishop. As a solid stone implement about 1-foot long Tutsan seems to identify it as a handy short club. He chirps happily as he practices swinging it, but then falls silent. Neither Agrimony nor Yarrow can move him as he goes catatonic.

There is the sound of something approaching from the Northwest room, like a jingling of windchimes or chains.

Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Ten Dead Kings on Aug 06, 2017, 06:29 AM
Sovereign, Room 28:
Spoiler: show


Still mad, Sovereign dashes forward and just barely manages to hit the remaining Statue with a wild swing of her sword.

1d20+6 Longsword = (8 )+6 = 14
1d10+4 Longsword damage = (1)+4 = 5

She sticks close to the statue (within 5 feet), preparing to attack again as soon as the opportunity presents itself.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Aug 06, 2017, 10:01 AM
Yoshiko Room 28
Spoiler: show

Sighing, the cat decided she should probably at least make this ugly task a quick one.

With a quick flick, she let loose another sling bullet towards the bad statue's knees, strafing out and back into her safe spot behind her boyfriend.


@Jiisuri:  1d20+6  = (12)+6 = 18
@Jiisuri:  1d4 +1d6+4 sneakattack = (3)+(1)+4 = 8


Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Bobo on Aug 06, 2017, 10:16 AM
"Don't even think about it," Aaron says, seeing the vines. He can't be certain that leaving the vines alone would lead to further trouble, but just to be safe, he lifts his maul, now lightly powdered with stone dust, and summons the power of fire to burn down the vines for good.

@cuteapoot:  1d8  = (1) = 1
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Dechado on Aug 06, 2017, 10:37 AM
The Pencil is still glowing, at least Luis could manage to barely see its blue light.
Still on the floor, he tried moving his good arm to attack...

Spirit Pencil hit roll
1d20+4 = (4)+4 = 8

But he doesn't seem to have enough strength to control the weapon.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: A Bad Idea on Aug 06, 2017, 11:47 AM
Lai Shan/Seth/Sharis, with Ashen, Room 25:
Spoiler: show

As you gather the scattered treasure, a figure from the North appears in the hallway, barely illuminated by a tall handheld candle, everything around you slows down. Words left unsaid hang on the tips of your tongues, and time itself seems to pause in respect for her arrival.

A tall, curvy young woman with white-blonde hair appears at the farthest end of the North hall, wearing cascades of glistening gold and amber jewelry, and nothing else. She holds out the candle in front of her to get a better look at the group of you.

"Hello? Are you new visitors?" she asks curiously. "I am Chronia Torn. What are you doing out here?"

Ashen Chanterelle immediately drops to her knees, lowers her face, and presents her holy symbol, which Chronia clearly recognizes. "You're traveling with one of ours? So you're all pilgrims, then? If so, please, come inside a moment, before more scarabs escape the private collection." She points East to the Almery, and North to her chamber. By this time the once tall candle is already down to a waxy stub in her hand.

Waiting behind her is a stubby little chalk-white creature, roughly bulldog-shaped but with a flat piranha-like face and a ridge of spines on its back like a lionfish. "Come, visitors! Fracture-of-the-Bone won't bite unless asked politely." The stubby piranha-dog snorts happily and goes to each of you to sniff a hand or leg.

The wind in the hall continues to move Westward at jagged intervals, and child-snake Gibba has already disappeared East in the purple darkness, gibbering to himself.


Spoiler: show
Lai Shan eyed the new 'host' up and down. There's no where she could possibly be hiding a weapon, which means she's either harmless, or possibly the most dangerous threat in this maze.

Immediately, she beamed a friendly smile. "I'm glad you'll have us Ms. Torn, I'm very excited to be here! Everything I've seen in here so far has been far beyond my wildest imagination. I would love to see more!"

As the group is prompted to proceed forwards, Lai Shan hangs back behind Ashen. As the piranha-pug makes its rounds sniffing each of them, Lai Shan takes note of it and of Chronia's diminishing candle and makes a few mental notes:

Be on alert for sudden temperature changes, don't let the lady touch you. Also, apply new perfume before fleeing.

[OOC: Lai Shan rolling Insight to discern Chronia's possible intent: 1d20+2 = (13)+2 = 15]
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Aug 06, 2017, 07:34 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/F356v3x.jpg)

Aaron/Luis/Sovereign/Yoshiko, with Boyfriend Statue, Room 28, ROUND SEVEN:
Spoiler: show
INITIATIVE
Luis > 19 (pencil!)
Owl > 16 (HOOT, also time shenanigans)
#1 Stone Boyfriend > 16 (attacking S2)
Bad Statue 2 > 16 (attacking Boyfriend)


The fire from Aaron's last attack does lingering harm to all of the remaining statues. Statue 3 is standing in close enough proximity that Aaron, Luis, and Sovereign can see its vines sizzle and begin to fall off.

Luis's pencil attack reaves a large crack down Statue 3's chest. As the last standing statue within the trio's reach, it grasps desperately for Luis, but crumples to the floor in defeat.

Yoshiko's slingstone takes Statue 2 out at the knee, and it lands on the ground with a THUNK. The protective Statue 1 makes use of the opening Yoshiko has made--once its companion drops to the floor, the "stone boyfriend" kicks the offending golem to dusty shards.

Stone Boyfriend drags his feet, and drops to one knee. It's impossible to tell when such a creature is "tired", but it appears to be losing speed, and vines.

@Mister Kent: 1d20+3 S2versusBoyfriendo = (7)+3 = 10
@Mister Kent: 1d20+3 Boyfriendo = (14)+3 = 17
@Mister Kent: 1d8 BoyfriendoAttack = (4) = 4

Combat has ended!
Aaron, Luis, Yoshiko, Sovereign > 400 XP each
Yoshiko > +125 XP for the Id Pig
Sovereign > +Inspiration for the pragmatic way you handled Sanguifluus


Lai Shan/Seth/Sharis, with Ashen, Room 27:
Spoiler: show

(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/332275546618593281/343961794102034432/ChroniaTorn_copy.jpg)
Immediately, she beamed a friendly smile. "I'm glad you'll have us Ms. Torn, I'm very excited to be here! Everything I've seen in here so far has been far beyond my wildest imagination. I would love to see more!"
[OOC: Lai Shan rolling Insight to discern Chronia's possible intent: 1d20+2 = (13)+2 = 15]
Lai Shan:
Chronia is slightly taken aback by your enthusiasm, but returns your smile. "Oh...okay. That's a little weird. Most people are sobbing messes by the time they reach the center of the Maze. Still, it's nice that you're not like that. I mean, I'm glad." She smiles a little nervously.

To your keen and experienced eye, you see the woman bare, and not just physically. She seems lonely and eager to entertain visitors, and she's more than a little tipsy. She searches your face and each of your party members' faces. For every smile she sees, her own grin brightens.

As she enters her room, she chucks the candle stub in a wooden bucket with similar melted candles. "Come inside," she urges you.

Chronia Torn's huge room is a warm cocoon of rotting silk and reflected light from chandeliers 50-feet up. Everything is beautiful and bright and falling apart. You see screens made from stacked glass and polished bricks of semiprecious stone. The floor is pale quartz sand, inch-deep over the rotted remains of granite flags. There are low lumps of abraded stone and the remains of sculpture, the only art to last.

Chronia takes a seat on a small couch near the center of the room. Beyond her is a small spherical structure to the Northwest, where Fracture-of-the-Bone resides. The back of the room is guarded by two large figures. Two sinewy men with blue-black skin stand at attention, 7-feet tall from shoulders to toes. Upon their shoulders sit 2-foot tall hourglasses containing red-quart sand. They are armed with a long khopesh in each hand.

"Tell me everything about everything," Chronia says as she sits, and offers you all cushioned stools close to her couch. Not too close, however. She drinks straight from a bottle of dark red wine.

Ashen introduces your group as her saviors. She especially notes the fact that Sharis the Triton personally protects her, and two of the other adventurers are a gob with magic and a felinoid-hybrid. She is quite proud of these facts. Chronia doesn't seem as interested in that.

"A lot has changed, Priestess," Chronia sighs wearily. "The Triarchy is no more. All your accumulated power holds no currency here."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Aug 06, 2017, 08:08 PM
Yoshiko room 28

Spoiler: show

Yoshiko watched with elation as her statue boyfriend took down the other statue. This shifted to concern as she saw him also fall to his knees, losing vines.

She made her way over the pig and saw... fire on vines. Walking over to the group, she took out a water pouch and sprinkled it over the fire before STOMPING on Aaron's remaining foot.

"TH' ELL Y'DOING!? Y'NEARLY KILLED M' NEW FRIEND!"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Dechado on Aug 06, 2017, 08:31 PM
Cat's sudden ramblings, made Luis assume the battle was over. He saw how Aaron's healthy foot was attacked by Yoshiko. He would have yelled at her for hurting his boyfriendfuzbro, but he was too tired and beaten up to start a discussion.

The pain on his shoulder was starting to increase, and any mobility of the arm was near impossible. He had to patch himself up, at least until he was able to gather his belongings that had spread through the floor with the fight.

With whines and painful moans, and often a swearing, he grabbed his dagger with his good arm, inserted the weapon inside his shirt, and ripped it off with a loud grunt.
Calling the Spiritual Pencil to help him, they used his clothing to improvise an arm sling.

"Aaron..." He coughed a bit, trying to improve his voice "Aaron, the fire..."

It certaintly wouldn't be good for anyone that a fire, no matter how small, started in some kind of maze, with no apparent exit for the smoke to leave.

Speaking of air. Bacon was a scent he still perceived.
His stomach grumbled.

Rest or Food. Quite the predicament.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Bobo on Aug 06, 2017, 10:06 PM
Aaron lets go of Create Bonfire as soon as he sees the last opposing statue crumble. He turns to address Yoshiko.

"Good, I see--OW!" He gives Yoshiko a half-confused, half-angry stare before turning towards Luis, dumping the healing potion down his furbro's throat.
(@cuteapoot:  2d4+2  = (3+3)+2 = 8 damage healed)

After discussion with his companions, Aaron sets about to finding a replacement for his missing foot. He begins to inspect the fallen statues, but quickly moves on due to the holes burned straight through the back of his head from Yoshiko's angry glare. He follows his nose to the weird big pig (his Arcana knowledge tells him this is a rare Dungeon Pig, one of the most delicious and rare pigs in the known world), chops an appropriate chunk of hoof and lower leg along with a solid strip of flank, and finds Luis.
@cuteapoot:  1d20+4 Arcana = (1)+4 = 5

"Can you, uh... help me with this? Also I got you some Dungeon Pig meat. It's a delicacy; we're quite fortunate to have found one."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Aug 06, 2017, 10:12 PM
Yoshiko Room 28
Spoiler: show

Yoshiko first took her... boyfriend and met up with the rest of the group.

"So ab..."
She cleared her throat, seeing that she was speaking to Aaron too.
"So about my friend you nearly killed by burning things... TWICE... He's... kind of my new boyfriend. Helped me against those other statues that you AGITATED. Also we danced."

She pointed at the owl.

"That one can attest to helping me. Now with that said, do NOT burn anymore vines here."

She took out a dagger, readying herself to quickly carve off the Id Pig's horns before anyone else would.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Bobo on Aug 06, 2017, 10:25 PM
(This is before Aaron starts searching for a new foot)

"I was not aware that I was harming your new ally," says Aaron, holding up a small chunk of meat for Owl as it tucks itself back in Aaron's hood. "I uh... apologize?" he glances at the statue, trying to figure out whether or not it understood anything he was saying.

@cuteapoot:  1d20-1 Insight = (17)-1 = 16
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Ten Dead Kings on Aug 06, 2017, 10:31 PM
"Just keep that thing controlled and we'll be fine, cat" Sovereign said pointing at the remaining statue, still angry over getting dragged into the fight. "I'm going back to the other room, you three can lick each other's wounds or whatever, I don't care."

She turns away and starts walking back to the throne room (room 5) , grumbling something about not helping them because she wanted to.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Bobo on Aug 06, 2017, 10:34 PM
(Again before searching for a foot)

"Thank you, blade mage. Would you like a second pair of eyes for that puzzle of yours?"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Aug 06, 2017, 10:40 PM
Yoshiko placed a hand on the statue's shoulder, in a gesture akin to "it's ok, don't beat that one up."

"Not sure if it understands speech. I'm going to go check the back and see if I can bring my friend outside. Also, watch the pig. It was nasty."

She spoke up to address Sovereign

"Also go 'head and check it, just don't die or somethin'. And DON'T BREAK THE TREASURE!"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Ten Dead Kings on Aug 06, 2017, 10:57 PM
Sovereign, without looking back just says, "Fine, whatever," and continues on, walking carefully through the shadow trap room, past the dead body of the old king, and sits down in a corner of the throne room, putting her pack down and leans back against the wall, trying to get some rest.

(Sovereign will take a short rest in Room 5)
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Q-Bit on Aug 07, 2017, 05:24 PM
Truman, with the Oku, Room 10:
Spoiler: show

While looking around the room at the various simple toys, Tutsan picks up the nearest chess piece from the set, a bishop. As a solid stone implement about 1-foot long Tutsan seems to identify it as a handy short club. He chirps happily as he practices swinging it, but then falls silent. Neither Agrimony nor Yarrow can move him as he goes catatonic.

There is the sound of something approaching from the Northwest room, like a jingling of windchimes or chains.

Truman, with the Oku, Room 10:
Spoiler: show
Seeing Tutsan suddenly freeze in place does nothing for Truman's nerves. The strange noise moving closer does even less.

"Either of you know what that noise approaching us is? Because if not, I suggest we grab Tutsan, try lifting him with our strengths combined, and make ourselves scarce."

Lai Shan probably came this way, but this room splinters off into so many others. My best guess is that she probably kept moving forward out of the room previous, and the northwest is obviously a no-go, so, northeast?
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Dechado on Aug 08, 2017, 11:38 AM
"Good, I see--OW!" He gives Yoshiko a half-confused, half-angry stare before turning towards Luis, dumping the healing potion down his furbro's throat.
(@cuteapoot:  2d4+2  = (3+3)+2 = 8 damage healed)

Still finding it difficult to process anything at a normal rate, he was barely able to see a big figure approach him. He seemed to be holding some crystal glass.
"Aaron what are you d- GLRBGH!"
Forced to drink, and almost chocking afterwards "Fucking shit Aaron you could have warned-..." But Sparkly stopped, as it occurred to him he was feeling way better after consuming what he now assumed had been the Healing Potion, he had handed to his bugbear friend a bit earlier.

"T-thanks..." With his face burning red, he said with a humbled tone. 

Thanks to Aaron's actions, Luis has recovered 8 HP! His health is now at 10/25!

Once his friend turned around and went deeper into the room, Luis managed to get on his two, and pick up what he had dropped during the combat. A sincere soft smile was painted on his face.

"I'm going back to the other room, you three can lick each other's wounds or whatever, I don't care."

"W-wait S-Sovereign, aren't you hurt too?" He said a bit shyly and worried "I c-can lick your wounds better if you want"
That's what wolves did when hurt, right? It was also a common thing between mer and men, right? Right?

While awaiting any response, Luis moved towards a wall, sitting softly, with a long sigh.

After discussion with his companions, Aaron sets about to finding a replacement for his missing foot. He begins to inspect the fallen statues, but quickly moves on due to the holes burned straight through the back of his head from Yoshiko's angry glare. He follows his nose to the weird big pig (his Arcana knowledge tells him this is a rare Dungeon Pig, one of the most delicious and rare pigs in the known world), chops an appropriate chunk of hoof and lower leg along with a solid strip of flank, and finds Luis.
@cuteapoot:  1d20+4 Arcana = (1)+4 = 5

"Can you, uh... help me with this? Also I got you some Dungeon Pig meat. It's a delicacy; we're quite fortunate to have found one."

"Aaron...but this is..." Luis knew he wouldn't like his response "Even if I patched it up, it would hurt like hell... I'm sorry, I don't think this is a good idea-" A grumbling sound cut him as he saw and sniffed the pig meat Aaron had brought him. Started drooling without him being aware.

How could he refuse aiding his furbro after he had brought something to eat.

"Alright..." He sighed, taking some bandages and medical tools from his Healer's kit. "I'm gonna need your Bonfire spell. I'll do my best to avoid you feeling any pain" He started removing the old bandages from Aaron's foot.

Luis' Medicine roll
1d20+4 = (14)+4 = 18

Adding some kind of anaesthesia first, he started suturing.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: GPS-Device on Aug 08, 2017, 07:46 PM
Sharis: Room 27
Spoiler: show

Sharis follows along, as confident as ever. As long as no hostility is shown towards him, he would hold none towards them.

"The center of the maze then! Why, to get here so soon, I'm beginning to worry that conquering this won't even be worth telling my neices and nephews!"

Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Bobo on Aug 08, 2017, 08:09 PM
Thanks to a moment of unusually perceptive reading of body language, perhaps because of the inherent newness of his experience with this statue, Aaron sees that Yoshiko's stony new ally understands him quite well. He smiles, delighted at the possibility of learning more of this creature, then his face falls.

"I-I am so sorry. I never meant to harm you or your companions. I..." he trails off, realizing just how horrific this experience may have been for this creature; depending on its level of sentience, of course. Quietly, he continues, "my gratitude for protecting the feline one, for whatever that may be worth."

Hunched over, Aaron continues over to the fallen Id Pig (which, as you may recall, he believes to be a rare Dungeon Pig), collecting its meat for Luis and its hoof for a temporary prosthetic (hopefully).

And now Aaron's timeline is finally back on track! Let's see how his and Luis' attempts at creating a peg leg work out...
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Aug 08, 2017, 09:15 PM
Chorden, Room2:
Spoiler: show
In which we flash-back to half-an-hour ago, when everyone split off into different directions, and left little lizardy Chorden back in Room 2...

You kneel on the floor and prepare your mapping tools, fully intending to catch up to the others. If only they hadn't made it so difficult by scattering the group in all directions! You have your things together and are about to go down on path or the other...

Suddenly, behind you, a moon-faced gentleman in strange robes appears. "Greetings, small friend. Welcome to my Mistress's Maze. Do you have business here? A deposit of a new prisoner, perhaps? All new visitors must be processed properly or leave the premises at once!"

(http://i.imgur.com/sMHvJgI.jpg)

Under the light cast by the gentleman's head, you feel your feet rooted to the floor, and feel compelled to answer this polite new presence with only truthful responses. There is no physical evidence of his entry into the room, as if he'd manifested out of air.

"I am Torgos Zooth, the Medusa's majordomo. And you would be...?"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Aug 08, 2017, 09:26 PM
Truman, with the Oku, Room 10:
Truman, with the Oku, Room 10:
Spoiler: show
Truman, with the Oku, Room 10:
Seeing Tutsan suddenly freeze in place does nothing for Truman's nerves. The strange noise moving closer does even less.

"Either of you know what that noise approaching us is? Because if not, I suggest we grab Tutsan, try lifting him with our strengths combined, and make ourselves scarce."
Spoiler: show
Agrimony chirps nervously. "Don't know the sound! But I'm sure it's not good-oku!" She and Yarrow try to help you heft Tutsan to the next room. Tutsan remains silent but sounds like he's trying to speak. His body is rigid as a statue, his hand tightly clutching the stone chess bishop like a man possessed.

You reach the Northeast door opening to a stark white room with a 6-inch wide black line running straight across to the North wall. As you reach the entryway, a cluster of sinuous figures appears from the Northwest door in the room you are fleeing.

A trio of lithe machete-wielding female reptilians emerge, their bulging chameleon eyes rolling around to survey the room. "You there! Halt!" the boldest (and shortest) chameleon woman shouts at you, pointing a delicate clawed finger. As she moves, her many bracelets jangle, the telltale sound you heard from the other room. "I, Nadzikambia of the Neonate Empire Wilderness Bureau, claim this Maze as a Lizardfolk Heritage Site! Its treasures belong to us, by ancient rights!" She flicks her curly tongue to show you she means business.

While she talks, the other two chameleon women (one with a rusted holy symbol at her neck) case the room, searching for valuables but finding only junky toy-things. Noting the relative uniqueness and craftsmanship of the oversized chess set, the lizard-girls begin throwing pieces into a large bag.

The lead lizard points at the chess piece in Tutsan's hand. "Come on, give us the goods, warm-blood!"
(http://i.imgur.com/3wngjhR.jpg)
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Aug 08, 2017, 10:08 PM
Aaron/Luis/Yoshiko, Room 28:
Spoiler: show

Is anyone else taking a short rest while Sovereign does?

Yoshiko:
(http://i.imgur.com/CZMYjFU.jpg)
The statue heeds your words and makes no move to attack anyone against your wishes. Steadying himself on you, he stands and begins to scout the room for any more threats to your well-being.

You saw off the Id Pig's horns, which tingle with infernal magic as you tuck them away into your pack. (OOC: Each horn is a 1d3+1 magic weapon, piercing damage only, can be thrown like a lawn dart. Possibly probably cursed.)

Aaron:
@cuteapoot:  1d20+4 Arcana = (5)+4 = 9
@cuteapoot:  1d20+4 History = (11)+4 = 15
Luis' Medicine roll - 1d20+4 = (14)+4 = 18

Calling upon your scholarly research, you know full well that grafting new limbs onto a living patient is a risky operation regardless of the patient's hardiness. There are few verified accounts of successful surgery without the use of magic, and with the use of magic it would still take the abilities of a highly trained medical-magus. The concept is controversial but not unproven, however recovery from such a physically traumatic procedure would take a few days, even with the aid of healing spells to fend off all sorts of diseases.

There are legends of warriors with monster claws grafted to replace their lost sword hands, and formerly blind sages cured with the eyes of fallen angels--nothing like the demon-foot transplant you are planning. All that said, with the right mage and well-prepared precautions, it can be done.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: ZigZagaroo on Aug 08, 2017, 11:55 PM
Chorden, with Torgos Zooth, Room 2
Spoiler: show
"Greetings, small friend. Welcome to my Mistress's Maze. Do you have business here? A deposit of a new prisoner, perhaps? All new visitors must be processed properly or leave the premises at once!"
Quote
A jolt of fear had shot up through Chorden's spine at the greetings of the unknown dweller behind him. With a dagger in hand Chorden quickly turned to face his enemy with a cold stare, yet whatever ferocity he mustered was quickly replaced with a sense of dumbfoundedness at the sight of the large headed moon man.

"What sort of creature is this? A deity fallen down from the stars above? A trickster spirit?... Is he made of cheese?" Chorden internally questioned to himself.

However these questions had escaped his thoughts as he noticed a great light had began emitting from the odd being. Such illumination must have carried a great power Chorden thought, for as it shined upon him his feet had suddenly been planted into the floor he stood upon. Unable to move an inch, he found himself at the mercy of this creature as he carried on with his message...

"I am Torgos Zooth, the Medusa's majordomo. And you would be...?"
Quote
"Majordomo", a word Chorden had sworn he knew. Thinking back long enough he recalled coming across it while looking through a page of one of Aaron's books, a "chief steward" he believed it was? All he knew was that this "Torgos Zooth" held a high position in this supposed prison, and it was enough.

It would have been smart to bluff his way out of this powerful hold, a lone measly Kobold looking for a polished trinket would have perhaps made a good enough excuse for his situation. Yet something compelled him to dissuade such thoughts, the very power that held him prisoner must had been forcing him to speak only honesty to the being before him. Refusing to lock eyes with Torgos, Chorden began to speak in disgruntled stutter...

"My...My n-name is...Chorden. I've...entered this d-domain w..w-with a company of others, searching for whatever treasure and fortune this place holds. Or at least what th...th..they s-seek, I only w-wished to come because I b-b-believed that i-if the l-legends were true..." Chorden hesitated for a moment as a look of fear appeared on his face. Not for the one who had control of him, but for what clawed deep in the back of his mind. As he continued, Chorden broke into a fit of shivering..." If the legends were t-true, that they would...or at l-least o-o-one of them would r-remain to g-guard such a f-fortune. I must... I must find my Lords..." He remained silent for a moment, as if to gather as much courage as he could to finish his sentence.

As he looked up to Torgos Zooth square in the eye he exclaimed..."I must find the Dragons!...Please tell me, are they here?!"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Aug 09, 2017, 12:08 AM
Yoshiko Room 28-???

Spoiler: show

"Well, now that tis' all settled, I'ma go check'n 'nother room back there."

Yoshiko clung onto the Statue Boyfriend's arm, pulling him towards the door labelled "Storage".

"Alright lessee whass'n ere. Oh, by the by.."

She engaged her boyfriend.

"Y'wouldn' 'appen t'know where y'vines lead would'ya? Tryn' t'figure out 'ow t'git you outta 'ere."


Perception roll for the room if neccessary:
@Jiisuri:  1d20 +4  = (9)+4 = 13

Yoshiko will slowly check out the room and, if safe, rest in there.

Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: fukur0 on Aug 09, 2017, 07:05 AM
Seth, Room 27:
Spoiler: show
Seth just remained quiet even after the beetle had been defeated. It was less of him being in a bad mood from what had happened previous (both the arrow not hitting and his venture through that weird white room [Room 23]) but more there just wasn't anything that needed to be said. Just collect the treasure and head towards where his other teammates planned to go. He was used to being just the follower.

He had zoned out of the situation for a little while before yet another pretty woman makes her introduction to the the group - a miss Chronia Torn. Next thing he knows, the group is heading towards the next room.

Waiting behind her is a stubby little chalk-white creature, roughly bulldog-shaped but with a flat piranha-like face and a ridge of spines on its back like a lionfish. "Come, visitors! Fracture-of-the-Bone won't bite unless asked politely." The stubby piranha-dog snorts happily and goes to each of you to sniff a hand or leg.

(http://i.imgur.com/jVTJK3s.png)

As he walks behind the group, he notices he was being sniffed by the piranha-mutt and that it was being uncomfortably close to his cloak.

(http://i.imgur.com/A2zslQN.png)

(http://i.imgur.com/FSDA3ms.png)

"Damn dog," He murmured with a hint of annoyance in his voice. He continues to follow the group into [Room 27].
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Aug 09, 2017, 08:26 AM
Yoshiko and Boyfriend, Room 31 (Gardener's Hovel) and Room 32 (Storage):
Spoiler: show

As you pass through the ransacked apartment you find a vine-wrapped human skeleton wedged partly underneath the bed.

You find the STORAGE door closed but unlocked. Beyond the door is a mess of collapsed shelves and broken ceramic jars. The statue refused to enter, like a stubborn child.

At the back of the room are 4 jars intact, each holding a dark bluish substance in them. The jars are labeled "HERBICIDE" in Common.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Aug 09, 2017, 09:25 AM
Chorden, Room 2:
Spoiler: show
Torgos walks closer calmly. He's actually rather short-bodied, with his massive head comprising one-third of his stature.

'Dragons? Oh my. You may need to consult the Reptile Archive to the farthest corner Northwest of us. The King holds all knowledge of dragons here."

He begins to wax sentimental. "There were many dragons on my homeworld," he laments. "Alas, a forgotten moon from a forgotten age!"

"I believe there was an uninvited dragon-woman around here, but she's no noble beast, just a dirty spy. If you see her again, report her to me at once!"

"Do you need an escort to the Archive, small friend Chorden?'
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Aug 09, 2017, 10:13 AM
Yoshiko Room 31-28

Spoiler: show

"Ah..."
Yoshiko left the room quickly, rejoining her Boyfriend.
"Settles it then, th'vines be what keep y'going. By which case..."

Yoshiko headed back to the two fuzzy boys.

"Any of you know if the vines can survive on its own when cut out? And if not, maybe... trace the source of the vines on my pal here?"



Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: ZigZagaroo on Aug 09, 2017, 02:51 PM
Chorden, Room 2
Spoiler: show
'Dragons? Oh my. You may need to consult the Reptile Archive to the farthest corner Northwest of us. The King holds all knowledge of dragons here."

He begins to wax sentimental. "There were many dragons on my homeworld," he laments. "Alas, a forgotten moon from a forgotten age!"
Quote
Chorden felt somewhat relieved by Toros' reply, hearing no hostility in his words. Whatever his intentions were, it seemed he didn't intend on taking his life (for the time being at least). However, the mention of "The King" had caught Chorden off guard.

"The King? I thought this "Medusa", the Ashen woman mentioned, was the one who ruled over this prison?" Chorden thought to himself. "Could he share the power alongside her? Or is it simply a title of importance?"

"I believe there was an uninvited dragon-woman around here, but she's no noble beast, just a dirty spy. If you see her again, report her to me at once!"
Quote
Dragon-woman? He couldn't mean that Lady Capilli creature he saw before could he? What an insult then, to refer her as one of his kin. Though she did carry her curved horns and wings as proudly as a dragon would, her cloven hooves and nearly human face betrayed the image of one. Even he, a lowly Kobold could say with utmost certainty that such a comparison would insult even the mighty Dragonborn. Friend or Foe, Chorden without a doubt knew she was not of his kin.

"Do you need an escort to the Archive, small friend Chorden?'
Quote
Chorden felt a bit of fear well up in his underbelly at the offer, yet he couldn't refuse. Besides, making this trip could give him a better idea of the layout of this domain. It could even allow him to rejoin with the others if the chance arose. With a slight nod to his captor, Chorden agreed to the escort.

"Yes, by all means lead the way..."



Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Bobo on Aug 09, 2017, 03:15 PM
(This is mostly for clarification, since I think I confused just about everybody with Aaron's recent actions.)

Aaron, Rooms 28-29
Spoiler: show

With Aaron's wound freshly dressed by Luis as cleanly and comfortably as possible, he sets about to the task of constructing an attachment for his Dungeon Pig hoof peg foot (try to say that five times fast).

He scrapes away the meat and skin from the hoof, cleaning it as well as he can with water and sanitizing with a bit of fire (away from the vines, of course). He strips some of the skin off of the Id Pig, hoping to use it to create leather components for his peg foot, but the skin is too soft and has too much fleshy gunk on it to use without hours of careful scraping.

Abandoning this idea (but keeping the skin, just in case), Aaron looks for bits of wood he can use to create a sort of splint connecting the sides of the leg bone to a sort of pouch made of a section of his blanket (which is becoming less and less of a blanket and more and more of just loose fabric). The wooden planks extend up a bit to another strip of blanket, which Aaron uses to tie the peg foot to his stump leg.

He tests out his new peg foot, making sure it can bear his weight and that it's not too painful to put pressure on that leg.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Aug 09, 2017, 05:28 PM
Chorden, Room 2 > Room 149:
Spoiler: show

Chorden felt a bit of fear well up in his underbelly at the offer, yet he couldn't refuse. Besides, making this trip could give him a better idea of the layout of this domain. It could even allow him to rejoin with the others if the chance arose. With a slight nod to his captor, Chorden agreed to the escort.

"Yes, by all means lead the way..."

Torgos Zooth fills the room with his light, and in a second you are in the Reptile Archives. You find yourself in a room surrounded by piles of parchment--a maddening number of unsorted scrolls.

"Here, my tiny friend! The Archives!" Torgos announces. "Err, I believe this is Linneax Gruel's chamber--she really is the most agreeable of the librarian mummies. Where can she have gone?" He paces the room and steps lightly over some random scrolls. "My Mistress will certainly want to know about this!"

"To the North you will find memorials to the Nyctocaust, a dread period in the Reptile Empire's history. Perhaps you'll find some clues there that will lead you toward dragons, or the King himself..."

The moon-man looks around quietly before continuing. "If you, er, go exploring about the Archives, would you be so kind...that is to say..."

He lowers his tone. "I have reason to believe that my sons are being held somewhere in the Archives," he admits nervously. "Er, the Medusa has her reasons, I'm sure. I think it's to keep me loyal, but she has no fear of that! No, no. I'd...just really like to know where they are, and that they're all right. And if you could bring them to me safely, I will award you my most prized possessions!" The large-faced man's tiny eyes well up with tears, but he composes himself.

"A-ha! Glorious day in the Maze to you! I pray to all the Gods-That-Remain that you find your dragons. My office is within the Medusa's private Almery," he notes, and points Eastward. "I'm sure we will cross paths again soon!"

(http://i.imgur.com/NdZGyzb.jpg)



Aaron, Room 28:
Spoiler: show
You find additional materials in (Room 34), which turns out to be a basic gardening shed with all the necessary implements for the gardening trade. Trying to steady yourself on this makeshift prosthetic is bearable but still unpleasant. This recovery will take a great while.

From your inspection of the vines, you see that fire harms them more than anything, even being severed. So it serves to reason that even severed, the life magic that infuses the vines remains intact. However, it is unknown how long this animating effect will last on the statues after separated from the main plant.

@cuteapoot:  1d20+2  = (10)+2 = 12 > Constitution
@cuteapoot:  1d20+2 Nature = (13)+2 = 15
@cuteapoot:  1d20+4 Arcana = (18)+4 = 22
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: A Bad Idea on Aug 09, 2017, 05:36 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/F356v3x.jpg)
Lai Shan/Seth/Sharis, with Ashen, Room 27:
Spoiler: show

(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/332275546618593281/343961794102034432/ChroniaTorn_copy.jpg)
Immediately, she beamed a friendly smile. "I'm glad you'll have us Ms. Torn, I'm very excited to be here! Everything I've seen in here so far has been far beyond my wildest imagination. I would love to see more!"
[OOC: Lai Shan rolling Insight to discern Chronia's possible intent: 1d20+2 = (13)+2 = 15]
Lai Shan:
Chronia is slightly taken aback by your enthusiasm, but returns your smile. "Oh...okay. That's a little weird. Most people are sobbing messes by the time they reach the center of the Maze. Still, it's nice that you're not like that. I mean, I'm glad." She smiles a little nervously.

To your keen and experienced eye, you see the woman bare, and not just physically. She seems lonely and eager to entertain visitors, and she's more than a little tipsy. She searches your face and each of your party members' faces. For every smile she sees, her own grin brightens.

As she enters her room, she chucks the candle stub in a wooden bucket with similar melted candles. "Come inside," she urges you.

Chronia Torn's huge room is a warm cocoon of rotting silk and reflected light from chandeliers 50-feet up. Everything is beautiful and bright and falling apart. You see screens made from stacked glass and polished bricks of semiprecious stone. The floor is pale quartz sand, inch-deep over the rotted remains of granite flags. There are low lumps of abraded stone and the remains of sculpture, the only art to last.

Chronia takes a seat on a small couch near the center of the room. Beyond her is a small spherical structure to the Northwest, where Fracture-of-the-Bone resides. The back of the room is guarded by two large figures. Two sinewy men with blue-black skin stand at attention, 7-feet tall from shoulders to toes. Upon their shoulders sit 2-foot tall hourglasses containing red-quart sand. They are armed with a long khopesh in each hand.

"Tell me everything about everything," Chronia says as she sits, and offers you all cushioned stools close to her couch. Not too close, however. She drinks straight from a bottle of dark red wine.

Ashen introduces your group as her saviors. She especially notes the fact that Sharis the Triton personally protects her, and two of the other adventurers are a gob with magic and a felinoid-hybrid. She is quite proud of these facts. Chronia doesn't seem as interested in that.

"A lot has changed, Priestess," Chronia sighs wearily. "The Triarchy is no more. All your accumulated power holds no currency here."


Lai Shan, room 27

Spoiler: show
Lai Shan puts a finger to her chin and tilts her head quizzically, feigning ignorance.

"I'm afraid there's not much to say, my lady. Our world is awfully dull. To be truthful, it is the reason we ventured into this maze in search of adventure."

She takes a moment to glance around the room. She makes a mental note of the hourglasses' current volume of sand, so that she could reference it later.

"However, Sharis here might have tales to tell from deep beneath the tides. Why, his entire odyssey is ascribed onto his very body!" Lai Shan claimed excitedly, trying her best to sell up the decorated ocean man.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Aug 09, 2017, 05:52 PM
Lai Shan/Sharis/Seth, Room 27:
Spoiler: show

Lai Shan puts a finger to her chin and tilts her head quizzically, feigning ignorance.

"I'm afraid there's not much to say, my lady. Our world is awfully dull. To be truthful, it is the reason we ventured into this maze in search of adventure."

She takes a moment to glance around the room. She makes a mental note of the hourglasses' current volume of sand, so that she could reference it later.
Chronia Torn pouts and takes another drink. "Oh poo, that's no fun," she sulks. "You sound just like this one, back in the day. 'No, Mistress, there is nothing worthy of you outside! Stay in this palace and we'll bring you everything you need!', isn't that right?" She points at Ashen Chanterelle.

Chronia barely conceals her wounded look. "You never knew what I needed," she tells Ashen bitterly. "None of you did. We three were just figureheads to you."

"However, Sharis here might have tales to tell from deep beneath the tides. Why, his entire odyssey is ascribed onto his very body!" Lai Shan claimed excitedly, trying her best to sell up the decorated ocean man.
Quote
Chronia is more enthused about this potentially juicy tale. "Oh, the triton!" she says with fascination. "I've always been told the tritons were the vanguard of the Triarchy! Did you know that?" She giggles. "Tell me everything about everything! What is your name? Where are you from? What are you doing in this godforsaken Maze?"

Fracture-of-the-Bone ambles up to Chronia's couch and nibbles at her fingers.

Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Bobo on Aug 09, 2017, 06:41 PM
Aaron, room 28
Spoiler: show
Wincing, Aaron turns to Yoshiko.

"It would--ah--appear--hnng--that severing a vine does not immediately kill it, nor does it nullify the magic; however, I do believe the magic would fade over time. Perhaps if we can extract the roots and preserve the plant, our new--er--friend can come with us."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: GPS-Device on Aug 09, 2017, 08:20 PM
Sharis: room 27
Spoiler: show

Sharis pounds his chest, letting out a laugh that seems to emanate from his entire body.

"HA! But only a few of the triton's mightiest deeds lie etched upon my skin! But indeed, Lai Shan, the Triton have many great tales to share to the few who remain who do not know them!"

He turns to face their host as she addresses him.

"The Triton served as the vanguard to the Triarchy? Ah, the Lady Torn must be speaking of the Three Sirens! I had never considered them to be one and the same. A translation lost on the tides I suppose! It seems you already know some of the glory of the Triton, but what, do you know-"

Sharis strikes a Herculean pose, flexing his body.

"Of the Ahlorsath? Would you hear of Pylorus, he who stole the power of the storms, and shared a portion of it with all Tritons to follow? Would you hear of Reflyn, she who singlehandedly hunted and slew the mighty Red Kraken? Or perhaps Koralas, who pulled the Blue Dragon, who plagued the ships of land walkers, out of the sky so that his brothers and arms could slay the beast?"

With every new story, he changes poses, flexing, emphasizing a different tattoo. He strikes one last pose, both arms to his side, emphasizing his abs, and the ornate tattoo decorating them.

"Or perhaps the best to start with, is the first to bare the name? Primaris Ahlorsath, who swam deeper into the seas than any before him, alone, and found the ancient caverns for which the Triton would rebuild our civilization after the earliest of the armageddons to reach the sea floor."

He relaxes his posture, but stands proud.

"I am Sharis Ahlorsath, a proud warrior of the Ahlorsath line, defender of the Triton Kingdom deep at the sea floor. As part of our duties, I have traveled to the surface world, scouring the lands for scourges to uproot, dark treasures to gather to protect the land walkers from their own greed and avarice, and deeds of might and valor that my descendants to follow shall bear my own visage upon their bodies in reverent remembrance."

Sharis gestures to Ashen.

"The Fair Lady has told me in this maze lie the 3 goddesses themselves, and the mighty medusa who reigns here. So truly, what greater deed could there be, than to rediscover goddesses long since lost to time, and to best the warden who holds them?"
History check:  `1d20+1`  = (20)+1 = 21
Religion Check with advantage because the Triton are SUPER intense about their heritage:
 `1d20+1`  = (2)+1 = 3
 `1d20+1`  = (16)+1 = 17
 
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Aug 09, 2017, 09:41 PM
Yoshiko Room 28
Spoiler: show

"Hmnnn... guess there's no 'elping it."
Yoshiko observed trail of vines from the Boyfriend.

"In that case I'd like you t'elp me find his roots and pull em out. Transfer em t'say... a pot o' dirt. Should be some with th'gardening tools there."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: ZigZagaroo on Aug 09, 2017, 11:04 PM
Chorden, Room 149
Spoiler: show
Torgos Zooth fills the room with his light, and in a second you are in the Reptile Archives. You find yourself in a room surrounded by piles of parchment--a maddening number of unsorted scrolls.

"Here, my tiny friend! The Archives!" Torgos announces. "Err, I believe this is Linneax Gruel's chamber--she really is the most agreeable of the librarian mummies. Where can she have gone?" He paces the room and steps lightly over some random scrolls. "My Mistress will certainly want to know about this!"
Quote
It took a moment for Chorden's eyes to readjust from the sudden brightening light. Opening them he was almost astounded to find himself in a room filled with scrolls laying all across the floors. Such a vast collection of knowledge would surely be worth admiration to most, yet Chorden couldn't help but find himself unimpressed by it's condition.

"Tsk.. You'd think a mass of knowledge such as this would be better organized." Chorden uttered in disdain, perhaps irritated that somewhere in these archives, the history of his kin is being left in such a state of disarray."Reed manages to keep her library more organized than this, and she's merely one Elf."

However, Chorden was curious to see the contents held within these vast scrolls. He reached down for a scroll, opening it to skim through it's contents to understand what it held. He continued to skim through as many scrolls as he could before focusing his attention back on Torgos Zooth...

Investigation roll for the contents of the scrolls:
1d20+1 = (12)+1 = 13

"To the North you will find memorials to the Nyctocaust, a dread period in the Reptile Empire's history. Perhaps you'll find some clues there that will lead you toward dragons, or the King himself..."
Quote
"Perfect",Chorden said to himself, now having a clear idea on where to search. However, he couldn't help but try to recall his memory of the Reptile Empire. Perhaps he heard tales of the empire, with the company of his clan years ago.

History roll on the Reptile Empire:
1d20-1 = (3)-1 = 2

Nevertheless there was no time to reflect on the past, for his task had been laid before him. Yet before he could march into the Nyctocaust, he stopped in his tracks as Torgos spoke out to him...

The moon-man looks around quietly before continuing. "If you, er, go exploring about the Archives, would you be so kind...that is to say..."

He lowers his tone. "I have reason to believe that my sons are being held somewhere in the Archives," he admits nervously. "Er, the Medusa has her reasons, I'm sure. I think it's to keep me loyal, but she has no fear of that! No, no. I'd...just really like to know where they are, and that they're all right. And if you could bring them to me safely, I will award you my most prized possessions!" The large-faced man's tiny eyes well up with tears, but he composes himself.
Quote
Such emotional ties were the last thing Chorden wanted to deal with in this strange domain. With his small size how could he protect anyone from any starving beast that could come along? Any attempt he could make to save a life would mean certain death for him. Yet even so, he couldn't force himself to reject his request. Not only had he brought him to the archives to begin with, but now he makes the promise of a reward to come. Though regardless of such a promise, Chorden knew he owed him for taking him this far.

He began walking towards the Nyctocaust, stopping midway to turn back to Torgos,"You expect far too much from a creature of my stature, it would have been wiser to seek out one of the others to help your sons....But...I-I'll see what I can do..."

Perception roll for the Nyctocaust
1d20+7 = (18)+7 = 25




 
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Aug 10, 2017, 05:49 PM
Chorden, Room 149:
Spoiler: show

(http://i.imgur.com/F4QQJQP.jpg)

Torgos Zooth vanishes into light. "Find me in the Almery if you find out about my sons, small one. Good luck on your search." His words echo behind him, leaving you with the mess of scrolls.

You paw through random scrolls, finding mostly dry or irrelevant sounding diatribes. Included in your search are:
  • A clinical denial of social indicators and their correlation to scale-shape
  • An index to a library of the political analysis of recreational basking times
  • A letter debating "Dwarf Analysis", a new paradigm
Fiddling with the first scroll, the one labeled as a document refuting scale-shape and its alleged relation to certain socio-behavioral markers in lizardfolk, you find additional writing in the margins! This is in fact a cleverly hidden scroll of the Stone to Flesh spell!

In (Room 151), you find two automated weaving machines producing and unproducing the same tapestry. The handle on each enchanted weaver slowly clicks round, notch by notch. One makes, the other unpicks. When the cloth reaches its end, the process simply repeats back the other way. The pictographs reveal that the tapestry is a record of The Nyctocaust. A cursed event that, due to its nature, can never be forgotten, or fully recorded. This endlessly destroyed and recreated tapestry is the only record that exists.

Right now, only one moment in a grand scene is depicted: a rain of burning books. At the rate the weavers are working, the next scene in the illustrated tapestry will not be revealed until tomorrow.

The memorial continues in the dark room to the East. Over the doorway (where hangs a heavy black curtain instead of a door) there is a warning in many known languages, from Common and Reptilian to even languages you cannot recognize. "BRING NO LIGHT INSIDE" the entry warns.


Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: ZigZagaroo on Aug 10, 2017, 08:24 PM
Chorden, Room 151
Spoiler: show
The scrolls Chorden acquired he found had very little value to him and his quest. He had not the time nor the interest to read about such menial topics. However, as he skimmed through the first scroll once more he noticed traces of writing hidden within the margins. Examining the hidden text he speculated that this scroll must had some affiliation to the arcane. Even though such a transcript had very little use to him, surely Aaron would put it to good use. Once Chorden rejoins the others, he'll be sure to remember to let him inspect it.

As Chorden trudged along through the archives, he stopped for a moment to witness the workings of the weaving machines before him. The imagery of burning books constantly flashed before him as the tapestry shifted from existence to non-existence. Such an image brought him back to the memories of the library, to Lady Reed, which in turn gave way to such disconcerting thoughts. He knew that if his quest didn't end in death, then failure would be the most likely outcome. Though as he watched the tapestry continuously reform and dissolve, treading along  the Archives he couldn't help but ask himself,"Once we leave...will there even be a home to return to?..."

Finally he made his way to a darkened doorway, decorated with large black curtains, marked with a warning,"BRING NO LIGHT INSIDE". Suffice it to say Chorden was put at unease by such an entrance into the unknown, yet he couldn't allow such a disturbance to dissuade him now. His dark vision would guide him through the room just fine, what he needed to be wary of was whatever traps or creatures that could be lying in wait. As he began his journey into the dreadful darkness, one other important question lingered in the back of his mind...

"...Why is there a letter on "Dwarf Analysis" in the Reptile Archives?"

Perception roll:
1d20+7 = (6)+7 = 13

Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Aug 10, 2017, 10:24 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/xdvSjOf.jpg)

Sharis/Lai Shan/Seth, with Ashen, Room 27:
Spoiler: show
Sharis:
Chronia grows increasingly excited as you tell your tales. With every flex her expression dances between curiosity, surprise, and delight. She is well drunk by now. Her breath falls from her lips like cold mist, and she wipes her lips.

"You're truly just as amazing a Triton as I would've believed," she commends you. "I'm so glad to hear the Tritons devote themselves to heroism, and to noble goals. I think it suits them, and...well as penance goes it should alleviate their guilt in the eyes of history." She smiles. "We don't all get that chance. I hope you do get to make up for your people's mistakes..."

"And to be sure, the rescue of the famous Three Goddesses would be such a feat, worthy of your great power. But there are a number of problems, and I doubt your quest will end how you think it will end."

Ashen begins to protest, but a clearly annoyed Chronia motions for her to be silent, so she obeys. "Enough of you, Priestess," Chronia hisses.

"My sisters and I have pretty strange relationships with the world around us. I'm sure you felt something when I left my room. I can hardly travel the Maze without disrupting the flow of time. Zamia, beloved by all, and Charity, the ender of strife, have similar situations. And even if we did make it back outside, I only fear everything would start back up again. The Triarchy, reborn?" She spits. "No, we're better than that now."

"Also, you really think you can kill Psathyrella Medusae, anyway?" She looks worried for you. "Oh, sweet hero. Armies have tried. Gods have fallen in the attempt. No, don't underestimate Ella. That's always the first and last mistake."

"But...perhaps you won't leave empty handed? I have something to grant a noble warrior, in return for a favor. It is said my tears have an affect craved by mortals. Have you heard of the Tears of Time?"

Lai Shan:
The hourglass men observe the room calmly.

Beyond them on the far North wall is a half-shattered glass curio cabinet stuffed with aged books and knick-knacks.
(http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-IZiH3XkKeXA/VNCY-TCgWaI/AAAAAAAAXK0/c5T5UL0YYrM/s1600/hourglass_head.jpg)


Aaron/Sovereign, Room 5:
Spoiler: show

Sovereign:
As you rest, your mind begins to stir with images of flashing blades in the dark. You see yourself duelling a great opponent, their face in shadow, their blade quick as lightning. In the final moments of the duel, something shifts, as if the ground moves or gravity tilts. You only see blood and blackness, and in your heart know that you've lost this battle. Was it through failure of your own training, or your opponent's trickery? The familiar face of Sir Grace stands somewhere in the night, calling out to you, waiting for you to join him in death.

Aaron:
You skirt the shadow room where you lost your foot, and enter (Room 6), where lies the corpse of an old man. You go West to the room where Sovereign is resting.

First you see two skeletons on the floor, wearing garments similar to the old man in the previous room. You see 3 stone thrones against the North wall (with space for a 4th). Each throne has an inscription on the chair-back and slots in the right armrest.

The West wall has a large inscription stretching from the ceiling to the floor.
"Here sit the Four Sons of Chronia ~
Sanguifluus, whose kingdom is Winter, ever-long and ruinous
Semotus, the Autumn's Lord, promising bounty and decay
Silvaticus, Lord of Summer, whose rule is passionate flame
Subfoetens, Prince of Spring, whose reign is yet to come"


The first throne bears this inscription on its back:
"You'd like to spend the night with me
But if you spend all day with me,
We'll sleep together."


The second throne says:
"I am a heavy burden
But anyone will take me from you."


The third throne says:
"My clock keeps years
Not minutes."


On the south side of the room, three knights kneel in silent vigil over the empty thrones. Each knight's armor is a different color: green, gold, and shiny chrome. Each of the knights hold a sword in their hand, and each of the three swords have different patterned hilts. The green knight holds a sword with a hilt of rust-colored metal etched like grapevines, the pommel resembling a bunch of grapes. The gold knight's sword hilt is gold-plated with a pommel shaped like a little crown. The chrome knight's sword hilt is an ashen pewter color, shaped like a tree.


Chorden, Room 152:
Spoiler: show
Beyond the warnings and the heavy black curtain, you find an eternally dark sculpture memorial to the worst event in Reptile Empire history. Creatures with lesser vision than yours would have to navigate this exhibit by touch. The walls and even floor are covered in a gigantic raised-relief mural of skeletons and death, embossed scenes of horror and the last days of the Empire's capital city, Nyctopolis. The whole room resonates a creepy calm.

During the decline of the Reptile Empire, likely in the last days of their war with the Triarchy, an attack was launched on Nyctopolis that burned the tallest towers and killed the city's guardian dragons. You find the engraved images of several dragon skulls in the floor, forming almost a flower pattern. There is an image depicting a king, perhaps ruler of the reptiles.

In the far end of the room, scratching quietly at the floor, you see a creature like a moving statue.
(https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/93/e9/08/93e908bddbc2440abe9cb127834d6e6c--hand-sculpture-bronze-sculpture.jpg)
Two hands joined together, the creature runs its fingers along the raised imagery. As one hand touches the floor, the other scrapes its fingertips along the bare ceiling 12-feet above. It quietly begins to move your way...

(http://i.imgur.com/uCQcEfm.jpg)
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: ZigZagaroo on Aug 11, 2017, 06:03 PM
Chorden, Room 152
Spoiler: show
Chorden stood paralyzed with fear, unable to comprehend the twisted form that crawled towards him. As the disturbing hands drew ever closer, terror quickly grabbed full hold of Chorden's mind, too much to allow any rational thought. Unable to think of the possible consequences of his actions, he quickly grabbed hold of his blowgun and shakingly loaded a single dart. With a swift gust of panicked breath, the dart bursts out of it's holding's, heading towards the creature...

Dexterity roll:
@ZigZagaroo 1d20+3 = (4)+3 = 7
In such a state of fear, Chorden could hardly keep his aim steady, as his uncontrollably shook with his blowgun in hand. The dart had completely flew past it's intended target, supposedly striking somewhere on the carved mural.

Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Aug 11, 2017, 08:29 PM
Chorden, Room 150-151:
Spoiler: show
Almost as soon as you raise your blowgun the hand-golem scrambles forwards. Like a bouncer, it shoves you out through the black curtain into the weaving room. For as long as it remains in the memorial sculpture it will deny you access.

Leaning against the wall near the first weaving machine, a darkly hooded figure in a black-and-white bird mask watches with arms folded. Two others in bird masks enter the room from the South.

'Not too smart-oku," the hooded figure says. "It's rather poor taste to fire a weapon in a war memorial, innit? Unless your goal was to get a rise out of the Curator. If so, you've succeeded-oku! He gets real touchy when works of art are at risk-oku!"

The two other bird-masked people wear matching leather armor, but one is very tall and one is very short, almost as short as you. They chirp and coo idly as they wait for further instructions from their boss.

"Well, you'll have to do-oku," the leader bird sighs, without waiting for your response. "You're gonna play lookout for us, see, while we do a quick job." The trio of birds move back South to the messy scroll room (Room 149). Kicking aside scrolls, they clear a space next to the East wall. From their backpacks they prepare chisels and hand-drills.

"S'a room back here with no door-oku," the leader explains. "Just keep an eye out, shorty. If that Curator peeks out, or anyone else, let us know-oku!"


Luis/Yoshiko, with Boyfriend:
Spoiler: show
Luis:
You sit in the darkness of the quiet garden room, formerly home to a sextet of hand-carved memorial statues, now home to only one. The boyfriend statue paces the room to protect you while you recuperate from your recent ordeal.

When your rest is over, you realize that the walls and floor are blooming with new vines. In the spaces where Aaron had burned the life-giving vines, twice as many have grown in their place. The vines seem to scatter to other rooms Southward, having their origin at some point North of you.

The Id Pig's carcass is gone, having been quietly taken away by some unknown predator. There are no drag marks to indicate where it might have gone, but several disturbed flagstones hint that the body may have been dragged underneath the floor.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Q-Bit on Aug 11, 2017, 08:54 PM
Truman, with the Oku, Room 10:
Spoiler: show
Agrimony chirps nervously. "Don't know the sound! But I'm sure it's not good-oku!" She and Yarrow try to help you heft Tutsan to the next room. Tutsan remains silent but sounds like he's trying to speak. His body is rigid as a statue, his hand tightly clutching the stone chess bishop like a man possessed.

You reach the Northeast door opening to a stark white room with a 6-inch wide black line running straight across to the North wall. As you reach the entryway, a cluster of sinuous figures appears from the Northwest door in the room you are fleeing.

A trio of lithe machete-wielding female reptilians emerge, their bulging chameleon eyes rolling around to survey the room. "You there! Halt!" the boldest (and shortest) chameleon woman shouts at you, pointing a delicate clawed finger. As she moves, her many bracelets jangle, the telltale sound you heard from the other room. "I, Nadzikambia of the Neonate Empire Wilderness Bureau, claim this Maze as a Lizardfolk Heritage Site! Its treasures belong to us, by ancient rights!" She flicks her curly tongue to show you she means business.

While she talks, the other two chameleon women (one with a rusted holy symbol at her neck) case the room, searching for valuables but finding only junky toy-things. Noting the relative uniqueness and craftsmanship of the oversized chess set, the lizard-girls begin throwing pieces into a large bag.

The lead lizard points at the chess piece in Tutsan's hand. "Come on, give us the goods, warm-blood!"
(http://i.imgur.com/3wngjhR.jpg)

Truman, with the Oku, Room 10:
Spoiler: show
Truman sighs. Out of the frying pan, into another frying pan. At least there wasn't any fire. Yet.

Truman motions for the still-conscious Oku to set Tutsan down, gently,
on the floor.

"Would you please put down your weapons first? This place is enough of a deathtrap without us civilized peoples at each other's throats. Besides, if you kill us, I can't tell you about the one who means to destroy this place."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Aug 11, 2017, 09:09 PM
Truman, Room 10:
Spoiler: show
Truman sighs. Out of the frying pan, into another frying pan. At least there wasn't any fire. Yet.

Truman motions for the still-conscious Oku to set Tutsan down, gently, on the floor.

"Would you please put down your weapons first? This place is enough of a deathtrap without us civilized peoples at each other's throats. Besides, if you kill us, I can't tell you about the one who means to destroy this place."
Agrimony and Yarrow gently set Tutsan down and he begins to chirp something like words.

Nadzikambia, chameleon adventuress and Agent of N.E.W.B., grows impatient waiting for the poor catatonic Oku to hand over the stone bishop. "Well I didn't really care about it before, but now I won't leave without it, warm-bloods!" She motions for her girls to lower their weapons, and she sheathes her machete.

She looks at you pointedly. "Are you the keeper of these birds, mammal? What do you know of anyone looking to destroy this place? Ain't no one can destroy the Maze save the Medusa herself, if she so chooses."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Aug 11, 2017, 10:15 PM
Yoshiko Room 28
Spoiler: show

Yoshiko winced as she patched up her wound. She grumbled.
"Damn scatterbrained bear leavin' whilst I was speakin'..."


Expending 2 out of 3 hit dice
@Jiisuri:  1d8 hitdice1 = (2) = 2
@Jiisuri:  1d8 hitdice2 = (5) = 5
current hp: 5+2+5=12


She stood back up after the pain from had subsided a little more.

"Oi, twinklemutt, do me a favor an 'elp m'sniff up th'source o' th' vines woul'dya?"

She began to trace the vines coming from her boyfriend towards their source Northwards.


Perception check of vines
@Jiisuri:  1d20+4  = (12)+4 = 16


Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: A Bad Idea on Aug 12, 2017, 02:18 AM
(http://i.imgur.com/xdvSjOf.jpg)

Sharis/Lai Shan/Seth, with Ashen, Room 27:
Spoiler: show
Sharis:
Chronia grows increasingly excited as you tell your tales. With every flex her expression dances between curiosity, surprise, and delight. She is well drunk by now. Her breath falls from her lips like cold mist, and she wipes her lips.

"You're truly just as amazing a Triton as I would've believed," she commends you. "I'm so glad to hear the Tritons devote themselves to heroism, and to noble goals. I think it suits them, and...well as penance goes it should alleviate their guilt in the eyes of history." She smiles. "We don't all get that chance. I hope you do get to make up for your people's mistakes..."

"And to be sure, the rescue of the famous Three Goddesses would be such a feat, worthy of your great power. But there are a number of problems, and I doubt your quest will end how you think it will end."

Ashen begins to protest, but a clearly annoyed Chronia motions for her to be silent, so she obeys. "Enough of you, Priestess," Chronia hisses.

"My sisters and I have pretty strange relationships with the world around us. I'm sure you felt something when I left my room. I can hardly travel the Maze without disrupting the flow of time. Zamia, beloved by all, and Charity, the ender of strife, have similar situations. And even if we did make it back outside, I only fear everything would start back up again. The Triarchy, reborn?" She spits. "No, we're better than that now."

"Also, you really think you can kill Psathyrella Medusae, anyway?" She looks worried for you. "Oh, sweet hero. Armies have tried. Gods have fallen in the attempt. No, don't underestimate Ella. That's always the first and last mistake."

"But...perhaps you won't leave empty handed? I have something to grant a noble warrior, in return for a favor. It is said my tears have an affect craved by mortals. Have you heard of the Tears of Time?"

Lai Shan:
The hourglass men observe the room calmly.

Beyond them on the far North wall is a half-shattered glass curio cabinet stuffed with aged books and knick-knacks.
(http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-IZiH3XkKeXA/VNCY-TCgWaI/AAAAAAAAXK0/c5T5UL0YYrM/s1600/hourglass_head.jpg)


Lai Shan, Room 27
Spoiler: show
One last cursory glance around the room revealed no items of particular value. Disappointed, Lai Shan returned her attention back to Chronia just in time to catch her warning about the Medusa.

"If you say she's that powerful, we'll definitely heed your advice. But power in excess often forgoes guile, and the plenty of us are gifted with wits sharper than any blade. There's no need to slay what can instead be outsmarted!"

Lai Shan crossed her legs in her seat, as if to punctuate her boast.

"Tell us about this favor, yeah?"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Bobo on Aug 12, 2017, 09:45 PM
Aaron, Room 5
Spoiler: show
As Aaron studies the room, its riddles, and the three knights with their swords, a small hoot echoes out of the folds of his hood.

"I see," he mutters, listening to the tiny thoughts beaming from his familiar's mind into his own. "So these three knights all came from the sword wounds on the body in that other room..."

Limping from knight to knight, Aaron grumbles to himself and makes a lot of "hmmm...." sounds before turning to the golden knight.

"Um... will you allow me to borrow your sword so I can put it in that throne?" he gestures to the first throne. "Or is there something I have to do first?"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Aug 12, 2017, 11:55 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/7h6eTlb.png)

Lai Shan/Sharis/Seth, Room 27:
Spoiler: show

All of you feel a sudden pang of hunger twisting in your stomach, like you haven't eaten in a few days. There doesn't look like much edible food in this place. A pitcher of honey and a half-eaten bowl of nuts sit on the nearest low table.

Fracture-of-the-Bone nibbles at Chronia's wrist while she speaks, drawing a little blood with its fangs. She winces, bites her lip, and tries to stay focused on the conversation at hand.

Lai Shan:
Chronia has a hopeful look. "Yes, maybe you won't have to kill her."

"I so rarely get to leave this chamber, there are a number of things you could do to get on my good side. First, I don't know if you've noticed, but I am naked." She stands and turns around fully, her only ornaments being gold and amber jewelry. "Mortal clothing can only last seconds on my skin before it's rotted away. I hear the Reptile Empire had the particular knowledge of magical weaving. Perhaps this knowledge survives in their Archive? If you were to obtain some clothing of such divine quality that it would withstand my natural entropy, I'll gladly shed a Tear for you."

"Or, if you like, you could hunt for some information for me. There's a certain...someone in the Maze who used to leave me love letters daily. It was one of my very few joys in existence." She sighs.

"I don't know what I would've done to upset her, but I've sent letters with no reply. I'm just curious, is all. If she's really done with me, then she's as fickle as they all say. Maybe her steward Torgos would know the truth--he's always been honest with me. His office is East in the Almery."

Luis/Yoshiko, Rooms 28+:
Spoiler: show
Yoshiko:
The vines run along the North wall but actually lead you to the shed in the West, which seems overrun with greenery. There is a crack in the West wall here, loose bricks that can be removed with enough force.

Luis:
You feel refreshed after your rest, getting up in time to see Yoshiko and her Boyfriend wander towards the source of the vines. The bacon smell has cleared the air.


Aaron/Sovereign, Room 5:
Spoiler: show
Aaron:
The golden knight clutches the golden sword close to his chest. With his other hand, palm facing you, he gestures for you to remain at a distance.

Sovereign:
You rouse from rest in time to see Aaron approaching the knight in gold armor, who holds the crown sword.

Chorden, with Oku, Room 149:
Spoiler: show

(http://i.imgur.com/DJRVsmW.png)
The leader, identifying himself as Black Medick directs the other two as they begin to drill through the scroll room's East wall to obtain what's inside. The big and little thieves are named Great Mullein and Dark Mullein. When the hole they create is large enough for Great Mullein, the little thief jumps in. The hole is big enough for you as well.

"Be on the lookout," Black Medick reminds you as he and Dark Mullein peer into the hole after their friend. "We don't want trouble with that Curator, or any o' them lizard-mummies what run this place. We saw you talkin' with the moon-man Zooth, so don't get any ideas about squealing to him!"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Aug 13, 2017, 12:02 AM
Yoshiko Room 28+

Spoiler: show

Yoshiko tiptoed and tapped on her Boyfriend's shoulder and pointed to the loose bricks.

"Mind 'elpin' me remove these, love?"

Yoshiko will assist Boyfriend in removal of the bricks if he decides he wants to do that.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Aug 13, 2017, 12:09 AM
Yoshiko, Room 34:
Spoiler: show
Boyfriend looks at you, looks at the wall, nods, gets to work. He pulls large hunks of brick out and hands you some pieces, not sure of what to do with them. The chamber beyond looks like a torch-lit mausoleum. Vines cascade from the walls and ceilings here, resembling beaded curtains.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Dechado on Aug 13, 2017, 01:06 PM
He didn't even have the chance to ask Aaron if he wanted any help walking with the improvised limb done out of the hooves of the pig.
But the bugbear seemed too happy and excited to test his new prosthetic, despite the obvious pain he was in.

Luis couldn't think of anything to say that would make Aaron stop. What would he be able to do anyway? In the strife against the statues, he barely managed to hold his friend's weight.
And that was before he felt that crack on his shoulder. Which was now pulsating. Definitely something was really hurt. Or broken...

Absent Minded, he didn't realize he was being guided into the room by Stone Boyfriend. When he came back to it, he moved his head around, not really knowing how he had gotten here in the first place.

"Er... Thanks" He commented, assuming the statue could even talk or understand "[Thank you]" he tried in Sylvan this time.

Luis was not sure if the statue had understood Common or Sylvan. All he did was start walking around the room, keeping an eye on the wolf. He seemed to... Be protecting Luis?
"[I still don't know if you understand me but... I apologize for the rumble back there]" Sparkly sighed as he examined the statue's body "[You got hurt, didn't you? We could have tried a different approach... None of us were expecting things like these to happen. We just used to take smaller missions, at least compared to this...]"

After that, he didn't say anything else, and tried to relax. There was nothing more that could be done at the moment. He felt really guilty about the recent fight. He was supposed to keep everyone and anything from harm. Yet he had used his powers to destroy one of them. He looked at Monomythica's spiritual weapons... He let out a groan before calling them off, both Pencil and Book vanished slowly.

"You're dissapointed in me, aren't you?" He pretended Monomythica could hear his thoughts "I wouldn't blame you..." 


Hit die Rolls
3d8 = (8+5+6) = 19

10/25 HP + 19 HP = 29/25 HP = 25/25 HP

Despite his wounded shoulder, Luis is back to full health! 

Luis had not noticed, but when he randomly sniffed the air, the smell of roasted pig seemed to be gone...
He stood up to examine where he had last seen the corpse-

"Oi, twinklemutt, do me a favor an 'elp m'sniff up th'source o' th' vines woul'dya?"

-But was promptly interrupted.

"It's Luis... My name is Luis..." He sighed, wasn't really in the mood to argue right now.

He stopped and looked back again at where the pig should have been... The place was now covered in new flora.
This made Luis smile for some reason. Perhaps this place had a chance to recover itself despite what Aaron and him had done.
Forgetting completely about the animal that had once laid there, he continued his way, following cat, and her love.

Wait, what? Love?
What in the world had she been doing here?

Luis stood behind them awkwardly, as he couldn't really help with the bricks because of his injured shoulder.
So he just looked and sniffed around, to see what else he could find, and maybe be helpful to cat and her... Lover (?). He hated that feeling of uselessness.

Luis' perception roll
1d20+2 = (20)+2 = 22
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Bobo on Aug 13, 2017, 07:52 PM
Aaron, room 5
Spoiler: show
Aaron takes a step back, holding up a hand in a "please don't get angry" gesture.

"Hoh boy," he sighs, "I really don't want any trouble. Been in enough already today." He winces, shifting his weight. "So let's start here: do you understand me?"
 (Aaron tries each language he knows--Common, Goblin, Elven, and Dwarven--until he either gets a response or runs out of languages.)
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Aug 14, 2017, 08:06 PM
Luis & Yoshiko, Room 28/34:
Spoiler: show
Luis:
When you sniff the air, you catch a faint trace of the roast Id Pig, and suspect it was dragged off East somewhere. You also notice a new scent wafting from the hole that Yoshiko's Boyfriend created. It's the scent of votive candles, usually lit graveside. You remember back in the Temple of Monomythica, the Altar of Unfinished Quests always had these candles lit in memorial to those who left on quests to prove their worth, but never returned.


Aaron & Sovereign, Room 5:
Spoiler: show
Aaron:
You're in the middle of asking the knight in Dwarvish when it responds. It then says the same single word in Elvish, Common, and Goblin: "OURS." The other two knights repeat the word, and hold their swords tightly.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Aug 14, 2017, 10:25 PM
Yoshiko room 28-34
Spoiler: show

"Oi, mutt. Y'comin' or wot?"

Yoshiko signalled for her boyfriend to enter first before helping her in.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: A Bad Idea on Aug 15, 2017, 12:01 AM
(http://i.imgur.com/7h6eTlb.png)

Lai Shan/Sharis/Seth, Room 27:
Spoiler: show

All of you feel a sudden pang of hunger twisting in your stomach, like you haven't eaten in a few days. There doesn't look like much edible food in this place. A pitcher of honey and a half-eaten bowl of nuts sit on the nearest low table.

Fracture-of-the-Bone nibbles at Chronia's wrist while she speaks, drawing a little blood with its fangs. She winces, bites her lip, and tries to stay focused on the conversation at hand.

Lai Shan:
Chronia has a hopeful look. "Yes, maybe you won't have to kill her."

"I so rarely get to leave this chamber, there are a number of things you could do to get on my good side. First, I don't know if you've noticed, but I am naked." She stands and turns around fully, her only ornaments being gold and amber jewelry. "Mortal clothing can only last seconds on my skin before it's rotted away. I hear the Reptile Empire had the particular knowledge of magical weaving. Perhaps this knowledge survives in their Archive? If you were to obtain some clothing of such divine quality that it would withstand my natural entropy, I'll gladly shed a Tear for you."

"Or, if you like, you could hunt for some information for me. There's a certain...someone in the Maze who used to leave me love letters daily. It was one of my very few joys in existence." She sighs.

"I don't know what I would've done to upset her, but I've sent letters with no reply. I'm just curious, is all. If she's really done with me, then she's as fickle as they all say. Maybe her steward Torgos would know the truth--he's always been honest with me. His office is East in the Almery."


Lai Shan, Room 27
Spoiler: show
Though unexpected, Lai Shan couldn't let the sudden sting of hunger ruin her smug posture, else the posture lose all of its power.

"Lost letters, you say? You know, I met another resident on the way here; scaly bespectacled fellow, fond of bandages and questions, seemed to be of the literary sort. I wonder if she knows anything about these misplaced missives?"

Lai Shan rose from her seat, looking oddly determined.

"But more importantly, your clothing situation is most dire! No proper lady should be denied the gift of fashion!"

Having made up her mind, she turns to leave the room. But not before checking the hourglass one last time.

"Come Sharis, Seth! We go in search of fashion that transcends the ravages of time!"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Bobo on Aug 15, 2017, 02:03 PM
Aaron, room 5
Spoiler: show
"Okay then," Aaron rubs his chin thoughtfully, "it's seeming more and more like this can't end peacefully, but let's try one more thing."

He turns to the knights again, "would one of you like to take a seat?" he gestures to the thrones cordially (and somewhat desperately).
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Q-Bit on Aug 15, 2017, 11:05 PM
Truman, Room 10:
Spoiler: show
Agrimony and Yarrow gently set Tutsan down and he begins to chirp something like words.

Nadzikambia, chameleon adventuress and Agent of N.E.W.B., grows impatient waiting for the poor catatonic Oku to hand over the stone bishop. "Well I didn't really care about it before, but now I won't leave without it, warm-bloods!" She motions for her girls to lower their weapons, and she sheathes her machete.

She looks at you pointedly. "Are you the keeper of these birds, mammal? What do you know of anyone looking to destroy this place? Ain't no one can destroy the Maze save the Medusa herself, if she so chooses."

Truman, Room 10:
Spoiler: show
"Give him a minute to recover. Something in the previous room has him stunned. Didn't stick around to find out what."

Truman looks around at the Oku
before answering, trying to read their body language to see how they reacted to the question.

"We're... partners, for the time being. As for the destroyer,
does the name Crucem Capilli mean anything to you? By the way she spoke she seemed fairly certain of her ability to destroy this place."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Dechado on Aug 16, 2017, 10:21 AM
Luis, along with Yoshiko and Statue boyfriendo; Room 28-34
Spoiler: show
When you sniff the air, you catch a faint trace of the roast Id Pig, and suspect it was dragged off East somewhere.

Once again, he felt hypnotized by the smell of the Id Pig's carcass. Either that thing had become a zombie and was still stalking them, or his mind was simply messing with him after the beatup he received.
Though the idea of some new creature carrying the corpse was also emerging. That would probably explain the dissapearance of the pig from the room.
Smelling further, Sparkly realized it was located nearby the Shadows Trap room.
Where Aaron had lost his foot...

A bit nervous, Luis turned at Yoshiko "Say, Cat... Do you also smell burnt pig in the air? Someone is trying to lure us-"

Yoshiko room 28-34
"Oi, mutt. Y'comin' or wot?"

Not the best of ideas, considering the golem lover was next to her. But Luis was known for his impulsive nature.

"Listen kitty. Keep the names up and I'll-"

You also notice a new scent wafting from the hole that Yoshiko's Boyfriend created. It's the scent of votive candles, usually lit graveside. You remember back in the Temple of Monomythica, the Altar of Unfinished Quests always had these candles lit in memorial to those who left on quests to prove their worth, but never returned.

"Yoshiko wait!" He interrupted the duo, his tone showing anger and the idea of trying to intimidate. Old angry Luis was definitely feeling better "We shouldn't mess with this place. Take a sniff, this is a memorial for the dead..."

Hoping to discourage the half-Tabaxi, maybe they could investigate the new creature that seemed to be wandering around them.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Aug 16, 2017, 11:36 AM
Yoshiko Room 28-34
Spoiler: show

"... y'point?"
Yoshiko made a quick count of her flasks of oil.

"I'm sure th' dead 'ere will listen if m'dearest lad 'ere can. If th'git violent w'could book it. Maybe set fire t'em. Sides, th'vines lead 'ere. Can't get m'dear away from 'ere w'thout findin' th'roots."

She paused.

"Oh, speaking of."

She signalled for her boyfriend to wait a moment before quickly making a stop at that place she could have sworn had have gardening tools to get a pot of soil. She returned with said pot of soil.

"Aight, w'good now."

Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: GPS-Device on Aug 16, 2017, 09:20 PM
Sharis:Room 27
Spoiler: show

Sharis watches as Lai Shan takes lead in the conversation, and as she goes to leave. He turns back to face Chronia.

"I thank you for the advice. I suppose the least I may do to return the favor is aid my compatriot in acquiring you befitting dress. As for my quest, well, I suppose it is up to fate how it shall go."

Sharis turns back to follow Lai Shan.

"Perhaps there will be something to truly test our might against ahead."

Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Aug 16, 2017, 09:31 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/8oRD5Qz.jpg)

Aaron/Sovereign, Room 5:
Spoiler: show
Aaron:
The gold knight stands, as do the green and chrome knights. "Thrones are for kings and queens," the knight responds in Common.

Sovereign:
You and Aaron both hear a scratching coming from the next room, the empty room where you mercy-killed Sanguifluus. The scratching sounds like something digging beneath the floor stones.


Truman, with Oku, Room 10:
Spoiler: show
The Oku chirp an affirmative, and proudly confirm their alliance with you. The drop Tutsan into a cross-legged sitting position, where he clutches the stone chess piece and begins whispering in an exotic tongue you don't understand.

Nadzikambia sheathes her machete as one of her henchwomen tosses their loot bag over her shoulder. "Crucem Capilli? HERE?" Nadzikambia asks. "The 'Burning Shadow' herself, eh? She's a famous assassin."

"And she's been hired to destroy this place?" The other chameleon women pause. Nadzikambia nods to her subordinates, and they slowly begin backing out of the room. "We'd better grab as much good stuff as we can before she does so!"

A fourth chameleon woman appears, having been cloaked in the corner of the room, and she begins to leave as well. Before going, the looters dump out the stone chess pieces from their back onto the playroom floor. "It's not a full set anyway," one of the lizardwomen grumbles.

"What is your name, mammal?" Nadzikambia asks. "Tell everyone who will listen that the Neonate Empire has claimed this Maze...er, for as long as it stands!"

Once you give her a name, she will join her cohorts and continue Southward.

OOC: For diverting an entire posse of Chameleon Women sans violence, Truman gains 400xp!


Luis/Yoshiko, with Stone Boyfriend, Room 34/56:
Spoiler: show
Yoshiko:
The statue seems to ignore Luis, approaches the hole first and stiffly climbs through before lifting you up and in. Your feet set down on a soft carpet of moss and vines. The South half of the room has some half-rotten wooden benches like pews in a chapel. At the North of the room sits a cracked sarcophagus covered in thorny weeds. There is a small stone table in front of the sarcophagus with a trio of recently snuffed out votive candles. The sarcophagus lid remains closed but there are scratches at the seal, as if someone had previously tried to open it to get at the grave goods within.

There is a door on the North wall just on the other side of the sarcophagus, through which you can hear muffled voices chattering. Through the West and South walls you hear an echoing cackle from an adjacent room, a mad laughter that's not at all human.

The vines here continue to reep through cracks in the North wall and underneath the North door.


Lai Shan/Seth/Sharis, Room 27:
Spoiler: show
Lai Shan:
The hourglass-men's heads are three quarters full of sand on top, the red-quartz grains moving steadily down. The pair begin to pace around the room in a clockwise circle.

Chronia shoos Fracture-of-the-Bone away, and the piranha-dog seems to fall quiet after tasting its mistresses' blood. The creature's chalky white hide begins to harden and flake off like layers of slate. "Oh, a librarian was outside of the Archives?" Chronia wonders at your suggestion. "Yes, perhaps one might know about the letters. I'll look into that!"

The open exits from the room are Southeast (whence you came), South, and Southwest, with a closed door East.

Sharis:
Ashen rises from her seat, distraught. "My Goddess seems hesitant to leave her prison," she whispers with great disappointment. "Perhaps if she had this new finery, she would feel more comfortable in doing so?" She presses close again. "It is truly a task worthy of a champion!"

"By the way, your tales were marvelous, my champion. I had not heard of those dire threats, but I am glad you were able to best them, for the good of all. During the Triarchy's day, your people were our most valued destroyers, at least of our natural allies, the ones we didn't breed ourselves. This is how I knew, from the first moment you crashed into the Maze, that I could trust you..."

OOC: All parties leaving Room 27 are still experiencing intense hunger. Also, please add 1 Year to physical age (Lai Shan > 91, Seth > 24, Sharis > 76.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Aug 16, 2017, 10:00 PM
Yoshiko room 34/56
Spoiler: show

Yoshiko eyed the sarcophagus.

"...don't touch that just let. S'prolly bad news if not done proper."

She then went over to the North wall and placed an ear onto it, attempting to listen in on the other side.

 @Jiisuri:  1d20+4 listening North wall = (16)+4 = 20

"Y'wanna light th' candles or check whose cacklin, fuzzyface?"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Aug 16, 2017, 10:29 PM
Yoshiko, Room 56:
Spoiler: show
You hear a quiet but intense discussion between two or three individuals, but it sounds like the conversation stops shortly after you start listening, as if all or some of the participants have left the room.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Ten Dead Kings on Aug 16, 2017, 11:01 PM
Sovereign, Room 5
Spoiler: show

"Leave them alone, librarian," Sovereign says to Aaron, seeing him try to communicate with the knights. "It's just the two of us here, so I'd rather not set them off-"
Sovereign:
You and Aaron both hear a scratching coming from the next room, the empty room where you mercy-killed Sanguifluus. The scratching sounds like something digging beneath the floor stones.
Quote

"...did you hear that?" Rising up, Sovereign draws her sword and tries to creep up to the next room quietly.

Stealth Roll: 1d20  = (2) = 2

Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Aug 16, 2017, 11:11 PM
Yoshiko, Room 56
Spoiler: show

Her ears perked up.

"Know whaaaat 'old th'thought."

Yoshiko handed her Boyfriend the large cloth.
"Go turn 'round an spread y'arms with it will'ya, love? Make sure y'spread it real wide. An' you, don't y'dare peek, mutt."

Using her Boyfriend's makeshift curtain, she quickly changed into her fine dress and dolled herself up.
@Jiisuri:  1d20 + 3 LUCKY LUCY MODE ON = (12)+3 = 15

She emerged from the curtain and took back the cloth.

"*ahem* The vines lead forth to the North, where is, perchance, other intruders. Stay or join me, the choice is yours~"



Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Bobo on Aug 17, 2017, 09:37 AM
Aaron, room 5
Spoiler: show
Aaron looks towards the noise, following Sovereign's advice. He makes an attempt to follow her quietly...
@cuteapoot:  1d20+2 stealth = (4)+2 = 6
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Aug 17, 2017, 10:31 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/ENpdYT7.png)

Luis/Yoshiko, with Stone Boyfriend, Room 56:
Spoiler: show
Entering (Room 55), you blink as the light envelops you for a moment before dying down to a less blinding level. The entire floor of this room is an uneven mosaic of illuminated blocks made of a material like glass or cut gemstone. The tiles of the room ebb and flow with strange light, and once in a while reveal strange images on their glowing surface.

Very briefly you can clearly see Lai Shan, Sharis, and Seth leaving a large decaying chamber. You catch a glimpse of the Ghost Boy sitting in a room with red floor and red walls, sobbing to himself. You see a trio of bird-masked men entering a vault from a hole in the wall, helping themselves to treasure.

You see one of the Queen of Void's White Jacquets walking down a shadowy corridor, their white armor seeming to gleam even in the dark.

All of these images are clear but fleeting. The longer you stare at any one tile the more likely it is to reveal some image of the Maze.

At the far end of the room, bathed in alien light, kneels a young woman in wildly colorful painted plate mail. She has a large bandage on the right side of her face. Her right arm is in a wrapped in a makeshift sling, and with her left arm she calmly aims a crossbow at your chest. "Hello?" she says in a polite but quavering voice. "W-what do you want?"


Lai Shan/Seth/Sharis,with Ashen, leaving Room 27:
Spoiler: show
Leaving through the Southwest door brings you to (Room 12), a small den with a table and short wine cabinet. There are few bottles left here, and one sits on a tray on the table. The tray is tarnished silver.

. (Room 48) is covered in flowered vines and large leafy bushes.


Aaron/Sovereign, Room 5-6:
Spoiler: show
Peering into the empty (Room 6), you find two creatures crawling up from newly broken tiles in the floor. A pair of hybrid creatures, like a naked mole rat spliced with a predator cat, both stinking of formaldehyde, begin gnawing at the dead King Sanguifluus' corpse. From their hole they've also dragged in the carcass of the demonic Id Pig, which they've also begun to devour.
(http://i.imgur.com/DXfPfdM.png)


Chorden, with Oku, Room 149:
Spoiler: show
The trio of thieves--Black Medick, Great Mullein, and Dark Mullein--have all slipped into the crack in the wall they created and are rummaging through chests in the next room.

Shuffling along through the scroll pile leads you to another treatise on scale-shape--this one saying that particular patterns of scale size and shape can and should be used as reliable identifiers of social behavior, very much against the last paper you found on the subject. You also find an old letter from someone named "Minister Draco Scabra", about the Reptile Empire's apparently failed diplomacy mission to the Triarchy. He mentions something of a plan to end the war with the Triarchy, and presenting his case to the Medusa directly.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Aug 17, 2017, 10:59 PM
Yoshiko Room 55
Spoiler: show

Yoshiko put her hands up shoulder-high.

"Now now, let us not engage in violence~ I'm but a passing merchant looking for new wares~ I go by the name Lucky Lucy~"

She turned the attention over to the Statue Boyfriend.
"This would be my newly employed golem assistant and-"

She then shifted the attention towards Luis.
"This... canine companion... is Luis, a cleric under my employ for the time being~"

After formally introducing the group, she addressed the colorfully armored woman once more.

"So. Who might you be and what is your purpose here? Don't worry, any private information will stay within the confines of this... colorful room. Speaking of, I do admire that armor of yours~"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Aug 17, 2017, 11:13 PM
Yoshiko, Room 55:
Spoiler: show
The painted knight trembles. "Lady Morgen Von Klaw," she says, trying to mask her fear, but not well. "Merchant Knight of Imports and Licenses, for all of Shoq City and the Warsaw Trading Company..."

She lowers her crossbow briefly, then raises it again. "Another tradeswoman? Then you're after the Syndicate contract too!" She winces as her wrapped arm spasms. "Get back! My rescuers will return and do you harm if you try anything funny!"

She looks at Stone Boyfriend and Luis. "At least you made it this far with your company intact. My men fell to the orchids." She sounds utterly on edge, about to scream. "The ORCHIDS!" she hisses, and curses all the gods. A tear rolls down her cheek.

A bird-masked person pokes her head inside the door East. "Lady Morgen? OH!" the bird-girl squeals. "WHO IS THIS?"

"Lucky Lucy," Morgen repeats bitterly.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Aug 17, 2017, 11:33 PM
Yoshiko, Room 55
Spoiler: show

"Lucky Lucy" shot a glare at the painted knight before putting on a sly grin.

"Now now~ Let us not put false intent into other people's mouths~ It's bad for business if the accused was in fact an innocent customer. Plus..."

She leaned forward slightly.

"You'd unintentionally give away valuable info towards the wrong people. What if I told you that I do not, in fact, know what this "Syndicate Contract" you are referring to was? You'd have in fact leaked out this info to a new potential rival."

She stood back upright.

"But~ That is just a possibility. As I've said, all private information stays in these walls. Instead, let us behave as tradeswomen and negotiate some deals. Like, for instance, medical aid for you in exchange for more information on this "Contract". My condolences to your men, by the way."

She bowed.

"I'm sure they fought bravely. Although I'd like to know more of what you mean by the Orchids. Perhaps we could help you deal with that issue too."

Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: A Bad Idea on Aug 18, 2017, 03:13 AM
Lai Shan/Seth/Sharis,with Ashen, leaving Room 27:
Spoiler: show
Leaving through the Southwest door brings you to (Room 12), a small den with a table and short wine cabinet. There are few bottles left here, and one sits on a tray on the table. The tray is tarnished silver.

. (Room 48) is covered in flowered vines and large leafy bushes.



Lai Shan, Room 12
Spoiler: show

"Gentlemen, I regret to say that I've misread the situation."

Lai Shan sighed as she leaned against the table.

"I thought at first that this place was a prison, lined with traps and guards and closely guarded treasures and the like. But after my last few curious encounters, it would seem as though an entire society exists within these walls."

She turned to Ashen with a scrutinizing look.

"You wouldn't happen to know any more about the residents of this place, would you?" she asked while laying down her satchel to fetch her waterskin and a folded bag of rations; nuts, dried fruits, jerky, and other non-perishables.

"I don't know about you guys but I am famished. Anyone want some?" Lai Shan asks while munching away.

[OOC: Lai Shan is using the Rations she obtained from the Escher Room as well as her full Waterskin.]
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: ZigZagaroo on Aug 18, 2017, 09:54 PM
Chorden, Room 149
Spoiler: show
A fleeting moment of comfort washed over Chorden, as he found himself alone in the archives. What nerve these "bird brains" had of wrapping him in matters that were no concern of his. Of course he couldn't simply dissuade their order, what with a murder of three to outnumber him. Though it would be all too simple now to leave them to their devices, remaining could prove beneficial for him to. Since they surely knew their way around this domain better than he was, they could prove to be valued guides throughout this journey. At the very least they could incidentally lead him back to his companions, if fate would allow such a reunion.

However, for the time being, Chorden decided to spend this temporary solitude reading through the scrolls scattered across the floors before him. Though he was to act as lookout, his motivation for such a task was matched only by his fondness for his new found "associates" doing who knows what in that hole of theirs. The possibility of something catching him and those bird-brained burglars, especially that "Curator" he encountered earlier , made it all the more imperative to gather whatever vital knowledge these scrolls had to offer with such little time on his hands. Through some digging he discovered a scroll discussing yet again the topic of "scale shape." Though a bit discouraged to find such tedious dribble, he later managed to come across what seemed to be a strange old letter. Inspecting it further he saw this particular message was signed by a certain "Minister Draco Scabra", describing the failed attempt at a diplomatic mission between the Reptile Empire and the Triarchy. Skimming towards the end he noticed the name "Medusa", along with this Minister seeking audience with her. Supposing there could be something vital written about this ominous hostess, Chorden slips the letter straight into the map container, continuing to look through each scroll as fast as he could...

Investigate roll:
@ZigZagaroo: 1d20+1 = ( 8 )+1 = 9
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Aug 19, 2017, 04:47 PM
CURRENT MAP
Spoiler: show
(http://i.imgur.com/ENpdYT7.png)

Lai Shan/Seth/Sharis, with Ashen, Room 14:
Spoiler: show
Ashen Chanterelle scratches her still sore wrists. "Well, my imprisonment wasn't so comfortable," she grumbles. "Truly I had not realized that some semblance of society would be retained, but I will help you try to sort out the reasoning."

"I do know that at the end of the Reptile-Triarchy War, a conspiracy on both sides worked with the Medusa to abduct the Three Goddesses. Perhaps the Medusa allowed these traitorous ministers to preserve some of their culture intact? I mean, the Reptiles have their own Archive, after all. Who's to say there's not some bit of the Triarchy alive and well within this Maze too?"

"I must say, if any of these traitors are alive and well in the Maze, I shouldn't hope to meet them. What kind of person sabotages their own kingdom's war efforts, betrays their own people? What cause could be so alluring to them?"

The bushes West rustle in (Room 48), and a spindly green creature emerges crawling on all four limbs. It looks like a gaunt green corpse of a man with a closed flower bulb for a head. Skinless, but where muscle and sinew would be there is only tight twists of green plant stems that pop and hiss as fragrant vapor transfers between joints and releases in clouds of mist. The thing rises to its feet and staggers forwards like a drunkard. It has long tendrils on each hand where fingers would be on a human, and it begins to wave them at yo, beckoning you to approach. There are more such creatures bobbing up and down in the bushes that have not yet revealed themselves fully.

"How...curious!" Ashen remarks quietly while hesitating whether to flee or approach the being.
(http://i.imgur.com/8nrKAnQ.png)


Luis/Yoshiko, with Stone Boyfriend, Room 55:
Spoiler: show

(http://i.imgur.com/zlJHYlq.jpg)
Morgen grunts in pain. "What does it matter if you're after the Contract or not? It doesn't matter. None of us are leaving this Maze alive!" she replies.

"Syndicate contracted mercenaries, probably a dozen companies, to find a way into the Maze and extract some valuable target. We thought were so smart, so ahead of the rest! We hired a guide, sailed out to some island in the middle of nowhere, and went down these steps...we walked for what seemed like forever and came out not far from here."

She turns to the bird-girl. "What about Xanxio, our guide? Did he make it?" to which the bird-girl shakes her head sadly.

"Xanxio brought us here because he'd been here before, said he could lead us to our target. But instead he was killed by those damned flowers..."

She drops her crossbow and shifts her position on the glowing floor. She points to the ceiling and walls, where vines crawl through the cracks in stone. "This garden is insane! My rescuers tell me it's been blooming lately, choking all safe spaces with vines, messing with the statuary, spawning these hideous orchid men. Get too close and they can burn you...but even if you keep your distance, they have ways of drawing you in." Morgen shudders.


Chorden, Room 149:
Spoiler: show
Black Medick tosses you 5 gold pieces. "There's a good lookout! This heist is a bust, though--why, it's mostly old books in here! We're gonna wrap up and head back to the hideout."

You find nothing of further use or interest among the scrolls, except for more topics relevant to lizardfolk. You do hear the thump-thump finger-steps behind you, sounding much like the Curator's approach.

Black Medick finally emerges from the room, followed by giant Dark Mullein, and then tiny Great Mullein, carrying one big bag of books.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Q-Bit on Aug 19, 2017, 05:07 PM
Truman, with Oku, Room 10:
Spoiler: show
The Oku chirp an affirmative, and proudly confirm their alliance with you. The drop Tutsan into a cross-legged sitting position, where he clutches the stone chess piece and begins whispering in an exotic tongue you don't understand.

Nadzikambia sheathes her machete as one of her henchwomen tosses their loot bag over her shoulder. "Crucem Capilli? HERE?" Nadzikambia asks. "The 'Burning Shadow' herself, eh? She's a famous assassin."

"And she's been hired to destroy this place?" The other chameleon women pause. Nadzikambia nods to her subordinates, and they slowly begin backing out of the room. "We'd better grab as much good stuff as we can before she does so!"

A fourth chameleon woman appears, having been cloaked in the corner of the room, and she begins to leave as well. Before going, the looters dump out the stone chess pieces from their back onto the playroom floor. "It's not a full set anyway," one of the lizardwomen grumbles.

"What is your name, mammal?" Nadzikambia asks. "Tell everyone who will listen that the Neonate Empire has claimed this Maze...er, for as long as it stands!"

Once you give her a name, she will join her cohorts and continue Southward.

OOC: For diverting an entire posse of Chameleon Women sans violence, Truman gains 400xp!


Truman, with Oku, Room 10:
Spoiler: show
Truman scratches the back of his head, making a show of being humble.

"I'm nobody, but if you must know, I go by Truman."

As Nadzikambia and her troupe move out, Truman's attention turns toward Tutsan. Truman motions the other Oku to help check on him.

"Does anyone know what he's saying? Failing that, does anyone have any better ideas on how to snap him out of this? All I can think of is slapping him, and I'd rather not if I can avoid it."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Aug 19, 2017, 06:03 PM
Truman, with Oku, Room 10:
Spoiler: show
Agrimony throws up her hands while Yarrow shakes Tutsan. "It only started when he grabbed that chess piece!" Agrimony sighs. "We need to get a move on..."

"Sounds like some demon stuff," Yarrow guesses. "Uh, I don't know Infernal...or Abyssal, or what-have-you! The Glyph Witch back at the hideout, she does!"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Aug 19, 2017, 06:41 PM
Yoshiko room 55
Spoiler: show

Lucy looked at her Boyfriend and then back at Morgen. Obscuring the bottom half of her face with a sleeve she tried putting together pieces of what the colorfully armored lady had said.

Pointing to the vines. Flowers. Orchid men. Burning?
...
Burning?

Dammit fuzbear.

"I once offer you my condolences, Lady Von Klaw. And, as agreed, I offer the services of this Cleric here to ease the pain of your wound~"

Lucy called  Luis over and pointed him towards Morgan, whispering "Do your thing, don't screw up."

"So what will you do now, Lady Von Klaw? Do you wish to leave this Maze? Or do you require our expertise to mend your Orchid problem? I'm pleased to inform you that we have, in fact, emerged from a room consisting of Orchid Men and survived completely intact. Obliterated much of them too~"

Lucy signalled with a hand behind her back for the Boyfriend to maaaaybe move to the side away from view a little.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: GPS-Device on Aug 19, 2017, 07:04 PM
Sharis, room 14

Spoiler: show

Sharis walks along the group, listening to Ashen's.

"A traitor is just that, Fair Lady. A traitor. They are rarely worth more thought than it takes to bring steel down upon them." he says, with a degree less of his usual boisterous attitude, with a very cold touch to his voice.

When the strange plant like creatures come out and beckon forward, Sharis steps forward, half turning his head to the group.

"Keep ready. Societies or not, there will always be those out to do you harm."

With a grip on his handaxes held at his side, he loudly exclaims,

"Hail and well met! We have business to pass forward and search for the archives in this maze."

he repeats his statement in both primordial, and in deep speech, unsure of what tongue this strange creature might know.

He attempts to look around past the creature as he speaks.

Sharis rolls perception: 1d20+3  = (13)+3 = 16
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: ZigZagaroo on Aug 19, 2017, 08:11 PM
Chorden, Room 149
Spoiler: show
A mere five gold pieces eh? Nothing too grand for a reward but Chorden didn't bother to object, it wasn't as if he was there solely for monetary gain. Taking the five gold in hand, Chorden stashed it away in his pouch as the three bird-masked acquaintances stepped out from the hole.

Suddenly as the trio made their way out, a familiar sound assaulted Chorden's ear holes. What sounded to be constant thumping and scratching could have only been the Curator itself. As the noise grew ever closer, Chorden shot back to the three and said," The Curator, it's coming! Quickly, lead on to your hideout!..."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Aug 19, 2017, 11:25 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/kMfWX1C.png)

Chorden, Room 149:
Spoiler: show
Black Medick leads the group South through a room of mystical darkness (Room 148)--it's even a bit hard for you to see, so Dark Mullein quickly lights a torch. In the corner huddles a cracked clay golem that seems to be causing this darkness. It watches you run past with empty eyes as inky black cracks spiderweb across its body. Black shadows leave the golem's fissures and float into the air, twisting like oil moving through water. The golem does its best to cover the cracks with its hands, but it seems to be leaking shadows at an alarming rate.

As you reach (Rooms 155 & 156), you see shadows dance on the walls, darkness spreading from the golem you passed. Three shadows specifically take on humanoid shape, gyrating playfully on the walls. You hear voices emanate from the shades, abrasive to your ears, like a tin cup full of blood being scraped aggressively over masonry. Also, they're mocking you.

"I daresay, these chaps have hit a spot of bad luck, eh?" one shade screeches subtly to the other two.

"They'll surely be killed, more's the pity," another says, while the third silhouette mocks the way you run. The trio share a pithy laugh.

The Curator is now clearly following your group, and gaining speed.

"Just a few more rooms South, then we run WEST as far as we can go! Then follow the vines South, straight-shot to the Gardens!" Black Medick reminds his cronies. "We'll see what the other crews have brought in today!"


Sharis/Lai Shan/Seth, with Ashen, Room 14:
Spoiler: show
(http://i.imgur.com/5DJxk7B.png)

The plant creature responds to nothing, just drunkenly staggers forth. As it lurches forwards, its bud splits open, edges curling back to reveal a beautiful flower, dripping with fragrant nectar. Behind it, two more orchidmen rise to their feet and open up their flowers, each unique and possessing terrifying beauty.

You see the hall beyond the creatures takes a turn left/South.

Initiative!
Sharis > @GPS/Will:  1d20+2  = (18)+2 = 20
Orchidmen > @Mister Kent:  1d20  = (11) = 11
Lai Shan @A Bad Idea:  1d20+4 Lai Shan Initiative = (6)+4 = 10
Seth > @fukuro:  1d20+3 Seth Initiative = (5)+3 = 8
Ashen > @Mister Kent:  1d20 AshenInit = (5) = 5


Yoshiko, Room 55:
Spoiler: show
(http://i.imgur.com/sVL7rM2.png)
Morgen introduces her bird-girl attendant as Kidney Vetch, who has been tending her burns thus far. "If your cleric can do anything more, I'm all for it," she says, looking at Luis.

When you introduce Boyfriend with a gesture, Morgen shakes her head. 'Oh no no. That is not an orchidman. It's a...I don't know what...?"

"Walking statue!" Kidney Vetch explains. "The garden makes them too, but we don't know how, or why..."

Morgen continues. "The orchidmen are plant monsters that bleed and secrete acid. They have a powerful pheromone effect that lulls you into a calm...and then they get you! One of my men was exposed to the chemicals, and walked right up to one and just surrendered! The orchid just had its way with him then..."

Kidney Vetch speaks up again. "The closer you get to the middle of the Gardens, the nearer to Zamia Torn, the stronger the plants get, we've found. And they just keep coming! Soon our hideout here will be overrun, and where will we go then?"

Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: GPS-Device on Aug 20, 2017, 10:44 AM
Sharis: Room 14 ITS COMBAT NOW MOTHERFUCKERS
Spoiler: show


As the strange creature lurches forward, Sharis pulls his hand axes free from his sides as his body tenses up, letting the rage take hold throughout.

"Excellent! I was worried for a moment that a simple greeting might have worked!"

The Triton lunges forward, swinging his axe wildly with a shout.

Sharis activates his rage, activating the 3rd adn final use until a long rest. He also uses Reckless attack to gain advantage to attack, and giving enemies advantage to attack him
Sharis rolls to attack with Handaxe: 1d20+6  = (20)+6 = 26
Not gonna bother rolling a second one, but Reckless attack was called prior.
Damage:  2d6+6= (2+5)+6 = 13 slashing

Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Dechado on Aug 20, 2017, 01:24 PM
Luis, along with Luck Lucy, Stone Boyfriend, Lady Morgen Von Klaw, and Kidney Vetch; Room 34-55
Spoiler: show


"Where did you get that pot-... What are you doing with that cloth- Kyaaagh!" He screeched, as he turned around flustered "Cat, what the shit!?"
Luis stayed like this for some time, and only moved his head back to Yoshiko once she cleared her throat... And started using her other voice.

"You know? I think I prefer your original accent, makes you sound cute-eeerrrrrrrrrrr-Less annoying!"
Sparkly groaned, avoiding eye contact with Lucky Lucy

Mindlessly, he followed her slowly, not speaking another word. While his shoulder felt a bit better from lack of movement, it still pulsated. There was no point in trying to use his magic, it didn't work on himself for some odd reason unknown to him; And what would the Healer's Kit do now that the improvised arm sling made out of his shirt hadn't done?

He wasn't aware of his sorroundings until another female voice filled the room. His fur bristled a bit when the crossbow started aiming at them.
Yoshiko Lucky Lucy took the initiative and started talking, trying diplomacy before things turned south.

When she introduced Luis as her Cleric under a contract, he couldn't help himself but raise an eyebrow and subtly growl at Cat.
He spaced out again while the two ladies traded information, but was called back by her employer telling Luis to act on.

"Don't tell me what to do you dumb cat" Muttered back "Of course, Lady Lucy"
He then approached the wounded knight, and kneeled next to her.
"Greetings, Lady Von Klaw, as my acquaintance introduced me, I am Luis Rios" He said, as he slowly took out the Healer's Kit from his backpack "May I treat your wounds?" continuing to take out medicinal tools and some cleaner bandages.

"Stupid numbskulled feline, using me as a way to negotiate. A cleric's role is to help everyone in need, I swear I am going to yell at her face once we're done in here. Oh, she's gonna get it. Keep that smug while you can. Soon you'll be known as UNlucky Lucy..."

He stopped his thought before he twisted his own face into a frown.

Feature: Healer's Calm

Healers are almost universally seen positively. They can gain the trust of almost any intelligent creature that is sick or hurt if they present themselves as willing to help. Even hostile creatures will often let a healer approach them to render aid. This effect is instantly negated if the healer or their companions acts with hostility.


"You also have my condolences for your fallen [comrades]. I'll pray for their safe travel"
Now focused, he quietly continued listening to the interchange of words. Hoping to find something that could help them fight these Orchid Men should they encounter some.

However... Luis seemed to be hesitant to go on with this "This... Is quite embarassing, but as you may see, I'm in an event where I only have one arm available..." The cleric gestured at Kidney "Could you please hold this for me while I continue to patch our Knight's wounds?" He said, handing a vase, which seemed to contain an ointment, to Kidney "My thanks"



Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Aug 20, 2017, 03:19 PM
Sharis: Room 14 ITS COMBAT NOW MOTHERFUCKERS
Spoiler: show


As the strange creature lurches forward, Sharis pulls his hand axes free from his sides as his body tenses up, letting the rage take hold throughout.

"Excellent! I was worried for a moment that a simple greeting might have worked!"

The Triton lunges forward, swinging his axe wildly with a shout.

Sharis activates his rage, activating the 3rd adn final use until a long rest. He also uses Reckless attack to gain advantage to attack, and giving enemies advantage to attack him
Sharis rolls to attack with Handaxe: 1d20+6  = (20)+6 = 26
Not gonna bother rolling a second one, but Reckless attack was called prior.
Damage:  2d6+6= (2+5)+6 = 13 slashing


Sharis > Orchids > Lai Shan > Seth > Ashen, Room 14 ROUND ONE:
Spoiler: show
Sharis cleaves into the fist attacking orchidman with his axe! (OM1 -13hp) The creature's wound bubbles and pops. In return the creature attempts to grapple Sharis with its long tendril fingers, and spews acid on the Triton's axe-arm (Sharis -4hp). Sharis is a slippery fishman, and heroically wriggles out of the orchid's grasp.

The second orchidman wraps its tendrils around Ashen--she writhes to reach her blade but cannot escape its grasp! The drooling menace sprays acidic nectar onto her shoulder (Ashen -4hp).

The final orchidman sprays acid in arcs, attempting to hit Seth and Lai Shan, but its acid lands on the ceiling and walls of the room.

OM1 - grapple Sharis, spit attack
   @Mister Kent: 1d20+1 OMgrappleSharis = (12)+1 = 13
Sharis' STR save w/ adv > @GPS/Will:  1d20+6  = (16)+6 = 22, @GPS/Will:  1d20+6  = (3)+6 = 9
   @Mister Kent: 1d20+3 acidspit = (3)+3 = 6
   @Mister Kent: 1d20+3 acidspitADVANTAGE = (17)+3 = 20
   @Mister Kent: 1d10 aciddamSharis = (4) = 4
OM2 - grapple Ashen, spit attack
   @Mister Kent: 1d20+1 OMgrappleAshen = (14)+1 = 15
   @Mister Kent: 1d20 AshenDexSave = (8.) = 8
   @Mister Kent: 1d20+3 OMacidspitAshen = (19)+3 = 22
   @Mister Kent: 1d10 aciddamAshen = (4) = 4
OM3 - spit attacks
   @Mister Kent: 1d20+3 acidspitLaiShan = (6)+3 = 9
   @Mister Kent: 1d20+3 acidspitSeth = (6)+3 = 9
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: A Bad Idea on Aug 20, 2017, 06:26 PM
Lai Shan, Room 14 [COMBAT!]

Spoiler: show
1d20+6 Lai Shan Attacking with Shortsword vs Orchidman = (5)+6 = 11 [MISS!]
1d20+6 Lai Shan Attacking with Unarmed Strike vs Orchidman = (11)+6 = 17 [HIT!]
1d4+4 Unarmed Damage = (4)+4 = 8 Bludgeoning Damage

As soon as the Orchidmen close in to strike, Lai Shan springs into action, flicking her sword loose from its scabbard with an elegant flourish. Skidding to Lady Ashen's side, she cuts past the assailing Orchid with a horizontal cut that only scrapes off the creature's membrane. Using her turning momentum, she plants her heel into the soil, spins around leaning backward as she raises her back leg to let loose a devastating back heel roundhouse, aimed right at the Orchid's head!
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Aug 20, 2017, 06:35 PM
Luis, along with Luck Lucy, Stone Boyfriend, Lady Morgen Von Klaw, and Kidney Vetch; Room 55:
Spoiler: show
"You also have my condolences for your fallen [comrades]. I'll pray for their safe travel"
Now focused, he quietly continued listening to the interchange of words. Hoping to find something that could help them fight these Orchid Men should they encounter some.

However... Luis seemed to be hesitant to go on with this "This... Is quite embarassing, but as you may see, I'm in an event where I only have one arm available..." The cleric gestured at Kidney "Could you please hold this for me while I continue to patch our Knight's wounds?" He said, handing a vase, which seemed to contain an ointment, to Kidney "My thanks"

Kidney Vetch chirps excitedly and assists you in any way you need, like nurse to a doctor. Morgen Von Klaw feels more at ease once you are present. "Thank you, priest," she says quietly, and puts away her crossbow.

She addresses "Lucy" once more. "Maybe if I could just make it back to the staircase I could leave, back to the island. Unless it only works one way. But I don't know of another way out..."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Aug 20, 2017, 08:13 PM
Luis, along with Luck Lucy, Stone Boyfriend, Lady Morgen Von Klaw, and Kidney Vetch; Room 55:

Spoiler: show

"Very well! We shall provide protection services all the way to your point of entry~ In exchange..."

Lucy tapped her chin with a single finger.

"How about say... a token sum of money... about 75 gold for each of us... and everything you know about this Zamia Torn and its location."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Dechado on Aug 20, 2017, 08:59 PM
Luis, along with Lucky Lucy, Stone Boyfriend, Lady Morgen Von Klaw, and Kidney Vetch; Room 55
Spoiler: show

"There, that should keep you going, [Lady] Von Klaw" He exhaled happily as he finished patching her.
Starting then to gather his tools

"Very well! We shall provide protection services all the way to your point of entry~ In exchange..."

Lucy tapped her chin with a single finger.

"How about say... a token sum of money... about 75 gold for each of us... and everything you know about this Zamia Torn and its location."

"Yoshiko!" He snapped, turning around wildly. "We are NOT taking advantage of scared and wounded souls to gain profit! They have already been through enough!"
Luis started breathing heavily, with his fur bristled, showing his teeth threateningly at Lucky Lucy.
However, along with his breathing, he would make a pain face caused by the injured shoulder.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Aug 20, 2017, 09:31 PM
Luis, along with Lucky Lucy, Stone Boyfriend, Lady Morgen Von Klaw, and Kidney Vetch, Room 55:
Spoiler: show
Morgen considers the offer of employment. "Hm, seventy-five each--you, your cleric, and the golem? Ah, I'd say your price is right, especially in--"

Both she and Kidney Vetch pause when Luis lashes out at "Yoshiko". "Um, is there a problem?" Morgen asks. "As I said, your price is right...'Yoshiko', was it?"

Kidney nervously excuses herself, and exits to the room East. She leaves the door open part way and you can see other bird-masks gathering around her.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Aug 20, 2017, 09:32 PM
Luis, along with Lucky Lucy, Stone Boyfriend, Lady Morgen Von Klaw, and Kidney Vetch; Room 55
Spoiler: show

This. Wretched. Mutt. It's about time, "Lucy" thought, to teach this imbecile a thing or two about cooperation and what happens if you do not do so when negotiating a deal where all parties benefit and instead sell off your own partner. FOR A COMPLETELY LEGITIMATE TRANSACTION.

But first she must fix the main issue. With a tried and tested method she found when someone made a mistake regarding her real name.

"First of all, cover your nose... snout when you sneeze! Is this how you treat your patients, sneezing on them!? What if they get disease! This how clerics treat patients these days!?"

She turned to Lady Morgan.

"Pardon my cleric's outburst. He makes the strangest of sneezes when he is angered and he's been through much. Got punched in the shoulder as you can see. As compensation for the sneeze, I'll reduce the protection fees that my cleric is unaware is very much a steal already to... 75G each for me and my golem partner. The cleric shall work for free. Oh and the name is "Lucy"."


@Jiisuri:  1d20+3 deception = (10)+3 = 13


Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Aug 20, 2017, 09:44 PM
Lucky Lucy, along with Luis, Stone Boyfriend, Lady Morgen Von Klaw, and Kidney Vetch, Room 55:
Spoiler: show
Lucky Lucy:
Morgen nods, and offers her good hand in agreement. "A deal, then, Miss Lucy. Get me out of here alive and I'm sure the Warsaw Company can afford a substantial bonus for you," she says. Stone Boyfriend mimics your behavior and goes to shake her hand as well, though it was not requested. He then shakes your hand.

Morgen then leads you into the East room, which is actually wide hallway that goes all the way around a central room and has exits North and East. Several bird-masked humanoids are lined up in the hall, plucking familiar looking vines out of the wall. Kidney Vetch returns with pruning shears and tries to keep the plant growth at bay.

Kidney waves you all over. "Ah! These regrow twice as fast now...I think Zamia Torn's chamber has to have the answer, but no one can get close. Aelfadred the Glyph Witch, our leader might know how we can get in safely."

"What about an exit?" Morgan asks you. "If we go the way I got in, we'll have to right past the orchids, unless you know any other way..."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Aug 20, 2017, 10:02 PM
Lucky Lucy, along with Luis, Stone Boyfriend, Lady Morgen Von Klaw, and Kidney Vetch, Room 55:
Spoiler: show

"I'd advise against my entry point. You've dealt hands with the Syndicate from the sounds of it so I'll give you a freebie; there would be White Jacquets there. Out of one hell and into another, I'd say."

"Lucy" clapped her paws together.

"So we shall go whence you came in. But not immediately. If we are to make it though safely, it'd be best to deal with the root of the problem wouldn't it? I say we rendezvous with your leader, Miss Kidney."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Q-Bit on Aug 20, 2017, 11:15 PM
Truman, with Oku, Room 10:
Spoiler: show
Agrimony throws up her hands while Yarrow shakes Tutsan. "It only started when he grabbed that chess piece!" Agrimony sighs. "We need to get a move on..."

"Sounds like some demon stuff," Yarrow guesses. "Uh, I don't know Infernal...or Abyssal, or what-have-you! The Glyph Witch back at the hideout, she does!"


Truman, with Oku, Room 10:
Spoiler: show
"You know, I might just know someone else who can help us. Friend of mine, a merchant, picked up some Infernal in her travels. I'd like to check with her first, if there's no problem."

Truman studies the room's exits, and realizes that one leads directly toward the corridor where the party split.

"It's this way. Let's get a move on."

Knowing them, that damn dog has gotten them all into trouble by now.

Truman once again rallies the Oku to lift Tutsan up and move out.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Aug 20, 2017, 11:29 PM
Truman, with Oku, Room 10:
Spoiler: show
(http://i.imgur.com/kMfWX1C.png)
You move South across the rope bridge until you reach the large hall with a colorful mural (Room 7). When you approach the entrance, a hissing voice calls out:

"The first to cross these coils must dance,
The second, sing to safety reach,
The third must bleed or risk mischance,
The fourth one dies between my teeth!

But three have passed my coils today
Upon the fourth I'll slake my thirst
If any more come through this way
The fifth one I shall count as first
Those who fail this test are fools
The wise will always heed my rules!"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: fukur0 on Aug 21, 2017, 01:03 AM
Seth, Room 14 [COMBAT]
Spoiler: show
[Seth attacks with Longbow: 1d20+5  = (15)+5 = 20]
[Damage: 1d8  = (1)+3 = 4 piercing damage]

As the Orchidman attempted to spray its acid towards Seth's and Lai Shan's directions, the shady woodsman took its clumsy aim as an opportunity to gain some distance away, keeping a firm grip on his longbow. He readies his aim at the spitting creature and with a 'twang!' sound, he shoots the arrow towards his target.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Bobo on Aug 21, 2017, 09:06 PM
Aaron, rooms 5/6
Spoiler: show
Aaron scans through his mental library, pulling down several books on magical creatures, medical research, and the natural world. These creatures are new;
 abominations formed from suturing together existing creatures rather than creatures born of blood or magic. "I must study them," Aaron says under his breath,
 stepping closer behind Sovereign.
@cuteapoot:  1d20+4 Arcana = (10)+4 = 14

"Sovereign," Aaron mutters, "whatever you do, ensure that you maintain at least one of these chimeras whole." Having spoken his request, Aaron extends his simian arm, thrusting forward with his glaive into the nearest ratleopard, skewering the surprised creature as it writhes away from Aaron's blade.
@cuteapoot:  1d20+4 Glaive vs ratleopard = (13)+4 = 17
@cuteapoot:  1d10+2  = (10)+2 = 12 Damage vs ratleopard

The pair of macabre beasts hiss in anger, vile intent flashing across their abhorrent visages, and turn their attention toward Aaron and his occult companion.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Aug 21, 2017, 09:30 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/gBlLiBf.png)

Sharis > Orchids > Lai Shan > Seth > Ashen, Room 14 ROUND ONE END:
Spoiler: show
Ashen screams as the acid hits her shoulder, but shortly the terrified scream becomes a shriek of pleasure. She stops resisting the orchidman's grip, and lets the hateful juice boil her flesh. An exhilarated smile grows on her face...

END ROUND ONE
Total damage this round: Sharis -4hp, Ashen -4hp, OM1 -13hp, OM2 -8hp, OM3 -4hp
ROUND TWO begins with Sharis


Luis/Yoshiko, with Stone BF, Morgen, and Kidney, Room 58:
Spoiler: show
Kidney Vetch leads the group through the North door, where you step down into a medium-sized dwelling. The floor and walls are lines with drop linens to cover the vine growth. Some of the cloth is spattered with paint, as the North half of the room seems to be in use as a paint studio. In the corner is a stack of extra bird-masks. There at an easel, painting on a stretch of animal hide, sits a gaunt figure.

The Glyph Witch, Aelfadred, has chalk-white skin and is completely bald. Her large eyes periodically flicker strange static. Her body has tiny black symbols painted on it in fresh ink. From her forehead, two spires of ink rise up like antlers. These ink-antlers form a flat table in mid-air, whereupon multiple cryptic glyphs appear. The glyphs change speed and formation with the flow of the Aelfadred's thoughts.

Seeing the new arrivals, she rises from her painting to meet you, eyes flickering as she processes the proper greeting. Her words are always slow and deliberate, as if she must concentrate to translate thoughts to speech.

"...Helllo. Laady Von Klawww, I trussst you are resssting welll? But y-y-youuu? I haave not haad the pleasssure! I amm Aelfadreddd, the Glyphhh Witchhh, trusted serrrvant and guide to the Okuuu."

She walks over to you at a brisk pace and ushers the five of you inside. "...Noww, what bringsss you to the Maaaze? You will find little here but deathhhh, I'm afraaaid." The witch grins coyly. "Deathhh, and love, and sadnessss."

"Kidneyyy says you seeeek the source of the vines? And the orchidsss? The answer lies with the goddess Zamia Torn...and the poor lich in love with her!"
(http://i.imgur.com/eJewQIP.gif)


Chorden, with Oku, the Archive Chase:
Spoiler: show
Having leapt upon Dark Mullein shoulders, you look back as you enter the next room. Tiny Great Mullein has fallen behind, and the Curator gains. You have a clear view now of his grotesque form, stomping like a stone spider.

"We need to turn here!" Black Medick yells, motioning to the East, where stands a normal-sized but heavy-looking iron door. "Get inside and seal it behind us!"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: GPS-Device on Aug 21, 2017, 10:18 PM
Sharis: Room 14 Combat Round 2
Spoiler: show


Sharis casts aside the orchid man's attempt to snare him and grunts as the acid hisses against his skin. With a fury, Sharis slams the blade of his axe into the creature's shoulder, and ripping it free, uses the added momentum of his twist to bring his second straight into the creature's torso.

The orchid man shudders after the second strike, and it's bloom of a head ruptures into a final spray of acid as it dies. Sharis ducks, only just barely able to get out of the way.


Reckless attack as usual: First strike, 1d20+6= (10)+6= 16
1d20+6=(10)+6= 16
Damage: 1d6+6= (4)+6= 10
Second strike: 1d20+6= (16)+6= 22
1d20+6= (18)+6= 24
Damage: 1d6+2= (6)+2= 8
Total Damage= 18
Dex Saves Against Acid Difficulty 12
Sharis Dex save against acid: 2d20k1+2 = (10+5)+2 = 12
Lai Shan Dex Save vs Acid: 1d20+6= (17)+6 = 23
 Seth Dex Save vs Acid: 1d20+5 = (9)+5 = 14

Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Aug 21, 2017, 10:22 PM
Luis/Yoshiko, with Stone BF, Morgen, and Kidney

Spoiler: show

"Lucky Lucy. Just a wandering merchant of all wares looking for new goods~"

She bowed.

"And I am here with my fine newly acquired golem companion and a Cleric under my employ. Lady Von Klaw just hired us to escort her back from whence she came, but to do so would require we... fix this Orchid man issue. Now then."

Lucy placed her paws on her cheeks in a coy fashion.

"Do tell us of this tale of love~ I do very much enjoy these~"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Aug 21, 2017, 10:30 PM
Sharis > Orchids > Lai Shan > Seth > Ashen, Room 14 ROUND TWO:
Spoiler: show
The remaining orchidmen gurgle in appreciation of their brother's sacrifice. The drooling creature still holding Ashen in its viney grasp turns to spray acid at Sharis, its streams of corrosive nectar going wide of the mark. The other remaining orchidman attempts the same trick on Lai Shan, but the shadow monk proves too evasive for the monster's streams.

OM2 - holding Ashen, adv attack on Sharis
   @Mister Kent: 2d20k1+3 OM2vsSharis = (3+1)+3 = 6
OM3 - acid attacks on Lai Shan
   @Mister Kent: 1d20+3 OM3attack1vsLaiShan = (9)+3 = 12
   @Mister Kent: 1d20+3 OM3attack2vsLaiShan = (6)+3 = 9


Aaron > Ratleopards > Sovereign, Room 5, ROUND ONE:
Spoiler: show
First move goes to Aaron. Your glaive was not corroded upon contact with the enemy.
@cuteapoot: 1d20 = (2) = 2
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: A Bad Idea on Aug 22, 2017, 12:19 AM
Lai Shan, Room 14 [COMBAT!]
Spoiler: show

1d20+6 Lai Shan Attacking with Shortsword vs Orchidman = (7)+6 = 13 [HIT!]
1d6+4 Shortsword Damage = (6)+4 = 10 piercing damage
1d20+6 Lai Shan Attacking with Unarmed Strike vs Orchidman = (15)+6 = 21 [HIT!]
1d4+4 Unarmed Strike Damage = (1)+4 = 5 bludgeoning damage

Hearing Ashen's cry(?), Lai Shan feels the urgency to strike down Ashen's assailant. Lai Shan coils back, leveling her blade and tucking her elbow back before thrusting her blade deep into what would normally be the nape of the creature's neck. In one fluid motion, she withdraws her sword, exposing the open wound, steps forward and strikes the back of the creature's head with a powerful palm thrust, tearing open the wound and prying open the creature's neck from behind. Unexpectedly, the orchid creature sprays a geyser of acidic nectar from its severed neckhole!

1d20+6 Lai Shan Dex Save = (2)+6 = 8
1d10 Ouch acid burns = (4) = 4 acid damage

"Ow! Ugh!"

The scalding acid sears Lai Shan's overextended arm, but she shakes it off and returns to her fighting posture, looking out for her next target.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: fukur0 on Aug 22, 2017, 06:01 AM
Seth, Room 14 [COMBAT]
Spoiler: show
1d20+5 Seth attacking Orchidman with Longbow = (9)+5 = 14
1d8+3 Damage: (1)+3 = 4 piercing damage

Staying some distance away from the orchidmen proved to be a good idea after all as Seth continued to avoid being sprayed by the creatures' acids as they croaked. He certainly doesn't want to get his hands any messier than they should be but he's gotta make it easier for his two teammates after all.

As soon as the elf monk had finished slaying the one of the orchidman, Seth grabs another one of his arrows and shoots at his same target as before, the third orchidman.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Q-Bit on Aug 22, 2017, 05:41 PM
Truman, with Oku, Room 10:
Spoiler: show
(http://i.imgur.com/kMfWX1C.png)
You move South across the rope bridge until you reach the large hall with a colorful mural (Room 7). When you approach the entrance, a hissing voice calls out:

"The first to cross these coils must dance,
The second, sing to safety reach,
The third must bleed or risk mischance,
The fourth one dies between my teeth!

But three have passed my coils today
Upon the fourth I'll slake my thirst
If any more come through this way
The fifth one I shall count as first
Those who fail this test are fools
The wise will always heed my rules!"

Truman, with Oku, Room 10:
Spoiler: show
"...Forget that."

Truman leads the Oku back to room 10. They set Tutsan down again,
and Truman sets to work cutting the rope holding up the middle bridge to ensure that no one is tempted to enter the mural room again.

When he finishes, as he picks Tutsan back up, Truman asks the Oku if the bridge Southwest would also lead to the room he last saw his friend enter, and if so, barring any other complications, he prepares to head that way.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Aug 22, 2017, 06:34 PM
Luis/Yoshiko, and the gang, Room 58:
Spoiler: show
After the most agonizing of dramatic pauses, Aelfadred tells the tale of Three Goddesses: Chronia, Charity, and Zamia Torn, who millennia ago served as the innocent figureheads of a monstrous regime, the Triarchy. To end the Triarchy's war with the waning Reptile Empire, two leading ministers, Xanthoceras the Necromancer and Chancellor Sophronia Wort, teamed with Reptile Empire's Ambassador Draco Scabra to imprison them forever in the Medusa's infamous Maze.

Xanthoceras was ever a black-hearted necromancer and grew to be a powerful lich--until he fell in love with Zamia Torn. This was an epic, laws-of-physics-defying kind of love. Now instead of spreading decay, Xanthocera's presence in the Maze spreads life--a wild, cancerous, throbbing surplus of LIFE. Everything is infected with his heartache, right down to the garden's statues. And it's only gotten stronger since Zamia's recent attempted suicide.

"...Thisss love will kill us all," the Glyph Witch warns you. Kidney Vetch squeaks and twitters with worry.

Morgen finds a wooden chair in the corner of the room to rest on. "So, Lucy, what's the plan? This garden is even deadlier than when we got here."


Sharis > Orchids > Lai Shan > Seth > Ashen, Room 14, ROUND TWO END:
Spoiler: show
When the orchidman holding her dies, Ashen Chanterelle is struck with a numb sensation, staggering back against the wall. She closes her eyes, and with most depraved grin on her face reaches her hand to her acid-drenched shoulder. She grasps at the wound, slathering acid up and down her arm, across her collarbone, spreading acid and causing further damage (-3hp to Ashen).

@Mister Kent:  1d4  = (3) = 3 extra acid dam
ROUND THREE begins with Sharis - Sharis, please make a WIS save/DC 15 or spend your next turn doing the same to your wound, spreading the acid and incurring 1d4 extra damage.


Truman, with Oku, Room 10:
Spoiler: show
Agrimony isn't certain. "Hmm, that way isn't known to us-oku. I think it might open...from the other side-oku..." You can see that the bridge ends up at a stone ledge but no discernable door.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Aug 22, 2017, 06:54 PM
Luis/Yoshiko, and the gang, Room 58:

Spoiler: show

"Ufufu~ I did say the solution is to fix the root of the problem didn't I, Lady Von Klaw?"

Lucy turned back to Aelfadred.

"So, how can we meet this Necromancer and Goddess? I'd say its time to negotiate with them~ Maybe offer them a matchmaking service. One honeymoon out of this dungeon perhaps~"

Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: ZigZagaroo on Aug 22, 2017, 08:43 PM
Chorden, with the Bird-Brained Bandits, the Archive chase
Spoiler: show
Perception check:
@ZigZagaroo: 1d20+7 = (5)+7 = 12

Chorden looked upon these iron doors with such excited eyes, overjoyed by the thought of his escape from this nightmarish scenario. At the corner of his eye he couldn't help but also make out two tables across the room from where they were. One carrying an assortment of colorful flowers, the other merely covered by a large cloth to hide it's contents. However, given their current situation there was no time to take notice of such things, only to exit this place at once.

Giving a quick glance back Chorden saw how far the shortest of the Bird-Brained Bandits had fallen back, surely what would have happened to him had he not climbed onto the largest of the three. Behind him he saw all too clearly the Curator, in all it's morbid glory as it gained further speeds. At this rate the smallest would surely be caught and crushed in mere moments.

"Fine, if his death means the safety of us all then so be it. Afterall, the fault falls on the three, recklessly chasing into danger without any plan to avoid such an encounter as this. Well I certainly hope a few old dusty books was wort..."

And it was at that thought Chorden strung up an idea. Jumping down from the largest of the Bird-Brain Bandits he quickly opened his map container to pull out the old letter. After unrolling it, he turning to the leader in read and asked," Quick hand me your torch. If this works we could all leave here alive!.."






Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: GPS-Device on Aug 22, 2017, 10:07 PM
Sharis room 14 Round 3
Spoiler: show

Under the Rage, Sharis feels a pull towards his wounds, but shaking his head, charges the final orchid man. He brings his axe down, but the distraction of the wound is enough that his first strike falls short. Planting his foot, he brings his other axe around, slashing across the creature's torso.


1d20+1 wisdomsave = (19)+1 = 20
2d20k1+6 Sharis vs OM 3 first strike = (4+3)+6 = 10
2d20k1+6 sharis vs OM 3 second swing = (14+11)+6 = 20
1d6+2 second swing damage = (3)+2 = 5
Total Damage= 5

Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Bobo on Aug 23, 2017, 09:49 PM
Aaron > Ratleopards > Sovereign, Room 5, ROUND ONE:
Spoiler: show
Seeing the ratleopards' menacing stares, Aaron makes a tactical decision belying his recent behavior. Reaching out with his glaive again, he brings it in a wide arc, intending to slice through their exposed fascia. So hasty to retreat to safety, however, Aaron backs away a little too quickly, and his glaive slices through nothing but air. Grumbling to himself, Aaron limps backwards, taking shelter behind Sovereign.

"I'll uh... provide backup," Aaron grins sheepishly at his bladed companion.

@cuteapoot:  1d20+4  = (11)+4 = 15
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Aug 23, 2017, 10:12 PM
Chorden, the Archives:
Spoiler: show
Black Medick hands you the torch as Dark Mullein tries to open the heavy metal door. "I hope you know what you're doing, lookout," Black Medick mutters nervously.

At the entrance to the room, the Curator flicks out its left forefinger and sends little Great Mullein flying right past you into the wall with a loud CRACK!


Sharis > Orchidman > Lai Shan > Seth > Ashen, Room 14, ROUND THREE:
Spoiler: show
The last beautiful and deadly orchidman jerks as Sharis's axe cleaves into its abdomen. Reflexively it vomits acid all over Sharis' arm--a revolting stream of sizzling olive-green nectar. Just when it seems it cannot possibly have any more of the horrible fluid within it, it spits directly onto Sharis's chest.

@Mister Kent:  1d20+3 acidon = (16)+3 = 19
@Mister Kent:  1d10 aciddam = (7) = 7
@Mister Kent:  1d20+3 acidonsharis = (18)+3 = 21
@Mister Kent:  1d10 aciddam = (8) = 8


Aaron > Ratleopards > Sovereign, Room 5/6, ROUND ONE:
Spoiler: show
You notice sound coming from the corner of the room, muffled voices on the other side of the wall in the Northeast corner.

Now having Sovereign as their foremost target and Aaron behind her, the first ratleopard attacks the warlock with its fleshy claws and gnashing teeth. The second follows suit, clawing up Sovereign in an attempt to reach Aaron, leaving open bloody gashes on Sovereign's limbs (Sovereign -17hp!)

@Mister Kent: 1d20+5 rat1attack = (10)+5 = 15
@Mister Kent: 1d4+1d10 ratclaws = (3)+(2) = 5 << Will be negated by Sov's Shield on her turn
@Mister Kent: 1d20+5 rat2attack = (14)+5 = 19
@Mister Kent: 1d4+1d10 ratclaws = (2)+(10) = 12
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Q-Bit on Aug 23, 2017, 10:29 PM
Truman, with Oku, Room 10:
Spoiler: show
Agrimony isn't certain. "Hmm, that way isn't known to us-oku. I think it might open...from the other side-oku..." You can see that the bridge ends up at a stone ledge but no discernable door.

Truman, with Oku, Room 10:
Spoiler: show
"Well, we can't go through the room with the bizarre stairways. At least, not without splitting up. And we can't go through the middle path anymore, not that that was a good idea to begin with. So our options are limited. Let's see, if I were building an eldrich hellmaze, I'd put a secret door panel,
riiiight... here."

Truman taps the wall. Nothing.

"Here?"

He taps another spot, and another. After it becomes apparent that this is going nowhere, he stops and listens to the wall.

@Q-Bit: 1d20+4 Perception = (16)+4 = 20

Truman hears the faint sounds of combat through the stone.

"I hear fighting. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the others. If I can make enough noise, maybe I can get them to open the door."

He turns toward the others.

"Unless either of you have any more tricks up your sleeve."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: A Bad Idea on Aug 23, 2017, 11:02 PM
Lai Shan, Room 14 [COMBAT, ROUND 3]

Spoiler: show
Lai Shan Attacking with Shortsword vs Orchidman = (12)+6 = 18 [HIT!]
Shortsword Damage = (3)+4 = 7 piercing damage
Using Step Of The Wind (1 Ki) to Disengage as a bonus action

As the remaining orchidman vomits excessively on Sharis, Lai Shan leaps forward, driving her blade deep into the side of the orchid's 'head'. Knowing the consequence of a fatal strike against the creature, Lai Shan pulls her blade free and in a swift blur, darts back with a flip and a tumble, landing gracefully at a safe distance before the orchid erupts.

Lai Shan Wisdom Save vs Acid = (18)+2 = 20 [SAVED!]

Lai Shan flicks her sword to the side, shaking off the strange plant juice before returning the sword to its scabbard.

"Phew, everyone alright?"


Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Ten Dead Kings on Aug 23, 2017, 11:06 PM
Sovereign Room 6

Spoiler: show

It wasn't the fact that Aaron charged ahead with his glaive. Nor was it him hiding behind her, after missing his swing and causing the beasts to attack her instead. A reaction cast of Shield even managed to stave off what would be a far bigger wound. No, it was the bugbear's sheepish grin that made her snap.

Use Reaction to cast Shield (+5 AC till next round)

"No! You're dealing with this yourself you leatherheaded excuse of a librarian!" Turning back to the ratleopards, Sovereign takes a sidestep and rushes past their claws, taking a right back into the shadow room, looking for an escape and a way back to the rest of the party.

Disengage action
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Aug 23, 2017, 11:10 PM
Truman, with Oku, Room 10:
Spoiler: show
Agrimony squeaks. "I...might have something...but I haven't had to use it for some time. Please, get off the bridge, just in case..."

When you are clear, she stands fifteen feet from the suspicious wall, and her eyes begin to glow so bright a blue it shines through her bird mask. "The Glyph Witch said each of us have a gift...and this is mine!" From her hands, she unleashes a trio of brilliant blue missiles of magic energy. They crash into the wall and cast up a cloud of smoke (Aaron and Sovereign will hear this from the other side). When the smoke clears, there is a large crack in the wall, large enough to see into the next room and perhaps pass items through, but not large enough to move a person through.

You see a frenzy of action, and Sovereign fleeing the scene. Two molerat-cat chimera-looking things are running around causing trouble. After leaving Sovereign in poor shape, they seem to turn their attention to the next room as Sovereign escapes.
@Mister Kent:  3d4+3 Agrimony'sTrick = (2+2+4)+3 = 11


Aaron, Room 5, and Sovereign, Room 3:
Spoiler: show
You hear a great impact strike the corner where the sound was coming from in your previous room (Room 6). A crack appears, and you can sort of make out people on the other side if you look hard enough.


Lai Shan, Sharis, Seth, Room 14:
Spoiler: show
For slaying a trio of very bad orchidmen, you each receive 125xp.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: fukur0 on Aug 24, 2017, 02:06 AM
Seth, Room 14
Spoiler: show
"Just peachy over here."

He held his usual smug look on his face but there was a tone of relief in his voice, grateful he didn't get hit with the acid, especially after seeing Ashen's behavior. Not to mention being grappled by the creature like that...

He made his way towards the high priestess and touched her wounded shoulder, not bothering to be gentle at contact. "It'll only hurt for a moment. Just bear with it."

[OOC: Seth uses Cure Wounds on Ashen.]
1d8+2 #cure wounds on ashen = (7)+2 = 9
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: GPS-Device on Aug 24, 2017, 03:06 AM
Sharis Room 14
Spoiler: show

Sharis relaxes his body, puting his handaxes back to his side. He grunts, slaking off the acid drenching him, and moves to the table in the room, clearing it off and lifting it.

"The Lady Ashen is in no condition to continue forward right now, and I myself am fairly spent. I suggest we attempt to barricade the entries to the grassy room ahead to prevent more of those creatures from coming upon us, and rest."

He sets the table down near the doorway.

"It might also be good to eat something. Honestly, my stomach feels like we've been traveling much greater than it seems."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: ZigZagaroo on Aug 24, 2017, 01:26 PM
Chorden, with the Bird-Brained Bandits, the Archives
Spoiler: show
Chorden swiped away the torch into his grasp. He raised it high above him, slowly trudging a few feet forward, as to maintain a close distance to the door. If this suspicion of his proved true it could give him a upper hand against the Curator if he were to survive this encounter. At the very least it could buy him and the others time to escape, maybe even save the smallest if he's luck-CRACK...as he was saying, buy time to escape.

As the Curator crept ever closer, Chorden raised the letter held firmly in his right hand, while lowering the torch in his left. The torch was mere inches away from letter, and Chorden made sure the Curator was well aware of it. Yet as a precaution, he made sure obstruct the letter as best as he could, in case the knowledge he held had little value to the archives. As he tried his best to hide the fear behind his voice, he began to shout...

"Stay back! You guard these archives don't you? Well what good is a beast like you if it can't protect even one piece of valuable knowledge. What will Medusa do if she hears of this I wonder? Perhaps she'll melt you down, make you into armor for someone more competent. No, she'll just break you apart throw you away, she wouldn't want to use such useless material!..."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: A Bad Idea on Aug 24, 2017, 02:01 PM
Lai Shan, Room 14

Spoiler: show
"Has it really been that long? I hadn't realized. It becomes difficult to discern the time without the light of the sun."

Lai Shan sets down her satchel on a nearby table and brings out the rations again.

"I've got some snacks if you guys need to eat something. Should be enough for all of us if we share."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: ZigZagaroo on Aug 24, 2017, 02:12 PM
Chorden, with the Bird-Brained Bandits, the Archives
Spoiler: show
Chorden swiped away the torch into his grasp. He raised it high above him, slowly trudging a few feet forward, as to maintain a close distance to the door. If this suspicion of his proved true it could give him a upper hand against the Curator if he were to survive this encounter. At the very least it could buy him and the others time to escape, maybe even save the smallest if he's luck-CRACK...as he was saying, buy time to escape.

As the Curator crept ever closer, Chorden raised the letter held firmly in his right hand, while lowering the torch in his left. The torch was mere inches away from letter, and Chorden made sure the Curator was well aware of it. Yet as a precaution, he made sure obstruct the letter as best as he could, in case the knowledge he held had little value to the archives. As he tried his best to hide the fear behind his voice, he began to shout...

"Stay back! You guard these archives don't you? Well what good is a beast like you if it can't protect even one piece of valuable knowledge. What will Medusa do if she hears of this I wonder? Perhaps she'll melt you down, make you into armor for someone more competent. No, she'll just break you apart throw you away, she wouldn't want to use such useless material!..."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Bobo on Aug 24, 2017, 02:16 PM
Aaron > Ratleopards > Sovereign, Room 5/6, ROUND TWO:
Spoiler: show
"I thought we were a team!" Aaron barks as Sovereign makes her cowardly retreat. I should have seen this coming, he curses his foolishness in expecting the bladed mage to cooperate on a plan she didn't come up with. They had been on enough jobs together to make it clear that Sovereign generally preferred to work alone.

"Fine," Aaron growls to himself. Taking a few steps back away from the open doorway, he channels Create Bonfire to hopefully discourage his opponents from approaching him, at least for the moment.

Then, he gets a stupid idea. "Hey you!" he shouts at the three knights behind him, "Any chance you noble warriors would acquiesce to helping an injured bookworm rid this place of literal vermin abominations?"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Aug 24, 2017, 09:30 PM
Aaron > Ratleopards, Room 5, ROUND TWO:
Spoiler: show
The knights look on silently, confidently holding their swords, guarding their lords' thrones.

Not wanting to roast themselves in the Bonfire, both chimeric ratleopard creatures make a run for the hole in the floor from which they had emerged, not stopping to grab their corpse meals as they go. They burrow back into their tunnel, kicking up dirt and broken flagstone behind them.

Combat has ended. Aaron and Sovereign both receive 200xp.


Sharis/Lai Shan/Seth, with Ashen, Room 12:
Spoiler: show
There is a sound of rushing wind Eastward down the hall, and the air momentarily pulls in that direction. You hear the faint echoes of the sound of crying, which you heard upon first entering this area.

You hear Chronia Torn begin to play her music in her room again, on what sounds like an out-of-tune guitar.

Seth:
Ashen seems exuberant about her caustic wounds, and seems annoyed when you bring her back down to earth with a stinging Cure Wounds technique. "Dogon," she whispers into the air deliriously. "Don't leave me again...I can't do this without you..." She slumps to a dry patch of floor and sighs before passing out. Her shirt is drenched in acid, however, and will need to be replaced.

Sharis:
Upon bringing the table to barricade the entrance to (Room 49), you see an open arch leading to an amazingly dark room. Even those naturally superior vision have trouble seeing in this room, likely due to the black roses growing here amidst massive tangled thorn bushes. These roses are sunflower-sized and seem to absorb light. There are fallen petals on the ground, and even those seem to have the same dark or negative aura.

There are two open doors in the black-rose room, reachable if you can hack through the thorns, one nearby on the Northwest wall, and one directly South.


Luis/Yoshiko, and the gang, Room 58:
Spoiler: show
 The Glyph Witch stands from her painting and looks at you all carefully. She especially is cautious of Stone Boyfriend. "You were able to ally yourself with a statue? Wrest it from Xanthocerasss's power? Hm. Perhapsss the lich is not as in controlll as we thoughttt."

She then laughs, slowly and cruelly. "All the same--a haaappy ending is off the taaable, I'm surrre," she snickers. "Zamia lovesss no one. She desiiired to essscape Xanthocerass affectionsss, and the onlyyy way to do so was do DIE."

The Witch then walks over to the north wall and pulls the hanging cloth down, revealing three stone doors in the wall. "Zammmia lies beyond here in endless sleeeep," she explains, and then explains the process by which this was done.

Almost everyone who encounters Zamia Torn falls in love with her. This has been the case for 8000 years, but when the "Loving Lich" Xanthoceras made his intentions known it was too much to bear, the final straw. Zamia conspired with a powerful killer (now stored in the Cells) and the Medusa to separate Zamia's soul from her body and turn it to stone.

"Zammmia will not wake until her stone soul is freed and reunited with her body, buuuut Xanthoceras is beside himself with his overwhelming desire to awaken herrr."

She points to the East door. "The lich lies Eaaaast, if you dare to consulttt with him." Her tone is both pitiful and fearful. "The Oku and I no looonger attempt to reassson with such a sinnnngle-minded being, but perhapsss you will have better luck."


Chorden, the Archives:
Spoiler: show
You raise the torch, and the Curator stops in its tracks. Black Medick scoops up Great Mullein in his arms--it's not certain the little Oku is even still alive.

At your dare, the Curator backs up into the last room, but still watches you closely. Just when you think Dark Mullein might break the iron door down, it opens.

Inside (Room 160), a robed figure greets you. It is a woman in a black floor-length evening gown and midnight-blue hooded cape. The hood is drawn up to shadow most of her facial features, but she seems young and beautiful. Her flesh is milky pale with almost a azure sheen to it. At her appearance, the Curator withdraws completely from sight, but you can hear it's fingersteps lingering around the corner.

"Hello," the woman says in a pleasant manner. "Did my Curator give you a fright?" She motions to your torch. "You can put that down now. The danger is passed." She flashes a delicate smile, and the Oku squeak nervously. "The Curator is such a stickler for rules...don't touch this, don't touch that. Why not live a little, right?"

"Come inside," she offers, and steps aside to let you into what looks like a grand chamber, decorated in fine silk and an enormous mounted dragon skull. There is another person here, also cloaked in dark robes, laughing to himself quietly. The Oku nervously enter.

She waits for you to come in. As she looms over you, her hood writhes lightly, the playful peek of serpents darting in and out of shadow. "What brings you to my home?" the Medusa asks you calmly.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Bobo on Aug 25, 2017, 09:56 AM
Aaron, Room 5:
Spoiler: show
"Shit, I was gonna study those monsters," Aaron curses under his breath. Oh well, better safe than sorry.

Dropping the fire, Aaron steps cautiously into Room 6, peering into the crack in the wall. "Hello?" he calls hesitantly, "Who's on the other side of this partition?" I really just want to get back to this puzzle, to be honest, but I can't just ignore this stupid crack, Aaron thinks impatiently.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: ZigZagaroo on Aug 25, 2017, 06:26 PM
Chorden, the Archives
Spoiler: show
She waits for you to come in. As she looms over you, her hood writhes lightly, the playful peek of serpents darting in and out of shadow. "What brings you to my home?" the Medusa asks you calmly.
Quote

At that moment, Chorden had been completely struck with fear. His whole body had seemed to freeze over, as if this Medusa had already place her curse on him. Just as he outwitted one abomination, here he was standing before the ruler of this strange domain. With a shaken grip, his torch had slipped from his grasp , impacting with the stone cold floor below, it's crackling growing ever softer until the flame itself had burned out. Regaining his focus, Chorden quickly turned his gaze away from the Medusa's, with Aaron'sexplanation of the woman fresh in his mind he wouldn't allow her the chance to petrify him. For that moment, for what felt like an eternity, it seemed he couldn't utter a single word. Perhaps he had feared that if he spoke wrongly, some form of consequence would surely occur. Given enough thought, with enough built up courage he slowly gave her his response...

".....W...W-Why m-my lady...G-Great and B-B-Beautiful Medusa, theres no point in s-speaking of such m-m-matters out here. I-It would be better t-to speak in the comfort of your chambers....s-so that me and my "acquaintances" may calm down from our ordeal. B-Better to ask us w-with our minds clear...."

Chorden took the letter he had threatened to burn and quickly rolled it up. Though wishing to quickly escape the presence of the Medusa, he simply held it in the crook of his arm instead of simply storing it back into his container. After which he swiftly attempted to pass the Medusa to enter her chamber.
 
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Q-Bit on Aug 25, 2017, 11:06 PM
Truman, with Oku, Room 10:
Spoiler: show
Agrimony squeaks. "I...might have something...but I haven't had to use it for some time. Please, get off the bridge, just in case..."

When you are clear, she stands fifteen feet from the suspicious wall, and her eyes begin to glow so bright a blue it shines through her bird mask. "The Glyph Witch said each of us have a gift...and this is mine!" From her hands, she unleashes a trio of brilliant blue missiles of magic energy. They crash into the wall and cast up a cloud of smoke (Aaron and Sovereign will hear this from the other side). When the smoke clears, there is a large crack in the wall, large enough to see into the next room and perhaps pass items through, but not large enough to move a person through.

You see a frenzy of action, and Sovereign fleeing the scene. Two molerat-cat chimera-looking things are running around causing trouble. After leaving Sovereign in poor shape, they seem to turn their attention to the next room as Sovereign escapes.
@Mister Kent:  3d4+3 Agrimony'sTrick = (2+2+4)+3 = 11

Aaron, Room 5:
Spoiler: show
"Shit, I was gonna study those monsters," Aaron curses under his breath. Oh well, better safe than sorry.

Dropping the fire, Aaron steps cautiously into Room 6, peering into the crack in the wall. "Hello?" he calls hesitantly, "Who's on the other side of this partition?" I really just want to get back to this puzzle, to be honest, but I can't just ignore this stupid crack, Aaron thinks impatiently.


Truman, with Oku, Room 10 (Speaking to Aaron through the hole in the wall):
Spoiler: show
"Excellent work, Agrimony!"

Truman gets up close to the hole in the wall and peer through it, seeing Aaron's face through the crack.

Well, better him than Sovereign.

"Grok! No time for pleasantries. I've got someone catatonic with me, affected by some kind of curse. We need someone who can speak infernal, or abyssal. I'm going to need you to get this door open, or, failing that, find Yoshiko and bring her here."
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Aug 30, 2017, 06:35 AM
Luis/Yoshiko, and the gang, Room 58:

Spoiler: show

"Ufufufu~"

Lucy tugged her Stone Boyfriend's arm and tapped her toecap on the floor.

"I suppose it's worth a shot then. Madam Von Klaw, where from here was your way into this maze? If we're venturing towards Orchidman territory, you'd best stay put here with my cleric whilst I have a chat with our lovestruck lich."

She turned to Luis.

"Unless you've got objections to this plan?"

Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Bobo on Aug 30, 2017, 04:48 PM
Truman, with Oku, Room 10 (Speaking to Aaron through the hole in the wall):
Spoiler: show
"Excellent work, Agrimony!"

Truman gets up close to the hole in the wall and peer through it, seeing Aaron's face through the crack.

Well, better him than Sovereign.

"Grok! No time for pleasantries. I've got someone catatonic with me, affected by some kind of curse. We need someone who can speak infernal, or abyssal. I'm going to need you to get this door open, or, failing that, find Yoshiko and bring her here."

Aaron, Room 6:
Spoiler: show
"I can cast a spell that allows me to understand those languages, but I cannot speak them. Let me see if I can aid you in expanding this fissure so we can locate the feline one together."

Aaron raises his maul, slamming it against the wall with all his might.
@cuteapoot:  1d20+2 STR = (13)+2 = 15

OHHHHHHH YEAAAAAHHHH the maul smashes through the wall, the crack becoming a gaping hole as Aaron wipes the dust off of his crystal.

"Shall we prevail upon our feline friend for assistance?" Aaron grins proudly.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Aug 31, 2017, 10:28 PM
Yoshiko, and the gang, Rooms 58+:
Spoiler: show
Morgen Von Klaw points to the East room from here. "We came from east, and north. My men died in a room of total darkness, we could not see the ambush! Just blood, acid, and the stench of roses..."

To the east, a small metal creature appears in the doorway, like a moving sculpture or a living glyph. Where his head and hands should be there are only thick iron hoops. "Your name please, madame, so I may announce you to Xanthoceras, the Loving Lich." The sculpture golem speaks to you in a formal but youngish sounding voice. "I am Orloc, the Witch's Observer of Formalities. Only I may escort you to the lich's chamber."


Aaron/Truman, with Oku, Rooms 6/9:
Spoiler: show
Aaron:
The secret door shatters at the might of your weapon, uniting you with your human companion, Truman. He stands on a stone landing leading to a rope bridge. He has three bird-masked folks with him. The one in the red sweater seems comatose or possessed, and clutches a large stone chess bishop in his hand.
(http://i.imgur.com/KVp0CTL.png)

Truman:
Aaron looks little worse for wear, except now sporting some strange pig's-foot apparatus where his one foot would've been. There is the corpse of an old man in this room, and you glimpse a trio of silent knights idling in the other room (Room 5). No sign of your other companions.


Sovereign, Room 3:
Spoiler: show
You hear Aaron bring down the corner wall of Sanguifluus' room, and you hear the familiar voice of Truman as well.


Chorden, with Oku, Room 160:
Spoiler: show
The Medusa laughs softly. "Oh, these are not my private chambers. I am simply paying a visit to an old friend," she explains, and gestures to the cackling figure sitting on a plush crescent-shaped couch. He appears to be an undead lizardman, his head almost skeletal, resembling a crocodile. "When I'm feeling down, I visit dear Draco. He always knows how to cheer me up." Once everyone is inside the large room, the Medusa closes the door, leaving the Curator to await on the other side.

She frowns at the presence of the Oku, who chatter quietly and wait for their chance to make a break for it. The Medusa ignores them for the moment and turns to you. "I'm sure you didn't cross dimensions just to antagonize my house staff," she says in a silky whisper. "Now, what is it you came here for? My vast riches? Or did you come to free one of my prisoners? Either way, I'm not sure it's going to turn out like you'd hoped." She laughs briefly. "Er, sorry to say."
(http://i.imgur.com/Iu0Cn0L.png)
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Bobo on Sep 01, 2017, 08:23 AM
Aaron, Room 5
Spoiler: show
Aaron takes a moment to scan his memory for any mention of bird-masked individuals from history, as well as what might be plaguing the one in red.
@cuteapoot:  1d20+4 History = (6)+4 = 10
@cuteapoot:  1d20+4 Arcana = (19)+4 = 23

A sudden pinch pulls Aaron out of his thoughts for a moment. Owl is hungry! Aaron absentmindedly hands his companion some rations. Owl hoots contentedly, then, upon a silent command from its master, flies south to find Yoshiko and the rest of Aaron's companions.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Sep 07, 2017, 04:22 PM
Aaron/Truman, with Oku, traveling thru Gardens:
Spoiler: show
The bird-people introduce themselves as "Oku". You know of no historical accounts describing such people, but the name brings to mind a very old myth. In this ancient pre-Fall belief, "Oku" was a trickster god in bird form, some accounts describe as a crow. He stole light from the sun and gave it to the moon, which is allegedly why the moon glows today. These people seem wholly convinced they are such trickster birds.

The leader of this small band, Agrimony, explains to Aaron that the trio pulled off a heist over East at the dinner halls, careful not to disturb the "Dead Wedding" taking place therein. There the Oku obtained the key to the Medusa's treasury, got chased off by a "gold soul", and met Truman, whom they offered a part of their take.

Now united, you travel into the Gardens to meet up with Yoshiko and Luis.

Room 28:
The first room is dark but full of healthy green vines littered with broken remains of black statues. The statues' features are shallow and suggestive rather than finely crafted. Mixed with the healthy vines there are also tangled masses of burned vines, courtesy of Aaron, who begins to explain what the birdlike Oku already claim to know--the vines magically animate the statues, who will attack but if antagonized. Aaron stuns them when he reveals that the sole surviving statue is now the ally of his friend Yoshiko. The vines seem to be growing back at an alarming rate.

There is a room to the immediate West that none in the party have explored yet, and rooms to the South that are unknown to Aaron. The room to the Northwest is...

Room 34:
In this quaint gardener's toolshed, where Aaron had acquired some tools to brace his leg, you see that a large crack has been made in the East wall, large enough to pass through. "Your friends must be seeking out our people," says Agrimony. "I hope they meet peacefully."

You crawl through the cracked wall, passing catatonic Tutsan through gently, and end up in...

Room 56:
Your feet set down on a soft carpet of moss and vines. The South half of the room has some half-rotten wooden benches like pews in a chapel. At the North of the room sits a cracked sarcophagus covered in thorny weeds. There is a small stone table in front of the sarcophagus with a trio of recently snuffed out votive candles. The sarcophagus lid remains closed but there are scratches at the seal, as if someone had previously tried to open it to get at the grave goods within.

Through the West and South walls you hear an echoing cackle from an adjacent room, a mad laughter that's not at all human. There is a door on the North wall, through which you find...

Room 55:
You blink as the light envelops you for a moment before dying down to a less blinding level. The entire floor of this room is an uneven mosaic of illuminated blocks made of a material like glass or cut gemstone. The tiles of the room ebb and flow with strange light, and once in a while reveal strange images on their glowing surface.

Very briefly you can clearly see several of the Queen of Void's White Jacquets walking down a familiar corridor, white armor gleaming under torchlight. You glimpse Lai Shan in what looks like her elven sleep-trance. You see a woman sitting in a drawing room, her face concealed by a nearly opaque veil. You see a strange snake-boy waving a wooden sword in the air.

All of these images are clear but fleeting, mere seconds long. Spending ten minutes to focus on any tile will give you a longer view, though you cannot control which room in the Maze you observe. The archer Oku Yarrow sighs with relief when reaching the room's Northeast door, opening up into...

Room 54:
The room is actually a large hallway surrounding a central closed off chamber. There are several more Oku here, who ease Tutsan onto a nearby bench. The door North is open, and through it you can see...

Room 58:
In here you find Yoshiko (in her "Lucky Lucy" clothes) and Luis, accompanied by the last remaining animated statue acting as "Lucky Lucy's" bodyguard.

There is another Oku in a dress (Kidney Vetch), and a human woman in paint-spackled armor (Lady Morgen Von Klaw). There is a strange white figure, a bald woman with antlers made of jet-black ink--Aelfadred, the Glyph Witch. Coded symbols flash above her head, and she speaks slowly as she decodes her own thoughts.

The room itself is lines with drop-cloth tapestries, and is being used as the Witch's painting studio. There is door to the East and West, and a North wall with 3 doors in it.


Yoshiko/Luis, with Oku, Morgen, Stone BF, Rooms 58+:
Spoiler: show
Listening to the Glyph Witch speak is an agonizing test of patience. By the time you are ready to move on and Orloc is ready to escort you, familiar faces arrive: Aaron and Truman.


Chorden, with Oku, Room 160:
Spoiler: show
The second the Medusa's glances off towards the hideously laughing Draco Scabra, Black Medick hands you the bag of spoils from the vault room, and Great Mullein begins to stir to consciousness. Though the bird masks are not that expressive, he looks at you with what you can only read as desperation.

"I carved out this little hollow between dimensions so I would not be disturbed, and both my prisoners and mementos would be secure," the Medusa explains. "But with each passing century I receive more and more visitors. It is me, or shouldn't some things remain sacred? I mean, isn't a girl entitled to a little privacy?" She retains her cool demeanor, but is mildly annoyed. "Now, what is it you wanted, again?"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Jiisuri on Sep 07, 2017, 09:44 PM
Yoshiko/Luis, with Oku, Morgen, Stone BF, Rooms 58+

Spoiler: show

"Oh my~ It seems we have..."

"Lucy" squinted at Truman and the bugbear. She made eye contact with Truman and glanced at the bugbear a few times. It was a kind of signal, one that pretty much meant "keep an eye on him and make sure he doesn't screw this up."

"...guests! Ah, a coincidence meeting you here~ These are fellow clients of mine. I'm helping them acquire new goods and... specimens from this here maze~ This Bugbear is an aspiring wizard you see. Looking for new fauna and species of beasts."

She stepped closer to the newly arrived pair and whispered from behind her sleeve.

"Bout time y'joined up. What's th' snitch?"
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Bobo on Sep 11, 2017, 09:39 AM
Owl, lots of Rooms:
Spoiler: show
Owl begins its trip to find the lady with pointy ears. She's nice even though she looks scary. Owl hoots happily, hoping she gives treats.

As Owl flutters over the spinning shadow holes, a metallic sound rings out from a nearby room. Owl peeks its head into the big hall where the demon lady was. White Jacquets are entering the maze! Owl sends a silent message to Who. Receiving instructions back, Owl sets off to the north, dutifully abandoning the thoughts of pointy-ear lady giving treats as it glides off in search of the rest of the crew.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Bobo on Sep 11, 2017, 09:59 AM
Aaron w/Yoshiko, Luis, Oku, Morgen, Stone BF, Rooms 58+
Spoiler: show
Seeing "Lucky Lucy", Aaron reprises his role as "Bugbear Customer 1."
@cuteapoot:  1d20 Performance = (10) = 10

"Bugbear Customer 1" turns to "Lucky Lucy." "YES I WOULD LIKE TWO FAUNAS PLEASE." Then, whispering behind his maul, "Truman made some new friends and one of them is possessed by a spell and can only speak Infernal and Abyssal. THANK YOU I WILL TAKE THOSE FAUNAS THEY ARE EXCELLENT WARES EVERYONE SHOULD BUY FROM LUCKY LUCY, BECAUSE SHE ALWAYS HAS EXCELLENT PRODUCTS FOR REASONABLE PRICES." Aaron gives Yoshiko a big wink and pats her on the back, knocking her slightly off balance.

Nailed it, "Bugbear Customer 1" thinks to himself.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Mister Kent on Sep 24, 2017, 02:30 AM
(https://i.imgur.com/IqFhVuM.png)

Aaron/Luis/Truman/Yoshiko and company, the Gardens:
Spoiler: show
Yoshiko:
The painted knight Morgen Von Klaw eyes Aaron suspiciously. "You have some interesting clientele, Miss Lucy!" she comments, but smiles, and gives you a sympathetic look as if to say, 'Hey, we've all been there!"

"Anyhow, if you are off to see the lich, I am feeling rather better after your cleric mended me," she notes with a thankful nod to Luis. "Would you like me to accompany you, or remain here with the Witch?"

Out in the hall you hear one of the Oku shouting as if possessed, repeating something about a "devil" and a "matching set".

Aaron and Truman:
Agrimony chitters to her fellow Oku but mostly stays close to you. "Can your friend help? It sounds like Tutsan is saying the same something over and over-oku, but what that something is...we don't know!" she squawks in frustration.

Owl, traveling North:
Spoiler: show
As the feathered companion flees the room, he glimpses a trio leading the armor White Jacquets. They wear special cloaks with the crest of Voidheim.
(https://i.imgur.com/OFTvX64.png)
OOC: Which route/rooms is Owl using to travel North?

Lai Shan/Seth/Sharis with Ashen, Room 14:
Spoiler: show


Lai Shan:
You trance first and then take on watch while the others rest. You rest in the hall undisturbed, which is not to say it is uneventful. Throughout your rest there is the constant pulsating breeze down the hall, and the sound of crickets in the black room from which the orchidmen emerged. It sounds like Chronia has resumed playing her guitar (badly), something begins shuffling in the next room north.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Ten Dead Kings on Sep 24, 2017, 07:30 AM
Sovereign. Room 3.
Spoiler: show

Fed up with recent events, Sovereign decides to go look for the cat. Maybe she'll find something useful for herself in this maze following her.

(Will start back tracking to where she last saw Yoshiko and try to find her by going through the rooms.)

Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: A Bad Idea on Sep 25, 2017, 12:59 PM
Lai Shan/Seth/Sharis with Ashen, Room 14:
Spoiler: show


Lai Shan:
You trance first and then take on watch while the others rest. You rest in the hall undisturbed, which is not to say it is uneventful. Throughout your rest there is the constant pulsating breeze down the hall, and the sound of crickets in the black room from which the orchidmen emerged. It sounds like Chronia has resumed playing her guitar (badly), something begins shuffling in the next room north.


Lai Shan, Room 14

Spoiler: show
Lai Shan had stood up to stretch when she heard the shuffling to the north. Could it be a foe? One of her allies? Maybe another one of the maze's weird denizens? In any case, it wouldn't do to have the others' wake from their rest prematurely. Lai Shan had to deal with this before the whole room is compromised. Quietly, she heads north, peeking carefully through the door to see what lies beyond.
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: ZigZagaroo on May 26, 2018, 03:45 PM
Spoiler: show
The second the Medusa's glances off towards the hideously laughing Draco Scabra, Black Medick hands you the bag of spoils from the vault room, and Great Mullein begins to stir to consciousness. Though the bird masks are not that expressive, he looks at you with what you can only read as desperation.

"I carved out this little hollow between dimensions so I would not be disturbed, and both my prisoners and mementos would be secure," the Medusa explains. "But with each passing century I receive more and more visitors. It is me, or shouldn't some things remain sacred? I mean, isn't a girl entitled to a little privacy?" She retains her cool demeanor, but is mildly annoyed. "Now, what is it you wanted, again?"
Quote

Chorden, Archives

Spoiler: show
After quickly hiding away his newly acquired spoils Chorden gave a long pause, perhaps the longest he ever gave, to ponder the situation at hand. This woman before him, this Medusa, had not only wielded an unnatural power, but had the command of a multitude of abominations to eradicate him where he stood. To save his life, siding with the Medusa and abandoning these feathered miscreants had seemed to be the wisest option for him. Yet before he could exclaim this declaration of allegiance, in the glimpse of his eye Great Mullein's desperate gaze met his. In that single moment Chorden could resonate with Great Mullein's powerlessness, it was a feeling all too familiar to him so many times before. Though they had thrown him into this encounter in the first place they still knew their way around this twisting labyrinth better then him, perhaps in due time they could aid him with reuniting with his compatriots, or even one of the Lords themselves. Chorden turned his back towards the Medusa and as he took a mere five steps forward he held the letter still in his grasp before him and began to speak:

...W-What I want? Why if it had been of my own volition I would have wanted to remain in my own realm. I am.. or was, in the enslavement of a mad human sorcerer, along with my other brethren. Hen..no, Harold! Harold the... Terrible was his title! He claimed to serve a dark and powerful deity he believed was imprisoned in this realm. I believe it was..uh, a half spider, half snake, half...god? It's hard to recall, he was known to spout such insane gibberish, it was near impossible to understand...

OOC: Deception = 1d20 - 2 = (6) - 2 = 4

He was making it up as he went along, and knew she wouldn't buy it by his inconsistent pace of thought. However his attempt at conceiving a well crafted lie was not his main faocus but rather the note he was scribbling on the rolled up letter with ther piece of charcoal he had on hand. In his time working among the ranks of other thieves and rogues, such as Truman, he had acquired a thorough understanding of the Thieve's Cant language. If these three bird brains were truly of the same rank, they would surely understand his message. As Chorden continues on with his poorly crafted lie, he does his best to obscure the Medusa's view of the letter as he quickly jots down the message along it's length:

I'll cause a distraction, once I do I'll leave it in your judgement to decide the best escape route.
If you find yourself in the Curator's gaze once more, either threaten to destroy this letter or to light the archives aflame...


                 If you succeed and I still breathe, YOU OWE ME...

OOC: Sleight of Hand = 1d20 + 5 = (19) +5 = 24

After he finishes the message, he begins to walk towards the three bird brains,"... I got separated from him and the rest of my kin during our expedition in this labyrinth, and somehow ended up here. If he had succumbed to his demise by some trap or horrible beast then so be it, bastard deserved it. I encountered these three during my wanderings, and they were more than willing to take me in their stead, whether it be out of kindness or pity I can not tell. Afterwards we encountered the thing you refer to as the "Curator", and  immediately sought to pursue us. I ask you, whatever transgressions you may have with this trio, please allow them to amend whatever mess they wrought." He hands the letter over to Black Medick, making sure the message is in his full view

He turns back to fully face the Medusa. He knew she wouldn't buy any of his malarkey, and it was only a matter of time until her patience would run thin with his lies, if a distraction was needed then this was the moment to make it. Keeping his gaze just below her waist level, as to not meet hers, Chorden jumps into a full sprint towards her. Before she could counteract, he immediately stops drops to his knees just before her and presses his palms firmly on the floor. Giving the deepest bow he had ever given in years he exclaims for all to hear:

"I ask of you now... no I beg of you to allow me to stay! I wish not to return to my master if he still my live, and my kin are good as dead remaining here in service to him! I will gladly serve you for the rest of my days if you will allow me! I am old and weak, but I am still fast and perceptive. I could be your eyes and ears, I'd gather the most silent of whispers and the most secluded of secrets to share with you. Or I could simply remain here in the archives, I've seen the horrid mess it lies in. Why I could spend the rest of my years rearranging into a more perfect assortment if it would please you so! Anything to give my life purpose once more!..."

OOC: Grovel, Cower, and Beg:
As an action, I can distract all foes within 10 feet of me that can see me so that my allies gain advantage on attack rolls against them
(Or in this case, I'd like to make it so the Oku have advantage on stealth if you'll allow it Kent. Otherwise disregard it and see it as an attempt at a distraction without any benefits.)
Title: Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
Post by: Dechado on May 26, 2018, 09:17 PM
Aaron/Luis/Truman/Yoshiko and company, the Gardens:
Spoiler: show

"Unless you've got objections to this plan?"

I despise you so much, kitten He mouthed, making sure Yoshiko could read his lips.
"No problem here, Miss Lucy!" Faked a smile and exaggerated his excitement.

He really only just wanted to be next to Aaron. But apparently they were all busy pretending to all be in good terms with Yoshiko's persona.