So what comics are you reading?

Re: So what comics are you reading?
« Reply #50 on: Jan 22, 2007, 04:57 PM »
Due to a lack of cash and eye-catching comic books at the library, I've been reading a lot of webcomics lately...
I'm pretty fond of "Gone With the Blastwave" and "Nana's Everyday Life".

Hum...
« Reply #51 on: Jan 22, 2007, 09:29 PM »
Right now I'm following X-men vol.2 since 182(particularly the Carey/Bachalo arc) and two Superman books, Actionc Comics(the Geoff Johns and Richard Donner arc) and Superman Cofidential. And recently I began to read The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen(I just love Alan Moore works), Majin Devil, The Walking Dead, beginning to read the Bleach manga and 1GB of Deadpool comics via torrent.
In the webcomics section I usually read a lot of them, mostly VG Cats, The Perry Bible Fellowship, Ever After, Las Lindas, Crtl+Alt+Del, Girl Genius, among others.

Blacksad -- I don't know, a lot of people have never heard of it, but I got some hard copies from my illustration teacher in French and it took me a little while to find some of it in English. Worth it however: classic noir themes, like what a black and white movie would be in color (and with anthros). Beautifully written and everything.

You. Lucky. Lucky.
« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2007, 09:34 PM by MESIASdaRocket »

« Reply #52 on: Jan 22, 2007, 11:21 PM »
RUNAWAYS RUNAWAYS RUNAWAYS.

SO GOOD.

<3

-Jesse

« Reply #53 on: Jan 23, 2007, 05:23 AM »
RUNAWAYS HOMG, i haven't read it in ages but it is AWESOME.

« Reply #54 on: Jan 23, 2007, 02:09 PM »
Hahaha, Concerned - that webcomic had me tearing up with everypage, but yes... most of the humour probably wouldn't be nearly as funny if you never played hl2.

A couple books I have in my small late-blossoming collection:
Sandman: endless nights,
a few Hellboy books,
Ultimate Fantastic Four,
Bone ( yes, I too recommend it ),
and Batman: hush
Batman Wardrums.

as well as a few crappy cheapo comics I've picked up to learn " How not " to make comics.

« Reply #55 on: Jan 23, 2007, 03:17 PM »
My other half got me 3 volumes of Scott pilgrim. And I am in love all over again.

« Reply #56 on: Jan 23, 2007, 07:28 PM »
i think i have read every scott pilgrim 5 times.
everytime i go to toronto its difficult to not imagine scott and ramona sitting in the pizza pizza across the street.

« Reply #57 on: Jan 23, 2007, 10:22 PM »
I don't have much money right now,so I've just been reading books I already have.

Lately I've been reading:
The Complete Frank Miller Spider-Man

A couple of comicbooks I got on FreeComicbook Day a few years back

and various reprints of Spiderman comics.

« Reply #58 on: Jan 24, 2007, 06:20 PM »
Since my working habitat is in a bookstore, I've been following multiple series.
Current ones I've been reading are RG Veda, D Gray Man, Y the Last Man, Cromartie High School, and THIS wonderful little gem that has been a pain in the ass to get into our stores but worth the wait,

I recommend this to anyone who likes a good variety of the surreal, horror, and slighty pervy sense of humor.

One of my current top favorite  comics of all, Sky Doll.  Last year Heavy Metal brought out a 2006 summer special issue that contained the first three SkyDoll stories dubbed in english. Kozi already scanned some pages , but I figured I'd scan a page to show that indeed there was an official translation done with the comic.

« Reply #59 on: Jan 26, 2007, 12:35 PM »
One of my current top favorite  comics of all, Sky Doll.  Last year Heavy Metal brought out a 2006 summer special issue that contained the first three SkyDoll stories dubbed in english. Kozi already scanned some pages , but I figured I'd scan a page to show that indeed there was an official translation done with the comic.
Someone please rapid share the first volume or something I would love you guys dearly, cause I really wanna read it but I'm broke off my ass. xD

Also if anyone can point me to the right direction where I can find a Warcraft comic that would be cool too. xD
"I'm giving you a head start, you're going to need it. Cause I fight like a girl."

« Reply #60 on: Jan 26, 2007, 01:41 PM »
I've been reading Skydoll myself. Just waiting for the 4th installment patiently. I can hook you up, RJ. Just IM me during the evening.

Aside from Skydoll, there's Blade of the Immortal, I guess that would be it. =\

« Reply #61 on: Jan 26, 2007, 05:04 PM »
i was re-reading this chapter of One Piece, and locked onto one of the sole reasons i fucking love this manga to death: FIGHTY PUNCH ACTION GET. This shit is my action bread and butter.

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/7457/gatlingwh1.jpg

FIGHTY PUNCH ACTION GET. This shit is my action bread and butter.
an escalator can never break, it can only become stairs

« Reply #62 on: Jan 27, 2007, 12:01 AM »
another one.........and I'll be shocked and dismayed if Uncle hasn't read or heard about it is The Flaming Carrot
www.flamingcarrot.com/FC/covers/fc2cover.jpg

I'm surprised no one has mentioned NEXTWAVE: AGENTS OF H.A.T.E yet!  Hilarious book that actually makes me laugh when reading it!

Just plain awesome art by Stuart Immonen too.

the first eleven issues of this was some of the funniest clever clever tricky dicky shit  I have read in a while.....and I read that James is a 'tit busy'.....and that was freakin hilarious
« Last Edit: Jan 27, 2007, 02:35 AM by Wei Ingnan »
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #63 on: Jan 27, 2007, 04:53 PM »
the last thing i read was no. 5 part one and 2, and east coast rising.  and my own comic.

« Reply #64 on: Jan 29, 2007, 10:36 PM »
I'm kinna re-re-reading NYC MECH.

But mostly digesting novels right now. Comics/Graphic Novels are too expensive and I read them too quickly. [even if you add in art-gawking time.] Also my comic shop moved to the other side of the city and it's an ass to go all the way over there every month or what.
insomnia

« Reply #65 on: Jan 31, 2007, 02:25 PM »
Transmetropolitan owns my life.

The end.
Four out of five dentists agree: that fifth dentist is an asshole.

« Reply #66 on: Jan 31, 2007, 02:59 PM »
I've been reading Skydoll myself. Just waiting for the 4th installment patiently. I can hook you up, RJ. Just IM me during the evening.

Aside from Skydoll, there's Blade of the Immortal, I guess that would be it. =\

Oooh hook ups. D: count me in?

« Reply #67 on: Feb 03, 2007, 04:44 PM »
this guy is awesome

Benjamin Roman

« Reply #68 on: Feb 04, 2007, 04:09 PM »
civil war and frontline <3
-So said the clown.

« Reply #69 on: Mar 04, 2007, 01:59 AM »
so what?......everyone stopped reading comics allova sudden like?

« Reply #70 on: Mar 04, 2007, 07:18 AM »
haha thank you wei.

I have been looking through this:

very pretty book of old weird comics (some of them TERRIBLE, and some of them possibly BRILLIANT), back from the time before mr. crumb and all made it ok to make weird comics. i love this old stuff it's so DIFFERENT. "Art Out of Time: Unknown Comics Visionaries 1900-1969"

also EVERYBODY needs to watch these guys: http://community.livejournal.com/act_i_vate/ there's a lot of good comics going on there.

also also i just reread Watchmen and realized it is a really well put together book, with very effective use of cinematographic techniques, subtle threads of visual symbolism, and really smart multi-layered dialogue. IS IT SO WRONG OF ME TO FEEL THIS WAY.
« Last Edit: Mar 04, 2007, 07:23 AM by mr. robot »

« Reply #71 on: Mar 04, 2007, 08:55 AM »
Oh man... I haven't read a comic book in a while... I should pay a visit to my local comic book geek when I get some cash. 

The last one I read was Marvel's Origin: The True Story of Wolverine.

I couldn't find my scanned pages on Google, and I didn't want to bend my book. :}

« Reply #72 on: Mar 04, 2007, 09:07 AM »
I'm reading Spider-man The Other. Awesom book. SPIDER MAN DIES... AND THEN... but that would spoil the ending.... YOU GO READ.
Good help is so hard to find these days...
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/DrakeChick/B

« Reply #73 on: Mar 04, 2007, 10:20 AM »
My friend is a big fan of Jhonen Vasquez, and she let me read her "I Feel Sick", "Johnny the Homicidal Maniac", "Squee!", and "Fillerbunny" books. For being completely ridiculous, they were pretty good. I liked them.

« Reply #74 on: Mar 04, 2007, 10:51 AM »
Hey Evan! I love that out of time book, I often look through it when I need a pick me up.

If you liked that book, you should check this out out.

http://www.amazon.com/Moomin-Complete-Jansson-Comic-Strip/dp/1894937805
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moomin
The Moomins are the central characters in a series of books by Finnish writer Tove Jansson, originally published in Swedish. They are a family of Scandinavian trolls who are white, round and furry in appearance, with large snouts that make them resemble hippopotamuses.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

291 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us